Page 91 of 620 FirstFirst ... 418186899091929396101141191591 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 12385

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    damn, thats fast. But yeah faceclaims can be a pain. I always wonder how all find theirs
    What should i say i have collected on Pinterest around 1000 pics but even then doesnt i have one that is like rthe Image in my mind .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anju Addams View Post
    I use sites like Danbooru (NSFW) Gelbooru (NSFW) Safebooru and Zerochan as they are pretty good with their tagging system to find good faceclaims - though mostly anime ones. DeviantArt can help as well surprisingly.
    Have you took a look at my Teshub Anju because i would be curious to hear your oppinion ? and i hope for everyone here that we can celebrate a Christmas like which we are used .
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

I've written some drafts of a Servant sheet, and I've been having trouble with the Skills the most because I didn't want to make something up for a purpose that was already filled by a preexisting skill. I've gotten over that, and now I'm trying to figure out a Noble Phantasm that isn't just him Hulking out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DecieverSupreme View Post
    I've written some drafts of a Servant sheet, and I've been having trouble with the Skills the most because I didn't want to make something up for a purpose that was already filled by a preexisting skill. I've gotten over that, and now I'm trying to figure out a Noble Phantasm that isn't just him Hulking out.
    and About which Servant is it going ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Have you took a look at my Teshub Anju because i would be curious to hear your oppinion?
    It's an interesting idea you've come up with although I'm not fond of fanmade Servant Classes.

I'm assuming this might be a Berserker? I can offer some advice but as Koga said, you may want to let us know their True Name.
    Pronouns - She/Her
    Winner of the Legendary Jack-Off
    TRANS LIVES MATTER

Top Five Favourite Servants

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anju Addams View Post
    It's an interesting idea you've come up with although I'm not fond of fanmade Servant Classes.

I am glad to hear that Anju !aside that what do you say would you like to see my Teshub in a Anime Adaption and how do ou think of my Remainer class ?
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; November 25th, 2020 at 05:02 PM.

The Servant I'm working on is La Hire as a Berserker. I was thinking about theming his NP after angels of wrath and the like, though the ones I had in mind, Af and Chemah, don't have anything to do with his history. Maybe it could work if I made them false reflections of the real thing?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Servant I'm working on is La Hire as a Berserker. I was thinking about theming his NP after angels of wrath and the like, though the ones I had in mind, Af and Chemah, don't have anything to do with his history. Maybe it could work if I made them false reflections of the real thing?
    Yeah, La Hire is someone I figured would be hard to make good NPs for. His legend is interesting what with being a mercenary for Jeanne D'arc and all, but he lacks any flashy feats that would really make for unique NPs. Syncretizing him with some divine wrath/punishment figures based on his title is probably the best you could go for. Though you could say that rather than him actually being blessed by the angel of wrath or whatever, it's just his sheer overwhelming conviction that he's doing God's will manifesting in him being able to tap into similar abilities (a la Protection Of The Faith).

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    interesting idea to use those angels. they are responsible for the deaths of men and beasts, having them together could mean his anger blurred the lines in his case and made both necessary. Maybe that is the reason he has them both, because they were following him and argued of sorts who may reap him? And their presence passively fueled his anger even more as they are representations of gods fury. He died of an illness? Guess an angel associated with something like that stepped in to solve the issue. But in the end what i imagine right now is just "him hulking out" more and more because of the presence of those angels, but maybe he cant die as long those reflections are intact.
    And i would make them look like knave of hearts, those angels are bound together and are actually weird anyways

Blog Entries
    za blod on la hire's zword iz almost dry

I was Honestly Attracted to the Idea of Making a Servant so I made an Account and got my thinking Cap on, Here’s the Results of me rolling for Angra Mainyu and being Depressed at how many people say that Abura Mazda does not exist, come on dudes this is Type-Moon, of course they Exist in an alternate reality with Magical Girls and True Deamons.

Appearance
    https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...51/528/a2d.jpg

True Name: Spenta Mainyu(Holy, Creative Spirit, Mentality)
    Height/Weight: __
    Source: Zoroastrianism
    Region: Ancient Persia
    Alignment: Neutral Good  Gender: __
    Class: Gatekeeper, Demi-Servant
    Alternative Class: Saver, Ruler, Shielder
    Attribute: Star
    Parameters
    Str: D
    End: D
    Agi: C
    Mana: EX
    Lck: A
    NP: EX (Three Fold Path Of Asha: The Purest Essence in Thoughts, Words, And Deeds), A (Avesta: The Universal Revelation of Inscribed Creation), C (Sacred Kushti and Sudreh)

Personality
    There is not one Spenta Mainyu as Spenta Mainyu is a Title like Angra Mainyu. Those that choose to take the task of Defeating Angra Mainyu(All The Worlds Evil) Willing Remove their Names from the Avesta Records and become the Holy Spirit known as Spenta Mainyu. Most Incarnation of Spenta Mainyu are Zealots dedicated to their Faith with a Passion that rivals Joan of Arc and would Gladly endure any type of Suffer if it aligned with their Faith. The Current Incarnation of Spenta Mainyu is a young soft spoken Girl that has followed her faith since birth. a kind fellow who has no problems making new friends, although she can get rather shy at first. However don’t let think that she is a Pushover, this Young Lady would go through Multiple Hells(Battlefields) if it ment saving one more. She’s especially dedicated to her Job of Defeating(Annoying) and Reforming(Stalking) Angra Mainyu, now if only that Lazy Bones Angra Mainyu would Stop Avoiding Them.

Class Skills
    Magic Resistance: EX
    Like Joan Spenta Mainyu demonstrates high Anti-Magic Resistance, the Reason is much the same as Joan, they Aren’t exactly nullifying but Averting(Evading) MageCraft All together.

True Name Discernment: EX
    Blessed by the Gods of Zoroastrisme Spenta Mainyu Gains the Ability to know both Names, Deeds, Skills, and Parameters Spenta Mainyu Chooses to Investigate. The Normal Ranking would be B but Avesta Ranks up True Name Discernment to more of an Exception.

Territory Infringement: A
    The Ability to Infringe with little to no Consequences on themselves and/or Breaking the hold a being has on that Territory.
    Personal Skill
    Six Amesha Spentas:_
    The Spirits of Ahura Mazda Blessing and Judgement, as long as the Possessed Individual continues to Follow the Path Of Asha their Blessing are Assured, go against these Mandates and the Gods turn their backs on the Current Spenta Mainyu.
    {Vohu Manah- Good mind and [Good]Purpose
    Asha Vahishta- [Best] Truth/Righteousness
    Spenta Ameraiti- [Holy] Devotion, Serenity and Loving Kindness
    Khashathra Vairya- [Dominion]Power and Just Rule
    Hauravatat- [Wholesome]Wholesomeness and Health
    Ameretat- [Long Life and Immortality]}

Revelation: A
    A Skill equivalent to "Instinct". Instinct is a sixth sense regarding battles, but "Revelation" accommodates all matters related to the achievement of a goal (for instance, choosing the most suitable path while traveling). Because there is no basis (so she thinks), it cannot be explained well to others.

