Page 491 of 620 FirstFirst ... 391441481486489490491492493496501541591 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,820 of 12385

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Quote Originally Posted by Cing Krimson Requiem View Post
    Alpamys

I remember making a Grand Archer sheet for Nayenezgani some time ago that was a bit similar, with the whole "fighting a Velber" and even wandering down to Mesoamerica. (And immediately getting jumped by ORT) This kinda puts me back in the mood to rework him, since he was a bit barebones when I first made his sheet.
    Do it. The fate clearly wants you to.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lune is back, a joyous day.
    I like the sheet. Kullervo fulfilled his goal, right? So making him a proper Servant is actually harder than usual. Taking the sword as a stand-in is a neat idea.
    "the blade is the edge we made along the way"
    BnEl, we found a good quote if you ever want a tattoo

Rose: peak waifu material faceclaim
    idk who she is, but I adore this art.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    "the blade is the edge we made along the way"
    BnEl, we found a good quote if you ever want a tattoo
    *Opens notebook*
    "Chuuni Avenger Servant... crystallizes negative emotions into cool sword... opposed by... shonen protag Saber from the same epic... uses their friends' weapons... awesome super NP when they combine the weapons together..."
    *Scraps paper, tosses it into my mountain of perpetually unrealized ideas*
    Last edited by BnEl15; September 24th, 2022 at 09:46 AM.

Blog Entries
    I personally have the Anaye be the Americas version of the giants aka born from the of the dormant body of veiber 1 which was taken down by the four Tezcatlipocas

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I read the original nayenezgani sheet and I think it would work much better thematically to have him be the one who took down velber 1 due to the theme of human self reliance and his title of “slayer of alien gods”.

Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    I read the original nayenezgani sheet and I think it would work much better thematically to have him be the one who took down velber 1 due to the theme of human self reliance and his title of “slayer of alien gods”.
    Now I feel interested. Do you have a link?

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries

Thanks NINE, turns out you are a good person afterall. Maybe I will make a Tamerlane sheet if you reaaally want to.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Spot the slash emperor reference by the way.

Spot the slash emperor reference by the way.
    Huh, there is a whole TM novel I knew nothing about. How damn big is the Nasuverse?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreadNomad View Post
    Huh, there is a whole TM novel I knew nothing about. How damn big is the Nasuverse?
    Short answer? Yes

Long answer? Too damn big for it all to be as good as it is, but the writers manage to make most of it pretty apealing anyways.
    Gaze upon the Throne of Heroes!(Servant Compendium)

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    Short answer? Yes

Long answer? Too damn big for it all to be as good as it is, but the writers manage to make most of it pretty apealing anyways.
    Nice to know there is still good stuff to read about.
    Last edited by ThreadNomad; September 24th, 2022 at 02:09 PM.

Blog Entries

Foreigner - Harold Holt

Foreigner of Point Nepean

(By Kuroiwa Madoka)

“What are the odds of a Prime Minster drowning? Ahem, that may not have been one of my best ‘articulated’ quotations…”

True Name:
    Harold Holt
    Alt. Classes: Lancer, Archer (Gunner)
    Source: History
    Region: Australia
    Catalyst: Sand gathered from Cheviot Beach
    Armament: Fishing spear, gun, but most notably R’lyehian tendrils

Character: “R’lyeh may not be the… easiest nation to maintain relationships with, but maintain Australia must. One mistake, and our entire nation could be gone.”

Australian Liberal Prime Minister simultaneously lauded for his approachable personality and loosening of immigration, but also tainted by his unwavering support for the Vietnam War and having helped cause a recession. All this though has now been eclipsed in the public mind by his death, or lack thereof.

A government member for the longest time before finally becoming Prime Minister, history records Holt has having won in an uncontested election. But if such an election seems too good to be true, it may well have been. In secret, Holt had gone down extreme means to secure the election, calling upon the collective denizens of R’lyeh to grant him victory, fearing if he didn’t do so first that R’lyeh would ally (much as the creatures of R’lyeh can even ‘ally’) with the Communists instead. In his mind, Australia needed the favour of any non-Communist power it could get.

While the powers of the R’lyeh masses granted him his victory, in return they would doom his soul to add to their masses. On a visit to the otherwise restricted Cheviot Beach along Australia’s southern shores, Holt was then dragged beneath the waves and presumed dead, all before his first term was even over.

As Foreigner, he is eager to get involved with any battle for the Grail, beyond even his normal sense of responsibility as a politician. This may be in part out of insecurity over how disappointingly short-lived his WWII involvement was, or more seriously a belief that the survival of the free world wholly depends on winning the Grail.

