Page 23 of 620 FirstFirst ... 13182122232425283373123523 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lancer of Springtime

"Deep Breath, relaxed shoulders, focused mind. I am ready to deal with Master's enemies"

Class: Lancer
    Alignment: Neutral/Good
    Region: China
    Height: 152cm
    Weight: 45kg
    Dislikes: bullies, unnecessary violence, hard-headed men
    Talent: Fighting
    Armaments: Hands, knives, staff
    Natural Enemy: Li Shuwen

stats

Str: C
    End: C
    Agi: A
    Mna: C
    Lck: B
    NP: N/A

Skills

class skills

Magic Resistance(D): Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

personal skills

Softness(A) The performance of techniques in a relaxed manner, and by training the physical, mental, breathing, energy and force in a relaxed manner to develop a "soft wholesome force". It protects the user from mental interference and prevents the reduction of the effectiveness of techniques used by Lancer.

Sensitivity(A): The development of automatic reflexes upon contact and the idea of "sticking" to the opponent. In reality, the intention is not to "stick" to your opponent at all costs, but rather to protect your centerline while simultaneously attacking your opponent's centerline. Basically, it reduces the damage received from physical blows while allowing Lancer to release an unlockable counterattack.

Chinese Martial Arts(Wing Chun)(A+++): A Chinese rationality. A count of how much one has mastered the martial arts that made becoming one with the universe its objective. The degree of difficulty for learning this is of the highest level and, unlike other Skills, A-Rank is finally at a level one can say to have "learned it". Upon reaching +++, one is an expert among experts.

Noble phantasm

Beautiful Springtime Fist
    Wing Chun Kuen

This is not a true Noble Phantasm, as Lancer lacks one, but is instead the quintessence of her Martial arts style sublimated into a single technique that can be used with her bare hands or with her staff.
    To start, Lancer takes a defensive stance to intercept a movement of the enemy, then she rapidly delivers several blows to the vital striking points down the center of the body; neck, chest, belly and groin. These hits will, beyond dealing great amounts of damage, interfere with the circulation of mana in the target, disabling the use of Skills or Noble Phantasms that are dependent on the body and even causing long term paralysis on the target.
    It is primarily a technique to disable the opponent and as such, doesn't have a high kill potential, unless the enemy is already weak. In a way, one can say that it is the complete antithesis of a "one-hit attack that certainly kills".

Background

Lancer is Yim Wing Chun. She is a Chinese legendary character, often cited in Wing Chun legends as the first master of the martial art bearing her name. Wing Chun, though a person's name in the Chinese language, translates literally to "spring chant", or maybe substituted with the character for "eternal spring".
    During the Qing Dynasty, a Shaolin Buddhist nun and abbess, Ng Mui, reportedly fled the destruction of the Shaolin temple at the hands of the government; the temple was believed to be harboring revolutionaries. According to one legend, after being inspired by witnessing a crane and a snake fighting, Ng Mui incorporated their movements into her style of Chinese kung fu to form a new, yet-unnamed martial art system.
    Ng Mui later took on a disciple, that being Lancer, and passed the art on to her. Lancer was well known for her beauty and sold tofu for a living. A local bully tried to force her to marry him, but she used the art to defeat him. Some accounts claim that Ng Mui taught Lancer the art specifically for the purpose of defending herself against the man's unwanted advances.

personality

Following the teaching of her former Master, Lancer approaches life with level-headedness and tranquility. It is basically impossible to get her to show anger, although that may just be superficial.
    Along with Martial arts, Lancer situations adopted the beliefs of her teacher that violence should be reserved for dire situations where the remaining options have been extinguished. Her main reason for learning to fight was self-defense after all, and she considers herself a pacifist outside of that.
    Because of her life experiences, Lancer has quite a lot of trouble when dealing with violent or stubborn men. When dealing with young and shy boys however, she finds herself having quite the trouble managing her emotions.

