NP: EX

Height: 168cm
    Weight: 140lbs
    Dislikes: Restrictive tales
    Talent: Opening the gate for Eldritch entities
    Natural Enemy: Mirabai
    Attribute: Beast
    Traits: Female, Divine
    Armament: A titanic, rusted iron key, covered in barnacles and seaweed, practically the size of an anchor
    Catalyst: Tales of the sunken city of Ys

Class Skills:

Existence from Outside the Domain A: As a herald and aide of the Great Old One Cthulhu, he who endlessly dreams in R'lyeh, Foreigner naturally gains this skill associated with her connection with Cthulhu. In her case, it transforms her into a vaguely jellyfish-like entity, with stinging tendrils and damage resistance. In addition, Foreigner gains flight and swimming capacities of rapid speed, although as she doesn't have legs, she cannot walk.

Divinity B: The divinity picked up by Foreigner from Cthulhu is naturally high.

Insanity A: The mental fortitude required for Foreigner's brain to not snap at the sight of Cthulhu. However, in Foreigner's case, it appears to be more of a "fascination with the unknown" and a thrill at her new state.

Personal Skills:

Call of the Depths A: Dread Cthulhu called out to find a new home, and Foreigner heard, convincing her father to build the city of Ys. This naturally manifests in the form of a skill held by Foreigner enabling communication with all aquatic creatures up to and including Eldritch entities. In addition, it enables Foreigner to make devastating shrieks that destroy the sanity of all those who haven't Seen the Outer Gods themselves.

Undertow's Grasp B: It was said that a supernatural force, likely a saint, held the horse in place and pushed Foreigner off before letting Foreigner's father and the horse leave. It was a force, but in truth it was one of the tentacles of dread Cthulhu himself. As such, Foreigner can utilize those tendrils, manifesting them through portals around and in front of her. These tendrils naturally attack sanity, but their main use in Foreigner's grasp is to merely drag down targets into the water, where Foreigner can easily prey on them.

Witch of the Abyss A+: After Foreigner was dragged down, she saw dread Cthulhu, along with his numerous servitors, within the sunken city. She became one of them, drawing on the power held by them. As such, this skill is that to use magecraft without any true chant, instead using Foreigner's sanity-devouring shrieks to trigger magecraft associated with the water. One of Foreigner's favorites is a spell that creates a titanic whirlpool, at the center of which Foreigner waits.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Ys Dahut
    And The Water Rushed In

Type: Anti-Defense
    Range: 10 meters
    Max Targets: 1 target

The act Foreigner is most famous for, opening the gates of Ys and letting the water flood in. This manifests as the key in her hand, which can passively "unlock" defenses below B rank. When the true name is called, Foreigner frays the barrier between "land and sea" with the key, creating an insanity-inducing land which can be swam in just like water.

Ys R'Lyeh
    The Sunken City's Doors Open

Type: Anti-City
    Range: 300 meters
    Max Targets: 10000 targets

The maximal activation of Ys Dahut is this Noble Phantasm. When the true name is called, Foreigner reopens the domain formerly knwon as Ys. Of course, now it instead holds another name. R'lyeh. The sunken city itself rises, a city that is perpetually underwater no matter what attempts to stop that and where geometry, physics, and the world don't work anywhere as they should, creating a disorienting and insanity-inducing landscape, patrolled by Spawn of Cthulhu. However, to use this, Foreigner must sacrifice the key.

Lore: Dahut was recorded by history as the princess of the land of Ys, created especially for her because she yearned for a city that close to the sea. However, either foolishly or sinfully, she opened the gates and let the water loose, flooding the city. Her father and her attempted to escape, but a magical spell prevented the horse from moving until Dahut was thrown off. However, in truth... Dahut asked for the city to be built because she heard the call of the great old one Cthulhu, the dread High Priest. She decided to create Ys as a land that Cthulhu could then take over. So when the time was right, she released in the water, allowing Cthulhu and his spawn to enter. She herself was also dragged down by him.

Personality: Haughty and manipulative. She views herself as superior due to having "seen the Truth", and will tend to condescend towards anyone who hasn't. As such, she tries to expose everyone to seeing the Truth themeselves. She is also a little spoiled, used to achieving her every desire easily as a result of her political power first, as princess, and now her power as the Witch of the Abyss. Her biggest hatred is how history painted her, as either evil or foolish, and not as one merely ahead of her time, before the others could See. As such, her wish is to "rectify" that.

Relationships:

Mirabai: "You saw, and yet you still chose to betray us? How could you? As the Witch of the Abyss, I command you kneel and re-embrace us."

Ambrose Bierce: "Ufufu! It seems you're more cunning than you seem, writer. I suppose the King in Yellow has to earn his status as my patron's rival after all."

Abigail Williams: "Another Key? Listen, you'll never live up to me, the glorious Witch of the Abyss!"

Katsuhika Hokusai: "You saw and you abandoned it for... paintings? Well, at least they were inspired by the Sight. Perhaps worthy of going in my court."

Delilah: "How dare you betray your patron? Oh, it was Father Dagon? Oh, well. Guess some patrons are more worthy and others aren't."

Abhartach: "Oh! Similar area, huh? I suppose you might be worthy of being my disciple."

Creator's Notes: Wow! Sunny, you just came back and wrote an AMAZING sheet, didn't you? I just LOVE that Salai, especially that NP!

And the Henry is definitely cool too, Saron! I found the text color pattern thing a bit confusing (might just be me being tired tho) but I thought it was a really creative and fun idea! Glad you liked my Fujiwara
    Last edited by jishara; June 1st, 2023 at 01:19 AM.

I can't believe it's not Rider! DesReploid's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    《 ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ 》

I praise the Lord, the Sovereign of the royal realm,
    Who has extended his sway over the tract of the world.
    Gwair's prison in Caer Siddi was in order
    Throughout the course of the story concerning Pwyll and Pryderi.
    No-one before him went into it -
    Into the heavy grey chain which was restraining the loyal youth.

《 ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ 》

S A B E R
    of the Otherworld

《- Pwyll -》

"Hm? Oh, well this is new. Hello there! Hi, you’re my master then, yes? Cool! My name is Pwyll, formerly king of Dyfed and friend-slash-husband to a few god-like people. But, don’t let my titles and stuff intimidate you at all. I’ll be happy to be your friend and humble companion for the time I’m here."

Class Saber
    True Name Pwyll
    Alias Pwyll Pendefig Dyfed, Pwyll Pen Annwn, Chestnut Haired Prince
    Alternate Classes Archer, Rider, Faker
    Origin Welsh mythology
    Alignment Chaotic Good
    Armaments Swords, hunting hounds
    Catalyst Cwmcych, Horses
    Attribute Earth
    Height/Weight 168 cm / 5’6”
    83 kg / 183 lbs

STR END AGI
    A B B
    MAN LCK NP
    D B A

《 ~~ ★ ~~ Class Skills ~~ ★ ~~ 》《 ~~ ★ ~~ Class Skills ~~ ★ ~~ 》
    Magic Resistance B
    One of the chief skills of the Saber class that grants a Servant protection against any magical effects, sometimes by cancelling the effect outright. Due to Saber’s high rank in this skill he is resistant to magic to a point where even greater magecraft has difficulty affecting him.

Although Saber was himself never a practitioner of magic, ever since meeting Arawn, he was surrounded by magical people and places. He spent a year in the otherworld Annwn (Reverse Side of the World), the home of the fairies and phantasmal creatures where he was exposed to magic at all times, and even his wife Rhiannon was to some degree innately magical and a practitioner of magic.

"Yeah… you’d think that after a year in fairy-land I would have picked up one spell or something but… nope. Magic is like a whole different world to me that I just can’t wrap my head around. The resistance to it I think I developed by necessity. You don’t just spend a year in fairy-land and then come back out completely unchanged."
    Riding -
    This skill has been lost in favour of "Affection of the Goddess"

《 ~~ ★ ~~ Personal Skills ~~ ★ ~~ 》《 ~~ ★ ~~ Personal Skills ~~ ★ ~~ 》
    Chestnut-Haired Prince A
    A composite skill that roughly encapsulates the effects of the Charisma and the Proof of Friendship skills, allowing Saber not only to rule kingdoms wisely and properly but also to defuse near any possibly hostile situation in seconds through nothing else than his charm. Further, this skills seems to give Saber access to an ability similar to Charm-type Mystic Eyes, although this notably doesn’t cause infatuation but rather a form of deep friendly trust.

Though Saber, at the begin of his journey, was a rather irresponsible and fickle ruler, when he switched places with Arawn, a fair and reliable king, and had to rule Annwn for a year he was able to do so so well that its citizens did not notice a difference between Arawn’s rule and his, then when he returned to Dyfed, he ruled as a benevolent and wise man.

When Saber first encountered Arawn he had insulted him greatly, unintentional though it was, by sending his hunting dogs to take the game that Arawn had hunted before. Despite him having upset the highest of the notoriously fickle fairies, Saber was able to convince Arawn to give him a chance to prove himself to him and afterwards emerged out of it all with a lifelong friend in the fairy king.

"I’ve had some people ask me how I manage to charm everyone I interact with to some degree and honestly, I have absolutely no clue. I just try my best to be friendly and respectful to people and to try and be myself - Which, yes, I know, sounds very hypocritical coming out of my mouth - and that seems to kind of do the trick somehow. I dunno… maybe I’m just naturally charming or something?"
    Affection of the Goddess C
    A skill that denotes that the Servant possessing it is favoured by a particular Goddess. In Saber’s case the goddess whose favour he earned is his wife Rhiannon who appears in his story as a human with magical capabilities that was likely in some way connected to the Gallo-Roman goddess of horses Epona, Saber theorises that Rhiannon may have been some form of an incarnation of said goddess.

Mechanically, this skill gives Saber access to the abilities of the Riding skill as well as the ability to commune with equines to some small degree. He doesn’t have the ability to hear horses speak like people, but he can somehow sense things like emotions and intentions from horses and, to a very limited degree, read their minds.

"It was kinda weird to figure some of these things out after I bit the dust. I mean not only was my best friend a god of death but my wife was a goddess too, well, maybe not directly a goddess but somehow directly connected to one. Then there’s little ol’ me in the middle who’s basically just a random schmuck compared to those guys. Yeah, it's really weird that. Funny too, a little bit at least."
    Protection of the Underworld B
    A skill that designates a Servant to hold some power over a pillar of the underworld, to some degree similar to Authority that is normally granted to Gods and the Evils of Humanity (Beasts). Though Saber is no true divine spirit of the underworld, he was nevertheless its ruler for a year and was later granted the title Pwyll Pen Annwn by its actual ruler Arawn granting him forever a kind of ruling position over Arawn’s particular pillar of the underworld. Despite his lack of actual divinity, Saber was made a ruling figure of the Underworld by the underworld's king and, as such, he will always hold some small amount of Authority over it.

Mechanically, this skill mainly boosts Saber’s and his allies defences as well as the performance of their Noble Phantasms. It also grants Saber some resistance against instant-death effects. Additionally, he does hold power of the powers of the underworld and its denizens, though, another Servant with a higher ranking Authority over the underworld could simply overrule Saber in that particular department.

