Page 563 of 620 FirstFirst ... 63463513553558561562563564565568573613 ... LastLast
Results 11,241 to 11,260 of 12396

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    I didn't say I was king or queen of something

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spelror View Post
    There's no point saying "oh I'm the king of what I'm the king of what"
    Dude you're either a king(or queen) or a dick on this forum.
    Oh, king, eh, very nice. How'd you get that, eh? By exploiting Servant classes! By hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the social and formatting differences in this thread! If there's ever going to be any progress...

I didn't vote for any of you! Strange women lying in ponds distributing Noble Phantasms is no basis for a system of government!

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Oh, king, eh, very nice. How'd you get that, eh? By exploiting Servant classes! By hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the social and formatting differences in this thread! If there's ever going to be any progress...

I didn't vote for any of you! Strange women lying in ponds distributing Noble Phantasms is no basis for a system of government!
    If I went around proclaiming I was Emperor because some watery tart had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

失敗作の神 God of Failed Work Spelror's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    god I did not mean it that way, geez.
    rephrasing time

You're either a chad for making sound and reasonable comments and posts here, or a dick for not thinking through how you phrase yourself before saying weird and commonly (as well as socially) unacceptable things. That's that.
    (That comment was made solely because I saw that one little discussion between Dreamerless and Rey on Player. Wanted to give my two cents on that matter, nothing more. I may have been overreacting if it was a simple discussion.)

On a separate note, I said last October that Boyi is coming. Hopefully I can finish him up before March ends.

edit: This post was made before I realised Dreamerless was joking. I apologise for overreacting.

Blog Entries
    Royds Alter Ego: What a wacky and cute concept. Hed be a joy as a freebie in the game
    whats missing for me tho is the reason why you made him the vessel. you said you read an article? Either its not clear or im too tired to pick it up after work. Outside of that, not sure about the divine core. Saver Buddha got none either. which is strange to not even have divinity...i blame it on him being an enemy there.
    still a wholesome sheet i enjoyed
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Royds Alter Ego: What a wacky and cute concept. Hed be a joy as a freebie in the game
    whats missing for me tho is the reason why you made him the vessel. you said you read an article? Either its not clear or im too tired to pick it up after work. Outside of that, not sure about the divine core. Saver Buddha got none either. which is strange to not even have divinity...i blame it on him being an enemy there.
    still a wholesome sheet i enjoyed
    They're both patrons of Kumamoto known for healing people mentally/spiritually. Something something modernity turns people away from gods and to mascots and the "Kami" concept in Japan (where deities can be dispersed and inherent to even small objects) makes it easy to accept mascots as gods. I'm not sure on all the details but the connection seemed compelling enough. And thanks for the feedback!

Blog Entries
    This one has been in development hell for a lo~ng time. This was back when Cursed was around, and I even workshopped parts with him. The only thing that held me back was the companion Servant, which I finally stopped dragging my feet on.

Prostrate yourself, magus. Before you stands Priamus, son of Alexander, son of Joshua and Scamandrius, the daughter of Hector, son of Priam. You may be my master in name, but my true king commands your kind like common soldiers. You have my blade, but only Lucius Dominus Caesar Augustus Tiberius will have my allegiance.

Click

Does this truly change anything? I am Avenable, and I will do what is required.

Source
    Class: Rider
    Other Classes: Saber
    True Name: PriamusAvenable
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Place of Origin: Britain/Rome
    Height: 152 cm.
    Weight: 62 kilo.
    Dislikes: Judgmental people. Being seen as a ‘woman’.
    Natural Enemy: Gawain

Parameters:
    STR: C
    END: C
    AGI: C
    MGI: E
    LCK: C
    NP: B

Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance (C):
    Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Riding (D):
    Is able to manage beasts and vehicles with a modicum of skill. While there is no anecdotes of her riding a horse, it was one of the many things she learned during her time under the emperor, barely qualifying her for this rank.

Personal Skills:
    Grisandoles (D):
    Before marrying Lucius, she spent several years disguised as a man named Grisandoles and then several others as a knight named Priamus. While it loses its effect when heavily damaged, this Skill allows her to manifest a suit of armor that conceals her identity and appearance the same way as Secret of Pedigree, though that is all it does.

Sunslayer (C):
    While not someone whose legend is actually related to killing the sun, Rider’s skill was great enough to almost overcome Gawain even near the height of his power. This Skill is manifested due to the circumstance that Rider, a knight never noted before, was able to match the legendary Gawain.

The greater her foe’s legend and reputation is compared to her own, the more her luck stat rises, capping out at A+.

Noble Phantasm
    The White Stag: Pure Prophetic
    Stag
    Magus
    (C)

When Rider sought the wild man foretold by the stag, the creature appeared to guide her to her goal. This creature, who was Merlin in disguise, has become linked to her, appearing as her mount when in the Rider Class.

The mount itself is seems somewhat useless. It listens to her commands, but it seems to go against them on whims. It communicates to her in meaningless comments that occasionally have prophetic significance, and it seems intent on leading her into dangerous situations instead of away from them.

In many ways, the Stag has taken on several traits from the mage that took its appearance, often being more hinderance than aid to the one it serves. Rider seems to tolerate mostly due to the advantages it does bring, but more often than not annoyed by the Stag’s behavior.

Priamus: Wounded Redemption (B)
    Anti-Unit

A golden blade of Irish origin that was an heirloom of Lucius’s family, given to Rider as a gift. She was never told its name, and the sword is instead bestowed the name of her persona while wielding it. It's likely only Lucius remembers its True Name.

A passive Noble Phantasm, this sword inflicts wounds that cannot be healed naturally or with magecraft. A powerful curse without any known solution other than the destruction of the weapon, this weapon is extremely useful in the long term. Should one fight the same opponent multiple times or over the course of a long battle, the effects debilitate the enemy, allowing victory to become an eventuality.

Though her skill certainly had a hand in it, it was this weapon that contributed greatly to Rider’s duel with Gawain.

Lore

Priamus was hardly a knight of true note. A knight and nobleman that was allied to Lucius in his war against Artoria. He fought Gawain to a standstill that left them both near-death. Afterward, he would join the knights under Artoria, become a duke, and eventually be slain by Lancelot.

Priamus himself would be expected to be nothing more than a phantom, unfit to be summoned. However, ironically merged with the woman he would help capture and bring back to Britain after the emperor’s death allows them to both manifest as a Servant, with her being dominant due to her greater presence.

That is what she would have others believe.

Avenable was hardly like other woman of her time, especially for her standing as the oldest child of a duke. If it was up to her, she’d just spend her time with the men out in the wilderness, or maybe even fighting in the grand battles she would hear about.

Those desires were ignored by her parents, working to squash such wishes and bring her up in the proper way of a noblewoman.

That was until another duke named Frollo came and stole their land from them. Mathem managed to escape with his family. All except Avenable, who they were unable to find and was believed to have died in the final assault.

Instead, she had escaped on her own. Instead of seeking out her family, she fled from the forces of the duke, trying to decide what she would do next. Eventually, she would come to the decision that she would reclaim her family’s land even if she was the only member remaining as far as she knew.

So, she traveled to Rome, taking on the identity of a boy named Girsandoles who was an aspiring squire seeking to become part of the emperor’s court.

She had heard stories of the Sword Emperor of Rome, Lucius Tiberius. A man of unmatched power who quickly rose to become a high-ranking government official that ascended to emperor after the previous one’s passing. A fearless warrior that never lost a battle in his entire military career, fighting on the front lines and decimating all opposition.

An imposing figure, the emperor himself welcomed her into his court, even taking it upon himself to personally teach her for some reason. She supposed that maybe the emperor saw something in her, but she couldn’t help but be intimidated by the prospect of the ruler of the whole empire closely watching her.

Would he discover her true identity?

Even as she worked diligently to conceal her gender, she couldn’t help but be overjoyed to do all the things she desired without judgement or restraint. Being a man was just as freeing as she always believed it would be. She could be herself, but the shadow of her past always loomed.

She worked tirelessly under the emperor, Lucius taking an obvious shine to her and eventually making her a seneschal, all while her true identity remained a secret. She was happy with this new life of hers, and, even if it was built on a lie, she couldn’t imagine going back to her old one.

She watched the Sword Emperor every day and admired the strength he possessed. Admired his unerring will and confidence. His absolute certainty in himself and his authority.

Several years passed as her skill and ability continued to improve, but, no matter how hard she tried, she was never able to reach the realm of the emperor. At times, in their sparring, she could glimpse that distant plane Lucius resided on but was always jarred back down to earth.

She wanted to be like him. It was impossible to be like him.

Then the emperor had a dream, and things began changing.

The emperor told no one, not even her, of the strange dream he had. Still, when a stag of pure white raced through the capital, bellowing loudly and describing the crowned sow surrounded by twelve bulls he saw in his vision to everyone under him, frustration was obvious as it burst into throne room and kneeled before him.

The stag then declared that there was one hidden in the woods that could tell him what the dream foretold of, but the man would not be easily found or come willingly. Before Lucius could capture the stag and force an answer from it as to how it had known of his dream, it dashed out of the room and vanished from sight.

The emperor, more angry than curious, declared that he would be leading a hunting party to track down the stag. He had little trust in the words of a magical creature barging into his throne room and was much more interested in it than whatever man it spoke of in the woods. He’d simply pry the answer out of it.

Of course, Grisandoles joined the hunting party, following her emperor into the forest, though they could find no trail to lead them to their prey. The emperor even began searching for the man thinking the stag would likely be close by. Still, they found nothing.

After a week of searching with no traces of either, even the emperor was beginning to tire of the hunt. Avenable, however, was not yet done. She left the group, going on her own believing she’d be more likely to find the stag if they weren’t causing a ruckus wherever they went.

Whether or not that was the reason is up for debate, but she did in fact find the stag. She considered going to tell her emperor, but the stag was already moving, following it deeper into the woods, and eventually arriving at a small ramshackle shack.

The stag had vanished, but there by a fire was a man in white poking its coal with a stick as a pot cooked, steam rising from its contents. He looked up at her and smiled in what she soon realized was mirth.

“Well! I wasn’t expecting guests. Come closer, my lady! Join me in my dinner.”

Avenable was more than a little confused, but she was even more wary that he had seen through her disguise instantly when hundreds before had been none the wiser. She did end up sharing his meal though, and she explained that she had been searching for him. He said he was aware of their searching, but the one he had been waiting for was her. Rather than say why, he instead stated that all would be revealed when he was brought before the king and his court.

Returning with the man in tow, Avenable was surprised to find Lucius had been trying to find her, as she had left without a word. He seemed very irritated and chose to focus it she had brought. He appeared ready to slay the man when he said he’d only explain himself when they returned to the capital.

Restraining his frustration, Lucius waited till they had returned, telling Avenable along the way to not do something so foolish. Avenable, equally as irritated by the emperor’s words, pushed back in front of all his subordinates. She had done this for him and succeeded where he and everyone else had failed, so he had no place to rebuke her methods. Much to their shock, Lucius stormed and didn’t acknowledge her the rest of the way back.

Avenable, while annoyed by Lucius’s unjustified irritation for her, was confused as to where it could have come from. She also felt awash with fear as to what the emperor would do to her after defying him in such a way. She had seen what had happened to those who crossed Lucius Tiberius, but the punishment was less of a concern to her as what she would lose.

The emperor was angry, and he seemed even farther away than ever. Losing her life was one thing, but the thought of losing him was far more frightening. Almost as much as losing her self after only experiencing it for a few years.

The man, in contrast to them, was in very bright spirits, laughing at their argument and saying they really shouldn’t be fighting with how they were entwined. This caused the emperor to order him gagged, but the man hardly seemed to mind, humming merrily all the way to the capital.

The man didn’t even wait till the returned to the emperor’s court, somehow freeing himself of his bindings and revealing himself before all gathered to welcome their emperor home. Before anything could be done, the man threw himself into a long-winded speech of the circumstances leading to the present.

After many sentences of events that everyone there found increasingly difficult to believe, he went on to describe the emperor’s dream to the crowd surrounding them, revealing that the sow and bulls were actually his queen and her maidservants, the twelve of which were actually men. He went on to say they were not the only ones hiding their true selves within the emperor’s court.

