Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 296974777879
Results 1,561 to 1,563 of 1563

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

I'm the Great Pretender RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "The Archangel of Water, Gabriel has answered your call Mage. Hmph, you look like a rather underwhelming man but I suppose you'll be able to make do. Now, get down on your knees and worship me. If you want the loyalty of one such as I, that level of supplication is the least you can do."

Servant Lancer:

Appearance:

Source

True Name: Gabriel

Alignment: Lawful Good

Alternate Classes: Archer, Caster, Ruler

Strength- B
    Agility- A
    Endurance- B
    Mana- A+
    Luck- A+
    NP- A+

Personality
    Arrogant and forthright. Amongst the Archangels, she's the worst when it comes to looking down on humans. Lancer openly refers to weak humans as "trash" and acts like they only exist to worship her. However, a very different side to her personality shows itself when it comes to strong men. As the Archangel who guides heroes, she exceedingly favors strong-willed and brave men. Around such heroic individuals her normally imperious demeanor evaporates to leave her acting more like a blushing, starstruck schoolgirl. She'll do her best to keep her cool, but can still be caught "fangirling" on other heroes who catch her eye (particularly those from Judeo-Christian myth) on occasion.

Lancer has the trait that, even when she tries to say something nice about someone, it'll often come out as insults and putdowns. The truth is, that she actually really admires those who strive to give it their best even while weak, but whenever trying to give voice to those feelings she just ends up insulting them instead. She gives the impression of a sadist who looks down on human effort, but what Lancer truly hates isn't "the weakness of losing" but "the weakness of giving up".

"That idiot... even having the favor of an Archangel he was terrified out of his mind, yet he never stopped fighting for his people and country until the very end. It may be contemptible and foolish, but I just can't bring myself to hate such a person."

Gideon who faithfully stays by Lancer's side has the same personality he always did, even if he now takes the form of a small sheep. He's a laidback and snarky person who often teases Lancer when her arrogance gets out of line. Even though she bullies and insults him a lot, Lancer secretly cares deeply for Gideon. While she lent her favor to many heroes in life, Gideon was one of the few she appeared before multiple times and actively guided him to victory. Perhaps... her feelings for the unlikely hero, who cursed his weakness countless times yet never gave up, go beyond what would be expected of an Archangel, but Lancer herself would surely never admit that.

Attitude to her Master
    For Lancer, a Master is no different than her manservant. She'll expect them to kowtow to her every whim and openly bully them for her own amusement. If her Master has potential to become a hero, Lancer will try to put them through a grueling training regimen to "bring out their full potential!". At least that's what she says, but really most of the time the "training regimen" is just an excuse for her to get her Master to do random chores for her, like carrying her around when she's tired and can't bother flying.

That said, Lancer will come to be genuinely fond of her Master if they can endure her "training" without breaking and prove themselves a worthy hero in her eyes. She has the greatest compatibility with weak yet strong-willed people driven to protect those they care about. Conversely, Lancer wouldn't be able to stand as her Master a pompous fool obsessed with their lineage like many Magi, or a spineless coward who lashes out at others on the first sign of difficulty (a certain seaweed-haired boy comes to mind).

Wish on the Holy Grail
    As an Archangel Lancer doesn't have any need for the Grail, as she's above such things and has no desire God wouldn't grant her anyways. While she might sometimes find herself idly fantasizing about a reverse harem-like situation where she can be doted by the strongest, most handsome legendary heroes from across history, that's ultimately more a fantasy than a true wish and even Lancer isn't so frivolous to waste a vessel of God on something so trivial.

And yet... if, just if... she were to have a single wish springing from the depths of her heart, it'd surely be for a chance to confess her feelings to a certain person. Not as an Archangel and hero, but simply a woman and the man she admires. But... surely something like that would never be granted right?