Last edited by the god of world-0; April 7th, 2020 at 07:37 PM.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yim Wing-Chun: I watched the first Ip-Man last night so I was thinking of writing her up myself, but it looks like you beat me to it. Might still write up my own take on her sometime though, since our ideas are somewhat different (I imagined her as an Assassin rather than Lancer for one thing, and with a very different NP). Overall I'd say this is a quite good sheet.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I danced around the idea of making her an assassin, but ultimately it would not have mashed well with her personality. Not really super satisfied with the Lancer class though, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    The only thing I can think of is a shield NP with dual effects based on which name of the castle is invoked. As "Joyous Gard" it'd be a shining shield that gives off an aura of good cheer, raising morale of allies and purging mental interference. Invoked as "Dolorous Gard" it'd become a cursed shield emanating an ominous aura that weakens enemies.

I'm not that familiar with the mythical incident in question though, so apologies if this isn't what you're looking for.
    It's fine. Honestly, it's not surprising that the incident in question is not well known, seeing as it happened relatively early in Lancelot's career as one of Arthur's Knights(thus we have potential for Lancelot Lily). Basically, in order to prove himself to the King, Lancelot was sent of to capture a Castle called Dolores Gard. Enroute to the castle, he encountered a maiden who, as it turned out, was actually a member of the court of Vivian, Lancelot's foster mother. The Maiden gave Lancelot a magic shield(or Multiple magic shields, depending on the specific retelling) that increased the wielder's strength. Using the shield's power, Lancelot barreled through a group of copper Knights in pursuit of Dolores Gard's ruler, who promptly chickened out and ran. Lancelot then went on to break the curse on Dolores Gard, renamed it Joyous Gard, freed all the knights that had previously come to the castle, and basically got himself a landhold in Britain.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valfodr View Post
    It's fine. Honestly, it's not surprising that the incident in question is not well known, seeing as it happened relatively early in Lancelot's career as one of Arthur's Knights(thus we have potential for Lancelot Lily). Basically, in order to prove himself to the King, Lancelot was sent of to capture a Castle called Dolores Gard. Enroute to the castle, he encountered a maiden who, as it turned out, was actually a member of the court of Vivian, Lancelot's foster mother. The Maiden gave Lancelot a magic shield(or Multiple magic shields, depending on the specific retelling) that increased the wielder's strength. Using the shield's power, Lancelot barreled through a group of copper Knights in pursuit of Dolores Gard's ruler, who promptly chickened out and ran. Lancelot then went on to break the curse on Dolores Gard, renamed it Joyous Gard, freed all the knights that had previously come to the castle, and basically got himself a landhold in Britain.
    From what you've described I can picture a charging attack with the shield that emits an aura of fear, scattering enemies. Or maybe the shield can momentarily split apart into three copies to guard from multiple angles, representing how it was sometimes said to be one shield or three. I dunno'. Not much, but that's all I can come up with...

From what you've described I can picture a charging attack with the shield that emits an aura of fear, scattering enemies. Or maybe the shield can momentarily split apart into three copies to guard from multiple angles, representing how it was sometimes said to be one shield or three. I dunno'. Not much, but that's all I can come up with...
    Honestly, in this instance, simple might be best. Maybe he just summons all the shields at once(you know, go with the version that gives him multiple strength shields) and then uses their combined power for a full out charge attack. Anti-Army, of course, but basically just turn Lancelot Lily into a human train.

Blog Entries

Caster of Earthly Delight

"I am Caster, although actually, I am just a painter. My name? T-that doesn't really matter, does it?"

Class: Caster
    Alignment: Neutral/good
    Region: Netherlands
    Height: 149cm
    Weight: 55kg
    Dislikes: fame, crowds, pretty girls
    Talent: painting
    Armaments: brush
    Natural Enemy: Leonardo Da Vinci

stats

Str: E
    End: E
    Agi: D
    Mna: A
    Lck: C
    NP: B

Skills

class skills

Territory Creation(B): Creation of a "Workshop" territory that is advantageous to himself as a magus. In Caster's case, the territory possesses the shape of a "Painter's Studio".

