Page 370 of 620 FirstFirst ... 270320360365368369370371372375380420470 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,400 of 12385

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    What a nice servant, Kamera though the NP made chuckle a bit. I imagine she just does that chorus when she uses it also I wonder how she would react to Solomon or Goetia even and vice versa

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That is an interesting one, kamera
    So in your interpretation she was a temporary Pseudo Servant in life and left her with a skill that makes her more suitable to be one as a Servant? Her connection to the root also seems pretty weird
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    uhh, no? why would being spooked by the holy ghost makes you a pseudo servant lol

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Class: Rider
    True Name: Zheng He
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Origins: Ming China

Parameters:
    Strength: C
    Agility: B
    Endurance: C
    Mana: A
    NP: A

Summoning Line: Class Rider, Zheng He. I bestow upon you the treasure that I been collecting for years. Impressed. These are not a but a few that I have receive in my journeys. Not only gold or silver but many other valuable things.

Class Skills:
    Riding (EX Rank): Zheng He can ride many different Phantasmal Beast and Mounts form the collection that he has on his NP. But he can’t really ride anything else just the stuff from his NP and ships.

Magic Resistance (B Rank): Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by greater magecraft and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected.

Personal Skills:
    Voyager of the Storm (A+ Rank): There many stories on the vastness of the treasures fleet scholars such as Ibn Battuta and Marco Polo have recorded that his fleet number about 300 ships along with 30,000 troops under him.

Tributes for the Ming (A Rank): Type of Golden Rule where the riches came from direct exchange form others. Meaning that rider can easily swap items or even NP so long that they have a physical manifestation. This came from his mission as a sort of goodwill ambassador to the Ming where he exchanges many different goods with other nations as part of their tributaries to the Ming.

Temples of Treasury (B+ Rank): Zheng He create many marvelous mosques in many places that he has visited. There also many temples that were dedicated towards him in South East Asia. This manifested as a unique type of territory creation where he creates these workshops that absorbs nearby mana. It acts more like a storage facility rather than an actual magical workshop. Where he can store many of his vast treasures that he has acquired.

Noble Phantasms:
    The Phantasmal Fleet of Treasures, Bǎo Chuán.
    Type: Anti-Fleet.
    Chant: Feat your eyes my fleet, these grand treasures of my Voyages. Marvel that them I shall unleash them upon you.
    This NP Summons the Great Treasure Fleet within them there are various weapons, troops and a menagerie of fantastical beast that he can command at will. The fleet gleaming in golden light like the rising sun as it sails peek on to the coast. There is a distinct of sound birds singing beautifully as the fleet approaches shore washing away with the great tide. One of the greatest treasures that he has it’s a qilin that he reportedly captured in Africa. He can launch these weapons form his ship or go for an amphibious assault with his troops and beast.

Mics Line:
    Likes: That is easy my many treasures that I hold in my fleet. I also take a liking to many different types of animals. I like to keep them as pets.

Dislike: Pirates, they cause me a lot of pain seriously like do they have anything else better to do than just robbing people.

Holy Grail: This would certainly add grandeur into my already marvelous collection.

Event: A festival you say, I then will lend you some of my treasure to help with the preparation. This is small portion of my generosity.

Bond Lines:
    Bond Line 1: Master, what are doing here anyway. Don’t mess around with my stuff.

Bond Line 2: Yo, Master. Have you seen Malindi anywhere? I swear I left him in my room. (Crash!!) Oh, look there he is, thank you for your help master.

Bond Line 3: Master, O Master where are you like. I can’t find you bloody anywhere, like what where you doing in my room again. (Smash, Crash, Clattered). Oh, there you are, what are you trying to do with that broom and garbage can.

Bond Line 4: Uhm, Uhm. Oh, you asking what are these, Master. These just souvenirs that acquired myself in our journeys. So, the memory of them is crave into me when I return back to the throne.

Bond Line 5: You know master, I been on many Journeys but this one is the Grand of them all. Seeing all of these new places with my own eyes is some of the most thrilling things I ever done and I can’t wait to see where this journey will take us next.

Relationship:
    Bartholomew Roberts and Blackbeard: Honestly, you pirates are all the same. You just steal needlessly and all of you at least have one sort of weird fetish. Come on honestly.

Captain Drake: It’s fancy to met a fame explorer here I respect you a bit though what I don’t respect is piracy. Seriously, why have you chosen that avenue to lived out your life. At least you don’t have a weird fetish

Qin Shi Huang: Ah isn’t it the fame emperor of the Qin. One look of you and what you did back in the day and in the Lostbelt makes me grateful that I am from a different dynasty then you.