"Head of the Underworld. I wonder how many regular people besides me were granted dominion, limited though it may be, over the underworld by its ruler. There couldn't be many besides me, maybe I’m even the only one to ever be given the honour. And an honour it really is, I remember the day when I met Arawn again, he gave me a gift then, a pair of hunting hounds from Annwn, and told me that once my life came to an end I had a seat waiting at his council. I was stunned. Felt like I’d gotten punched in the face a little. I remember not really knowing what to say to him for the rest of that day."
    Bottomless Bag B
    A powerful mystical artefact given to Saber by his wife Rhiannon, not quite powerful enough to be considered a Noble Phantasm although it could feasibly manifest as one if Saber is summoned in a different class. On the outside, it is a simple traveller’s bag made of dark cloth that looks as though it could hold a few pieces of clothing and not much else. However, in reality it was enchanted with a charm that makes the bag entirely bottomless, Saber can use it to store anything he likes and retrieve it from the bag again without problem, even living creatures can be stored without much problem, though it isn’t very comfortable. In combat Saber can use the bag somewhat akin to a shield, as most attacks will simply disappear into it without effect. Though the bag isn’t indestructible, it is possible that a Noble Phantasm, for instance, could damage or destroy the bag.

At Saber’s wedding a humble petitioner came to him and asked him for a boon, to which Saber unwisely answered he could have “Anything”, the petitioner, then revealing himself to be Saber’s wife’s former suitor Gwawl fab Clud, asks for Rhiannon’s hand in marriage and Saber is honourbound to oblige him. Rhiannon fashions and gifts the bag to Saber as part of her plan to get out of the wedding with Gwawl. During the wedding between Gwawl and Rhiannon, Saber disguised himself as a beggar and asked for Gwawl to be allowed to fill his bag with food; Gwawl grants him his wish, but the bag will not fill. Gwawl asks what it would take for it to be full, to which Saber responds a noble would have to step into it and tell it to be full. Thus tricked into the bag, Saber reveals himself and promises to release Gwawl only under the condition that he swear to leave Saber’s lands never to return and give up Rhiannon. Gwawl agrees and is banished from Dyfed.

"For all the wisdom gained in Annwn, I think my impulsiveness and inability to properly consider all the possible consequences of my actions are character flaws that will never leave me. That said, who in the world expects a petitioner whom you promise a boon to turn around and ask for your own wife?! I mean, come on! That is such a dick move!"

《 ~~ ★ ~~ Noble Phantasm ~~ ★ ~~ 》《 ~~ ★ ~~ Noble Phantasm ~~ ★ ~~ 》
    Cleddyf Annwn
    Fairy King Slaying Stroke

Anti-Unit | B++

When Saber switched places with Arawn he did so with the goal for him to defeat Arawn’s rival Hafgan, a fairy king in his own right, who was always at war with Arawn, constantly vying for Arawn’s territory. Hafgan possessed a special ability that allowed him to recover from all injuries, no matter how grievous they were, when he was struck more than once. So, when Saber, disguised as Arawn, stood face to face with him, Saber needed to defeat him in a single strike - A single strike that had to be powerful enough to defeat a fairy strong enough to rival a god of death. Miraculously, Saber managed to produce such an attack, when he hit Hafgan the rivalling Fairy King was wounded so badly that he died only a few seconds later, allowing Arawn to become sole ruler of Annwn.

This Noble Phantasm is a sublimation of that very moment, when a mortal man mustered the strength to defeat a fairy king, a rival to a god of death, in a single stroke. The Noble Phantasm itself is, notably, not the sword Saber wields itself, rather the essence of this Noble Phantasm is “Any sword held by the Prince of Dyfed”, Saber is able to execute this technique with anything that could be conceived of as a sword.

Notably, though this Noble Phantasm is already deadly by itself, it is further empowered the stronger its target’s connection to fairies is. When used on a fairy directly this Noble Phantasm represents almost certain death.

"I cannot properly put into words how truly stressful it is to be put into that position. Like, it already isn’t the smartest idea to challenge a warlike fairy king to a duel, but doing so knowing that you have exactly one hit to try and defeat him… yeah, that’s a whole nother level of stress. I dipped pretty soon after the duel with Hafgan was over, saying I would be taking the rest of his kingdom now. That was only a half truth. I did send Arawn’s men ahead and I did follow closely behind, but I also needed to take a minute to hide behind a tree and catch my breath."

Pwyll Pen Annwn
    Authority of the Head of Annwn

Anti-Unit (Self) | EX

A Noble Phantasm that unites the Authority over the underworld given to Saber by Arawn with Saber’s most notable achievement, ruling Annwn for a year in Arawn’s stead.

Mechanically, this Noble Phantasm has two effects. The first, which can be accessed without releasing the Noble Phantasm’s true name, allows Saber to create small portals from which he can pull objects or creatures from Annwn into the world. Saber can pull armors and weapons from Annwn, mostly swords but he can also manifest other weapons this way. These aren’t any legendary weapons with any myths associated with them, though they are lightly magical, they are by no means special.

What is much more notable is that Saber is able to summon certain creatures from Annwn as well. Specifically, Saber is able to summon the legendary Cŵn Annwn, the ghostly white hunting hounds of Arawn that make up Arawn’s Wild Hunt, some of which Arawn gifted to Saber personally after they had traded back. The Cŵn Annwn are rather powerful mythical creatures, though a single hunting hound may not be a serious threat to a proper Heroic Spirit, a small pack of hunting hounds would be a much more serious threat. Though, it should be noted that manifesting these Cŵn Annwn isn’t easy, it places a strain on Saber’s mana reserves and he has trouble controlling multiple at once. Saber is most comfortable summoning one or two hunting hounds at a time.

When the Noble Phantasm’s true name is released, Saber becomes virtually indistinguishable from his friend Arawn in appearance, donning a long fur coat, darker armour and a featureless mask sporting large antlers. Even skills such as True Name Discernment would identify Saber as Arawn, the king of Annwn.

While this effect of the Noble Phantasm is active, Saber once again becomes king of the underworld, as he was for the year he switched places with Arawn. His Protection of the Underworld ranks up to EX rank, his parameters increase drastically and most notably, his authority over Arawn’s pillar of the underworld becomes absolute and he gains the ability to summon and control Arawn’s Wild Hunt with relative ease, allowing him to manifest and command dozens of Cŵn Annwn. While this Noble Phantasm is active, Saber is comparable in strength to a true underworld deity even though he lacks divinity or a divine core.

It should be noted that, although Saber becomes virtually indistinguishable from Arawn to the point that even abilities specifically tailored to identify heroic spirits would identify him as the king of Annwn, he is still Pwyll and not Arawn.

"I may not be a god, or a fairy, or any other mythical being of any sort. I am just a man, a man who by his own actions and choices allied himself with gods and creatures beyond myself. But, I wonder, which prospect is more unsettling, to face a true king of the underworld or to face the man he considers his equal?"

《 ~~ ★ ~~ Background ~~ ★ ~~ 》《 ~~ ★ ~~ Background ~~ ★ ~~ 》
    Pwyll was the ruler of the seven cantrefi of Dyfed. His headquarters is in the castle of Arberth, from where he makes his hunting trips.

On one of these hunts, he drives the dogs of a ruler of the other world from the prey. The owner of the dogs, Arawn, the King of Annwn, demands that Pwyll swap places with him for a year and a day, during which time he defeats Hafgan, a rival of Arawn. Hafgan must be killed with the first blow, with the second he stands up unharmed. Pwyll kills Hafgan, and Arawn brings Dyfed a time of prosperity and peace. Although Pwyll has assumed Arawn's appearance, he does not sleep with Arawn's wife, and because of this taboo, Arawn befriends him after Pwyll has represented him for a year, and Pwyll is awarded the title of "Pen Annwn".

Rhiannon was promised to marry a wealthy man named Gwawl, but she chose to marry Pwyll against her father's will. She appears to him one afternoon at Gorsedd Hill near Arberth, which was an entrance to the underworld. The prince immediately falls for the beautiful young woman who gallops past him on her white horse. He sends a servant to catch up with her, but the servant returns undone, for the distance between Rhiannon and him has not diminished. This happens a second time the next day. The prince returns to the hill on the third day, where Rhiannon appears again. This time Pwyll pursues her himself, but he is unable to catch up with her, so he asks her to wait for him. Rhiannon tells him that she has come to marry him, but that he has to wait another year. After this explanation, she disappears again.

A year later, she takes him to the palace of her father Hefaidd Hen, where they are engaged. During the festivities, Gwawl tries to come to his right, but Rhiannon and Pwyll manage to delay him for a year and eventually outsmart him. However, the marriage is not blessed with a son, so the nobles of Dyfed demand that Pwyll reject Rhiannon. In the third year she gives birth to a healthy son, who disappears shortly after his birth. The maids, fearing to be punished for their carelessness, smear the sleeping Rhiannon's mouth with puppy blood and claim that she ate her own child. As punishment, she must carry every visitor to the royal residence on her back from the gate to the hall. One day, Teyrnon, a follower of Pwyll, manages to prevent the robbery of his foal and at the same time finds a baby in front of his house, which he calls Gwri Goldhaar. He soon realizes the resemblance to Pwyll, brings him the child. Rhiannon is released from her sentence. In memory of the hard times, she calls the boy Pryderi.

Pwyll dominates Dyfed very successfully and is able to conquer the three Cantrefi of Ystrad Tywi and the four Cantrefi of Ceredigion.

《 ~~ ★ ~~ Description ~~ ★ ~~ 》《 ~~ ★ ~~ Description ~~ ★ ~~ 》
    "Well, lemme see… I do enjoy hunting quite a bit. Though for all my enjoyment of it, the hunters of Dyfed really didn’t like it when I accompanied them mostly… Well, mostly because I suck at it. No, seriously, I am so bad at hunting that I met Arawn when I got lost in Cwmcych while hunting so badly that I accidentally ended up in fairy land. Who does that?! … Well, me, obviously. But, in my defence, I am a very special brand of stupid."

Dislikes
    "I’ve got a… problem, to put it mildly, with people forcing their own ideas on others. Mostly because I’ve experienced it and it sucks, hard. When I married Rhiannon people demanded we have a child, then when we didn’t - Because I was the one who didn’t want to - people demanded I divorce her and find a more suitable wife which is just… Ew, right? People whose only connection to me was that they were my subjects thought they could speak of my wife like a brood animal, doing that to anyone would be absolutely disgusting. This doesn’t just limit itself to my wife, mind you. I have some choice words about a lot of organisations around, but if I’d start now I’d probably never stop."

Wish for the Grail
    "So… yeah, this’ll most definitely sound weird but… I kinda wish I wasn’t part of the Throne of Heroes anymore. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m happy that I’m still remembered to this day and all, I just wish I couldn’t be summoned anymore. I feel like while I’m here I’m shirking my duties in Annwn, after all, I have a job there to do still to this day. That and, well, I kind of promised my family that if I passed before them, which I did, that I’d be waiting in Annwn for them and being here feels kind of like I’m betraying that promise. Now, I know objectively that’s not how the Throne of Heroes and Servants and whatnot work it’s just… I just feel bad for it is all."
    Bond 5

"I hear nowadays there is a commonly known literary cliché called “My friends are my power”, given that I am now mostly known as a character in a book isn’t it fitting that I would say the same? Though, in seriousness, my family - to whom I count both Arawn and his wife as well - is important and precious to me beyond anything else. So, if the question is what I value most in the world, what gives me the most joy? It’s them. Rhiannon, Pryderi, Arawn… I had made great friends in life, I think it’s only natural that I would value them above everything else. "

Dislikes
    "Hm… Maybe this sounds a bit weird given the whole being a king and ruler even in death and all. But, well, I really don’t like responsibility. I’m, like, what? Thirty years old in this form? Somewhere around that hallmark, sure. But, despite everything, I’m really still a child at heart, impulsive, lazy, almost completely incapable of anticipating the consequences of my actions. If I’d had the choice I much rather would’ve not been a ruler. Really if I had been given the choice I probably would’ve chosen to stay a kid forever - so much more freedom and the world feels so much bigger then. I’ve seen much more of the world than most people, I mean, I’ve made friends with gods after all. But my world feels so small, so confined, with responsibility bearing down on me at every turn, it feels like a cage almost."

