Page 473 of 620 FirstFirst ... 373423463468471472473474475478483523573 ... LastLast
Results 9,441 to 9,460 of 12386

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar
    "Servant…s? Assassin. Hansel…"

"...And Gretel!"

"...Are here to serve!"

True Name: Hansel and Gretel
    Class: Assassin
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Source: Fairy Tales
    Region: N/A

Parameters:
    Strength: E
    Endurance: C
    Agility: D
    Mana: E
    Luck: A

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment C
    The capacity to conceal one's presence as a Servant. Hides one's presence as a Servant. Suitable for spying. The rank of Presence Concealment drops considerably when preparing to attack.

Personal Skills:

Breadcrumb Trail B
    A skill born from an anecdote from their story. Once they had been abandoned in the woods, but Hansel had been prepared and gathered stones to make a trail home. Then again, they were abandoned and Hansel was forced to use breadcrumbs but they were eaten. Manifests as a momentary trail that either Hansel or Gretel can leave on the ground, ensuring they would never get lost.

Combination B
    A Skill that displays how much one's combat power increases when on a united front with a specific person. The symbol of a bond between siblings. Sight isn't generally needed when grasping one another's actions, they can manage just fine on their other senses.

Be He Fat or Lean A
    A skill taken from an anecdote of their story. After weeks of being tricked about fattening up Hansel due to her poor eyesight, the witch decided to eat Hansel no matter his state. A disguising of weakness; a feint in other words. They are able to create vulnerabilities by feigning vulnerability. This skill lies solely Hansel's use, not due to it being exclusive to him and him alone but rather he would prefer that it be him to create the vulnerability while Gretel acts upon it.

Noble Phantasm

Hexenofen: The Baker Witch's Oven
    Type: Anti-Unit

The noble phantasm of Hansel and Gretel. An oven that once belonged to the man-eating witch who lived in Gingerbread House. Compared to a certain oven held by another witch, this oven is a more genuine article, imbued with the lingering essence of the Witch who was sacrificed to it instead of Gretel. This particular trait allows it to function as a medium of realizing Witchcraft as well as providing magical confection constructs without having to sacrifice others.

Notably, Gretel makes more proficient use of the oven than Hansel by stint of being the one that had to familiarize herself with the working of the Gingerbread House while slaving under the Witch.

Personality

Hansel and Gretel both display themselves as a pair of amiable, if a bit rustic, children. They can keep pace with each other astonishingly well, and oftentimes, as a prank, take advantage of their physical similarities to trick others into misidentifying them. Despite this, both have key tells.

First one, their first introduction is always the truth and any later attempts at reintroduction are tricks. Hansel is more outwardly stoic and internally emotive while the reverse is for Gretel. Hansel is the one that seems more active as a result of being in a cage. Gretel lies about more to take advantage of any time she spends not working.

One should note that despite the children's relative friendliness to their master, they do not trust easily especially if the master is an adult. Being left behind is another point of contention to them.

Thanks dude. Just a legend that Koblandy was the one that broke his knee. But eh, almost every neighbouring country has same story. I am thinking of doing another central asian epic hero. Like Ural (there is actually info about him, so go check it if you want to) and Alpamysh. Maybe I will do a Holy Roman Emperor.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    koblandy is an interesting epic character and you did a fine job showing it in his skills.
    Hänsel and Gretel are cool interpretations of the story. Good thing you did not take a page out of the hollywood movie's book.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Wow, uh...I've not been on here for a while huh? Just thought I would pop by and let you know I'm not dead or anything - because I know some of you (Koga) like to know what's happening. That aside, I'm still working on Servant Sheets and stuff. I've sorta permanently moved back to Spacebattles and won't be around here anymore pretty much. So if you need me, I'm over on there now.
    Regardless, I will still post any completed Sheets here too so I'll randomly pop up now and again.
    Hope you are all doing well. Hello to any new people as well.

Servant Sheet Compilation
    Pronouns - She/Her
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

Blog Entries
    What does spacebattles have that we dont?
    But glad youre okay. Have fun over there

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    What does spacebattles have that we dont?
    But glad youre okay. Have fun over there
    It has an actual alert system that updates when people reply and post on threads and I don't have to wade through ten pages to get anywhere. That aside, it also moves a bit slower compared to on here. It's just much easier to navigate. Anyway, thanks.

Servant Sheet Compilation
    Pronouns - She/Her
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    koblandy is an interesting epic character and you did a fine job showing it in his skills.
    Thanks. Tried to make him as accurate to his 26 legend iterations as possible. I even had to go to a library to get stuff internet didn't have.

