Page 36 of 620 FirstFirst ... 26313435363738414686136536 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Quote Originally Posted by Der Ritter View Post
    Lovecraftian horror is boring anyway, because it's just trying to hammer in the same nihilistic idea that everything is scary and we don't matter. Shocker, not everyone wants to be told that.
    yo man i'm late as hell to reply to this but man i just think cthulhus look cool man lemme write my foreigner monkey servants in peace

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 07:55 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Cailte Mayy Ronain :Hm quite good sheet i must say albeit my Knowledge About the Celtic respectiv Britain legends is not big .im curious how he would find my Jimmu ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 07:56 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

FC Link
    Alternate Classes: Caster
    True Name: Johannes Liechtenauer
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Origin: Germany (14th century)
    Armament: Sword

Parameters:
    STR: B
    END: C
    AGI: B+
    MANA: D
    LUCK: A
    NP: C

Skills
    Class Skills

Magic Resistance - Rank C: Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals. Saber’s rank of Magic Resistance is rather high considering the time period he hails from, though he himself does not know the reason behind this.

Riding - Rank B: A Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding.
    Most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill, even vehicles that did not exist in the time period one was alive in, for they are no exception. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts. In his instruction, Saber goes on at length on the specifics of mounted fencing, and as such he possesses a high amount of skill in Riding.

Personal Skills

Eternal Arms Mastery - Rank B: A Skill that prevents degradation of fighting skills when under the effect of mental hindrance.
    Saber was the most skilled fencer of his era, having fully learned a wide variety of traditions. Even centuries past his death, he was seen as an unparalleled legend. Fighting skill is not reduced when under the effects of mental hindrance, though effects that destroy one’s reason entirely still function as normal.

Eye of the Mind (True) - Rank B+: A heightened capacity for observation, refined through training, discipline and experience. A danger-avoidance ability that utilizes the intelligence collected up to the current time as the basis in order to predict the opponent’s activity and change the current situation. This is not a result of talent, but an overwhelming amount of combat experience.
    Capable of accurately gauging a combat situation. Also provides additional insight into an opponent’s abilities before the first strike is executed. So long there is even a 1% chance of a comeback, this ability greatly improves the chances of winning.

Knowledge and Respect of Harmony - Rank D: A special ability that prevents the reduction of accuracy regardless of how many times the same technique has been used on the same foe. In other words, the ability to “render one’s attacks unreadable to the enemy”.
    Seeing through Saber’s attacks is exceedingly difficult. However, someone with keen enough insight can be able to glean the form of his attack. How Saber came by such an Eastern tradition is a mystery.

Noble Phantasms
    Flame-Hearted Epitome
    Fechtens Zettel

Anti-Unit, Rank C+
    The ultimate expression of Saber’s art. Fechtens Zettel is the culmination of Saber’s passion for swordsmanship, being a single strike that embodies the principles that he outlined. Taking the shortest and most direct line of attack, Saber takes the offensive with a simple hewing strike.
    Perhaps ignited by Saber’s passion, his blade becomes covered in flames when Fechtens Zettel is activated. As the flames obscure the sword and its movements, Saber makes his move. Perfectly gauging the distance and angle of his strike, he swings his sword at the enemy. In essence, it is executed as a “perfect strike” akin to an automatic critical hit. The precise form of the attack is concealed from the enemy, but presumably varies depending on the situation and the opponent.
    Incidentally, as it is simply an application of what Saber already practices in combat, Fechtens Zettel has a notably low cost in magical energy.

Description
    Dislikes: Fighting without technique, unnecessary flourishes
    Talents: All kinds of martial arts, directness
    Natural Enemy: Charlemagne

Saber’s true identity is Johannes Liechtenauer, the High Master of German Fencing.

A steadfast master with a passion for the sword. Liechtenauer is a silent man with an intense look. Having no time for those without an interest in swordsmanship, he wields his weapon as an exemplar of fencing. When he speaks, his words cut like a blade, direct and to the point.
    Despite his somber nature, Liechtenauer has a heroic personality. He always conducts himself properly, though he does not deem trickery and subterfuge in combat to be a dishonour.
    Liechtenauer respects his fellow warriors and those that pursued the art of combat. As long as a Heroic Spirit possessed dedication in life, he will treat them as an equal. Naturally, he dislikes Servants that have lost their skill or never had any to begin with. He has no particular opinion on morality, but believes that those who would call themselves heroes should uphold heroic ideals.
    Liechtenauer has no compunctions about serving a Master, and will apply himself to his task with diligence. If his Master is willing and able to learn, however, he would be delighted to teach them what he knows of swordsmanship.
    Liechtenauer’s sole wish is to continue the development of his technique. As the Holy Grail War, being the battlefield of legendary warriors, is an ideal place for this, his wish is basically fulfilled at the moment of summoning.

