Page 320 of 620 FirstFirst ... 220270310315318319320321322325330370420 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,400 of 12385

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Most of what we know about Norse mythology was written down by some Christian guy so it wouldn’t be a stretch to say that Norse mythology is pretty Christianized.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    So, for reference; which one out of the three is y'all's favorite?
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    They’re all great. Imma say modi because I really vibe with the faceclaim.
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Modi because you invented good stuff for a vague guy like him
    He really does have that protagonist feel to him I see. Also, frankly I didn't really invent much. I took inspiration for all 3 of them from my re-reading of the Gotterdammerung chapter and the Norse figure profiles, especially from Sigurd's (eating the heart of dragon idea) profiles. The rest is just me adapting what I can from the scraps of actual myth available and my overflowing hype for Elden Ring release.
    Anyways, thanks for taking the time to answer!
    Last edited by Kamera; November 14th, 2021 at 08:37 PM.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Most of what we know about Norse mythology was written down by some Christian guy so it wouldn’t be a stretch to say that Norse mythology is pretty Christianized.
    i agree with that one.
    mythology in northern and western europe was mostly reconstructed and told by pious christians. The source Snorri is suspected to have invented a bunch of myths we use nowadays. The myth of belebog and Chernobog is probably a misunderstanding and just reconstructed by using the indo-euro archetype of good vs. evil as a template.
    through the advent of christianity one could argue that much of the original corpus of respective mythology was lost to the aeons, but at least some good samaritans recorded myths of the natives. That counts for european and south-american mythology.

- - - Updated - - -

Kamera, what would you say is your best work so far?
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    I honestly don't really know. If I had to choose, probably Kierkegaard.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i agree with that one.
    mythology in northern and western europe was mostly reconstructed and told by pious christians. The source Snorri is suspected to have invented a bunch of myths we use nowadays. The myth of belebog and Chernobog is probably a misunderstanding and just reconstructed by using the indo-euro archetype of good vs. evil as a template.
    through the advent of christianity one could argue that much of the original corpus of respective mythology was lost to the aeons, but at least some good samaritans recorded myths of the natives. That counts for european and south-american mythology.

- - - Updated - - -

Kamera, what would you say is your best work so far?
    well the story elobog and Chernabog could also be a remnant of the Slavic interactions with the Iranian people as they werer at a point neighbours . similar have i read that modern comparison are compare Fenrir to Angra Mainyu .

About that yeah you are right as actually the Greco Roman Mythology is aside the mythologies we know that were writhen down and passed to us over the people that had the same faith ,as the religion to which the mythology belonged . Well until we were able to read the ancient tables of levantine respectively the egyptian hieroglyphs . About the other Euuropean mythologies know we almost only from the viewpoints or outsiders .

Which i pity as , one or two skripts about their mythology or rites writhen from pagan authors withtheir own religious view would be great .

One Question Delrey whebn you could chose to get the knowledge (beyond our actual knowledge i mean)over one mythology which would you chose ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    i agree with that one.
    Off topic, but I can't help but chuckle at the irony that you used the phrase "good samaritan" to describe someone who didn't christianize something.

Blog Entries
    I was wrong Nitty. The Servant after this is for you.

Source
    Class: Avenger
    Other Classes: Caster
    True Name: Angra Mainyu/Irisveil von Einzbern
    Alignment: Chaotic "Good"
    Place of Origin: Germany
    Height: 158 cm.
    Weight: 52 kilo.
    Dislikes: Her husband. Expressionless priests who enjoy unbelievably spicy things and practice Bajiquan.
    Natural Enemy: Irisveil, EMIYA, KOTOMINE

Parameters:
    STR: E
    END: E
    AGI: C
    MGI: A+
    LCK: B
    NP: B

Class Skills:
    Territory Creation (EX):
    Avenger’s duel existence as both the vessel for and the contents of the Grail grants her the power to turn wherever she steps into the “resting place of the Grail”. As such, Servants around her not attuned to the “Grail” gain a decrease in all Parameters while Servants blackened by Pollution, and hence “attuned”, are given an increase in both Parameters and Skills. This also allows Avenger to draw in the wishes of those around her and souls of defeated Servants for the purpose of manifesting as her true form, the Holy Grail.

Magic Resistance (A):
    Cancel spells of A-Rank or below, no matter what High-Thaumaturgy it is. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a "Magus Killer".