Instantly, Lucius was before him, crimson sword cleaving through the mage. That is, if the mage wasn’t already somehow standing where Lucius had been before, which just happened to be next to Avenable. The mage placed his hand on the confused woman’s shoulder and declared that he had been impossible to find until a woman, not a man, had done what the others had failed to.

Lucius fumed as the onlookers processed the mage’s words and their meaning, and Avenable felt her world crumbling around her as the man in white laughed joylessly. He then declared his work was done as though he had accomplished something incredible and vanished from sight.

The emperor, still a being of authority and power, was able to gain control of his people in spite of the magus’s revelations. Saying he would personally deal with both Grisandoles and his empress, he and his entourage swept her away back to his palace.

Avenable could feel their eyes on her. Not just the people of Rome, but the soldiers and knights that she had traveled with, fought with, laughed and ate with, all looked at her like she was a stranger. It was just as she always feared. Her only thought was that if she was forced to once more wear the same mask her family placed on her, she would rather die.

Lucius wouldn’t even glance at her.

The emperor called for his empress to be brought before him, the woman arriving with an annoyed look on her face. Lucius told her about the vision and the interpretation, and she didn’t even attempt to hide her actions. Instead, she attacked him, saying it was not as though he hadn’t played a part in it. She had just found men willing to do what he wouldn’t and, apparently, he had done something similar, considering word had already reached her of the woman among soldiers.

Her execution was set, and she was taken away, Lucius telling the rest to leave him alone with Grisandoles. Avenable was ready. She had been deceiving the emperor all this time, but she wasn’t one who required a public execution like an empress. A part of her was just thankful he decided to do it himself.

The emperor sat there and let out a sigh of frustration.

“That man should have kept his mouth shut like I did. I didn’t need a dream to know what took place in my domain.”

She was confused as he spoke as though alone about how he’d already suspected that his empress had lovers, but he was more than willing to ignore it. Death was not something he foresaw in his future, and any child born wouldn’t be a threat but would alleviate the naysayers that he needed an heir.

Her confusion only grew as he continued on, saying they just didn’t seem to understand that he didn’t need anything like an heir. He was a god made manifest. A being of power that was never going to die, let alone be overthrown by a normal human.

He was the emperor. He was the only one ever able to wield Florent. He was power and authority personified! Why do they question him on such pointless and trivial things?

She stood there stunned as the emperor continued his tirade, the ever confident and critical man she admired ranting about grievances she didn’t even know he had and some of which she even found foolish.

Eventually, the list reached her. Surprisingly, his irritation was not because she deceived him, true gender, or that she was the reason he’d have to execute his empress. No, it was because now he had to figure out how to keep her in her current position.

Avenable didn’t know what to say as he let out another sigh before rising from his seat, his normal expression reasserting itself as he walked over to her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

“Don’t worry. You’re still my subject.”

And then, he was gone, and she was left working through the implications of all he’d said. Had he known since the beginning, even if no one else had? How? Maybe it was just after all the time they spent together. He was the person she spent the most time with, but she had never once let it slip, had she?

He hadn’t seemed to care.

It was not one day after the empress’s execution that Lucius announced his new empress. Avenable was as surprised as anyone by his proclamation, considering she was the subject.

None of his subjects questioned his reasons, at least not openly. There were rumors this was his plan all along or perhaps he simply saw the chance to use someone he molded and knew was loyal to prevent what had occurred with his previous wife.

The emperor never gave an answer, not even to her. All he said was that she could now do what she wanted, and if anyone had issue with it, they would have to answer to him. Avenable was grateful, possibly more than the emperor realized, but she also remained frustrated by all the events leading to this and how it still changed the way people acted around her. Now, she was seen as the empress that deceived her way into the bed of the emperor, not the capable and favored seneschal she had been not too long ago.

As time went on, Avenable’s love for both what she once desired and the emperor waned with every unspoken rejection she observed from her former peers. Why did it matter that she was a woman if she could do things just as well as any man? All Lucius had done was give dissenters more reasons to dislike her. She thought just being able to do what she wanted would be enough, but the fact she was excepting while doing them for so long meant a lot more than she realized.

Perhaps it would have been better for the emperor to simply kill her than let what she loved slowly be drained of joy.

This reached the point that Avenable decided she would leave the capital, hoping to start again hopefully for the last time somewhere else. She approached her emperor and told him she couldn’t be empress any longer. She couldn’t continue to stay and be something she wasn’t, so she asked him to allow her to leave.

The emperor didn’t seem angry or disappointed. If anything, he looked placid, but her years with him allowed her to notice the slight strain in the expression.

“Did my decision not satisfy you?”

There wasn’t scorn or worry in those words. It was a genuine question, as though he couldn’t understand why she was bringing this up.

“Nothing you could have done would.”

A frown creased his lips before he left, telling her to remain there until he returned. She stayed, waiting with growing dread of what he would do when he returned. Perhaps he would take her life now that she had rejected his solution. Still, she remained, believing she owed him more than enough for that.

“When I drew Florent, my ascension was assured.”

Lucius returned with an object wrapped in cloth, stopping in front of her as he spoke.

“Even before then, I knew I would be the one to rule. To hold the power over all and change this world. It was my Divine right. It was my destiny.”

He unwrapped the object, revealing a battle-worn sheath holding an ornate golden blade.

“This sword belonged to my family, but they forgot what it meant long ago. I decided to give it a new meaning. Now, it’s your turn.”

He placed the sword in her hands but kept hold when she tried to pull back.

“Who you were doesn’t matter. No matter where you go, you are still my subject, and, so long as you never forget that, I will always watch over you. Now, go.”

That was the end of it. He left without another word, and she was expected to leave in kind. She did, but she would often look back, wondering if things could have been different if that man had just kept his mouth shut.

Taking on a new name, she once more portrayed herself as a man and traveled to Florence, eventually becoming a respected knight. She worked hard and began to find that happiness that had been fading before, but it continued to linger in her mind of how quickly it could all turn. Respected, but also closed off, the knight known as Priamus was an oddity to they’re peers.

And so it was that the years passed by, and the emperor once more entered her life. He was planning to bring the British Isles back under Rome’s, and therefore his, control, and required the forces to do so. The army of Tuscany heeded the emperor’s call, and Avenable traveled with her fellow warriors for the land of the Britons, wondering if she would once more see the emperor, or if she even wanted to see him.

She was spared that question as the emperor did not accompany them on the initial assault, which many attributed as the reason they were repelled from the island by the British army. The emperor would lead them in the battles to come, but no longer as an invader, but now as the defender himself.

Avenable marveled at the power of the warriors of the British king. Knights with magical weapons and power enough to take on dozens of warriors at once. They cleaved through their army, showing just how great the divide between them and the inhabitants of the island were.

Then, they watched their emperor fight against the knight called Percival, one of Arthur’s knights wielding a spear that could wipe away ranks of soldiers with a single movement. The battle raged on around them, warriors on both sides being caught up in the duel between the supernatural beings, leading most to avoid them while trying to kill each other.

When Percival finally fell, Lucius held the knight’s spear overhead, ordering the remaining Britons to surrender. Once they had and were taken prisoner, he told his men “What was born of Rome will always belong to Rome”.

The message was clear. Britain was Rome’s, was the emperor’s, and he was taking it back. In that moment, Avenable knew without a shadow of doubt that he would stop at nothing to defeat the king that had claimed Britain.

Sadly, Avenable would never see her emperor accomplish that goal because she would fall in defense of that man. In one of the many battles the emperor could not personally lead, Avenable found herself sword to sword with another of Arthur’s esteemed knights. One whose power shown like the sun and grew stronger as it rose in the sky.

It was a truly grueling battle on both sides, with Avenable barely able to consider how evenly matched they were. She fought with everything she had, and she felt alive. It was moments like these that she had always craved, and ones she had sought out all her years under the emperor.

However, the end did not come from a decisive blow, but from the quality of weapon. For all its strange power, Avenable’s blade shattered, and with it, her will faltered for the briefest instant. So it was that her numerous injuries, several of which were grievous, finally caught up to her.

She fell, but she died doing what she loved.

Personality

Avenable portrays herself as a self-serious, stubborn, and often cold individual, caring only to interact with others when it is necessary and spending the rest of her time alone. A generally quiet figure of solitude who will do her job then go back to her corner awaiting further instruction.

She is actually a very emotive person on the inside. She loves to spend time with others and form bonds with her brothers and sisters in arms. She enjoys being outdoors, taking part in physically challenging activities and competition, and telling stories and sharing tales of adventures and life. Comradery with those she travels with is one of her most missed aspects of her past, and one that she will relish if she can lower her walls.

Unfortunately, few ever see this side, especially initially. Her own fear of rejection and insecurities about her gender and how others perceive it have led her to preemptive separate herself from those who would be her compatriots. This makes it hard to let people in, but a persistent and friendly individual could possibly break through the shell, something made easier by the fact of how little gender actually matters in terms of ability in Chaldea, a fact that already serves to alleviate some of her concerns. Still, she has a difficult time accepting companionship, even in these different circumstances.

Interacting with Lucius and those similar to him is a different story. Those who have an absoluteness of self are easier for her to open up to, as they're not the type to worry over the meaningless details of others. People who treat her with indifference or only mild interest will find her much more amiable than others.

As for Lucius, her deep admiration for him has not changed in the slightest. Were she to be placed in opposition to him, she would immediately defect to the other side unless he said otherwise. For her, there is only one man that has her absolute allegiance, and her only wish to be able to stay at his side and see the world he was trying to make.

Relationships

Lucius Tiberius: My Emperor. It has been quite some time. Even now, am I still your subject?

Gawain: That was a good fight, but I refuse to lose a second time.

Artoria Pendragon: You were a woman? …Had I been born in Britain…

Mordred: I understand her a little too well.

Iskander: I think you two might get along well. I might enjoy you joining our ranks.

Caenis: Transformed into a man? Perhaps I would have had an easier time had that happened to me.

Sanddef: Perhaps you should find different prey. I’ve fought alongside enough men like you.

Hansi Scharff: You built a life for yourself despite everything. It’s very admirable of you.

Britomart: I could've gotten along with her mother. Her, not so much.

Craft Essence

The One Called Caesar

I was always chasing after him.

The imposing figure that knew only the absolute.

I spent years with him, training, talking, and fighting. I was likely the closest person to the emperor.

But he was always somewhere else.

The world he saw, the path he walked. They were beyond me. Try as I might, I could never quite reach that lofty place.

A man without fear who ascended beyond true understanding.

Yet still I follow him, chasing that lofty figure. One day, I hope to understand him.

The one called Caesar.

Creator Notes

I found Aru by complete chance back in the day. A female King Arthur? What a unique concept!
    I just knew I had to use her for something when I found her, and Avenable was the perfect candidate I had on hand. I probably made the right choice changing her FC into just the single reveal pic using fanart, but I still wanted to show off the pics from the game and 4th ascension pic. You can click it to see how her original ascensions would have gone.

I kinda miss this era of me. When I gave everyone in-depth backstories like I was actually making a story. I just have substituted it for brevity these days, but there's something to be said for going all in on a character.

[Ender Lilies-Bloom Intro]
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; March 23rd, 2023 at 04:14 PM.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    I'm not waiting a whole year to post this idea

“Well, here I am, mjá. Where are they? What do you mean, what do I mean? If you’ve summoned me, you have some kids you want me to eat, right?”

Source
    Class: Assassin
    Other Qualifying Classes: Rider, Berserker, Monster
    True Name: Jólakötturinn, the Yule Cat
    Source: Norse Mythology, Icelandic Christmas Folklore
    Region: Iceland
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Attribute: Heaven
    Height: 144 cm / 4'9''
    Weight: 68kg / 150 lbs
    Traits: Servant, Female, Demonic Beast, Humanoid, Kemono, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Catalyst: Remains of a certain ancient chariot, performing summoning in Iceland during Christmas festivities

Talent: Frightening children, extensive complaining
    Natural Enemy: Grýla, Odin

Likes: Her previous owner, How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000 film), Modern music (rock, punk, emo, other adjacent genres), ‘Lazy bastards getting what they deserve’, Children
    Dislikes: Her current owner, How the Grinch Stole Christmas (all other versions), Hallmark, most modern Christmas traditions, Furry subculture, Children

Parameters:
    STR: A+
    END: A+
    AGI: D+
    MGI: D
    LCK: B
    NP: A

BOND 0A monster who roams the wilds of Iceland amidst the dead of winter. A bogeyman, a punisher of ungrateful children in the didactic Christmastime tradition.

