Page 462 of 621 FirstFirst ... 362412452457460461462463464467472512562 ... LastLast
Results 9,221 to 9,240 of 12410

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Edgy Perseus is edgy. Nice work. I especially like that third NP, on top of your overall interpretation of his angsty phase.

Also all these good sheets lately makes me want to finish my ongoing WIP, but this blog-editing bug from a few days ago is really putting a damper in my plans. I sure hope it's resolved quickly, lest I have to take the more tedious path in formatting.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Hey krimson, you should come join us in the womb thread to discuss how to update your servant sheets.

Blog Entries
    nice perseus sheet. and good application of concept of using different classes for different times in their life. the third NP is a bit eh for me tho.

And only now I noticed that BnEl turned a year older. Belated happy birthday, whenever it was.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TQG Imaginatorious's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by massive_jojo_reference View Post
    Damn, a year. I usually finish a sheet two or three days after the idea pops into my mind. Granted mine are of a usually lower quality and i tend to focus on a singular theme around a sheet.
    Wait sheets are supposed to have a theme?

Quote Originally Posted by TQG Imaginatorious View Post
    Wait sheets are supposed to have a theme?
    Well yes, more as in what traits and legends of the servant do I want to focus upon

Servants were originally meant to be just a piece of the servant and different classes can bring some real wild shit to the front

And then you have Astolfo who is just Astolfo Bunny who still carries as much as noble phantasms as his Rider self but now has a fate-warping unescapable anti-divine sword because of course

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    And only now I noticed that BnEl turned a year older. Belated happy birthday, whenever it was.
    Yo, thanks! I wanted to check the birthday thread on the day to see if anyone had any wishes for me, but I couldn't find the thread for some reason back then.

Anyway, themes, yeah. I think it helps with characterization to find it, especially if you're working on a larger-than-life character with numerous legends and different aspects to work with (case in point, Perseus). Even if that's not the case, just having a main "theme" around a Servant could also help you with the rest of the sheet (Skills, NPs, lines, etc).

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TQG Imaginatorious's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoktaiMoon View Post
    Well yes, more as in what traits and legends of the servant do I want to focus upon

Servants were originally meant to be just a piece of the servant and different classes can bring some real wild shit to the front

And then you have Astolfo who is just Astolfo Bunny who still carries as much as noble phantasms as his Rider self but now has a fate-warping unescapable anti-divine sword because of course
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Anyway, themes, yeah. I think it helps with characterization to find it, especially if you're working on a larger-than-life character with numerous legends and different aspects to work with (case in point, Perseus). Even if that's not the case, just having a main "theme" around a Servant could also help you with the rest of the sheet (Skills, NPs, lines, etc).
    Oh thaaaaaaaat.... I thought I have to go back to rework all of my sheets for a second.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar
    "Michael."

"Azazel."

"I see you have picked our merry little travelers."

"Oh yes, thanks for the heads up, by the way. I had a very fun time waiting out thousands of years."

"Hmph, I don't recall informing you it would be anytime soon. But I digress, they are here. And now, we can truly get to business. Travelers, I am Azazel, leader of the Watchers and supplier of the Judges."

True Name: Azazel (Lostbelt)
    Class: Caster
    Alt. Class: Berserker
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Source: Biblical Mythology
    Region: Israel (Lostbelt)

Parameters:
    Strength: D
    Endurance: C
    Agility: C+
    Mana: A
    Luck: B+

Class Skills:

Territory Creation A+
    A Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana. Caster doesn't create a territory in the usual definition but instead manages an area that can only be described as a veritable wasteland where mythical materials can be found but is otherwise inhospitable for life.

"I see your soul sucking factories are working as intended."

"Oh, come off it. I had someone install dorms and R&R rooms ages ago."

Item Construction A
    A Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to manufacture magical items, from implements of war to items for daily use. Also, this Skill requires time to gather components and manufacture items. Caster was the one to introduce the creation of various weapons and ornaments, including knives, swords, shields, and cosmetics, to the humans she interacted with before the Earth found itself bound to Heaven.

"...Those weapons look…unfamiliar. Did you…?!"

"I did not. Besides, even if I took the risk, I am not under your jurisdiction anymore."

Personal Skills:

Remnant of Heaven D
    A skill gifted to the heavenly beings that survived the calamitous binding of Heaven and Earth. Caster cannot be said to be a heavenly being as she has not resided there for such a long time, given her former occupation as a Watcher. In actuality, the rank she receives is higher than expected.

"Do remember that this relationship was built on necessity rather than camaraderie. I have not forgotten the past."

"I…remember."

Celestial Mass Production C+
    The Skill to mass produce items though tailored and refined to dealing with items that hold an inherent divinity in them. While the process of manufacturing is moderately fast when automated, it becomes faster when a hands-on approach is used.

"So…looks like your manufacturing is going well."

"I mean, it would be better if someone wasn't so stingy about who touches her sword."

"I'm not letting you touch my sword."

"Hmph, prude."

Scapegoat EX
    The accumulation of cunning techniques designed to escape the battlefield in one piece. Due to the nature of her existence, Caster is inexplicably tied to the concept of a scapegoat, even if it doesn't have the same definition here, allowing it to have an unquantifiable rank.

"Scapegoat."

"Now that's just going for a low hanging fruit."

Noble Phantasms

"Pft, It fits. Hey, what happened to the goat with the weird name?"

"I'll have you know that Yom Yom is a fantastic name! Besides, he's not around anymore. He…hasn't been around for a long time now…"

For Azazel: False Absolvation Of All Our Sins
    Type: Anti-Ruin

Caster's first noble phantasm. Named in inspiration of the Day of Atonement, the holiest day of the year in Judaism. Caster manifests a goat-like beast out of her magical energy, one wanders the area as a semi-independent aspect of Caster herself. For the most part, it simply acts as an observer to events that carry large amounts of violence, sin, or any negativity.

However, once killed in any sort of way, it reveals its true nature and purpose. The goat is a memetic entity that attaches itself to one's memories, and once killed, any recollection of any events that was recorded is suppressed by heavy mental interference. However, the memories are merely suppressed, not destroyed, so they can eventually be regained with effort. However, doing so will cause the goat to revive and, therefore, reveal all other memories of sin that were suppressed.

"Ah, my condolences then."

"Let's discuss the subject beforehand. Demand for better weapon options is rising and I need something to better support the Judges."

"Odd, I recall that the weapons knowledge you provided for humanity was effective, too effective really. What changed?"

"Humanity did."

Grigori Broker: Taste Of Forbidden Knowledge That Propagates Sin
    Type: Anti-Humanity

Caster's second noble phantasm. The eternal secrets hidden from humanity within Heaven by God. The very knowledge that Caster and her cohorts spread throughout humanity in their rebellion against God. Schematics for weapons that can sunder the sunder the earth, instructions for disguises that can fool clairvoyants, this and others, Caster will provide. This knowledge is a weapon, a weapon only for those belonging to Humanity to learn. The allowance of true imitation of the Divine, one could say.