Blog Entries
    By the Eternal Blue Sky, thus shall I proclaim:
    Our horses shall make the earth below tremble!
    Our arrows shall make the heaven above collapse!

My sons, my brethrens!
    Let us set forth towards the path of conquest!
    We shall have lordship over the four corners of the world!

Such was it said, the heroic tale of our revered ancestor, Oghuz Khagan.
    He started talking right as soon as he was born, becoming a full-grown warrior after just 40 days.
    In his youth, he went on to slay the Armored Dragon Kiyant, and gained the loyalty of his people.
    When he became old enough to become a khan, he deposed his wicked and incompetent father.
    He then unified the tribes of the Steppes, and set forth to conquer the Four Corners of the World.

Oghuz married two powerful Elemental Spirits. The first was a Heavenly Fairy born of sunlight, who bears him Gun (Sun), Ay (Moon) and Yildiz (Stars). The second was an Earthly Fairy born of a sacred tree, who gave birth to Gok (Sky), Dag (Mountain), and Deniz (Sea).

It is said that from these six sons came the Twenty Four Oghuz Clans, from which all Turkic people can trace their lineage back, bearing their own Sky Crest (Tamgha) and Guardian Spirits (Ongon).

Although a largely mythological figure, Oghuz Khagan is often associated with the historical figure known in the Chinese records as Modu Chanyu, the founder of the Xiongnu Empire who managed to subjugate the Han dynasty following the death of Qin Shi Huang.

Having unified the various nomadic tribes of Mongolia, he formed a powerful military confederation that rapidly expanded the Xiongnu territory to all directions. The legend of Oghuz Khagan represents the elements of fantasy and belief which have embedded itself into the historical Modu Chanyu, reinforced by the stories and reputations of various “Great Conquerors from the Asian Steppes” throughout history.

We have seen countless wars, we have crossed so many borders.
    Our spears have become forest, our arrows have become rain.
    The horses we ride have trampled every corner of the world.
    We have cursed our enemies with unfathomable suffering.
    We have blessed our friends with boundless prosperity.
    With the sun as our banner, and the sky as our tent.
    We have grasped the true meaning of Freedom.

Class: Berserker
    Alternate Classes: Rider, Archer
    True Name: Oghuz Khagan
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Origin: Turkic Folklore, The Oğuzname
    Attribute: Earth

The legendary Khan and revered ancestor of the Turkic people. An almighty warrior, fearless hero, and ruthless warlord, he is said to have created a legacy of conquest that would be inherited by the various nomadic tribes of Inner Asia, building the steppe empires dominating much of the Eurasian continent; such as the Huns, the Gokturks, the Mongols, the Seljuks and the Ottomans.

The legend of Oghuz Khagan echoes the achievements and deeds of those descendants.

Parameters:
    STR: A+
    END: A
    AGI: A+
    MGI: C
    LCK: B
    NP: A

Class Skills:
    Mad Enhancement: A+
    As a Berserker, the divine blood of the Gray Wolf within him stirs, and it resonates with the effects of Mad Enhancement. As a result, while his mental capability is deprived, his feral instinct and beastly perception are greatly sharpened, along with the usual rank-up to his parameters.

Additionally, thanks to certain curses and blessings Berserker received from the Tengri, the effects of his Mad Enhancement may wane or wax on certain conditions, such as the phases of the moon, and being in a nomadic or sedentary situation.

Personal Skills:
    Howl of the Gray Wolf: B+
    The steppe nomads believe that the divine Gray Wolf is the Avatar of Tengri, and they can obtain something akin to the Authority of the Sky by unleashing a mighty battlecry that can shake the very heavens. For a period, it allows Berserker to interfere with the heavenly phenomenons within the range of which his howl can be heard. More directly, this howl also inflicts a primordial terror into the hearts of enemies, but rouses an effect akin to Charisma to allies.

A Skill that Berserker receives in place of Imperial Privilege, which he would otherwise have in other Classes. This is due to him having been transformed into an existence closer to a Divine Beast, the Gray Wolf, than a proper Heroic Spirit.

Gravitas of Starborn and Earthkin: EX
    The protection and blessing received from his two wives; the passionate affection from the Elemental of Sunlight, and the nurturing embrace from the Elemental of the Forest. These two Elementals are actually identical Divided Spirits who once were part of the same entity; the Sun and Fertility Goddess of Turkic mythology, Umay.

A composite skill which consisted of Protection of the Spirits and the Affection of the Goddess, this skill denotes Berserker as a mighty star that naturally attracts and binds the Elementals of the Planet, with the side effect of granting him with a power akin to gravity manipulation, as if the Heaven and Earth obeys his will.