Personal Skills:
    Heaven's Feel (C):
    A Skill declaring a Servant’s compatibility with the completion of the Heaven’s Feel Ritual. Should it be required, Avenger is capable as acting as the vessel from which the Holy Grail can manifest.

Pollution (EX):
    Avenger is a conduit for All the World’s Evil, shown by her connection and ability to generate Black Mud: a curse so strong it has gained physical form. This mud is able to break down anything it touches, including Spiritual Bodies. If she is able to completely immerse a Servant within the mud before their death, they will return as a Blackened Servant loyal to and controlled by her. This also effects those already altered by its properties.

Black Blessing (B):
    A Skill that denotes a connection to something both Divine and Demonic in nature. As a being only made possible by the reincarnation of Angra Mainyu being cultivated with the Grail, Avenger has a deep connection to the Grail and its contents.

Connection to the Root (C):
    As a vessel for the Grail, and as one who became said vessel in their previous life, Avenger has an unmistakable connection to the Root. Though unable to utilize it herself, as its true form is the granting of other’s wishes through her connection, her master is able to make a “wish” for a minor change to the world. Doing so requires a hefty amount of mana or the use of a command seal.

As more Servants are killed and drawn into the Grail, her capacity for greater wishes is also increased in direct proportion to the number. As such, the mana cost for these greater wishes is also greater.

Noble Phantasm
    Song of Grail: Sing Out, O' Black Grail (B)
    Anti-Army

While a similar Servant possesses a Noble Phantasm much like her own, Avenger’s can be said to be its polar opposite. Rather than a pure and loving nature sublimated as a Noble Phantasm, Avenger’s is born from Angra Mainyu’s own nature finding a definitive outlet for its evil and hate. Doing so, this Noble Phantasm temporarily grants the wish the Grail has been attempting since its corruption.

It applies a variety of diminishing effects based off All the World’s Evils to anyone within range of the call. A wave of destruction and pain that stuns even the strongest of Servants, this Noble Phantasm’s greatest purpose is not to cause harm, but to weaken Servants long enough for her to use Pollution on them.

Lore

...Really? You clicked on this? I mean, do I even need to explain her backstory? Anyone who's seen Fate/Zero already knows basically everything they need. Basically, the changes that matter I touch on in Personality, so your time would be better spent reading that part.

So... You can move on to that part. Nothing here worth seeing.
    ...So... I know Gen made some changes in Zero that are directly contradicted by lines in the original VN, hence why Zero is considered a divergent canon, but I've always thought that was a bit silly. I mean, the changes it makes aren't world-altering or drastic enough that it couldn't be excused. Iris taking part in the war rather than dying after it just feels like something that can be ignored, considering there are probably people who missed that dialog entirely. I think UFOtable actually did a good job in that regard bridging the two so that the inconsistencies don't exist. The only thing they need to do now is either make Saber's route or skip Arcuied and go straight to Ciel's for the sake of the meme.Kirei may be best girl, but Irisveil was best wife. Kuzuki is clearly the husbando of Stay Night, hands down. Compared to other people's picks like Archer or Cu or even Gil in extreme cases, Kuzuki just wins. Despite being an assassin raised from birth to be an emotionless killing machine, he's somehow the most stable option out of all of them. Loyal, attentive, affectionate in his own way, and talented enough that he could do really anything you might need if you ask. An all-around great man to marry. Medea doesn't deserve him.Altria is a really stupid name for Nasu to keep trying to push for Saber. Artoria is my personal favorite of the bunch, due to it feeling both feminine and strong while being rooted in Artorius, while Arturia is a close second even if it's just a girl version of Arthur, but Altria just feels wrong. What's your favorite?We have so many memes from the other anime, so why haven't I seen any from Heaven's Feel? Am I just missing them? Are there just not as many meme-worthy moments in that trilogy? We made a meme out of one of the most important character moments in UBW just because the wording was funny! Surely we can find something worth memeing in those movies!

Nothing to see here!Sometimes I wonder if I'm growing stale in my Servant creation. Wondering if I might have lost that initial magic I once had. I'm not disappointed in the Servants I've been making. Far from it. But I still wonder if somethings missing. Like I've fallen into a niche of content that, while consistent, doesn't have that pizazz it once did. Even when I delved into Arthurians, I tried to be adventurous with my choices and how I made them. If I can brag a moment, I believe I often make things that can catch people off guard even now, but that's the point. I almost feel like it's expected now that I will catch people off guard. It's expected that I'll do something a little out of the ordinary or take a sheet in a direction others might not have considered or hide something for them to find. I guess that it's not that I feel I'm doing a bad job, but that I'm being... stagnant in consistency. Like I won't be able to give something that will truly take people aback to consider anymore.