Attribute:
    Earth/Beast
    Alignment: Lawful Mad
    Likes: Poetry, sports, mass media, politicians like Robert Menzies and Lyndon B. Johnson
    Dislikes: Communism, economics, religion, mentioning his miniscule war record
    Relationships:

• Kullervo: “Your Finland cannot play nice with Communism, you’re either for or against- Wait, what do you mean by ‘after your time?’”
    • Rose Mackenberg: “Thing about fortune-telling is we’re all bound to fate either way.”
    • Kafka: “They’ll really let anyone into the Foreigner club, will they? Such a dour face too, rather puts one off your appearance.”
    • Black Dahlia: “I was there when such a lovely lady as you grew infamous as an unsolved mystery. To think the same would happen to me…”
    • Ngunaitponi: “Ah, I take it you are here to, er, discuss reparations then? Perpetual motion, how fascinating.”
    • Alfonso X: “I’d see our Spanish representative believes in the confines of destiny too. Hah, perhaps Spain-Australia relationships can improve?”
    • Ataturk: “Ah, one of our nation’s most oddly revered opponents. It’s certainly an occasion meeting you.”
    • Omegarus: “The future hardly sounds a pleasant place, but at least those Commies are gone, eh?”
    • Luo Guanzhong: “I’d doubt you’d find the same inspiration writing about China’s miserable present- Ahem, would you stop calling me a ‘loose end’?”

Master: Will be attracted to any Master from a political background (especially if they remind him of LBJ), though that may be rare given most mages don’t like getting involved in mundane politics.
    Natural Enemy: Arthur Calwell, Mao Zedong
    Wish: For R’lyeh to become the guardian of the ‘free world’, ignoring that said world wouldn’t be free for long then.
    Rarity: 2/5

Parameters

• Strength: ***** D
    • Endurance: ***** C
    • Agility: ***** C
    • Magic: ***** C
    • Luck: ***** E
    • Noble Phantasm: ***** B

Class Skills

Existence Outside the Domain

Denotes a being from the void of outer space.

• Rank B: Foreigner has become Australia’s unofficial ambassador to the Sunken City of R’lyeh and all its unworldly creatures. R’lyeh and has no agreed upon location other than somewhere in the ocean, and by its nature likely has no comprehensible ‘human’ location. However, it is commonly narrowed down to Point Nemo in the southern Pacific Ocean, the farthest point on Earth from land. Given the instability of the Liberal Party in the years since, it can be theorized that R'lyeh's curse still lingers.

Insanity

The madness of those who encounter and try to bargain with the Outer Gods.

• Rank B: A constant fear for Australia’s own security against a Communist domino effect that has been jammed in his mind even after the end of the Cold War. After contracting with R’lyeh, has become the belief that all sacrifices, reasonable or not, must be made for Australia’s ‘protection’.

Personal Skills

Charisma

A composite Skill consisting of charm and the natural talent to command or unify an army or country. Increases the ability of allies during group battles.

• Rank B+: A level above a king as Foreigner was elected by his country and in a landslide victory too, rather than inheriting it. Was also noted for his effective use of media. However, summoned as Foreigner with the ‘people’ of R’lyeh behind him, this skill has evolved from any natural charisma to something more like group brainwashing.

Credit Crunch

Ability to limit others’ means of coming into wealth.

• Rank B: His credit squeeze on loans back in his Treasurer days has been credited as causing or at least propelling a recession in Australia. Foreigner can lower the Golden Rule Skill of any opponent by half. All the extra money is added to R’lyeh’s ‘vault’ due to him being summoned as Foreigner, not that the city necessarily needs it.

Fatalism

A philosophy that doubts, if not denies, the existence of free will.

• Rank B: Upon encountering Foreigner, a saving throw is needed to keep any Servant’s Luck Rank from being lowered by one. While not religious himself, to the point of not seeing the danger of treating R’lyeh as a political ally, Foreigner was a strong believer in concepts like destiny.

Speaker of the Sunken City

Role as the human ambassador to R’lyeh.

• Rank A: Foreigner has become R’lyeh’s diplomatic connection to not just Australia, but the whole world. Well, he could use the term ‘diplomatic connection’, but R’lyeh’s residents themselves wouldn’t call it that. This allows access to R’lyeh from anywhere on the globe, and to use R’lyehian tendrils as weapons and extra appendages. The Horrors of R’lyeh may be seen as Divine in nature, or at least of equal power to that, but to the agnostic Foreigner they’re simply the citizens of a powerful allied country, like the USA.