Wish for the Grail
    "Another wish? Reincarnation, preferably for Rhiannon and Pryderi too. Arawn would probably be mildly annoyed at me for leaving my post for another lifetime but… well, I didn’t really have that much of a lifetime. I died young, before Pryderi was even a proper man yet, I didn’t get to see him fall in love, I didn’t get to console him after his first heartbreak, I didn’t get to be there when he married, didn’t get to be there… well, for anything really. Right after he was born, he disappeared, ended up with a man called Teyrnon somehow. I only got to meet him when he was already a young teenager. … I felt so awful then. Happy he was back, but just heartbroken, like I’d failed him. I’d just like the chance to actually play at being a proper family with Pryderi and Rhiannon. There’s so much I would’ve loved to do and be there for, but fate had different plans then."

《 ~~ ★ ~~ Relationships ~~ ★ ~~ 》《 ~~ ★ ~~ Relationships ~~ ★ ~~ 》
    Artoria Pendragon
    "Hm, I believe good Teyrnon later became a knight under your banner. Well, hopefully he wasn’t one of the ones who went harying off at top speed after some magic golden cup with the rest of your knights eh?

And there she goes. Apparently the joke didn’t land so well."
    Cú Chulainn (Caster)
    "I feel like I know you… and it seems my hounds know you too. Did you lead a wild hunt? You must have, otherwise my hounds would not be so friendly. Well, in any case, I hope the two of us can get along then."
    Bran the Blessed
    "Bendigeidfran, I understand the two of us are family of sorts, thanks to your brother Manawydan that is. He took my Rhiannon as wife after I had passed and, as I understand, was rather good to her. I hope the two of us can get along well then. I’d rather that than being needlessly hostile out of some petty jealousy."
    Taliesin
    "Greetings friend! I understand that my immortalisation in song and story is in part thanks to you. That of my son as well. I don’t know if you would ever have use for me, now that we’re both Servants and all, but you’ve done me a great honour and so, I am in your debt, say the word and I shall grant you any boon! … Uh, within reason, of course."
    Bandietrich
    "Another wild hunt? I never knew so many other places over the world, though that wild hunt of yours seems much more dour than Arawn’s, and his is already not all rainbows and sunshine anyway. Though, come on, lighten up a little hunting for eternity, being one with the wind, it’s not as bad as the world’d make it seem.
    Ashina
    "I like her! She’s like one of my hunting hounds, except, well, a fair bit stronger. If you’d believe it or not we had a hound kind of as smart as her in our wild hunt too, Drudwyn he was called, he belongs to a guy call Mabon fab Modron now though. So, if you ever need someone to take over trying to give her some training, I’d be more than happy to help out! I’ve got a hand with dogs, you know?

Oh, and the irony isn’t lost on me that I’m a man leading a wild hunt of hounds and she’s a wolf leading a wild hunt of men."

Author's Note
    Ah, the impronouncable Pwyll Pendefig Dyfed, one of my favourite mythological heroes almost solely because he can punch in the same weight class as gods and fairies despite the fact that his only heroic power is... being respectful, I guess.

I actually really like Welsh mythology and have been wanting to make a Servant based on it for a while now, so I figured, where better to start than with the focal character of the first branch? I'll probably make a few more Servants from the Mabinogion, maybe Pryderi or Manawydan? Matholwch and Bran the Blessed already have really good sheets to them, so I'll leave them be for a little bit.

Last time I made a Saber servant from Celtic myth Del deservedly tore me a new one. Let's see how this one goes.

Also - What is the colour "Chestnut" and why are there no fictional characters that have that exact hair colour?

《 ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ 》

My Servant Compendium

《 ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ 》

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DesReploid View Post
    Also - What is the colour "Chestnut" and why are there no fictional characters that have that exact hair colour?
    You never heard someone being described as having chestnut coloured hair before?

Anyways, seeing anybody from the Mabinogion turn up as a Servant is sure to turn my head so I guess I'll chime in. Pretty interesting sheet, especially the parts revolving around the Otherworld - notably you resisted the urge the connect Annwn with Avalon and kept the hypothesis of Rhiannon being connected to Epona. Other than that the Skills and NPs are what is generally would be expected of such a figure.

Not bad, not bad~
    Last edited by Skull; June 1st, 2023 at 10:31 AM.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries

Class: Saber
    Other Classes: N/A
    True Name: Kusunoki Masashige
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Place of Origin: Japan (13th century)
    Stars: 3/5

Parameters:

STR: B
    END: D
    AGI: C
    MGI: D
    LCK: C
    NP: B

Height: 182cm
    Dislikes: Traitors
    Talent: Loyalty
    Natural Enemy: Argos, traitors
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Humanoid, male, weak to enuma elish
    Armament: Katana
    Catalyst: His katana

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance D: Rarely came across magic, as such Saber gets a minimal magic resistance akin to an amulet.

Riding B: Saber's frequent depictions as an equestrian statue grant him a fairly high-ranked Riding, allowing him to control standard mounts with much skill.

Personal Skills:

Under the Camphor B: Emperor Go-Daigo had a dream that he was sheltering under a camphor tree, which drew him to Saber, whose name had the same kanji as camphor. This allows Saber to become akin to Camphor, hardening his body to increase his endurance stat, while ranking up his Magic Resistance due to the sacredness of camphor.

Unending Loyalty A: Saber's loyalty was renowned and he was held up as an example of one who always followed his orders, no matter how strange they seemed to him. His resistance towards terror and any other mental hindrance are weakened, however as a downside his self-preservation is also decreased. Truly a mindset that obeys all orders.

Eboshigata C: The Eboshigata castle, one of many Saber had built to enhance intelligence knowledge. A skill that grants Saber an "ear for rumors and news", automatically intaking, cataloguing, and analyzing any and all rumors and news that comes anywhere within his earshot, which is also expanded beyond human limitations.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Shichisho Hokoku
    Seven Lives for my Country

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 0 meters
    Max Targets: Self

A Noble Phantasm that is the manifestation of the famous statement Saber made at his death, "would that I had seven lives to give for my country". As such, this Noble Phantasm grants him seven lives. Upon his death, his body pulls back together, though cuts and injuries still remain. However, every death reduces Saber's sanity more and more until he becomes closer to a Berserker.

Lore: Kusunoki Masashige (1294-1336) was a famous Samurai and general for Emperor Go-Daigo. He is commonly held up as an example of true loyalty. His life's end was caused due to him obeying an order from his Emperor, Go-Daigo, that he knew would lead to failure but that he had already tried to dissuade.

Personality: A stern and strict person who deeply cares for laws and morals. He deeply cares about the "warrior's coad and the samurai's oath" and will never do something "dishonorable" such as refuse to obey his Master or attack a weaponless enemy. His wish for the grail is to be able to reincarnate.

Relationships:

Fujiwara: "How dare you try to destroy the glorious Emperor?"

Argos: "Loyalty. How nice."

Lac Long Quan: "Very honorable. Very brave."

Juana Azurduy: "Neutral zone? Dishonorable. You were not asked to.

Antipope Clement: "Your actions were dishonorable."

Blog Entries

Class: Assassin
    True Name: Ng Mui
    Place of Origin: Chinese folklore and history (18th Century)

Parameters:

STR: A
    END: C
    AGI: B
    MGI: C
    LCK: D

Weight: 180lbs
    Dislikes: Traitors
    Talent: Martial Arts
    Natural Enemy: Bak Mei
    Attribute: Human
    Traits: Female, Weak to Enuma Elish, Humanoid
    Armament: Bare hands
    Catalyst: Knowledge of any of the styles of martial arts Assassin created

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment C: Presence Concealment capable of successful escape from the destroyed monastery. Fitting for one of the five Elders.

Personal Skills:

Chinese Martial Arts A++++: One of the greatest masters of chinese martial arts, she invented numerous styles and was a master of several others. This skill denotes her absolute mastery of the aspects of chinese martial arts, at this rank reaching the status of a supreme master who taught countless other masters.

Wing Chun C: The manifestation of her being the original creator of the style of Wing Chun. In the form of a skill, it becomes the capacity to "teach others martial arts", granting allies the Chinese Martial Arts skill starting at rank D, though through careful work they can rank it up several times at a much faster rate than normally possible. In addition, this version of the skill ignores the Strength statistics in calculations, enabling even one with lower physical strength to easily beat one with higher.

Atop the Upturned Logs B: Assassin's strategy for gaining balance and leg strength, practicing kicks and one-legged balances atop tall, upturned logs. This strategy was the basis for one of the martial arts she created, Wu Mei Pai, focused on slow balanced kicks. As such, this skill serves as a "supreme balance" that can ignore rough ground, tremors, or other uneven stuff at or below rank B.

Five Elders C: Denotes one's status as one of the Five Elders, five legendary masters of Chinese martial arts who survived and escaped after the destruction of the Shaolin Temple. Assassin, prior to the destruction, was the Abbess of the temple along with being a master of martial arts. As such, in her case this grants a "purity of mind" that reduces mental interference effects on Assassin.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Dongwu Zhi Dao
    I Learn From All Around Me

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 10 meters

Numerous martial arts Assassin created, such as Hung Kuen, White Crane, and Dragon Style were based on the movement of animals. In particular Hung Kuen was created through Assassin carefully analyzing the animals and mimicking their movements, adjusted to human limbs. Together with Assassin's capacity to modify her styles to suit whomever needs it, such as what she did for Yim Wing-Chun, this forms a Noble Phantasm. Assassin is capable of "locking onto" any one target, taking in their every move and creating a Martial Art style that perfectly imitates theirs, working in the exact same way even if it doesn't necessarily use the same tools or limbs. However, she can also create one that's the "Perfect Counter" to their own, one that would counter their physical style of combat. Naturally, this noble phantasm has a few weaknesses. She would have trouble imitating magecraft in general with some exceptions. Also, this noble phantasm does need time in order to create the perfect counter or perfect imitation.

Lore: Ng Mui, the Abbess of the Shaolin Monastery, was one of the Five Elders, along with Bak Mei, Ji Sin, Miu Hin, and Fung Dou Dak, who survived the destruction of the Shaolin Monastery. She later went on to create numerous martial art styles, one of the most famous of which being Wing Chun.

Personality: A serious and meditative person. She has a fondness for tofu, it being one of the only foods she ate at the monastery. She is critical of those around, but if she sees that people are truly willing to learn, she would be willing to teach. Her wish for the grail is not to fix the monastery, for in her view there would be no point to do that. Instead, she wishes to just remanifest, to learn the new techniques of the modern day.

Relationships:

Yim Wing-Chun (RoydGolden): "So, the disciple becomes a master herself. We have much to catch up on."

Bare-handed combatants: "Oh! How interesting! I shall have a look, I suppose."

Bak Mei: "You. I will not attack you in Chaldea, but you are not welcome near me."

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TQG Imaginatorious's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    4 pluses?

Blog Entries

Now, let us restore light upon this world.

The Last Roman
    Sword of Justinian

Class: Saber
    True Name: Flavius Belisarius
    Also known as: The Last Roman, the Sword of Justinian
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Qualified Servant classes: Lancer, Archer, Rider
    Attribute: Human
    Source: Historical Facts

“Saber class Servant, my name is Flavius Belisarius. I will do my best to serve you Master, I swear that my heart will never stray away from the right path.”

