Page 169 of 620 FirstFirst ... 69119159164167168169170171174179219269 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,380 of 12386

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTruthWhale View Post
    Interesting. I wasn't aware you guys had such a hard-line distinction between HPL and the core and expanded Circles of HPL.

In that case, Noth-Yidik makes a strong contender, if pure HPL is the way to go. It's the mother of the Hounds of Tindalos, so it could work.

Actually, that might be the only one that can work.

EDIT: The new profile pic is great, Anju.
    Foreigner as a class is a hot topic here. Before I got here it was rather infamous because most who tried their hands on them had uninspired takes or had the wrong approach to things.

Here you can divide the Foreigner Class into several groups: The HPL's (Servants associated with beings created by HPL himself and the cores like you said), the Outsiders (Those outside the realm of humanity and their understanding, here who the Outer beings are is a bit hazy to define, if they exist at all. Look at Lady Vanatos' approach on Foreigner from the Horror Contest or my approach on Hitler. But they can also include those connected to things from Outer Space or other spaces like the Servantverse, like comets or stuff, not a true example is Voyager and my Mozart Lily Servant can count under that) and then a relatively fresh niche is the realm of Abrahamitic Angels and Demons, see the latest contest thread for Namyaza.

Noth Yidik, huh well if you say the murders were by her dogs perhaps, she is not an Outer God I am currently interested in, rather the hounds of tindalos alone, but could not find a good approach yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Then i am curious what you will think of my Empedocles Foreigner Delrey guaranteed without extraplanar shenanigans.
    that is their whole shtick tho
    Last edited by DelRey; May 9th, 2021 at 05:17 PM.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anju Addams View Post
    Honestly, I have no idea why Nasu has never actually done something like this with historical figures apart from Garden of Avalon. I suppose because it would technically rehash their original tales but some have elaborate enough backstories for the idea. Sherlock and the Victorian Gang are one example.
    Yeah ,but that's not all the Magical side of world is providing much potential but it's mostly unused like a series about the Association would be interesting,or what are you say ?

I have a story in working where this issue is solved abit like would you curious i could give you some spoiler(via message) if you are interested Anju ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Maker of Poor Decisions and Massive Sheets TheTruthWhale's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I actually like the whole idea behind Jack being tied to Noth-Yidik. I'm doing a write-up now. I've got an idea of how the hounds factor in, and who Jack is. It all fits rather nicely.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    I have a story in working where this issue is solved abit like would you curious i could give you some spoiler(via message) if you are interested Anju ?
    If you want. I'll probably have to read it tomorrow though.

EDIT: The new profile pic is great, Anju.
    Thanks, I had it prepared.

Servant Sheet Compilation
    Pronouns - She/Her
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

Blog Entries
    I actually like the whole idea behind Jack being tied to Noth-Yidik. I'm doing a write-up now. I've got an idea of how the hounds factor in, and who Jack is. It all fits rather nicely.
    Good, good. Morg may convert others to the Faker Cult, I will drag others into the Foreigner Sect. The Sect will be supreme.

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, congratulations on the victory, Anju. Sorry I couldn’t get my sheet out in time.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:51 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Good, good. Morg may convert others to the Faker Cult, I will drag others into the Foreigner Sect. The Sect will be supreme.
    Okay meanwhile i chill in power lounge alone *whistles*

Nice view here ,comfy couches , good beverage .
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; May 9th, 2021 at 06:07 PM.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Man. After all this, we end in a whimper. Ah well. Maybe next time. I'll look over the Jack we did get when I get home.

Blog Entries
    Fortuna, it is not about in-universe time, but IRL time basically. It is like considering our works here as canon to the Nasuverse. We are inspired by it and act according to the rules, but we have no idea about the vision of Nasu.
    HPL had several cycles, yes. Other cycles include his closest friends or those according to his notes. Others, like Ligotti are just Fanfic writers acting inside the Expanded HPL-verse. With that logic we can make some creations of Marvel legitimate candidates for Foreigner. HPL Foreigners are on the edge of what belongs to this threat anyways. If the class werent a thing, all similar creations would belong to the Modern Fiction Thread.
    The later additions, like Cyno in that example was made 1994, this basically disqualifies Cyno as a literary element because of it's recency and relevance AND due to the distance with the core of HPL's story.
    That is why i said it works for the Modern Fiction thread.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I know people feel bad enough that they had failed their own standarts so I'm here to congratulate them for at least trying. This was an unnoficial and joke-ish contest anyway, so it's not like it's the end of the world... That being said. ANJU. THOSE NOTES OF YOURS ON AN AVENGER JACK? I COULD KISS YOU. SUCH A GOOD CONCEPT. THE WAY YOU WRITE TOO, I JUST...