<<Cut Skill>>[All Kinds of Talents

Displaying of talent in multiple fields.

Rank C: Has access to athletic activities like cricket, football, swimming, and fishing as well as political duties like diplomacy, rhetoric, and administration, all at Rank D.]

Noble Phantasm

Cheviot Current
    From Point Nepean to Point Nemo

Type: Anti-Army

The powerful current off the south shores of the State of Victoria, which dragged Foreigner down into the ocean that unfortunate day at the forbidden Cheviot Beach. The current that, in exchange for the unnatural powers of R’lyeh granting him electoral victory and protection against Communist forces, claimed his soul for the Sunken, non-Euclidean City.

Through R’lyeh’s deterioration of worldly logic, Foreigner can recreate the rushing tide off Cheviot without even needing to be in the water, creating an identical vortex in the air and land by warping and twisting space. It is a belief that wherever one is in the world, even if they’re nowhere near a restricted, secluded beach, that one cannot escape their own fated tide there to drag them down.

While it is possible to escape with great enough Strength and Endurance, probably the best way to resist it is with Luck, given how the Phantasm also ties into Foreigner's own view of fate. Pity though he has a Skill specifically designed to thwart anyone all too lucky.

This distortion of space is additionally useful for Foreigner as it can leave no trace of a defeated opponent. That way, people won’t know they’re even dead until forced to face the inevitable, though even then that still won’t tell anyone he killed them. The body is of course dragged down to R'lyeh, a plane of warped existence where any Servant who survives the current may wish they have died.

If summoned as Archer, he could manifest the largely unused artillery at Fort Nepean from his fleeting time in World War II. As Lancer, he could use his fishing spear to create a similar if less wide-ranging effect to the above Phantasm by wrapping the current around it.

Notes: His Noble Phantasm was originally going to be more water-specific, but I felt that'd make it too close to the Noble Phantasm given to Foreigner Clement I, so I played up R'lyeh warping space. R'lyeh in general is also a bit of an odd choice for a Foreigner patron, but I figured having him bonded with a city would make more sense for a politician
    Last edited by NailsInYourFeet; September 25th, 2022 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Noble Phantasm expansion

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    sigh
    A recent dude with no real fame to speak of, who's only noteworthy thing is drowning becomes a Foreigner because...fuck why not?
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

I agree. Foreigner class was a mistake

Blog Entries
    Yeah, even as a Real Australian Patriot, I can't say that I approve Holt of all people being Servant-worthy at all.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I think y’all are going a little too ham on the modern servant shit. I love modern servants and all but this is a little too far.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle MuramasaMachII's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In life there is suffering. This is unavoidable. Behind this suffering is craving. Allow me to show you the way…

That is, the way to 「Nirvana」
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ◂Watcher▸
    Of the Eight-Fold Path
    Ajita