Item Construction(C): The Skill to manufacture magical items. However, Caster is limited to only Painting materials and blank canvases.

personal skills

Eye for Art(A): Infatuation with works of art. As an artist himself, so long as a Noble Phantasm that possesses artistic anecdotes, Caster can instantly guess its name, unless obstructed by the effects of other Skills.

Human Understanding(A): Insight into the Nature of humanity's heart. It differs from Human Observation, not by being about watching a single person but grasping the species as a whole. It grants Caster immunity to mental attacks and prevents him from being deceived by lies and illusions.

Forgotten Intentions(C): A skill representing how, by the time they got popular, the nature and inspiration behind Caster's paintings had already been lost, which lead to all sorts If interpretations for his work. Basically, so long as they are vague enough, his actions can be read as acceptable even by people of extremely different standards. This also allows him to be affected by any beneficial skills that target specific Alignments.

Noble phantasm

Last Judment
    The Garden of Earthly Delights

A Noble Phantasm that recreates the scenery depicted in Caster's most famous. It is a reality marble that manifests the entirety of humanity's nature into a place by recreating the history of creation until the last days of the world.
    It first creates the beautiful scenery of a garden in full bloom, then time inside the Reality marble starts to accelerate. The flowers in the garden wither as an entire civilization rises around it. Countless wars are fought in a span of a few seconds, leaving the civilization in flames until that too burns out and only ruins are left, who eventually crumble into dust.
    Despite the impressive show, however, this is nothing more than a painting. A psychological attack that only deals damage by overloading the targets with information and terrible visions, but that can be blocked with sufficiently high Mental protections. Furthermore, it costs an absurd amount of mana, enough to tire a first-rate magus, and as such cannot be used carelessly without some sort of special back up.

Background

Caster is Hieronymus Bosch, born Jheronimus van Aken. He was a Dutch/Netherlandish painter from Brabant. Caster is one of the most notable representatives of the Early Netherlandish painting school. His work contains fantastic illustrations of religious concepts and narratives. Within his lifetime his work was collected in the Netherlands, Austria, and Spain, and widely copied, especially his macabre and nightmarish depictions of hell.
    Little is known of Caster's life, though there are some records. He spent most of it in the town of 's-Hertogenbosch, where he was born in his grandfather's house. The roots of his forefathers are in Nijmegen and Aachen (which is visible in his surname: Van Aken). His pessimistic and fantastical style cast a wide influence on the northern art of the 16th century, with Pieter Bruegel the Elder being his best-known follower. Today he is seen as a hugely individualistic painter with deep insight into humanity's desires and deepest fears. Attribution has been especially difficult; today only about 25 paintings are confidently given to his hand along with eight drawings. About another half dozen paintings are confidently attributed to his workshop. His most acclaimed works consist of a few triptych altarpieces, including The Garden of Earthly Delights.

personality

Caster is a shy individual. He is always quiet and keeps to himself, although his sense of humor can be surprisingly dark in contrast with the rest of his innocent personality.
    He is not really interested in fame and, honestly, would have been fine if he was forgotten by history. He gets really fidgety when people recognize his name or mention one of his paintings since he considered them personal and somewhat private.
    He also doesn't deal well with pretty women, becoming a red-faced mess just by being in proximity to one. Really, it doesn't take more than a smile to get under his skin, much to his embarrassment.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Fate / White Memoria

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lyman Baum:Not bad interesting an nice charackter but why do i get reminded on MEgumin ? Maybe due that i saw some Konosuba Clips lately? two Questions first what is Chaos Magic again ?
    and have you seen my Lostbelt Nertiti ? i am curious to hear your oppinion as experienced Member ,Sunny ?