Crest of the Eternal Blue Sky: A
    The Unified Crest that would be divided and inherited by the Twenty Four Oghuz Clans as their symbol and banner (Tamga). it is the acknowledgement that Berserker's lineage are destined to enforce the will of the Eternal Blue Sky upon Earth, with the Sun as their banner, and the Heavens as their tent.

It is an extraordinary Magic Crest, somewhat similar to a Primordial Rune of the Norse gods. Activated by shooting an arrow engraved with magecraft into a specific point in the sky, it allows Berserker to access various blessings of might and wisdom from Tengri himself. Like the Primordial Rune, it has vast range of effects, but due to his class, it is impossible for Berserker to utilize its full potential.

Noble Phantasms:
    Üçoklar Yer Su
    Terrestrial Silver Arrows, Pierce the Heaven
    Type: Anti-Army
    The Arrow of the Winds, the Arrow of the Mountains, and the Arrow of the Sea.
    A set of Divine Constructs forged by the Elementals of the Sky and Earth, containing the Divine Authorities of the Sky God Tengri and the Sun Goddess Umay. These are the weapons Oghuz wielded to slay the Dragon Kiyant and ultimately conquer the Four Corners of the World. It is the very symbol of Berserker’s proud lineage and glorious legacy, as inherited by the Turkic people that has spread wide across the Eurasian continent.

This Noble Phantasm is composed of two main set of Armaments. This is the first one, the three Silver Arrows (Üçok) imbued with the Spirits of the Wind, the Mountains, and the Sea. These Silver Arrows are large enough to be wielded as lances. In addition, the Arrow of the Wind can be transformed into a Tulpar horse, the Arrow of the Mountain can be reforged into an armor, and the Arrow of the Sea can be reshaped into a ship. They also deal bonus damage against Sky-attributed entities.

Bozoklar Gök Kal
    Celestial Golden Bow, Conquer the Stars
    Type: Anti-World
    The Strings of the Sun, the Blades of the Moon, and the Bullets of the Stars.
    The second and more powerful armament is the Golden Bow (Bozok), etched with the conceptual power of the Sun, the Moon, and the Stars. This weapon can also be separated into two giant blades. It can also shoot rays of sunlight that can burn an army. They are inversely specilized against those of Earth-attribute

The true power of this Noble Phantasm comes with its True Name Release, where the Terrestrial Silver Arrows are simultaneously drawn with the Celestial Golden Bow. When activated, it evokes the imagery of the crescent moon shooting the very stars as arrows, as if the very firmaments are collapsing, revealing the Eternal Blue Sky behind it.

- - - Updated - - -

thread theme

Last edited by Kamera; August 13th, 2022 at 11:54 PM.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Blog Entries
    excellent and epic.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Awesome sheet. I feel represented.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oghuz: Pretty badass sheet. I love the imagery in his second NP. I'm not sure why you gave him EX-rank Mad Enhancement though since that appears to denote the lucid-type where the Servant can still think and speak normally while having a deeper madness whereas he appears to be the more usual non-verbal "roar and rampage" Berserker. Just keeping his instincts shouldn't be enough for that since Herc still had his EOTM (False) as a Berserker. I'd think just A (or A- given the conditions attached) would suffice for him.

Blog Entries
    Archer of the Covenant:

Appearance:

True Name
    : Caleb

Alignment
    : Lawful Good

Alternate Class
    : Berserker

Strength- B
    Agility- C
    Endurance- A
    Mana- C
    Luck- B
    NP- B

Personality
    A zealous man whose fired up by passion for the Lord. He is bold in battle fully expecting God to grant him victory over his foes. Archer is contemptuous of those who'd retreat or show cowardice saying their ideals must be weak if they'd indulge in such disgraceful behavior. He's prone to boast but that is not out of arrogance, rather it is his commitment to God expressed by showing off all the amazing feats one can accomplish by having faith in Him. Archer is affectionate to dogs and dislikes their poor reputation amongst his people.

Dislikes: cowardice, Giants, ungodly people
    Talents: wholehearted faith, seizing strongholds
    Natural Enemy: Goliath

Class Skills:

Independent Action- B

The ability to sustain oneself in existence without a supply of magical energy from one's Master. At this rank Archer can linger in the World for two days in the absence of an active contract, and survive for a short time after sustaining extensive damage to his Spiritual Core. As one of the Twelve Spies sent to the land of Canaan to scout out the habitability of the region Archer possesses a high knack for surviving in enemy territory without the backup of his Master.