Knowledge for them to ascend themselves, knowledge for them to destroy themselves. A knowledge that forced His hand into wiping the slate clean and starting anew. Either way, Caster will be looking on from the sidelines.

Personality

Caster favors herself as being an observer, as was her profession during her time as a Watcher for God. Contradictingly, she also has a natural preference for a hands-on approach to things, one likely tempered by her time rebelling against God along with her past.

Caster views humans with love. Love for their vices and virtues, for how they ascend to new heights or live their final moments in squalor. She can easily say that she finds humans to be more favorable companions than angels. There aren't many explanations for how Azazel gained such an interest in humanity. One would simply see as a remnant of her nature as an angel of God. Even so, she'd keep it to herself.

Her lostbelt counterpart retains such a nature, wistfully gazing back to those bygone times. She watches patiently as Nephilim, beings of angelic descent, struggle with the rigors of bearing human rationality, their fears and hopes. She held no obligation to help, only to watch as instructed but then again, God is not here to punish her if she decides to.

Creator's Note: Okay so this is both a revision and lostbelt sheet. Decided to make Azazel less lackluster and make her relevant.
    Last edited by Vance; August 18th, 2022 at 12:32 PM.

Please be very patient with me, for I know no better Cing Krimson Requiem's Avatar
    Anyway, I can't just be reposting old sheets so time to start working on something fresh!

"HALT. BY THE ORDER OF THE GREAT GOD ZEUS, CEASE CONFLICT AND RETREAT TO THE NEAREST GARRISON FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTION IMMEDIATELY."

"Phew! Okay, I think that fooled them. See Zeus? Even after so long, not even Olympian citizens can tell the difference between our Klironomia and theirs!"

Bearer of the Last Legacy
    Ganymede
    Class: Ruler
    Alternate Classes: None
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Source: Greek Mythology
    Region: Troy
    Attribute: Heaven

Parameters
    Strength: E (B+++)
    Endurance: E (A+)
    Agility: D (B+++)
    Mana: C (A+++)
    Luck: A (D-)

"Huh? Oh, the bracketed parameters are what I have when I'm wearing this armor. I don't normally have such ridiculously high stats of course! They did call me the 'most beautiful of all mortals' up on Olympus you know. Here, let me show you! I- hmm- come on- erk, just a sec! Zeus? Lord Zeus, I-I think the armor might be- no, yes, I tried that. A button on my-? Let me- n-no, that's not working either! I... I..."

"GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! I'M STUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Background
    Ganymede, son of Tros, the first king of Troy. Proud founder of the tradition of Trojan princes wandering off from the kingdom to become shepherds, leading them to be assaulted by gods.
    "HEY! I wasn't assaulted, Lord Zeus just gave me the job opportunity of a lifetime! Sure, there was a lot of kicking and screaming on my part, but, um... w-well, I'm just afraid of heights! Yeah, that's it! I'm afraid of heights and the scary metal eagle was flying super-fast!"
    Bzzzt-click! "Playing video recording."
    "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUGH! MOMMYYYYYYYYY! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!"
    "End video playback." Vwrrrrrr
    "Urk. You were recording that?"
    "Squawk Squawk."
    ...Quite. Anyway, noticed for his incredible beauty and his deep connection to emotion, Zeus, with the support of the other Olympian gods, sent a divine eagle to snatch up Ganymede from his pasture, whisking him away to Olympus in order to bestow upon him a sacred duty: A duty that could not be entrusted to any other mortal being.

Placed into Ganymede's hands was the last legacy of the Olympian gods. A vessel containing the final remnants of true Olympian Klironomia.

It was a sacred duty for which Ganymede was specially selected. Humans were the true rulers of this world after all, and in Panhuman history, the gods had finally come to terms with that. While the Klironomia made him eternal, he was not made a god. This was a duty that only a human could be allowed to undertake. Carry the legacy, shelter it as your own, and assure that the last fragment of Olympus does not die out.

Although in this sense he was meant to be a servant to the gods, they did not treat him any less for it. As the ages passed, he grew close to them, truly understanding the divine beings who would normally be so detached from a human's mindset. They were his family, his friends, and his responsibility.

With such a weight on his shoulders, the passage of time was all that was needed to forge a ditzy, airheaded young prince into a fine man, worthy of standing shoulder-to-shoulder with the greatest of heroes even if he had never seen true combat.

SO WHERE THE HELL IS THAT RESPONSIBLE HEROIC MAN NOW?!

CRASH

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH! ATHENA, APHRODITE, ZEUS, ANYONE! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!"

Well. There goes the docking bay. Go call Sion, will you? And bring a couple of fire extinguishers.

Skills
    Class Skills
    Magic Resistance: EX
    Immune to magecraft, no matter what high-thaumaturgy it is. It only protects him though, so don't rely on him when a huge area attack is incoming! Or just in general really. However, as this Magic Resistance is the protection of the gods, magecraft that is divine in nature can bypass that immunity.

Great God's Command: B
    Thanks to the divine authority imparted to him, Ganymede can issue commands enforced by a power equal to command seals to other Servants. This is different from the skill that saintly rulers normally have, granting access to Ganymede even outside of a Holy Grail War. Though he only has the authority to force a Servant to obey his command once, he can issue a command to as many Servants as he likes, provided he takes a break after issuing three commands in quick succession.

True Name Intuition: A
    Ganymede was not just beloved by Zeus, but by all of Olympus as well. They have all pitched in a piece of their power to Servant Ruler.
    Different from the True Name Discernment skill, allowing Ganymede to not only see a Servant's true name, but also alert him when a Servant is deliberately providing him with false information, or trying to obscure facts. Courtesy of Athena, the airheaded himbo prince is going to need all the help he can get.
    "HEY!"

Personal Skills
    Rosy-Cheeked Youth: A+ N/A
    Once, Ganymede was known as the most beautiful mortal to ever exist, charming the entirety of Olympus with his looks before he even met them.
    CRASH
    "GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"
    ...Of course that was then, this is now. Until he finds a way to get that helmet off, this skill is functionally useless.

Affection of the Gods: EX
    As the one chosen by the gods to be their cupholder and legacy, their is none who all the collective gods of Olympus lavish with more blessings than Ganymede. He even seems to still have a direct link to Zeus, wherever the Divine Spirit is, speaking to him for advice on the best course of action or how to best use a gift from a god. Offers a myriad of effects and grants Ganymede an advantage when speaking to Divine Spirits. The difference between his eloquent manner of speech when speaking to a god versus the stuttering squeaking that comes from his mouth talking to anyone else is as clear as night and day.
    "So Lord Zeus, I noticed that Lord Ares gave me this unique mana burst power, any advice on how to-"
    KRAK-THOOM
    "Uh-oh."

