Page 92 of 620 FirstFirst ... 428287909192939497102142192592 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 12385

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    You guys got any suggestions on how to make a decent Balan sheet?
    Wait for the game to come out next year first, then make a Sheet for him.

That was a terrible joke I'm sorry. "Balan Wonderland" video game aside, are you referring to Balan, the king of Al-Andalus or of Balan, the brother of Sir Balin in particular?
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Balin's brother, I think I'll let someone more experienced with the Paladins of France handle the other Balan.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Marconi: What a smug asshole, I love it. Skills are well-chosen and tying his NP with "the second coming of God's word" is both cool conceptually as well as a good way of justifying it being OP (a la Tesla, who gets thunder-god shtick to compensate for otherwise being a relatively modern inventor). Though I'm not sure what the "If any information is altered the change becomes permanent and immediately realized within those affected" part of the description means exactly. It sounds like he can outright warp reality within the NP's area-of-effect by rewriting information, which certainly sounds hax, though I guess it's balanced by the immense Mana costs.
    It is hax yes o3o

Altho only within the sphere of influence and only while active

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NittyGritty View Post
    It is hax yes o3o

Altho only within the sphere of influence and only while active
    i forgot your Marconi is quite well done Gritty ,so if i understood it Right are the effects dispelled after the Noblephantasm stopped ? or has it after effects like Lasting influence ? Compliment i think that Modern Servants are sometime quite difficult to make . Although i have collected ideas for a Tesla Caster before i saw that there is a Canon Archer Version of him . Also as you mentioned Titanic it reminds me that i made a Titanic servant where i even included Marconi in some sense .
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    i think that Modern Servants are sometime quite difficult to make.
    I'd actually disagree on that personally. I've always found Modern Servants to be far more easier to make. With not as many different or established legends around them, you can usually interpret their entire story into one completed sheet and don't really have to focus on which bits to remove for them to fit in the specific Class container. Armstrong will always be about the Moon Landing, Mata Hari will always be about spying and seduction, etc. It's not always the case of course - Jack the Ripper is a good example that be focused on in a differing number of ways.

Servant Sheet Compilation
    Pronouns - She/Her
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anju Addams View Post
    I'd actually disagree on that personally. I've always found Modern Servants to be far more easier to make. With not as many different or established legends around them, you can usually interpret their entire story into one completed sheet and don't really have to focus on which bits to remove for them to fit in the specific Class container. Armstrong will always be about the Moon Landing, Mata Hari will always be about spying and seduction, etc. It's not always the case of course - Jack the Ripper is a good example that be focused on in a differing number of ways.
    Hmm maybe its eventually just that i don't get enough inspiration to make a modern figure into a Servant though i had ideas for some like Bernhard Heuvelmans the founder of the cryptozoologi ,a Caster Nickola Tesla which would have three noblephantasm amongst them one with the name Tech Eden and would dive more into the mysticism. Do you actually work one servant just besides Anju ?

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:23 PM.

Hold up, wasn't Astyanax killed by Neoptolemus during the sacking of Troy to prevent him from coming back to avenge his father?

...Then again, you did just finish explaining how stories are never consistent across all of their different tellings.

Blog Entries
    Yeah i also wonder why and how the Sword or spear from Hector to France despite that the former Location of the City self became a Oblivion or the part with Attilas Sword where in neither source i read where specified which WAr gods Sword is meant as it couild have made more sense that the mentioned War God could be interpreted with being Attila himself or that he he could found the Sword of the Gothic or Germanic War god or the from the original Scythian People but i am General not very aggreing with the extraterrestrial Elements like These Mecha or Sefar crap as i plan to make a non Alien Attila servant ,also did i wondered how this Marmydose Sword found ist way to Britain at the start and if ist the Sword that he got from Athena ?

but to be honest many aspects of the later Christian misinterpretation or concious falsifications respectively in other monothesitic matters as i found several Points during my resreach as i plan a Baal servant that can interpreted in a other way `.

and here is a Video of the Rulers of Europe i found and i know this might be the wrong place but there are certain Points which deserve Attention like that there can be seen when Vortiggern ruled Britain \/

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    Do you actually work one servant just besides Anju ?
    I have around fiftyish Servants that I occasionally work on over the years. I tend to come up with the Historical Figure and Class first, then add Skills and Noble Phantasms months down the line when I've had a good idea on what I want them to focus on and their narrative drive. For example, my still in progress Anastasia Sheet has been worked on since even before the FGO canon version was released in Japan around 2017. This is why I rarely upload Servants actually.
    Last edited by Anju Addams; November 29th, 2020 at 03:59 PM.