Maybe I'm just chasing something that never really existed.

Personality
    Formed through Angra Mainyu possessing the remnants of Irisviel von Einzbern's personality in the Greater Grail, Avenger can be said to be both All the World’s Evils and the homunculus known as Irisviel.

While possessing the same gentle and loving demeanor of Irisviel, a crueler personality and darker desire lurks beneath the surface from the influence of Angra Mainyu. This usually manifests by amplifying the one thing that brought her true anger and despair: Kiritsugu Emiya being unwilling to fulfill his wish despite the sacrifices she had made. It had all been for him and his ideal, and he had thrown both her and their daughter away. Even if she understood the reason, being under Angra’s effects at the time of the action has set this betrayal in her mind. Because of this conflict, she both celebrates his death at the hands of her curse and deeply mourns the death of the man who gave her everything.

Overall, this is a darker, more jaded Irisveil that usually shows the shadow of her former self but can never truly return to it.

Relationships
    EMIYA: My Dear, how could you forget me? Why can’t I forget you?!

Illyasveil: Seeing her child shy away from her is almost as heart-breaking as her husband’s betrayal.

EMIYA: You… you’re just like him! Who would you sacrifice… who would you kill for your dream?

EMIYA Alter: Everyone... you'd kill everyone...

Artoria: Why do you keep fighting? Why does everyone keep fighting? Why won’t it stop?

Artoria Alter: No more! The fighting stops here!

Alexander/Child-Gil: Finds them cute but can’t bring herself to mention it.

Zhuge Liang: If I had lived longer, I might have lost the same naivety that you did.

KOTOMINE: *Very uncharacteristic laughter* Die for me!
    KOTOMINE had to be resummoned, and the janitors had a hard time cleaning all the black muck from the walls.

Irisveil: Maybe… it’s for the best.

Another Perseus situation, but not nearly as in-depth as that one. Mostly because we don’t need some examination of her character or some in-depth recounting of her story. She wasn’t even really an actual Servant, made just for the Accel Zero singularity to have a final obstacle, but I’m still actually proud of what I did with it.

I’m sure no one has noticed this fact, but my KOTOMINE Servant also has Black Blessing. There’s a greater reason beyond the obvious, but I’m pretty sure no one here actually cares about why.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So this is my newest servant. It was actually really fun to make and took a few turns I didn't expect. I'll talk more at the end.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

".... Oh, I've been summoned... I am servant.... what was I again...? Ah, right... Voyager. I am Sandman... Come, master... let us explore dreams"

Sources: AXEL_PC, Linfotoutcourt.com. Miguel Mendonca, comicartfans.com.
    PNGWing.com.
    Class: Voyager
    True Name: the Sandman
    Origin: European Folklore
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Likes: Sleeping, Dreaming, Interpreting Dreams, Imagination, and Creativity
    Dislikes: Conformity, Long periods of wakefulness, Mathematics, and Common Sense.
    Talents: Inspiring Sleep, Dreams, Imagination, and Creativity.
    Natural Enemy: Caffeine and Scientists
    Other Classes: Caster, Assassin, and Pretender
    Catalyst: A bag of long-lived sand or the feather of an Oneiroi.
    Armament: a bag of the Sands of the Eternal (C)

".... It is accurate... but can't it be more... exciting?"

Parameters

Spoiler:
    Str: E+
    End: D+
    Agi: D+
    Mna: B+
    Lck: B+

"I am... a bit weaker than I was... but that doesn't make my dreams... weaker, master"

Lore

Spoiler:
    Under normal circumstances, Sandman would not be a servant but a powerful wraith backed by popular myth surviving multiple centuries. However, he is not simply the Sandman. His tale is much different from this. As the Age of Gods ended and the divine spirits fled to the Reverse Side of the World, a lone trio of gods remained.

Similar to Heracles, they lacked the mechanical features of their parents and looked closer to humans. However, unlike them they lacked the proper power to flee there. Eventually a hard decision was made; One of them would absorb the divine core of the others and bring them all to that side. After much bickering it was decided each would devise a challenge and present it to the others.