Relationships/Reactions:

Hector: "That laidback yet dependable aura, the way you grumble and complain all the time yet keep fighting... you remind me way too much of a certain someone I can't stand. And what the hell are you doing with my spear? That's it, 50 bench-presses and maybe you'll learn a lesson about ripping off other people's weaponry! I don't care if you say 'you found it first', it's mine!"

Charlemagne: "Good grief... even after giving you that sword you're still such a brat. Well, I don't exactly mind such people so I guess it's fine. Still, do you have to keep saying 'cool' all the time?"

Karle De Grole: "...You're not my kind of man at all."

Jinako Catagiri: "What's this, reverse-harem anime? You mean there's a genre where one girl gets doted on by lots of hot, super heroic guys? Wow! ...U-um, I mean, not that as an Archangel I really care about such things, just... a bit curious, that's all." *blushes* *inwardly* 'Now THIS is the right way to worship me! Maybe if you humans can churn out more offerings like this you won't be quite so worthless.'

Arturia: "The king who received the holy sword Excalibur and, although burdened by a tragic fate, fought to carve the path to a brighter future for his people. I'd heard all about you but I never thought I'd actually get to meet you in person! ...Wait, you're a girl? Ugh, that spoils all my fun!"

Heracles: "S-so muscular..." *faints drooling*

Likes: bullying humans, heroes, reverse-harem anime, Gideon, being worshipped
    Dislikes: weak-willed people, being teased, lack of worship
    Talent: guiding heroes
    Natural Enemy: Gideon

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance- A+
    Confers protection against magical effects. Spells A-rank and lower are nullified. The Servant is virtually untouchable to modern Magecraft, and it wouldn't be an exaggeration to dub them a 'Magus Killer'. As an Archangel, an emanation of Yahweh, Lancer's very existence rejects the occult on principle. However having to manifest under a human hero's Saint Graph has downgraded this Skill to A from its original EX-rank. From her patronage over water, a + modifier is applied to defending against Magecraft employing that element.

"Wahahahaa! Seeing your feeble spells totally fail to harm me is positively hilarious! Now I can understand why demons love toying with you guys so much..."

Independent Action- A
    The ability to sustain oneself in existence without a supply of magical energy from one's Master. At this rank, Lancer can linger in the World for a full week in the absence of an active contract. Typically a Skill exclusive to the Archer Class, Lancer obtains it on personal pride that "an Archangel never subordinates herself to humans!".

Personal Skills:

Archangel Advice- EX
    A Skill that denotes assistance from an Archangel, a Divine Spirit in Judeo-Christian lore. For Lancer whose most famous under her role as "one who guides heroes" she can bestow great blessings to those under her care. Under exceedingly rare conditions Lancer, despite being a Divine rather than Heroic Spirit, can be summoned as a Servant by "hijacking" the legend (Saint Graph) of one of the heroes she lead to glory.

In this summoning, she latches on to Gideon due to him having the most laidback personality that's easily dominated by her most of the time. Lancer herself manifests as the primary Servant, while Gideon just takes the form of a small chibi-looking sheep accompanying her (this references the legend where Gideon agreed to believe Gabriel's prophecies after the omen of a sheepskin soaked in dew while the rest of the ground was totally dry).

However, because of her arrogant and lazy personality it'd be the rarest circumstances where Lancer actually accepts to be summoned. Only if specifically ordered by God or all of humanity is in peril will Lancer reluctantly come forth and offer her full strength instead of just letting her heroes fight for her.

"I may not have the Divinity Skill right now, but I'm still an Archangel! So feel free to worship me to your heart's content, mortals!"

Mana Burst (Water)- B+
    The Archangel presiding over water, Lancer can freely wield her chosen element. She favors expelling spiraling blasts of water from her spear, but can also apply it for defense and movement-boosting via propelling herself with controlled jets. Since Lancer is an Archangel (even if she doesn't always act like one) any water produced by this Skill has the attribute of "Holy Water", burning and dealing additional damage against evil and demonic existences.