Class: Watcher
    Other Classes: -Saver
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Origin: Buddhist Mythology
    Height/Weight:???/???
    Attribute: Heaven
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Strength: C
    Endurance: A
    Agility: C
    Mana: B+
    Luck: A+
    NP:A+++
    ~~~~~~~~~
    ~◂Extra Info▸~
    Dislikes: Temptation, craving, dukha
    Talent: Becoming the Saver of Dharma
    Natural Enemy: Kama/Mara
    Armament: Shakujōs/Hands
    Catalyst: A Master who wishes to cure suffering

~~~~~~~~~~

Class Skills

Magic Resistance B

A Skill common to many Classes. Watcher resists Magecraft because his very existence is a Mystery in itself. The individual who will become the Dharma-restorer. One who resides in the heavens, yet descends to Earth.
    Universal Bird’s Eye View -

A Skill that would normally grant Watcher the power to understand anything in a certain radius. But, he has sealed it, deciding that he will put himself on the level of humans instead.

Watcher A

A Skill that represents Watcher’s “special contract status” with his Master. In Watcher’s case, he can either appear to his Master in small visions or dreams. Otherwise, he summons two Shadows to help.
    ◂The Shadows▸]
    The First

”Greetings. I am the General of Dharma, the Great One’s principal disciple. Allow me to grace you with the wisdom that you need.”

The Second

”Hello there. I don't know why I am summoned in this form. A question for you, Master: What is the sound of one hand clapping?”

Territory Infringement B

The ability to bypass any manner of security, no matter the origin. When Watcher or his Shadows are visible, humans allow them to just walk past upon staring at their perpetually kind and compassionate nature. Furthermore, Watcher seems to carry a concept of “opening gates” and “removing obstacles to his path”.

Divinity B

Watcher is known as Maitreya, the Final Buddha, before he became enlightened. Furthermore, the two Shadows in his Saint Graph became enlightened themselves.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ~◂Personal Skills▸~Pali Ti-ratana A

The Three Jewels. One of the most important concepts of Buddhism, saying that one must refuge in the Buddha, Dharma and Sangha. Watcher manifests this Skill as his personal trial, and gift, detailing as such. Buddha is following Watcher’s advice, and thus responds in giving Watcher’s Master a pseudo-Skill of Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig at the rank of D. Dharma is aiding Watcher in spreading his advice and aid, and thus gives the Master a low-ranked version of Restorer of the Dharma. Finally, Sangha makes it that Watcher’s Master must collaborate with other Servants or Masters in their journey, granting the Master Charisma C.

Zazen B

A term in Japanese Buddhism meaning “Seated meditation.” A Skill not belonging to Watcher, but rather his second Shadow. As his personal Trial, it details that the Master must always look out for the truth, try to be positive, and act mindful. In return, Watcher’s master gains a mental interference and magic resistance which is especially effective against illusion Magecraft.

Kalaripayattu:Prajna Bestowal A++

The final trial, and one owned by Watcher’s first Shadow. Composed of a modified Kalaripayattu Skill, this makes it so that the Master and Watcher’s first Shadow must spar everyday until the Master is proficient in the art of combat. Of course, the gift is this Skill itself, an art of combat with an absolute wise mind. The Skills Tactics and Calm and Collected are also included at two-ranks lower than this Skill.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lore
    The main entity of Watcher’s Saint Graph is Ajita. He is the Esoteric Buddhist version of the Messiah, who will descend to Earth and restore the Dharma. In this form, Ajita is specifically Maitreya before he became enlightened, and was just a monk.

The first Shadow of Watcher is Sariputra. Known as the Buddha’s right-hand disciple, and the General of Dharma, he had a key role as a leader in Buddha’s followers. Furthermore, he is commonly thought to have developed or written the Abhidharma, a scholastic representation of the sutras. If summoned as a Heroic Spirit by himself, he would make an excellent military support Caster.

The second and final Shadow composing Watcher’s Saint Graph is Dōgen Zenji, the founder of the Sōtō school of Zen in Japan, which happens to also be the oldest school of Zen in Japan. As a Heroic Spirit, he could be summoned as a Caster or a Ruler.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Noble Phantasm(s)
    ”Awaken, O bones of the Great One. Manifest, Third Heaven. Beneath the Bodhi tree, the Messiah shall awaken───Tusita Avataara.”

Tusita Avataara
    Descent of the Foreseen Messiah

Type:Anti-Unit

A Noble Phantasm representing both the descent of Ajita, and his enlightenment, becoming Maitreya. Once all of Watcher’s trials are deemed completed, he invokes the Noble Phantasm’s True Name. This causes the skies to open up above Watcher’s Master, and glowing human bones descend from the sky. Symbolising the bones of Gautama Buddha, they absorb into the Master, with Watcher’s Saint Graph and Spirit Origin serving as the final pieces. Thus, Watcher is no more, and something else is born…and the Master is transformed into the Pseudo-Servant Saver Ajita=Maitreya.

Quotes and Relationships

”Who am I? Nobody really. Just a simple monk who wants to show you the truth you seek.Well… we’re not really nobody, and you know that. But, just you wait.. Wisdom and patience are virtues after all.

”I just love koans. They’re so… interesting. So paradoxical, yet so meaningful. Here’s a good one: ‘out of nowhere, the mind comes forth.’”

Buddha:
    *All three of them manifest and kneel* “My lord! It is excellent to see we have you with us! Truly we are protected and lucky!”

Xuanzang Sanzang:
    Ah, another one of Master’s disciples. I am one of his principal disciples, nice to meet you. Huh? Why are you so… energetic!? This might be an issue..

Author’s Note
    Well, this is a rather wanked sheet. It is also part one of a two-part series. Part 2 will probably be Saver Ajita=Maitreya. Hope you liked it.

Blog Entries
    So I've just put together a new Create-A-Servant index, continuing on past the previous one back on Page 451. Might edit in the Contest Servants later, for now let me know if any mistakes have been made

Blog Entries
    Holy crap, you need to be nerfed. Incredibly appreciated, and that's coming from someone who barely even uses the index.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024