An existence ill-suited to the modern world, and certainly one which hasn’t set foot in person on Iceland in centuries… yet having persisted in the cultural imagination enough to enable manifestation as a ‘hero’… a Servant.

But even then, the level of power and animosity this creature emanates… one cannot help but get the impression this is something much, much more ancient than its earliest appearances in the historical record indicate. Which begs the question… what is the Yule Cat?

BOND 1
    Class Skills
    Presence Concealment B
    A Skill denoting the ability to conceal the activities of oneself or others before they strike. The higher the rank, the harder it is for others to detect the user.

Despite the truly enormous size of the Yule Cat’s true form and her complete lack of need for subtlety, she is still a cat, an instinctively predatory animal. Legends of the Yule Cat describe it lurking throughout the countryside, on the hunt in the days before Christmas Eve and hidden from view before it’s too late by the snow which Christmas in Iceland frequently involves. Rather than hiding herself as strategy, animal instinct informs the Yule Cat’s stealth, granting her a surprisingly high rank in this Skill which doesn’t seem to properly align with her personality.

“…Ugggghh… leave me ‘lone. I just want to find a quiet place to sleeeeepp…”

BOND 2
    A long, long time ago… there lived a cat.

Well, to call it a cat would be disingenuous. In essence, that is what it was, but it was so much more than just that. The raw power behind it was something which only the strongest of Phantasmal Species could claim, something which only could have lived in the Age of Gods. It bore no name in an age when names where a form of power in their own right, but it was satisfied as an animal with basic needs fulfilled. It hunted for food when hungry and slept when tired, and that was all there was to it.

But that sort of directionless, quiet existence did not last.

One day, the cat came across a young girl while wandering the wilds of Vanaheimr. Having not encountered a human or anything shaped like one before, the cat found itself both confused and wary. The girl, bright and full of spirit, began to roughhouse with the cat, and wrestled and fought it with her bare hands. The cat, confused and frightened, fought back, and ended up exhausted and collapsed alongside the woman after hours of fighting.

Laughing and covered with sweat, the girl slowly got up, smiling brightly. “I haven’t had that much fun in a fight in ages! You’re really something, aren’t you?” She spoke. The cat, not understanding her, bristled in terror at seeing how even after all that, she had energy left to spare.

“You know, I’ve been thinking I need something to pull my chariot. And you seem just right, tough as nails and a real cutie!”

BOND 3
    Personal Skills
    Monstrous Strength B
    A Skill typically borne by monsters and beasts. Allows for the temporary boost to the carrier’s Strength parameter, with the timeframe allotted being based on the Skill’s rank. Borne of the absolute power of a wild beast. At the same time, to indulge in this will degrade the ability to think as an intelligent creature, and revert to the raw instinct held by an existence which does not need to possess capacity for thought to be a dominant species.

“I could kill you in less than five seconds, with my bare hands. …What’s that look for? Just stating a fact, mjá.”

Stalking EX
    A Skill for ensuring the continued pursuit of specified targets. The wild instincts of an ambush predator, able to track and sense prey through use of five senses and beyond. The EX-rank is indicative of the supernatural deeds of a ‘Christmas legend’. As Santa Claus visits the whole of the human population, giving gifts to all over a miraculous single night, the Yule Cat can sense, search out and find it’s prey (those who have not received a gift of clothing) and devour them all across Iceland, all within a few mere days. Prey will not escape notice or pursuit regardless of distance, and the Yule Cat will not be seen but sensed, causing building dread. While this to an extent cancels the benefits of Presence Concealment, it does not matter to Assassin. After all, cats are known to play with their food.

“Makes it go down easier if you psychologically torture them first. It’s proven.”

Glutton A-
    A Skill granted to Servants known for their great appetites. The higher the rank, the more the user is able to consume things that ordinary humans should normally be unable to eat. In addition, part of the food consumed is directly transformed into mana. A high rank indicates that the servant posses a monstrous mindset.
    A monster above all, known for eating. If an individual becomes a target of Assassin, they are no longer properly recognizable to her as individual living things, but rather a source of sustenance. Other versions of her legend, within which she doesn’t eat people, still show her devouring the food stores of those who she targets, leaving them starve over the course of harsh winters. The household of Grýla, whom the Yule Cat is considered the house pet of, are all known for this sort of excessive eating, with Grýla being cannibalistic and many of the pranks of the Jólasveinarnir (Yule Lads) involving the theft of food and cookware.
    Nonetheless, this mindset and pursuit of food is normally conditional. Imposing it on those who have not fulfilled the transgression which earns Assassin’s attention does not come naturally, and thus, a minus modifier has been added.

“I’m hungry, mjá. C’mon, gimme some hákarl or candles or children or something. I know you have to have something lying around, I can smell you’ve eaten food yourself within the last 48 hours.”

Yule Tradition E-
    Yuletide, the winter festival of the ancient Germanic tribes of Northern Europe. Closely associated with the demiurge
    Jólnir
    Odin
    , the Christianization of the Nordic peoples caused Yuletide to become Christmastide, with the continuation of customs in different forms.
    Assassin is a carrier of this traditional festival, an existence with ancient ties to it now a symbol of Icelandic Christmas festivities. The ability to draw from this connection, and emulate traditions such as the Yule Log, the Sonargöltr, heitstrenging and others, to gain access to a form of ritualistic magecraft.
    However, the rank of this Skill is truly abysmal, as Assassin is a wild beast who hates doing as she is told, and as a wild animal, has never properly celebrated Yule. Her distaste for the festival’s namesake and dislike for what it has become in the modern day also don’t help. Nonetheless, she is technically a ‘Christmas Servant’, whether she wants to be or not, and thus has a Skill to reflect it. Her compatibility with this ancient form is still marginally better than inarguably ‘Christmas’ Skills such as Gift of the Saint or even something as basic as Christmas Gift.

“I don’t know what to do with any of this crap. I make myself bats out of the Yule Log, though, it’s good quality stuff. Pain that they keep breaking when I hit things with them too hard, though.”

BOND 4
    This cat soon became a sacred animal of the Vanir Freyja, tasked with pulling her chariot alongside another of its kin in war. Despite the issues of its first impression, it quickly became fond of its owner and served her loyally. Throughout the war between the Vanir and Aesir, where the two groups eventually made peace and joined together, throughout her time operating Fólkvangr, and all throughout many other adventures… the cat served its owner faithfully. Just as it had found contentment in peace, it found joy in the service of a goddess of war.

But it was not to last.

The prophecies spoke of a time when the gods would come to an end, but the cat, even as it had matured and grown a form of humanlike intelligence itself by now, was not privy to this fact. Perhaps Freyja herself was, goddess of seiðr she was, but if so, it didn’t matter, because the cat was not told and did not see what was to come before it was upon it.

But even then, the changing of the eras would be felt. The cat, as did all others, heard of Baldr’s death, and wept and mourned. Capable of seeing the end to come or not, the cat still had instincts to fall back on, and feel the change in the air. An impending sense something was about to go horribly, horribly wrong.

And then the time of the Twilight of the Gods arrived, much too soon. The end had arrived.

BOND 5
    Noble Phantasm(s)
    Yuletide’s Lurking Man-eater
    Fara í Jólaköttinn

“Yep, that’s already a dead kid. Fara í Jólaköttinn for you, bud.”

NP type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1~10
    Targets: 1 person
    ‘If you don’t get and wear any new clothes before Christmas Eve, the Yule Cat will come and eat you.’ Fierce and sudden as a winter storm, Assassin arrives to punish the ungrateful, spoilt and unindustrious. A perpetually active low-level magical attack directed to those designated as ‘targets’ by Assassin, slowly wearing away at their energy and abilities while being pursued. When reduced below a threshold of remaining vitality, Assassin automatically has her true form partially manifest overlapping with her and unleash a finishing blow, devouring them and subsuming their magical energy and abilities to grant a small but permanent boost to Assassin’s abilities for the remainder of her summoning.

Of course, the weakness of this Noble Phantasm is both simple and obvious. It is turned off if the designated target receives a new article of clothing as a gift and wears it, and is subsequently granted complete immunity. Even something as simple as a cheap accessory can completely overturn it.

As Noble Phantasms go, utterly sub-standard and outclassed. That said, it might find some application as a way to stockpile power if the opponent lacks easy means to obtain new clothing to gift, has no allies to exchange gifts with, or simply is faced with enemies unable to deduce Assassin’s true name.

Ice Age of Impending End
    Fimbulvetur Hátíðisdagur

Source

“Mjá… really? Ugh, fiiiiiine. Ahem. I’ll show you a true white yule. Transient things, have all traces vanish in the blizzard which ends the world… Fimbulvetur Hátíðisdagur!”

NP type: Anti-City
    Range: ?
    Targets: 9
    The Winter Solstice, the longest night. A winter festival meant to lend some degree of togetherness and community to a time when the world is at it’s darkest and most hopeless… that is what Yule is, in Asssassin’s mind. The world at its darkest, a time which despite the festivities, possesses gravity the Age of Man fails to appreciate more often than not.

This Noble Phantasm does not draw from ‘the Yule Cat’, not truly. Rather, it is derived from a more ancient identity with a lost name. A being who lived to see the Twilight of the Gods. The onset of the end which directly preceded the wars and destruction of all things which followed, the three year-long freezing storm.

Fimbulwinter.

The time in which Yule is enacted marks the world at its coldest and darkest point… this Noble Phantasm is Assassin using her connection to these festivities alongside her memory of the world’s true ‘coldest and darkest point’ to enact an effect.

A Noble Phantasm Assassin is unwilling to activate except under very dire circumstances, due to the mental toll it places on her, but also undoubtedly her most dangerous. An immense winter storm which descends on the space surrounding her from all directions is called into being, plunging the world into night. As the storm tears away the mobility and stamina of all within, Assassin regresses into her true form, a monstrous cat of the Age of Gods. Within the storm, her physical attributes improve as she transforms, ice elemental damage is added to her attacks, and her Presence Concealment’s rank increases, making her an overall much more dangerous threat. A hunting ground fit for a monster.

BOND 6
    Winter descended, and Ragnarök began. The cat was astonished by the ferocity of the seemingly endless winter which had soon become a fact of existence. Heimdall blew his horn, and Freyja marshalled for war as the sun was clouded, emptying her great hall Sessrúmnir of the warrior souls she had earned as her rightful half from Odin. Offering what few comforts she could to them, the goddess grimly attached her cats to her chariot, and carrying her treasures and weapons, set out to the great battlefield to meet the end. Even knowing she would almost certainly die amidst the rest, she would fight.

With no prophesized opponent, Freyja flew to the aid of her brother in combat with Surtr. The two siblings fought with their whole spirit, losing battle it was, the cat bearing witness to it all while it carried its owner through. But eventually, the flames would grow too hot, and the cat was badly burned and injured. Freyja landed her chariot in one of few remaining safe pockets of earth, unfastened her other cat from the chariot, and left behind her beloved pet and chariot behind, returning to battle riding on the back of the other. Worn down by its injuries, the cat closed its eyes to rest and recover.

BOND 7

And then it awoke, and everything was gone. Hundreds of years had passed while the cat was recuperating from its injuries, and the Age of Man in the Nordic lands had begun in earnest. Freyja, the cat’s double, and all the great monsters and divine animals of old had disappeared from the surface of the world without a trace. Left behind on the edges of the Scandinavian texture, in Iceland, the cat had survived the great battle and destruction of much of the land, but now…

It was alone.

Left to wander this unfamiliar country, the cat wandered for untold years alone. A return to the peaceful life it had once known, but hollow and empty without the owner it had grown so used to. With so much now having retreated to the Reverse Side, feeding itself had become nearly impossible as well.

And so, left to waste away and keeping to the outskirts and wilds of the country, it went about.