Supreme Mystic Code Aetos Aquila: B++
    "Squawk."
    While once a legendary phantasmal beast born of the union of Typhon and Echidna, the Eagle of Caucasus was slain by Heracles in order to free Prometheus of his torment. To apologize for the incident, Heracles flung the monster's corpse to Olympus, so that his father may make use of the body rather than the hero add more tools to his ever-expanding arsenal. Through the combined ingenuity of Athena and Hephaestus, the Eagle's body was infused with some remaining Olympian technology and reborn anew- just in time for its first assignment of abducting the young prince Ganymede from his pasture.
    "Begin Video Playback."
    "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUGH! MOMMYYYYYYYYY! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!"
    "End Video Playback."

"Rrrrgh! Stop it! Stop playing that video!"
    "Squawk."
    Will those two ever shut up? Ahem, I mean, thanks to its close bond with Ganymede and the technology it was forged with, Aquila is capable of integrating itself into Ganymede's nano-armor, hence the eagle motif. It can separate itself from the armor if it wishes to function as an independent scout or combatant, but apparently, that doesn't fix the armor issue at hand.

Stars of the Chief God: C+
    Representing how Ganymede was immortalized for his duty as the constellation Aquarius, and his companion as the constellation Aquila.
    Is that it? What does this skill even do?

Noble Phantasm
    Legacy of the Star-Sailing Voyagers
    Aquarius Klironomia

Type: Anti-unit, (Self) Anti-army

"Okay, enough fooling around! Face my power, for I am the last legacy of Olympus! Go, Aquarius Klironomia!!!"

Alternatively, "
    Great God's Grail
    Deus Poculum
    ".
    It was the divine chalice entrusted to Ganymede. Said to be filled with divine nectar and ambrosia, it was filled with the very essence of the Olympian gods themselves. One sip of this divine liquid would transform a mortal man into a divine spirit.

The truth is not all that far from fiction. It was a holy vessel containing the last vestiges of Klironomia, the legacy of who the Olympians were before that fateful day 12,000 years ago. It was from this chalice that Heracles and Dionysus drank to earn their place amongst the gods, and its final remnant was entrusted to Ganymede.

But as a Servant, he is not merely the holder of the chalice. He is the chalice, the container holding the purest essence of Olympian divinity in the world. Seeping from his body are the nanomachines holding the power of all of Olympus itself, molding around him to form armor of the highest grade. With it, even a physically weak Servant like Ganymede gains the ability to stand among the greatest of Heroic Spirits.

Though Ganymede lacks the Divinity skill himself, while covered in this armor he has it at the same rank as this noble phantasm.

Lore
    Personality
    ...Do you really need an explanation for that? Ugh, fine. Ganymede is a frightful, airheaded, spoiled, clumsy little child. Happy?
    Alright, alright! There's a reason why that is. While it was true that the Olympians were smitten with Ganymede's looks, beauty alone does not a good legacy keeper make. Ganymede was chosen for his ability to express emotion- the purest emotions that any human in the world could show. He was the very representation of the human psyche, represented by his name meaning "Taking Pleasure in the Soul", which the Olympians certainly did with him.
    As such, he wears his pure heart on his sleeve. If he ever feels fear, sorrow, excitement, embarrassment, or any of the other myriad feelings of the human emotional spectrum, he will always show it.

Aprils Fools
    An ACME-type Servant.
    He boasts about having the greatest armor out of all Heroic Spirits, but sometimes it seems like he rented his gear from a certain Coyote that shall not be named.
    He should call his sugar-daddy for an upgrade at this point.

Dislikes
    Surprise hugs

Natural Enemy
    Wealthy older men

Dialogue

Summoning
    "Yes! It worked! Phew, good thing this 'Heroic Spirit' business paid off. It would've really made my plan pointless otherwise! Servant Ruler, Ganymede, reporting for duty!"

Dioscuri
    "Oh, if it isn't the horse-racing twins! Nice to see ya!"

Heracles
    "Ehh, Aquila doesn't seem to like you very much... So you must be pretty cool then!"

Zeus
    "Eh, Lord Zeus?! But if you're right here, then... who am I speaking to?!"

Typhon
    "AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEE!"

Athena & Ares (Adele & Macarios)
    "S-such power! Is this what you were like in your heyday, lord and lady?!"

Paris
    "?!?!"
    "!?!?"

The Essence of our Bonds
    The Choice to see Eternity
    "I was well and truly immortal. But they didn't make me a god, though. That would've defeated the purpose of entrusting me with their legacy! I would continue to live as an eternally youthful and beautiful human, while the gods around me would slowly fade and leave the world. But over those millennia I knew them... I had grown to love those gods. They may have had inhuman mindsets that made them incompatible with mankind as a whole, but to me... they were family."

"So it really hurt, seeing them leave one by one. First one, then two, then three and four and a dozen. Eventually, I was alone. Just a hermit living on top of the very normal Mt. Olympus."

"It got me questioning whether this method was truly the way to eternally preserve the god's legacy. After all, maybe eventually the common sense of man would strip my eternal youth as well, or dry up the Klironomia. I needed a surefire way to live on forever with the legacy I was entrusted with."

"Then, I came to hear stories. Stories of my own contemporaries, stories of great figures and mighty monsters who were immortalized by the gods in the stars. How the stars would never grow dim so long as humanity kept reaching for them. I was in the stars too. Right there, Aquarius the Water-Bearer."

"So I took the chance. I terminated my immortality and prayed to the last vestiges of the gods that I carried that I would live on as a star, eternally being reached for by mankind."

"It worked. I'm here now. Master... thank you for keeping that torch alight."

Nani?!
    "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGH! GET OFF YOU STUPID-!"

*POP*

"I-I did it! Master, I finally got the helmet off!"

"..."

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

Final Notes
    Okay! So, this should have gone up yesterday morning but internet in like, half of Canada went down so I finished it just now.

I don't make comedic Servants (Or attempted comedic) very often, so this one may be a bit hit-or-miss.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Holy shit. Airhead bimbo Ganymede is something I didn’t know I needed until now.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Perseus: A nice take honestly, although the edge is real. Nice choice with keeping that phantasm, and the discus was a really good touch that fits the class

Azazel: Personally, I'm just happy to see she doesn't just have a warmonger personality like some interpretations in media choose to go with. Across the sheet, you keep a really good theme, and the byplay between her and Michael is a fun addition to read. Overall, another really nice sheet for the lostbelt. I will just note that both NP's start with being her first NP.

Ganymede: HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I! CAN'T! STOP! LAUGHING! It is just so amazingly weird that it loops right back to working perfectly in my opinion. I'm guessing part of the writing is to show how he would have played a role in Lostbelt 5?
    Last edited by Legendary Hero of the Chain; July 9th, 2022 at 11:58 PM.

I can't believe it's not Rider! DesReploid's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    《 ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ 》

The king's poet was his captain of horse in the wars.
    He rode over the ridge; his force
    sat hidden behind, as the king's mind had bidden.
    The plain below held the Dragon in the centre,
    Lancelot on the left, on the right Gawaine,
    Bors in the rear commanding the small reserve:
    the sea's indiscriminate host roared at the City's wall.
    As with his household few Taliessin rode over the ridge
    the trumpets blew, the lines engaged.