"Flowing wherever it pleases, refreshing and beautiful as a clear mountain stream, truly that is the element most fitting for one such as I! ...W-what do you mean 'I'm just as temperamental as an ocean too'? Grr... you'll pay for insulting an Archangel like that! Take this, Water Sparkle Punishment Attack!"

Hero Creation- A+
    In legend, Lancer is one who chooses heroes. Samson, Gideon and Charlemagne are all examples of heroes selected by her hand, who went on to obtain peerless glory and renown. As such, Lancer can "mark" those she favors as "heroes", giving them a great blessing from the World. Those affected receive stats on par with a low-tier Servant and any unique talents/abilities they had in life are elevated to the level of Personal Skills. Given training, it's possible the target can further raise their stats and develop new abilities as they come into their own as a hero. While theoretically a valuable Skill, given Lancer's merciless personality there's few who'd agree to her training regimens.

"Come on, carrying me to the market on your shoulders is part of your heroic training. No, it's not just because I'm lazy and want to be spoiled! Just saying that is going to make me add 50 more squats to your exercises when we get home!"

Noble Phantasms
    Durandal Aqua
    Precursor Unbroken Spear

Type: Anti-Unit

The unbreakable holy sword wielded by the paladin Roland in the epic poem Matter Of France. While having no anecdotes of actually using it in her legend, the sword was gifted to Roland by an angel often identified with Lancer herself. Thus she obtains it as a Noble Phantasm.

Since Gabriel is more commonly illustrated holding a staff or spear rather than a sword, unlike her fellow Archangel Michael, she's remodeled Durandal into a spear for her own convenience. The fact that this lines up with the original form of the sword in some other legends is only a coincidence, or at least that's what Lancer herself insists. "Honestly, as if I'd have anything to do with that scruffy Pagan!"

Lancer's version of Durandal takes the form of a long golden spear with wave patterns spiraling all along the shaft, a cruciform guard and shimmering pale blue blade. As Lancer's Noble Phantasm, it's synchronized with her element of "Water" and become exceptionally compatible with her Mana Burst Skill. It retains the aspect of the "unbroken sword" exalted in Durandal's legend, but said aspect takes form in a different way than usual.

Namely, instead of a blade that's unbreakable through sheer brute strength, it embodies the concept of being unbreakable and constantly flowing like water. Attacks intended to destroy the spear will merely slide off it like water, and that includes tarnishing influences like rust. By invoking it, Lancer can take this attribute even further, making the blade truly amorphous like water. Following the true name release the spear's blade becomes essentially a whip made of water Lancer can control, ideal for striking from unexpected angles or flowing past the enemy's own weapon to thwart a parry.

However the weakness of this ability is that Lancer herself can't guard while using a partially intangible spear, forcing her to put everything into offense.

Bucina Iudicii
    Ultimate Judgment Of Souls

Type: Anti-Unit

The horn Lancer carries that she'll one day blow on to announce the Last Judgment, when the virtuous are rewarded and sinners finally cast down into the lake of fire. As a Noble Phantasm it takes the form of a large, ornate gold and white horn carved with imagery that depicts the victory of God's forces over demonkind in the End of Days. By bringing the horn to her lips and blowing into it, Lancer unleashes a thunderous blast of sound that enforces a concept based on the target's virtue (Alignment); either Resurrection or Damnation.

For Good-Aligned targets the sound-waves will stimulate cell-regeneration at incredible levels, allowing them to regrow severed limbs in moments and lifting negative statuses like poisons and illness. Living humans will also gain an increase in lifespan by up to ten or twenty years from having their cells reinvigorated with life. (This is non-applicable on Heroic Spirits since they lack a fixed lifespan to begin with). Originally the horn would also be able to revive the dead, but that function has been sealed as a Noble Phantasm due to true resurrection being a miracle that transgresses on the First Magic.

