Page 460 of 620 FirstFirst ... 360410450455458459460461462465470510560 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,200 of 12385

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    Author's Note: I don't know. This feels a bit...cluttered. There's a lot of unsaid things and implications. Also I am just not good at character lore, which I normally skip it in my sheets. I'm also not good at presentation since the best one I had was Maria I with the collapse.

Nah mate, what you’ve unleashed here is fucking superb- this shit’s got mad quality to it, and the snippets we get of the joining of heaven and earth, and the subsequent fallout? Massive SMT vibes in the best way possible. Excellent job.

Class: Lancer
    Alternate Classes: Assassin, Rider, Berserker
    True Name: Diomedes
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Armament: A spear and sword
    Manifestation Cost: High

Bio:
    Lancer is famed as the great hero Diomedes, one of the greatest warriors of Ancient Greece. Taking part in the Trojan War, Diomedes had gained the favor and affection of Athena, goddess of war and wisdom, and was able to accomplish a feat unsurpassed by mortals; defeating two gods in one day, Aphrodite and Ares. However, upon his return to Argos, he found his throne had been taken from him due to Aphrodite's revenge, and so he left to found a new settlement.

Parameters
    Strength: B-
    Endurance: B
    Agility: A
    Mana: C
    Luck: C
    NP: A++

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: A++

The ability to nullify magecraft. Due to the interference of a certain goddess, Lancer's resistance is unusually high, and can reject magic with ease.

Personal Skills:

Affection of the Goddess: EX

Lancer was favored greatly by the Goddess Athena in life, to the point she actively aided him in battle against her divine siblings. Not only have all his stats been ranked up, Lancer's skills have also been given something of a boost, making them stronger than they were in life. It is almost as if Lancer is but a tool for Athena to wage this Grail War.

Eternal Arms Mastery: A-
    Lancer was considered a peerless warrior by the Trojans, some of whom feared him more than Achilles. When facing off with Ajax the Greater, Lancer bested him, cementing himself as second only to Achilles in combat. This prevents any degradation of his fighting skills from any kind of hindrance, and Lancer can thus always use their full fighting abilities.

Clairvoyance (Divine): C+
    As one blessed by the goddess of war with the vision to see those of Divine origin, this skill is rather simple; Lancer can discern the true name and Noble Phantasm of any Servant who has the Divinity skill. For those who don't, Lancer's sharp eyes allow him to track fast-moving objects and keep them in vision.

Curse of the Love Goddess: B-
    Lancer managed to wound the Goddess of Love, but at a price. Upon being summoned, a curse will take effect on Lancer's master, causing them to feel a reason to distrust Lancer. This will create a rift between the two, one which may widen as the war goes on and potentially spell doom for both. However, upon the activation of Lancer's true Noble Phantasm, this curse will rise to rank A++, further increasing the risk of a rift forming between Lancer and their Master unless they have a very strong relationship.

Noble Phantasms:

On the Battlefield: Diomedian Swap

Anti-Unit

When confronted with a warrior whose grandfather Lancer's own had befriended, the two men exchanged their armor, but Lancer was the one who clearly took the better armor. This Noble Phantasm is the crystallization of that legend.

Lancer wears a suit of leather and bronze armor, not worth much, however, they grant Lancer the skill of Charisma at rank C, but it will only work on other Servants. Through it, Lancer can convince another Servant to enter an alliance and friendship with him. Once this agreement is made, however, the Servant will find their Noble Phantasm swapped with the armor, rendering them with now a worthless Noble Phantasm while Lancer possesses their own Noble Phantasm. This NP can only be used once, and never again. Any Servant who gains it will not be able to use it or regain their Noble Phantasm by destroying the armor. Only should Lancer be defeated, will they regain their Noble Phantasm.

Ichor Stained Spear: Love and War

Anti-Unit

Lancer's most famous feat is defeating and wounding two of the Olympian Gods in battle, they being Ares god of war and Aphrodite goddess of love, while being protected by Athena. Lancer possesses a spear which is considered a semi-divine construct, being blessed by the goddess Athena. As a passive ability, Athena's blessing affects the causality of attacks made against Lancer. For example, an attack that could be fatal can instead become semi-serious, but only if Lancer is aware of it.

When truly activated, however, the spear becomes coated in the ichor of the gods it drove off. The spear will expand in size and shape, becoming a truly divine weapon. The spear has two effects; the first reflects the piercing of Aphrodite's wrist as she tried to save her son, forcing her to stop this action and flee. Any Servant struck by the spear will find themselves as helpless as Aphrodite felt in that instant, unable to move or defend themselves from Lancer's next attack. This is the spear's second effect; as Ares was defeated by the hurled spear, after being thrown, the spear is guided towards the most vulnerable part of an enemy, where a lethal blow is sure to be struck, almost like a homing missile, from which there is no escape.

Pallas Athena's Blessing: Blazing Divine Armor

Anti-Unit (Self)

A gift from the goddess Athena, Lancer bears a helmet and shield which blaze with fire like that of a blazing star. When used, they release a torrent of flame like a flame thrower. However, this Noble Phantasm's true purpose is more subtle; like the brightest star shining in the darkness, this Noble Phantasm overshadows the others, hiding them and obscuring their true purpose so that when it is used Lancer's true trump cards is not revealed. In essence, it is the ultimate diversion, a tactic worthy of the Goddess of Strategy.
    Last edited by Slick146; July 3rd, 2022 at 04:02 PM.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    POST SEPTIMA

The Seventh and final Lostbelt has been, against all odds, conquered by the efforts and luck of Chaldea.

They paid the ultimate price to do so.

You—you paid the ultimate price.

For your efforts, for your success, you were punished.