Mana Burst(Light): A
    A subspecies of Mana Burst that is allowed only to saints, holy maidens, and holy knights. It endows Spenta Mainyu with an advantage against the evil-aligned.

Protection of Faith: A+++
    A Skill possessed only by those who have sacrificed themselves for a religious view. Despite being called divine protection, it is not a blessing from a higher existence. It is nothing but the absoluteness of one’s body and mind that was born from their beliefs. ....If it is too high, it causes abnormalities in the personality.

Miracle: E~EX(Proportionate to A+++)
    Miracles that make the impossible possible. Although a part of this has similarities with the Pioneer of the Stars Skill, it is something essentially different. This Skill Scales Tremendously Against Beasts and True Evils, but is mostly ineffectual against other Alignments or Attributes. With E Rank it allows for the Current Miracle of a Human being turned into a Demi-Servant without Issue. Ironically the current incarnation of Angra Mainyu is not a True Evil but thanks to his Title as [All The Worlds Evil] this Sill still scales to B rank when going up against them at the least.

Baptism Rite: A
    As one of The oldest Religions Recorded and Acknowledged by Man that’s still Practiced today this Personal Skill Retains it’s Ranking Despite the Degrading Faith. A type of magecraft that changed style into a church form. It is effective on a spiritual body, but in this Rank it can also substantially Harm Evil Aligned Physical Beings.
    Spoiler
    "I will kill. I will let live. I will harm and heal. None will escape me. None will escape my sight.
    Be crushed.
    I welcome those who have grown old and those who have lost.
    Devote yourself to me, learn from me, and obey me.
    Rest. Do not forget song, do not forget prayer, and do not forget me.
    I am light and relieve you of all your burdens.
    Do not pretend. Retribution for forgiveness, betrayal for trust, despair for hope, darkness for light, dark death for the living.
    Relief is in my hands. I will add oil to your sins and leave a mark.
    Eternal life is given through death.
    — Ask for forgiveness here. I, the incarnation, will swear.
    — Kyrie eleison".

I kill, I give life. I injure, I heal. There are none who escape from my hands. There are none who escape from my eyes.
    May it be so that you are shattered.
    I welcome the defeated, the aged. Surrender to me, learn from me, obey me.
    May you be at rest.
    Do not forget the song, do not forget the prayer, do not forget me .I relieve you of all burdens.
    May it be so that there is no deception.
    Retaliation unto forgiveness, betrayal unto belief, despair unto hope, darkness unto light, death unto life.
    May you rest in my hands. Let there be mark of your sins. Eternal life is found only in death.
    Forgiveness is before you, and so my incarnation vows.
    "May God have mercy of this soul (Lord, have mercy )"

Wisdom of the Benevolent Gods: A
    A Skill that shows that one taught many people. Other than those that are burdens of the body (divinity, etc) and those characteristic of other heroes, many skills can be exhibited at A-rank. The Skill has Degraded due to the Limited Understanding of Man and the Decline in Faith.

Uncrowned Martial Arts:_
    A personal Skill Passed down from Spenta Mainyu to Spenta Mainyu, due to being Unrecognized Figured who has Protected Many Realms. To opponents, the rank of one's sword, spear, bow, Riding and Divinity appears to be one degree lower than what it actually is. If his True Name is revealed, this effect will be terminated

Divinity C
    As a Holy Figure Endowed with the Blessing of Multiple Deities and Given a Sacred Mission destined to Face Angra Any Incarnation of Mainyu Spenta Mainyu will Gain a Minor Divinity Trait. The Rank would be Higher as one of the forces that oppose Evil but due to the decline in Faith the Rank has Degraded.

Noble Phantasm
    Three Fold Path Of Asha: The Purest Essence in Thoughts, Words, And Deeds
    Type: Barrier/Bound Field/Anti-Evil

A Barrier Type Noble Phantasm that manifests the three steps of Asha’s Path. Those within the Barrier Gain two out of Three Paths directly related to the threefold motto of Asha and Immunity to Attacks while in the Barrier.
    Humata- Extract and Focus, a Buff on Mental Resistance and Removal of any Mental Debuff.(Defense Up, Debuff Resistance, Buff Removal Resistance Up, 1 Turn Invulnerability) “What is the purest essence in thought? It is the pristine, original in the mind of the good and virtuous.”

Hukhta- to utter, express, and desire, an increase in spirit, expression, and Execution(Quick Up, Absorption Up, Quick Damage Up, Star Absorption Up)“What is the purest essence in utterance? It is the effective counsel to the spirit/mind, the auspicious mantra.”

Hvarshta- to come to pass, to become, that which is the process of happening, to Act(Arts Up, Arts Absorption, NP Gen Up, NP Gen from Ack, NP Overcharge)”What is the purest essence in enterprise, action? It is the praise of virtue, excellence and goodness first and above all other things in the world.”

Bonus 1 in 10 Extra Effect.

“The marvelous power of truth lay not in crying it out loudly, but in the purest essence, nectar in thoughts, words, and deeds, the guidance of the Spirit of Wisdom and worship of the yazatás or the ADORABLE VIRTUES/QUALTIES of an ALL GOOD and WISE GOD.”(Heal Up, Heal Rate Up, HP Regan, Max HP Up)

Avesta: The Universal Revelation of Inscribed Creation
    Type: Support Type
    A Support Type Noble Phantasm that has recorded every accurately and correctly out of its own violation. It containing every single piece of Information on everything ever created, born, grown or brought into this world. The only problem is that it’s almost incomprehensible if you don’t have any proper education in whatever they wish to learn about. It’s good for Spying and learning about on Enemies with a few minor exceptions(Angra Mainyu, Foreigners, Daemons) but without the proper knowledge that’s about it.

(Sacred Kushti and Sudreh)
    Type: Support Type
    Holy Shrouds of Zoroastrianism a Noble Phantasm with a Focus on repelling Curses. It can Repel other forms of low rank MageCraft but it’s mostly centered around Curses making it pretty lack luster defense against higher tier MagiCraft and Sorcery. It provides D rank Defense against physical damage.