Until one day in the early spring, the cat came across a house with seemingly no people. Confused, it approached the house and looked around, to find a family within, huddled together and dead.

Looking around, the cat saw the fields and food stores of the house nearly empty, and deduced what had happened. The family, too lazy to put in effort for themselves or work alongside other people, had failed to properly prepare food for winter, and had ended up starving and freezing to death over the course of the cold months. Their clothing was rags instead of animal furs; their fireplace had no burned log in it.

The cat was infuriated. The previous winter had been relatively mild, but still a couple had let themselves and their children die in a fashion that had been avoidable. After the true horrors and cold of Fimbulwinter, after the separation and loss of what the cat had come to care for, after the end of everything it had known, it only surviving by pure luck… these creatures who had inherited the earth from the gods had let themselves die to a now temperate, habitable planet, through laziness and carelessness alone. At that moment, something in the cat broke, and it came to a decision.

If humans would not appreciate the world for what it was, and shirk what few responsibilities they had… if they would not prepare for winter, and choose to leave their survival up to chance… if the cat was left to starve on their behalf, in a world which no longer accommodated it… then there was no point in leaving them alive. From that day on, humans which did not live industriously, or even care to do something as simple as get new clothes for each other before winter began in earnest, were nothing more than food.

And so, it went on, for centuries. Eventually, the cat came across the troll Grýla, a diminished jötunn descended from other lucky survivors of Ragnarök. The troll took a liking to the cat from afar and set out to tame it, beating it into submission as it had become weaker from being amidst the Age of Man until it submitted and became her family’s pet. The cat hated this woman, her manner of capturing it, her promiscuity, and her casual cruelty all seeming a mocking reminder of the goddess it had once served, but unable to fight back, it played along. And so, it became known of and disseminated throughout the island country as the Yule Cat, monstrous pet of Grýla and a symbol of Icelandic Christmas, remembered even as the ongoing Age of Man eventually led it and the trolls to retreat down to the Reverse Side of the World.

BOND 8
    Personality: Grumpy, pessimistic and disillusioned. Despite having become a ‘Christmas Servant’ herself, the Yule Cat hates Christmas and what it has become representative of. She hates the echoes of the old world she found comfort in sprinkled throughout the traditions, she hates the humans who celebrate it, she hates her current owners, and she hates the artificiality and corporate consumerism, viewing it in whole as some sort of bad joke at her expense. She isn’t necessarily always cruel, but she doesn’t like all but a select few humans who meet a series of arbitrary qualifications. She thinks kids are loud and usually too spoiled, so she’s completely willing to eat them, but she doesn’t really revel in it, being more than fine with them being left alive if they show potential for developing maturity and responsibility.

Her personality in some ways is a lot like a negative stereotype of a cat. She’s most vocal when she’s distressed and quiet when she’s content, flips between coming across as anti-social and craving connection on a dime, begs her Master to get her food incessantly, tries hard to avoid fights against all but those significantly weaker than her, defaults to destroying things when antsy and bored, and has a very pronounced casually sociopathic streak. As a Servant, she’s quite powerful, but her personality makes her a handful which all but the most patient of Masters are likely to struggle with. For those few who prove able to earn her loyalty over time through contending with her various neuroticisms and demanding nature while showing kindness and affectation, alongside an inner strength she respects, she forms a close bond akin to the one she held a long time ago with her original owner, and grows to become a fiercely protective, obedient and (sort-of) personable Servant.

Wish: “…A wish, huh? The idea of making a wish and having it be actually granted feels a bit too Christmas-miraclely for my tastes, and I can’t help but think even if I could get it, I’d squander it on something impulsive. …Yeah, I can’t think of anything, sorry. Sure, I have stuff I want, but anytime I come close to settling on something, I think of something I kind of want more, and then it just repeats.”

Wish (Bond 5)
    “My current existence is a joke. I’m nothing but some dumb story of a holiday I’ve never liked, and never bought into, and that’s it. When she went out of her way to keep me safe after I couldn’t fight anymore… I can’t help but think she wanted better for me than this, and that I’ve ended up disappointing her. My wish is that I need something better than this, something more meaningful to properly dedicate to myself. And if I can’t find something like that… than I want to go back to that awful day, and be able to fight alongside her again, to the end like I feel like I should have.”

BOND 9
    Relationships
    Master:
    “Ugggghhh… I’m soooo hungry… hey, you summoned me, so you’re responsible for this. Get me some fooood…”

Master (Bond 5):
    “If you need something, just ask. I’m real tough, y’know. Just sit back and relax, mjá.”

Freyja (Rider) (RoydGolden):
    “Hey, there she is! I was hoping with all the weirdos running around, there’d be some proper version of her here… my real owner. Actually, now that I’ve become more humanlike since I last met her, I think I’m just going to call her ‘boss’. ‘Owner’ makes it sound like some weird sex thing. Although, to be fair, she’s no stranger to weird sex things.”

Frey (Saber) (RoydGolden):
    “Oh, this loser. Okay, I guess. I wouldn’t say I dislike him; I’ve seen him do some cool stuff when it counts, but uh… most of the time he’s just unsufferable. I’ll probably get dragged into something idiotic sooner or later if I hang out around him too much, so I’ll keep my distance. He really should hurry up and get some already.”

‘Freyja’ (Berserker) (Alexcoene):
    “What in the…? Oh no, wait, I think I remember hearing about this. Seriously, the Aesir are nutjobs, although it makes sense if it was his idea. Whatever, I’m a cat. I don’t really care. If I wanted to talk shit about him, I can find plenty of other ways to do it. Really doesn’t measure up the real thing though, I’m surprised that idiot didn’t see something wrong immediately.”

Santa Servants:
    “Ugh. What a farce, mjá. All of these lunatics running around parroting some garbage about their idea of the ‘true meaning of Christmas’… Keep trying as hard as you like, you folks aren’t convincing me for a second. At least with their weird understandings of what presents ‘should be’ means more food for me at the end of it all.”

Jeanne d’Arc Alter Santa Lily (Lancer) (FGO):
    “Yeah, a kid in charge of giving everyone presents, great idea. Who approved this exactly, again? The only one getting a present actually worth a damn at the end of the holiday is me, I guess.”

Loki=Rod (Gatekeeper) (DracoScribe):
    “…You think you’re good at hiding it, don’t you? I can feel your eyes on me. Judging me. What a joke. You think you have the right to call yourself a protector of anything, let alone children? The old man might be garbage in his own right, but you aren’t any better, assuming you’re not worse. I’m not sorry, and I’ll keep doing it for as long as it takes for them to learn for good. Go find someone else to embarrass yourself acting all self-righteous from afar towards.”

Santa Claus (Stranger) (Gl4re):
    “And there he is, wow, what a surprise. What a stupid getup. …I want to pull a Fenrir, mjá. Think that counts as a present?”

Frau Holle (Caster) (DracoScribe):
    “…Uh oh. I think I recognize her, and this isn’t… Okay, okay, listen! I know you’re probably not a fan, and, like, fair, but really, is me eating them that much worse than you turning ‘em all into dogs??”

Krampus (Assassin) (Dark Lord Potato):
    “…Badass.”

Baldr Jölnir (Saver) (DelRey):
    “What the heck is he doing…? Hey! What are you doing, golden boy?! Put that stuff down! Are you trying to give us all heart attacks?!”

BOND 10
    Craft Essence

The Christmas Cat

Source
    Once, a long time ago, the gods came down from Asgard to celebrate a festival, unseen upon mortals. In the form of a young girl, one brought along her pets, shrunken down and perched on her shoulders.

As one of the cats looked around and saw games, feasting, competitions, and hearty drinking, it found itself surprised. It had been so cold outside on the journey down to here, and the humans had to stay inside for such almost all day for months to survive.

“Owner, why do the humans celebrate? The world has become so cold, and they can no longer grow food or live comfortably. I would think they would curse their realm and gods, not thank them.”

The young girl smiled. “Ah, little one. To have been able to survive through the year until now, and to build their spirits through the cold months still to come… that is why they celebrate.”

The cat was confused. “To celebrate having lived? To exist is to live. I do not understand.”

The young girl stroked her cat’s fur fondly. “You do not understand because you are blessed. You have been born strong and mighty. You have never had to struggle to continue to live.”

The cat purred contentedly at the praise.

“Perhaps one day, you will be faced with something so dangerous even you will need to struggle with all your being to live… and then, when you get through that challenge, you will understand what it is to celebrate continuing to live.”

The cat purred, “I am so mighty, I doubt anything exists which I would find a challenge.”

The young girl laughed at her pet’s boast. “Perhaps nothing does, little one. But even if you don’t understand, that’s no reason to not enjoy this festival. Shall we mingle with the humans?”

The cat looked upon these weak creatures, smiling, joyous, and full of spirit still, and for a reason it couldn’t put into words, felt content.

“Yes, owner.”
    Author's Notes
    A bit of a conceptually messy sheet, but I hope people still enjoy. I decided to try a different format (i.e. crib DracoScribe's in it's entirety) because I feel like what I was using wasn't good at using the sheet as a narrative medium, which in a sheet which had a bit more of a narrative behind it instead of just retelling the existing legend seemed like more of a priority. Hope you're okay with me snagging your stuff Draco.

...I know no cure for evil. DracoScribe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FarewellToMrA View Post
    I decided to try a different format (i.e. crib DracoScribe's in it's entirety) because I feel like what I was using wasn't good at using the sheet as a narrative medium, which in a sheet which had a bit more of a narrative behind it instead of just retelling the existing legend seemed like more of a priority. Hope you're okay with me snagging your stuff Draco.
    Oh don't worry, it's fine. Honestly I'm a little flattered you thought to use my style. I mean, my format is based on WhiteFrenzy's, modified to have less BB code and images because I write my stuff on my phone so minimal BB code is preferred for me. And...I'm gonna end up rambling. Basically, it's fine. I'm glad you think the format was what you wanted for this sheet. As for the sheet itself...

I'm probably the last person you want to comment on it because of how biased I am, even more so with you using my formatting style, but since I'm here, I might as well.

I like it! You say it's conceptually messy, but it didn't feel like it to me. Maybe it's because it reminded me of some of my own sheets (notably, and perhaps fittingly, Frau Holle and Loki=Rod), but it felt easy enough to understand and follow. Of course, with you using my format, which I do because it just fits my preferences, I also happen to like the story you told. How much of that bias, or my bias towards your sheets in general, is causing me to like it, I can't tell, but I enjoyed it. A grumpy cat in every sense of the word. I felt bad she doesn't like Christmas...but I can hardly blame her. Out of the skills and NPs, the Stalking skill stood out the most to me. It feels like, you know, the kind of thing "horror monsters" would have, where they could appear "anywhere" and you can feel them nearby but you can't see them. And...yeah. That's it.

Okay not actually it, because why not...

Loki=Rod
    Dialogue 1:
    "Well well, the Yule Cat. Or rather...Freyja's trusty stead. I don't think she liked me then and she certainly wouldn't like me now. I mean, I'm a protector of the home, which includes children, so I'm supposed to be against her. But well...I can't really dislike her, you know? Her heart's in the right place, and I'm not one to talk when it comes to what I do to get a point across, especially in my past as Loki."

In response to Jólakötturinn:
    "... I know my words mean nothing to you, but I hope you find peace."

(Contrary to Yule Cat's perception of the Trickster, Loki=Rod understands why she's doing it. He doesn't like it, obviously, but it is more pity than anything, and try as he might, he can't hide it when he knows that she's right about his behavior as Loki as opposed to Rod: he is probably the last being you'd want to protect children. But protect him he shall, no matter what others think, just as she punishes them, no matter what others think)

Frau Holle:
    Dialogue 1:
    "Oh, her, Jólakötturinn. Ha... She just reminds how I was like before. I almost regret what I did, along with many other things. So I get why she does it...but because I stopped, I still want her to stop."