Magic Resistance- B
    Confers protection against magical effects. At this rank spells with a chant below three verses are nullified. Even if targeted by Magecraft at the level of High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals it is difficult for the Servant to be affected. A high resistance stemming from Archer's resolute faith in God, such that he was one of only two of the Twelve Spies who committed to going ahead with the conquest of Canaan, fully trusting that God would deliver them the land in spite of the overwhelming obstacles.

Personal Skills:

Crest Of The Canine- A
    A peculiar pattern imprinted on Archer's flesh that comes from his Pagan tribe the Kenizzites, who revered the dog as a totemic idol and inked its image on their bodies for spiritual protection. By circulating Mana through that crest Archer can activate the inherent mystery woven within to channel the strength and viciousness of his patron animal, selectively enhancing parts of his body in return for ascribing them more canine features such as sharp teeth, greater hairiness and claw-like fingernails.

While Archer can apply this Skill to strengthen his entire body at once that burdens him with rank C Mad Enhancement, regressing his mind to the level of a wild beast until battle concludes akin to the Berserkergang underwent by Viking warriors who also evoked totemic animals. He favors enhancing only his voice to let out a resounding howl that scatters foes in panic, which is how he drove off the giants that cornered his men in Canaan. Furthermore parts enhanced by this Skill gain the effect of tearing away a portion of the opponent's health with every strike to restore Archer's own that comes from the symbolism of dogs as scavengers devouring the fallen.

Archer dislikes relying on this Skill since it reminds of his Pagan ancestry, though he will still use it when necessary. After all the Lord forgives any means that accomplish His will, at least so Archer himself believes.

Divine Protection- B+
    A form of divine protection that gives the user the quick-wittedness and brute strength needed to defeat giants unaided. Having more than anyone remembered the Lord's promise and lived to participate in the conquest of Canaan at 85 years old, still retaining the same vigor as in his youth Archer is definitely a man protected by God. In his case the benefits conferred by this Skill are ranking up his Endurance parameter, repelling disruption to the mind and body and a damage boost against Giant-type enemies.

Reconnaissance- B
    A Skill similar yet differing from Subversive Activities. Instead of preemptively eliminating enemy forces, this Skill is more suited for sneaking in and out of dangerous territory, and gathering information on enemy forces, terrain, and other activities. Having embarked on an expedition to Canaan to assess its viability as a new homeland for the Jews Archer spent forty days in hostile territory familiarizing himself with the lay of the land and its people, the savage race of giants known as Anakites. While he was accompanied by eleven peers as all but one other balked in fear at the prospect of taking the land, only Archer and Joshua are worthy of qualifying as Heroic Spirits and possessing this Skill.

Noble Phantasm
    Beriyth Kəná'an
    Oathsworn Bow Of Fecundity

Type: Anti-Unit/Anti-Territory

A Noble Phantasm crystallizing God's promise to the Jewish people to conquer the Promised Land of Canaan. A man wholeheartedly devoted to God who served to carry forth that promise when many of his peers would've abandoned it Archer is fit to wield the covenant taking the form of a shimmering, ethereal greatbow strewn with prayers to YHWH in Hebraic and divine script. The ends of the bow are also twined in grapevines that drip honey. Instead of ordinary arrows it looses javelin-sized bolts of light, manifestations of His sanction fit to pierce the hardened hides of the monstrous giants that dwelt in Canaan.

Following invocation of this Noble Phantasm's true name the next arrow from Archer's bow carries the concept of "Canaan" that has different effects depending on whether it hits a living target or a territory. Should the arrow embed in the ground it emits a Mana-pulse that hijacks all local leylines, claiming the land for 20 meters around as "Canaan". True to the region's title as the "Land of Milk and Honey" told in the Bible the terrain spanned by this Noble Phantasm bursts forth with fecundity, sprouting bountiful produce that restores one's health and magical energy when ingested. However this is only an offshoot of the true effect, recreating a pocket of the Age of Gods wherever Archer's arrow lands.

Ordinary humans and Servants from the Age of Man suffer symptoms ranging from weakness and dizziness to suffocation from the immense saturation of Mana in the air, while Age of Gods heroes such as Archer are empowered with a rank-up to all parameters there (Archer himself gains an additional rank-up by way of territorial advantage). Furthermore Archer may freely grant the blessing of YHWH to others such as his Master and allies enabling them to traverse the region unmolested. These pocket Age of Gods' last for roughly half a day before fading.