Pronouns - She/Her

Blog Entries
    I have around fiftyish Servants that I occasionally work on over the years. I tend to come up with the Historical Figure and Class first, then add Skills and Noble Phantasm months down the line when I've had a good idea on what I want them to focus on and their narrative drive. For example, my still in progress Anastasia Sheet has been worked on since even before the FGO canon version was released in Japan around 2017. This is why I rarely upload Servants actually.
    oh he ! fifty servants !?! that are much on working profiles i must say Anju ,though i must admit ihave also several in m mind Floating and ist sometimes the greaetest step to start and to find a way to bring your Imagination on the paper , like that i have a MAkaria (Daughter of Herakles annd Deianira) profile in working or that i found during my Wikipedia tours atleast ten Rulers respectively Warriors that i found as good base for a servant ,would have potencial for a interesting servant .

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    50 is a pretty large number for projects, do you truly work on all of them? I counted and i have a bit over 15 "projects" since i started in spring 2020 with most of them "done" and the rest as concepts, but truly working on i am only on 2. The rest are kept hidden until i finally defined my style of crafting sheets.

Out of experience from crafting stuff for other games previously, keeping them too long can make them feel outdated and end up being forgotten and what could be interesting for others is just dead data in your folder for you. Tho keeping a sheet for over three years is commendable

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    50 is a pretty large number for projects, do you truly work on all of them? I counted and i have a bit over 15 "projects" since i started in spring 2020 with most of them "done" and the rest as concepts, but truly working on i am only on 2. The rest are kept hidden until i finally defined my style of crafting sheets.

Out of experience from crafting stuff for other games previously, keeping them too long can make them feel outdated and end up being forgotten and what could be interesting for others is just dead data in your folder for you. Tho keeping a sheet for over three years is commendable
    Yep. I still work on them even now when I can. I've recently just been finishing off one I've had for around two years so you may see it soon. I'm a bit of a perfectionist however - so between that, work and my recent ill health, I generally take my time. If new lore ends up coming out that outdates them, it's not like I can't alter the Sheet anyway. My Anastasia Sheet mentioned above now uses her canon design and characterization for example. As for forgetting them, all my Sheets are in one big Google Docs folder anyway, so I don't really end up missing them.

Pronouns - She/Her

Blog Entries
    Yep. I still work on them even now when I can. I've recently just been finishing off one I've had for around two years so you may see it soon. I'm a bit of a perfectionist however - so between that, work and my recent ill health, I generally take my time. If new lore ends up coming out that outdates them, it's not like I can't alter the Sheet anyway. My Anastasia Sheet mentioned above now uses her canon design and characterization for example. As for forgetting them, all my Sheets are in one big Google Docs folder anyway, so I don't really end up missing them.
    when i hear that from you i hope that you are stabile and not seriously ill Anju , and iif you are nt making much Progress you could perhaps Name which Servant profile you have "in stock" and perhaps someone here could make something good out from it ? Only if youlike of Course but how do you think of that idea ? and other Question as you saw some of my profiles ,how do you find them in General like are they in eneral good and creative etc ?

Blog Entries
    when i hear that from you i hope that you are stabile and not seriously ill Anju , and iif you are nt making much Progress you could perhaps Name which Servant profile you have "in stock" and perhaps someone here could make something good out from it ? Only if youlike of Course but how do you think of that idea ? and other Question as you saw some of my profiles ,how do you find them in General like are they in eneral good and creative etc ?
    I was seriously ill but am doing much better as stated before. As for a Servant I'm having trouble with...perhaps Mabon from Arthurian legend? He's been stuck in limbo for years and I haven't really had a solid idea apart from his Class [Rider] and his Noble Phantasm [Drudwyn and his leash] so if anyone has some ideas or could give it there own spin, it would be helpful certainly.

In response to your Sheets question Koga, I like the creativity behind them but apart from your terrible grammar, I feel you focus too often on 'look how cool my character is with numerous EX ranks and stuff' rather than 'here's how my character works in an interesting way in a narrative setting' which is admittedly a problem with many many fanmade Sheets and in most canon Fate media after Fate/Extra [FGO being the biggest contender - but I understand that as gameplay reasons over anything, even though I don't agree with it].

It's hard to explain properly so I'd say - I feel Servants should be based around one particular 'thing' that they do with skills and Noble Phantasms revolving around this aspect. A good example of this would be Hassan of the Hundred Faces whose entire Sheet revolves around having multiple bodies. Both Librarian of Stored Knowledge and Expert of Many Specializations synchronise excellently with his Noble Phantasm. That's far more interesting [in my opinion] than 'here's a bunch of unrelated skills and Noble Phantasms from their legend' shoved into a Class container.
    Last edited by Anju Addams; December 1st, 2020 at 04:44 PM.

Pronouns - She/Her

Blog Entries
    I was seriously ill but am doing much better as stated before. As for a Servant I'm having trouble with...perhaps Mabon from Arthurian legend? He's been stuck in limbo for years and I haven't really had a solid idea apart from his Class [Rider] and his Noble Phantasm [Drudwyn and his leash] so if anyone has some ideas or could give it there own spin, it would be helpful certainly.