In response to Jólakötturinn:
    "...yes, I am aware it's just as bad, but unlike you, I used to do that. Meanwhile you're now still eating children."
    (Unsurprisingly, she is glaring at the Yule Cat)

(Of course, Frau Holle doesn't like her and tries to get her to stop eating children, if at least while she's summoned as a Servant, but not because she hates the cat. It's more because she sees her past self in her and wishes to help her to move on just as she did)
    Author of:
    Persona 5: Refraction (SV link; FF.net link)
    "You didn't have to fight for me, you know." "And you didn't have to curl your hair so we'll look even more alike." Ren stared before he softly chuckled, Akira joining him not long after. With one simple decision as a child, Ren Amamiya goes to Tokyo alongside his little sister, Akira. (P5R Sibling AU) (Ren/Ann, Akechi/Fem!Akira)
    Chapter 55 on: April 24, 2024 (GMT +8:00)
    Velvet Throne
    My list of my Servants! Still small for now.

Blog Entries
    Welp. Was originally gonna do Binder Sigyn (and Narfi and Nari) first. But then I was in the mood for ANGST and it took a while to actually write it out...but here is the result.
    and hopefully it's good because i love these two and really wanna do 'em justice
    also yes the most recent holy schlock war round inspired me to finish this
    "Ha... Ha... You... You called for us? A kinslayer who was forced into the act?"

"And a feeble spouse who could do nothing but watch her family suffer?"

"ha ha.

"Ha ha.

"Ha Ha...

"HAHAHAHA.

"Ha..."

"Well then, I hope you need Odin or his kin to be killed, as otherwise we..."

"...are not particularly the most...useful for you, 'Master'. But then again...

"You probably already knew that, didn't you?

"Why else would you summon me, Sigyn, the wife who has been forgetten..."

"...and me, Vali, the son who has been deemed an error."

Mother and Son

Class: Avenger
    Other Eligible Classes: Lover, Binder, Ruler (Sigyn)
    True Name: Sigyn and Vali
    Alignment: True Neutral (both)
    Origin: Norse Mythology
    Attribute: Heaven
    Height: 205 cm / 6'9'' (Sigyn); 190 cm / 6'3'' (Vali)
    Weight: 77kg / 170 lbs (Sigyn); 83 kg / 183 lbs (Vali)
    Traits: Servant, Female, Male, Divine, Humanoid, Weak to Enuma Elish, Trickster
    Catalyst: Summoning an Avenger class Loki Servant; a rune bearing the title "Incantation-Fetter" paired with a wolf skin and spilled blood from one's kin

Talent: Dealing with Tricksters (both); gardening (Vali)
    Natural Enemy: Odin, Váli Odinson, anyone who hurts children, oathbreakers

Likes: Loki, his children, children, mischief (Sigyn); his family, flowers, mischief (Vali)
    Dislikes: Boredom, Skadi, Odin, earthquakes anyone who hurts children (Sigyn); Odin, Váli Odinson, history erasure (Vali)

Parameters:
    STR:
    E - D+
    END: A - B+
    AGI: E - C+
    MGI: A - C+
    LCK: E - E+
    NP: A+

BOND 0"Do you hear it?

"The belows of wrath? Wishing our tormentors to know our pain?

"The wails of despair? Wishing our loved ones weren't lost to us?

"The cries of regret? Wishing our actions could've changed our fates?

"That is us. And we will see our wish come true."

BOND 1
    Class Skills
    Avenger A
    An Avenger never forgives. Every slight and grudge against them is just simply adding to their own. It is easy to give into hatred and resentment after all. The rate of mana generation becomes higher when receiving damage as a result.
    This skill is possessed by both Sigyn and Vali and its rank is shared between the two. The rank is also high thanks to Sigyn's personal skill, Oath Keeper.

Oblivion Correction A
    An Avenger never forgets. Even when people do, an Avenger never will, for the moment they forget, their grudge will be lost, and thus their very existence.
    The skill belongs to both Sigyn and Vali and its rank is shared between the two. The rank is also high thanks to Sigyn's personal skill, Oath Keeper.

Self Replenishing (Mana) B
    An Avenger never forestalls. They will keep going and going, no matter the obstacles or damage to their self, until they achieve their goal: of avenging their grudge.

Sigyn is utterly devoted to Loki, her promise to support him carved into her very soul, so she can never forgive the lot her husband, her family and herself were given when they were alive, which is only reinforced by the class container she currently inhabits. Vali, meanwhile, is not only similarly devoted, taking after his mother in that way, but has been hurt in a way that some might argue is worse than what befell Sigyn or even Loki: some think he doesn't exist. And the reason for that is that a son of Odin shares his name, and scholars theorize that his relation to Loki has been minstranlated or misunderstood. And now, standing side-by-side, Vali is only able to exist as his own individual and not fused with the one he hates thanks to his only legend being tied to his mother, and thus giving him a trait incompatible enough with Váli "son of Odin and Rindr" to prevent such: "the son of Loki and Sigyn".

So they will never forgive.

They will never forget.

And they will never forestall.

"You think our grudge would be gone with our deaths and Ragnarök?! You think you'd get away with it thanks to that?! YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST TRAMPLE OVER OUR FAMILY LIKE IT WAS NOTHING?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Well then, SUuuuuUUuUuuuRPRiiiIiiIIIIiiiSEeEeeeeEe! We're coming for you and there's no twilight of the gods to stop us now.

BOND 2

Loki, the trickster god of the Norse.

There are few who do not know of him, as one of the most well-known figures from Norse mythology. He is known for causing problems for everyone around him, whether that be his supposed allies in the aesir, or whoever happens to be his enemy when asked for assistance from the aesir. He has fathered many children, two of which would bring about the deaths of two gods during Ragnarök, an event which he was the harbinger of with his murder of Baldr.

His wife, Sigyn, on the other hand, is his opposite.

There is very little left known of her. All that remains is a title, "Incantation-Fetter"; her only deed, "providing reprieve for her husband from a venomous snake"; her relation to Loki, "wife of the trickster god"; and her children with her husband. Were it not for how notable each of those elements are to the story of Loki and the events that led to Ragnarök, perhaps she would've been completely lost to time.

As such, it is very easy to view Loki as the "evil troublemaker god" and Sigyn as his "unfortunate wife trapped in marriage with him".

Vali, however, just views them as "Mother" and "Father", the best parents ever.

Contrary to the pity the other gods gave the oathkeeper, Sigyn had married Loki out of a deep love for the trickster.

Their love story wasn't the usual, Loki appearing one day in her life and acting as if they knew each other for years and years, curious of how the goddess who noticed his tricks would react to this one, and to that Sigyn played along with his trick...until it wasn't a trick anymore. The trickster fell for the oathkeeper and eventually swore marriage vows to one another, their marriage leading to both of them being worshipped as god and goddess of Norse house spirits, husvaettir.

As such, the day Sigyn told Loki of her pregnancy was a joyous occasion for the couple, and both were eager to greet the newest addition to their family.

BOND 3
    Personal Skills
    Core of Lost Gods EX
    The mark of a beings that are gods.
    This skill belongs to Sigyn and Vali, the latter's core similar enough to his mother, from their shared blood to their lost place in history, that their Servant container considers them as one. As such, even though they have individual cores in their respective bodies, if one of the pair's core is damaged, the other is as well.
    Sigyn is one of the ásynja, the female gods of Asgard. Though she is associated with Loki, whose core is usually deteriorated for one reason or another when summoned, hers has been kept as it is. Vali is her son, fathered by her husband Loki, and so is a god himself. If he was somehow, impossibly, summoned on his own, it would be degraded due to the fact that scholars consider his existence a "transcription error", but with their container considering their individual cores as "one", he shares his mother's rank.

Oath Keeper B
    The power to ensure any promise, any oath, uttered and sworn on an oath keeper or their name is kept, by ensuring it will never be broken.
    That was one of her roles when she was a goddess, lost to time, but she still remembers it. She might not compare to the goddess Styx of Greece, but she is still a goddess. Any oath sworn to her will not be broken without consequence.

In more practical terms, it means that if you make a promise to her or involve her in a promise, whoever breaks the promise, whether that be the promise-maker or an outside force, will have their parameters lowered and a certain amount of damage dealt to them as "backlash", the degree of which depends on the amount of "promises" broken. As an example, if one "promises" to her that their skills or spells will empower allies and an enemy gets rid of those boosts or spells, that enemy will recieve the backlash. If two promise to her the same and one enemy breaks both, the debuff and damage is increased. Of course, that means should an enemy swear to her name and have their skills cancelled, her allies would face such effects. However, that would rarely occur, for what enemy would swear an oath towards their foe?

Well...any enemy besides, perhaps...a trickster.

This also means that, should Avenger refuse to enact on their promise of revenge against the Norse gods that wronged them, they in turn will be damaged by this skill.

Another consequence of this skill ensuring that promises are kept is that the effects of promises are boosted. Normally this has little practical use for "promises" done so that spells or skills cancelled will badly affect the opponent as the promise getting the boost is the promise itself and not the spells or skills being used. However, in this incarnation, the effect has a use, as it's boosting the ranks of their class skills, Avenger and Oblivion Correction, as those skills are promises to themselves and each other to see through the grudge their container allows them to enact.

This skill belongs to Sigyn and would be lower ranked because of people no longer remembering her role. However, thanks to her personal skill, Incantation-Fetter, a title that is still attributed to her alone, Oath Keeper is maintaned at the rank it would be should her worship have remained strong due to Incantation-Fetter being an extension of Oath Keeper in life.

Incantation-Fetter EX
    The words to cancel magic. The power to fetter strength. The ability to chain and bound others. That is the Incantation-Fetter, the skill which denotes the sets of ancient galdr that perform sealings of many kinds.
    And that is one of Sigyn's titles that still is known to us. As an extension of her role as an oath keeper, Sigyn is able to cancel spells and seal the powers of her opponents with but a few words. Of course, the higher the target's Magic Resistance, the longer it will take to have those effects be in action, but unless one can match her rank, she will be able to seal the magic and strength of her opponents eventually.

Vow to a Trickster EX
    The promise to her husband, forever etched into her very core, even in this state, broken and battered from the end of her life. No matter what place or era, if there is a Loki there just as Sigyn is summoned, then she will support him with all that she has. As such, she can grant him significant offensive and defensive buffs for a short bursts. Normally, it would only work on Loki, however, because she is so fond of her husband, anything that reminds her of her husband, that being Servants with "Loki-like" or "Trickster" traits or the "Chaotic" alignment, they also gain the buffs, if at a lower boost than what she can grant Loki.

Shapeshift C
    The ability to change one's form. The higher the rank, the more kinds of forms one can take shape, and the more perfectly they can mimic them.
    As the son of one of the world's most prominent shapeshifter, it was no surprise to his parents that he could shapeshift too. However, unlike his father, he can only shift into various canine forms. He can, however, more precisely control his transformation than most. He can specifically target which parts to transform and how much, allowing him to appear as a "wolfman" like how modern day typically depicts werewolf forms or having certain limbs and organs turn lupine. As such, his rank isn't terribly low but not high either.

Godslayer (Kin) C++
    The act of killing a god. This is a skill possessed by those who have committed the act. Even mere mortals with this skill can have a fighting chance at wounding the divine. This particular variant has been possessed by those who are gods themselves, one way or another, and have commited such an act against their kin.
    Having killed his beloved siblings, who were full-blooded gods, in an induced berserker state, Vali possesses this variant of this skill. It's at a high enough rank that, should he ever encounter his half-siblings or his fellow triplets, he has a good shot at grievously wounding them despite his near erasure from history. But as his siblings are minor gods mostly lost to time, it is not as high as it could be for managing to commit such a deed considered incredible by mortals. As such, its power, increases should his target be his kin or fellow gods, and is further increased when their Noble Phantasm is unleased.

Vali loathes Godslayer (Kin) with all his being. It is a reminder of the sin he was forced to commit. It is a reminder that he had failed to protect his siblings. So he would sooner kill himself before he has to uses it against his fellow triplets once again, or any of his siblings, something Sigyn agrees with and will follow through. He is much less hesitant though to use should he face other gods, especially against Odin and his kin.

"You might as well use it to your advantage, after all."

"Ha ha ha...yes. Imagine the irony, after all, of someone forced to become a godslayer by the gods to then slay those gods in turn. HA HA HA HA."

"It will make our retribution all the sweeter."