Misc: Keys of Povidence, Holy Shrouds of various Saints

Lmao I made them Angra Mainyu’s Best and Worst Friend, like most of his Personal Skills and one of their Noble Phantasm is tailored to kicking his ass while the other one is made as a support Skill that basically makes him not useless.
    Last edited by Chuck12; November 25th, 2020 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Yeah, La Hire is someone I figured would be hard to make good NPs for. His legend is interesting what with being a mercenary for Jeanne D'arc and all, but he lacks any flashy feats that would really make for unique NPs. Syncretizing him with some divine wrath/punishment figures based on his title is probably the best you could go for. Though you could say that rather than him actually being blessed by the angel of wrath or whatever, it's just his sheer overwhelming conviction that he's doing God's will manifesting in him being able to tap into similar abilities (a la Protection Of The Faith).
    I can't say my version of La Hire is zealous enough for this to apply, though I might be able to make it work if I come up with some fitting penalties.

interesting idea to use those angels. they are responsible for the deaths of men and beasts, having them together could mean his anger blurred the lines in his case and made both necessary. Maybe that is the reason he has them both, because they were following him and argued of sorts who may reap him? And their presence passively fueled his anger even more as they are representations of gods fury. He died of an illness? Guess an angel associated with something like that stepped in to solve the issue. But in the end what i imagine right now is just "him hulking out" more and more because of the presence of those angels, but maybe he cant die as long those reflections are intact.
    And i would make them look like knave of hearts, those angels are bound together and are actually weird anyways
    I think I'm going to do the reverse of this, where the angels are manifestations of his rage as well as some other issues instead of being the real thing causing his outbursts. Also, making the angels look like the Jack of Hearts is a really good bit of flavor. I might find a way to bring that into the final product.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    za blod on la hire's zword iz almost dry
    DO YOUR WORST, YOU ENGLISH FOP

Blog Entries
    Raphael: Nice, finally Baki as a faceclaim. I like his NP a lot. Bethesda basically allows others to get a healing buff from just licking his sweat, making me question what actually that vial of miracle cure is. But i like the most the interpretation of Dudael, really creative and fitting. Great sheet.

Dapunta: Well another creative servant of Kamerad of biblical proportions both in scale, description and choice of words. Great as usual. How long do you sit on your sheets?
    Thank you. Originally he was going to be a more traditional healer but then I got the idea that maybe he used some kind of submission hold to restrain Azazel and ran with it.

Blog Entries
    Spenta Mainyu: Interesting take on a figure that's basically "Counter-Angra". Given you mentioned anyone who chooses to bear the role essentially "becomes" Spenta Mainyu, I take it's a case like Hassan or Robin Hood where multiple Servants can be summoned under the same True Name (with somewhat differing powers and abilities)? I will say the imagery of her following (stalking) Angra Mainyu around and constantly challenging him to duels in an attempt to "redeem" him is pretty amusing.

Her having the Baptism Sacrament Skill strikes me as a little dubious when the description specifically notes it's a Church sacrament, and Spenta Mainyu is definitely not a Christian. You could justify it by invoking Zoroastrianism's status as precursor to the three Monotheistic religions but it still seems a little weak, and unnecessary given her Miracle Skill already carries many of the same effects. In particular she definitely shouldn't be using Kirei's very Christian "Kyrie Eleison" chant while using it. I'm also not quite sure what her Six Amesha Spentas Skill does in practical terms, though I guess it's more of a "flavor" Skill. In my imagining it'd work like Hijikata's Shinsengumi Laws Skill where her stats are boosted the more she follows the virtues and are given penalties upon breaking them.

Aside from that I think your formatting would look better if you set Personal and Class Skills apart more, like maybe writing them in bold while the individual Skill names are in italics or something. Not much but it'd make things look a bit more polished IMO. In general, pretty good for your first sheet! Looking forward to seeing more of you here in the future...

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Saber of Poitiers
    "Omigosh, I'm, like, soo totally glad to see you! You must be the one who summoned me, yeah? The name's Guinevere, and I'm a Ca- EEEEEEHH!? W-Wait, whaddaya mean I'm a Saber!? Aaagh, that's, like, a total bummer! Anyway, you better keep me off the front lines, you hear me!? Like, I'm being totes serious here. It'd be a reaaal shame for a queen like me to get her dress dirty, after all. I'm sure you can totally get the feeling, amirite?"

Source

"Answer me this, my dear advisor. What do you think is necessary for a woman to survive in my time? Beauty? Intelligence? While having those would certainly grant you some privileges, they're all so unreliable, so fleeting. The only thing you need is power; nothing more, nothing less. And so I took it."

Class: Saber
    Other Classes: Rider, Caster

True Name: Guinevere?Eleanor of Aquitaine
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Origin: Arthurian Legend?France (12th century)

Parameters:

STR: C
    END: D
    AGI: B
    MGI: B
    LCK: A
    NP: B++

Likes: Fashion, courtly love, modern-day luxuries, gossip, Arthurian legends
    Dislikes: Gender discrimination, incompetence, people who hinder her plans
    Talent: Scheming, ruling, taking care of others, acting
    Natural Enemy: Arthur Pendragon?Henry II, Rosamund Clifford
    Armament: Excalibur(?), Crown Jewels of England
    Catalyst: A crystal vase dating to the 12th century, displayed in a certain abbey in Paris

Class Skills
    Riding (B)

A Class Skill denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill, even vehicles that did not exist in the time period one was alive in, for they are no exception. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts.

Magic Resistance (B+)

Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancels spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected. This Skill also receives a minor positive modifier due to a number of anti-magecraft artifacts and talismans contained within the Crown Jewels of England.

Personal Skills
    Mother's Advice (A)

A Skill denoting Saber's feat of gradually turning her sons and her people against her husband, indirectly supporting her rise to power. A devious Skill with effects similar to Beautiful Princess and Incitement. Whenever Saber assumes her more caring, motherly side, her words and actions are laced with a powerful mental interference magecraft. Those affected will feel a strong compulsion to serve Saber and follow her every word. A Skill befitting of one who rules at the very top, as opposed to one who fights at the front lines.

Magecraft (Crown Jewels) (B)

Knowledge about modern Thaumaturgy. While Saber herself was not too familiar with magecraft during her lifetime, she possesses the Crown Jewels of England due to her authority as queen. Some of these crown jewels function as mystic codes, allowing Saber to use several types of magecraft to assist her in combat. That said, due to her lack of experience wielding these mystic codes, its range is relatively limited despite its power and versatility.