Upon instead piercing an opponent, this Noble Phantasm's effects are far more violent and terrorizing. The concept "
    Canaan
    Land of Milk and Honey
    " is forced on their body directly, lush vegetation erupting from their flesh as honey flows from every one of the target's orifices; incurring a rapid and gruesome death that bypasses most forms of defense. The aftermath of this attack leaves the victim's body consumed in a twining
    coffin
    column
    of plantlife covered in flowers and honey, a beautiful monument evincing little of their brutal demise. Simultaneously declaring God's promise to deliver Canaan unto the Israelites and their annihilation of the giants that previously inhabited the region, a promise of prosperity from the Lord that's tantamount to merciless calamity upon Archer's foes.

So here's a new sheet from me. Thanks to BnEl for coming up with the Reconnaissance Skill since I felt ordinary Subversive Activities wasn't quite fitting. As usual comments and critiques would be welcome. Thanks for reading y'all!

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    W Kamera for using best boy as an FC.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Oghuz: I love those two Nps but am confused by his Madness Enhancement

Caleb: I love that NP! It’s beautiful and a bit scary and the skills all fit well.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Charles Baudelaire: I'm going to be hones, I started off baffled with the idea, and ended loving it. Throughout the sheet you really encapsulate the man and truly make it so he truly fits the class. His three phantasms are all amazing, and the later two are just brilliant. Honestly, the only thing I'd say is that the very description of Tableaux Parisiens make it sound like it would better be catogorised as anti-treasure than anti-unit. Regardless, wonderfully done.

Koblandy: Well, I have to say this is amazing work, first sheet here or not. You did an amazing job taking a legend with so many interpretations and narrowing it down to a single timeline. Both the skills feel extremely appropriate, especially with the lore given, and each of the NP's is nice and unique in their own way. It might just because I had the idea of him pulling a Lancelot, stealing a modern machine(in this case a train) and wrecking havok, but my favourite of the phantasms is the steed, since a spirit that empowers anything into his NP is a nice way of doing it, even if it reminds of Knight of Owner. As for the time NP, it is actually really interesting, and I thing, well executed. I'm just interested in how it impacts his mana consumption from his master? Overall, nice job, and can't wait to see what you do next.

Oghuz Khagan: If this isn't one of the mist fitting FC's for a sheet I have ever seen, I'll eat my hat. This sheet is a monster, in the best way possible. Every parameter is fitting of the legend you're using, and each of the personal skills is really interesting. Both the NP's work amazingly, and considering the breadth of power, having the arrows listed separately from the bow makes sense. Honestly, the only problem I see is the ME, as I agree with Royd. The description given make it sound more like A- or A+, depending on if you mean the strengthening parts of ME wane and wax with the moon, or if the sanity depriving aspect does. Other than that, another amazing job from ya. Nicely done. ELDEN RING, ELDEN RING, ELDEN RING Starscourge Radahn is without my second favourite boss from the game, so without a doubt, the fact he's the FC just makes me like it even more. I already liked it, but he's like the cherry on top of a wonderful desert.

Caleb: Ah yes, one of the two guys out of the ENTIRE OF ISRAEL that was allowed to enter the promised lands that wasn't a literal child when everything went down. Honestly, I'm surprised his Independent Action isn't higher from that, although using it for the Divine Protection makes sense to. Overall, everything gels amazingly, and using the nature of his entrance into Canaan, and the biblical descriptions of the land to form the NP is a interesting way of doing it. I want to ask why you chose Archer, but looking into a few things, it makes the most sense I suppose. Overall, nice work Royd.
    Gaze upon the Throne of Heroes!(Servant Compendium)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    Caleb: Ah yes, one of the two guys out of the ENTIRE OF ISRAEL that was allowed to enter the promised lands that wasn't a literal child when everything went down. Honestly, I'm surprised his Independent Action isn't higher from that, although using it for the Divine Protection makes sense to. Overall, everything gels amazingly, and using the nature of his entrance into Canaan, and the biblical descriptions of the land to form the NP is a interesting way of doing it. I want to ask why you chose Archer, but looking into a few things, it makes the most sense I suppose. Overall, nice work Royd.
    For IA I mainly felt that Joshua would merit an A-rank and didn't want Caleb to have one quite as high. And him being an Archer is mainly because there isn't any obvious Class to fit him in (Berserker is also a bit of a stretch, mainly coming from his name being sometimes translated as "Raging with canine madness" and his insistence on taking Canaan despite the overwhelming odds being interpreted as a kind of insanity to outsiders), his role as a scout that synergizes with the Archer Class' Skill of Independent Action and the equalization of "Bow" and "Covenant" that originates from the first covenant God made to His people the Rainbow Covenant (yeah, this one is majorly tenuous. I even considered tying in his NP to the Rainbow Covenant somehow, especially since the inhabitants of Canaan are identified with giants that survived the Great Flood, but that turned out way too iffy even by my standards).