Your efforts were recognized by the Prime Minister, the clear and present enemy of Chaldea. With you in her sight, she singled you out.

"That other world, my world, built my character...
    This one, it ought to break yours."

Just like that, before the eyes of your companions, she casts you away, to be ruined by the same fate that the young woman named Olga-Marie Animusphere once experienced oh-so near the start of your long journey.

Thus, you hurtled into the gaping rift afore you. The only farewell present you take with you is the pained cries of your allies.

The tearful, disbelieving visage of Mash Kyrielight will haunt you for the eternity of torment promised to you.

.................................................. .................................................. ..............................

The emptiness where the world used to be. That's where here is. Unfathomably vast, unbearably hostile, this unfathomably vast emptiness, this space between spaces that binds space and spaces. Sandwiched in-between would-be reality and was-reality.

Here is the true antithesis to anything and everything that ever was, is, could be.

Nothing can exist here.
    Nothing can only exist here.
    It is no place for a something.
    A something like you? A product of reality? You shall not be permitted to be.

You
    are
    not
    permitted
    to be.

Thus, you are not. The absolute zero zeroes out absolutely.

This crucible of a void ruins you with an endless game over.

.................................................. .................................................. ..............................

"Hey! Heyyy~!!"

—Yet, just like that, the crucible of a void is, indeed, a crucible.

Your tortured dreams, agonized wishes, pained regrets beget something, just as the melted-down ingot may be forged anew.

"Hey now, wakey-wakey! You can't sleep here, can't stay here! Hellooo~?"

In this oppressive world where nothing should exist, you hear a voice.
    You feel orientation. Your proprieception is righted, purposeful.
    There is ground beneath you, ground to lie on, that you lay on.
    A perfectly chill breeze brushes over you.

Your suffering has stopped.

You open your eyes. Another pair stares back. They glisten with happiness and relief.

"Oh, great! I was so worried that this wouldn't work, but it did."

Her youthful exuberance and joy bears with it the exact sort of relief that an oasis in the middle of a planetary-spanning desert would.

With swift, animal-like movement, she brings her small body in close, wraps her arms around you, and hugs you, shivers with delight. Her bushy tail swishes happily.

And, you, never have you ever been so happy to see a friendly, if unfamiliar, Servant before you.

"...I was so worried that it wouldn't work, but it did... If I couldn't do this, then..."

"Thank you..." you say, in polite auto-response, as a matter of course. You gratefully pat the little one's back as you find your long-lost voice. "I'm...not dead, am I?"

"Oh, no! Oh, of course not! You're still alive! I mean, you've been alive all this time, anywho. For however long that's been," she backs off from the hug, scratches her tiny chin in ponderance. "Ah, c'mon, you!" she says to herself, "Don't sweat the small stuff! That's not important, you! The two of you's have gotta ge a move-on!" Upon this self-realization, her ears go stiff, focused, the intentiveness behind it reminding you of a gun being loaded and cocked. "This here tree won't climb itself, see!"

"A tree, why do we need to climb a—"

You figure out why immediately. The ground beneath isn't ground at all. It's a tree branch, still attached to the trunk. A massive branch, as wide and as long as a bridge. The breeze about briskly blows, but it only shakes the leaves growing from the living wood, shakes it not. Such is its size.

You notice, compared to the other branches, it is a comparatively small one. A mere starting space of a first square within this new gameboard that you find you piece upon.

"I see. This tree."

"That's right," said the Servant, eager as a beaver. "Welcome, you Master of Chaldea, you, to the one and only World Treel! Let this Rider, Ratatoskr, be your lil' miss sherpa for the foreseeable future!"

Indeed, you see it. Those inescapable sights will accompany you for your journey here;
    The World Tree itself,
    the distant peeks at the places it branches off to, seeming like miniatures placed upon the map—

This tree.
    This wonderful, beautiful tree

"Ah, but, do me a favor, will you?
    ...don't dilly-dally too much."

—this tree, and the all-too-close void you have escaped from as it hungrily encroaches upon this transient realm*The weight of the eyes upon you is the weight of the world.

Cosmos in the Lostbelt
    -Chapter 7.5-
    Overlooking View of Reality - Yggdrasil:
    The Final Road to Everywhere

_{\ _{\{\/}/}/}__
    {/{/\}{/{/\}(\}{/\/\/\} _
    {/{/\}{/{/\}(_)\}{/{/\} _
    {\{/(\}\}{/{/\}\}/\/\/\\/{/){/\}\} /\}
    {/{/(_)/}{\{/)\}{\(_){/}/}/}/}
    _{\{/{/{\{/{/(_)/\/\/\/\/\//}/}/}{\(/}/}/}
    {/{/{\{\{\(/}{\{\/}/}{\}(_){\/}\}
    _{\{/{\{/(_)\}/}{/{/{/\}\})\}{/\/\/\\/\//\}
    {/{/{\{\(/}{/{\{\/\/\\/{\/})/}{\(_)/}/}\}
    {\{\/}(_){\{\{\/}/}(_){\/}{\/}/})/}
    {/{\{\/}{/{\{\{\/}/}{\{\///\/\/\/\/\/\}/}\}(_)
    {/{\{\/}{/){\{\{\/}/}{\{\(/}/}\}/}
    {/{\{\/}(_){\{\{\(/}/}{\(_)/}/}\}
    {/({/{\{/{\{\/}(_){\/}/}\}/}(\}
    (_){/{\/}{\{\/}/}{\/\/\/\/\/\{\)/}/}(_)
    {/{/{\{\/}{/{\{\{\(_)/}
    {/{\{\{\/}/}{\{\\}/}
    {){/ {\/}{\/}/\/\/\\/\/\//\ \}\}
    (_) /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\\/\.-'.-/
    __ #@%%%%%:;;
    %@@%%%::;
    %@@@%(o); . '
    %@@@o%;.,'
    `.. %@@@o%::;
    `)@@@o%::;
    %@@(o)::;
    %@@(o)::;
    %@@@(o)::;
    .%@@@@%::;
    .%@@@@@%::;
    ;%@@@@@%::;.
    ;%@@@@@@@%%:;;;.
    ...;%@@@@@@@@@%%:;;;;,..

