Page 458 of 458 FirstFirst ... 358408448453456457458
Results 9,141 to 9,148 of 9148

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

祖 Ancestor
    Hey bloble, come join us in the womb thread if you feel low on ideas or need help.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries

Class:
    Assassin

True Name: Hassan-i-Sabbah

Aliases: Hassan of Fevered Faith

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Parameters:

Strength: C
    Endurance: B
    Agility: A
    Magic: C
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: A

Skills
    Class Skills:

Presence Concealment - A
    Hides one's presence as a Servant. Suitable for spying. It is possible to disappear and become extremely difficult to be detected. The rank of Presence Concealment drops considerably when preparing to attack. Though Assassin held the title of ‘Old Man of the Mountain’, it was not acquired due to skill at espionage. Assassin’s training is thus incomplete and, thanks to the continuously-active Zabaniya, especially astute individuals might be able to instinctively notice that “the world is not right here”. Even so, she cannot be clearly discerned. Even her body's shape and appearance are difficult to make out in battle.

Personal Skills:

Territory Creation (Valley) - B
    A Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana. In Assassin’s case, she is less establishing a territory and more leaking an “alien system” into her surroundings. By spending a certain amount of time in an area, it becomes possible to create effects similar to Assassin’s Noble Phantasm. In such a place the burden of using Zabaniya is reduced, and ultimately its type can be extended to Labyrinth, reducing mana consumption along with the World’s influence.

Blood-Sucking - C
    The act of absorbing another's blood to replenish their own health and physical and/or magical strength. It is one of the powers of a vampire. As the Rank raises, the power of absorption increases. It is not indicative of vampirism in Assassin’s case; this is merely a trait that accomplishes the same result. Blood spilled onto Zabaniya will be converted to flakes and restore some magical energy. Rather than an active skill, it is a passive process akin to exposing the lining of the intestines to nutrients. Also raises the efficiency of soul harvesting.

Self-Modification - B
    The aptitude to remold one's own body or merge one's own flesh with body parts of others. The higher the ranking in this Skill, the further away one is from being a proper hero. Assassin can acquire body parts from all manner of creatures and incorporate them into her body. In extreme cases, high quality acquisitions can restore magical energy, increase stats, bestow Skills such as Divinity or Poison Body, and even add extra limbs. However, as this is merely an extension of her physical state and not Assassin’s own talent, Assassin’s body will inevitably absorb the added parts and return to her base form over time. For this reason she prefers to preserve captured body parts in her collection, and only attaches them as needed when a sacrifice is necessary. If the Hassan of the Cursed Arm is akin to a wielder that has mastered his weapon, this Assassin is more like a certain King that is merely capable of owning weapons.

Ultimate One (False Number) - D
    The status of being an Ultimate One. The ability to receive backup from the planet and elevate one’s specs above those of the opponent. Normally inactive, yet if a certain innermost planet is visible in the sky, Assassin might get pluses to some relevant stats and skill checks in a manner similar to Numeral of the Saint. If brought to a certain village in South America, the effective rank of this skill would be A.

Zealotry (False) - A+
    A Skill where normally unattainable mental strength can be obtained by having so much religious faith in something that it is beyond the understanding of those around the user. Trauma is instantly overcome and near immunity to mental interference type magecraft is obtained. In Assassin’s case, while the form her faith takes is similar, its target cannot be called a God. Her belief is stronger than any human’s can be, for her object of affection exists on Earth at this very moment. If she closes her eyes Assassin might even be able to hear its voice, though she cannot fully understand it...
    Noble Phantasm
    "Very well. The time has come to bare all. Let this diseased body serve as proof of His love."

"Promise me, Master, that you will not avert your eyes."

"I want you, of all people, to see it."

"Za-ba-ni-ya."Noble Phantasm:
    Zabaniya
    Febrile Inspiration

Type: Anti-Self (Labyrinth)

A technique that transforms the user’s skin into a special type of crystal that is harder, more flexible, more temperature-resistant, and sharper than any other substance that exists on Earth.

At least, such is the appearance on the surface. In truth, Assassin’s entire body is already made up of that substance. Febrile Inspiration represents not the ability to create crystals, but Assassin’s own ability to impose the common sense of the planet onto a system that would normally overwrite those same physical laws. The true Miracle was not that Assassin survived exposure to a certain being, but that she was able to retain her humanity afterwards. Without the latent ability of Febrile Inspiration she would have been one of countless failed simulations her God makes of the people that it devours, a short-lived construct that rapidly degrades to crystal.