Beast of Gevauden :Not bad not bad,its Noblephantasm is good but ist skills are somewhat bland it reminds me on my Kesagake there have i used this skills \/ especially his last skill could fit Gevauden would i say. but still good idea i would say that The Beast of Gevauden is like Jack the Ripper an being od history /Folklore where their is no single possibility in ist Manifestation.Have you seen my Lostbelt servant ,ZEro im curious to hear your oppinion !

Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Class Skills:

Presence Concealment:~ (D++ in human-built terrain, B in natural environments)
    Assassin Class Skill. Hides one's presence as a Servant. Suitable for spying.
    Under normal circumstances Kesagake would obtain a C Rank in this Skill, but due to the effect of Manslayer (Man-Eater) its effects are lowered when staying in a human-created environment (magical boundaries or Reality Marbles are not counted in this). As Assassin appears as a dreadful predator who instills fear in others, his presence is instinctively felt by anyone he deems prey. But due to the effects of his Traverser Of The Unknown and Predator-Mind Skills it in the moment of an active creep up or ambush regardless of the surroundings elevates its effects to the equivalent of an A-rank in this Skill. As well, reflecting Kesagake's origin as a wild animal this Skill's general rank elevates to B in wilderness environments.

Personal Skills:

Predator-Mind: C
    Kesagake's innate mindset as a carnivore crystallized into a Skill. Gives him the mixture of the skills over which he had in life: Instinct B, Battle Continuation B, Steadfast-Guard C+, Sadistic Constitution C, and Single-Mindedness C.

Disengage: C+
    The ability to withdraw from the battlefield in the midst of combat or reset the battle conditions.
    Kesagake has many times after his assaults successfully left the scene. Even as the house he was in was surrounded by gunsmen and snipers he successfully broke through their ranks and fled back to the forest amidst hails of gunfire.

As a Skill this allows Kesagake to distort the realization of his attempted escape similar to how the town guardsmen didn't sense his escape and how he miraculously broke through a human barricade. As well to for a short time frame give his Agility a plus modifier. As an additional effect as long as Assassin is actively trying to evade projectiles he has a fifty-fifty chance at being able to evade them. As well he recovers afterwards minuscule amounts of his direct health and heals his wonds completely after the phrase: to lick his own wounds and continue.

Traverser of the Unknown: B

A Skill held by those famous for crossing arduous terrain to attack their foes in an unexpected way. In Assassin's case it reflects his invasion of Tomamae and how he assaulted several settlers successfully with partially unnoticable precision. This Skill negates degradations to Assassin's combat prowess incurred by travelling over rough or unfamiliar terrain. At least, it would normally. In Kesagake's case it negates weakening Skills or effects of human-built environments (effects of Bounded Fields are also included). But due to his Manslayer (Man-Eater) Skill this still doesn't prevent Kesagake's Presence Concealment from weakening as long as he doesn't actively have a target in mind or scout out the terrain ahead of time.

It also confers the effects of Subversive Activities D+ and Trace Distortion C.

Man-Slayer (Man-Eater): C++

Represents one's nature as a manslayer. This Skill is commonly earned by ferocious beasts or humans who through various ways cast aside their humanity and/by caused massacres. In Kesagake's case he was the most infamous man-eater of modern Japan thus earning him a borderline mythical rank in this Skill.

This Skill increases the damage Assassin inflicts on human targets or beings with human aspects, and reduces the damage he takes from human Servants and their weaponry. Also "marks" him as a dangerous and terror-inducing beast which under normal circumstances weakens the efficiency of his Presence Concealment by several times. As well it makes the recovery of magical energy through the consumption of (human) flesh more efficient and increases the rate of obtainable energy.

Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Servant Assassin:

Appearance:

Source

True Name: Yim Wing-Chun

Alignment: Neutral Good

Alternate Class: Striker

Strength- D
    Agility- A
    Endurance- E
    Mana- E
    Luck- C
    NP- B

Personality
    A lively and energetic girl. Assassin enjoys chatting with her friends, walking in flower-fields and generally having fun. But don't let her easygoing demeanour fool you. Assassin is still a serious martial artist with a firm sense of justice. She despises bullies and those who pick on the weak for their own gain.