Each designed clever challenges and each used wit to overcome them. However when presented with Morpheus' challenge, they failed due to misunderstanding humanity. Each tried to argue, but the agreement was clear and he then took the divine cores and absorbed them into his own.

However they never noticed a key problem; The ways out had long closed. Their competitions had taken too long and they could not escape their fate. Lamenting at first, Morpheus came up with a clever ploy and went about preparing. Soon, the ancient god Morpheus slept and replacing him was merely a dream of himself.

He continued his duty, giving dreams of either prophecy or nonsensical fantasy. He collected prana from each sleeping person her granted dreams to, only enough that they'd sleep the night. What little he collected in his travels he transmitted via a connection to his sleeping self. For years, they subsisted like this only just and his power dwindled as time went on.

However, not all things last. For as clever as his ploy was, the texture was simply hostile to an existence like his. Even his dream could not persist and it knew when it died its owner would die too. However one day a particular dream brought awareness to it of a method of survival.

A knightly girl sitting upon a tree, bleeding heavily. He'd normally ignore such a sight, focused on collecting prana from humans to survive. Yet by chance he noticed the girl stir. Realizing she was sleeping, he decided to give her a nice dream before she passed away. Yet he discovered she was already dreaming.

As he observed her dream he slowly realized through her herself that the dream was no mere dream but a reality. An arrangement with outside forces from the world. Then he learned the details and a plan formed in his head.

Before he left her he used some of his power to ensure her last moments would be spent with some amount of happiness, his token of appreciation for the knightly girl, unbeknownst to her, had saved the life of Morpheus. He continued his duty but became more obvious with his presence. He would spin tales to children and adults about the man that gave dreams to children and sleep to parents.

Then, when the day came that his efforts were not enough, he burned away. However he knew he succeeded as word of the spirit of sleep and dreams Sandman were commonplace. Content, Sandman burned away and soon after Morpheus awoke, his long dream over and with it his life.

"Morpheus.... the name is familiar.... yet I do not know why...?"

Class Skills

Presence Concealment: B

Spoiler:
    As the Sandman, a being that snuck into the rooms of the most highly guarded facilities of his time to put children to sleep, he has a high level of this skill. He can easily hide his presence and intentions right up until his attack during which he has E-rank presence concealment. Until this point, only servants specialized with locating hidden things are capable of detecting him.

"I am... quite stealthy... I once gave a wonderful dream... to a little princess... in a gilded castle..."

Self-Replenishment: C

Spoiler:
    A skill most voyagers have, he is entitled to is through his various ploys to sustain himself as a modern divine spirit. However it is functionally different from most methods. The skill activates whenever he gives dreams to another, drawing in an amount of mana equivalent to the prana he expends to do so. It does not replace the prana toll he takes to the one he gave dreams to.

"Survival is important, master... thought fret not... I will never take... what they cannot afford... I am no monster, after all..."

Longevity: B+

Spoiler:
    A lifetime of misery, a lifetime of worrying about expending prana. He spent much time trying to survive on the little resources he had. A miracle is what permitted him this new existence, granting him this skill at this rank for a successful voyage.

At this rank he not only knows the exact amount of prana he expends and regains, but he also can somewhat guess at the optimal path to acquire more resources, primarily prana though this can extend this to other resources as well as a general estimate of what he will need for a normal day at the start of it.

"A long journey it was... and at the end I appreciate it... hmmm... that sounds... familiar...."

Personal Skills

Dreamlike Charisma: C

Spoiler:
    Whether due to his nature as a living dream or as the Sandman, he exudes a sort of charisma that does not inspire leadership but fascination, often even being able to draw crowds when he talks at length. He can even convince people something is a good idea and to follow through even when they believe otherwise. If he tries, he can even enchant an audience into believing it for a time. No one will find his voice or words particularly grating to hear.

".... I have been told I'm... fascinating. I... appreciate it. Very much..."

the Waking Dream: A

Spoiler:
    Not a unique skill to him per se but it is a rare skill nonetheless. All walkers through dreams have a right to this skill to an extent, even if dormant. In his case however it is fully active. A boundary field surrounds him constantly that ever so slightly warps the texture of the world.

It is so subtle a change that most of the time it is unaware of the change due to the texture of this skill and the texture of the world are nearly identical. However the differences become spotted dependent on the situation. All phenomenon that enter this bounded field, natural or unnatural, become ever so-slightly different and altered.