It is only after Assassin purposefully withdraws her Reality Marble from the surface of her skin that the simulated Crystal Valley which is her body begins to rampage of its own accord. By the way in which she withdraws control, she influences the way the crystals grow. It is possible to instantly create armor-like plates, sturdy shields, or throwing knives thinner than a sheet of paper. In life the cost of such creations would be negligible, the same as the billions of flakes of dead skin humans shed every day. As a Servant, however, Assassin must use magical energy from her body. She can manipulate the traits of her creations to the limits of crystal, up to the point of making herself transparent.

Because Assassin is only a wraith, her body lacks the effect of instantly painting over reality that its progenitor possesses, when held in check by the World. It does, however, retain its semi-vampiric nature, rapidly digesting blood it comes into contact with and breaking it down for magical energy. Much like the original, Assassin can also paint over her prey. Once something has been killed it can be incorporated into her system without issue. Even worse, embedding her crystals into a target will eventually drive them mad if not removed, like a virus infecting a computer and rewriting the logic at its core.

Even so, she can never be satisfied with just that much.

The world she was promised is one that accepts her, after all.

"More."

"There must be more!"

"I haven't shown it to you yet, Master!"

"Behold God's Kingdom of Heaven!"

"Inspire, Noble Delusion!"

With preparation, Assassin can spread her “alien system” to the surrounding area, turning it into a crystal valley controlled by her, where even the surface of the ground is a trap that might erupt into exploding shards at a moment’s notice. A land of crystal, an imitation of the heaven she saw then where Earthly logic is at its weakest. Because she is a shard of an Ultimate One, she also gets a small amount of backup from Mercury whenever it is visible in the sky, though the link is tenuous and weak.

What makes Assassin truly dangerous isn’t her strength, but the “corruption” she promises. She views the whole world as an enemy to be converted. In her mind, it is “salvation” she brings, to those who separate and are separated from each other.

Background
    There was once a trainee in a certain sect. Showing promise and aptitude towards learning the arts of the Assassin, she devoted herself to God. Her skills grew, and soon the day approached when she could go out and shed blood in the Lord’s name.

Then tragedy struck. She realized one morning that she had lost the ability to feel pain. Soon other symptoms appeared, her skin began to bunch up and flake, and it became obvious that she had contracted leprosy. At the time the disease was considered incurable and those who contracted it were shunned. Unable stay at the mountain, she was cast out to die. Her future had been cut off. She accepted it, even as her heart filled with despair. The girl who could no longer become one of the Hashshashin resolved to spend her remaining months on a pilgrimage around the world. She traveled North, South, East, and finally West, boarding a boat to nowhere.

The girl eventually found herself weakened, sickly, and close to death. She wandered into a forest which had been described in local rumours, pushing forward through the undergrowth even as her mind fragmented. Her wandering took her to a massive valley. Trees formed crystal towers and light sprang from every surface. It was heaven, she thought, and soon enough she would meet God.

She did. The girl made it to the center of the valley and saw God in all of its glory. Then she died.

The girl couldn’t recall how she’d escaped, only that it was a miracle. Her memories stopped when a crystal spear pierced her heart, yet she was unharmed. In fact, she felt better than ever. The ugly flakes falling from her skin had become beautiful crystals that bloomed into flowers. The girl’s heart was filled with love and gratitude. She returned to the mountain with blessing in tow and was welcomed as a hero. More than that, the new Old Man of the Mountain.

The woman that had seen God and the one that had woken up days later were not the same, of course. One had died instantly. The other had been born days later, a simulated replica of the dead. Her core, her latent Reality Marble, had been compatible with the God’s alien logic, and so the simulation believed itself to be the real thing. In many ways she was an exact copy, except that the God in her heart now had no love for humanity. Neither, then, did she.

Her reign was the briefest of all who held her position. It was also the bloodiest. She was maddened, reaching out and killing all who opposed her, searching for something that could not be found. The voice in her head whispered in a language she did not understand, and so she interpreted its words as she was taught: humanity's sins were bottomless, and God would arrive soon to erase it. Her job was to help. She was to spill blood in His name until the time came when her existence would no longer be considered a sin.

In the midst of her efforts to destabilize the region, the girl saw something one evening: a skull mask in the darkness. Thus her new life ended, by the glint of dusk's blade. She knows now, as a Heroic Spirit, that the one who killed her is a threat to her God. When it wakes, his sword of mortality will surely strike at it. Her wish is therefore not to wake up her God, for it will rise in its own time, but to summon forth that mysterious executioner... and destroy him for good, so that her God remains immortal.

Author Note
    Turns out I did have one sheet that might still work! These collapse tags are a pain but they're pretty fun.