True Name:
    _Ratatoskr_

Class: Rider*Alternate Class(es): Watcher, Pretender, Grand Rider
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: Norse Mythology*Pan-Human History
    Region: Europe

- ] | [ -

STR: D
    ▨▨
    AGI: A
    ▨▨▨▨▨
    END: A+
    ▨▨▨▨▨
    MGI: B
    ▨▨▨▨
    LCK: EX+
    ▨▨▨▨▨
    NP: A
    ▨▨▨▨▨

- ] | [ -

Height:
    140cm(includes ears) / 133cm

Weight:
    33kg

Dislikes:
    overcooked nuts and seeds

Talent:
    quick learner, world-class cuddle bug, roastlord

Natural Enemy:
    the Alien God, U-Olga

Attribute:
    Star

Armaments:
    herself, climbing gear*the ever-transferred information on the progression of humanity

Catalyst:
    X̸̭͊̍b̶̪͋̏V̷̫͓̄̾z̴̯̾G̶̭͋K̵̥̑ͅ8̷̞̈́̚ÿ̸͙͖́s

- ] | [ -

Skills

Class Skills
    Riding: A
    The usual Class Skill of Riders, denoting the ability to exert control over varied mounts. A Rider of Ratatoskr's caliber having this is a matter of course.

But, why?

What is her mount? What can she mount?

Should this Skill, not, instead, be an indicator that she can be ridden? For Ratatoskr bears a great many things, yourself included most of all.

Personal Skills

Personal Skills
    Divinity: A (E---)
    A squirrel, venerated by its respective pantheon, that scurries up and down the cosmologically significant tree, gnaws upon it, and relays the happenings on the various worlds to the gods.

As a result of, no small amount of divine vitality has been attributed to Ratatoskr, a de facto god of sorts.

Then, how come it's at such a paltry amount, as to be nearly non-existent?

Climbing: EX
    The ability to climb, and at a level comprehensive enough to traverse the entirety of Yggdrasil so as to fulfill her messengerial duties.

If a squirrel may climb a tree, then a divine squirrel may climb a godly tree.

Envoy of Information: A
    She observes.
    She hears.
    Through this, she knows.
    In knowing, she bears this burden as a payload.
    Through bearing this, through relaying this, the information crystallizes as records.

This information is a form of potential energy.

Rodent of Owner: A Tree-Rat Has, For Some Reason, Survival Equipment: A
    A squirrel ought to be able to a climb a tree just fine.
    A divine one, then, ought to be able to climb a divine tree.

This one, this Ratatoskr, she bears with her, in her fun little satchel of tricks, climbing gear aplenty, as well as other items which would make roughing it on such a grand and arduous expedition far more amenable to a living human.

Curious amenities for a famed squirrel to have, though her ward voices no complaints. This time, it seems she climbs not for herself, but for you.

In actuality, a distinct application of her Envoy of Infortmation.

"Hey, Ratatoskr?"

"Yeah, Master?"

"Tell me a story."

"A...story? Ah, jeez, uh, y'see, I don't really 'keep' stories, y'know. I, well, I deliver them. Bottom of the tree to the top of the tree, and back again."

"So, you don't remember anything? "

"...I said no such thing. But, that's not my function. But, any story I'd tell would just be the silly chitterings of a love-uh, the silly chitterings of a silly squirrel, too drunk on her own newfound humanity."

"Now you really have to tell me."

Independent Manifestation (Squirrel/False): C
    Your being in a pinch is what summoned her.

Tadah! It's Ratatoskr-chan!

Is this so? No, of course not.

It was triggered.

"Your luck might have absolutely abysmal enough to be in this situation, but you can thank the All-Father for setting up your second chance."

Noble Phantasms

Ratatoskr's Delivery Service
    Ratatoskr Express
    A

self-support // anti-tree
    target: self
    range: 0

If Climbing: EX is what is needed for her to be able to climb the tree, then Ratatoskr's Delivery Service is a combination of the administrative privilege needed to properly practically navigate the cosmology of the Yggdrasil system and the vehicle to physically traverse the space.

A continuously active Noble Phantasm, that when manually invoked causes Ratatoskr to undergo a transformation that shifts her from her humanoid self to that of a squirrel—
    —a giant squirrel, crowned with a large, pointed, forward-facing horn. Like a bus, replete with some amount of amentities and space needed to house a small amount of passengers.

The mythological Spirit Origin of Ratatoskr would, of course, not have such things. This renovation to its/her Saint Graph is directly tied to the circumstances of this current summoning, of her being a stray Servant that comes to contract with the Master of Chaldea.

Yes, these are the means through which to move this world.

Ratatoskr Tooth
    Great Horned Drill-Tooth of the Chittering One
    A

self-support // self-defense
    target: self
    range:
    0 (innately)

A grand expedition needs to defend itself from the hostile world it traverses.

Its expeditioneers have need to take the fight to the designated enemies that block their path.

The horn is the medium through which these defenses, these weapons, are used; the shadows of things which Ratatoskr has relayed to the gods are made manifest. That which is kept through Envoy of Information, that potential energy is crystallized and utilized. As she is a temporary bearer of these things, and not a wielder, her efficacy with them is capped at C-rank.