Lore
    The only existing note on Johannes Liechtenauer’s life is as follows:
    Master Liechtenauer learnt and
    mastered the Art in a thorough and rightful way, but he did
    not invent and put together this Art (as was just stated).
    Instead, he traveled and searched many countries with the will
    of learning and mastering this rightful and true Art
    "
    His teachings were preserved by his students in the form of a mnemonic poem, which later gained fame in German fencing circles. Due to this, Liechtenauer is seen as a great master of the German school of fencing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    My apologies with my delay in replying, I was a little busy this afternoon. With regards to Jimmu & Caílte, I think personally that at an intellectual level Caílte would understand Jimmu's mentality, the sort of give and take "they struck first" is something that nature and creatures like the fae (in addition to humanity) are quite guilty of and he knows this. However, I think the line would eventually be drawn if it came to a matter of dealing with America, I think Caílte would struggle with the idea since, he knows full well that while a ruler may want the best for his people and he would likely sympathize with Jimmu (especially since much like an Avenger Jimmmu is forced to recall and know everything Japan has suffered through and thus almost certainly as a ruler of his country cannot forget America's acts), the fact of the matter is that in Caílte's eyes he wants to punish people for a conflict most of them aren't even alive to remember, much less take part in. In Caílte's mind, Jimmu would essentially be setting a field on fire to get rid of a few weeds. The fact of the extremes Jimmu may go to (if he really wants to fully repay America for everything in WW2 nukes may be involved (or maybe he would just use the Grail to wish a history where America suffered exactly like Japan)) and the sheer amount of damage that would do to not just America (ignoring the possible greater reproductions globally), but also the fact that doing so may not exactly be ideal for Japan either (Japan and America sort of have a trade agreement and such which ironically would hurt Japan if Jimmu attacked them) and Caílte would oppose him, even if he would likely get killed in doing so.
    Thank you for your elaborated answer ,am i guessing Right that you will show us in the future even more Celtic servants ? and please tell me how Cailte would find m y Hel and Fenrir as they are one of my servants that are the nearest with the Celtics somewhat. ? if i later would like to make some Celtic servants could i ask you for some starting Points then ? and i forgot >Be Heartly welcomed in our round !

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting Shiki if i understand it Right it that you draw from that less info an servant profile of Liechtenauer ,not bad respect !

please could you look at my Thales and tell me your oppinion ?

Blog Entries
    ​0

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Liechtenauer: At this point it shouldn't strike as a surprise that you made another solid sheet from an obscure character. I have my doubts about Knowledge of Respect and Harmony though, since its only users in canon are Japanese and it feels like a Japanese-only skill, at least from my point of view. Maybe Instinct or a similar new skill would be better?

Blog Entries
    Oh and I nearly forgot Koga, I am considering doing a post on Feridad (I do have a trick or two to make his thread maybe a bit more interesting). But first I want to finish off working on the current Servant (I still have to iron out his personality and give a good image [maybe also do a bit of tweaking regarding his skills and noble phantasms]), but after that I will probably do Feridad next.
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; February 27th, 2021 at 05:22 AM.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Liechtenauer: At this point it shouldn't strike as a surprise that you made another solid sheet from an obscure character. I have my doubts about Knowledge of Respect and Harmony though, since its only users in canon are Japanese and it feels like a Japanese-only skill, at least from my point of view. Maybe Instinct or a similar new skill would be better?
    I mean, the has even been referred to as simply "Knowledge of Shōwa", so I think it is safe to say that it is Japanese exclusive.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Blog Entries
    ​0

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh boy, there's so many new sheets while I was away... I PROMISE I'LL COMMENT ON MORE OF THEM IN A LATER TIME, but for now allow me to at least praise some of our latest creations.

Liechtenauer: Aaahh, this guy! I once made a Servant out of him so I can definitely relate to the difficulties of digging out his lore. But even with such obscure references, I think you've made a suberb job! It was super fun to read. (And frankly, since I'm very lax with skills and such I didn't mind to see the Knowledge and Respect of Harmony one here. I mean, we're all unnoficially having fun, so the sky is the limit, you know?) Also, characters with his personality are kind of my weakness? A man after my own heart, this one is.