Wu Zetian: Uhm, who is this lost child. Empress Wu Zetian, really now. Now that I think about it makes sense. Since what kind of ruler that would hire many tortures other than a bratty child.

Al Jazari and Salter (Maid): Oh, no I would let you mess up with my room. Get away from it. It’s my stuff so don’t mess with it.

Gilgamesh (Archer): Ugh, You pompous king. Seriously, just because you’re the so called first doesn’t give you the right that others that hold many wealth’s fakers. I didn’t know about you before coming into throne. To be treated as some mere copycat the nerve of you

Saad Ibn Abi Waqas: Greeting my great ancestor, it nice to meet the one that spreads the faith into my lands. I bequeath you with these gifts to honor you.

Creator's Notes:
    Okay, this was a fun sheet to make. Also Malandi is the name I decide to give his qilin of your wondering also that Line with Saad happens because some Chinese Muslim in the western area claim to be descendance of him and he is the one that first spread Islam there. So, what do you guys think of this sheet is there anything that I needed to change.
    Last edited by Ismail2002; January 23rd, 2022 at 10:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    i though this will be your first non-muslim servant, turns out i was wrong lmao
    pretty interesting, but i think it's about time you put more effort in describing the NPs

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I guess they have been quite short any tips so I don't seem repetitive in the wording

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar
    "Faith is what keeps one going in trying time, even when all appears lost. The moment you lose faith in what you believe in, you have already lost."

True Name: Baligant
    Class: Saber
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Source: Song of Roland
    Region: Egypt

Parameters:
    Strength: A
    Endurance: A
    Agility: B
    Mana: C
    Luck: A-

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance B-
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Typically, Saber, who was said to be an equal peer to a fantastical existence known as the king of the Franks, boasts an above average Resistance to spells and the like however, in the situation where Renouncement of Faith fails, it is lowered temporarily.

Riding B
    A Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding. Most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill, even vehicles that did not exist in the time period one was alive in, for they are no exception. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills:

Renouncement of Faith B
    The denouncement of one's convictions whether it be in a supreme being, an ideal, or yourself. In life, the meeting of the two armies occured not for just an expansion of territory but of faith as well. A double-edged skill where successfully tearing down one's faith will lower all parameters except Mana and Luck by one. However, in the case, where the attacker is rebuffed, then they themselves will feel the effects of the skill. Can be rebuffed by skill such as Protection of the Faith or Zealotry at A rank or higher.

Warrior of Ancient Times A
    An anecdote that describes Saber's very existence. A long lived warrior who has fought in the domain of sand since during the age where gods roamed the land. Combines the effects of Eye of the Mind (True), Military Tactics, and Robust Health at varying ranks.

Hero's Mirror A
    An observation of the underlying theme of one's existence being a counterpart to another. Said equal in all aspects to the leader of the Paladins, Charlemagne, yet nonetheless inferior at the end of it. When encountering others that bear similarities to that of Charlemagne, the more Saber would understand, and therefore be able to counter, them, predicting their tricks, methods of attack, and motivation with increasing accuracy.

Noble Phantasm

"Cry in faith for my victory! Précieuse!"

Précieuse: Those Who Stand Behind, Believe In Me
    Type: Anti-Unit (Self)

The noble phantasm of Saber. A name given to his sword in response to hearing of the sword Joyeuse, as Charlemagne named it. A name uttered as a war cry in hope of rousing the morale of an ailing army, in hope of securing a decisive victory, in hope of defeating Charlemagne.

A noble phantasm that works long as one keeps hold in their faith of the strength of Saber. When the name is uttered, an accumulation of Faith (Magical Energy) occurs, heightening the existence of Saber more and more. His parameters become enhanced, his sword sharper, his mana output oppressive. He will forever become stronger as long as he has the people's faith. Yes, as long as he has faith, he will be able to defeat the King of the Franks he lost to so long ago.

Personality

A gruff persona. He speaks little, and when he does, it is commonly in short and concise sentences. Occasionally, he does go on rants that one would liken to that of a complaining grandpa. An honorable individual and graceful loser, despite his lost the Charlemagne, he bears little ill will towards him except in one indirect manner concerning a "complete asspull of an intervention from a mouthy angel."

His relationship with master is simple. He will serve them loyally as long as they have faith in his success.