Essentially, the warps make any phenomenon that enters become 'dream-like'. Wind that enters creates a dramatic flourish, swung swords gain a glint of speed, and even light directed at him becomes even brighter than normal. These changes do not always have a benefit nor even are functionally different.

In addition to the above, as a natural consequence of the method of this skill it alters his personal skill Slumbering Consciousness. Effectively, it inverses the negative modifiers gained into plus modifiers, he cannot be forcefully progressed upwards or downwards (though he must still sleep to elevate), and while asleep an entirely new effect is added to this skill.

"I am often called a daydreamer... I wonder if this is what they meant....?"

Slumbering Consciousness: A

Spoiler:
    An unusual skill that normally is detrimental to a servant but strengthens him quite a bit. It enforces a constant state of half-asleep upon the servant, making them prone to suddenly falling asleep. It is akin to a self-curse and so it is difficult for the servant to resist.

At all times, a servant with this skill is at a minimum half-asleep. For every three hours they do not sleep they grow more and more tired. Normal activities that would wake them do not requiring the use of High Thaumaturgy-class spells to wake them further, though they can never be more than half-asleep. Further, for each degree of sleep they have fallen to (Half asleep=1, very tired=2, near-sleep=3, deep-sleep=4) the servant suffers a negative modifier to their parameters

"A.... good description of me... 'always asleep'... quite poetic for a dream god no?"

Divinity: B+

Spoiler:
    While he is the dream of a god he is not that god himself. As its dream though he is entitled to Divinity and at a high rank. It provides high defensive boons and grants him a high boost to bypass faith-based protections. Very often, he utilizes it to bypass the protections gods have that normally would prevent him from giving them dreams

".... Ah yes... I did dream as Morpheus once... I wonder how that dream ended...?

Personality

Spoiler:
    As an unusual existence, Sandman also has an interesting personality. Despite how he often has long pauses, this is mostly due to his tiredness. Yet, in spite of it, he often functions at full capacity, including his ability, and penchant, for philosophy.

Particularly, the philosophy of dreams. He can debate and converse with others for long hours on the meaning of dreams even when they are nonsensical. However it comes not from a place of logic or education but rather of personal experience. This often comes up as Sandman's views are formed largely by his journey as Morpheus' dream.

Yet, for all the hardship he faced he does not regret any action his took, even if some might have saved his life, nor does he regret the journey at all. He admits at one time he might have but as this particular version of Morpheus he is satisfied with his journey and its conclusion.

Aside from his philosophical views and behavior, he is a kind soul at heart. He will help lull those having trouble asleep and he will try to lighten the nightmares others have if he is capable. If he can afford to, he will not take his normal toll, as he has a different existence from when he journeyed to survive.

Yet there is a darker side. One that can emerge when angered. Usually, this comes about when a dream is violated. However, his definition is loose if not arbitrary though one consistent thing he considers a violation. An unnatural imposition of order.

When someone, or something, forces a dream of someone he has gifted a dream to have order, law, or common sense he will grow very angry and, in an odd sense, become like an avenger. Not seeking their death, harm, or even suffering. He will instead seek to teach the individual the importance of dreams.

Often, his method of accomplishing this is by denying one dreams in the first place. Letting void take their dreams. He will not take his toll but will not do more either. He will let his work speak for itself. He often will leave a small amount of sand behind to indicate it being his work. He will continue this behavior against the offender until they realize how much dreams are important.

"...Yes... order within dreams... common sense being inserted... it is horrendous to taint dreams so..."

Interactions

Spoiler:
    Master with background in Magecraft
    "Tell me... master... do you dream? Not as in the images you see when slumbering... but aspirations, goals, desires... things you want but either cannot or find difficult to have? I ask again, master... do you dream?"

Master new to Magecraft
    "Untainted.... young... a perfect master... tell me, master, do you dream? If you do, then please... let me help guide you through this waking dream we find ourselves in..."

Scheherazade
    "What a wonderful servant you are... a perfect compliment... we should team up sometime..."

Merlin
    "What a funny individual... so similar yet so different... I wonder... could we get along...?"

Charles Babbage
    "A peculiar dream... but a beautiful one... might I... walk your dream sometimes?"

Nursery Rhyme
    "A living dream... what a wonderful existence... I hope it is enjoyable for you, waking dream"

Any Olympian Divine Spirit
    "Hmmm... for some reason... I feel a kinship... strange..."