If she witnesses an innocent being exploited, Assassin will show a much more cold and disciplined side to her personality, acting more like a "proper martial artist". While she won't kill unless absolutely necessary Assassin has no qualms beating an evildoer bloody to teach them a lesson. For most, the humiliation of getting beaten up by such a delicate-looking girl would be enough cause to reflect on their actions.

Assassin is a kindhearted girl who will always go out of her way to help people in trouble. But rather than just saving people she prefers teaching them how to help themselves. For instance if a kid was being bullied Assassin wouldn't just swoop in to beat up the bully, but instead teach the kid martial arts so he could defend himself. She follows a "give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime" philosophy which she modelled after her teacher Ng Mui. Assassin is very grateful for how she was "saved" by being taught martial arts, so she wants to pass on that favor to others.

Assassin prizes her martial arts highly. In her words, if not for martial arts she'd still just be a weak girl helplessly cursing her fate of being married to a cruel warlord. For her martial arts is "freedom" itself. Martial arts gave her the freedom to carve out her own path in life, and for that she owes it the deepest gratitude. She'd be overjoyed to meet other Servants who practice martial arts in the Grail War. Assassin would eagerly challenge them to a sparring match to compare each other's style and techniques. For a girl who idolizes martial arts like Assassin, being able to match blows with the greatest martial artists in history is truly a dream come true.

In the modern age Assassin also picks up a fondness for martial arts movies. She particularly loves the Ip-Man series for being able to see her own style of martial arts on-screen.

Likes: freedom, flower-gazing, martial arts, steamed dumplings, kung-fu flicks
    Dislikes: killing, bullies, men who don't take 'no' for an answer
    Talent: self-defense
    Natural Enemy: the tyrant who tried to wed her

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment- N/A
    The ability to cut off one's presence as a Servant. However, the level of concealment drops sharply the moment preparations to attack are made. Since Yim Wing-Chun has no aptitude as a "proper" Assassin this ability has been lost in favor of her Disarming Beauty Personal Skill.

Personal Skills:

Chinese Martial Arts (Wing-Chun)- A+++

A Chinese rationality. A value that measures one's mastery of the martial arts that made becoming one with the universe as its objective. Its learning difficulty is of the highest level and, unlike other Skills, it is at A-rank that one is at a level where one can be said to have finally "learned it". At this point, one is a true master among masters.

Assassin founded the martial arts school of Wing-Chun. A style of martial arts that emphasizes softness and flexibility over directly overpowering the enemy. A holder of this style can be likened to a shoot of bamboo; soft and easily bent, yet ready to snap back at any moment for a fierce counter-attack. In battle Assassin flows gracefully between the opponent's attacks, while retaliating with her own swift blows to throw them off-balance. Her mastery of this style is great enough that Assassin can often defeat foes many times larger and stronger than she, simply by dodging all their attacks and wearing them down with constant weak hits until they topple over.

Though it bears her name, Assassin didn't actually invent Wing-Chun. Instead it was taught to her by the wandering martial artist monk Ng Mui. Nevertheless it was Assassin who propelled the style to its greatest potential. After winning her famous duel Assassin went on to travel China and set up Wing-Chun schools across the country. To repay the kindness shown to her by teaching the peasants how to defend themselves like she had.

At least as far as the world is concerned, Assassin is truly the "mother" of Wing-Chun.

Disarming Beauty- C
    Assassin is such a beautiful and innocent girl that few could imagine her as a warrior. This Skill acts as a low-level mental charm that makes others instinctively overlook Assassin as a threat and perceive her as no more than a "defenseless girl". It even conceals her status as a Servant. This effect is dispelled once the target actually witnesses Assassin fight, any semblance of a delicate and vulnerable lady replaced by that of a ferocious warrior-woman.