Creator's Note: Damn, its been a while since I posted or people are just getting their creativity engines flared. Oh, as a response to some back posts, my speciality is reaction/response sheet i.e things like the Brazilian servants for Wyvern's Lostbelt or Claudes des Armoises for the Jeanne face craze.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismail2002 View Post
    Yeah, I guess they have been quite short any tips so I don't seem repetitive in the wording
    doesn't need to be mechanical descriptions, just add some flowery words to add flavor and reinforce the np's basic concept

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, possibly their limitations, tactical uses of the NP, and some examples, if necessary? Some more descriptive visuals of the NP might also help. You gotta strike a balance though, between being descriptive and not writing massive walls of text that doesn't contribute much to the overall sheet. I reckon that would take several trials and errors. Other than that, this is another fine sheet.

Edit:
    Baligant: Another fine sheet for a relatively minor figure (I didn't find much on him besides being a rival to Charlie and having a named sword). It's a straightforward concept (hero who fights with the power of faith and friendship), but you pulled it off well.
    Last edited by BnEl15; January 14th, 2022 at 12:28 PM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the tip Kamera

Baligant: It's a nice sheet though I feel it is quite short. I think you add more to his personality with some dialogue or something to flesh it out a bit

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoktaiMoon View Post
    Thanks man

Fucking wikipedia guy is only in Arthurian Character and Welsh Mythology categories
    I mean, those are the places he belongs since he isn't a real person so they can't put him into the Pict section.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

How does one hide the faceclaim behind the class card again? I can't seem to find where it was talked about last, sorry

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    How does one hide the faceclaim behind the class card again? I can't seem to find where it was talked about last, sorry
    This is how I've always done it.

[COLLAPSE="Class Card Goes here"] Servant Faceclaim goes here[///COLLAPSE]

Remove the extra forward slashes of course.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    extra tip putting your code between (noparse]...[/noparse] and it shows as regular text

[COLLAPSE="Class Card Goes here"]Servant Faceclaim goes here[/COLLAPSE]

there is a formatting guide explaining all the buttons on the top of the Fanfic General Discussion in green text, very helpful

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servant Rider:

Appearance:

Source

True Name: Guthrum

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Alternate Classes: Lancer, Berserker, Caster, Avenger, Ruler

Strength- C
    Agility- B
    Endurance- B
    Mana- C
    Luck- D
    NP- A

Personality
    Jovial and boisterous, Rider's outward demeanor resembles that of a certain Macedonian King of Conquerors. However this is merely a facade as in truth Rider is a fundamentally hollow person who feels little genuine emotion or desire. Acts of conquest and plunder that once brought joy to his heart are now menial tasks no different than breathing to him.

The only time Rider shows true emotion is when destroying and laying waste on the battlefield. Paradoxically Rider feels most alive when surrounded by death, as the exhilaration of narrowly cheating demise staves off the awareness of his own inevitable mortality for another day. Thus Rider goes out of his way to seek out opponents who can offer him a genuine challenge, grinning and commending them for giving some life to his weary body.

Rider bears a strong rivalry against Alfred the Great for being the only man who ever defeated him in life, and will display eagerness mingled with intense murderous intent at the chance to reunite with him. Rider's professed wish on the Holy Grail is to expel Christianity's influence on the Scandinavian tribes and restore the old gods to prominence, yet in truth that is a mere disposable emotion he feels in his role as king. His true desire is simply to meet Alfred the Great once more and face him in battle with them both at their full power as Servants, a rematch with the only man whose strength and ironclad conviction left their mark on the broken-hearted king.

Dislikes: Christianity, his own frozen heart
    Talents: marauding, shrewd strategies
    Natural Enemy: Alfred the Great

Class Skills:

Riding- A+
    The ability to ride animals and handle vehicles. At this rank even Phantasmal and Demonic Beasts can be ridden at a high degree of skill, exempting only the Dragon-Kind. In life Guthrum was only a war-chief with experience riding horses, but never more fantastical mounts. This rank has been garnered to properly utilize his first Noble Phantasm.

Magic Resistance- B-
    Confers protection against magical effects. At this rank spells with a chant below three verses are cancelled. Even if targeted by the likes of High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals it is difficult for the Servant to be affected. Rider stood astride the twilight of the old gods in his homeland and bitterly resisted their domination by the followers of the cross. Being endowed with the lingering vestiges of a prior era Rider receives a strong resistance against mysteries that belies his youthful legend. However through the distortion of his Demon King Skill Rider suffers a weakness against Christian sacraments and holy magic that bypass his defenses.

Personal Skills:

Raven's Banner
    Hrafn Guðfani
    - B+
    The fearsome banner bearing the image of a black raven that Viking warriors would allegedly bear setting forth into battle. While actually not as universal amongst Viking tribes as popular folklore would suggest and it's unclear whether Rider himself would've ever marched under this banner, his association with it combined with his infamy as a Danish warrior-king is enough to manifest as a Personal Skill. A variant of Charisma, those blessed by the Raven that symbolizes Elder God Odin have their spirits emboldened in battle (obtaining + modifiers to every kind of check) while enemies are stricken with dread at the sight and receive demerits in their parameters.

