Page 248 of 620 FirstFirst ... 148198238243246247248249250253258298348 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,960 of 12385

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Blog Entries
    From what I'm understanding. Pretender Class lets the Servant pick a guise to hide their true identity. Similar to Faker. But the idea seems to be that while Faker is someone who was known in legend to impersonate or fake being someone else, a Pretender is closer to an Alter Ego because they are mimicking someone else they have no direct connection with. While Faker servants I've seen have a personal connection between their legend and the legend of the one they are mimicking, or are even part of it. There is a strange duality between the two.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    From what I'm understanding. Pretender Class lets the Servant pick a guise to hide their true identity. Similar to Faker. But the idea seems to be that while Faker is someone who was known in legend to impersonate or fake being someone else, a Pretender is closer to an Alter Ego because they are mimicking someone else they have no direct connection with. While Faker servants I've seen have a personal connection between their legend and the legend of the one they are mimicking, or are even part of it. There is a strange duality between the two.
    So in other words my Faker Ea-Nasir/"Gilgamesh" would fit better as Pretender then? Which would work even more with the Great Pretender references seeing as I imagined Laurent for the FC...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean Oberon-Vort is also very anti Humanity/HS so there's that to consider rather than just pretending to be someone else.

Blog Entries
    Yeah I think Wyvern's got it. Faker is for Servants who were otherwise unremarkable in their life but notably impersonated a specific person whom would qualify as a Heroic Spirit, whereas Pretender is a class born from a more generalized disregard for ones own identity. The "false identity" they wear is an active choice they made upon manifestation, rather than an inherent property being carried over from their legend.

By simplest way of example, I could see Faker Patroclus or Pretender Loki, but not the other way around.

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drangle View Post
    Yeah I think Wyvern's got it. Faker is for Servants who were otherwise unremarkable in their life but notably impersonated a specific person whom would qualify as a Heroic Spirit, whereas Pretender is a class born from a more generalized disregard for ones own identity. The "false identity" they wear is an active choice they made upon manifestation, rather than an inherent property being carried over from their legend.

By simplest way of example, I could see Faker Patroclus or Pretender Loki, but not the other way around.
    Y'know what, until Oberon is released and we get the full rundown of Pretenders, I'm going with Wyvern's explanation too.

- - - Updated - - -

But this does leave one issue; what even is the Pretender Class Skill?
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries

Servant Database (v2.0)

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Pretender stuff from Clyton (rough summary, so still wait for better clarity)

Spoiler:

This is beginning of chapter 30
    Holmes exposits that he has never seen that Class before (I call BS)
    He believes it's a class for anti-heroes/a necessary obstacle for goodness to be present in the first place
    He believes that for those within the class, they're for people who achieved greatness and feats through deception
    Neither an avenger, nor an arbitrator, nor a lifeform outside the domain, nor a detached personality

Lastly, you have your typical brief description of the Class, and then Holmes stops talking about the Pretender Class and talks about the insect instead

プリテンダー
    Pretender

役を羽織る者
    Those who put on a character

人や獣相手ではなく、世界を敵に回す詐称の英霊。
    A misleading* Heroic Spirit who treats neither man nor beast, but the world as the enemy

*false was a bad adjective lol

Blog Entries
    'whistles innocently'

Listen, I'm being fueled out of sheer pettiness to make as many brazilian servants as I can and write a kick ass plot where they can all have awesome moments. Because I feel like Lostbelt 7 is going to be pure Aztec lore dump. I will continue to do this until such a time where I completely overshadow whatever they are planning for it. Pettiness is an unlimited source of energy!