Any Author Servant
    ".... Maker of dreams... If I could give blessings, I would... but my approval will have to suffice..."

Noble Phantasm

Sanden Som Finns Evigt
    Sand of the Eternals

Type: Anti-Unit

Spoiler:
    A crystallization of the armament of the Sandman, a tool he has in almost all of his legends. When he is summoned, 90% of his prana is converted immediately to fill his sack with 'Sand'. This sand is in an immutable form and acts as simple sand to others. However, for him, is it both his armament and emergency prana.

It's primary function is twofold; To bring about restful sleep and to bring dreams of his choosing. By placing it within his own eyes he temporarily gains a form of Future Sight but aimed at the one he intends to bring a dream to. Then he may place some sand in the closed eyes of them and give them a dream of his choosing.

However there is a deeper power within this. The sand, while small, is in fact a texture within which the dream manifests. He may, so long as he has his sack on him, enter said texture freely. This has a further effect that will be expended upon shortly. First, the other utility of his sand.

He may freely manipulate the sand itself. Each grain of sand, to might walls he can manipulate and control them as a caster might manipulate wind or fire or water. Due to being solid prana, it can be used as a weapon against servants. Of course, a single blade of grass is barely enough to garner a servants attention. It is like a child throwing a handful of prana-infused sand. Irritating, at best.

Yet he can condense the sand into shapes and form, granting them function and strength. A sword, a lance, arrows or even great sandfalls. The more sand he uses in an attack the stronger the attack strength itself. At its strongest he can form C-rank armaments or attacks.

However, these expend a fair amount of sand and so consecutive attacks are difficult as he can find himself out of sand very quickly this way. However, there is a catch. If he happens to be within a Dream texture, regardless of its origin, he gains the power to create A-rank armaments. Strong enough to even clash with the likes of excalibur, even if only briefly.

"Dreams of War.... Dreams of Liars... Dreams of Dragon's Fire... of things that will bite... Exit Light... Enter Night... Take my Hand, We're off to Never-never land... Sanden Som Finns Evigt."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note
    Spoiler:
    So this servant had a few twists and turns. Originally, I was going to make him a foreigner that devoured the divine essence of Hypnos and the wraith of Sandman but gained sentience and changed. There might be echoes of this I missed because once that was finished I decided to change it completely. I decided to make a voyager out of him and with it I had to change quite a bit. Yet I'm satisfied with the new result, it fits way better than the old idea. Also its actually really hard to write 'Dream sand that does things' as a noble phantasm.

Also, before I forget, special thanks to Wyvern and Delray. His voyager servants got me class skills for it while Delrays post here gave me a good idea about what voyagers are all about. Finally, thank you Nine-lives for pointing out the complete lack of Metallica references. I fixed that now.
    Last edited by Baron Magnus; November 15th, 2021 at 10:55 AM.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Disappointed that you didn’t make any Metallica references while making this sheet.

Blog Entries
    NINE-lives:... now I'm disappointed... the least i can do to try to rectify it is one small change.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Give him a line like “exit light… enter night… take my hand…” for when he uses his NP or something like that.

Blog Entries
    Done. Thank you for the suggestion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Magnus View Post
    True Name: the Sandman
    Of course, you used the only face claim that makes sense. Dream as the Sandman. Morpheus as Morpheus.
    Quite poetic.
    Pronouns - She/Her
    Winner of the Legendary Jack-Off
    TRANS LIVES MATTER

Top Five Favourite Servants

Blog Entries
    Corrupted Grail: That's cool. That's very cool.

Blog Entries
    Anju Addams: I did try to get a non-morpheus faceclaim. Unfortunately its either the small child from Guardians movie... or this. At first, I did it because I was vaguely aware of the character and he fit my theme... then I rewrote it and then it just slowly slotted in.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Magnus View Post
    Done. Thank you for the suggestion.
    Thank you baron magnus, very cool!

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Christmas Voyager:

Appearance:
    closest store open 24 hours
    Source

True Name: Pytheas of Massalia

Alignment: Neutral Good

Alternate Classes: Rider, Caster, Avenger

Strength- D
    Agility- B
    Endurance- C+
    Mana- B
    Luck- B
    NP- A+

Personality
    There was once a certain saint who sailed across the night sky bringing gifts to all the children of the world--- "I see, so Santa is an explorer! Well I who witnessed this world's farthest ends won't be surpassed by someone like him. The title of ultimate
    Santa
    explorer
    belongs to me!"
    Voyager declared full of self-assurance. Before anyone could correct that somewhat askew logic he insistently drafted himself into the next Christmas Event. And so, by way of misunderstanding the Voyager-Class Servant Pytheas Santa was born.