However through Rider's distortion into a demonic enemy of Christendom the nature of the Banner has likewise corrupted into an icon of infernal power. A beacon of slaughter that draws the despair and death on both sides of the battlefield and greedily absorbs them into Rider's Saint Graph, strengthening himself in proportion to the magnitude of fallen. Rather than a glorious symbol of victory this is the aspect of the raven as a carrion-feeder who pecks the corpses of the slain.

The charismatic effect of this Skill mutates into a mental interference that compels allies to fight even as they're cut down in droves, reduced to a half-dead army that will continue to advance as even their bodies fall apart. Their victories go to Rider while their deaths become further sacrifices that empower the King of Warriors, either way he rejoices. The longer battle rages on the less Rider can be called a Servant but a personification of death itself that exists to scatter it wherever he goes.

"King Guthrum was a dread king,
    Like death out of the north;
    Shrines without name or number
    He rent and rolled as lumber,
    From Chester to the Humber
    He drove his foemen forth."

Demon King- B
    An ability "similar to but dissimilar to Innocent Monster" that affects those who were called a monster in life, later twisted to be different than they were in life. Rider was a Danish war-chief who opposed Alfred the Great in life, and ordinarily that would be all of his legend. Yet through the work of G.K Chesterton in his famous poem "The Balled of the White Horse" Rider's name was rendered synonymous with a fated nemesis of Christendom vanquished by its chosen champion in the form of Alfred the Great.

This distortion influences Rider's appearance upon summoning into a Demonic High King with runic sigils along his body and black antlers emerging from his forehead evoking the horned god of the woods Cernunnos that was believed to be an alter-ego of his own patron god Odin. A faint aura of sulphur perpetually surrounds him and Servants belonging to any of the three Monotheistic faiths will feel an instinctive unease around Rider's presence. Some of his Skills and Noble Phantasms are affected by this transformation and he gains resistance against demonic spells and curses alongside corresponding vulnerability towards holy Magecraft and sacraments.

Rider himself might resent that he was transformed like this, but overall that is drowned out by the sense of apathy permeating his existence. In any case he has no qualms wielding the benefits it garners him.

Emotional Freezing- B-
    An empty heart only filled by acts of destruction. Rider's frozen emotional state allows him to block out most mental interferences that would stir him to joy or sorrow. His heart only slightly warms on the battlefield, as immersed in the throes of blood and death he can temporarily forget the emptiness of his own existence. Were he to meet a worthy opponent who challenges his own views this Skill might be sealed as Rider shatters the coffin of ice around his heart, yet for one who embraced the role of a demon-king that may be only a vague dream.

"What have the strong gods given?
    Where have the glad gods led?
    When Guthrum sits on a hero's throne
    And asks if he is dead?"

Primordial Rune- N/A
    The possession of and knowledge about Runes that came from an older era. Those with possession and knowledge of Primordial Runes can also make use of the classic Rune Magic. Rider obtains this Skill as a last gasp of the Scandinavian Age of Gods against the encroaching Christendom of Alfred the Great. Thanks to his Demon King Skill he's become an embodiment of all practices of the old Nordic Pagans who also grants him knowledge over their runes.

Rider receives runes directly from the Norse god Odin whom he devoted himself to in life, far superior to the ones modern Magi use. He can evoke runes to summon swarms of crows that peck the opponent down to the bone, create a scrying eye to view remote battlefields or imbue into his weaponry for various effects. However Rider's own apathy dulls the potential of this Skill as he can't be bothered to study enough to explore their full power.

Noble Phantasms
    Dark Horse
    Begrime The Symbols Of Past, Demonic Steed

Type: Anti-Mystery/Anti-Army

The Uffington White Horse is a prehistoric hill figure in the shape of a horse. While a relic of England's Pagan past it became heavily associated with Alfred the Great in his status as champion of Christendom. Out of sheer vehemence and desire to surpass his rival Rider's own steed has been warped into a counterpart of the White Horse. A shadowy and demonic stallion, it exists as an antithesis to the White and everything it represents.

The Dark Horse is akin to a black hole that serves to empower itself by rapaciously consuming life and mystery. Mystic artifacts exposed to it are sapped of their luster as their power flows into the horse. This even applies to the surroundings, reducing the land beneath its hooves to a dismal wasteland by draining the natural Od. Absorbed mystery can be expelled in a darkened, polluted stream of energy akin to the breath of a dragon.