*coughs* Anyway, I liked it very, very much. Thank you for the food.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Brevity, Fortuna, Brevity, not everything needs paragraph upon paragraph, pls

In the end, idc who choses which Outer God to make a sheet with, but Foreigner needs to have a consistent frame on which to work with, else every anima character can become a Foreigner. The Frame is HPL and his cowriters so far. It fits from IRL age at least somewhat, they are close to the original vision of HPL, they have enough relevance and function in the Nasuverse. If you wanna do an Outer God that is not even 30yo, do it. But that is in essence the same as making a Legolas from LotR, Aslan from Narnia or Ron Weasley from Harry Potter Sheet here and expect to be taken seriously without reading it belongs to the Modern Fiction Thread.
    The core essence is of time. The Bible could have added the Krabby Patty Formula as a Spell against Lucifer, as long as it is known and centuries old, it is enough to be considered in the nasuverse. These newer creations dont have that and therefore should not qualify.
    I gave them a framework how to do a Foreigner I deduced from the criticism I read here since its inception.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Hey look, a Foreigner Jack. It's not a competition if there's no contender, right?

Happy Mother's Day!

"Mother, why are they always so loud?"

Source: Historical Fact
    Class: Foreigner
    True Name: Mary Pearcey, "Jack the Ripper"
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Place of Origin: London, England

STR: D END: D AGI: C
    MGI: A LCK: A NP: B
    Personal Information
    Height: 5'2"
    Weight: 125 lbs
    Dislikes: Exaggeration, hysteria, cats, the way mice scream
    Talent: Killing Mice
    Natural Enemy: The cats of Scotland Yard
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Divine, Existence Outside the Domain, Female, Humanoid, Servant, Threat to Humanity
    Armaments: A bloody knife

Class Skills:
    • Existence Outside the Domain B: From a young age, she lived with a false stigma surrounding her real family, so she found love in a more accepting one. She is the chosen avatar of an evil god, and holds a portent of the god's Authority within herself.

"Mother sometimes tells me to kill the mice my brothers and sisters find, but cannot reach. I dislike their screams, but the bloody silence that follows is quite pleasant."

• Divinity C: A "Gate" to a god in the darkest corners of space, though her divinity is middling, she is the greatest killer of her cult. As compensation, her Insanity cannot be removed, but neither can the mark of her hounds.

"Do not question Mother. Do not anger Mother. Sleep only at hard angles. Make sure no noisy mice bother Mother."

• Insanity A: A false love. A mother that isn't, siblings that aren't. Internalized, so none may tamper with such a useful tool. Lucky girl, Mary.

"'My sentence was a just one, but a good deal of the evidence against me was false.' Mother wanted me to know that my punishment was just, and she is always right. To think, I almost spared a mouse."

Personal Skills:
    • Mother's Daughter B+: Unique to the human avatar of she who mothered horrific and warped creatures called Hounds. Hunters that could travel through time, once one was marked by them, escape was nigh impossible. Mary can sense any creature the Hounds have marked, and can mark up to one entity herself. She knows exactly where they are when they step within five feet of a solid corner, angled between 80 and 100 degrees. Additionally, Mary is granted the unique senses of the hounds. She can see perfectly in any light, and can identify and track smells as well as a dog can. She has a perfect, innate sense of time, and instinctively knows the degrees of any angles she can see. All things help with the hunt, but would drive a mortal insane. A perfect gift from a loving mother.

"The mice think they're safe in the open. No corners, they think. They were always the ones Mother wanted me to kill. If only they hadn't run. At least I killed them under the stars. Mother can see it better. I like it, too. It's like a million eyes watching me, proud of my work. I do so dearly love my family."