His conception of "what a Santa is" might be fuzzy, but Voyager commits himself to his newfound duties with diligence. While retaining his emotionless-seeming demeanor he does his best to spread holiday cheer as a proper Santa would. The scene of him reciting cheerful lines like "Ohoho, the Voyager of Travelling Presents has arrived! Be merry, children!" with a deadpan expression is actually somewhat unnerving, but the Servant himself can't help this. He admits his expressions may be frigid but believes he can still leave presents that warm people's hearts.

His fondness for frozen treats like icecream hasn't dulled in this Class. Even on bitterly cold days he'll still enjoy eating them. Instead of milk and cookies, it'd be better to leave sorbet and popsicles for this strange Santa. Conversely his natural nemesis is the heat. When under the baking sun, he completely drains of motivation and just flops down like a soggy noodle. Slacker Santa. Thankfully this is unlikely to come up in the Christmas season, but it does mean he gets along poorly with Servants associated to the sun like a certain fox and pharaoh. On certain situations he may even try to hide under his jellyfish like a parasol.

Voyager deeply admires children, respecting their sense of wonder and imagination as opposed to those who dogmatically casted doubt on his discoveries. Despite his awkward nature he tries to be an encouraging big brother-figure around them, gladly playing along on imaginary adventures and letting them ride on his jellyfish familiars. Voyager strives to impart words of wisdom so they don't forget the innocence of childhood. "The greatest present is the curiosity to imagine what lies beyond the horizon, don't let anyone take that away from you."

Dislikes: summer, dogmatic adults, when his cold demeanor scares people off
    Talents: exploration, delivering presents
    Natural Enemy: Strabo, Tamamo No Mae, Ozymandias

Class Skills:

Independent Navigation- B+
    The Voyager Class' variation of Independent Action. A Skill granted to those famed for travelling through distant lands, whether to reach a destination or simply savoring the scenery along the way. Donates the Servant a rank-up to Endurance and constant supply of magical energy per turn so long as they continue on their journey. As one of the first in his era who sailed beyond the Hellenic world to document the wonders across the seas Pytheas obtains a high value in this Skill. Ranked up while in icy environments.

Personal Skills:

Voyager Of The Snowstorm- B+
    The talent of one who once sailed to the farthest north reaches of the world, repurposed to delivering presents on a snowy night. Allows Voyager to negate any obstructions caused by adverse environmental conditions that would impede his new goal of giving gifts. For one who braved the hellish cold at the world's limits, ordinary snow and storms are welcomed like a cool breeze.

Golden Rule (Gifts)- B
    The wondrous treasures that Pytheas brought back from his voyages beyond the known world displayed as a Personal Skill that represents the presents given to deserving children on Christmas night. Allows Voyager to pull "presents" fully formed from the sea itself, bypassing the need for a construction process. These presents can be composed of anything Voyager discovered on his travels such as tin, amber and seashells. The amber in particular has become a sweet syrup that can be hardened to form candy treats. Despite their sweet taste they in fact nourish the body and mind, stimulate growth and don't bring any nasty cavities. However Voyager still needs time and concentration to form more complex gifts. Thus establishment of a workshop might nevertheless be advantageous to expedite production.

Rune Magic (Yule)- C+
    The basic runecraft Voyager picked up to defend himself on his travels through Germania. Upon becoming Santa he's integrated elements of the Norse god Odin (master of runes and one component of the Santa Claus archetype) into his Saint Graph, bolstering this Skill. He can imbue runes into his gifts to enhance them (such as reverting amber to sweet tree-sap or animating a toy-soldier to move with true life), simulate a True Name Discernment Skill and use the Kenaz rune to create a flame that guides him while traveling amongst other feats.

Noble Phantasms
    Alfar Polaris Pleumon
    Saint's Helpers, Frolic Under The North Star

Type: Variable

Santa created presents to give to all the children in the world, but he wasn't alone. Accompanying him were a legion of elvish helpers, devoted and eager to the cause of bringing happiness to children. Once embracing the role of Santa Claus, it goes without saying Voyager would possess these very same helpers. At least, one would think so. However upon hearing that story it seems Voyager has adapted his own form of this Noble Phantasm more closely rooted in the experiences along his travels.