When the Noble Phantasm is truly invoked with its utterance phrase, the horn internalizes all of that
    energy
    information
    , enables it to retain and be fortified with it, or to be released from the horn as a beam of light, borne with the concepts kept within.

Ratatoskr Um Ginnung
    this one's for you, Master
    A

Master-Support // anti-world tree (Facsimile)

target: self // Master
    range: across the very firmament of existence

The truth of this Ratatoskr is as follows:

Pan-Human History was erased, blanketed over with the bleached white layer—a sight wrought by the quixotic Fantasy Trees, the machinations of the Alien God.

The cosmology that enables the worlds to be held up by, and connected to, the World Tree Yggdrasil has long-sinced passed, since the crumbling of the Age of Gods, and the unification of the world's varying textures into that of the Common Sense of Mankind, the modern world.

No incident would cause a return to that model of reality. Nothing can arise from nothing, and Pan-Human History as it is now is empty.

Yes, that void would be hostile to any and all existence if it were to somehow find its way there.
    Yet, that void was hostile to any and all existence that somehow found its way there.
    The world of humans, once emptied, found a human within it once more.

The Big Bang explodes.
    The gears of the systems that once were turn once more.

Because of the failsafe put into place, tied to you and your fate, by that certain All-Father your ever-ally, this one last possibility opens to you. This is the work of a personal counter-force. A small but important element of human observation made manifest. The means to determine reality is called for, in the form of Ratatoskr, to this empty world, and makes the world non-empty. This Nordic basis is why she appears as she does, why this empty world becomes filled with the projected image of Yggdrasil, its connected worlds, and the residents of this purgatory metaverse. The tree of timelines that makes up the folds of reality are trasposed, read, interpreted through the context of Yggdrasil. This Yggdrasil is a world of stilled-time, for it is a moment between the moments that determine observed reality, that which distinguishes the timelines.

This world is no world to reside in, but a road.

That which observes reality, determines reality for the humans, bears, for this time, the guise of Ratatoskr.

She acts overly familiar with you, for she is overly familiar with you. Every step you've taken, every act you've done, everything on these journeys during your days at Chaldea, she's seen to it that you'll be remembered even if everything and everyone forgets.

Thus is this Rider, Ratatoskr, summoned for you, to help you. You, the last member of humanity.
    Through fully jacking-into her Grand container, this Noble Phantasm is used for the first and last time, to bear you past the firmament of reality.
    Thus, she is a Grand Rider, one you ride, one who bears you through this important journey to your as-important destination: true reality, and the final battle outside of it within the Alien World.

Bond Craft Essence
    "This is Hopefully Not the Last Notice"

(It is a post-card, depicting you and Ratatoskr on the first legs of your journey. You pose together, nervous but eager smiles on your faces, and she closely holds you arm.)

On it is written:
    Gimme some good news to tell everyone.

author's notes

This idea came to me in a dream.

Well, the bird's eye view of it, anyway:
    Cute little squirrel girl Servant. Yggdrasil as the key location, used as a route instead of an intended destination. A Servant that, like Merlin, has been following your escapades from afar, vicariously. Because of this, she's a fangirl of Chaldea, and of you. A "for (YOU)" Servant, if you will.

The dream didn't go into as much detail as I did. I haven't gone into as much detail as I even should, but given that this isn't a write-up for Create-a-Singularity/Lostbelt, I'm myself yet to be privy to the details such a theoretical story would fully entail. That doesn't mean I haven't given it some thought. Given the setting and set-up, it'd probably be one of those scenarios with a decidely small cast, narrow focus, a la Return of the Pseudepigrapha, the Dantes tower event, or even just that story segment of Avalon le Fae where the cast is guided by Merlin through the Earth and into the Other Side, to Avalon. The Master and Ratatoskr wouldn't be the only Chaldean-allied, of course. Given the nature of the world, Dantes would, probably—finally—get to have an appearance AND to conclude his arc. When things get bad, the remnant of Odin would swear to you Brynhildr Lily

1ST STAGE

2ND STAGE

3RD STAGE

FINAL

???????

, a Brynhildr yet to be corrupted/emboldened by the yokes of burning love, and who understands that she is a Servant who is not only yet to do so, but never shall by virtue of her excessively short existence as a Servant summoned by Odin. Her arc and themes, revolving around attachment, will, and transience, would likely parallel and contrast with Ratatoskr's as appropriate.

Ratatoskr wouldn't just be a Grand Rider just because it'd be an emotional connective piece between the Master and the greater humanity at large. 7.5, according to this headcanon/wishful thinking, would take place during the culmination of the Alien God storyline, during the height of the success of whatever schemes U-Olga and co. have undergone and going on. Beast VII's presence is overwhelming. It has almost won. Even the formerly-empty transient simulated world of "Ratatoskr's" Yggdrasil is being affected by its influence.

...Níđhöggr, the ravenous dragon, gnasher of the World Tree, has forcibly assumed the mantle of humanity's own death drive, become an Apostle,
    and the hand of the Alien God,Lesser Beast V I I......

As usual, when it comes to my personal utilization of non-English languages into NPs/Skills, I will take note of the butchered Nordic, and I shan't apologize for it. It adheres with the ethos of this franchise. I took conscious effort to make it just whack enough.

McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Reploid Zerker: cute sheet, well done. tho i feel like all her abilities kinda overlap, diluting them overall.

LB Michael: interesting stuff. The unsaid stuff is okay because there are more sheets coming, right? So they can be implied in them

Lancer: the 2nd NP inspired by Records of Ragnarök perhaps?

IRUN Rider: beautifully written servant, interesting setting, i would like to see more of you again. I am not convinced of her being a Grand tho
    Last edited by DelRey; July 4th, 2022 at 06:56 AM.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you asked a scholar what modern fantasy is, they would probably respond with an amalgam of tropes, time lines and inspirations.