Parameter

Strength: C Endurance: B Agility: C
    Mana: D Luck: A Noble Phantasm: A

Dislikes: Cruelty, avaricious soldiers
    Talent: Conquering with virtue

Legend

Flavius Belisarius was one of the greatest generals of the Eastern Roman Empire. Often victorious, he is sometimes regarded as the last great Roman general. His successes contributed greatly to the reconquest of the Western Roman Empire under Emperor Justinian, during whose reign he spent most of his career.

During his lifetime, Belisarius was Justinian's greatest general, but he later fell out of Justinian's favour due to rumours of his involvement in conspiracies against the Emperor. Although he never seems to have been held personally responsible, these disgraces, especially the one in 562 shortly before his death, contributed to the development in European art of the myth of a general who died in poverty, a beggar rejected by an ungrateful emperor.

Although the story is exaggerated, he really did fall out of favour.

But he never regretted his decision, always knowing that he had done the right thing.

Class Skills

Magic Resistance: B Magic Resistance grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.

"As long as my soul is valiant, no spell can make me stray off the righteous path".
    Riding: B Riding: B is a Class Skill of Rider, Saber and Shielder class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles

As a general who relied heavily on cavalry in his battles, he certainly possesses knowledge on how to use a mount effectively in combat.

Personnal Skills

Mana Burst (Light): A Mana Burst (Light) is a subspecies of Mana Burst that is allowed only to saints, holy maidens, and holy knights.

A skill gained through the Temple Menorah, which makes up his Noble Phantasm. It allows him to draw upon divine energy, the light that triumphs over darkness. He can use it to unleash powerful, holy bursts of mana on his enemies, but he can also use it as a blessing, shielding him from curses and increasing his parameters.

"This is from the Roman Imperial Treasury, and I'm simply borrowing its power to serve you more effectively, Master."
    Triumph of the Righteous Souls: A+ "For it is not by the number of men, nor by the measure of the body, but by the value of the soul that war must be decided."

Triumph of the Righteous Souls is a composite skill that combines Charisma, Nature of a Loyal Soldier, Protection of Faith, and others... As long as the user and their army fight with values they consider to be just, without ever falling into sin, the user's Luck and Charisma stats will increase exponentially. However, if the opposite is true, the process is reversed and Luck and Charisma will gradually decrease.

Saber was a general who did not allow his soldiers to misbehave, forbidding them, for example, to pillage and rape the inhabitants of conquered towns. Throughout his life, he acted with virtue, especially with unwavering loyalty. Saber was an admired figure, and his mercy was enough to get the cities in his path to give way to him and his army. He believed that as long as he acted with wisdom and virtue, he would inevitably win the war. A skill born of the idea that only the most virtuous will win.

"We all too often forget that man exists to do good. So it's only natural that our projects should flourish when we act as humanely as possible. Loyalty, piety and mercy. I sincerely believe that this is the path to victory."
    Tactics: C Tactics is tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one combat situations, but for battles where many are mobilized. Bonus modifiers are provided during use of one's own Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or when dealing against an enemy Anti-Army Noble Phantasm.

A cautious general who developed tactics that allowed him to destroy armies much larger than his own, his ability to see an opportunity and seize it was excellent. Using small numbers to create brilliant tactics, combined with very good strategies, he was one of the most talented generals of the Eastern Roman Empire. History recognises him as one of the greatest tacticians, and his conquest of Italy and North Africa is a testament to this.

"The key to success is patience... and lots of supplies."

Personnality

A man of unwavering loyalty, the most important thing to him is to live a life of virtue. He believes that there is no greater virtue than loyalty and devotion. He is a perfect soldier, but one who has never gained the trust of his Emperor. Nevertheless, he did not act to be thanked, but simply to follow the right path.

"The purpose of existence is to live a virtuous life. Otherwise, what's the point? A person who lives only for material goods and personal pleasure will soon get lost in the labyrinth of life. That's why you have to lead a righteous life, Master. Because it's a clear path. Whoever follows the flow of things, of this world, will inevitably reach heaven."

He's not the most expressive servant in the world, but he's far from a machine. On the one hand he can seem a little distant because he's deep in thought, but on the other he can be very expressive when he notices something he doesn't like. Injustice or selfish behaviour often makes him want to condemn those “sinners”. But he is by nature very cautious, perhaps a little too cautious. He knows how to seize an opportunity when he sees one, but these strategies are always based on patience and perseverance.

This is one of the other great virtues he stresses: patience. Acting rashly can jeopardise an entire operation, and it's also proof that a person is incapable of sitting still and thinking things through. Saber can be particularly harsh when he sees someone behaving immorally. Except towards his Master, of course. On the rare occasion that his Master is a truly evil person, Saber will go out of his way to ignore certain moral precepts in order to preserve the most important thing of all: loyalty.

Although he looks rather young, he has all the makings of an old knight. His lack of ambition is often surprising. He is simply devoted, like a perfect soldier.

"Once upon a time, Roman civilisation was an empire where the noblest soldiers were gathered together. I am deeply saddened that it has fallen. My only wish is to restore it, to restore the empire of the great generals."

Noble Phantasm

The Light of God on the Successor of Rome
    Triumph of the Last Roman

Type: Anti-Army
    "Rome will not die, I refuse to let its greatness and ideals be forgotten while I'm still alive! I will be proud, and with my head held high I will conquer! Oh, God! Please... grant me another triumph! Though I walk through the valley of the deepest darkness, I will fear no evil, for you are with me."

Triumph of the Last Roman is the Noble Phantasm of Flavius Belisarius.

Saber is often referred to as the Last Roman, one of the last men to inherit the greatness and brilliance of the ancient Roman civilisation. Having reconquered much of the western Roman Empire during his lifetime in an attempt to restore Rome to its original glory, he can be seen as a restorer of Rome alongside his emperor Justinian. Anecdotally, he is credited with saving the city of Rome from destruction. After learning that King Totila was planning to raze it to the ground, he sent him a message emphasising the city's greatness and importance, thus convincing him not to do so.

Triumph of the Last Roman embodies Saber's apogee, more specifically the triumph he received at the end of his Italian campaign. The Roman Triumph is a Roman ceremony in which a victorious general marches through Rome at the head of his troops. It is one of Rome's oldest traditions, and Saber was the last in human history to receive it. His triumph took place in the eastern Roman capital of Constantinople. During this event, the spoils seized from the Temple of Jerusalem by the Roman Emperor Titus in 70 AD, including the Temple's Menorah, were displayed. The treasure had been stored in Rome's Temple of Peace after being displayed in Titus' own triumphal procession, only to be seized by the Vandals during their sack of Rome in 455. It was during Saber's campaign that these sacred relics were finally recovered by the Romans.

The Noble Phantasm is accompanied by a particularly powerful divine power. It represents Saber's triumph, both his apotheosis as a Roman and proof that he has recovered one of the greatest sacred treasures. When Triumph of the Last Roman is activated, Saber temporarily gains the power of all the relics, and especially the Temple's Menorah.

The menorah symbolises the ideal of universal enlightenment. It is also said to symbolise the burning bush seen by Moses on Mount Horeb. The flame of God that appears to guide man, dispel the darkness and restore the light of God. But the menorah is also said to be the equivalent and heir of the Babylonian Tree of Light, a replica of one of the pillars of the universe that holds the fabric of the world together. It is a first-class relic, a Noble Phantasm of considerable power, comparable to Rhongomyniad or Ruyi Jingu Bang. Although claimed by Christians, it was originally a pillar of Judaism. A tree that represents hope, that supports the human world so that it does not sink into darkness and remains enlightened. The unbreakable bond between God and the chosen people.

Normally, the power of the menorah would require a special authority. But through Triumph of the Last Roman, he is able to use a fragment of its power, as the Noble Phantasm represents the triumph and restoration of the light of Roman civilisation. At a time when Roman civilisation seemed to be fading into obscurity, like a flame illuminating a dark future, Saber restored the Roman ideal. Moreover, at the moment of his triumph, Saber was blessed by God, for it was thanks to Him that he had won his war. If Saber feels that he has failed in his moral responsibilities, a mental block will occur, preventing him from activating the Noble Phantasm.

Once the Noble Phantasm is activated, he uses the relic's power to unleash a torrent of divine light on his opponents. Its power is enough to shake the fabric of the world, change the order of things and impose light on opponents. Evil entities are particularly vulnerable to this attack. After unleashing his tower of light on an enemy, Saber receives '+' modifiers to all of his parameters for several turns.
    Author's Notes
    Nothing too special, a straightforward Saber. I honestly just wanted to write a simple Servant, that’s all.

Wanna see some historical figures turned into cute anime girls? I got you

His Servant's Compendium
    Frigix's Fridge

Blog Entries

Class: Lover
    True Name: Otsuyu
    Place of Origin: Japanese Folklore
    Stars: 4/5

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: B
    MGI: B
    LCK: B

Height: 159cm
    Dislikes: Being thought to be dead
    Talent: Returning
    Natural Enemy: Okiku
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Humanoid, Female, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: A hand fan, a peony lantern that floats
    Catalyst: A peony lantern

Class Skills:

Lover A: One's existence as motivated by love, fitting for a servant of the Lover class. Her statistics grow massively higher if she is fighting for the "sake of a loved one". As one who even managed to return to the world of the living through her love, Lover has a very high rank in this skill.

Beloved C+: One's capacity as "someone who is beloved by those around". Functions as a passive charm spell. Lover only had one person in love with her, but the love was so strong he neglected all else but Lover. As such, this skill is less broad and more focused in comparison to the usual version of the class skill at this rank, causing obsession in a single target.

Personal Skills:

Beneath the Peony Lantern A: The peony lantern that constantly lit Lover's way, on some versions being a maidservant holding it, while in others it floated on its own. This lantern facilitated Lover's love. As such, as a skill it constantly manifests, a peony lantern lighting Lover's way while amplifying and maintaining her Beloved and Delusion Trigger skills, even through skills that block mental interference. This lantern also serves as Lover's main offensive tool, using the flame within to burn enemies.

In Truth, A Corpse C: Lover's status as truly a skeleton and not a living person. As such, many strikes that would seem to be fatal would instead not work, as many former vital locations aren't vital to her. In addition, she can push through injuries in a way akin to Battle Continuation, though this falters if she becomes aware of this fact due to Delusion Trigger.

Delusion Trigger B: Lover holds a belief that she isn't a Ghost servant, but in actuality merely a servant who had a happy life and died in her love's embrace, not truly fitting Servant container. This obsession spills out onto those around her, making her appear to be a "perfectly ordinary human" and when that breaks a "weak servant".

Noble Phantasm(s):

Watashitoisshoni Ite
    My Love, Let Us Embrace Eternally

Range: 1 meter

The ending of Lover's tale. A Noble Phantasm only usable when her Beloved skill has maximised on the target. Lover begins embracing the target tightly, draining their life force with the contact and lulling them into the blissful sleep of death in her embrace. However, naturally, Lover will fade away in the embrace as well unless other individuals are under her Beloved skill. A noble phantasm granting Lover a "blissful death in her love's arms".

Lore: Otsuyu, the Yokai of Eternal Love, is one of Japan's Three Great Ghost stories. The tale goes like this: A student named Saburo falls in love with Otsuyu, the daughter of his father's best friend, and her with him. They meet secretly, and vow to marry. Then Saburo gets sick and is unable to meet with Otsuyu for a while. When he comes around to see her, he is told that she is dead. But later, he sees her and her maidservant, carrying a peony lantern. It turns out her aunt, disapproving of the match, claimed she was dead. They begin the relationship again. But then a servant peeks in and sees Saburo with a rotting corpse, while another sits at the door. He, along with a Buddhist priest, convince Saburo of the truth, and his home becomes guarded. But Saburo sinks into sadness due to being without Otsuyu, and eventually unseals the house one night. In the morning, Saburo is found dead, his body entwined with the skeleton of Otsuyu in an embrace.