A peculiarly Anti-Mystery Noble Phantasm for who gained fame by defending the ancient ways. This Noble Phantasm represents Rider's ruthlessness in trampling over tradition and even the world itself to obtain victory. One appointed to guard the weaning Age of Gods who rejected his role to merely bring destruction indiscriminately.

"Ere the sad gods that made your gods
    Saw their sad sunrise pass,
    The White Horse of the White Horse Vale,
    That you have left to darken and fail,
    Was cut out of the grass.

Therefore your end is on you,
    Is on you and your kings,
    Not for a fire in Ely fen,
    Not that your gods are nine or ten,
    But because it is only Christian men
    Guard even heathen things."

Kongens Hænder
    Gather 'Round The Fire And Sing, Earls Of War

Type: Support

"With three great earls King Guthrum
    Went the rounds from fire to fire,
    With Harold, nephew of the King,
    And Ogier of the Stone and Sling,
    And Elf, whose gold lute had a string
    That sighed like all desire."

A Noble Phantasm representing Rider's three great earls who stood by his side in legend. While merely fictional existences created to exemplify the vices of Paganism thanks to their close connection to Rider's legend he can call upon them as a Servant. Rider can summon any of his three generals into the World maintaining them as sub-Servants. Each of them have their own personality, Skills and even Noble Phantasm. These are as follows:

This is fun! How long do you think you can entertain me for, little rabbit?

Source

Harald (Archer): Nephew of the king. A cheerful and bloodthirsty boy who treats battle like a game and greatly looks up to Rider himself, needily demanding his praise for exploits in war. When excited during a fight he tends to taunt his foes by referring to them as "rabbits". If genuinely injured he'll fly into a rage and furiously rant at his enemies for daring to hurt him, swearing vengeance from the king for such a transgression.

Strength- D
    Agility- C+
    Endurance- E
    Mana- E
    Luck- E
    NP- C

Class Skills:

Independent Action- D
    Can remain manifested for half a day in the absence of an active contract. Harald's immaturity and dependence on his king for guidance keeps him from attaining a higher rank in this Skill. Even so this makes him Rider's favorite to summon since he's easy to send out as a scout.

Magic Resistance- E
    Doesn't negate magic at all, merely reduces the damage a little.

Personal Skills:

Mental Pollution- C
    His childish innocence in war makes Harald hard to reason with, for he sees his enemies not as humans but merely amusing hares to hunt. His king is the only true human Harald recognizes yet his eagerness to please him only further corrupts the boy's fragile mind.

Hunting Tactics- B
    He fights like a hunter, tracking his foes relentlessly through the trees before firing the final arrow that claims their heart. By likening the battle to a hunt Harald gains a form of instinct that lets him predict the "rabbit's" next move, knowing exactly where to loose his arrow to drive them into a corner.

Noble Phantasm:

Ørnebue
    Avian Bow Of The Insatiable Hunt

Type: Anti-Unit

Entwining his twin loves of hunting and war arrows from Harald's bow can be enveloped in Mana taking the form of golden eagles that seek after the opponent like homing missiles. Upon hitting a target they explode in bursts of energy tantamount to an A-ranked attack.

Ahh, how tragic... to think that a beautiful soul like you will perish by my spear... truly, that fills me with the deepest regrets and sorrow.

Source

Elf (Lancer): A tragic romanticist who believes that all beautiful things will someday die. Elf's normally placid and melancholic demeanor belies a highly twisted sense of aesthetics. Upon encountering someone he finds truly beautiful Elf will attempt to kill them with his own hands, finding that a better fate than to slowly rot away. In his free time he can often be found playing his harp and staring out at a riverside as if contemplating whether to disappear gently beneath the waves.

Strength- C
    Agility- B
    Endurance- D
    Mana- C
    Luck- D
    NP- B

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance- C+
    Spells with a chant below two verses are cancelled, but cannot cope against the likes of High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals. Having been favored by the naiads a + modifier is applied to this Skill when defending against water-based magic.

Personal Skills:

Harp Performance- B
    When Elf's fingers dance along his harp the aura of his ancestral homeland ripples out around him, evoking feelings of longing and sorrow in his listeners. Such pure and tender sadness can lift some forms of mental interference and momentarily strip opponents of the will to fight.

Protection Of The Faeries (Water)- B
    The
    curse
    affection
    of monstrous water-maids whose cold hands grasp for Elf from the riverside. Donates a complete immunity to drowning-related effects and while underwater he can call on their protection to fortify his physical stats by one rank. However Luck is ranked down while near significant bodies of water as the spirits within long to claim him for their own, and Elf can periodically hear a siren's-call beneath the waves urging him to join in their embrace. He resists, barely.