One ring to rule them all,

The master was breathing heavily as they stared down the monsters that continued to crall forth from the very woodwork as they surged towards the group. “Mashu, Lancer, are you okay to fight?” They questioned, receiving a solemn nod from both. Servants they may be, even they would begin to tire at the endless waves they seemed to be facing. As both prepared another voice called out from above.

“Apologies for the late arrival, but would you mind if I lent a hand? Or several?” Accompanying those words was a barrage of arrows that felled a number of the beasts. All the while, two figures landed on the ground, having probably dropped from the rooftops of the surrounding buildings. The one who landed near them quickly brought an old fashioned rifle to bear, firing into the hoard.

The other cut through the beasts with a pair of blades, a sword and a dag- nope. That was a broken sword. Flashes of ethereal light surrounded the area he moved in, as he simply seemed to teleport back and forth and dodge around the attacks. These two, Archer and Saber maybe, alongside Mashu and Lancer quickly cut through the threat.

The Archer holstered the rifle, and nodded towards the Saber. “Thank you Talion, that’ll be all for now.” Stated the man before waving his hand and causing the Saber, Talion, to disappear. Turning to the man, they were met with a calm face and a small smile.

“You must be the master of Chaldea. I am glad to make your acquaintance. I’m Caster —”

In the end, there would be no singular conclusion that is universally agreed upon.

One ring to form them,

The master glanced down at the clothes they had just been handed and the ring, back up to Caster. Before they could voice their question, Caster began to answer it. “We talked about the rules of this distortion a bit already, but I didn’t mention one thing. The rules are temperamental out here. In there? They are absolute.” Caster stated, pointing at the gates of Disneyland, and at his phantom familiars that were entering to scout ahead.

“While the clothes are to give you some spells that can upend the functions, and so are optional, the ring isn’t. Go in there without it, and you lose your complexity. Stop being human and start being HUMAN.” Stated the Englishman, placing a hand on the master's shoulder.

“So please, wear the ring, because that world needs a human to save it.”

However, what if you asked a magus, especially one of the Department of Creation?

One ring to bring them all,

“This is taking too long. They know we’re here and they’re taking the time to prepare. We gotta go soon.” Exclaimed Lancer, pacing hurriedly within the little hobbit hole the team found themselves in.

“We can’t because then the plan won’t work. Plus, we have a counter for that. You should know, you came up with it.” Replied Saber, taking the time to relax as he played with the wrappings that covered their greatest weapon.

Lancer stalled, huffing as he responded. “I know that, but are we sure that he is strong enough to hold all of them back long enough? There's a ridiculous number of monsters in this world.”

Saber nodded in agreement to the later part. “I know, but I have Avengers memories. I know how strong he is. It’ll work. Maybe even too well.” The knight responded, before turning to look at Caster. The servant of the spell’s hands were a blur as he turned the pages of the various reference books that surrounded him. All in the purpose of crafting the final piece of the puzzle.

Well, they too would have a long, convoluted response, but the difference is they have a universally agreed upon conclusion. Post

And in my fiction bind them.

They were stunned. They’d done it! Ruler was no more and the false world of Disneyland was beginning to fray.

Yet, standing in the hole that used to be the grand entrance way to the throne room, was the very thing they’d used to hold back the combined might of all the VALIANT DEFENDERs. Saber was right, it worked far too well. It didn’t even look damaged!

“You couldn’t be settled with defeating us as a whole, could you. Had to hunt us all down to oblivion. Well, if I must fall to the void, so will you!” stated the figure who emerged from the shadow of the throne. The being that had caused this all. Dantalion.

Cloaked in black ribbons of physical shadow weaved into a kingly robe, the many faces of the demon stared them down. The jewels that made up the outline of his skeletal wings glowed and his grey flesh rippled before he vanished and reappeared near the APOCALYPTIC DRAKE.

The situation was dire, so why weren’t they freaking out more. “Sorry about that master, couldn’t have you losing your head to his manipulations. That’s how we got to this situation to begin with!” Stated Caster as he stepped forward. His form rippled and winked out, leaving behind a wizened professor in the youthful lieutenants place.

“You!” Dantalion exclaimed, taken aback by the man in front of him.

“Me” replied Caster, smiling wide. “I told you this was a horrible idea. A world of black and white? All the beauty would be hidden by the brightness or darkness.” Caster continued as he slowly raised a hand into the air. A hand that was burdened by a single ring.

“Shades of grey may bring complexity, and complexity brings hardship, but the cycle doesn’t end there. From that hardship, the world and humanity make beauty. So let me show you a fragment of what can come from it.” The ring glowed bright, before a roar that shook the world echoed out. A giant, black limb bashed away the roof of the throne room, revealing the giant, gaping maw of a dragon of abyssal black.

“Todays lecture on the need for complexity is given to you by Ancalagon the Black, and -”

J.R.R. Tolkien

Ash Nazg

Singularity: Chessboard Reality Without Complexity: Disneyland
    Date: July 17 1955 A.D.
    Human Foundation Value: –

Class: Caster
    Other Class: N/A
    True Name: John Ronald Reuel Tolkien
    Titles: Father of Modern Fantasy, King of High Fantasy
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Region of Origin: England, United Kingdom

Height: 5’9”
    Weight: 76kg
    Birthday: 3 January
    Dislikes: Expansive government power
    Talents: Language creation, story construction, embarrassing children in his care, codebreaking
    Armaments: Lee-Enfield Rifle and Webley .455 Mark 6 Revolver

Parameters:
    Strength: D
    Endurance: E
    Agility: D
    Mana: B
    Luck: B
    Noble Phantasm: EX

Appearance:

While his true form is an elderly man who has lived a long and full life, he doesn’t think this form is the most suited to battle. To remedy this, he uses a portion of his power to return him to a younger form. It has no effect on his parameters, but it does mentally prepare him for conflict. Even while not in a direct confrontation, he will remain in a younger form as long as he is in enemy territory. He will at least switch from his military uniform to the clothes he’d give a college lecture in.