Personality: She believes that she had a perfectly ordinary but beautiful life, and is incapable of realizing the truth of the tale. She deeply dislikes those who attempt to reveal the truth to her. Her wish is to be able to relive a beautiful life, either reincarnating or just returning to the beginning to relive it once again.

Relationships:

Mae Nak: "Oh, hello. Shall we wait together? Oh, were you called a ghost again? I can't stand it. Just because we're happy and had lovely lives they call us ghosts."

Okiku: "See? How am I synonymous with her? I mean, I wasn't even a ghost! I had a simple and beautiful life driven by love!"

Empress Wei: "You are a Lover too?... oh, thank goodness you're not. I was worried for a moment."

Ikkyu: "...I hate you and I have no idea why. Well, you do somewhat remind me of Saburo, but..."

Ng Mui: "Would you mind... staying away a bit? For some reason, you cause me discomfort."

Creator's Notes: Chinese Martial arts is a skill where mastery is only at A. Li Shuwen, as a master among masters, gets an A+++, I decided to add an extra + to Ng Mui due to her teaching legend and the many styles she created."

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Berserker of Wilderness

"Eh, do we have to do all of this war business? I am not that great of a fighter..."

Class: Berserker
    Alignment: Chaotic/good
    Region: China
    Height: 154cm
    Weight: 57 kg
    Dislikes: Working, responsibility, overly serious people
    Talents: Writing poetry?
    Armaments: Claws, amber
    Natural Enemy: Writers

Stats

Str: C
    End: C
    Agi: B
    Mna: D
    Lck: E
    NP: C

Skills

Class Skills

Madness Enhancement (E): The Class Skill that characterizes a Berserker, raises parameters in exchange for reducing cognitive abilities. At rank E, Berserker will normally retain a normal capacity to think most of the time, in exchange for not receiving any of the benefits of Mad Enhancement beyond a minor reduction in her ability to feel pain.

Personal Skills

Pride of a Failed Artist (B): A special variation of the Skill Aesthetic Appreciation. Although an aspiring poet, Berserker was unable to find recognition or success, leading her into becoming a recluse and eventually going mad. When confronted with another artist, all of her stats increase drastically, but her sanity drops to that of a beast.

Man-eating Beast (C): A Skill that represents Berserker's nature as a human-devouring tiger. It grants her a kind of killing instinct that is natural to predators, allowing her to perceive and exploit the weaknesses of her prey, as well as naturally allowing her to perform perfect ambushes, even if her mental capabilities are reduced.

Roar of the King (C): A Skill representing the thunderous roar of the Tiger, which is considered the king of all beasts in Chinese mythology. Berserker is able to use this powerful sound as a mental attack, inflicting paralyzing terror on the hearts of weak-minded individuals. At a higher rank, this skill would be strong enough to kill, but Berserker does not possess the capabilities for such.

Amber Soul (C): In Chinese culture, it is believed that Amber stones are born from the souls and life force of deceased Tigers. Thanks to this, Berserker has the ability to transmute her blood into a highly durable form of Amber, which she can use to form blades and spikes as projectiles, as well as several types of melee weapons.

Noble Phantasm

The Moon Over the Mountains
    Shān Yuè Jì

"Tch, no other way? Welp, I guess it's your lucky day... since you are seeing a rare sight! Shān Yuè Jì!"

Berserker's Noble Phantasm, it is a representation of the most famous and important aspect of her legend: her transformation into a man-eating tiger. A permanently active Noble Phantasm, responsible for granting all of the tiger characteristics Berserker possesses, such as her claws and ears, this Noble Phantasm also has a special effect triggered by a name released.

It allows Berserker to fully transform into a Mythical Tiger, a Phantasmal Beast that is greater and more powerful than any modern-day regular creature. This Tiger form has the size of a small car, and increases Berserker's Madness Enhancement to rank A, causing all of her parameters to skyrocket but completely robbing her human personality. Furthermore, her Man-Eating Beast and Roar of the King Skills also increase to rank to A, but her Amber Soul (the more noble aspects of her soul) becomes completely sealed until Berserker is reverted to normal.

Beyond the fact that the Magical Energy cost to keep this Noble Phantasm activated is pretty steep, making constant use of it not viable, it also seems that Berserker herself has some level of dislike for this Noble Phantasm and purposefully avoids usage of its full application, only relenting when absolutely backed into a corner.

Background

As a Heroic Spirit, Berserker goes by the name of Li Zheng, although by her own admission that was not her name when she was alive. She is the nominal character of the Chinese legend "The Tiger Poet", who is more widely known by its adapted version "Sangetsuki", written by Japanese author Atsushi Nakajima.

In the story, Berserker is a man living during Tang Dynasty China, who has passed the tests to become a civil servant of the local office but resents his work as something lesser, deciding to attempt a life by composing poetry instead. She secludes herself, but fails to write any good poems and eventually falls into madness, this violent emotional change within herself appearing to provoke a physical transformation.

The narrative jumps forward slightly and takes up with Yuan Can, an old acquaintance of Berserker who is traveling into an area known for being a domain of a wild tiger. After some time, Yuan Can’s party hears the roar of a great tiger coming from a bush and decides to run away. However, before he has a chance to do so, Yuan Can ends up being drawn near it by the sounds of human crying.

He finds the Tiger, who begins to tell of their misfortune and laments over this transformation, and Yuan Can begins to recognize that the voice he hears belongs to that of his old friend. After the Tiger is finished, they run back into the wilderness, although Yuan Can catches a last glimpse of the beast standing over a mountain, roaring at the moon.

There are several very noticeable differences between the character in the book and Berserker herself, with her gender being the most obvious one. However, although she claims to have been a real person and not simply a fictional character, she also refuses to tell how much of the legend has really happened, claiming that as a poet, she doesn't have the right to impose on such a great work of literature.

Personality

The majority of the time, Berserker is a lazy slob who wants nothing more than to do nothing all day. Although she claims to be a "poet", and says that relaxing like this is part of her work, she also never seems to write anything.

Whenever she is forced to fight, she does so while complaining the whole time, her most used excuse being that she is an artist, not a warrior. Still, although her combat style seems to lack any semblance of training, she displays a high level of strategic planning and quick thinking, being able to make very good reads of her opponents, as well as deploying unorthodox but surprisingly effective strategies.

In relation to her Master, Berserker's attitude is usually very casual. If they don't catch her eye, she will just ignore them most of the time and only really interact with them during war-relevant moments. If they are an attractive or interesting enough individual, she will act friendly and call them to drink with her, making small talk and entertainment. It is possible that a Master, through resonating with Berserker's poetry, may establish a deeper connection with her that is capable of transcending the mere Master-Servant one and becoming something "more", however situations like those aren't just rare but also actively dangerous, as it gives rise to situations which push the buttons of Berserker's Madness Enhancement and have a high chance of leading her into losing herself.

Dialouge

"Huh? Training? Master, Servants don't really need to train. Yeah, I know some do, but they are the weird ones, not me."

"Dude, modern-day alcohol is so bad, it's just way too weak. Uh? Why do I keep drinking then? Master, that's kind of a stupid question."

William Shakespeare: "Master, please do something about Shakespeare. He has been following me non-stop, poking me to do something interesting that he can write about. Doesn't that guy know not to poke a Tiger!"

Hans Christian Andersen: "This guy! Oh, this guy! I can't stand pretentious guys like this! Who is he to say my poems are shit? Well… a worldly renowned author, I guess…"

Murasaki Shikibu: "Hey, Master, have you seen the goth librarian anywhere? I asked her for an opinion in a poem and she has been avoiding me since."

Sei Shonagon: "Sei is a really fun gal! I usually don't get along with other writers, fucking pricks, but she is the least pretentious person I've ever met."

Jing Ke: "Oh come on, not only do you write poetry, you also drink a lot? Can't a Tiger have at least one personality trait that is unique?"

Tamamo Cat: "What's with that Noble Phantasm? You are not a Tiger, why are you playing at Shuchinikurin?"

"Let's toast, Master! Bring on the booze!"

"Uh? Do you want to see that thing I was writing? Yeah, sorry, not yet. That one is still a work in progress."

"The grail? Pfft, that thing is kinda useless to me. All I want is to write my poems, and I am not the kind of jerk that would use an omnipotent cheat for that."

Last edited by the god of world-0; June 7th, 2023 at 10:35 PM.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TQG Imaginatorious's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jishara View Post
    Creator's Notes: Chinese Martial arts is a skill where mastery is only at A. Li Shuwen, as a master among masters, gets an A+++, I decided to add an extra + to Ng Mui due to her teaching legend and the many styles she created."
    But is 4 pluses even possible why I balked at it. No offense but 4 pluses is something you would typically see in wanked sheets.

Li Zheng-How and why is transforming into a large tiger considered a EX Anti-Universe np? Is there a collapse I'be missed somewhere?

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, I was wondering about that last part too. The more appropriate type and ranking is Anti-Unit(Self) and A, imo what about yours

Blog Entries

Source: Maggi

Class: Archer
    True Name: Abbakka Chowta
    Place of Origin: India (16th Century)
    Stars: 4/5

Parameters:

STR: B
    END: C
    AGI: D
    MGI: C
    LCK: B

Height: 175cm
    Dislikes: Colonialism, sexism
    Talent: Rebellion
    Natural Enemy: Queen Victoria
    Traits: Humanoid, female, weak to enuma elish
    Armament: A rocket launcher complete with rockets
    Catalyst: A tale about her

Class Skills:

Independent Action B: A skill that allows for one's presence regardless of the existence of a master. At this rank, Archer can last up to three days without a master, fitting for one who refused to bow to any pressures placed upon her.

Magic Resistance C: She rarely encountered magic in life, and as such would normally only gain rank D. However, due to the Agnivata becoming her signature weapon and her Noble Phantasm, she gains a rank-up, making it rank C.

Personal Skills:

Trade Skills B: Archer was noted for her trading policies, which caused her domain to flourish. A combined skill that enables diplomacy and trade between her and others around, growing the more need they have for anything she possesses. In addition, she can sacrifice any items she possesses into a shower of Mana which revitalizes her and the surrounding land.

Expert of Many Specializations B: Archer was trained in many skills, all of which she took to quite effectively. This includes skills such as Marksmanship, Swordsmanship, Military Tactics, Voyager of the Storm, and Riding at ranks D~C.

The Fearless Queen A: Archer's title of the Fearless Queen, granted to her due to her constant and unflinching war against the Portugese colonists. Archer cannot break or buckle to any harmful mental interference at or below A rank. In addition, her power grows against enemies associated with Colonialism.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Agnivana
    Rapacious Fire Arrow

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 30 meters
    Max Targets: 100 targets

Archer was said to be the last person to use the Agnivana, a type of specialized rocket. Naturally, this becomes her Noble Phantasm. When the true name is called, a titanic rocket emerges from her rocket launcher, launching towards her targets in the shape of a wreath of flowers before exploding. This flame is mana-consuming and chases down mana around.

Lore: Rani Abbakka Chowta, the Warrior Queen of Ullal, was a 16th-century queen of Ullal who was a notable rebel against Portugal. She faced Portugal down numerous times, defeating and trouncing the Portugese armies and navies, until her people sold her out for a cask of silver.

Personality: A formal and dignified person. She tends to have very graceful mannerisms and believes in propriety. However, she is extremely passionate about what she believes in, willing to break her standard demeanor to reveal a much more firey and passionate personality. She will usually only show it when around a fellow freedom-fighter. Her wish for the Grail is for her people to never have betrayed her.