Authority Exchange (D)

A Skill born from an anecdote during Saber's time leading the second crusade. While she initially only came to accompany her husband (the true leader of the crusade), Saber's superior leadership and negotiation skills allowed her to gradually take center stage and lead the army, with her husband posing as her attendant rather than a king, under the guise of protecting him from assassinations. This Skill embodies the concept of "exchanging positions", allowing Saber to seemingly "exchange" her identity with another individual as long as both of them remain within a 100 meter radius of each other. When this Skill is active, enemies will perceive Saber to have her target's presence, Skills, and parameters. Conversely, this Skill's target would seemingly appear to have Saber's Skills and parameters. If used on a normal human, it is possible for Saber to conceal her own presence as a Servant entirely and function as a pseudo-Assassin, although doing so would paint a major target on whoever is lucky (or unlucky) enough to be on the other end of this Skill.

Charisma (Usurpation) (E~A)

A composite Skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the natural talent to command or unify an army or country. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. Despite being born from nobility, Saber effectively had little authority of her own. Being a woman in the middle ages prevented her from being seen as anything more than a political chess piece... at least initially. While Saber never gained power or authority through natural means, she excelled in gradually outshining others and technically "usurping" their authority. Her first "usurpation" happened when she stole her first husband's leadership position during the second crusade. The second instance happened soon after her second marriage, when she gradually painted her second husband as nothing more than a frivolous lech who did not care about his people's concerns while she amassed the people's favor and respect. The third happened when her son, the rightful heir to the throne of England left the kingdom to lead the third crusade. During this time, Saber was initially appointed as regent, she soon signed herself as the rightful, ruling queen of England, at least until her son returned. A variation of the usual Charisma Skill, Saber's particular brand of Charisma starts out at an abysmally low rank (E) and slowly rises over time. However, this process can be significantly accelerated whenever Saber defeats another Servant possessing Charisma (or other variations of it) in combat. In which case, the opponent's Charisma would be sealed while Saber's own would increase by two ranks. This process can be repeated until the Skill reaches its highest rank (B), enough to govern a large nation as its beloved ruler.

Noble Phantasm(s)
    Sovereign's Royal Treasury
    Crown Jewels of England

Type: Various
    Range: Various
    Max Targets: Various

A Noble Phantasm shared by many ruling monarchs of England as a symbol of the monarchy. The Crown Jewels of England are a collection of royal ceremonial objects belonging to various British monarchs. These objects were passed down through the ages (the earliest dating to the 11th century), and many of them are worn during the monarchs' coronation ceremonies. There are a total of 142 objects contained within the collection, consisting of weapons (such as swords and maces), rings, scepters, robes, gemstones, and several other types of regalia. In recent times, these objects are only used for ceremonial purposes due to the steep decline of magecraft and mystery, as well as the common people's inability to wield it properly. However, that wasn't always the case...

This Noble Phantasm allows Saber to summon copies of the crown jewels for her to wield. Despite the decline in mystery, the crown jewels are still empowered by a connection spanning centuries with the British monarchy. Combined with Saber's status as a Servant and her own innate magic circuits, she could utilize them as mystic codes, granting her access to magecraft she was unfamiliar with in life. The treasury is nowhere as vast as that of a certain golden king's, and being mere copies of the original, their durability is relatively low, although Saber could easily reproduce any items lost with some mana. Nonetheless, this Noble Phantasm greatly increases her versatility. That said, perhaps due to her class container, her unfamiliarity with these crown jewels (since most of them came after her time), and her own preferences, most of Saber's preferred crown jewels to use in combat are only usable at close range.

An Ear for Your Romantic Woes

Court of Love

Type: Anti-City
    Range: 1-500
    Max Targets: -

A crystallization of Saber's status as one who introduced the ideals of chivalry and courtly love upon the kingdoms of France and England, impacting art, literature, and culture for centuries to come. During her time in Poitiers, it was said that Saber frequently invited people from all walks of life- from nobles to commoners, young and old- to join them in their garden. There, Saber would sit and listen to the quarrels of lovers, offer advice, and act as a jury to the questions of the court that revolved around acts of romantic love. One historian recorded at least 21 cases handled by Saber within her "court of love", many of them pertaining to the nature of knighthood, chivalry, and true love. Saber claims that this Noble Phantasm allow her to smell romantic secrets from miles away. Now if only she would use it for literally anything else aside from seeking out gossip...

Of course, the truth is much deeper than that. While a small part of her truly did enjoy her court of love, Saber did not establish the court solely out of altruism and desire for gossip. She used the court as a method to get on her people's good graces, making them see her as a wise and caring leader. Gradually, her court also expanded her influence as more and more people sought her advice. Through this, she utilized her newfound connections and growing influence to gain access to secrets within her kingdom, letting her know of potential threats and conspiracies. It was a mutually beneficial relationship; her guests received answers for their troubling romantic issues, while Saber received her people's love, respect, and potentially valuable information. This is the true power of the Court of Love.

Upon this Noble Phantasm's activation, a bounded field is formed. Its range starts out small, only barely enough to cover one small garden. Saber gains access to leylines within her established domain. Similar to Demonic Defender of the State, these leylines reinforce Saber's combat abilities. Outside battle, these leylines act as an extension of her senses, allowing her to keep a watchful eye upon her entire domain. Furthermore, those within her domain will find themselves more vulnerable to Saber's Charisma and Mother's Advice. With every secret or valuable information shared within her domain, this Noble Phantasm's range gradually grows and its effects are strengthened, as Saber gains a stronger grasp on her newfound "subjects"

Sword of Distant, Everlasting Ambitions

Rêve de Britannia

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1-99
    Max Targets: 1-1000

Saber's ultimate weapon, a sword bearing an uncanny resemblance to a certain divine construct once held by the King of Knights. While this sword may be misleading for her enemies, it was not something she originally wielded in life. Rather, the sword is a manifestation of the authority of Britain itself, combined with Saber's own admiration towards the King of Knights.

A crystallization of Saber's rule over Britain, this Noble Phantasm's strength scales proportionately to the size of her domain, obtained through Court of Love. Upon its activation, this Noble Phantasm drains massive amounts of mana from Saber's domain, converting it into a magnificent beam of light to strike down her enemies. That said, there's more to this Noble Phantasm than a simple sword-beam. Fueled by Saber's ambition of becoming the sole ruling authority of England, surpassing even the church who criticized her conduct, this Noble Phantasm seals every other authority within her domain aside from her own. This means that any Skill and Noble Phantasm that "allows one man to lord over another" is sealed regardless of its origins, be it divine or man-made. Furthermore, Rêve de Britannia is also strengthened based on anecdotes of Saber suppressing rebellions from local nobles and taking their land, resources, and weapons to bolster her own forces. Should there be any hostile B-rank (rivaling Saber's own authority as queen) or below Noble Phantasm active within Saber's domain at the same time Rêve de Britannia is active, said hostile Noble Phantasm would automatically deactivate, and all mana used to power it would be allocated to strengthening Rêve de Britannia ​instead, akin to Saber seizing their assets and using them to strengthen her own forces. Ultimately, through this Noble Phantasm, Saber establishes herself as the sole wielder of authority within her domain. With her absolute authority, she mows down her enemies with the force of an entire nation.