Personality:
    Tolkien, like any human, is a complex character. However, some traits are far more prominent than others, and they create an eternal cycle in his actions. At heart, Tolkien is an introvert who finds greater solace and comfort in his own mind than in the outside world. However, he is too appreciative of said outside world to ever fully turn inward and develop an otaku personality. Due to this introversion though, one would be surprised that they do not have to clear their entire schedule for a short chat with him.

However, he is by no means abrupt or rude. While an assertive person, who very much has his beliefs and will wear them like a badge of honour, he is always respectful of others and their beliefs, unless they cross into his definition of injustice. At which point, he is quite vocal in his opposition.

This respect for others and their beliefs comes from his fascination with the world and all it contained. He always wished to learn more and would take advantage of the ability to rectify his lack of knowledge that is partially caused by his lack of extensive travel. He does this so he has material for when he turns inwards to spend his time crafting new languages, and by extension characters and worlds. Seriously, this man creates epic fantasy the same way most people breathe.

Unintentionally.

He usually treats his master like a friend. This unravels to mean three things. He is extremely loyal towards them and would sooner let himself die than betray them. He is protective of them due to the trauma that still remains in his psyche from losing so many in the Great War. Finally, he will be a fair bit less respectful towards them and more regularly call them out on things, because they should know he only does it because he cares.

My wish? Hmm… in life I would say ‘to have my friends back’, but I’m a bit late for that to mean much. I might say for the War to never have happened, but it changed too much. I’ll settle on the wish I tried to carry out in life, sharing my creations with the world.

Relationships:
    Edison: I don't hate him, I just don’t like what he personifies. Industrialization takes the beauty of the world away from us.

Lakshmibai: She suffered because hands reached further than they ever should have. I feel sorry for her.

William Shakespeare: He is quite over the top, isn’t he? Despite that, I still respect him and what he did for language. Helps that I am certain I would mirror him if I was more extroverted.

Hans Christian Andersen: I struggle to believe that one of the great three is such a bitter wretch, but the proof stands before me.

Beowulf: Ah… well. I won’t walk back my position on the meaning of his tale, but I’ll admit telling people to disregard the fantastical elements was… incorrect.

Red Riding Hood(And others in my fairytale series): What?! Those two were right!? Oh my, guess I owe them an apology.

Chaldea: You know, I dreamt of something similar to this in life? It is incredibly heartwarming to see it be a reality.

Servants Foreign to the UK: Ah, I hope to get a chance to speak with them a bit. So many cultures I know so little about…

Class Skills:
    Territory Creation: B+
    The skill of a servant to create an area that is advantageous to themselves, although the type of advantage depends on the servant. For Tolkien, this advantage relates to a region that is mentally stimulating to him in some fashion. At this rank, he is capable of making a region worthy of the designation workshop. The chances of him actually crafting one that fits the definition too is miniscule.

Through usage of his Noble Phantasm, he will construct an area that is inspired by part of his own past, by someone else's, or one of his worlds. This feeds into his other Phantasm, making it far easier to come up with new, complex works. Due to its method of creation, Tolkien receives a modifier for his speed of assembly and disassembly.

Middle Earth came from my view on the lands I knew and loved. I wonder what these new lands will inspire?

Item Construction: -
    Due to the presence of the Enchant skill, it has supplanted Item Construction in Tolkien’s array of abilities.

Personal Skills:
    Living Legacy: D
    A skill that represents the, admittedly modern, concept of a media franchise, or literary universe. It is an ability that gives the original creator access to the works of those that came after them. A postmortem dividend, if you will.

While Tolkien has an impressive number of works set in his world of Arda, many that came into public access after his death, the vast majority were created during his lifetime, by him. While they are included in this skill, its rank is determined by how many works are connected to the worlds, and weren’t made by the creator. And for Tolkien, that is a small amount compared to some others.

…just as I was surprised when the world loved my stories, I am surprised that the world added to my stories.

Enchant: C+
    The skill that governs the endowment of concepts into items, most commonly weapons. Despite his literary might and fame, Tolkien possesses a lower rank of this skill due to the majority of his writing being fantasy. The reason this is a problem is due to Tolkien’s conceptualization, nay, his conceptual achievement of rendering fantasy as the interaction between human imagination and human language, removing reality from the equation.

This leaves Caster with only his works involving reality and fictions other than his own. This is represented by his level in this skill. At this rank, Caster is capable of imbuing power into items, going so far as pushing the highest tier of items, those with a great history already, to the level of a Noble Phantasm of the E rank.

The modifier finds its bases in Tolkien’s style of writing. Due to his descriptive nature and flowery language, he is capable of increasing the efficiency of the traits he imbues, allowing for effects that would require the power of a D rank Phantasm to be achieved with less.

I am no stranger to the power of language. I’ve known it since I was a child! This is just one more facet. The pen is mightier than the sword indeed.

Veteran: B
    While his normal body is that of his younger days, this is an effect created by usage of his Noble Phantasm. In truth, his body, and specifically mind for the purpose of this skill, are that of his last years. This being the mind of someone who overcame the horrors of the great war, he is capable of helping stabilise the mind of his master.

Tolkien likes to aid this skill by externalising his usually very internal thought process for his languages, characters and worlds to help distract his master. He is aware that it doesn’t actually aid anything, but for his friend? He’ll even go for a placebo.