Incidentally in the Berserker Class I imagine his NP would work by converting the ground beneath his feet to "Canaan", true to God's promise that "Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given to you, just as I promised to Moses." While looking up that quote just now (so not anything that went into crafting this sheet) I also happened to read that the Hebrew word for tread "Darak" can also mean "string a bow" so... another justification for him as Archer? Getting a bit esoteric though.

Blog Entries

Assassin of Sorrows - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Where my previous two Servants were the bad boy type, this one's more 'good boy haunted by his dark past'. CW: Repeated mentions of suicide, though possibly ahistorical ones
    Assassin of Sorrows

(Artist: Pon de Yomisen)

True Name: Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    Alternate Classes: Caster, possibly Saber and Rider
    Source: History
    Region: Germany
    Catalyst: A collection of premaxilla bones, or "Goethe's bones", gathered from many animals

Personality: Goethe prides himself as a logical thinker equally dedicated to the arts and sciences, and believes in keeping a reasonably optimistic view of humanity and its progress. But he wasn't always like this...

Goethe was formerly the lead writer of the dark and troubled Sturm und Drang artistic movement, from which Romanticism sprang. However, he since heavily regretted and distanced himself from the movement, now treating it a similar way to how a rehabilitated addict would treat their old vices.
    The scandal and controversy around his bestselling novel The Sorrows of Young Werther was a likely cause for this, if not the cause. Yet it seems wherever he goes, that book follows, as it was a book so personal to him at the time, and to others at the same time in their lives, that he can't bring himself to put it behind him.

Still, he definitely prefers to be remembered for Faust, with its message of ultimate forgiveness and salvation making for a better legacy to him than Werther's cynicism. He also wouldn't mind Theory of Colours getting a bit more attention.

Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Dislikes: His older work, Romanticism, his part in Romanticism, organised religion, hatred born through nationalism
    Wish: He has been tempted to use the Grail to retroactively erase his involvement with the Sturm und Drang movement, but has to acknowledge how much of a waste that'd be of such a power. In general, a man as devoted to reason as him can only be suspicious of the Grail, especially as he has personal experience with too-good-to-be-true deals.
    Natural Enemy: His past self.
    Attribute: Star.

Parameters

Strength: *****
    Endurance: *****
    Agility: *****
    Mana: *****
    Luck: *****
    Noble Phantasm: *****

<< Skills >>
    Class Skills

Presence Concealment (Author)

Capacity to hide one's presence as a Servant.
    - Rank C: Goethe's ability to conceal himself would normally be too low for an Assassin, given his sheer fame in his lifetime. However, his status as an author combined with the Assassin class container has manifested an unique version of this Skill. Rather than hiding or disguising himself, Assassin can place himself outside the Grail War's causality of events, in other words outside the 'plot' or 'fourth wall', making Masters and other Servants unable to notice him as characters wouldn't notice their author. Concealment drops considerably when preparing to attack, or 'inserting himself into events'.

Personal Skills

Appreciation of the Arts

Infatuation with artwork.
    - Rank B: If one happens to see a Noble Phantasm that possess artistic anecdotes, there is a high chance Assassin will be able to figure out its true name.

Collector (Jewels)

Accumulation of a high quantity of objects, paired with a keen enough eye to find high quality objects.
    - Rank B: Goethe in his day was the world record holder for the largest private collection of minerals and rock samples. These would be of more help to him (and may even qualify as a NP) were he summoned as Caster, but even as Assassin they more than provide him with a Rank-Up to his Mana supply. Rank B as no uniquely notable gems (e.g. the Hope Diamond) seem to be in his collection.

Inherent Wisdom

Unparalleled natural knowledge that allows the use of learnable Skills.
    - Rank A: While most known as a playwright, Goethe's expertise also covered poetry, prose, non-fiction, optics, colour theory, geology, biology, botany, politics, pre-modern travel, city planning, fencing, riding, even dancing.

Trendsetter

The ability to inspire mimicry in others; what the servant does, others copy.
    - Rank B: Goethe spearheaded not one but two literary movements, Sturm und Drang (and by extension Romanticism) and Weimar Classicalism, his documented sojourns in Italy also inspired a travel craze and, to his utmost regret, his book The Sorrows of Young Werther not only influenced fashions and behaviours, but allegedly inspired an onslaught of copycat suicides.
    Upon encountering Assassin, a Mental Resistance Skill and/or check for a Servant to not be tempted to mimic his own actions and mannerisms.