BOND 4

Almost as if taking after their parents immediately, they gave them a surprise in the form of not one, but three children being born at once, already giving the parents a handful. But for the two tricksters, they felt it was a good sign, the two more than looking forward to what trouble the newly christened Vali, Narfi, and Nari would bring them.

Vali's childhood was almost like a dream. His mother was a quiet but steady presence, always there to comfort should be hurt or help should he be in trouble. His father was much louder, more exuberant than her, but no less a welcome presence with his hugs and nuzzles and kisses. His siblings were rather similar to him, always smiling and up to no good. Not that the rest of the family, including himself, was better. While he was more like his mother in that they were quiet and didn't express their emotions easily, that didn't mean they didn't enjoy the antics Loki and Narfi and Nari would get up to, often times coming along with his parents and siblings for their duties as husvaettir deities, and sometimes meeting up with his half-siblings too. And once they were done, Vali was free to do as he pleased, and so when he took to gardening, everyone in the family pitched in to help him do so, just as he would do the same with his siblings' artistic endeavors.

To him everything was bright and lovely.

But then he got older, and learned how others would treat his parents and what they thought of them.

Loki, the troublemaker who tricked all.

Sigyn, the oathkeeper who fell for it.

What a pity an asynja like her was stuck with such a god...someone who only knew how to cause problems.

It was a shock. How could they think that? His parents weren't anything like that.

But it was then the two sat him down and told him neither were really "good" beings as others would say, having had more than their fair share of heartless momentd for one reason or another in their long lives. Yet, as he looked at the other gods, as he looked at the humans they would care for...he couldn't help but say,

"I wouldn't have wanted anyone else as my mother and father."

So really, nothing changed. He still bantered with his father. He still listened to prayers with his mother. And he still was the big brother who made sure that his younger siblings didn't get in too much trouble...all the while having his own form of fun as he did so. He was just a little more aware, a little more wiser, about how the world wasn't as "black and white" as he thought it was, and Sigyn was happy abouy his growth.

But then the day happened.

BOND 5

Noble Phantasm

"The cave I suffered."
    "The fate I wrought."
    "FACE OUR TORMENT AS YOU BEAR THEM BOTH!!!"

Cave of Umbrage, Fangs of Ruin
    Hellir Umbrags, Vígtennur
    Feel The Pain Of Our Sins and Regrets

Type: Anti-Army, Anti-Divine

A simple cave.

That's all it should be.

And yet that cave was where everything ended for them.

The lives of his siblings. The lives of her children.

The freedom of his parents. The freedom of her husband.

The happiness of their lives. The end of their futures.

So as the catalyst for their existence, it is the crystalization of their grief, their pain, their RAGE.

Upon True Name release, Sigyn creates a large Bounded Field in the form of a cave, around 333 feet/101 meters in circumpherance, that, thanks to her power as "Incantation-Fetter", traps any and all Servants, life forms and supernatural phenomenon inside. If anyone dared step out of it, any and all skills and Noble Phantasms below its rank are sealed immediately, while those equal to its rank sustain damage for the number of skills and Noble Phantasms equal to it. Anything with an indeterminate ranking are unaffected.

Those that remain within the cave are designated as "doomed", with the only "future" allowed for them is their death. As such, all skills or Noble Phantasm that manipulate the Luck of themself or others are sealed, including negative effects on the parameter. This effect applies to any would-be allies just as much as enemies.

Once this is all set, Vali reenacts his only proof of existence. His skill Godslayer (Kin) gets boosted, and he receives Madness Enhancement EX, greatly enhancing all of his parameters, and Battle Continuation B to get the job done. With all that in place, he attacks everything within the Bounded Field, including any would-be allies. The only exception is the other half of the container, Sigyn, as in the throes of his berserker rage, their "shared" core makes his instinctual mind consider her the "same" as him. As such, should Sigyn be in danger, he will prioritize protecting her. Otherwise, he will keep attacking and attacking and attacking until all opponents are gone, whereupon he will lose his extra skills, the boosts to his existing skills, and lose consciousness. Had he been summoned by himself, as farfetched that would be, he would've faded away once he was done, just as he died to the one who stole his place in history. But being summoned with his mother lets him remain, for even when Sigyn lost all that was important to her, she remained to see through her husband's fate.

So she will see through the fate of those within this cave.

But like how some kinds of precognition only see one future, just because "death" is only allowed on those marked as "doomed", doesn't mean they cannot avert it. Should one's Luck parameter be high enough even after modifiers to it have been sealed, it raises the chances of passing the Luck check needed to "break through" the Bounded Field without any consequences. And anyone who has "defied fate" before has even better chances of escaping or outright cancelling this Noble Phantasm.

Almost as if, if Sigyn or Vali had been lucky, or maybe if they had just tried...they could've broken away from their "fate" as well.

"Ha ha... HA HA.
    AHA HA HA HA!
    But then we wouldn't be here if we did...now would we?"

BOND 6

It was a normal day. At least, normal for Vali, as his father came home from whatever he was doing and went into his shared room with his mother to discuss something with her while he prepared dinner. But when they came out, while for almost anyone they appeared normal, Vali and his siblings could feel something was different with the two of them.

Something...broke.

And Vali wouldn't find out until it was too late.

It was yet another normal day. Maybe a little noisier than usual, because everyone was playing "throw things at Baldr" again, but it was still normal for Vali. Mother and Father had been out for a few days, most likely for their duties as husvaettir deities, and hadn't brought him or his siblings along for it. Narfi and Nari were busy in the living room with their newest art piece, several figurines of their various siblings as gifts for them the next time they visited, so he was out in the back of their house tending to his garden.

That's when everything else broke.

Their home was stormed in and they were taken away without any care for how rough or sudden they were. They protested and resisted all the way but they were still but juveniles compared to all the other gods and goddesses. But soon enough, they were put down...right in front of their father, held down by a net encasing him, charged with the murder of Baldr.

And as part of his punishment, they were to be killed before his eyes.

But none of them took that lying down.

His father struggled while he and his siblings fought their executioner, a god he hadn't recognized. It didn't matter that they were inexperienced in fighting, as he shifted into a wolf, they would figure out a way out of this. Despite that, after he was struck by one their executioner's blow, he managed to gain the advantage against him and gave it his all to maul him, relishing in destroying his would-be killer until...

"VALI! STOP!"

...his father screamed, his voice filled with anguish and desperation.

It was only then did he realize a haze was clearing in his mind...and that the executioner below him was smaller than he was supposed to be.

He looked down...

no...

...and saw...

No...

...it was Narfi and Nari.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

In his grief, he was driven mad and attempted to resume his rampage, but that moment of shock was the opportunity his executioner needed.

And so Vali, son of Loki, was slain by Vali Odinson.

And the remains of the siblings he had slain were used to bound his father.

BOND 7When the news reached Sigyn, who had been doing her husvaettir goddess duties while Loki enacted his plan just as they agreed, her heart shattered just as her husband's had. They knew they would suffer for triggering the first sign of Ragnarök. They had accepted that. But to include their children in it? To be killed before a proper trial? Despite both ensuring they were not complicit in their scheme to keep their innocence?

What was left of her heart burned, the splintered pieces of her heart becoming the fuel for her resentment.

And as Sigyn stood by Loki's side, giving him reprieves from the venom of the snake above him, for years and years and years...that resentment grew.

And grew.

And grew.

And grew.

Until it was time for Ragnarök and both parents were all the more willing to see it all burn, Loki dying in his battle against Heimdall and Sigyn following shortly thereafter.

But as if their suffering in life wasn't enough...while Loki was remembered despite of, and perhaps because of, his deeds as a trickster god who trouble wherever he went, Sigyn and their children were not. With Sigyn, some fragments remained, but their children? Only what was done to Narfi and Nari and how they bound their father, and even then they think it was one being with different names instead of two seperate beings. And Vali...

Vali was considered a "transcription error" of Vali Odinson, the true slayer of "Narfi or Nari" and turned him into the chains that bounded Loki.

"Ha ha ha... Now you see? Now you see why we are like this? The memories of my son... The memories I share with our combined Saint Graph... The memories that mirror my own when it was our time to fulfill our roles in Ragnarök. Our hatred for those roles written in fate...with no other target to release it upon but the ones who harmed us. That is why my son can only manifest with me, not only because I cannot be summoned by myself under normal circumstances, but because he is as part of my only legend as I am his. Yes, in a sense, they don't deserve our ire any more than any ire they might have on us for playing ours roles just as they played theirs.

"But it's hard to let go of hatred aimed at those who have harmed what you hold dear.

"And it's even harder...

"...to let go of hatred aimed at yourself."

"...so I won't let go. We won't let go.

"Not until they know the torment I have faced.

"And then maybe...

"I can make up for what I've done.

"And what Mother was unable to stop."

BOND 8Personality: Broken and tired. That can easily sum up the usual temperaments of Sigyn and her son, Vali, most of the time.

Sigyn is a quiet presence, not aloof when interacting, not callous when others need help, and not exasperated when dealing with anyone less than pleasant or incredibly boisterous. A personality that neither stands out nor is ignored. But the moments when she seems more than that, a hint to what the Norse Trickster saw in her that led to his devotion to her...where in other classes her eyes would've gleamed in veiled mischief, and perhaps concoct a scheme or three, it is but a smoldering husk of amusement, drowned in both hatred and grief. This is a Sigyn who is weighed heavily by her choice to go along with Loki, wondering if there could've been something to change it, or at least spare Loki and her children, both her triplets and their half-siblings, and enraged at Odin for what he has done to them. She is still very much a mother though, so even with that weight, she does her best to be more cheerful and like she used to be when near her son for his sake. She knows that it's small, and Vali can't help but worry she's forcing herself in doing that, but she also knows that he appreciates it nonetheless and so she keeps trying.

Vali is a little better than his mother in some ways and worse in others. His demeanor is similar to hers. He is just as quiet as her, yet not averse to conversation, even if he isn't likely to pipe up during it. If someone's in trouble, he's more than willing to help, but only when someone, whether the victim or a friend of them, asks him to. And he is unfazed by any hatred aimed towards him, or much more colorful and energetic personalities, often being pulled into the latter's antics along with his mother. In his spare time, he even has a hobby, liking to garden, arrange flowers and keep an eye on children, very much the "quiet big brother" when with them, the barest hint of joy in his eyes. He is even more lively when dealing with his mother, though not by much, trying to cheer her up as best he can. Though he knows very well it is small, he also knows it still means the world and more to her. But still, he is weighed by the deaths of his siblings and the events of Ragnarök. In fact, he would probably be mauling himself upon summoning, the despair over his death and afterwards dragging him down to point of him wondering if anything is worth it...if not for the fact that he also wants to destroy Odin and such for what they had done to him and his family.

There are only two scenarios where it will lead to their demeanors to break. And considering the nature of Chaldea, it's more likely than it should be.

One, when they finally see the targets of their ire: the Norse pantheon that "sided" with Odin and the archnemeses of Loki and his children. The typically quiet mother and son duo fly into a hysterical and murderous rage, screaming and laughing and crying as they barrel towards them. Their focus is so narrowed they are more than likely to ignore any and all orders from their Master. It is all but guaranteed if either of them see Vali's "namesake" who is the son of Odin, Váli. Above all else, he is the one Vali hates, and so he is the one, in this form, Sigyn hates above all else as well. And it matters not if they are crucial to the plan of their Master, they will sate their grudge.

There is only one thing that could possibly stop them, and it is the other thing that breaks their usual tired and broken temeperaments: Loki, Narfi and Nari. Just as their deaths and agony are the source of their grudge, they are also the only ones that can break through it. Of course, it won't stop them from hating the targets of their ire, they are Avengers after all, but they hate them because Loki, Narfi and Nari were hurt because of them, and so they prioritize their safety over fulfilling their grudge...so that the source of it doesn't happen again. As such, they are more like how they were before their hatred was formed: quiet yet joyful tricksters who love their family, properly smiling with eyes shining in joy, even if they are tired beyond belief.

And considering the nature of Chaldea, this is more than likely sight to happen.

Wish:
    "You know our wish."
    "You know our desire.
    "So we don't want the Grail."
    "We will kill our targets ourselves."
    "However...."
    "We will get it for you. It's the least we can do..."
    "...for listening to our side of the story."