The tor of Badon heard the analytical word;
    the grand art mastered the thudding hammer of Thor,
    and the heart of our lord Taliessin determined the war.

The lord Taliessin kneeled to the king;
    and candles of new Camelot shone through the fought field.

《 ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ 》

S A B E R
    Of Resistance

《- Ambrose Aurelian -》

First Ascencion

"Greetings, Master, my name is Ambrose Aurelian, I am a Servant of the Saber class. Former High King of Britain and leader of the British resistance against the Anglo-Saxon invaders. It seems in this form I bear some legendary blade. I have no real knowledge of it, but as I serve you so does this legendary artefact."
    Second Ascencion

"It seems I later served as the inspiration for one Arthur Pendragon, apparently a well known figure of stories and myths as I understand. That would explain why I feel so much more powerful than before. I was really just a man with some tactical knowledge and fighting spirit, something my people lacked when we were pushed all the way to the west of our country."
    Third Ascencion

"I felt some amount of pity for the invading Anglo-Saxons. They were running away from someone else, from a man called Attila the Hun when they came to us, at least to some degree. But, then the occupying Romans all seemed to suddenly disappear and the Angles and Saxons fell back into their looting habits and started ransacking our towns and villages."
    Final Ascencion

"During one of those raids my mother and father were killed, that’s when the pity suddenly disappeared. Our folk had long lost that old warrior’s spirit we were once so very proud of, but I was determined to fight back against the Angles and Saxons - to get my revenge, that I grabbed any able bodied person along with all armour and weapons still with us, stables worth of horses and the basics of Roman battle tactics I had learnt and set out to beat back the Angles and Saxons."

Class Saber
    True Name Ambrose Aurelian
    Alias Emrys Wledig, Ambrosius Aurelianus, High King of Britain, K̴̯͆í̶̠ń̶̬ǵ̴͍ ̴̝́A̵͎̓r̶̳͝t̷̪̽h̷̫͆u̶̪͘r̸̨̓,̵̥̽ ̵̻̉M̴̟̈́e̴̫͑ṟ̴̇ĺ̶͉î̴͕ń̶̪,̴̲̎ ̴̜͘Ą̵̈́r̷̭͝ṱ̴͛o̶̳͛r̷̙̽i̴̢̛a̴͉͌ ̴̧̀P̷͚͘ë̸̗́ṇ̸͑d̵̢̄r̴̙͊à̷͚g̸͙̾o̸͎̚n̴͚̍
    Alternate Classes Assassin, Rider, Caster, Gatekeeper
    Origin Britain
    Alignment Neutral Good
    Armaments Sword and Shield
    Catalyst Rocks from the fortress occupied during the Battle of Badon
    Attribute Human
    Height/Weight 182 cm / 6'0"
    86 kg / 189 lbs

STR END AGI
    B C C
    MAN LCK NP
    D B C

《 ~~ ★ ~~ Class Skills ~~ ★ ~~ 》《 ~~ ★ ~~ Class Skills ~~ ★ ~~ 》
    Magic Resistance D
    A defining skill of the Saber class. Though Saber had little to do with magic in his life, some of his later connections with both King Arthur, who held an impressively high magic resistance due to her dragon blood, seems to have bled over onto Saber and has granted him this skill. Without this intrinsic connection, he may not have had this skill.

"I know very little of magic. I know that the celtic druids to the west were well versed in magecraft and, though I’m not sure, our neighbours to the east had a few runic magecrafts of their own. I had no contact with them to speak of, but knowing this skill to be in me is reassuring to some degree."
    Riding C
    A skill showing a Servant’s ability to control their mounts, allowing them to ride nearly anything alive or not. Saber was able to gain a relatively high Rank in the Riding skill due to most of his most well-known feats stemming from the smart use of cavalry and knowledge of mounted combat. However, whether he actually participated in his forces’ cavalry charges is unknown, causing this skill to slightly lessen in its Rank. Were it certain that he did it would most likely be closer to Rank B or A.

"Riding was one of my favourite leisure activities in life. That it comes with the side-effect of building skill for something like a cavalry charge was honestly more a coincidence than anything. I’d like to think that everything happens for a reason though, so I suppose it just prepared me for what was to come."
    Presence Concealment D
    A skill typically reserved for Servants of the Assassin class, granted to Saber for his ability to set ambushes and traps for his opponent’s. One of his greatest achievements, the victory at the Battle of Badon was largely made possible by his ability to hide himself and his troops along the hills that his enemies were marching through and catching them off guard. However, through his summoning into the Saber class the rank of this skill has been greatly diminished. Were he to be summoned in the Assassin class, it would likely have a Rank of A due to him being able to conceal an entire army.

"Some would say that such tactics are without honour or betray the code of chivalry. Perhaps they do, but in truth, I could not have cared less about such a code at the time I did it. The Angles and Saxons were powerful warriors and ruthless to boot. They would not be chivalrous or honourable to us, so I saw no reason to offer them such niceties in turn. They had hurt many of my people, victory was to be had at all costs."

《 ~~ ★ ~~ Personal Skills ~~ ★ ~~ 》《 ~~ ★ ~~ Personal Skills ~~ ★ ~~ 》
    Charisma A---
    A skill denoting a Servant’s ability to lead a group of people. Saber was briefly the leader of a large part of Briton fighters. He suddenly emerged as a leader after the Britons had been pushed back into west Britain, now Wales, by the Saxons and Angles, and led them into beating back the Germanic people to the east and south coast by defeating them at the Battle of Mount Badon.

However, shortly after the Battle of Mount Badon, Saber disappeared, leaving the Britons once again leaderless and causing them to be pushed back into the west of Britain. Because of this, from the moment Saber is summoned, his Charisma skill will begin to slowly deteriorate until it reaches Rank E.

"If I am to be honest, even I cannot remember what happened to me. Perhaps I was slain in battle? Maybe I just disappeared one day? Whether because nobody recorded it, or because of my later associations, it would seem that the memory of the latter parts of my life is very muddled. Regardless of whether or not I can remember it, it is shameful all the same."
    Disengage (False) B
    Normally a skill that would denote a Servant’s ability to disengage from a fight and recover. However, in Saber’s case the use of this skill has been greatly altered. Though it does allow him to recover slightly when retreating, comparable to the effects of the normal Disengage skill at Rank E, its main purpose is to trick the enemy into believing that Saber is retreating, which will greatly lower their defensive parameters, allowing for a swift counterattack. Though an enemy capable of blocking mental interference may not fall for this skill.

When Saber was fighting the Angles and Saxons at Mount Badon, he tricked them into believing that he and his forces were retreating, getting them to follow him. Saber and his forces got to a fortress on a hill and once the Angles and Saxons began charging uphill at them, he sent out his cavalry to pick them apart until barely any of them were left and they finally ran away.