Relationships:

Victoria: "I understand you weren't the one behind the attacks, but.... you still came to rule my lands anyway, though long after."

Nang Keo Phimpha: "I suppose poison... well, why did you use it? More to the point, why didn't you just take the throne yourself after, say, the first death?"

Anula of Anuradhapura: "...I sincerely hope you feel better."

Blog Entries
    Oh sorry, that's a mistake. The old sheet I grabbed to turn into a model had a Anti-Universe NP and I for got to erase that.

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Fate / White Memoria

Blog Entries

Caster of Leaves

"Oh, one of you. Well, We guess we can lend you a hand if you need to. Anyway, we are Caster, please don't bother us more than necessary."

Class: Caster
    Alignment: Lawful/good
    Region: Japan
    Height: 60cm
    Weight: 10kg
    Dislikes: Humans, rudeness, modern cities
    Talents: Hiding, fishing, crafting
    Armaments: Leaves
    Natural Enemy: Humans, specifically those who harm nature

Stats

Str: E
    End: E
    Agi: B
    Mna: A
    Lck: A

Skills

Class Skills

Territory Creation (A): A Skill of the Caster Class. Through her Nature as Spirit of the woods, Caster can create a territory that is equal to a Temple, and which specializes in hiding her existence, preventing those without a proper Skill like Territory Infringement from locating her no matter the situation.

Item Construction (A+): Another Skill of the Caster Class, it allows for the manufacturing of magical items, from implements of war to items for daily use. Because her legend is so deeply related to the act of creating and gifting items, Caster has received this still at a very high rank, making it so that objects crafted by her have incredible levels of mystery.

Personal Skills

Child of Nature (A-): A Skill that represents one as a child born on the Reverse Side of the World, that will eventually become one with the same. Due to the circumstances of Caster's existence, she is capable of freely gaining Magical Energy from the ambient around her. However, the rate of absorption is severely reduced in modern urban areas, which belong to humanity.

Green Thumb (B): The Skill to cultivate and grow plants and vegetation, which is inherent to Caster as Nature Spirit. At rank B, not only can sizeable vegetation be grown in an instant, but she can also freely command and manipulate said vegetation as if they were extensions of her body, allowing Caster a myriad of offensive and defensive opinions.

Underground Travel (B): An ability possessed by Caster's race, which was said to live below the ground. It allows her to instantly create and move through underground tunnels with the same speed as she would be able to run overground, Through this, Caster can easily remain undetected by her enemies while traversing through the world, with her capacity to hide being nearly equivalent to that of a Presence Concealment Skill.

Noble Phantasm

Under the Butterbur Leaves
    Koro Puk Kuru

"Well, fine! If this is how it will go, then it's time for me to go away!"

A Noble Phantasm that exemplifies the nature of Caster's people as spirits that grant gifts (blessings) from the land onto people. At surface level, this is a simple Noble Phantasm that greatly increases the Strength of an individual/group of Caster's choosing. However, there is a bit more to it than that.

An important part of her legend is how Caster's people retreated from the world in retaliation to an offense made against them. As such, if the condition that she is harmed in any way, even superficially, is achieved, Caster can activate this Noble Phantasm to retreat from the battlefield and into the Reverse Side of the World, essentially shielding herself from any attack and becoming unreachable to almost anyone.

However, such a power defense comes at a cost. Due to how the legend goes, all the blessings granted to the other beneficiaries of this Noble Phantasm are revoked, returning them to their previous strengths. Even more so, Caster is entirely unable to exit the Reverse Side on her own, requiring a command seal to do so. If all the command seals are used and Caster uses this Noble Phantasm, she will be interpreted as having exited the Grail War. And yet, for that time only, her blessing will not be revoked, but will instead remain with whoever she entrusted it to.

Background

Korpokkur, also written Koro-pok-kuru, korobokkuru, korbokkur, or koropokkur, koro-pok-guru, are a race of small land spirits in the folklore of the Ainu People who inhabit the northern Japanese islands. The name, usually interpreted to mean "people below the leaves of the butterbur" in the Ainu language, refers to the species as a whole, and Caster herself is a particular example of Korpokkur chosen as the representative emissary of them as a Heroic Spirit.

The Ainu believe that the korpokkur were the tiny people who lived in the Ainu's land before the Ainu themselves lived there. They were short of stature, agile, and skilled at fishing. They lived in pits with roofs made from Butterbur leaves. Long ago, the korpokkur were on good terms with the Ainu and would send them deer, fish, and other game and exchange goods with them. The little people hated to be seen, however, so they would stealthily make their deliveries under the cover of night.

One day, a young Ainu man decided he wanted to see a korpokkur for himself, so he waited in ambush by the window where their gifts were usually left. When a korpokkur came to place something there, the young man grabbed it by the hand and dragged it inside. It turned out to be a beautiful korpokkur woman (Caster), who was so enraged at the young man's rudeness that her people have not been seen since. Their pits, pottery, and implements, the Ainu believe, remain scattered about the landscape.

Personality

When initially summoned, Caster is a very standoffish type of person. She will refuse to interact with her Master (or anyone else, for that matter) more than she considers necessary, and will immediately spend most of her time in any nearby pocket of nature either working her craft or, if the option is available, fishing.

If a Master is polite enough, they will be able to gradually erode this wall of isolation and get to know Caster better, at which point they will find a very chill and level-headed person. Caster is someone who has a naturally relaxing aura around her, and she enjoys having meaningless small talk while crafting her tools or fishing.

However, if the Master insults her in any way, Caster's barrier will be immediately put up again and will have to be broken all over. Furthermore, if her feelings continue to be disregarded, she can even go as far as taking her own life to forcefully end the contract. Finally, if a Master truly managed to gain her trust, Caster will share her secret wish with them: a desire for her people and humanity to once again work hand in hand.

Fate / White Memoria

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Korpokkur: So this is the inspiration for Legend Of Zelda's Koroks, huh? Overall I'd say a pretty good sheet. You've definitely gotten better at fleshing out personality and NPs. Skills mainly revolve around their role as a nature-spirit but Underground Travel helps set her apart a bit. I would say I'm not sure if Item Construction deserves to be so high given your justification. It sounds like the goods she made were mainly mundane stuff like hunting and fishing tools. I'd give her a B or even C rank with a + modifier for crafting large numbers of items (as she must've had a lot to trade). Mind, A+ is beyond Medea who can create an elixir of limited immortality.

Blog Entries

Class: Archer
    True Name: Wang Zhenyi
    Place of Origin: China (18th Century)

Parameters:

STR: C

Height: 167cm
    Weight: 130lbs
    Dislikes: Feudal constructs
    Talent: Astronomy, mathematics, medicine
    Natural Enemy: Yangdi, Zhengde, Wei, Zhou of Shang
    Traits: Female, Humanoid, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: Bow and Arrows
    Catalyst: one of her poems

Class Skills:

Independent Action B: She was an extremely independent person willing to break free of the social norms chaining her down. As such, she gains a relatively high rank.

Magic Resistance D: A low rank, though higher than fitting for her age due to her (low level of) magical experience.

Personal Skills:

Expert in Many Specializations B: She was trained to a fairly high level, in numerous things, all of which manifest as skills at ranks D or C: Riding, Marksmanship, Martial Arts, Medicinal Practices, Pythagorean Magecraft, and Geographical Studies.

A Poem In Eight Lines C: One of Archer's more famous poems, her Poem in Eight Lines, which bemoans the wealth divide between the rich and the poor, through a short poem depicting the contrast between wealthy people with entirely too much grain and those who don't have enough to eat. In the form of a skill, she can tip her arrows with "famine", siphoning mana out of the target. However, due to her personal beliefs she will not use this on those that are weak or already have low mana.

The Musts of Calculation B: Archer's skill at teaching numerous pupils, as well as the numerous things she did to help teach others mathematics, including write the book, The Musts of Calculation, as an adaptation of Principles of Calculation, but simplified for more people to understand. The capacity for Archer to teach her allies the skills she contains within Expert of Many Specializations, as well as any other skill she can learn at the level. However, it can only be taught at rank E or D.

Noble Phantasm(s):

The Explanation of a Solar Eclipse
    Light Fades, No Longer Shines

Range: 30 meters

The manifestation of Archer's explanations of solar and lunar eclipses, and more specifically the experiment where she used a lamp, a mirror, and a table to show the positions of the moon, the sun, and the earth at the time of a solar eclipse. In the form of a Noble Phantasm, this manifests in the bow and arrow she carries. When the True Name is called, her next shot "reflects the surrounding light" in order to invariably target the target with numerous beams of hardened light. It can instead "block it", sealing away senses such as hearing and sight in the target.

Lore: Wang Zhenyi (1768-1797) was a famous poet, mathematician, and astronomer from the Qing dynasty, defying the restrictive traditions of the time. She was most noted for her numerous poems, famously Poem In Eight Lines, alongside her descriptions of equinoxes, solar eclipses, and lunar eclipses.

Personality: A fairly brusque and strict person. She has a deep hate for people who attempt to restrict her, and as such will usually not get along with most Ruler class servants. She loves meeting other scientists. She also loves meeting other women who excelled in their fields. Her wish for the Holy Grail is to have not died so soon.

Relationships:

Empress Lu: "You were... honestly, quite impressive, despite the viciousness you showed to your enemies. But... the human pig? Really?"

Zhou of Shang: "...Did Da Ji ever really exist and manipulate you? Or was it just the actions you wanted to do all along?"

Wu Yi: "Thank goodness. Someone who sees the flaws too. But your hatred of divinities is... certainly strange."

Zhengde: "I can't say you weren't trying, but..."

Yangdi: "How don't you see it?"

Barbara McClintock: "Oh! How wonderful to meet you! My, science has progressed since my death."

Fukuda Chiyo-Ni: "Mind if we swap some poems?"

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    Beaty Killer

Beauty must disappear in this world! I will cut all the beauties from ear to ear!

Class: Berserker
    True Name: Nikolai Radkevich
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Place of Origin: Russian empire
    Armament: knife

STRENGE — B
    ENDURANCE — C
    AGILITY — C
    MANA — C
    LUCK — C
    NP — C

Class skills:

Mad Enhancement B

The Class Skill that characterizes a Berserker, raising basic parameters and strengthens one's physical abilities in exchange of hindering mental capacities and/or in exchange for their sense of reason. Rank up for all parameters, but most of one's reason is robbed.

Berserker is obsessed with his hatred of beauty. Seeing something beautiful, he will be furious, trying to destroy the source of beauty.

Personal skills:

Spying C –

This Skill does not conceal one’s presence, but rather makes one's presence fail to register as hostile. This Skill causes others to misunderstand one's status, including mistaking one for a kind neighbor, a harmless pebble, or as the most beloved person.

Berserker is not a master of disguise, but he can still pretend to be a normal working-class person. However, his bloodthirsty nature can nullify all disguises.

I have to be cunning...beauty takes the last of people's brains...I'll pretend to be enchanted to strike next

Sadistic constitution A

This Skill augments one's aggression in battle.The longer its owner stays in battle, the more their abusive disposition will grow, causing them to lose their usual composure. The more Servant attacks, the stronger one becomes, but on the other hand, one's defensive abilities drop. Berserker committed murders with inhuman cruelty. He tried to stab in the face in order to disfigure the victim and is quite capable of tormenting an already lifeless corpse

Cut! Cut! Cut! Cut! CUT! CUT! CUT! CCCCCCCUUUUUUUTTTTTTT!!!