BOND 9Final Ascension (and Bond 5)

Mother and Son

"Well, here we are Master. Don't worry, it's still me, Vali. I thought, well...you've been so kind to Mother and I, putting up with our...our useless selves. So I thought...I'd show you what I look like. Mother suggested I do it when you fully ascend our Saint Graph, as a bit of a reward to you, and something about 'book ends'. ...do you like it? Hmm? Am I comfortable showing this to you? Ahaha...yes. Yes I am. I wouldn't be doing this if I wasn't okay with it. I mean...it's the least I could do. I know Mother and I will still cause you problems, and there's not much we can do about that besides summoning us in another Class, so I hope, at least, I can do my best to help you when we aren't being troublesome."
    "A sentiment I share, Master. So please, continue taking care of us, and we will do our best to take care of you."

My Room Dialogue
    "I'm sure you can guess the obvious ones. My husband, my children, both by blood and by my marriage to Loki."
    "I am much the same. I love my family very much, including my step-siblings."
    "But that's not why you're asking, are you? Hmm...well, most people don't notice, but I do love mischief, both causing and witnessing it."
    "Me? Well... ...I like to garden. I like plants, you see, especially flowers. I can't really explain why I like it so much or why it feels so relaxing for me, I just do."

Dislikes:
    "Well...the ones we hate are an obvious one. Especially...that imPOsTeEeeeRr..."
    "Indeed. So since that's the case...for me, I don't like it when I'm bored."
    "Like Father?"
    "Ha ha, yes, like your father. Before I met him, I didn't really do anything about that boredom. But afterwards? I was just as bad as him in my want to sate it. I just so happened to be the kind of person no one believes to be a trickster. I also don't like seeing children being mistreated. And I don't like oathbreakers either. But, besides the source of our vengeance, the one thing I hate the most...is earthquakes."
    "Ah..."
    "Yes. Your turn, Son."
    "Ah, right. I'm much the same as mother, though perhaps not oathbreakers. I mean, on principle, yes, but not quite the first thing I think of when it comes to dislike. And well...ha. I think that's it. There really isn't anything else that can match the hatred I have for my imposter."

The Source of their Revenge Dialogue 1:
    "Sometimes I wonder...if I could've changed things, if I hadn't agreed to start Ragnarök with my husband. We agreed to it, yes, but...there was a part of me that wanted to say no so much. There was a part of me that wanted to just try and fight against fate. But I...well, I was always one to be influenced by those around me, especially my husband. That's why, despite being bored of my life, I didn't do anything to change it until he came into my life. And at the time, I thought it was the perfect way to get some satisfaction over the roles we would no doubt walk right into even if we did try 'fighting back', because that's just how fate is. But now...now knowing what happens to our children, I... Well, as I said, I can't help but wonder what could've happened if I just said 'no'."

The Source of their Revenge Dialogue 2:
    "Ha... Odin is cruel... Odin is fucking cruel... Ha ha. Why else did he create someone that matches my abilities? Someone that matches mind? Someone that matches my name?! BECAUSE IT WAS THE PERFECT WAY TO KILL US!!! Not only taking our lives...but taking our places in history. Ha ha, he could've sent Thor, or Tyr, and I would've still been remembered, I wouldn't have framed, and my siblings wouldn't have been lost to time...but no. He already lost one kid, he didn't want to lose another one. He sent someone new, someone made to avenge Baldr's death. Someone who was a perfect counter so that there was no possible way we could get out alive. And someone who could take my place. Fight fire with fire, right? ThEn i'M gOnNa gIvE iT BaCk tOo."

Relationships
    Master:
    Dialogue 1:
    "... Hello there, Master. Did you need something? Hmm? Was I the cause of that scuffle? ...no. It honestly hadn't occured to me to meddle. ...it's been a long time since I had my fun...it seems I'm out of practice."

Dialogue 2:
    "Hmm? Oh hello, Master. I have some new flowers that have just bloomed. You're not allergic, yes? Here, have some. Put a little life in your quarters."

Scathatch-Skadi (Caster) (FGO), Cu Chulainn (Caster) (FGO):
    "You... You. YOU. YyyOooOOoUuuuUUuuUAAAaaAaAAAAaaaaaaaaAaAaaaAAAAhHhhhhHHhHhhhhhHHhhH!!!"

Váli Odinson: "you thief. You Thief. YOU THIEF. YOU TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME. STOP BEARING MY NAaAaaaAamMEee!!!!""

Loki=Rod (Gatekeeper) (By yours truly!):
    "...Loki...?"
    "...Father...?"
    (They are shocked but once it wears off, the two are in the Hearth God's arms, shaking and sobbing)

Loki Laufeyson (Avenger) (RoydGolden); Loki (Avenger) (Shiki-pon):
    "yes...Yes...YES. KILL. KILL. KILL. KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!!!"

Baldr Jölnir (Saver) (DelRey):
    "...a part of me wants to hate you... It would make things so much easier if I did...after all, despite you being killed by my husband, you would survive Ragnarök while my children... My children... ... But no. You didn't bring us any harm. So I won't."
    "..."
    (Vali is silent but he nods in agreement with his mother. They share the same sentiment)

Munch-Pesta (Pretender) (DelRey):
    "Ah... Dear daughter... Would you perhaps allow us to help you?"
    "Yes, let us help you. I never got the chance to meet you when I was alive."

BOND 10Craft Essence
    An Eternal Question

Why?

That's all they really wanted to know, deep down. That's really the core of their anger.

Why?

Why did it have to be them?

Why did it have to be that way?

Why couldn't it have been different?

Perhaps the answer is right in front of them.

After all, they're a family of tricksters. And not only that, a family filled with what most people would call monsters. Perhaps it was a foregone conclusion, even if the prophecy wasn't made.

But well...feelings are never rational...

So still

they ask...

Why?

(long) Author's Notes
    Well this sheet took a long while to finish, funnily enough just like my first Sigyn sheet. What caused the delay, other than just deciding what to prioritize writing first, was that the lore was originally going to be told through "flashbacks", as in, instead of me narrating or the Servant narrathing their story, it'd be shown through Vali's memories. Essentially, I was gonna write a long one-shot fic. I wanted to do that for two reasons. One, because there is almost nothing on Vali, much like Sigyn. And two, I had already told Sigyn and Loki's story. So if I did it differently, then I could retread old but necessary ground in case someone in the future reads this before those sheets but still be new for those who have read them. Unfortunately, I got stuck on it for a month or two, being unable to write anything despite having an outline. So I decided a change was in order and, wouldn't you know it, I ended up writing the whole lore section in a few hours. So yeah. Hopefully it doesn't end up taking long to do my Sigyn, Narfi and Nari sheet...but anyways. This sheet.

So. Funny thing while I was looking into Vali again, I remembered about the whole "transcription error" with him. So I decided to give it an angsty spin, keeping Vali son of Loki, and acknowledge the error being a thing. Because I can't help but make excuses for characters to have several kids. And also, well, again, angsty mood for this sheet. Oh, and if it wasn't obvious, but that bit of Vali talking about Vali Odinson? That's just his opinion. I'm keeping the what Vali Odinson is vague because well, while I do have an idea (something like the Valkyries, but built by Odin to avenge Baldr, hence why he was an adult in a day)...it's also kinda vague 'cause I'm undecided for various reasons. The only important thing really is that with this sheet, people think there is only one Vali and that is the son of Odin and that is why Vali, son of Loki, hates him on top of him making him berserk enough to kill Narfi and Nari and then killing him.

As usual, I hope I did okay with the skills...especially since I feel like I went a little overboard in number... See, I couldn't get rid of most of Sigyn's skills because of what they are, and while I could've "compressed" Vali's skills into one or two, but like...I also thought it'd "make sense" that he didn't have any unique Personal Skills. So in the end it they barely stick to the "two to five Personal Skills per Servant" rule I have for myself. And also Oathkeeper raising the rank of their class skills. I feel like it makes sense to me, but maybe that's just me. Meanwhile, I am pretty happy coming up with the NP for them since it took a while to come up with one too. Though I hope I made the mechanics make sense/not that broken.

also hopefully that ascension conversation wasn't jarring or something but i feel like it should be obvious that if they become close to their master they'd be more open but i couldn't find a way to outright mention that in the personality section without breaking the flow of something i felt was already pretty good...? idk im paranoid about it. especially since i did that to show off vali's human form. I decided to keep it "in the family" by going for Lyon from Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, who fit the purple theme I was going for and was somewhat fitting (tho if i explained why it'd be spoilers).

Keeping it Fire Emblem related was also applied to the theme...though it was mostly because the boss track from Fire Emblem: Heroes fit better with the vibe I wanted to go for than anything from Elden Ring, which I wanted to use originally considering Vali's Blaidd FC for his wolf form/first ascension, but he has no theme, I didn't want to use other boss themes, and the only other wolf boss that had a theme didn't have the vibe I wanted. On the bright side, the track I picked ends up fitting not only the vibe I wanted, but matching somewhat, as the track plays for a wolf boss associated with ice and the characters from Heroes have Norse inspired names. (And, well, the boss theme is awesome to listen to, so yeah) So now just imagine it as their general theme not only for NP usage, but when they're a boss rampaging.

Aaand...I think that's all I got to say about this sheet in particular...? Ugh. I keep thinking there's more I wanted to say but forget. Oh well.
    Last edited by DracoScribe; March 23rd, 2023 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Merged two skills at a suggestion
    Author of:
    "You didn't have to fight for me, you know." "And you didn't have to curl your hair so we'll look even more alike." Ren stared before he softly chuckled, Akira joining him not long after. With one simple decision as a child, Ren Amamiya goes to Tokyo alongside his little sister, Akira. (P5R Sibling AU) (Ren/Ann, Akechi/Fem!Akira)
    Velvet Throne

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Priamus: I suppose as our resident Arthur-Otaku, I should chime in with some thoughts. Hmm...interesting choice to merge Priamus with Avenable, though I am certainly not opposed to merging very minor characters, especially when TM itself does it with major characters (looking at you Morgan-Morgause). It was probably a good shout to change Julius Caesar to Lucius Tiberius to have a more consistent timeline. The Noble Phantasm being just "sword that inflicts wounds that do not heal" is unfortunately rather mundane when NPs are supposed to be one of the centerpieces of their sheets.

Overall, not bad. A rather entertaining read.
    Last edited by Skull; March 23rd, 2023 at 10:43 AM.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    The Nordic Duo: Neat sheet. 10 skills are bit much tho. Consider merging the two slayer skills because...duh. Godslayer (Kin) does it too and perhaps slims down the sheet a bit. I was kinda expecting that Valis FC would be Nils that uses Shapeshift to look like that, but then you come with Lyon. As someone that wants to use him as an FC because...he is one of my favorite characters in the franchise and in FEH (I know you play it too, gimme your code, girl), i was upset you used him first. but i wanna use all of his art if i find a fitting character.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Priamus: I suppose as our resident Arthur-Otaku, I should chime in with some thoughts. Hmm...interesting choice to merge Priamus with Avenable, though I am certainly not opposed to merging very minor characters, especially when TM itself does it with major characters (looking at you Morgan-Morgause). It was probably a good shout to change Julius Caesar to Lucius Tiberius to have a more consistent timeline. The Noble Phantasm being just "sword that inflicts wounds that do not heal" is unfortunately rather mundane when NPs are supposed to be one of the centerpieces of their sheets.

Overall, not bad. A rather entertaining read.
    Priamus's very small role after his fight with Gawain made it easy to just end his life there, meaning the merging worked out in that regard. Same with her story basically ending after getting married. As for Lucius, it's generally thought that the emperor she marries was either him or the guy before him, so it was really a no-brainer to me, and, with the image of him I have in my mind, it also aided in her transition to Priamus. As for the sword, it probably would've been more interesting to make her a Rider with the White Stag as her mount. Just Merlin being a deer that makes Merlin comments while she rides him into battle. Hell, maybe I should just make that change. Would put another Rider on my comp.

Also, I feel you on Morgan.