"I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that my plan had gone off without a hitch. At the fort, my men could briefly gather their strength, the badly injured could dismount and tend their wounds, while the rest of the healthy men drove apart what was left of the enemy. When the dust settled, there was so much weight lifted from my heart. Everything had worked and we were still standing. What a relief."
    Tactics C
    Denotes a Servant’s knowledge of battle tactics in non-one-on-one environments. Saber is very well versed in Roman war tactics in particular, though he had to modify them slightly to better fit the equipment he and his troops had available to them, he was still very successful in defeating the Angles and Saxons. He even managed to trick their warriors into believing he and his warriors were retreating, causing the Angle and Saxon casualties to be even higher.

"The Angles and the Saxons had no cavalry, nor had they many weapons effective against mounted combatants, so I knew that they would have difficulties defending against a cavalry charge. But even then, knowing their weaknesses, my heart was still pounding heavy in my ears when we were lying in wait. It was nerve wracking. I had taken all the people that could fight with me. Had we lost, all of our families and friends were defenceless. I was just glad it all worked out in the end."
    Potential Shining Path B
    A peculiar skill granted to Saber due to him being an inspiration for the tales about the King of Knights. Functionally it could be compared with a skill like Clairvoyance or Instinct, however, in Saber’s case in particular, the skill is not permanently active but rather comes to Saber in brief flashes that show him possible courses of action and resulting outcomes. The rate at which these flashes come is somewhat random, though they can only happen in combat or, very rarely, when planning for combat and increase in frequency or length depending on how weakened Saber is already.

"I originally had a dream in which I laid the ambush for the Angles and Saxons on a particular day. I thought it was a bit silly, but still, for some reason felt compelled to attack them, just as the dream had shown me. I can’t say for certain, but maybe, just maybe this ability is what caused it? Knowing I have this ability at least reassures me somewhat."

《 ~~ ★ ~~ Noble Phantasm ~~ ★ ~~ 》《 ~~ ★ ~~ Noble Phantasm ~~ ★ ~~ 》
    Crest the Hills of Mount Badon
    Dinas Emrys

Fortress | D

Dinas Emrys is a fortress once occupied by Vortigern, who was hiding away from the Angles and Saxons as well as Saber himself. However, after the death of Vortigern it was gifted to Saber.

Although the exact fortress used by Saber to fight the Angles and Saxons during the Battle of Mount Badon is unknown, as the location of the battle itself is not known that fortress used during the Battle of Mount Badon and Dinas Emrys, the fortress gifted to Saber after Vortigern’s death were both unified in this Noble Phantasm.

Dinas Emrys creates a copy of the fortress used by Saber during the Battle of Badon. The fortress itself is surrounded by a magical bounded field that slows the speed of any enemy who approaches it, as though they were forced to charge uphill at it, and lightly lowers their defensive parameters.

The fortress is also capable of replicating the decisive cavalry charge that finally beat back the Angles and Saxons. On Saber’s command, the doors to the fortress swing open and unleashes numerous phantoms equipped with spears and chain mail to charge at any enemy who is within the bounded field of Dinas Emrys, though the riders are not able to leave the bounded field, if they were to leave it they would disappear almost instantaneously.

"I hope, Master, that the walls of this fortress are as comforting to you as they once were to me and my soldiers. I will gladly accompany you on any mission even if only to provide you with a mobile base of operations in my fortress. It shall be your safe haven, as it once was mine."
    O' Gleaming sword of the Knight King
    O' Beaming sword of Promised Victory
    O' red dragon Albion spread thy wings
    O' living king, write the greatest tale in history

Shine! Caledfwlch!

Sword of Prospective Victory
    Caledfwlch

Anti-Unit | C

A version of the legendary sword Excalibur that would later go on to be wielded by King Arthur. It manifested as Saber’s Noble Phantasm as he is often considered to be one of the main inspirations for King Arthur and his feats at the Battle of Mount Badon. Though Saber almost certainly did not actually possess this Noble Phantasm when he was alive.

When the true name of the Noble Phantasm is revealed Saber is very briefly given access to the vast draconic Mana of the dragon Albion whose power is usually available to King Arthur as well as Albion’s blood courses through the veins of the King of Knights.

The blade of Saber’s sword begins to glow in a bright, golden light and releases an incredibly large burst of mana with its next swing, comparable in function with the Mana Burst skill usually used by King Arthur, though this Noble Phantasm easily trumps it in power. A single strike from this sword is enough to kill most opponents outright. Supposedly, being hit by this attack in particular should feel like being struck by all the might of the dragon Albion itself, though confirming this claim would prove difficult.

The mana of Albion tied to the sword could also be used in an emergency by Saber to keep himself from disappearing if his connection to his normal mana source is somehow severed.

"It is certainly an impressive weapon of superior craftsmanship, but I can’t seem to remember ever wielding it. Though, when I hold it I feel so full of energy, as if there was a raging storm inside me that wants to get out. It’s a feeling just as invigorating as it is frightening. To hold so much power in just one hand…"

Bond 5

Sword of Prospective Victory
    Caledfwlch

Anti-Unit | C++

This Noble Phantasm is almost like a virus, infecting Saber’s Saint Graph, though it is not necessarily malicious. The association between Saber and King Arthur forces this Noble Phantasm on Saber and so long as Saber is in possession of this Noble Phantasm Saber will manifest in the Saber class.

Without this Noble Phantasm it is much more likely that Saber would be summoned in the Assassin, Rider, or in rarer cases in the Gatekeeper class. However simply being associated with King Arthur and due to this the legendary sword Excalibur is enough to cause him to be summoned as a Saber-class Servant

"The name “Arthur” feels familiar, yet completely alien to me. I understand I apparently served as inspiration to the tales about this great King of Knights, but when I hear that name… it’s like a different part of me, a different one from the part that recognises “Ambrose” as my name, somewhere deep within, reacts to it."

《 ~~ ★ ~~ Background ~~ ★ ~~ 》《 ~~ ★ ~~ Background ~~ ★ ~~ 》
    Ambrose Aurelian was a late Roman-British leader in the 5th century. Perhaps he was the commander of the Romano-British in the Battle of Mount Badon, in which they are said to have won against the Anglo-Saxons. Little is known about the life of Ambrose Aurelian. It is mentioned in only a few sources, although the later tradition is considered unreliable anyway and the source situation for Britain in the period between 400 and 600 is very bad.

The Roman administrative system in Britain had largely collapsed in the early 5th century, after the crossing of the Rhine in 406 and the usurpation of Constantine III, most regular Roman troops had left the country. A little later, the Romano-British are said to have been dominated by a “scornful usurper” who persuaded the Civitates to call Saxons into the country as mercenaries. This “tyrant” or “usurpator” was given the name Vortigern in later tradition.

However, the Saxon Foederati rebelled in 440, and seized control of parts of the island. Some time later, the Romanized inhabitants of the island, led by Ambrose, are said to have gathered to resist them.

They ambushed the anglo-saxons at the Battle of Badon, the exact location of which is unknown. The anglo-saxons had not sent any scout ahead and had no cavalry, so Ambrose ambushed them by hiding his cavalry along the hilly plains and charging at the Anglo-Saxons from the side. After many of the Anglo-Saxons were slain Ambrose and his men retreated to a fortress not far off the battlefield. The Anglo-Saxons misinterpreted this as a sign of weakness and followed to take revenge for their fallen, but when they charged uphill at the fortress almost all of them were wiped out in another cavalry charge.