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Pretender stuff from Clyton (rough summary, so still wait for better clarity)

Spoiler:

This is beginning of chapter 30
    Holmes exposits that he has never seen that Class before (I call BS)
    He believes it's a class for anti-heroes/a necessary obstacle for goodness to be present in the first place
    He believes that for those within the class, they're for people who achieved greatness and feats through deception
    Neither an avenger, nor an arbitrator, nor a lifeform outside the domain, nor a detached personality

Lastly, you have your typical brief description of the Class, and then Holmes stops talking about the Pretender Class and talks about the insect instead

プリテンダー
    Pretender

役を羽織る者
    Those who put on a character

人や獣相手ではなく、世界を敵に回す詐称の英霊。
    A misleading* Heroic Spirit who treats neither man nor beast, but the world as the enemy

*false was a bad adjective lol
    Oho, this is like a chaotic mix between Faker and Avenger. I might have someone who fits the bill in that case...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Oho, this is like a chaotic mix between Faker and Avenger. I might have someone who fits the bill in that case...
    One more note by Clyton:

Spoiler:
    Rmb that Pretender is more focused for those being an enemy to the world, as well as deception

E.g. Vortigern, who had the purpose of destroying Britain, and managed to adopt the Oberon persona into his being for this LB specifically

Blog Entries
    So, basically, Pretender Ea-Nasir doesn't really work with what know of the class, then.

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    I reserve any comments on the Class till full details are out, but I do say I was on similar lines as Wyvern.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    strong first entry, I like how you write his quotes. By chance, were you inspired by Thoughty2? Recently saw him release a video about that guy.
    The choice of skills is good, but i think except calm and collected they are a bit too high ranked. Tools skill should be lower as that guy used just this flit gun, while archimedes created real tools of war, i propose C. Observation A is Andersen level. He saw and could hypothesize their life, he observed, lower as long as not A-.
    UE is a weird skill, because his weird existence is not unique to him, others have it too without this skill. If he is less known, people will barely identify him anyways.
    NP is a cool idea for sure, but teleporting is pretty big magic for someone of his standing. I think moving faster in the city when active and perhaps even adding that the smoke doesnt waver when he moves through should suffice. Else idk about the clones if that is an easy thing to do for servants.
    Really good job for a start. Skill ranks are a thing you have to get a feeling for and can be dependent on opinion too, so dont view that criticism too harshly.
    Hope to see more of you and that you stick around
    Thank you, I'm glad someone could find some enjoyment in my first attempt! I did not know of the existence of that channel, I'm just a person that is mildly interested in the figure lol.
    I can see the ranks being too high, in my mind I wanted to compensate for the lackluster Parameters, but in hindsight yeah they were a bit too high.
    Especially Tools, I wanted to make it a bit higher to ensure that his attacks could actually harm other Servants, as regular gas would at worst mildly inconvenience them.
    I do agree that UE is a somewhat weird skill and it's not something that would really be "unique" to him, but it was the best way I could find to explain how their identity could never be found even in a world with Magecraft, after all if they could find Jack The Ripper, a case like The Mad Gasser would most likely be easier to solve.
    The idea was to leave the mistery open, are they real in this world or are they just a case of Mass Hysteria?
    For the NP my reasoning behind both the teleporting and Clones is a way to mirror how their supposed activity was, they could strike at any moment and I really liked the visuals of their opponents slowly moving through the city while being hunted by these masked maniacs. Teleporting is probably too good a feat for them, though, I agree. I envisioned them as popping up in random places, filling the streets with their copies and creating mass panic, teleporting would be the one way for the Mad Gasser to not fight the other Servants unless cornered, for they would most likely lose in a fair duel or when being jumped on.
    That said, thank you so much for taking the time to read it, I really do appreciate it :)

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    @Vilen: i recommend you take a look at Morg van Destro's Halifax Slasher. It is benchmark what one can do with those modern figures of mystery

Pretender Class has the following points i will consider when making sheets:
    Strange sense of self (could be influenced by fae just saying they are Oberon)
    Danger to the bigger picture (world, humanity as a whole)
    Can somehow "pretend" to be other classes, including their Class Skills of them and perhaps the different skills the adapted Hero could use in them.