This Servant was made way back in 2017, so it's a bit bare and almost certainly invalidated by canon now.
    Last edited by Bloble; June 27th, 2022 at 11:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    Hassan of Fevered Faith: I think I've seen this exact concept of Hassan-i-Sabbah before, down to the Crystal Valley connection; have you already posted it somewhere? I still think the Crystal Valley connection feels somewhat forced and a bit of a reach in terms of suspension of disbelief. Personally I would connect the Crystal theme with local Persian or Middle-Eastern legends and deities. That said, still a pretty fun Servant with interesting original lore, and the NP visuals are really cool.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    Hassan of Fevered Faith: I think I've seen this exact concept of Hassan-i-Sabbah before, down to the Crystal Valley connection; have you already posted it somewhere? I still think the Crystal Valley connection feels somewhat forced and a bit of a reach in terms of suspension of disbelief. Personally I would connect the Crystal theme with local Persian or Middle-Eastern legends and deities. That said, still a pretty fun Servant with interesting original lore, and the NP visuals are really cool.
    It was one of the Reclamation Servants I came up with alongside Jan Zizka as a Rider back in the day. I posted them both in the Graveyard in the RP section but only Rider made it over to CaS because I thought Assassin wasn't quite up to snuff. If I did post it here it's probably lost somewhere in CaS 2 and didn't get added to the OP. You can tell that it's an RP sheet; the backstory can fit entirely on a single page in a google doc because I have an obsession with making RP sheets compact. I also have zero knowledge of Persian or Middle-Eastern myth, alas.

I've also never read Land of the Lustrous; the crystal thing was just a cool coincidence.

後継者 Successor
    Blog Entries
    I see, yeah the bit about the Village in South America kind weird me out since how is it that a member of the Hassashins make it there in the first place like I don't they last into the age of exploration

Blog Entries
    The sheer impossibility of someone from the middle East making it to South America in that age of all thing is the one that breaks my suspension of disbelief from this sheet. And I'm a TM fan so that should be saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Caster: what a nice coincidence considering the sheet prior. TC seems odd, because rather than making a territory, you imply a sort of blessing from the desert. NP is also a bit vague in what it does. Does he sweep the enemy with his divinity or does he do other stuff? One can see the interest in this person, it comes across. Nice job.
    Quote Originally Posted by TQG Imaginatorious View Post
    Santiago-Man does it feel weird not being the newest creator anymore (despite it being so for weeks now) but welcome! For a first servant, this is pretty good, the descriptions are not too long but still conveys your intended message. The TC seems iffy to me, are you going for he doesn't need a territory because he is the territory? And yes the NP's effects when the target is destined to lose is vague.
    His Territory Creation works like an effect on the battlefield, starting as an oasis at his feet and becoming a desert further out. The "winds and sun" portion lets him slightly change the conditions to be windier or warmer. I guess I just somehow skipped over what the actual ability allows him to do.

The NP, I'll admit, sounded a bit iffy when I wrote it down. I would say that his attack is like an explosion of mana against the enemy, but it needs to be setup for a couple days to bring out its full potential. Santiago's whole schtick is that he's able to see the future through omens and dreams, including "what if" scenarios in which plans go wrong or someone dies. He's not able to see all possibilities, but a good amount of them to know the chances of victory. If his master is able to gather enough information to create a plan that accommodates for weaknesses in the enemy, Caster will divine more of those "what if" scenarios in which they win. The NP takes these chances of winning and further these chances by releasing immense amounts of mana towards the enemy. To put it shortly, imagine Fate/Extra's gimmick of collecting information to properly counter attack as a Noble Phantasm. If the master knows nothing on the spot, then it's like spamming Attack for a single turn in Fate/Extra. It'll get a few hits in or very rarely land everything, but it's a lot more risky to do so.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm no stranger to making character sheets, but servants are a whole other beast.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hassan: I like the picture you painted with the NP. It is basically a Foreigner sheet through other means if you think about it. But I agree with the rest that a travel to SA and back at their time is just too much. I am not knowledgable with the Hassans, but I assume its crystal skull? No way in hell Nasu won't use the legends of crystal skulls in pop culture not to his advantage in LB7. So why not just "she found a crystal skull and saw ORT in a dream" or something.
    In terms of regional mythology, the Persians believed the sky was made out of crystal. But thats all I can think of crystal related stuff from that region.
    Also, what a multicultural package. Middle-Eastern servant, connected to a south american monster, using a crystal girl based on buddhism.
    Behold! The works of a maniac!
    Servants!

And my other contribution to this community!
    Advanced Formatting Guide
    Free FC Gallery
    Extra Class Comp

Call me Formatting-sensei.