If the target's Alignment is Evil however, every cell in their body will be vibrated apart by the unrelenting bombardment of sound. The unlucky victim literally sets ablaze from friction, before being completely torn apart at a cellular level, leaving not even ashes remaining. While unfolding in seconds from an outside view, this process is excruciatingly painful for the enemy as they literally face being stripped down to the last cell while also on fire. Truly a hellish fate worthy of the punishment of sinners in Christian mythology.

The offensive function of this Noble Phantasm can be resisted by high levels of Luck and Magic Resistance, which allows the target to push back and defy the fate of damnation being foisted upon them. In that case they may only come away with severe friction burns to the part of their body directly exposed to the blast rather than completely torn apart. Because of Lancer's morals she only uses this ability on truly evil souls who lack the possibility of redemption. For lesser sinners, she'll just bop them over the head with it.

For inanimate targets that the concept of good or evil doesn't apply to, this Noble Phantasm is merely an intense blast of sound that lacks any special effects.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here's a Gabriel sheet to go along with the other Archangel ones I wrote up a while back. I had some trouble coming up with NPs for her, and I'm aware the Durandal one is a bit of a stretch, but I think it works. As usual feel free to drop by with comments and criticisms. Thanks for reading y'all!

屍食鬼 Ghoul Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Archangel Gabriel: A nice sheet, solid and despite what you say about the stretch with Durandal, it's not outside the conceivable in reality, or in fate, what with how much some things are stretched in the franchise.

Nothing is a greater stretch than the Gate.

On the subject of Durandal, I like how you differentiated it from other renditions of the weapon. Infusing it with the concept of water and re-working it's aspects to fit definitely help make it unique, and the water whip form kinda keeps the idea of Durandal/Durandina being able to pierce any defence, although more in the idea of it pierces a defence by flowing around it than pierces a defence by thrusting through it.

The balance you gave the horn of being resistible but not completely negotiable is a good call, considering how powerful items from God have been so far in fate(Arc killing Heracles, despite Godhand for example, or the 10 rings)

Two questions I do have about the sheet is the lack of something like the Revelation skill. Gabriel is probably the most used angel for bringing prophets from various religions the words of god.

Also, as we know that a prototype of Durandal exists in the Gate, what would her reaction be Gilgamesh calling hers a knock-off or some other Gilgamesh insult.

Overall a solid sheet, nicely done and a nice addition to the Angel sheets we have.

I'm the Great Pretender RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    Archangel Gabriel: A nice sheet, solid and despite what you say about the stretch with Durandal, it's not outside the conceivable in reality, or in fate, what with how much some things are stretched in the franchise.

Nothing is a greater stretch than the Gate.

On the subject of Durandal, I like how you differentiated it from other renditions of the weapon. Infusing it with the concept of water and re-working it's aspects to fit definitely help make it unique, and the water whip form kinda keeps the idea of Durandal/Durandina being able to pierce any defence, although more in the idea of it pierces a defence by flowing around it than pierces a defence by thrusting through it.

The balance you gave the horn of being resistible but not completely negotiable is a good call, considering how powerful items from God have been so far in fate(Arc killing Heracles, despite Godhand for example, or the 10 rings)

Two questions I do have about the sheet is the lack of something like the Revelation skill. Gabriel is probably the most used angel for bringing prophets from various religions the words of god.

Also, as we know that a prototype of Durandal exists in the Gate, what would her reaction be Gilgamesh calling hers a knock-off or some other Gilgamesh insult.

Overall a solid sheet, nicely done and a nice addition to the Angel sheets we have.
    Thanks for your commentary Chain. I did consider giving her a Revelation-like Skill, but thought that might run too similar to the Intercessor Of The Divine I used for Metatron, so I emphasized Gabriel's aspect as the "muse of heroes" over a messenger more generally. Maybe more of that would be emphasized as Caster or Ruler. And yeah, I do imagine her and Gil having an ego face-off, over the sword or otherwise.