Noble Phantasm
    :

Krybende Tidevandsspyd
    Spear Of The Creeping Tide

The magic spear forged in fairy-land and given to Elf by the monstrous water-maids of the Rhine. According to legend he was thrice-drowned and on the third time washed ashore with this spear in hand and the protection of an otherworldly power beyond humans. As a Noble Phantasm this has been combined with his feat of using seven spears in battle while only the last dealt a killing blow, which here is also attributed to a supernatural ability of his signature weapon.

Upon invoking the true name Elf's spear shimmers and multiples into six copies that fan out, forming a circle that converges on the target to skewer them. However this is only an illusion of water-vapor as the true threat is Elf staying behind and readying his spear for a fateful throw when the opponent's attentions are diverted. On a direct hit their life ebbs away like the tide as the victim's soul is claimed by the water-maids, bypassing any form of defensive abilities below B-rank for a certain kill.

Gwahahahaa! Scatter in fear, you lowly runts! This old body's only pleasure is in seeing you sink into the depths of despair!

Ogier (Berserker): A laidback and joking old man, Ogier never seems to take anything seriously and retains his irreverent attitude even as war rages around him. However when he himself fights he shows an extremely bitter and hateful side. Having lost his youthful pleasures to the ravages of time he finds his sole remaining joy in crushing others. On the battlefield he rampages without a shred of tactics, enjoying to bring his opponents despair by showing all their strategies shatter uselessly against his brute strength.

Strength- B+
    Agility- C
    Endurance- B
    Mana- E
    Luck- E
    NP- C+

Class Skills:

Mad Enhancement- C
    All parameters save Luck and Mana are ranked up, but in return the ability to communicate is lost and they become incapable of complex thinking. At least that's how it would normally be, but since hatred is Ogier's default emotion, he's able to still speak lucidly and express himself while in a default state of hating everything.

Personal Skills:

Projectiles (Stones)- B
    At this rank, stones flung from his sling impart a force comparable to bullets.

Noble Phantasm:

Hads Bredsværd
    For Hate Alone Is True

Ogier's broadsword. An exceedingly simple Noble Phantasm that befits his mentality, the blade simply whets its edge in proportion to the wielder's rage. When swung with "true hatred" in one's heart it gains the ability to rend all defenses below the level of a B-ranked Noble Phantasm.

Rider can normally only manifest one at a time and for 10 minutes unless hooked up to a greater source of Mana. He can also summon only their Noble Phantasms to wield as his own at a lesser magical energy cost. If one of his generals is slain Rider won't be able to call on them again for the remainder of the Grail War.

So I'd been thinking of writing up a Guthrum sheet ever since Shiki-pon floated him amongst his suggestions a while back, but only now got the inspiration to do it. Of course his characterization and abilities are heavily influenced by G.K Chesterton's The Ballad of the White Horse which I even quoted from in the sheet. FC doesn't quite match how I described him but it's the closest I could find that fits my image of the character. As usual comments and critiques would be welcome. Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by RoydGolden; April 23rd, 2023 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Changed FC

Blog Entries

Source
    "My liege, your servant, Richard Neville of the Caster class, has arrived. If my liege wishes to ascend to the royal dignity, then I only ask for one thing: your complete and total cooperation with my designs. Is this agreeable?"

Class: Caster
    True Name: Richard Neville (Light)
    Alternate class: Saber
    Height and Weight: 189 cm / 78 kg

Source: Historical fact
    Region: Europe
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Attribute: Man

Parameters
    Strength: C
    Constitution: D
    Agility: B+
    Magical Energy: A
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: B

He is surprisingly sensitive when it comes appearances, especially his own. "The most important part of being king is looking like one!"

Biography
    Legend
    Richard Neville, 16th Earl of Warwick, was an English nobleman, administrator, and military commander. The eldest son of Richard Neville, 5th Earl of Salisbury, he became Earl of Warwick through marriage, and was the wealthiest and most powerful English peer of his age, with political connections that went beyond the country's borders. One of the leaders in the Wars of the Roses, originally on the Yorkist side but later switching to the Lancastrian side, he was instrumental in the deposition of two kings, which led to his epithet of "Kingmaker".