Description
    Saber presents herself as Guinevere, wife of the Once and Future King, Arthur Pendragon. Haughty and arrogant, she is all too happy to exploit whatever authority, respect, and reverence she could gain from her name. She proudly flaunts her Excalibur at literally anyone and everyone, demanding their respect. While she likes to imagine herself as a stern and majestic queen, more often than not, she appears more like those loud but ultimately harmless high school bullies you find at teenage chick flicks (which she also enjoys watching, by the way).

...Of course, anyone possessing the tiniest knowledge of Arthurian legends would know that there's something off about her character, her mannerisms, her story, and... literally everything else, so most of the time, she drops the act rather quickly. Saber's True Name is Eleanor of Aquitaine, Queen of France and England, leader of the second crusade, wife of Henry II, and mother of Richard the Lionheart. Initially, she still acts like your typical valley girl, fond of fashion, gossip, and romance. She also fits unexpectedly in the modern age, always curious about the latest trends and making her up-and-coming debut as a self-proclaimed "influencer". Yet despite her usual ditzy, almost shallow attitude, you can't shake the nagging feeling that she's secretly, constantly evaluating you. Of course, the truth is...

Haughty and arrogant. Caring and motherly. Cunning and ambitious. It would not be an exaggeration to say that all of these words describe Saber well. At the root of it all, Saber's entire character was born out of fear for her own life, which gradually transformed into a thirst for power. She did not want to die. She did not want to be exploited. She wanted to be human. But back then, her world did not allow it. As a woman in the middle ages, the kingdom only saw her as a pawn to secure political alliances. Wherever she went, the world could not save her. And so, she came into one conclusion: if the world cannot change by itself, she must be the one to change it. Constantly fearing for her life, she concluded that the only way to escape her fear was to rise to the very top, where absolutely no one else would be able to hurt her. And so she gradually threw away her own humanity in pursuit of that goal.

As a Servant, Saber is pragmatic and ruthless. She fully knows that she is beautiful and intelligent, and she would freely use these to her advantage should an opportunity present itself. Yet she believes that beauty and intelligence alone is far from enough; the only thing she needs is more and more power. For this reason, she tends to evaluate others coldly, basing her judgments solely on how much others can be of use to her. Occasionally, she may display a more caring, almost motherly side, but it's unclear whether this is a hint of humanity remaining underneath her pragmatism, or if her kindness is simply another calculated plan to obtain favors from others.

Despite her usual eager, "hip" attitude around modern culture, Saber hasn't actually adjusted fully to the present day. She spent her entire life living in fear, in a society where women were heavily oppressed, and only the most powerful among women could escape this hellish reality. Being summoned in the modern day, in a society where women are more free to pursue their dreams... Saber believes this current reality to be surreal. While she's happy about it, a small part of her also feels somewhat empty, like both her greatest fear and greatest reason to fight is no more. This leaves her wondering... what else is there to life? How many things did she miss out on due to her crippling fear? Yet ultimately, while she's eager to experience everything the modern world has to offer, Saber's greatest wish is simply to see her children again. She's not quite sure on what to say upon meeting them, but a part of her wonders if she could use her newfound freedom to be a better mother figure to them.

On another note, perhaps due to this newfound freedom, Saber may occasionally show a different side to herself; there may be moments where she could truly smile and laugh sincerely, without a hint of underlying motives or hidden plots. She would immediately get flustered and deny these moments though, haphazardly catching herself and saying how "A Queen must always govern herself accordingly". Yet ultimately, there's no denying that in these rare moments, one may see Saber genuinely enjoying herself, immersing herself in new things she couldn't experience in life.

Lore
    Eleanor of Aquitaine (1122-1204) was queen consort of France (1137–1152) and England (1154–1189) and duchess of Aquitaine in her own right (1137–1204). As the heir of the House of Poitiers, rulers in southwestern France, she was one of the wealthiest and most powerful women in western Europe during the High Middle Ages. She was patron of literary figures such as Wace, Benoît de Sainte-Maure, and Bernart de Ventadorn. She led armies several times in her life and was a leader of the Second Crusade.

Eleanor was born in 1122 to William X, Duke of Aquitaine, and the Duchess Aenor de Chatellerault. Her grandfather was the famous troubadour and warrior William IX, whose works influenced the development of later Provencal romantic poetry. William IX's love for art and poetry was inherited by his son, William X, who in turn encouraged Eleanor and her younger sister Petronilla in education and cultural refinement. As a young girl, Eleanor was fluent in Latin and adept at all the sports of kings such as hunting and hawking. Her mother saw to her education in domestic affairs such as spinning, weaving, and keeping household accounts. By her teenage years, Eleanor was described as both beautiful and intelligent, and many desired her hand in marriage due to her noble blood.

...Yet that was all she was. Despite her talent, and all the skills she spent her entire childhood perfecting, she was still a woman in the middle ages, one who barely had any agency of her own. Eleanor's mother and younger brother died in 1130. Seven years later, her father fell victim to dysentery while on pilgrimage. In his deathbed, William X met with an old friend, King Louis VI of France and arranged to wed Eleanor with the young Prince Louis VII to protect Eleanor's land and inheritance after his passing. The two got married just three months after William X died.

Eleanor did not enjoy her time as Louis' wife. While she did get to keep her land and inheritance, there wasn't much she could do aside from aimlessly wandering her new residence. For this reason, when Louis was appointed as leader of the Second Crusade, Eleanor insisted on coming along, desperate to escape the boredom of her daily life. Louis’ goal in funding and leading the expedition was to do penance for the massacre of the citizens of the town of Vitry in his war with the Count of Champagne; Eleanor’s sole intention seems to have been to go on a grand adventure. For this, Eleanor was routinely criticized by medieval historians for behaving as though she were going to a party or palace ball. She brought along 300 ladies-in-waiting and a baggage train allegedly miles long to carry all their dresses and other necessities. Even so, it was clear that Eleanor's talent in diplomacy and leadership far outshone her husband's, the quiet and submissive Louis VII. Gradually, her influence spread within the crusader army, and she obtained respect from the troops. In Antioch, Eleanor took center stage and Louis appears as one of her servants, not as King. For the remainder of their journey, Eleanor acted as the leader of the Second Crusade, personally appearing in negotiations and offering valuable input in strategy meetings. While historians claimed that this was done to minimize Louis' public appearance and protect him from assassinations, nonetheless, Louis grew envious of Eleanor and their relationship soured. In 1152, Louis annulled their marriage, citing Eleanor's inability to provide him with a male heir (although his true reason might have been more personal than that), a decision Eleanor was happy to accept.