Atop The Plum Blossoms- B+
    Assassin's mentor Ng Mui taught her how to train by balancing atop special wooden poles called Plum Blossom Poles. This was designed to hone her balance and legwork. As a Skill this nullifies any penalties to Assassin's Agility parameter from fighting on rough or uneven terrain. In effect she can keep her balance perfectly on practically any sort of terrain. On shifting sands, slippery ice or crumbling cliffs she won't falter. At this rank, Assassin is even immune to mind-interfering effects that would throw off her internal sense of balance.

Defender Of Chastity- B

Assassin developed her unique style of martial arts to defend herself from a cruel local warlord who tried to claim her as his bride. As such Assassin gains + modifiers to her physical stats while facing men, and even more so against opponents who harbor lustful intentions towards her.

Noble Phantasm
    Wing Chun Shijie
    All Are Equal Under The Spring Sky

Type: Anti-Strength/Reality Marble

The purpose of Wing Chun was to make physical strength irrelevant. By turning the attacker's own power against them, even the weakest peasant could defend themselves against the mightiest warlord. Through teaching martial arts Assassin strove to create a world where everyone was equal, and the weak didn't have to cower in fear of the strong. It is this dream for a perfect world that has been manifested into Assassin's Noble Phantasm.

Upon invocation, both Assassin and her opponent are pulled into a Reality Marble consisting of an endless field of pale yellow flowers under a cloudless azure sky. The landscape appears to be in a state of perpetual spring, reflecting the literal meaning of Assassin's martial art (Wing Chun = Eternal Spring). Here, all differences in physical stats between Assassin and her opponent are forcefully equalized, rendering the battle a true test of skill.

So seeing world-0's Yim Wing-Chun sheet finally inspired me to finish writing my own take on her. My intention wasn't to "one-up" him or anything, I just wanted to write up an idea that had been bouncing around my head for a while. As usual comments and critiques would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by RoydGolden; March 29th, 2022 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Reworded personality a bit

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Now must i ask has some one here an Picture of an middle aged doctor or atleast Scholar Looking Man for me ?preferably with an friendly expression ,and with clothes with Greek or Mediterranean touch if possible ?
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; April 8th, 2020 at 06:10 PM.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Royd's Yim Wing Chun: I love the "Atop the Plum Blossoms" skill, honestly I wish I had known of that part of her legend. Not really feeling the NP though, as it doesn't feel all that related to her Martial arts and actually feels kind of Stretchy.

Fate / White Memoria

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, how in the world would an NP that is literally Ockham's Razor weaponized work? I was working on something and then Ockham's Razor just randomly popped into my head, followed by "y'know, that seems like it could make for a pretty cool Noble Phantasm". But I literally have no idea how it could work as an NP beyond the vague "degradation of Mystery" or something like that.
    Last edited by Lambda-Nu; April 8th, 2020 at 09:01 PM.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    Royd's Yim Wing Chun: I love the "Atop the Plum Blossoms" skill, honestly I wish I had known of that part of her legend. Not really feeling the NP though, as it doesn't feel all that related to her Martial arts and actually feels kind of Stretchy.
    That's fair enough. I had trouble coming up with a fitting NP for her after all.

Maybe some kind of bullshit martial arts technique a la Shuwen's No Second Strike would've been more fitting, but I couldn't come up with anything cool enough. So instead I decided to go with something more conceptual that reflected not just her martial arts but the ideal she strove to reach through them; of a world where everybody could defend themselves whether strong or weak. I admit it's a bit of a stretch though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lambda-Nu View Post
    So, how in the world would an NP that is literally Ockham's Razor weaponized work? I was working on something and then Ockham's Razor just randomly popped into my head, followed by "y'know, that seems like it could make for a pretty cool Noble Phantasm". But I literally have no idea how it could work as an NP beyond the vague "degradation of Mystery" or something like that.
    For my own William of Ockham sheet I had the Razor as an NP that shows the wielder "the simplest solution" to any task, basically a form of Revelation. So in a swordfight it'd automatically seek out the simplest path to cutting the enemy, like finding a single chink in otherwise impregnable armor. Weakness (since that'd be otherwise a really hax NP) is that it can only be used for a few seconds at a time before heavily taxing William's Mana.