Unbeknownst to many, the Nevilles were a mage family that could trace their descent from the legendary witch Morgan le Fae. Wielding powerful sorceries they inherited from their ancestor, the gradually accrued power within their home region of northern England, becoming favorably-placed in both the Anglo-Saxon and Norman royal courts. This power reached its apex under Richard Neville, who had acquired a power base both in England (thanks to receiving the title Earl of Warwick through his marriage) and abroad (thanks to his position as Captain of the English continental possession of Calais). Incidentally, Richard and his daughter Anne (who became queen consort of King Richard III) were the closest an individual from the line of Morgan le Fae has come to possessing kingship over any part of King Arthur's original domains.

A man of many talents, Richard Neville is a Heroic Spirit who naturally qualifies for multiple classes without the need for a swimsuit or a Santa hat or a Halloween costume. In his case, the two halves of his personality can be summoned in the Saber and Caster classes, likely as a side-effect of being descended from Morgan le Fae, the legendary witch of Avalon who was said to possess three faces. The Servant Richard Neville (Light) who is summoned in the Caster class emphasizes his role as "one who makes kings".

Character
    Dislikes: Unnecessary expenses, explaining himself
    Talent: Poetry, backseat driving

Introverted, yet active. A reserved and modest figure who has difficulty communicating himself. If any one of the historical Neville's compatriots were to meet Light, they'd probably mistake him for someone else. This assessment is superficially true; Richard Neville was a pugnacious, resentful, self-important firestorm of a man, and Light stands as something closer to a smoldering ember when compared to the original. That said, a fire is a fire regardless of size, and Light is fundamentally "Richard Neville" to his core, having inherited not only his keen intuition, but also his conviction in his own righteousness.

Richard Neville believed that the things that qualified one for the kingship were perceived not with the mind, but with the heart; this is the foundation of Light's character. Bearing Neville's intuition, his specialty is being sensitive to other people's hopes, fears, wants, and dreams, then using this data to chart the way forward. However, due to being left with only a sliver of the original Neville's reasoning capabilities (Richard Neville (Darkness)'s forte), he has great difficulty explaining himself or persuading people to put their faith in him, so he usually doesn't bother telling people about his designs. Also, because of this lack of reasoning, he does not possess enough self-awareness to accurately evaluate his own principles, so he ends up clashing with other people who don't share his ideals.

With regard to the Holy Grail, Light's wish is "to find out why Richard Neville did what he did". History did not record why the Earl of Warwick went to the lengths he did, and Light by himself cannot put a name to the original's motivations, as well. The best he can hope for is to retrace the original's path to try and arrive at that unwritten conclusion.

Relationships
    Master
    He addresses them as "my liege" and generally conducts himself as "a court adviser/wizard". His fiery temper that occasionally slips out of his deferential mask might cast suspicions on his loyalty, but he won't betray the Master unless they repeatedly offend him. This might seem as unusual for the tempestuous personality known as "Warwick the Kingmaker", but in the first place, Neville only answers the summons of a Master whom he believes "has potential as a king".

Morgan
    Light finds himself taken aback by his ancestor's brazenness, but inwardly he empathizes with the horrors the Winter Queen endured to claim the throne.

Cleopatra
    "Ah, the famed ultimate Pharaoh of Egypt. It should go without saying, but her claim to kingship lies in the length of her nose."

Ashiya Doman
    "Hah? I'm infringing on your niche as the provocatively-dressed musclehead out to ruin Master? What bollocks. Even a third-rate onmyoji like yourself should be able to divine how wrong that statement is."
    Class Skills
    Territory Creation: EX
    It is the Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana. Neville is skilled enough to construct a Workshop; however, his way of being currently treats "being at my liege's side" as equivalent to "being in a Workshop", so there's little need to make a separate one.

Personal Skills
    Instinct: C
    The ability to instantly identify "the best personal course of action" during combat. Because this Skill allows for the prediction of trajectory, it is possible to avoid attacks from firearms. However, rather than use it for battle, Neville finds that its optimal use is in "divining the other party's intentions, personality, etc".

Golden Rule: B
    A Skill that refers to the measurement of one's fortune to acquire wealth. It becomes possible to live an upper-crust lifestyle by living off on one's riches alone, and it is unlikely that money will run out. Neville's financial power from obtaining high-ranking positions became a part of his strength as much as his combat ability, which eventually allowed him to prop up and tear down kings as he saw fit. In this case, however, 75% of the income he generates is automatically donated to the Master.

Hero Creation: A
    A Skill that represent the techniques and arts to artificially give birth to and raise a "King". As expected of the man whose actions led to the coining of the term "kingmaker", Neville's rank in this Skill is remarkable. However, it appears to be a bit higher than usual, perhaps because his current mindset does not emphasize "overthrowing the king I myself installed".