In retrospect, any sheets here that could fill that class?
    Contest Winner Hong comes to my mind, but he would be too small of scale i believe
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilen View Post
    Thank you, I'm glad someone could find some enjoyment in my first attempt! I did not know of the existence of that channel, I'm just a person that is mildly interested in the figure lol.
    I can see the ranks being too high, in my mind I wanted to compensate for the lackluster Parameters, but in hindsight yeah they were a bit too high.
    Especially Tools, I wanted to make it a bit higher to ensure that his attacks could actually harm other Servants, as regular gas would at worst mildly inconvenience them.
    I do agree that UE is a somewhat weird skill and it's not something that would really be "unique" to him, but it was the best way I could find to explain how their identity could never be found even in a world with Magecraft, after all if they could find Jack The Ripper, a case like The Mad Gasser would most likely be easier to solve.
    The idea was to leave the mistery open, are they real in this world or are they just a case of Mass Hysteria?
    For the NP my reasoning behind both the teleporting and Clones is a way to mirror how their supposed activity was, they could strike at any moment and I really liked the visuals of their opponents slowly moving through the city while being hunted by these masked maniacs. Teleporting is probably too good a feat for them, though, I agree. I envisioned them as popping up in random places, filling the streets with their copies and creating mass panic, teleporting would be the one way for the Mad Gasser to not fight the other Servants unless cornered, for they would most likely lose in a fair duel or when being jumped on.
    That said, thank you so much for taking the time to read it, I really do appreciate it
    At first a heartl welcome here ! i have just now read your profile quite well done must i say , critic wise has Delrey already said it .

though when their identity isnt know would that not have made the potencial for a shapeshifting skill id like to ask ?

and "modern mysteries" are reminding as i saw Cryptids that i made a Mothmann servant a while ago , i would be curious what Gasser would think of this particular being and about your own oppinion ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

@DelRey I most certainly will, it sounds like an interesting read.

@Kabalisto Koga Thanks for the welcome too. I could probably justify giving Mad Gasser some sort of shapeshifting ability, but in their legend they are always described as being the same, the one single exception being the last ever recorded case, where the witness said it was a woman dressed like a man.
    To me, it's not representative of their character or legend, so I went with another idea. Of course, I might go back and actually change the one unique skill I gave them with something better, but we will see about that.
    About Mothman, Gasser would likely view them like any other Cryptid, to them the Mothman is just another monster, one they refuse to accept as real. Accepting the Mothman as something other than fantasy would mean that they too are nothing but part of the collective imagination and that is the one thing they fear the most.
    When it comes to my own opinion, I find them to be pretty alright. It's not what I would have done with the character (something that might happen sooner or later, I really like my idea of Mothman being an Avenger-class Servant.) and I find the choice of making them a Rider pretty weird, I am also not the biggest fan of its Noble Phantasms because I feel like they do quite a lot without really being strongly thematic to what I feel is the spirit of the Mothman (the third one in particular suffers from this, in my opinion.), your version is more about the animalistic side of the monster, which is fine, just not my personal cup of tea.

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    We can get all the lore in the world about it and I don't intend for a damn minute to treat Pretender as anything other than the "official" Faker. Like, come on. Spade's a spade. I don't need two imitator classes in my life to exist in a constant state of my already awful decision paralysis in over which one's more fitting.

Also, welcome to the forum, Vilen, Mad Gasser is a hell of a debut. Sheet's a touch bare but for a first-timer it's excellent work and it's a cool figure you've chosen. Your English is perfectly fine to me.

Blog Entries
    I for one think that having multiple classes with similar themes is fine, because that subtle difference is emphasized the the choice to use one over the other. Many personal skills do *almost* the same thing, that's what makes the specific choices so interesting to me.

Really, comparing our one canon Faker to our one canon Pretender, they couldn't be more different.

Blog Entries
    How can i distinguish a Noble Phantasm from a Skill? Sometimes when im making servants i dont know if i should give a power the status of skill or NP

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 09:17 PM.