<< Noble Phantasms >>
    Noble Phantasms

Die Leiden des Jungen Werthers
    Kill the Character to Save the Author

Type: Support

The book that became one of Assassin's most loved creations, well to everyone except himself. While it was a highly personal work at the time, his retroactive shame in leading the Sturm und Drang movement combined with the book's legacy becoming forever entangled with copycat suicides means he struggles to look upon this Phantasm with anything but disdain.

Writing down the character Werther's suicide due to unrequited love gave Goethe the emotional release to avoid doing so himself in real life. This Noble Phantasm therefore allows Assassin to conjure forth a Wraith through writing, a Wraith has only limited combat skill, yet like a migawari or reverse voodoo doll, can absorb any damage, physical, magical, or mental interference, that would otherwise be taken by Assassin. The Wraith's Endurance is equal to Assassin's own.

Due to how personally readers felt over the book, which even Goethe had to acknowledge, Assassin can also extend this NP to create Wraiths that can absorb the damage of those close to him. This additional use may be the only reason Assassin can still bring himself to use this NP, other than its practicality in a Grail War.

Die Effekt des Jungen Werthers
    A Vengeful Pelican

While Sorrows of Young Werther may have emotionally saved the life of Goethe and many of his readers, the book has also notoriously become linked in the public imagination with copycat suicides and suicide contagion, those inspired by fiction in particular. As debatably true as the original Werther suicide craze actually is, its possibility was a genuine concern at the time, leading to the book and even Werther-like clothing becoming banned in cities and countries. This dark legend has stained the book since, becoming Goethe's qualifier for the Assassin class, though all of this was accidental.

Whenever a Wraith created by Assassin is killed, the killing blow it sustained is also inflicted upon anyone who came into contact with that Wraith during its short existence, save Assassin and his Master. If the Wraith died through being whittled down, this will likely cause no great harm, but if an instant deathblow like Gae Bolg or Zabaniya: Delusional Heartbeat was used...

Paenitentium
    Faust's Final Fate

Type: Support

Beyond Werther, Goethe's retelling, nay, reimagining of the Faust tale is his most famous work. This Noble Phantasm takes not from the central thrust of the legend, the Deal with the Devil and Faust's damnation, but rather from Goethe's personal addition to the legend, that of Faust's ultimate redemption and rescue from Hell via Gretchen, (likely) Goethe's own created character.

The flipside of his Werther NPs, Paenitentium allows Assassin to write a literary salvation for anyone destined for death and damnation. In a single act of writing, he can negate a certain death, restore the saved to full health, nullify any corruption they may have accumulated. It also raises their Luck to A for a fleeting while, enough to scape whatever may have killed them in the first place, as Goethe through this NP is outright defying the saved's fate.

While this grants absolute salvation as a defiance of absolute damnation, it can only affect a single person and won't work on Goethe himself, as its basis is the redemption of another. Given that Faust and the wider Weimar Classicism movement were Goethe's own attempt to move past his Sturm und Drang days, it could also be argued that this NP already is Goetthe's 'redemption'.
    As this NP is also based on the ending to both a grand narrative and grand cycle of narratives, this momentousness also makes it Goethe's most mana-intensive Phantasm.

Blog Entries

Source: Iser

Class: Saber
    Other Classes: Avenger, Caster
    True Name: Yuenu
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Place of Origin: China (400s BC)

Parameters:

STR: C
    END: D
    AGI: B
    MGI: C
    LCK: C
    NP: B

Height: 191cm
    Weight: 130lbs
    Dislikes: Cruelty, evil people
    Talent: Wielding a sword
    Natural Enemy: Lu Bu
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Humanoid, Female, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: Yin Yang Ji
    Catalyst: A rotten bamboo pole found in an ancient forest

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance B: Her philosophy of centeredness and utilization of yin and yang have granted her a fairly high rank in this skill, allowing her to resist much modern magic.

"Breathe in, breathe out, and like so!"

Riding A: Normally she would get riding B as a result of her skill with it, but her bond with the goddess Jiutian Xuannu, a goddess noted for riding on a phoenix, has forced this up to A, allowing her to ride many different types of mounts proficiently.

"Of course I can ride things! I wonder, would a plane work well with my swordsmanship? Maybe not!"

Personal Skills:

Incarnation of a Goddess (False) A: She was believed to be the incarnation of the goddess Jiutian Xuannu, a goddess of war and longevity. Despite this not being true, the fame of it has allowed it to manifest, granting her several bonuses: She gains the ability to cast Presence Concealment on herself at rank C, her riding ranks up to rank A, and she gains a low-leveled Mana Burst of starlight.