Mysteriously, these familiars now manifest in the form of icy-blue jellyfish topped with incongruous fluffy Santa-hats. Phantasmal Beasts Pytheas glimpsed at the frozen sea on the edges of the World, they've been drafted into serving as the "helpers" accompanying this strange Santa on his newfound voyage of
    discovery
    delivering presents
    . Capable of drifting through the air and manipulating presents with their shimmery tendrils, they can do everything elves can, at least so Voyager claims. Despite the creatures' alien and otherworldly appearance they are naturally playful and affectionate, especially to children.

When pressed into combat their stings aren't poisonous or electrical but carry the cold of the farthest north, temporarily coating the affected portion of the opponent's body in creeping ice. Voyager can also summon particularly large jellies to either ride atop in a flying saucer-like fashion or envelop himself in to cushion blows.

Upon releasing this Noble Phantasm's full power Voyager summons an ice-chariot pulled by nine jellyfish named Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph and sails through the air while streaking a luminous dragon-tail in the shape of an aurora borealis (an atmospheric phenomenon Pytheas himself discovered on his voyages). While meant for bringing presents all over the world Voyager can repurpose it in a direct Anti-Army attack by crashing the chariot full of holiday cheer into his opponents. He calls out this attack as
    Vóreio Sélas Periplous
    Roundabout Journey On The Blazing Sky

Virginia Testament
    Saint's Spurious Shroud

Type: Support

There are many who'd doubt that a saint could fly across the world delivering presents to all children, deriding it as a fanciful absurdity straight out of fantasy. Yet nevertheless his existence is still affirmed and embraced by countless adults and children across the world, alike investing their hopes and faith in maintaining that impossible miracle. These contradictions entwine with the skepticism tarnishing Voyager's own genuine accomplishments and give rise to this Noble Phantasm.

Once a shroud of curses seething with the spite and resentment of those who insisted a poor commoner could've never undertaken the voyages attributed to Pytheas, it now adapts a far cheerier form, manifesting as a festive red mantle with white furry trim draped over his shoulders. Resembling the Holy Shroud of a certain Saint as immortalized in pop-culture. While wearing it Voyager embodies the ambiguity and contradictions surrounding Santa Claus as one who both "undoubtedly exists" and yet is "surely a fantasy".

As a vague and uncertain existence Voyager can weaken his connection to Gaia to the extent where his presence becomes almost completely unnoticeable, capable of passing right by someone without being seen and slipping past even magical security-systems with ease. Functionally donates a high-ranking Presence Concealment and Territory Infringement from Santa's ability to conceal all direct existence of his existence as well as enter dwellings undetected through the chimney. Conversely by instead emphasizing his acknowledgment from the World Voyager can grant himself a kind of low-grade Independent Manifestation, signifying that as a "confirmed existence" he can remain indefinitely absent a supply of Mana and obtains resistance to instant-death and time-manipulation attacks.

However only one of these effects is accessible at a time, and he must wait 15 minutes before swapping between them. While useable for combat Voyager mainly relies on this ability in his new role as a Santa to travel and deliver presents with his "hosts" none the wiser. Incidentally this Noble Phantasm's name draws from the famous editorial written to a young girl doubting the existence of Santa Claus. Its opening words "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus" are emblematic of the continued faith in Voyager (Santa).

So here's an early Christmas entry from me, the Santa Pytheas sheet I was talking about on the other thread. Thanks to DelRey for giving me some ideas on the guy. I also went back and changed his Rider's version FC to one of the same character I liked more. As usual comments and critiques would be welcome. Hope y'all enjoy this kuudere jellyfish Santa.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; April 23rd, 2023 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Fixed missing line

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Mark my words. This is the first one in the coming storm of Christmas sheets.

(And it’s honestly a pretty good start.)

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mark my words. This is the first one in the coming storm of Christmas sheets.

(And it’s honestly a pretty good start.)
    Proud to herald the coming (snow)storm.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    nice, a sheet of ReyGolden
    great christmas sheet, pytheas is a great candidate for a santa. I like how you could convert so much into christmas themes, even the runes.
    My christmas project is growing with potentially 5 servants on its way. I hope your servant inspires others to make some too
    just...a little later when the season actually begins

i wanted to post a pic of the jellyfish from spongebob wearing santa hats, but there are legit christmas lights in jellyfish form

"Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.