…and so if we take that assumption across the board, the rules would become i for the preposition of, such as Katakar i Vakten for Katakar of Vakten, and ie for the preposition from…

Familiar(Phantoms): E
    Tolkien is capable of using the phantoms of his characters as familiars for searching purposes. Their combative power is zero, and their most useful trait is their ability to be intangible and invisible to non-magical detection. Furthermore, their power is so low, they are also able to pass under the radar of magical detection. Their greatest weakness is that they have to return to him for orders and interpret it as the character would.

My, I feel like I’m a Lieutenant again, ordering men around and trying to figure out exactly what they think I said.

High-Speed Incantation: C
    Whilst this skill is usually the ability to cast the verbal component of a spell at an accelerated speed, as an author, Tolkien uses it to increase the rate at which he can design new stories, or to be specific, languages that he creates stories around. While this does affect his writing speed directly, compressing the work of days and even weeks into hours, it mainly boosts his mental capacity to formulate the required components in the first place.

While Tolkien should have a much lower level in this skill, it is greatly boosted by the public perception of his writing. Which, due to the ridiculously close together publications of his major works, while he was still creating academic works, is summarised as: ‘Tolkien must have worked fast! He’d have to spend all his time writing to make this happen otherwise!’

Ah, this is such a helpful ability for me! Why, you ask? Well, it allows me to explore the implications of what I learn from others so much more quickly than before, allowing me to incorporate more than before!

Noble Phantasm

Regalia of the High King of Fantasy
    Ash Nazg

Anti-World: EX
    Range: -
    Max Number of Targets: 1

Ash Nazg, or the One Ring in English. A symbol that encapsulates all of Tolkien’s most famous works in the fantasy genre. Fitting that it has become the outward embodiment of the foundational redefinition committed by Tolkien through those works.

This Noble Phantasm grants Caster the ability to engrave a magical foundation into the world around him. This foundation facilitates the creation of Fantasies through the expenditure of Imagination into Language. In practice, this allows Tolkien to use the power of human imagination to bring forth his fictional works to act in the real world.

To activate this process, an aria must be recited. That Arya being:

One Ring to rule them all,
    One Ring to form them,
    One Ring to bring them all,
    Ash Nazg.

After doing this, the process of engraving the foundation would begin. While the time it took could be accelerated through higher energy expenditure, it would usually take about a week to reach full extent. That is about the size of Oxford. He can dispel the foundation and re-engrave it elsewhere if needed, but this dispels everything currently made and has a few more issues.

Caster gains this Imagination through an interaction with Alaya. While, without restrictions, the amount of Imagination would be ever fluctuating, Caster is instead given a constant amount, in exchange for it being much lower.

While the power of what he brings forth is always set at maximum, this impacts the amount of Imagination it takes to keep them in reality. The same amount that would keep A Rider of Rohan around for a few minutes would barely keep The Riders of Rohan in reality for the blink of an eye. Furthermore, things that make them interact more heavily with reality, like being damaged or damaging something else shorten their time of existence. Only twenty examples exist of things that do not need constant upkeep, but they will be covered later.

In the essence, this Phantasm works in a triangle, where one side always suffers. To have many powerful fantasies, you sacrifice the time they can exist. To have a large number around for ages, they cannot be strong. And to have a powerful force around for a while, you can’t have much else.

Sadly, the above only applies to the works contained in Tolkien’s existing works or those attributed to him. Essentially, that which is a part of the foundation from its formation. Yet, Tolkien is capable of creating new works. These new works suffer from the fact that Caster must also ‘prove their connection to Tolkien’ on top of the other factors. The easiest way to do this is having others experience it as a work of Tolkien, and so bring it closer to the foundation.

The reason this is so important is that, unlike fantasies that are part of the foundation, and so can accept all the Imagination without consequence, new works grow brittle when more Imagination is poured into them than they can handle. This can even go so far as for the fantasy to collapse when overfilled to the extreme. The stability level of these also reset if the foundation is dispelled.

However, one boon exists in these creations in that, as they are not true Tolkien according to the foundation, they can be overlaid on reality. In doing so, adding their properties to that of which it overlaps.

Finally, we can address the exceptions. They are the concept of the twenty other rings of power. Not the rings themselves, just as Ash Nazg is not truly the one ring, but the idea that they are subordinate rings of the one ring. This subordinate status allows them to access the fantasies in the foundation, and possess their own cap on Imagination available. This cap is percentile, and while all may be available, there is a hierarchy of priority and the total drawn may never be over 49%.
    Priority Level(Number): Accessible Percentage
    Top Priority(1): 40%
    Second Priority(3): 16%
    Third Priority(7): 7%
    Last Priority(9): 3%

Explain Ash Nazg? Well, alright. I’d compare it to a library that could begin building wherever I want it, with my fictions being the books in stock. My ring is the library pass, with credit that allows me to take some books home to peruse. The other ninetee- I mean twenty rings are subsidiary passes that work of my own credit. The works I make now? Books that are being troublesome in the filing system, where the library is constantly calling you about them, and sometimes needs you to return them early. And all the progress they make is rendered null when I decide to move outside its service area.

Lore
    The Faculty of Valuay has a very short list of creators it holds special contempt for. However, one individual in particular is an object of near universal hatred, despite his recent existence. A soul with an overactive Origin of Language, whose work redefined fantasy, and in doing so stripped a common practice of all its power. J.R.R. Tolkien.

John Ronald Reuel Tolkien was born on January 3, 1892, in present-day South Africa to parents Arthur and Mabel Tolkien. While his mother, brother and himself were in England on vacation, his father passed away, leaving the family with no financial support. Due to this, Mabel chose to remain in England with her family rather than return. These lands that he grew up in would later come to be part of the inspiration for the landscapes featured in his works.