"Me? A goddess? I'm flattered, but who would even think that?"

Chinese Martial Arts A+++: A skill that manifests her mastery over the Chinese martial arts. At rank A, one can finally be said to fully learn it. As an incredibly capable martial artist whose strategies were taught for generations to come, she gains an extremely high rank in this skill, denoting her full mastery.

"Hiyah! I have mastery!"

Training of the White Ape A: Denotes her unusual training by a white ape who claimed to be named "Old Mr. Yuan". As a skill, this has hybridised two elements. Firstly, as she was able to talk to Mr. Yuan despite his status as an ape, she gains Animal Dialogue at a medium rank. Secondly, her training involved strategies which utilized the land around her far more effectively, allowing her to gain bonuses in forested or grassland environments, for this is where she trained the most.

"Yuan.. he helped me so much! The least I can do to repay him is succeed."

Noble Phantasm(s):

Qie Ye Zi
    The Falling Leaves Are Chopped

Range: 5 meters
    Max Targets: 100 targets

The sublimation of her feat of slicing a piece of bamboo in three pieces and falling leaves in two before any of them hit the ground. This anecdote has manifested into a Noble Phantasm. When its true name is called, she, almost instantaneously, spins, striking all targets within range with precise sword strikes, far faster then the eye can see. Most levels of speed cannot evade this. In addition, it has a relatively low Mana cost for a Noble Phantasm, as it is closer to a technique then a true Noble Phantasm.

"And a one, the leaves fall, and a two, they're cut!"

Yin Yang Ji
    Unity of Yin and Yang

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 20 meters
    Max Targets: 1

The sublimation of her technique of swordsmanship, utilizing Yin and Yang to create incredible strikes. This passively manifests in a sword which she holds in her hand. It gains power the more calm she is at any given moment, with strikes being incredibly weak if she is panicking and incredibly strong if she is utterly serene. When its true name is called, she unites the two, channeling both light and shadow into a single strike.

"So... light, shadow, all the same coin. Now let's have you see every face of it."

Lore: Yuenu was a famous warrior. She began training under a white ape named "Old Mr. Yuan", which taught her many of her skills and made her become known as one of the greatest swordswomen in all of Yue. So she was invited by King Goujian to come to his palace, and after a final spar, she went. After she arrived, she taught her tactics to those at Goujian's court, and stuck around, meeting and becoming friends with one of his ministers, Fan Li. She had a rocky start, but also became extremely close friends with his wife, Xi Shi, one of the Four Great Beauties of China. But after Goujian had completed the conquering he wanted to do, he revealed his true and awful self, and she began to sour towards him, culminating in the incident where he killed Xi Shi at a beautiful river, and she snapped. She started a rebellion against Goujian, but it failed, and she was executed.

Personality: In this form, she has manifested during the days where she was still joyous, before Goujian completed his war. She is friendly, but often seclusive, preferring to meditate by streams and practice her swordsmanship as opposed to talking with people. At this stage, her wish for the grail would merely be to hone her swordsmanship even more.

Relationships:

Xi Shi: "Hello! How have you been? It's absolutely wonderful to see you!"

Yu Mei-Ren: "..Immortality? That sounds absolutely wonderful."

Qin Shi Huang: "...Why is the First Emperor a peacock robot?"

Wu Zetian: "Oh. A pleasure to meet the great queen who brought prosperity to China."

Lu Bu: "Your cruelty is... unideal."

Gao Changgong: "I am impressed by your swordsmanship skills. Would you like to have a spar?"
    Last edited by jishara; July 3rd, 2023 at 10:45 AM.

Blog Entries
    Huh, weird that my Servant sheets have ended up as the last post of a page twice in a row now.

Anyway, Yuenu's a pretty decent sheet given what little knowledge we have available about her legend (at least in English). I like her being characterised as a more innocent hermit type, since stoic warrior woman' would be the more obvious assumption. I guess I would've emphasised her Jiutian Xuannu connection more, but that's just me

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NailsInYourFeet View Post
    Huh, weird that my Servant sheets have ended up as the last post of a page twice in a row now.

Anyway, Yuenu's a pretty decent sheet given what little knowledge we have available about her legend (at least in English). I like her being characterised as a more innocent hermit type, since stoic warrior woman' would be the more obvious assumption. I guess I would've emphasised her Jiutian Xuannu connection more, but that's just me
    Thanks for your comments The Jiutian Xuannu connection will come out more as a Caster, while Avenger is her after everything happened