Ugly Eye A

Berserker's skill that makes him immune to charm and love. He cannot love beauty, neither in people nor in anything.

Death to beauties!

Noble Phantasm:

Смерть красавицам!
    Weapons of atrocity
    C

Berserker's knife, which he used to kill. This is a simple and rough knife, without any features, ugly and inelegant. A product of his meager imagination

The peculiarity of this knife is its ability to destroy the beautiful. This is not only increased damage to all beauties, this weapon has one very vile property.

If this knife touches any weapon, armor, mount or the like, then all these items will lose their beauty, along with their properties. Armor and swords will begin to rust, horses will become decrepit, turning into a nag, and their properties will become weaker, to the point that Berserker can completely block the opponent's NP. The main thing is that the Berserker sees at least a grain of beauty in the enemy Noble Phantasm

Description:

Dislikes: Beauties
    Natural enemy: Churilo Plenkovich

Berserker’s True name is Nikolai Radkevich, serial killer from the Russian Empire, Russian Jack the Ripper. Like Jack, Radkevich killed prostitutes, and in a very cruel and even brutal way.

He is a completely insane type with a craving for murder. During this process, Radkevich catches a strong emotional arousal, which is why he loses his last brakes. He is capable of trickery, but they are not particularly difficult.

Master should be careful with the Berserker. At the sight of something beautiful, Radkevich will go into a rage, it will not be easy to calm him down. He may well attack his master if he sees beauty in him or her.
    Last edited by Shezum3; June 8th, 2023 at 05:00 AM.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Berserker

If one is born male, at least once in his lifetime, he’ll dream of becoming the strongest man alive. The path we walk is not like climbing a mountain, but rather a bottomless ocean. It is crushing, endless and all consuming…just when you think you’ve reached it, you find someone to prove you wrong.

True Name: John “Jack” Broughton
    Epithet: “The Champion of England
    Region: England (18th Century)
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Dislikes: Foul Play, Riots
    Talents: Rowing, Teaching
    Natural Enemy: Jack Slack

Parameters
    STR: (B) END: (B) AGI: (B) MGI: (E) LCK: (C) NP: (~)

Character

If not having talent is your excuse, then there would be no point in ever taking the first step. Listen, maybe not everyone who worked hard was rewarded - But! Everyone who did make it worked hard, that’s for damn sure!

Berserker takes the form of John “Jack” Broughton, the “Father of Modern Boxing” who set down the first code of rules for the sport and went undefeated for 24 years before foul play from his final opponent led to his retirement.

Just once glance at the tower of muscle that is Jack will explain why he was chosen as the model for the Statue of Hercules. He cuts an imposing figure with his giant silhouette and his fierce looks will strike terror into the heart of any weak willed man. Yet despite that, Jack is a relatively laid-back and carefree man who believes in true professionalism and keeps any aggression solely in the ring. In general Jack tries to be polite and cordial to others so long as they show him the same respect but he does have a mild asocial streak that causes him to wander off and/or avoid unnecessary conversing. Instead Jack can often be found diligently training in his spare time, with any other activities relegated to a structured schedule that has to bend around his daily workout. Deep in Jack’s heart is the belief that happiness is tied to the pursuit of power. Even beyond literal strength, whether it be the sciences or arts, by continuing to climb towards the top and seeing how far you’ve come, humans will find satisfaction in their lives. This causes Jack to view those who mire themselves in mediocrity or worse don’t even try for fear of failing as scum who are wasting the life that God gave them.

In a Holy Grail War, Jack dogmatically persists with his code of honour and treats Servant battles as if they were matches in the boxing ring. This makes him an incredibly bad matchup against Archer and Assassin type Servants who might try to use that against him. He’s not so fanatical about it to insist anyone else do the same though, it’s just his personal creed. His lack of ranged options and no immunity to magecraft means that he is at a big disadvantage against the more varied types of opponents he might face in the War and it will be wise for his Master to try and steer him towards the likes of Saber and Lancer. While no saint, Jack does look down with contempt upon anyone who would drag innocent civilians into the Grail War and though he might complain, he’ll still likelier than not intervene and try to help them. When it comes to his Master, Jack isn’t terribly bothered by what they do so long as they don’t slow him down or try to force him to do things he doesn’t want to. He isn’t here to make friends, but if they show promise as an interesting person then he might take an interest and help nurture their potential.

His Wish upon the Holy Grail? Prior to being summoned, it was to change the outcome of his tragic final match. Yet after getting a taste of how powerful the heroes of the past are, he would like nothing more than to travel to the next stage where they might gather to do battle again.

Skills

Class Skills

Mad Enhancement - (D)
    The Class Skill that characterizes a Berserker, raising basic parameters and strengthening one's physical abilities in exchange for hindering mental capacities and/or in exchange for their sense of reason. In some cases, it also affects and/or seals away some techniques, Personal Skills and Noble Phantasms. Due to Jack never having gone insane during his lifetime, his Rank in this Skill is low and as a result he mostly retains his mental faculties, although maintaining complex thoughts over long periods of time is difficult. However, Jack did get his start in combat by getting into enraged disputes with his fellow watermen. Thus as a Servant, a Luck Check is performed whenever damage is received with failure resulting in him going wild and this Skill gains a Rank-Up by two, turning him into more of a feral beast in battle.

Personal Skills

Demonic Coach - (B)
    The status of one who spent much of their life teaching and whose brutal training regime turned out several champions. By the end of his career, Jack opened a school in Haymarket dedicated to teaching what he had learned to the next generation. Over the course of four decades Jack put every student through the wringer to train their bodies and minds. Now as a Servant, through careful observation and examination, Jack is able to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of a person as well as extrapolate their potential for the future. The obvious usage of this talent would be to advise his Master on their chances of survival and how to increase them using his knowledge of combat. It can also be used to a limited extent if Jack is allied to another Servant, he can direct them on how best their teamwork might be conducted.

My Body as a Shield - (C)
    A rare talent denoting the nature of one who fights not for themselves, but for the sake of others which gives them a boost under the right circumstances. During later stages of his career, Jack offered his fighting abilities as a service to the public and was hired to be a Yeoman of the Guard, the oldest British military corps and was effectively George II’s personal bodyguard and ended up accompanying him to Hanover in 1743 when the King took command of the army at the Battle of Dettingen during the War of the Austrian Succession. Now when protecting another person in combat, Jack’s determination to safeguard his charge causes him to gain a Plus Modifier to his physical Parameters throughout the battle, especially if he has to take any hits that he could have otherwise dodged but would have hit his Master.

Rousing Brave - (C)
    The unwavering courage of one who didn’t know the meaning of giving up and became an example of gallantry to others. During his final bout with the butcher known as Slack, Jack didn’t expect the man’s personal vendetta to intrude into the fight and so he ended up suffering an illegal punch right at the beginning which obscured his vision. Nevertheless Jack continued on fighting for a while until he had to be forcefully retired due to having gone completely blind. Even now when fighting, Jack can moderately block out both Sensory and Mental Interference from Magecraft or otherwise. In addition, there is a random chance that throughout the battle, Jack’s fighting instincts will override his normal cognition in order to guide him through the best course of action, allowing him to potentially dodge attacks he wasn’t consciously aware of or strike in a critical spot for extra damage. Not coincidentally, the higher the Rank of Jack’s Mad Enhancement, the higher this Skill has of triggering.

Noble Phantasm

Why are you giving up now!? Defeat is only a state of mind, the moment you back down is when you've already lost. Until I understand what true strength is, I’ll keep getting back up - every time!!!

Gymnasiad
    Δόξα των ηττημένων

[Type - Anti Unit (Self)], [Noble Phantasm Rank - N/A], [Maximum Range - 0], [Maximum Number of Targets - Self]

Throughout the 18th Century, Jack was viewed by the public as a celebrity and a modern day Greek Champion and appeared in both art and literature. So much so that he was the model for Rysbrack’s Statue of Hercules and had faux-Epic Poetry written about his matches. For Jack who does not possess a true Noble Phantasm, his status in the public consciousness as someone who broke through human limitations and entered the realm of heroes has manifested as a pseudo-Noble Phantasm.

Thus once Jack has gotten a taste of how strong the real heroes of antiquity are, so long as he survives his first encounter, he will become dedicated to obtaining that same level of strength for himself. Starting a training arc, Jack shadow boxes with a mental visualisation of the opponent who defeated him. As his Master watches on, they will be impressed with the intensity of which Jack fights with an imaginary opponent…only for them to rub their eyes as they could have sworn they saw a pair of fists fly at Jack’s face for a second. As people look on they will see it is no mirage, the magical energy mixed with fighting spirit swirling around Jack is overlaying the mental visual of his opponent and turning it into the ghostly aura of the real Heracles who spars with the young boxer in the most fierce training session he’s ever experienced. As Heracles’ fists simulate the strength and speed of the attacks Jack had suffered in his previous fight, it allows him the chance to surpass his prior limits and grow even stronger - at the cost of each of Heracles’ phantom fists causing real damage to appear on Jack’s body.

Such a training regiment is naturally a double edged sword as Jack won’t back down from fighting his idol and so if the power gap is too great for Jack to close before he takes too much damage, he will be killed by his own Noble Phantasm. Even putting aside the fact that Jack needs to lose yet survive an encounter with another Servant for the Noble Phantasm to activate, the ghostly aura of Heracles will only be as strong as what Jack experienced so if his opponent wasn’t fighting at full strength or he encounters someone even stronger first then it will have all been for naught. Nevertheless, if Jack does get his fated rematch, then the sudden and unexpected increase in his abilities may well be a trump card to cause a turnabout and clutch victory.

Lore
    Originally the son of a farmer from Gloucestershire, John Broughton spent his youth as an apprentice waterman on the Thames, transporting people and goods across the capital’s waterways. He got his first taste of combat when he got into a dispute with a fellow colleague that turned physical, with the thrill of winning that fight caused him to seek out prizefights advertised in the London newspapers.

After a decade of being undefeated, “Jack” as he came to be known, opened his own amphitheatre that hosted boxing matches as well as other duels involving weapons and even animal blood sports. Being in control of matches, Jack formulated rules for boxing matches to make them more structured and engaging for audiences which later became the standard. Eventually Jack would even open his own school in Haymarket to teach young men boxing whilst wearing mufflers to protect themselves from injuries - which would go on to inspire the iconic boxing gloves.

Eventually after almost a quarter century of being undefeated, Jack engaged with his final opponent - a Norfolk butcher by the name of Slack. Jack didn’t expect the man’s personal vendetta to intrude into the fight and so he ended up suffering an illegal punch right at the beginning which obscured his vision. Nevertheless Jack continued on fighting for a while until he had to be forcefully retired due to having gone completely blind. With his career over, Jack closed the amphitheatre shortly after and ran an antique business instead, though he still continued to teach people boxing well into his eighties when he eventually passed away and was interred at Westminster Abbey with the epitaph "Champion of England" carved on his headstone.

Relationships
    Achilles - “The Hero of the Iliad huh? You’re the other person I always get compared to, yet you’re a lot scrawnier than I would’ve imagined.”

Beowulf - “Well aren’t you a rough ‘n tumble fellow. I think we’ll get along just fine.”

Chiron - “I’ve heard that Pankration is basically ancient MMA. I wanna see how my modern boxing fares against it.”

Heracles - “Ha! I’ve always dreamed of fighting the real deal, now that you’re finally here, let’s hope you don’t disappoint!”

Li Shuwen - “A martial art that kills in one touch? Not to be rude, but I think that Qi of yours will just bounce off my muscles.”

Siddhartha Gautama - “Forget all that nonsense about Enlightenment, let’s see if your Kalaripayattu is really worth a damn.”