Vapor Mirror: A
    The Neville family's Displacement-type magecraft that is descended from the Mirror magecraft of Morgan le Fae. Instead of transferring something from one place to another, it is a mystery that transports the past into the present using the concept of the mirror as its foundation. Functionally replaces the Caster class Skill Item Construction.

The image reflected by the mirror is microscopically delayed thanks the mechanics of light; therefore, looking into a mirror can rightly be called "looking into the past". By reaching into the mirror using magical energy, one can obtain objects, concepts, and even phenomena that existed in the past. If unsupported by the continuous application of magical energy, the displaced items can only persist for a short while in the present era, and disappear in a manner similar to those created using Gradation Air.

Although Richard's death at the battle of Barnet spelled the end of the Vapor Mirror's users, research into its mechanics eventually found its way into the hands of the Peligor family, where its concepts were incorporated into their family magecraft, Shell Projection.

Noble Phantasm
    Crown of Londinium: The Now-Ephemeral Majesty
    Type: Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1-9
    Max targets: 1 person

The crystallization of Richard Neville's legend as the arbiter of English royal power, Light version. A trial run of sorts for Richard Neville's services created by enrobing an allied target with regalia made from "the royal authority of the English monarchy during Richard Neville's time" and "the target's desire to walk the royal road (right path)" that have drawn into the present day using the Vapor Mirror. Put bluntly, it's power dressing conceptualized as a Noble Phantasm.

The garment itself provides considerable attack bonuses when worn, and is durable enough to withstand several blows from a low-ranking Noble Phantasm. However, due to the mechanics of the Vapor Mirror, it only persists for a few minutes before fading away. In this respect, it's similar to evening formalwear made by one's fairy godmother.
    Miscellaneous Notes
    Author's Notes
    Thanks to Bugs for finding me an FC. The concept of splitting up Richard Neville into "Light" and "Dark" halves came relatively late in development, so I can probs write up Darkness if someone can find me an FC with similar features to this one. The Arthurian is chugging along, and should be ready for release before February. Thank you for the patience.
    Last edited by Nuclear; March 14th, 2022 at 03:04 AM.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dang, I was just looking him up as a potential sheet. Mine would be a more straightforward Avenger as an angsty, angry dad lamenting the fates of his daughters, as well as being disappointed at the incompetent Kings whom he previously supported, only to further prolong the war, though.

This is not a bad sheet, but I do feel like it focuses a bit too much on him being a mage over the conflicts he faced in life (like his relationship with Richard, Edward, and Henry, or his defection to the Lancasters), which isn't any less interesting. Maybe that's because of the whole Light/Dark split you got going on, though it's just a personal gripe of mkme.

Blog Entries
    great and creative works from Royd and Nuclear.
    I hope to see Alfred and Dark respectively someday.
    Using the Light and Dark stuff from Tamagovitch is interesting. Maybe I can use it somewhere too

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Dang, I was just looking him up as a potential sheet. Mine would be a more straightforward Avenger as an angsty, angry dad lamenting the fates of his daughters, as well as being disappointed at the incompetent Kings whom he previously supported, only to further prolong the war, though.

This is not a bad sheet, but I do feel like it focuses a bit too much on him being a mage over the conflicts he faced in life (like his relationship with Richard, Edward, and Henry, or his defection to the Lancasters), which isn't any less interesting. Maybe that's because of the whole Light/Dark split you got going on, though it's just a personal gripe of mkme.
    This is a fair assessment of things, and I am aware that Neville (Light) isn't a "conventional" take on the historical figure. I mostly used him as a part of a thought experiment in integrating Pascaline philosophy into my trashy Fate OC profiles.

In Pascal's Pensees, he rebukes two inadequate responses to the data of divine revelation: dogmatism (i.e., ardent belief that cannot be defended by reason) and skepticism (i.e., reason untethered by belief). Light, with his emphasis on intuition to the detriment of reasoning, represents dogmatism, and Darkness would represent skepticism. What I wanted to show with this duality was that just as neither Light nor Darkness completely capture the essence of "Richard Neville", dogmatism and skepticism are likewise untenable responses to divine revelation, and that both reasoning and intuition are needed to make full sense of it. The theme of mirrors and being a descendant of Morgan le Fae were essentially accessories to enhance that effect.

That said, I am aware that a significant shortcoming of this project is that Richard Neville isn't an established character in TM lore unlike Kominsky, which makes it so that there isn't a comparison between the Kominsky we meet in the main story and her Light incarnation, for example, so I'll take that L.

Blog Entries
    i think it is fine but if you base Light and Dark on such a philosophy this should have been noted at least somewhere in the sheet. That is vital information

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.