Later Ambrose Aurelian likely served as an inspiration for both the characters of Merlin and King Arthur Pendragon.

《 ~~ ★ ~~ Description ~~ ★ ~~ 》《 ~~ ★ ~~ Description ~~ ★ ~~ 》
    "Well, let’s see… I always very much enjoyed it when there were festivals held by our people. During my time we often had to run away from the Angles and Saxons, always fleeing. People were dying everywhere you looked. But, on a few special days, that gloom disappeared and was replaced with joy. I’ll always cherish those memories."

Dislikes
    "I always have trouble thinking of things I greatly dislike. I have no strong negative opinions about many things. I suppose I harbour a dislike toward Germanic people, particularly the Angles and the Saxons because they were my enemies, but I don’t know if that really counts. Other than that, I can’t really think of anything… sorry."

Wish for the Grail
    "That’s a difficult question… I suppose I would try to wish that my country would live in peace and prosperity? I don’t know if world peace is a thing that a Grail can create, so maybe just improving my home is more realistic?"
    Bond 5

"I used to like a great many things as a child. Riding was chief among them. My most beloved horse while I lived was a mare called Llamrei. I rode her in the Battle of Badon, though she was injured there. She survived, but couldn’t gallop properly anymore. She lived a few more years happily and then passed on naturally. You should have seen her in her prime, as fast as the wind she was!"

Dislikes
    "Oh, Master! I did remember something I dislike, or well, maybe dislike is the wrong word. It’s something that I just can’t manage to do to save my life. See, I actually very much enjoy music and dancing, but I have unreasonable amounts of trouble dancing with women. With men, there’s no problem at all though. Maybe I just can’t lead in a dance?"

Wish for the Grail
    "Well… in all honesty, I think… I think I would like a do-over. I helped my people beat back the Angles and the Saxons at Mount Badon, but then after that when they needed me? I just disappeared, never to be seen again. I feel ashamed for that failure. So maybe, if I could have a second try, I could do better that time?"

《 ~~ ★ ~~ Relationships ~~ ★ ~~ 》《 ~~ ★ ~~ Relationships ~~ ★ ~~ 》
    Artoria Pendragon
    "So, this is what I served to inspire? There certainly are worse ways to be immortalised. Looking at her is a bit like looking in a mirror. One that shows you the most idealised version of yourself, at least. A knight with power of biblical proportions. She’s troubled by something, though I don’t know what exactly. Maybe the mantle of king wears a little heavy on her shoulders?"
    Oberon Vortigern
    "Hm… So he’s gone from snivelling little tyrant to king of the fairies? Well, so long as he remains as cowardly as he was in life, we need not be concerned about him. He’s a pretender at best, a scared fool at worst."
    Mordred
    "I wonder, had I had children would it have turned out similarly? I’d like to think not. Though, I must say, I personally like her. Her somewhat child-like energy is almost infectious. I don’t understand why she and her father have a rivalry with one another. She seems like a good-kid, even if she has a bit of delinquency in her."
    Knights of the Round Table
    "Hm… I never had any group of loyal knights at my side … though, apparently the loyalty part is negotiable with some of them. It is still somewhat nice to know that, in a different life, I may have surrounded myself with other like-minded, trusted people. A better time, perhaps."
    Germanic Servants
    "I don’t know if I can fault their ancestors for what they did. After all, many of them were just running away from what they thought was a bigger threat. I will say, I used to share the Roman notion that they were just uncivilised barbarians, seeing the heroes of their stories before me, in the flesh, they were certainly more civilised than I had ever thought."
    Roman Emperors
    "I don’t know whether to feel thankfulness or resentment toward them. Were it not for me learning their tactics and using them against the Anglo-Saxons, I never would have won at Badon. On the other hand they left me and my people alone in Britain to fend for ourselves. Let’s say my feelings are mixed and I’d like to keep interaction with them at a necessary minimum and leave it at that, shall we?"
    Fergus mac Róich
    "But I thought that the sword Caledfwlch was tied to King Arthur? How did you get a hold of it? You’re a hero of the Celts, where did you get a weapon from one of our folk heroes from? "
    Attila the Hun
    (Altrea)

"So… this is the guy that started it, huh? I don’t know if she had any idea what she was actually causing when she started raiding the Germanic tribes, but if she did and I somehow found out that she did… Let’s not entertain that idea any further…"
    Merlin Alter/Aurelius Ambrosius
    "I can’t quite understand what you are? I think you are me, in a different life? Maybe a different time? Or maybe just me occupying a different shell? Maybe you have nothing to do with me at all. But you seem so familiar to me. There must be a connection."

Author's Note
    So, since I mentioned I was working on a sheet for Ambrose Aurelian I figured I might as well publish it next. Unspurprisingly writing anything about a guy from a time that is breathtakingly badly documented and who may or may not have existed at all is a bit challengeing. Ah well, I don't think I did too badly on him.

I'll go an quietly cross "Servant with glowing sword NP" off my CaS bingo card.

Opinions on the previous Servants:
    Perseus. I really like the edgy take on this guy. Though I can't help but think that his second NP is accidentally very comedic. Imagine some powerhouse Servant á la Heracles being mildly inconvenienced by beaing beaned in the head by a discus. Overall a really well done sheet.
    Azazel. I feel like I missed a little bit of context for this Servant. Nevertheless, I think it's a really good sheet. The conversations between Azazel and Michael help bring a lot of personality in and the Servant feels decidedly non-biblical, which I think is a good thing since you can only write so many angel and fallen angel sheets before things start repeating. Good job on that.
    Ganymede. The no doubt intentional intimidating look of Ganymede undercut by his clumsiness and incompetence make the sheet a really fun read! I'd say you also did a really good job turning a character who is not much more than a cupbearer with a serious case of Stockholm Syndrome into a Servant, which, I think is pretty dificult. I, for one, wouldn't even know where to begin with that.
    《 ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ 》

My Servant Compendium

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servant Caster:

Appearance:

Source (Looks fat in his clerical robes, but it's actually pure muscle)

True Name: Friar Tuck "The Merry Monk"

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Alternate Classes: Saber, Archer, Ruler, Gatekeeper

Armaments: Broadsword, bow, his fists

Strength- C+
    Agility- D
    Endurance- C
    Mana- B
    Luck- C
    NP- C

Personality
    A jovial man who loves good food and ale. Caster's devotion to earthly pleasures might be called unbecoming of a man of God yet the truth is his faith is unwavering. He believes God calls humans to live peacefully sharing the abundance of creation and for that reason detests those who'd hoard wealth while depriving it from the common people. Hence why he broke away from the strictures of monastic life to live amongst the people and help them even if it meant donning the mantle of an outlaw. While he laughs, drinks and jests his piety and sense of justice are second to none.