Yet in order to secure her position as both a woman and a member of nobility, there was no way Eleanor could have survived alone. Eleanor married Henry Plantagenet, then Duke of Normandy, only weeks after the annulment. Henry became King of England in 1154 CE and Eleanor his Queen, but she was not able to dominate Henry as easily as she had Louis. Their marriage was a series of battles as Eleanor tried to control her husband and he resisted through countless affairs. Henry’s famous temper and impulsive nature did nothing to help the relationship, and his transparency regarding his affair with the noblewoman Rosamund Clifford seemed designed to humiliate his Queen. Eleanor did not help the situation by surrounding herself with poets and artists and ignoring Henry’s tantrums as often as possible. Generally speaking, Eleanor endured her marriage in typical fashion by channeling her energies elsewhere and raising her children, through whom she knew she could eventually wield greater power and influence than Henry through advantageous matches with foreign nobility. Nonetheless, their marriage was cooperative enough to produce at least eight children.

In 1168, Eleanor separated from Henry and moved to her ancestral lands in Poitiers, bringing her favorite son Richard and her daughter Marie with her. It was here in Poitiers that Eleanor established the Court of Love, her greatest mark on art and literature for centuries to come. Poitiers flourished as a town of art and literature under her rule. Here, she also personally acted as a self-appointed judge handling matters pertaining to romance and chivalry, lending an ear to her people's woes and establishing herself as a wise and beloved ruler.

Eleanor's joyful days in Poitiers did not last forever, unfortunately. Eleanor and Henry's oldest son, Henry the Young King, instigated a revolt against his father. The rebellion was quickly crushed, however, and those involved were executed or imprisoned. While Eleanor's involvement in the rebellion was debatable (some considered her to be the true instigator of the act, while others believed that she had no involvement whatsoever), Henry had Eleanor imprisoned for "conspiring against the king". Eleanor would be moved between Henry's various strongholds until his death in 1189. Yet even during her time in prison, she continued to persuade her children, turning them against their father, and perhaps making her indirectly responsible for several more revolts taking place during Henry's reign.

By the time Eleanor was free, Henry the Young King had died of dysentery and Richard I became king. Eleanor knew she could enact her own policies through Richard without the kind of constant resistance she had met with from Henry II. She would have a much freer hand than she anticipated, however, as Richard left England to take part in the Third Crusade the following year and seems to have gladly left Eleanor in charge of his kingdom. Although nominally the regent, Eleanor signed herself, and had others address her, as “Eleanor, by the grace of God, Queen of England”. She ably picked up her political maneuverings as though she had not been confined for the past 16 years.

Unlike Richard, who took pride in taking back the Holy Land, Eleanor believed that the crusades were a futile effort, having learned from her experiences during the Second Crusade. Instead, she channeled her efforts into regaining the kingdom’s balance which had been lost following Henry’s death and Richard’s departure for the Holy Land. England prospered under her brief six-year rule, until Richard returned in 1194. Afterwards, Eleanor handed the position back to Richard, who would rule for five more years until he was killed in battle in 1199. Eleanor continued to act as an advisor to Richard, and after Richard's death and the coronation of his brother John, Eleanor retired to spend time with her daughters in Castille, where she would spend the rest of her days, dying of natural causes in 1204.

Relationships
    Sei Shonagon, Suzuka Gozen:
    "These gals are the best! Like, seriously, they just get me, you know that!? They introduced me to this Somethingstagram app and I'm really enjoying myself! In fact, the three of us are planning a live show tonight! You should like, totes tune in to that!"

Johann Adam Weishaupt:
    "Aah, it's that shady old man! I know people think you're shady and unnecessarily creepy and all, but I know better. Sooo, with that Noble Phantasm you have there... Do you have any juicy secrets to share. After all, I'm sure Chaldea has, like, tons of romantic gossip and unresolved sexual tension, amirite!?"

(A man with a terrifyingly useful Noble Phantasm, capable of unearthing various secrets and enforcing his rule. A good asset to have. Combined with my own Court of Love, this man could prove useful in enforcing my rule... and he'd be none the wiser.)

Ulrich von Liechtenstein:
    "Wooow, you're a big fan of art as well!? That's great! We'd totes get along! You could tell me about your work, and I'll tell you about some of the cases I had to deal with back in my court! I swear, like, you won't believe that time a guy came in with an entire harem asking me to choose his girl. I mean, can you just believe that!? ...Yeah, that one turned out messy in the end."

(A knight who values the ideals of chivalry and courtly romance, the one I established. His pride and self-righteousness could be troublesome, but as long as I appeal to his sense of chivalry, it shouldn't be too hard to keep him under my thumb.)

Rosamund Clifford:
    "Oh dear, naive Rosamund, you sweet summer child. Back then I couldn't get rid of you through daggers and poison. Maybe I should've burned down that entire accursed maze with you in it. Well, no sense in worrying about it now. You want Henry? Go and have him, I couldn't care less. Hm? Love? What makes you think I ever loved him? Back then, the only reason I tried to kill you was only because your meddling hindered my plans. Don't get all sentimental now."

Henry II:
    "That fool Henry is here as well. He considered himself as dragon soaring through the skies, little did he know, he was nothing more than a little bird dancing in his gilded cage. He was nothing more than a pawn, a particularly troublesome one at that, but a pawn nonetheless. After all, until I gained power, the world saw me as nothing more than a pawn. Why shouldn't I see others the same way?"

Scheherazade:
    "Not wanting to die... I'm familiar with your struggles. You fought for so long... You have my respect."

Richard I:
    "Ah, um, a-ahem... Hiii, Richie! Wassup, cool cat!? Is everything all G, yo?"

*Saber's favorite son. She has several regrets, thinking that she could perhaps be a better mother for him. For this, she tries to familiarize herself with modern street slangs and approach Richard with her "valley girl" persona. The result was... disastrous, to say the least. It's like hearing your mom saying cringe-inducing slangs from her teenage years*

Knights of the Round Table:
    "A-Ahem... Good morrow, fair knights! How goes thy day? I, the majestic, regal, Lady Guinevere, commends thee for- Eh? W-What!? Y-YOU MEAN THAT'S THE REAL KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE!? WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME SOONER!? AAAAAAAGH, THAT WAS SOOO FREAKING EMBARRASSING!!"