Done.
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; March 23rd, 2023 at 04:15 PM.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    The Nordic Duo: Neat sheet. 10 skills are bit much tho. Consider merging the two slayer skills because...duh. Godslayer (Kin) does it too and perhaps slims down the sheet a bit.
    ...tfw hindsight is 20/20. aaahhhh

But seriously, thanks for the suggestion. It feels so obvious in hindsight. I'mma edit that in as soon as I can. I'm glad you found it neat despite the bloated amount of skills. ;>_>

I was kinda expecting that Valis FC would be Nils that uses Shapeshift to look like that, but then you come with Lyon. As someone that wants to use him as an FC because...he is one of my favorite characters in the franchise and in FEH (I know you play it too, gimme your code, girl), i was upset you used him first. but i wanna use all of his art if i find a fitting character.
    Nils...never occured to me, and not just because of me mainly wanting "purple" and "fire emblem" for the human FC (traits I decided on because I already got the FCs I'm gonna use for Narfi and Nari and it's to parallel with them as well as "reference" Sigyn and Loki's color schemes). Idk, he doesn't give the vibes I wanted as opposed to Lyon, who I felt better matched it while also fitting the other criteria (and also i like him too but probably not as much as you soo...). ...i feel like saying sorry because that sucks but i already did it and am gonna stick with my choice of fc since i like it so much and spent hours looking for just the art i wanted sooo...idk. i just feel like apologizing. Though for using him as an FC...maybe you could use Lyon for another Foreigner considering you're the king of foreigners you-know-who-King's ties with Lyon could be a good used for that Foreigner's Other Presence/Elder God? ...yeah not much but just a thought and an attempt to help even a little bit.

But anyways, again, thanks for the feedba--

...wait

(I know you play it too, gimme your code, girl)
    For real? ...the part of me in disbelief can't help but wonder if you're joking. But well, since you asked...imma send it over pm.
    because i cant help myself.

Edit: Aaaand done.
    Last edited by DracoScribe; March 23rd, 2023 at 09:47 PM.
    Author of:
    Velvet Throne

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries

Source: Muztnafi

Class: Saber
    Other Classes: N/A
    True Name: Fernando Alvarez de Toledo, 3rd Duke of Alba
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Place of Origin: Spain (16th Century)
    Stars: 3/5

Parameters:

STR: C
    END: B
    AGI: C
    MGI: D
    LCK: C
    NP: C

Height: 192cm
    Weight: 100lbs
    Dislikes: Perceived weakness, diplomacy
    Talent: Commanding armies
    Natural Enemy: Louis Antoine de Saint Juste
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Humanoid, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: Alba
    Catalyst: A coin with his face on it

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance D: He rarely came across magic so has a close to minimal rank in this Skill.

Riding C: He rode in to several battles, however, he did not have extreme proficiency in riding, so gains this average rank in this skill.

Personal Skills:

Bloody Court of Troubles B: The sublimation of the "Council of Trouble", otherwise known as the Council of Blood, that Saber created. It was built in order to harshly prosecute those who Saber believed would get let off too easily through the standard court. As a skill, it manifests in the capability to "amplify punishments", enhancing pain and harm from all of his blows, as well as those of his army.

Order of the Golden Rose B: The sublimation of his status as a recipient of the Golden Rose and the Golden Sword from the Papal States, as well as his status as a member of the Order of the Golden Fleece. This manifests into a golden aura which he channels into his gloves or his sword that enhances durability and strength.

My Gentlemen Soldiers A: The sublimation of his extremely effective military commanding capability. A compilation of Military Tactics, Command of the Strategist, and Charisma that together causes his commanding tactics to be extremely effective, well trusted, and grant bonuses when properly followed.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Alba
    The Iron Duke

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 0 meters
    Max Targets: Self

The sublimation of his title of the "Iron Duke". This manifests as his sword, passively reinforced to gain more strength. When the true name is covered, an aura of iron surrounds him and his sword, causing his blows to be much more powerful while his skin becomes more resilient to blows and iron-like.

Pro Lege, Rege, Et Grege
    March Forth, Oh Soldiers of Iron

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 20 meters
    Max Targets: 100

The sublimation of his army, which marched under the banner, Pro Lege, Rege, Et Grege, which means for the law, the king, and the people. When the true name is called, he raises his sword to call forth his soldiers. They manifest surrounding him, as he commands for a devastating military charge. Following this charge, the soldiers fade away.

Lore: Fernando Alvarez de Toledo, 3rd Duke of Alba (1507-1582) was a Spanish general and noble. He was known as the Iron Duke. He was one of the most effective generals of all time, and the most effective in his era. His most noted deeds were during his brutal work against the Netherlands Revolt.

Personality: A war-loving and fierce person. He dislikes diplomacy usually, feeling that the consessions it requires are not truly necessary. He far prefers battle. He utterly adores working with an army, and loves to lead charges. He will occasionally work with other generals. However, he will demand that he lead every battle and every command.

Relationships:

Louis Antoine de Saint-Juste: "Why do you pick up the pen when you wield a sword?"

Han Xin: "It is as I said, isn't it? Royals squeeze everything out of you and then throw you away."

Antipope Clement VII: "Bloodbaths? Perhaps, that would be an interesting choice."

Pope Julius II: "You had interesting ideas. However, I have surpassed you."

Tamar of Georgia: "I suppose that your rule was intriguing."

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    The Deathless

This state is disgusting... I shouldn't be dead! How could this weak-minded fool defeat me?!

It's all right, Master. I am calm. Let's make an agreement. You will help me achieve true immortality. And I will reward you generously.

Class: Caster
    True Name: Koschei the Deathless(?)
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Place of Origin: Kyivan Rus, Scandinavia(?)
    Armament: Big Sword

STRENGE — A
    ENDURANCE— EX
    AGILITY —B
    MANA — A
    LUCK — C
    NP — A

Class skills:

Territory Creation(none) — This skill was replaced by his Noble Phantasm

Item Creation A –

Caster cannot create magical items, but is able to enchant ordinary items, and at a high level. His two-handed sword, called the Asp, his weapon of choice, is an example of this. It cannot be broken, not dulled, and the blade of this sword is saturated with paralyzing poison

Personal skills:

Lich A

Caster's feature, the secret of his immortality. A lich is a lost ritual from necromancy. An opportunity to establish yourself in the world. All damage will heal in seconds. The only weakness will be only one item with which you can kill the lich. However, Caster was unable to perform the perfect ritual. He was thwarted, and because of this outside interference, he developed a morbid craving for gold. In addition, Caster feels almost nothing - not taste, not smell, not touch. His magic is unusual - in fact it is a mixture of Slavic volkhovstvo and Scandinavian runes

In my country, a warrior did not have to fear death. When you die on the battlefield, the Valkyries take you to Valhalla. But I didn't want Valhalla! I didn't need endless fights and feasts. The meaning of wars is not in battles, but in production. The victorious feast is adorned with riches and captive girls who kindle the heat with bodily beauty. And all this was not in Valhalla! That's why I was looking for immortality. I already had everything in my life and not a single life after death could give me even a drop of what I had!

Golden Rule EX

A skill that allows you to accumulate wealth. Caster has an almost inexhaustible supply of money ... but he is very stingy and you need to try so that he parted with at least one coin.

This is my gold... don't touch it, Master.

Familiars(Ravens) B

Caster is able to use iron-feathered ravens as familiars. This is both an observation, and these birds can also be used to attack.

Somewhat clueless birds... Hugin and Mugin would be enough for me

Father of Nation(?) A

A skill that is available to those individuals from whom the history of the nation has gone. Caster is able to identify the identity of any servant born in the territory of Ukraine, Russia or Belarus

Noble Phantasm:

Костяной дворец
    Resident of Darkness
    B

The majestic palace rebuilt by Caster from the ruins where he was buried. This NP replaces Caster's Create Territory skill. Because the Bone Palace is too big, Caster can hide it in the Reality Marble.

This palace is guarded by dead servants - ghouls, velets, ghouls and vurdalaks. They obey only Caster and may well attack the Master.

Игла Смерти
    Death of the dead
    A

Caster's phylactery, an item he cherishes like the apple of his eye.

This is the antique needle that Caster used to kill his brothers. It is completely black and very strong - it cannot be melted even in acid. However, breaking the needle is useless and stupid - Caster does not die because the needle is broken, he dies from the needle. In other words, his heart must be pierced with this weapon.

After summoning Caster in the territory where the Grail War will take place, a tree will appear with a chest hidden in the roots of the tree. This plant can only be found by the Master, or the Heroic Spirit, ordinary people and non Masters mages will not be able to find the tree. Also, this tree will not be able to find or somehow track Caster himself.

Removing the chest from the tree is not easy. The tree will come to life and attack with its roots. If you get a chest, then you should not rush to open it - a hare is hidden in the chest, a very dangerous creature, a relative of the creature that King Arthur once had to face. After the death of the hare, a duck will fly out of it, which will try to fly away. In the event of her death, an egg will fall out of her, which must be opened or broken. It contains the needle that can kill Caster.

Description:

Likes: Gold, past self, normal immortality, Oleg the Prophet
    Dislikes: His current state, posthumous worlds, especially Valhalla
    Natural enemy: Oleg the Prophet

Caster’s True name is Rurik, first Russian duke of Ladoga and Novgorod, founder of the Rurik dynasty. However, one cannot recognize a proud Varangian in him. This is a living dead that feels almost nothing - neither pain, nor the taste of food, nor the warmth of intimacy.

Rurik grew up in the Varangian lands, absorbing the spirit of this people. The life of a Varangian is simple - rob, fight and feast. Rurik was not against all this. After all, he was far from being an obscure warrior, he had his own army that brought him prey. Rurik was content with life... but over time he became gloomier and gloomier. He knew what awaits all warriors after death - Valhalla, the abode of warriors. But Rurik did not want to be in Valhalla. There he will be just an ordinary warrior, a shadow against the background of such legends as Siegfried or Sigurd. Besides, what is the point in endless fighting against each other and the subsequent feast, when you can take and plunder cities, burn Christian churches and take beautiful girls with whom it is so pleasant to spend nights as servants?

So because of these thoughts, Rurik began to fear death. He wished to be immortal... but he shared this desire only with Helg, his most devoted warrior. But Helg was not happy with this idea.

“Life is good because it is fleeting,” Helg said then, “but what’s the point of being immortal if the squad cannot be with you forever and goes to Valhalla?”

But Rurik did not leave the search for immortality, even when he became the Duke of the Slavic tribe.

There he found a way to become immortal, without any
    side effects if performed correctly. But in return, three people had to be sacrificed. And Rurik decided on it.

Once he, together with his brothers in arms - Truvor, Sineus and Oleg, aka Helg, went to some ruins. There, according to Rurik, some kind of magical weapon that belonged to the heroes of antiquity was hidden. But there was a trap. Rurik, with the help of an iron spike, was able to kill Truvor and Sineus, but Oleg managed to escape, moreover, because of his old comrade, Rurik was buried alive in a makeshift mound in these ruins among the treasures. The ritual was already in effect - and Rurik became what he is now, having received a painful craving for wealth. He was able to free himself, but... he could never be the same again. He gained immortality, but in return he lost almost everything he had. So Rurik perished... and Kashchei the Deathless was born. His desire for the Grail is strange at first glance. He yearns for immortality again. But true, so that he would be alive again and could feel the joys of life.

Notes: Well, the history of this Koshchei is too extensive. Its continuation will be when I make a sheet of Oleg the Prophet. As for the idea that Koshchei is killed by his own phylactery, I was inspired by the 1954 Soviet cartoon The Frog Princess. There Koshchei is just being killed with a needle

Blog Entries
    Oh hey, Alba. I remember having Egmont ready to go for Secret Santa if had had gotten one of the other Pools of prompts, so it’s cool to see his nemesis show up.

I really should finish those SS sheets sometime, several of them were really good.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, someone actually went and made Koschei a Lich I see.

Blog Entries
    Aren’t fate liches just … dead apostles?

Blog Entries
    I don’t think Liches have appeared in Fate, wouldn’t that run the risk of copyright or something from D&D?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I don’t think Liches have appeared in Fate, wouldn’t that run the risk of copyright or something from D&D?
    Well, I don’t think DND owns the idea of a lich iirc. However, liches don’t exist in fate. Dead apostles do