Creator's Notes
    Given the sheer number of Chinese Martial Artists both in and out of canon, I felt like squaring it up by giving some limelight to Western combat. As a result, Jack is basically Li Shuwen in Beowulf’s body. Just a bit of cheeky fun, don’t take the sheet too seriously to be honest.

I was originally going to go with a generic Herk as a ghostly Stand aura that helps Jack in battle but figured that was both cliche and not fitting for a person so recent with zero magecraft. Then I remembered that scene from “Baki” where the protagonist is training for his fight with Ali Jr and shadow boxes with a lawyer friendly version of Mike Tyson, only to go at it so hard that the people watching start to share in the delusion that ol’ Iron Mike really is there sparring with Baki.

The Faceclaim unsurprisingly is Hanma Jack from the Baki franchise.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

please talk to me about your OCs Saron's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

"Ruler, summoned at your request. May we protect the innocent and end the day back in our beds, warm and safe."

Class: Ruler

True Name: Saint Benedict; Anti-Demon Saint

Strength: D
    Endurance: D
    Agility: C
    Mana: B
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: A

Traits: Male, Shirouface, Pseudo-Servant
    Skills

Class Skills
    God’s Resolution
    : The right to use Command Spells against Servants. Each Ruler is normally granted two Command Spells for each Servant that participates in the Holy Grail War. Two Command Spells can be used for each Servant participating in the Holy Grail War. Cannot re-purpose the Command Spells of others

True Name Discernment: A
    Upon encountering a Servant. status information such as one's identity, Skills and Parameters will automatically be revealed to Ruler. In regards to Servants with concealment abilities, a Luck Check is required to bypass those abilities.

Magic Resistance: EX
    A skill that grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Due to their unwavering piety, the Ruler Saints boast great Magic Resistance. Instead of negating magecraft, it simply diverts the magic elsewhere, making them impossible to hit even by magecraft from the Age of Gods. Magic attacks that cover a wide area can still hit them, however, and sacraments from the Church negates the resistance all together.

Personal Skills
    Rule of Saint Benedict: EX
    The manifestation of the book of precepts that Ruler wrote in his lifetime dictating on how to both run a monastery and be faithful to God, this skill acts Divinity, Protection of the Faith, and Miracle all at B rank. Ruler, by his writings, directly influenced the entirety of Western Monasticism for centuries to come and was reported to have activated multiple miracles in his lifetime.

Exorcism Techniques: A
    The techniques and knowledge to exorcize Demons and other unnatural entities from the world, this skill also applies innate understanding on how to best defeat unnatural beings in combat. While Ruler himself was not an exorcist, his order of priests would later use his name and iconography as part of potent anti-Demon techniques, granting him this skill in a similar fashion as Innocent Monster. This skill also encompasses the knowledge of the various techniques used by the Burial Agency to enhance the attacks made with Black Keys, such as the Iron Plate Effect, Cremation Rite, Excarnation Rite, and more, however this facet of the skill is likely originating from his host's capabilities rather than Rulers.

Projection Magecraft (Church Tools): C (A)
    A form of magecraft that reproduces tools for a few minutes by means of the user’s imagination being projected on reality through Magical Energy. Inherited from the body Ruler inhabits, Ruler can project various objects, but the rank rises dramatically when he projects the Church’s Sacraments and other tools, namely his preferred weapon of Black Keys.

Noble Phantasm
    White Key of Kotomine
    To Purge Evil

Anti-Unit
    A
    Range: 50
    Max Targets: 1

A modified application of Ruler’s order of monks later mastery of Exorcism, while also using his body's inherent abilities, this technique has been elevated to a Noble Phantasm. Ruler can only use this against an opponent who meets at least one of these qualifiers:

• The opponent is not a natural living being of the World, such as a Servant or Demon.
    • The opponent has the Evil alignment
    • The opponent has an Attribute other than Man.

If at least one of these qualifications is met, Ruler can designate that entity as the target of a volley of attacks from the White Key, a unique variant of the conceptual church weapon that was crafted after years of devotion and practice, projected dozens of times over with his inhabited body. This weapon is thrown with a certain technique that greatly enhances its speed and power, enough that it can be considered an A+ rank attack against defenses, but the cost to project a singular White Key can very drastically place strain on Ruler’s body and Mana reserves.

Vade Retro Satanat
    Anti-Demon Aura

Anti-Unit (Self)
    C

A constantly active Noble Phantasm, Ruler's association and name being invoked to fight demons has resulted in his very presence being repulsive and a conceptual attack to the unholy.

Any entity that Ruler has deemed "evil" or "wrong", being opponents he believes are evil or any type of Demon, will find their mana reserves and defenses being gradually and continuously worn down by his presence alone.

This is typically his main and only Noble Phantasm, but his contract with the priest weakened it .

Lore
    Ruler is Benedict of Nursia or as he is better known, Saint Benedict. A priest who rose to prominence in the early 6th century and was canonized as Saint 600 years later. Born the son of a Roman nobleman alongside his twin sister Scholastica, Ruler was clearly a wise man even in his youth. When he went to Rome to study, he was dissatisfied with the hustle of the city, and at around 20 he left the city, eventually becoming a hermit thanks to the advice of another hermit of the era known as Romanus of Subiaco and lived in a cave above a lake. While there, he earned great respect from the locals and wrote the Rule of Saint Benedict.

After three years of solitude with occasional visits to Romanus, eventually earning the respect of the locals enough that after the death of a local abbot, instead of promoting within the people requested Ruler to take lead which he accepted, even though he knew this wouldn’t go well with the monks already there. After evading multiple poisoning attempts from the monks and a local priest, and an attempt to tempt his followers with prostitutes, Ruler left the region and founded well over a dozen abbeys.

He died of a fever in 547, but his legacy survived in the monastic order that took his name. Over the centuries and the gradual split between the mainline church and the hidden half, members of his order researched deeply into exorcism and he became its patron saint. His name has been invoked in prayers to cure the possessed for over a millenia. This posthumous association has made Ruler a natural “Demon Killer” as a Servant.

Ruler inhabited his current body from a now lost timeline where a priest who went by the name “Kotomine” offered his body to allow Saint Benedict to be properly summoned to try and save that timeline, which ultimately failed. His personality has been partially affected, but he still retains most of his original personality of a gentle and kind saint who cares deeply for the people of the world.

Personality
    An intelligent, thoughtful, and above all gentle man, Ruler is of such a belief that to state he wouldn't hurt a fly implies the potential for him to imagine hurting one. He is constantly thinking of new ways to serve God, to protect the innocent, and redeem the guilty. A saint who was shown the love of God to such an extent he desires to show that same compassion to the world.

Of course this image of a pure and gentle Saint is marred by his newly acquired lethality and destructive potential. Ruler has an inherent knowledge of how to banish and destroy evil, including Vampires, Demons, Oni, and anything else that falls under that wide umbrella, along with a gnawing compulsion in the back of his mind to hunt continuously and never relent in his hunt for anything "Evil."

He personally theorizes this comes from his host's tremendous desire and willpower to fight these beings, as if his soul was hollowed out and filled with nothing but the desire to fight the unnatural. Ruler finds this fact a bit sad, as he believes that every person should find something to make them happy and not be just devoted mindlessly to a single goal.

If given the opportunity to use a Holy Grail, he would use it so that his host body could fully live and not have to act like a machine against the foes of God.

Relationships:

Any Saints:
    "Good day my brother/sister. I hope your day is well and your heart is true."

Grigori Rasputin:
    "You disgust me to the root of my soul, but all I can do is pray you find salvation."

Mephistopheles:
    "I am thankful the shears wielding clown finds my presence unbearable, it's a mutual feeling."

EMIYA (Archer):
    "You seem rather distracted by my presence, is there anything I can aid you with? 'Stay far away'? I apologize if I hurt your feelings, I'll respect your wishes."

Creator Notes
    If you can't think of a new skill, just mash together some canon ones. As
    God
    Nasu
    intended.
    My thirst for Antonio grows by the second.

Man...

I Make Servants, Some Of Which Are Tragedies

Blog Entries

Class: Assassin
    True Name: Osan Gitsune
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Place of Origin: Japanese Folklore
    Stars: 2/5

Parameters:

STR: D
    AGI: B

Weight: 160lbs
    Dislikes: People who stop her from tricking them, overly kind people
    Talent: Shapeshifting and tricks
    Natural Enemy: Zhou of Shang
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Kitsune, Female, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: A kusarigama
    Catalyst: The banner of any daimyo, with a lion painted on it

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment D+: Assassin's focus was not disguising her presence, but in shapeshifting into someone else, and as such this skill is relatively weak, although her illusion art talent still supplements it.

Personal Skills:

Roar of the Lion-type Kitsune B: Assassin tended to pretend to be a ferocious lion, scaring and frightening the passersby who appeared there. Fitting this, whenever Assassin enters battle, usually through suprise, the aura of a lion appears around her. This aura is on fire, wraps around her kusarigama as well, and ranks down the enemy's Strength due to their terror.

Illusionary Arts B: Assassin's skill in illusionary arts, a natural skill for a kitsune. In her case, she created beautiful and complicated illusions to confuse and daze those around. Naturally, in skill form, she can utilize these illusionary arts. Her specialty with this is utlizing them to create a powerful charm spell.

Shapeshift C: Assassin was naturally capable of shapeshifting into numerous things, as such this skill allows her to shapeshift into many different types of things. However, she cannot shift into Phantasmal Beasts or other Servants, and if she tries to shift into an entity she has to have seen them. In addition, she cannot grow smaller than her hand.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Daimyo Goretsu
    You Thought I Was The Procession?

Range: 1 meter

A noble phantasm that can only be invoked when Assassin has learned a goal or wish of any of her enemies, by her own choice to make it more fun. The manifestation of the incident where Assassin, instead of transforming into a daimyo's procession, summoned a procession which immediately executed the man who asked her to become it or he'd kill her. If she learns any goal or wish of her enemies that has a physical form, she can manifest something appearing to be it. However, it will lose any properties that are above C rank and only one can be out at a time. Its true use is as a weapon: whenever someone Assassin views as an enemy gets near it, it will attack ferociously, even if it appears to be an inanimate object. For example, a falsely made Holy Grail might absorb the target's mana or release mana missiles. Assassin favors utilizing this as a trap for enemy Masters while hiding in the background to finish the job.

Lore: Osan Gitsune was a famous folkloric kitsune spirit and one of the Inaba 5 Kitsune. She had a great fondness for charm spells and utilized them on any men that she came upon and found attractive. She tended to set her tail on fire, pretend to be a lion, and terrorised the townsfolk. A merchant caught her and threatened to burn her alive unless she transformed into a daimyo's procession. However, the clever Osan Gitsune instead summoned a daimyo's procession. The merchant approached the procession to praise the kitsune's transformation skill, but shocked at the impudence, the daimyo had the merchant executed.

Personality: A cheery and energetic person prone to whims. She loves manipulating others, though she isn't capable of doing it well with words and as such she primarily just uses her shapeshifting and charms/illusions to aid her. She tends to live in the moment a lot, and doesn't really understand people's dreams well. As such, she will usually, if hearing one, punish it with her Noble Phantasm to "attempt to break humanity of their dreaming". Her wish for the holy grail is just to remanifest.

Relationships:

Tamano no Mae: "Too serious. Come on, relax."

Tamano Cat: "Did someone steal my copyright?"

Koyanskaya: "...Just chill. Your goal is to get thse fantastical creatures, right? Well, here! Daimyo Goretsu."

Zhou of Shang: "Da Ji? No, I am not her. She took way too much time doing things."