Artoria Pendragon:
    "HA, I KNEW IT! KING ARTHUR PENDRAGON WAS A WOMAN ALL ALONG! T-That said, i-it's a real honor to meet you! I have tons of questions to ask! A-And, can you sign my sword!? Omigoshomigosh, I can't contain my excitement!!"

Arthur Pendragon:
    "Hey, uh... Who's this poser? He kept insisting that he's King Arthur, but that can't be right, can it? Everyone knows King Arthur is a woman."

Master (bond 5):
    "You know, my dear retainer... I'm probably not the woman you imagined me to be. I'm unsightly, miserable, and at least back then, I'd throw everything away for a shot at power. I'm not going to apologize for that. I believe that power was a necessity for a woman to have in my time. However, I acknowledge that I've done several... things I regret in pursuit of that power. Yet for you to accept me so readily like that... I'm... not sure how to react, honestly. At the very least, I promise to repay it all. Allow me to devote my everything to you... Eh? What do you mean it's too early for that? Did I say something wrong? Hmm, I see. It appears there are still things I don't understand. Then, I trust you will teach me well, will you? Such is my royal decree."

Creator's Notes/Fun Facts
    Whew, I had fun with this one.

- I've had this idea to write a sheet for Eleanor ever since I wrote Rosamund. Initially, her personality was going to be more villainous since Rosamund (unsurprisingly) depicted her as a villain, but I don't want to give her FGO's Arjuna syndrome (where Arjuna is depicted as the clear antagonist in the conflict between him and Karna, just because we saw Karna's good boi side first in CCC, despite both of them being flawed, nuanced characters in the Mahabharata). I ended up liking this more nuanced take on Eleanor much more than my initial idea for her.

- There was one line in Strange Fake explaining how Richard developed his Arthur-fanboyism thanks to his mother feeding him Arthurian legends since childhood, so I thought it'd be fun to make Eleanor another Arthur fanboy like her son, albeit for different reasons. Richard admired Arthur/Artoria for her chivalry and heroism. On the other hand, Eleanor admired Artoria as a role model, due to being a powerful female leader capable of leading her people, unburdened by the fears and oppression Eleanor faced in her life.

- On that note, I have this headcanon that back in the middle ages, there'd already been conspiracies floating around saying King Arthur was a woman all along, since Artoria wasn't exactly subtle about her "disguise", and there's bound to be some loose lips within Camelot's court. Eleanor fully subscribes to this conspiracy, but as time passes and more retellings and historical chronicles (such as Sir Thomas Mallory's Le Morte d'Arthur) depicted Arthur as a man, the conspiracy gradually died down, eventually lost to history.

- Regarding that bond 5 line, as an oppressed woman from the middle ages, Eleanor's only concept of expressing so much gratitude is to immediately go down the romance route, since in her time, marriage was the greatest, most significant thing most women could do in their lives, and the media commonly associates marriage with joy, satisfaction, and gratitude. She's pretty clueless on the topic of actual romance though, since she married solely for political purposes and had no experience thinking as a lovestruck young maiden as opposed to a cunning, pragmatic schemer.
    Last edited by BnEl15; November 26th, 2020 at 10:13 AM.

Blog Entries
    Saber of Poitiers: a really good profile Ben (i hope you are not Angry that i ccall you this ist just that your Name is not spech friendly ) i must say i think you are having made a Canon like servant ,though the line to her Son Richard mhm atleast i am Abit perplex that to hear that from a queen , what would be her Noblephantasm in her other Classess actually ?

and i would be curious what she thinks of my Tugarin given that his lives has many Romantic Chivalrious Elements like that he was a modest and stoic Knight despite his draconic blood ,and despite he was the subjects of the affection of many women did he out of his values and respect for women even not Approach the one(Appraksevna) that recipsocate the Feelings wait why do i hear Shakespear makes notice now ? hm nevermind .

I am curious what she would think of my Titanica and do she also know About the Gods and Heros of the Greek world in your Adaption if so then what would she think of my Hades ?

and besides a belate congratulation to your win in the contest i hope you have thought About a good Concept !

Blog Entries
    If this experiment bears fruit...

“Humanity shall be reunited with their Creator”

The Voice from On High

Lore

Guglielmo Giovanni Maria Marconi was an Italian inventor that lived from 1874 to 1937. Amongst his accomplishments in electrical engineering none are more significant than his invention of radio and the first ever successful wireless transatlantic transmission.

Born to an Italian noble family Marconi did not attend any form of formal schooling but showed an aptitude for scientific knowledge at a young age as he was taught by private tutors. At just 16 years of age he was already forming the basis for his idea on “wireless telegraphy”, a method of sending messages “on the air” without using wires. It was not a wholly original idea but previous attempts did not bear fruit.

During his investigation of the invisible forces in the World he managed to uncover leylines and magical circuits without prior knowledge of magecraft or the magus society but did not understand their relevance until much later in life.

It was at the turn of the 20th Century where Marconi began working on transmitting a signal across the Atlantic ocean, from one continent to another. He successfully accomplished this feat on December 12, 1901, sending a signal from his station at Poldhu, Cornwall and receiving it at Signal Hill, St. John’s, Newfoundland.

Marconi gained worldwide recognition, fame and success. He was offered a ticket on the maiden voyage of the Titanic but declined for preferential reasons. Not only did he narrowly avoid a tragic fate, his technology was integral to rescuing the survivors who remained and was lauded as a hero for his ingenious invention.

However, Marconi the man was far from a fair or just individual. He was a self-identified fascist who joined the Italian Fascist party formed by Benito Mussolini, even comparing his joining of electric rays in a bundle to the merging of a country’s energies into a bundle. When Mussolini rose to power he appointed Marconi to be the President of the Royal Academy of Italy. Marconi was also a secret founder of the School of Fascist Mysticism where he would begin his investigations into magecraft and the occult. Although the magical circuits he inherited from his family were nearly atrophied and centuries out of use the inventor was a quick study. Even in his old age he began barreling toward the Root with the vigor of a locomotive. A devout man, he believed his technology would provide God with the instrument he needed to speak to his people so that all may rejoice upon hearing the voice of the Heavenly Father. However his failing health and recurring heart attacks resulted in his death at the age of 63, his dream ultimately unfulfilled.

His personal beliefs aside, Marconi left his mark on human history. His technological advancements would revolutionise warfare and be the catalyst for the coming age of information. After he died, those he would have considered his enemies still mourned the loss of such an influential person.