• Untraceable Monster A: Mary can leave only the evidence of her being anywhere that she wants. Even things like skin flakes dissolve into nothing, unless she purposely wants her passing known. Grass will turn upright, footprints will disappear, and blood will spread in improbable ways. This is no illusion, but reality being subtly rewritten so that those traces were never left in the first place.

"Sometimes, Mother says to leave a trace. A note. A clue. She likes it when mice are afraid. It's why she had me kill the one who brought me to her. There are no good mice, Mother says, only useful ones. I became unuseful once. I don't wish to do so again."

• Medical Training C: Though she was not a midwife, Mary has intimate knowledge of human anatomy, especially that of women. Her knife can move like a surgeon's, or a butcher's, and her prey will die all the same.

"Mother showed me the body of a mouse, once. One of my brothers brought it, and he made me study it. He had hunted many mice, and knew all about the best places to cut and tear. I hope his recent hunts have faired well."

• Beloved by Hounds B: Dogs love Mary, and she, them. Over all the years of atrocities she committed, she never once hurt a dog. Her mind is twisted in such a way that she can even speak with them. They are inclined to listen, but are not compelled to obey. Of course, this means that all cats hate her. Cats see the truth of things.

"Dogs are a lot like my brothers and sisters. Mother likes dogs. So innocent. So stupid to love mice. But that is not their fault, so we like them."

Noble Phantasms:
    Nwngluii
    Mystic Eyes of Evisceration

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: She must be able to see the target
    Maximum Number of Targets: One
    Description:
    With a gaze like that of an angry storm, Mary's eyes glow a gleaming swirl of pink, purple, and yellow. Against a target she has marked, she can cause deep lacerations wherever she desires. This bypasses physical protections, but not magical or divine ones. Each cut takes roughly a second to form, and the cuts themselves, while deep enough to potentially hit vital organs or arteries, cannot sever limbs. Natural resistance to slashing damage, such as from scaled skin or a specific skill, is completely ignored, but the cuts are not precise enough to target small and vulnerable areas, like the neck. Mary may use the power of these mystic eyes whenever she wishes, but they must be consciously used - they are not automatic, and like all Noble Phantasms, require Mary to utter the name, though she may do so at a whisper. Such a name need only be uttered once to cement their intrusion upon reality, at which point, she can turn them on or off with a thought. Mary can also use them to cut apart inanimate objects, marked or not, and can cut through solid wood and stone completely, while only leaving deep gashes in metal or stronger material. Inherently magical objects, like Servant weapons, are unharmed by these eyes. The cuts caused by these eyes are always perfectly straight, or angled at exactly 90 degrees.

Ahl'n'gha
    A Family Affair of Chasing Mice
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: All of Existence
    Maximum Number of Targets: One
    Description:
    The activation of this noble phantasm requires that the target be marked by either a Hound or by Mary herself. A horror beyond reality is called, a Hound, four legged, warped with spines and tendrils. Each time this is used, a different family member is called, portraying a different horrific visage. Mary and her "sibling" then begin the hunt. As long as the Hound lives, she gains its ability to teleport into angles of between 80 and 100 degrees, provided it would bring her closer to her prey. Just like the Hound, she can only teleport to permanent, structural, three-dimensional angles - those of cloth, paper, and ink do not count. Once the prey is dead, the Hound takes a trophy, usually an organ that Mary must surgically remove. Mary may only ever call upon the aid of her family once per target, and if they fail to kill it, as Mary knows quite well, poor hunters tend to anger Mother.

The Hound is a unique entity, a being from beyond the stars, spawn of the evil god Mary knows as Mother. They are immortal beings, howling in the maelstrom, hunting those who catch the eye of their progenitors. Pack hunters, a single hound is only as strong as a B+ Noble Phantasm, and particularly weak to divinities that are not from outside the system. They have strong senses, including the ones from Mother's Daughter (though they would be considered to have it at A rank), and can move without making any noise They share Mary's Mystic Eyes, and can target as many marked targets as they wish. The Hound only disappears after being "killed" (which banishes them) or after the target is killed. The Hound summoned by this Noble Phantasm cannot mark anyone new - it is only there to help its sister in the hunt.