In response to your Sheets question Koga, I like the creativity behind them but apart from your terrible grammar, I feel you focus too often on 'look how cool my character is with numerous EX ranks and stuff' rather than 'here's how my character works in an interesting way in a narrative setting' which is admittedly a problem with many many fanmade Sheets and in most canon Fate media after Fate/Extra [FGO being the biggest contender - but I understand that as gameplay reasons over anything, even though I don't agree with it].

It's hard to explain properly so I'd say - I feel Servants should be based around one particular 'thing' that they do with skills and Noble Phantasms revolving around this aspect. A good example of this would be Hassan of the Hundred Faces whose entire Sheet revolves around having multiple bodies. Both Librarian of Stored Knowledge and Expert of Many Specializations synchronise excellently with his Noble Phantasm.
    good to hear i was just a bit concernd as i think of the idea that all Forum members and especially the servant creators that frequently are here as sort of "Nakama" ,it may be appearing awkward but i think this way .

About Mabon ,honestly i feel not being Ready to Approach the Arthurian Myth-complex and legendsd as the are heavily weaved in the fateverse , as i wan to make one day a Percifal , have you aside him also some problemcandidates ?

WEll with my profiles in the last time respcteviley my last profille i dont Focus on like you said "look how cool my charackter is " i do follow actually moremy Inspiration and i do seldom exlude a part of the ideas i got or when then i make atleast mentally multiple class Version of the same Heroic spirit About the narrative Setting do you mean how the Person is acting in a Story or the build and development of the charcter ? because i tried in one case to make a more modest seravant ,please tell me how you find this servant where i avoided intentionally to give A Ranks . Also i do prefer usually more powerfull figures and persons as it allows me generally more freedom in making ,aswell as they do generally inspire me more.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Respect to you Anju that you actually do read Kogas sheets.

I tried but it is too much work for me personally, so just fly over the sheet to get the general gist of things. I agree that there is creativity hidden behind the horrible grammar and a bunch of research in some cases. I remember while searching through the forum that one time you (Koga) made a sheet with really decent english and suddenly got many good responses. I dont know how you create your sheets, but it feels like you have the idea and type them directly here after your research.

I wish you would take a bit more time to improve the grammar before posting. I cant be the only one who avoids ur sheets because of the bad grammar and I think that is a waste. I wont claim I am perfect in english either, as a fellow non native speaker of english (maybe even German too?) i can relate to the problems that arise from translating.
    Really try to improve in that department, then people will likely read more of your sheets and you dont have to basically beg for reviews anymore.
    I say that in good faith and not to belittle you. You put a lot of passion in your sheets, but that wont show with the presentation.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Look. I try to be understanding and nice to everyone but there are things that even I cannot overlook so allow me to say this much: there are things, as nice as they sounded in your head and as bening as your intentions are when you're delivering them, that you take to the private messages to say to someone else. We really, really don't need this thread to host this sort of drama.
    Other than that, I think we're not giving enough comments to sheets - though I can understand that, since activity has drastically diminished lately (understandably, since these months are always hectic) - so I'm fixing some of those mistakes.

Spenta Mainyu: I always love when people go with the idea of an Anti-Angra so this one would naturally click with me. I'm not disappointed! It was an amusing read and I liked very much of this character, really. Just as Royd said though, the only thing that stroke me as odd was to have Christian-like skills without any explanation (but hey! I sometimes do things like that when I was supposed to explain something and somehow I forget, so I feel that) but other than that, I think it was a great first impression you've made here!

Raphael: Oooohh, nice one! (I LOVE YOUR CHOICE OF PP I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS CHOICE PLS WE NEED MORE BAKI-INSPIRED CHARACTERS.) These are solid noble phantasm (the first one though? Saucy. I loved that - it got a good laugh out of me out of sheer unexpectedness), some cool skills and alhtough him being a rather ortodox choice, you still made this Servant a very unique take on the character, something that indeed resembles the servants we've come to expect from you.

Dapunta Hyang: Kamerad... Kamerad, Kamerad. I always know I'll be blown away whenever I see your creations here, and this one was no exception. What a cool idea and what a perfect execution! I love to always just... Soak it in, you know? You always make your sheets to pleasant to read, as if we're reading an actual book. This one was such a wild ride, please grant us more awesomeness in the future, I'm a greedy reader of your Servants.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Look. I try to be understanding and nice to everyone but there are things that even I cannot overlook so allow me to say this much: there are things, as nice as they sounded in your head and as bening as your intentions are when you're delivering them, that you take to the private messages to say to someone else. We really, really don't need this thread to host this sort of drama.
    There's no reason we aren't allowed to critque people's work on a public forum no matter how awful it may sound sometimes. Anyway - Koga asked, so we answered honestly. I'm sure he can speak for himself if he feels we are being jerks.

Pronouns - She/Her