Class: Caster
    Other Classes: None
    True Name: Guglielmo Giovanni Maria Marconi
    Aliases: 1st Marquis of Marconi
    Place of Origin: Bologna, Italy
    Source: Historical Fact

Parameters

STR: E

END: E

AGI: E

MGI: C

LCK: C

NP: EX

Height: 6’2 (183 cm)
    Weight: 120 lbs (54 kg)
    Dislikes: Unintelligent People
    Talent: Wireless Telegraphy and Long Distance Communications
    Natural Enemy: Nikola Tesla, Thomas Edison
    Attribute: Man
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Armament: Radio Transmissions, Conductible Microwire
    Catalyst: An old transmitter

Class Skills

Territory Creation (D): Creates a small lab suitable for manufacturing radio equipment.

Item Construction (D): One of the great inventors of the modern age he can readily create devices that allow for long distance communication and the sending of messages but not much else.

Personal Skills

Concept Improvement (B): The special right and unfair advantage of improving any tool from any given time or space. The idea of wireless transmission of information existed before Caster, but he was the one to fully realise it within the World. Lacking the Mass Production skill severely hampers this skill’s effectiveness as he is limited to just improving his own tools and the tools of his allies.

Innovation (C ): A pioneer of long distance communication. Something that was once only available to maguses he brought to the World at large through scientific knowledge. His research even confounded a certain detective who incorrectly deduced he was using a form of telepathy. This misconception allows Caster to monitor the communication of enemies by “hacking” into nearby leylines.

Information Control (A+): A skill related to Information Erasure. Instead of simply erasing information, Caster can alter it to suit his liking. At one point he had a monopoly on all wireless comms in the World. Nothing rode his airwaves without his consent. He saw fit to keep his “invisible temple” clean for the coming of the Almighty God and hoped one day that his voice would broadcast all over the World for the faithful to hear. While in close proximity to him, enemy Servants may find their telepathic links to their masters altered somewhat.

Noble Phantasm

S
    ~Message Upon God’s Invisible Winds~

Type: Anti-Populace
    Range: 0-3500?
    Max. Targets: ???

Caster’s biggest scientific breakthrough, the first ever successful wireless transmission across an ocean. Marconi was very selective when it came to the point of reception. He chose the furthest easterly point of North America, a place called Signal Hill on the isle of Newfoundland, as the place to receive his message from “above”. The fact that the site he selected was already called “Signal Hill” was a coincidence; in the past it was used as a place to signal boats using flags. Local legends claimed that fairies occupied the fort’s grounds and would threaten to drag children to the “Fairy World” if they strayed too far from their parents. Perhaps Caster’s initial encounters with leylines and the magical world subconsciously informed his decision as well. On that December morning, in a place already textured as “a place where messages from elsewhere are received” , Caster received a message from on high, a place that was once only occupied by God. That message was short, only a series of three clicks; the letter S in Morse code.

This Noble Phantasm is the convergence of all the work Caster did in life to effectively become a “voice from the sky”. In ancient times, only gods could communicate to the mortals on Earth with seemingly no medium to transmit the information through. Caster was able to tap into this unknown medium; radio waves, the very background radiation of the Universe that is constantly acting upon the texture of the World. Even without releasing its true name this Noble Phantasm gives Caster instinctual awareness of any nearby leylines, a skill he would otherwise lack despite being summoned in the Caster container, as well as the manipulation of electromagnetic fields along conductors. Upon a true name release this Noble Phantasm’s true power is revealed. Caster sends out a wave of electromagnetism that continuously expands, the outer limits of which aren’t fully known. The impact of this wave is minimal but the strategic advantages gained would most definitely ensure Caster’s victory if held for long enough. Those within his sphere of influence can have all forms of communication monitored by Caster, including information gleaned from Servants. If any information is altered the change becomes permanent and immediately realised within those affected. If one could describe Tesla’s Noble Phantasm as “the second coming of the gods of thunder and lightning” then one could describe this Noble Phantasm “the second coming of gods whose words were authoritative”. The mana upkeep of such an ability is great and Caster could likely only maintain it for a few seconds using his own reserve of mana alone.

Personality

Caster is callous and holds himself in high regard. He looks down upon those he sees as having a low IQ. Masters with a high apparent intelligence will find him friendly or even charming but will get the impression that Caster is not a nice person at his core. Masters with low apparent intelligence have no chance of getting through to him.

Despite being a man of science he embraces “scientific” ideas that may have had an air of legitimacy in the past but have long since been debunked, such as phrenology and other forms of “biological racism”. These conclusions are more informed by his ingrained beliefs than his adherence to the scientific process. He is a man that unironically identifies as a fascist, afterall.

Witnessing the “Information Age” in front of him has inflated his sense of self-importance to the point of near egomania. He’ll claim that things like television and the internet are wholly his own despite not having directly worked on either of them.

In his free time he can be found fiddling with his inventions or flying kites.

If he were to win the Grail he would wish for humanity to have a direct line of communication to God. The fallout of such a wish would be disastrous.

Quotes

“Everything you see around you. Those screens, those devices. They are all my doing. Greetings Masters. I am the Servant Caster, Guglielmo Giovanni Maria Marconi, the architect of the modern world.”

“As you can see, my Master, the enemy’s frontal lobe is much smaller compared to my own, meaning they have no way of-Master? Where are you going?”

(to Tesla)
    “Finally, someone with a brain cell or two to rub together. Would you like to collaborate in the future?”

(to Edison)
    “Your ability to iterate on existing ideas is admirable. Your willingness to steal from the work of others, however, I find absolutely repulsive.”

Author Notes

marconi and cheese

Blog Entries
    Marconi: What a smug asshole, I love it. Skills are well-chosen and tying his NP with "the second coming of God's word" is both cool conceptually as well as a good way of justifying it being OP (a la Tesla, who gets thunder-god shtick to compensate for otherwise being a relatively modern inventor). Though I'm not sure what the "If any information is altered the change becomes permanent and immediately realized within those affected" part of the description means exactly. It sounds like he can outright warp reality within the NP's area-of-effect by rewriting information, which certainly sounds hax, though I guess it's balanced by the immense Mana costs.

Hmmm, I wonder why no one has used HAKUNO from Fate/ Last Encore as the basis for a Servant. I think he'd make for a pretty cool High Servant-type Alter Ego servant comprised of a lot of Death and/or Rebirth deities. I guess the main issue would be whether he'd go here or over in the Modern Servant thread.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valfodr View Post
    Hmmm, I wonder why no one has used HAKUNO from Fate/ Last Encore as the basis for a Servant. I think he'd make for a pretty cool High Servant-type Alter Ego servant comprised of a lot of Death and/or Rebirth deities. I guess the main issue would be whether he'd go here or over in the Modern Servant thread.
    No dilemma there, since TM characters belong in this thread as well.

Blog Entries
    You guys got any suggestions on how to make a decent Balan sheet?