Lore
    Mary Eleanor Wheeler, otherwise known as Mary Pearcey, or Jack the Ripper, was a middle-class woman born in London. When she was a girl, rumors circulated that her father was a convicted and hanged murderer, and even had such things printed in the local paper. Though later retracted, the story still put a stain on her public image, even as a child. She was not loved by her family, and so, was easy pickings for the cult of Noth-Yidik, Progenitor of the Hounds of Tindalos. They gave her what she couldn't have at home - attention, love, and affection. All were false, however, as the outer god had a use for Mary, one even the cult was not fully aware of.

When she came of age, Mary first heard the voice of Mother, and understood the way of the world. Most humans were nothing but mice, and while they did not bother Mother, she could have as much fun with them as she wanted. She became a known adulterer quite quickly, and found great pleasure in the mice that she slept with. She grew to know with the prostitutes of London. Though the man she had been staying with, one John Charles Pearcey, had left, she decided to keep the name. It was right after he left that Mother had her kill her first victim: the leader of the cult. No body was ever found.

Mother found entertainment in watching the mice scurry about, and so, she set Mary about to become a hunter. She would use her spawn, the Hounds, to mark women Mother did not particularly like, and order Mary to kill them in a way that would entertain her. Unlike true hunts, these women made for poor prey, and were usually the prostitutes that she had come to know. She followed Mother's instructions, using the gifts and knowledge she was given to bring all of Britain to fear the streets at night. Eventually, though, Mother grew tired of such things, and turned her attention elsewhere, and the killings stopped.

Mary returned to doing what she loved most - having fun with mice in her own way. She encouraged her current toy, a man named Frank Hogg, to marry the girl that he had knocked up, thinking that it would be a wonderful experience to watch a mouse grow. Phoebe Hogg and her child would become more entertainment. It was the only order she ever disobeyed from Mother. When the baby girl was just born, Mother told Mary to kill the mouse, and Mary defied her. Punishment came 18 months later, where Mother removed her ability to kill without a trace, and warped her vision so that she could only see Phoebe and her daughter as infected mice that had to be put down.

She was caught almost immediately, and was found chanting to herself, "killing mice, killing mice, killing mice!" This was an after-effect of the insanity, and only faded as she began her court case. Rather than feel remorse, Mary believed her punishment was deserved. In her own pleasure, she had lost sight of what was most important to her: family. She proclaimed her innocence, believing it the best way to put on a show, but knew it was only a matter of time before she was executed. It was confusing when the court presented evidence against her that was fabricated, but in the end, she was satisfied that it would be good entertainment for Mother.

When she was hung, people everywhere came to watch, but Mary went peacefully, accepting of her punishment, not from society, but from the family she had turned her back on. But death was not the end for Mary. Mother would not let such a wondrous tool go, and so molded her identity as Jack the Ripper, forcing a Saint-Graph body to be created by invading the system, allowing Mary to once again hunt. Mary would never again betray her Mother.

Personality
    Mary is insane, a murderer, a monster, and an avatar of an evil god. Despite that, she is polite, and some people find her quite nice to spend time with. Once being a mouse herself, Mary can't help but feel her connection with other mice, and so, unless Mother has ordered their deaths, she tends to enjoy her time in ways she finds pleasant, including acts of pleasure and fantasy that slowly grow more twisted the more she stays with one partner.

She was never caught for the circus act she portrayed for her Mother, but doesn't hold herself in particularly high regard. She is her Mother's daughter and tool, and any successful hunt is just as much due to her as it is due to Mary. Despite this, she detests a spectacle, and finds the flashy Servant battles to be a nuisance, rather than anything engaging. She best gets along with Assassins and Rulers, as they tend to act in more civilized, controlled ways.

A duality of a passion-loving woman and one who wishes for a quiet and content life, such a mind of contrastive desires was perfect for Noth-Yidik, who had seen such self-antagonism in the future, and knew she would be the perfect daughter, even if she had to unlearn how to be a mouse first.

Relationships
    Ritsuka Fujimaru:
    "Master. Mmm-aaah-ster. Mother says it's okay to call you that, because that's what you are. She says it's also okay to follow your orders and kill whoever it is you want killed. She likes you. Very entertaining, my mousey Master is."