Despite his boisterousness Caster is disarmingly cunning. Recognizing that he's likely one of the weaker competitors in a Grail War he has no qualms using his wits to gain an advantage, such as tricking the other Servants into letting him do favors for them so he can appropriate their Noble Phantasms through River Crossing Reversal. Caster enjoys getting the upper hand against cocky people by playing on their expectations of him as a harmless priest against them, although he's also quick to forgive once a slight has been repaid.

He gets along well with dogs and will go out of his way to pet any he encounters. Even the most vicious hound would melt into a pampered puppy just from one stroke of his big hands. Caster's wish on the Holy Grail is for everyone to have enough to eat until their bellies are full.

Likes: good food and drink, walking through the forest, dogs, the Lord
    Dislikes: being underestimated, cloistered monasteries, corrupt nobles
    Talents: indulging his appetite, archery and swordsmanship, charity
    Natural Enemy: Robin Hood, Sheriff of Nottingham

Class Skills:

Territory Creation- C
    The ability to formulate a territory advantageous to oneself as a Magus. At this rank (re)creation of an "Abbey" akin to the one he once dwelt becomes possible, consecrating a Bounded Field that repels malignant spirits and provides sanctuary to Caster's allies. However due to preferring to wander in the company of nature he usually dislikes doing so.

Item Construction- C
    A talent to craft items tinted in magical energy. As both a cleric and gourmand Caster is able to create blessed bread and beer that fills the body while cleansing status ailments when ingested.

Personal Skills:

Baptism Sacrament- C
    A type of Magecraft that changed style into a church form. It is tremendously effective on a spiritual body. As a friar for the Holy Church Caster is versed in this Magecraft style. He was expelled from his order for exorcising a Dead Apostle that abused its position amongst the clergy to prey on the populace. Caster can induce unholy beings such as evil spirits and vampires to undergo a sublimation process, potentially purifying them from the World. He may also imbue sacraments into his sword, arrows or fists to lend them smiting effects, searing Evil-aligned and demonic foes on contact.

Bloodstained Demon- B
    A Skill that illustrates one as having a martial story improper for a Caster. Belying his depiction as a rotund man of the cloth Caster was a skilled warrior proficient in the sword and bow. He managed to fight the legendary outlaw Robin Hood to a standstill when the latter tried to cross a river he lived by. Provides great bonuses to close-range combat power.

Espionage- C
    A Skill that does not conceal one's presence, but rather makes one's presence fail to register as hostile. This Skill causes others to misunderstand one's status, including mistaking one for a kind neighbor, a harmless pebble, or as their most beloved person. In some legends Caster was the only one of Robin's Merry Men not identified as an outlaw, allowing him to gather information on the Sheriff of Nottingham while maintaining a respectable front. Until he drops the act by attacking Caster will be perceived as little more than a pleasant, portly monk who couldn't possibly threaten anyone, his jovial demeanor loosening other's inhibitions as compromising secrets slip out even without meaning to.

Noble Phantasms
    Friar's Retinue
    The Holy Man's Fifty Hounds

Type: Anti-Team

Caster brings his fingers to his lips and looses a thunderous whistle, summoning his loyal pack of fifty fearsome dogs that he once called on to match Robin Hood's Merry Men. These dogs have stats akin to low-grade Phantasmal Beasts and can snatch projectiles out of the air, snapping them with their powerful jaws. Despite their vicious nature they are friendly and affectionate to Caster and anyone he recognizes. Caster can also summon a smaller group of just four dogs to conserve Mana.

River Crossing Reversal
    Turnabout Of Wits

Type: Anti-Treasure

A representation of the battle of wits between Caster and Robin Hood at the River Skell. The king of outlaws pressed Caster into carrying him across the river only for the furtive friar to pilfer his sword while he was unawares. Robin was then forced to ferry Caster back across the river where the holy man mischievously dumped him in the water, but not before he managed to snatch Caster's own sword.

This anecdote conceptualizes into a Noble Phantasm allowing Caster to appropriate another Servant's armament by doing them a favor. The target has to agree to the favor for this to work, although they don't need to understand what it entails. After completing the favor Caster just has to recite this Noble Phantasm's true name whereupon tendrils of water swirl around their armament, dissolving and reforming it into his hand. It officially belongs to Caster from this point on although if a Noble Phantasm Caster won't be able to use any of its properties necessitating a true name release. Even if he dies the armament will dematerialize with him, preventing the opponent from simply getting it back by killing him.

The only way for the Servant to get their weapon back is for them to repay Caster by doing him the same favor or one he recognizes as of "equivalent" value. Caster is unable to deny the target should they ask to return the favor. Additionally upon doing so they'll be able to seize one of Caster's armaments in turn.

So I'm back with a new sheet y'all. Somewhat regret not going for a chubbier FC but I couldn't find one of a fat priest in anime style. As usual comments and critiques would be welcome. Thanks for reading!

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    @Ambrose Aurelian: Man, seeing two of the dude back to back makes me want to dust off my old copy that I never posted...

@Friar Tuck: Surprised you didn't just use the Tuck from the Robin Hood anime as the FC.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ambrose Aurelian: A really nice job with the sheet overall. The concept that runs behind it really serves as an interesting way of doing things. The characterisation is an interesting angle, but a refreshing one to a lot of what I have seen elsewhere. Overall, a nice sheet.

Friar Tuck: Well, I'll just say I love the muscle priest angle, and the little note about his vestments would make for a hilarious reveal in a story, so that might make up for not doing the canonical large man. Overall, I think the sheet does the man justice, and the connection to the Fate Church is a nice addition. I wasn't sure about the rank River Crossing Reversal, but checking into it, C does fit the aesthetic it has of being a weaker Sword Hunt(at mid strength) due to Tuck having to give them the opportunity to get it back, and the fact they can get it back in the first place, seemingly unlike something like Reincarnation Pandora. Surprised Robin is an enemy, as a lot of versions I've heard put's them on friendly terms, if not being outright friends, after their confrontation.

I will ask if armament has to fit a universal definition, Tuck's definition or what with RCR though? is it like Knight of Owner where they have to conceptualise it as an armament, or just works off a universal rule. In essence, if somebody was throwing around the kitchen sink, would it affect it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    @Friar Tuck: Surprised you didn't just use the Tuck from the Robin Hood anime as the FC.
    There's a robin hood anime?! Research time!

Blog Entries
    Saber: decent sheet, but i feel like PC, Disengage and Tactocs couldve been one skill instead, comprising all his military feats into one. Id count charisma among them, but its needed to drive home the artoria connection.

Caster: who can dislike a big muscled nice guy? How you designed him, he feels more like a caster-y rider than a rider-y caster, but the class is part of his theme of deceiving appearance. Neat quirk

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    There's a robin hood anime?! Research time!
    *Cough*

It might be a bit too child-orientated for you, but I really liked it.