So, people who've made a Castor & Pollux sheet before, what do you all think of the Dioscuri in FGO now that their info has been released? I can say that I wasn't expecting them the go the way they did. I mean, a Saber/Avenger dual classer? I would have expected Rider/Assassin from those two, but oh well.

Blog Entries
    So, people who've made a Castor & Pollux sheet before, what do you all think of the Dioscuri in FGO now that their info has been released? I can say that I wasn't expecting them the go the way they did. I mean, a Saber/Avenger dual classer? I would have expected Rider/Assassin from those two, but oh well.
    Having Castor be an Avenger from cursing his loss of divinity was an unusual choice (I wonder if there's any basis in TM's take that both siblings were gods in the older legends, or if it's just something Nasu made up), but the pair seem pretty interesting from what I've seen. Though I'm not sure why Pollux is the one wielding a sword when s/he was the fistfighter of the two in the myths.

Having Castor be an Avenger from cursing his loss of divinity was an unusual choice (I wonder if there's any basis in TM's take that both siblings were gods in the older legends, or if it's just something Nasu made up), but the pair seem pretty interesting from what I've seen. Though I'm not sure why Pollux is the one wielding a sword when s/he was the fistfighter of the two in the myths.
    I know. The reason I would think they'd be a Rider/Assassin hybrid is because Castor was a horseman(maybe a robo-horse because Greek Lostbelt?) and punching people to death via Pygmachia(Greek boxing) is a pretty questionable way to kill people(although Berserker might be a reasonable expectation since people not in the know might've seen Pollux as a psycho for going into battle with nothing but her bare hands).

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Some weird character choices and I don't like that they mashed two classes together.
    A&M did it better in all aspects but presentation in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Some weird character choices and I don't like that they mashed two classes together.
    A&M did it better in all aspects but presentation in-game.
    To be fair, the idea that one servant can be multiple classes is hardly new. A&M is one example, another is Jekyll & Hyde. The only weird thing about them for me is their weapons (Pollux using a sword and Castor using what appears to be a telepathically-controlled shuriken) and their classes (Saber and Avenger, where they should be Rider and either Assassin or Berserker).

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    To be fair, the idea that one servant can be multiple classes is hardly new. A&M is one example, another is Jekyll & Hyde.
    A&M aren't two classes at the same time, they just also qualify for another one like 99% of the Servants. Hyde is a class change, still very different. A better example would be Alcides, who I hate.
    This is the next step in FGO's continued dilution of Class Skills that took away from the uniqueness of each Class: diluting Classes themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    A&M aren't two classes at the same time, they just also qualify for another one like 99% of the Servants. Hyde is a class change, still very different. A better example would be Alcides, who I hate.
    This is the next step in FGO's continued dilution of Class Skills that took away from the uniqueness of each Class: diluting Classes themselves.
    Oh, I almost forgot Semiramis, who is a dual class of Assassin and Caster in Fate/Apocrypha. The problem is that there is a very real limitation for the dual-class skill that FGO seems to have ignored, namely that a dual classing Servant cannot pull from the Knight classes and they cannot be an Avenger. Dioscuri breaks both of these limitations, which I will admit does bother me. However, one of Dioscuri's personal skills, Twin Gods' Divine Essence, is likely the culprit for their strange situation. Unfortunately, I can't be too sure due to the fact that I cannot find any info on Dioscuri's personal skills.
    Last edited by Valfodr; April 9th, 2020 at 08:45 PM.