Sherlock Holmes:
    "Mr. Holmes. Mother says she would have never let you find me. But why didn't you hunt for me? The greatest mind the mice had, but you didn't even try. I'm very disappointed in you. I can think of a way you can make it up to me, though."

Jack the Ripper:
    "You are me, but unborn. I see. You must have been very lonely, and very cold. Mother would love to have you join us for a small silent revelry. Do you like dogs?"

Holy Grail:
    "This is something that grants wishes? But I have no wish, other than to please Mother. She does so love a good show, though. Perhaps I should wish for another war to watch them scurry over?"

Abigail Williams, BB, Van Gogh:
    "... Mother knows you. She says that we won't get in your way. She also wishes you would enjoy the hunts. I am very good at killing mice."

Creator's Notes
    First attempt a Foreigner, this one is. So, as usual, feedback is appreciated, and I hoped you enjoyed the read. Happy Mother's Day!

Last edited by TheTruthWhale; May 10th, 2021 at 12:06 AM.

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    While the Contest may have been rendered void, we of the Policies department will fulfill our duties regardless of this fact.

Jack the Ripper: Avenger
    The very idea of turning the World's one and only consulting detective into the most infamous murderer in the Western hemisphere was a bold move. Perhaps one could call it the cruel twist of fate, or the simple pursuit of justice against those who could not solve the crime.
    You've expertly twisted the skills of Mr. Holmes around your finger, turning him into the "Ultimate Criminal" in opposition to his status as the "Ultimate Detective".
    Because there is no opposing force, We shall decree under the authority of the Truth and the Root that this Jack the Ripper shall hold the status of victor. Effective immediately, you shall be awarded with the rank of Pride. Writers exist and endure in the creation of the new, and the twisting of the old. Your status shall not be opposed by anyone, for this is the word of Barthomeloi.

Barthomeloi Hux, Lord Barthomeloi, Policies Department

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Foreigner: Damn. That is...damn great. I really like your style of writing. The short sentences add flair. i dont know much about the original Mary, I hope Anju knows her and can tell more about her.
    But you managed to take such a non-character as NY, who is just the mother of something much more known and twisted it to something truly grotesque and wonderful. On Mothers Day even. I tip my head, this is truly a great Foreigner sheet. It will inspire me in future works, perhaps with your approach I find new Outer Gods to explore.
    What i nitpick tho is the amount of skills.

Insanity has the tradition here to be a Class skill btw, so you can move it up. The Foreigner skills are well ranked too. Beloved by Hounds sounds more like a low ranked Familiars(Dogs) skill. To lower the amount of skills I would suggest to merge Marked by Mother and Blessed Senses, as both relate to her becoming 'Mother's Daughter' and become like the Hounds, imo at least

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Not a bad idea. The skill could even be called "Mother's Daughter." I'll get on it, and edit this when I'm done.

EDIT: And done.

I appreciate the feedback, and glad I could help you find inspiration.
    Last edited by TheTruthWhale; May 9th, 2021 at 08:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    Okay now that makes a bit more sense, I suppose I ended up interpreting that wrong. I have to apologize as when I heard you say "X isn't canon" I interpreted that as you saying "I don't like X and their work and therefore it isn't canon and should not be considered such or acknowledged by others" (as generally I've personally found that's what fans tend to really be saying when they don't like something [Star Wars or Star Trek as an example]) and it just comes off as a little off-putting and that's why I stepped up to defend TheTruthWhale's idea initially.
    Its okay. All new works are not canon, not even in the true HPL fandoms, because they divide in Mythos Cycles and nothing can be added to the core cycles anymore, because they are simply not the authors.

picture doesnt work, so use this link instead

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It seems very silly to me to hold an extremely unofficial contest specifically between two people, and then when extenuating circumstances force half of the participants not to be able to finish on time, to disqualify them and declare the other the winner by default. I think Avenger SherJack was an absolutely inspired stroke of genius (fitting) but... why not just... wait? There is no hard rule to this thing, it's not THE contest. Just... let Lambda finish and judge them both on their own merit? Disqualification because IRL proves absolutely literally nothing that the contest was designed to do. Whatever, guess it doesn't matter.