--------------------

RE:Ambrose Aurelian, there was something else I did have a thought about. That being the choice to have him be represented as a historical counterpart to the legend of King Arthur - you even had him say his steed was Llamrei for example. It's a bit of an odd take, considering that Artoria herself is considered a real living person in the Nasuverse. Other than that, I was bemused that you too fell for the old trap of thinking the term "Anglo-Saxon" meant "Angles and Saxons" but that's no matter.
    Last edited by Skull; July 10th, 2022 at 11:03 AM.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

I can't believe it's not Rider! DesReploid's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    RE:Ambrose Aurelian, there was something else I did have a thought about. That being the choice to have him be represented as a historical counterpart to the legend of King Arthur - you even had him say his steed was Llamrei for example. It's a bit of an odd take, considering that Artoria herself is considered a real living person in the Nasuverse. Other than that, I was bemused that you too fell for the old trap of thinking the term "Anglo-Saxon" meant "Angles and Saxons" but that's no matter.
    I do know that Anglo-Saxons and Angles and Saxons technically mean two different things, but my inner English student took over and compelled me to use a different term rather than repeating "Angles and Saxons" over and over and over, so I picked the next best thing.

And, yeah, thanks to the way that the Nasuverse handles myths, basically saying that they're all true and all makes for a bunch of funky scenarios. It basically makes it impossible to turn a character that was actually alive but served as inspiration for a fictional character into a Servant. There wasn't really any way that I could sell "I inspired the tales of King Arthur" whilst keeping the Nasuverse canon that King Arthur actually existed. So instead I just chose to ignore that.

My Servant Compendium

Blog Entries
    One has to remember that there are everyday folks that do not believe in the mystic stuff from back then. So instead of treating arthur as real, they think he was fiction and attribute someone who was close enough as the inspiration. So one could spin it around and instead of saying "ambrose inspired king artur" to "ambrose is attributed with inspiring king artur"
    Something like a pseudo-proto arthur through an innocent monster effect born from the rationalization of mystics

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

GREETINGS I BRING DESPAIR

Name: Minotaurus
    Class: Berserker
    Origin: Greek Mythology
    Alignment: Chaotic Mad- (Sorrowful Mad)

STR: C++
    END: C+
    AGI: B
    MAG: A
    LCK: D

1st Ascension

2nd Ascension

3rd Ascencion

The infamous monster born of Minos oath-breaking with Poseidon, Pasiphae was cursed with lust towards the Cretan Bull and Minos would be only known for being one of the greatest fools in the world. Despite this Minos took the monster in, not out of mercy, not out of fear, but to take advantage of its nature and pressure Athens into submission, eventually it would be killed by Theseus who using the beloved Ariadne's thread escaped the labyrinth and eloped with the Princess to faraway lands.

Yet the one who claims to be Minotaurus is a perfect young maiden that can only be seen in stories. A kind hearted princess who understands and loves all of her people, a true idol to be cherished and symbol of the gods' love and acknowledgment, born solely to lead the people with great virtue and wisdom. However at the same time whenever battle is about to ensue or ill wishes are directed at her Minotaurus adorns heavy armor and beings to rampage, her shrieks and laughs spreading wide-fear and panic as akin to a curse

"Compete for honor, for acknowledgment of the Gods, a peaceful placid soul will not be granted Elysium. True prosperity comes from the grinded down corpses and screams of the defeated. Red is victory, red is honor, save the obedient, kill the defiant, break the desirable"

A dichotomy but the Kings of Greece were known for living between extremes, very much like the Gods they kneeled too.....but it should be obvious by now should it be not?

The monster was slain
    The Evil King was thwarted
    The Hero saved the Princess
    They stood together despite hardship
    A true happy ending

NOT

Theseus is driven away from Crete, despite saving the people, slaying the monster and stopping the King's madness, all remained loyal to the hypocrite who defied and was punished by the gods. Hate festered and thus when Dionysus offered him passage to his homeland in exchange of Ariadne he eagerly agreed and abandoned her. As for Ariadne the princess who only wished for a end of bloodshed, to her father's madness, salvation for Asterios would receive nothing but unending pain for such wishes

"Take away my heart (love). I want to be selfish (kill). I don't want to care (cherish). Drown me in eternal madness"

Dionysus is madness, yet Dionysus also shows great capacity of love. Answering to his bride's wishes she is repurposed and born anew. The non-human traits within her blood are enhanced and brought to the fore, the blood of Zeus (Minos) and Helios and Perse (Pasiphae), a destruction engine shackled to Dionysus' divinity and made a extension

Skills

Mad Enhancement (EX): Maximum power is granted, yet reason is robbed. Speech is possible, negotiating is possible, the Princess yet remains, but it's just habit and repetition, no investment of emotions or any true understanding is granted. However should she be reminded of Theseus' once shining heroism, the tragedy of Asterios, the despair of Pasiphae and the tyranny of Minos she will immediately hone upon the target to eliminate the oddity and alleviate her mind. A eternal drunken haze, yet if one is to survive the 'intervention' the princess will regain her sanity and the skill will be sealed. A trial upon the master, Dionysus does not 'share' easily after all even if he acknowledges humans are best to stay with humans

Personal Skills
    Bassareus (A++): A surname of Dionysus, derived from bassara or bassaris, the long robe which the god himself and the Maenads used to wear in Thrace. For Ariadne is 'garbed' with Minotaurus and is granted all the aptitude and skills to become an Anti-Human menace, that is a blood-drenched monster that devours the weak, laughs at the strong. The Crown of Power (Tyranny) so that she will never be strung along again or so this form says. Perhaps Ariadne simply doesn't want to remember being Ariadne

Fated Thread (B): The guidance that surpassed the mystery of Daedalus Labyrinth and as long as it exists so will this. Originally a noble phantasm that could be shared between allies so that all would find their objectives without fail, it has become a instinct that makes Ariadne able to find her way and enemies by sheer instinct alone. Illusions, presence concealment, shapeshifting and similar hiding tactics of equal and lesser ranking will fail

Labrys of the Abyss (A Rank): The original two-bladed axe which is a symbol and the root of the word labyrinth. As the rightful princess taking the name and power of Asterios this skill has been enhanced to the max. A blade-key that summons the power in her blood and by using large amounts of magical energy pieces of the Labyrinth can be summoned to be used as shields, battering rams, gauntlets and many others, twisting and changing the Labyrinth won't allow its victim (purpose) to ever see the light again, a protection and punishment of the highest ranking in one package

Noble Phantasm

Chaos Labyrinthos: Horn of Chaos
    Rank B
    Anti-City
    A Bullroarer used in the rituals of Dionysian Mysteries. The escalating sounds propagates and enhances the madness within Ariadnes, the Minotaurus takes the stage and from within her madness breaks out and spread throughout the world, spreading like a plague those afflicted with it suffer as the victims of the Minotaur did, thirst, starvation, panic, paranoia, all sink down unto the target's soul and as the despair escalates Minotaurus is granted further boosts, more and more victims shall die and her name and curse shall spread until a grand hero will appear to defeat (killsaveslaughter), a enemy (prince) who will have eyes for her and only her