Caílte Mac Rónáin: Welcome to this thread (and what a good first impression)! I was very pleased with this Servant, I could see a good lot of effort in this sheet. I didn't knew of this character, sadly, so it was also a good oportunity for me to educate myself. I loved the concept of his Noble Phantasm too, that whole "damage against armored foes" deal is very interesting (and as always, I appreciate when authors give drawbacks and/or "survival tips" against their Servant's NPs. I dunno, I like it when they're not op hahah). But really, I can only hope we can see more of you in the future.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    ​0

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Regarding Liechtenauer's Knowledge and Respect of Harmony, I gave it to him with a similar justification as Tell's Aiming. His teachings even spell out that one should aim for roughly the same effect that the Skill has, so it fit too well to be just ignored. I also didn't want to just give him the same Skill under a different name.
    And who knows, maybe there was some disgraced samurai traveling around Europe during Liechtenauer's lifetime who taught him some of the principles of oriental swordsmanship.

Also some notes on Yoshiteru: The sheet is good, all in all, but I think some additional formating (like the use of enter) might make it a better read. Kashima Shinto-ryu is also missing a rank. I'd also like to note that Golden Rule (Body) specifically denotes the possession of a "goddess-like" perfect body, which may not have been what you were going for. Golden Rule (Wealth & Beauty) might work better, though even that has more connotations of female beauty.

Blog Entries
    Shinki-pon, Ok tweaked things around a bit (I split up the Golden rule (wealth and body) into Golden rule and Natural Body skills (which I think more accurately reflect what I was trying to communicate about his abilities), also I figured out why the thing with Kashima Shinto-ryu was acting weird. Due to the fact that I have stuff regarding skills formatted like this [rank here] when I put in [ B ] (without spaces) BB code though I was using a fragment of the bold command. As a result, it accidentally kept putting the rank of the skill at the from of the line rather than after the skill name, minor fix, I just had to italicize the B so BB code didn't accidentally recognize it as code. Thanks for the advise.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    Regarding Liechtenauer's Knowledge and Respect of Harmony, I gave it to him with a similar justification as Tell's Aiming. His teachings even spell out that one should aim for roughly the same effect that the Skill has, so it fit too well to be just ignored. I also didn't want to just give him the same Skill under a different name.
    And who knows, maybe there was some disgraced samurai traveling around Europe during Liechtenauer's lifetime who taught him some of the principles of oriental swordsmanship.

Also some notes on Yoshiteru: The sheet is good, all in all, but I think some additional formating (like the use of enter) might make it a better read. Kashima Shinto-ryu is also missing a rank. I'd also like to note that Golden Rule (Body) specifically denotes the possession of a "goddess-like" perfect body, which may not have been what you were going for. Golden Rule (Wealth & Beauty) might work better, though even that has more connotations of female beauty.
    Shiki have you seen my THales if so then i am curious About your Evaluation as i think i did a good Job.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Shiki have you seen my THales if so then i am curious About your Evaluation as i think i did a good Job.
    *Sigh*... Really? Okay, fine.

You appear to still have a misunderstanding as to how the Servant classes work, considering that this Caster of yours is (parameter-wise at least) superior to a regular Archer. For a scholar. Without any martial portions to his legend whatsoever. So why does he have a STR and END of C? A single rank up from a Skill might explain it, but for a Caster, STR and END are usually E if there's no justification for their increase.
    You have once again decided to give him three different compound Skills, one of which is your usual 'every Magecraft I could think of'. He's also got a water control Skill that already has 3 different Skill effect as well as buffing his parameters to those of a combat Servant... Somehow.
    Pioneer of the Stars might be literally the only Skill in the entire sheet that actually fits, given that he's the one who had a hand in starting the whole philosophy thing.
    As usual for your sheets, he has an EX-ranked Noble Phantasm for no particular reason, not to mention a pretty uninspired 'tidal wave slams enemies' kind of dealy.

All in all, learn to limit your sheets. The only positive thing I can say about the sheet is that at least the thing is decently legible.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yoshiteru: Personally I always imagined the "field of blades" imagery in UBW was inspired by the Battle of Camlann, given that's how it's depicted at least by Nasu himself. But this guy is an intriguing possibility as well. The sheet is quite good overall. I don't mind him being able to fight properly under Mad Enhancement. Since "mad but still coherent" Berserkers like Spartacus are dime-a-dozen nowadays it's a little late to complain about that, even if it does digress from how the Class was originally intended. I do agree with Shiki that the formatting could probably use some extra spaces, particularly in his NP section which is a giant text-block right now. Kind of annoying to read.

Blog Entries
    ​0
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 07:57 PM. Reason: just had this occur to me right after I posted

Johannes Liechtenauer: A quick and digestible sheet. Made for a brief, but interesting read. I'd like to see him duel with Munenori.

Ashikaga Yoshiteru: This one's a lot bigger, by contrast, but I had a good time reading it as well. I like that he's marginally more respectful of EMIYA than he is the majority of other mages, treating him with mockery and lecturing him rather than just shitting on him without remorse. That Noble Phantasm is enjoyable, too. There have been plenty of NPs that are fantastic backdrops for action-packed climaxes, but this is especially good for that.