Thanks to the peculiarity of his soul, Tolkien learned to read and write fluently by the age of four and was an avid learner. His interest in languages could be described as borderline terrifying, and learned the foundations of Latin at a very young age. Furthermore, he even began to write his own stories and read the works of others. An important occurrence in this time was Tolkien reading the books of Andrew Lang. This formed his first interests in the origin of the fantasy genre. He also had an interest in botany that he shared with his mother and, after her death, made sure to forever hold close.

With the tragedy of his mothers death leaving them guardian less, he and his brother were sent to live with a trusted friend, Father Francis, who raised them as Roman Catholics at his mother’s request. It was also after coming into Father Francis' care that he encountered his first constructed language, Animalic. It was created by his cousins Mary and Marjorie Incledon, however they quickly lost interest.

Tolkien, didn’t. In fact, it was the opposite. He was so enamored with it that he went on to invent a new language of greater complexity with a bit of help. This language was called Nevbosh. Driven by this interest, he would learn Esperanto and write the Book of Foxrook, which contained his first self constructed alphabet. From a mystical context, this work has another achievement. The first time that, through his imagination and skill in writing, his Origin imbued his words with power.

Tolkien fell in love with Edith Mary Bratt as a teenager but was forbidden from contacting her until he turned 21 because Father Francis believed their romance would affect his education. This was actually accurate, as the tensions caused by her protestant background and Father Francis caused Tolkien to mess up in his exams.

With an inhuman drive, inspired by his want to be with the woman he loved and the resonance of what he studied, that being English language and literature. Graduating with first class honours from Oxford’s Exeter College, he turned to pursue his love. Writing a letter and driving all his skill into it, his Origin once more affected the words and further imbued them with both power, and the contents of his mind. One could say that the letter became a manifestation of every drop of his love for her by the end.

Despite, as he would later find out, almost losing her to another man, the letter did its job perfectly. They married during World War I, and he enlisted for service as a second lieutenant shortly after their wedding in 1916. This last part may have impacted why there was so little bad blood left between the other man and Tolkien.

Much of his time in the military was spent in France as part of the 11th service battalion Lancashire Fusiliers. Working as a signal officer, he mainly found himself serving alongside the working class men under his command. While the rigours of military protocol prevented him from forming close relationships, he grew to feel an affinity with these men. The comes heavily from the ingenuity, creativity and imagination these men displayed in trying to follow the military doctrine of ‘hurry up and wait’ in the stressful environment.

He was involved in the Battle of the Somme and was placed at risk of death a number of times. In the end though, he was saved from such an unfortunate fate by the least likely ally. Lice. Specifically, he contracted trench foot and was sent back to England, surviving the war. However, he was a lucky one among his friends, with many of them losing their lives in the war. Truly, he probably would have joined them in death if he had remained much longer, as most of his battalion was wiped out in short order.

After his return, he spent a brief stint working at the Oxford English Dictionary. Despite his relatively short time spent here, less than three percent of his overall lifetime, Tolkien claimed he learned more in those two years than any other two years in his life. This is because of a sentiment that was formed here, one he would go on to partially publish in ‘On Fairy-Stories’ and can be summarised as this:

Fantasy is the interaction between human imagination and human language. Nothing more, nothing less. The inspirations effects on the process were null and void in a direct context, and only mattered, somewhat, in the indirect.

While he would go on to have an impressive career in academia, writing a number of works that would become course standards, the most important one for the existence of this servant, is the four first published works in middle earth. Each work he made were projects of his very soul, and the ultimate examples of his skill in the manipulation of language. All the while, his Origin poured thousands of concepts into his work.

Chief among them his opinion on the fantasy genre.

Each work used the power conferred upon them to become a pillar that separated the fantasy of the past from the now, acting upon the work left behind by others and the waves Tolkien had already made through the influence he had on the works of others and his own prior publications.

However, the effect wasn’t immediate, and if more stability had not been added to these pillars, it would have all come tumbling down. Had the publication gone like Tolkien expected, they would have. Yet despite writing them for himself, expecting little of their eventual release, his skill with words had other ideas. And so Tolkien created modern fantasy.

However, to truly understand the meaning of this event, we have to also explain why he is hated by the Department of Creation.

The Department of Creation focuses its research into magecraft in artistry, and while some of those artists focused on written works, the use of literature was widespread. This was because of a process that had been discovered that allowed mages to increase the stability of a product without decreasing the mystery through an abuse of the stabilising effect of knowledge.

By creating works that featured their creations, and used their properties, functions or effects as major themes of the story, mages could stabilise the foundation and formulas of the creation. And through including other themes and using misdirecting plots, they could ensure a minimal to no loss of mystery for the work. While this procedure had been weakened by things like the printing press, reducing the inherent mystery of written works by reducing their rarity, it was still in major use. While it was used by many mages, it was most pervasive in the Faculty of Valuay.

Good examples would be things like:
    The woodcutter's tale: What would be a simple but efficient way of stabilising a tool.
    The Picture of Dorian Gray: A more intricate defense for a useful piece.
    The Jabberwocky: A masterwork of the process, used to stabilise a major, usually research defining creation.

It was effective due to the foundation of the fantasy genre putting heavy import on the influencing factors. However, when Tolkien redefined how the world saw fantasy, the effect of the process quickly dropped, until it was useless. The event caused a witch hunt in the Department, but by the time they found the one responsible, it was too late. The Department of Policies prevented them from exacting their desired revenge, and Tolkien was able to live the rest of his life, and pass away, in peace.

In the end, he was able to steal a basic tool of Valuay, re-forge it anew so it could never serve its old purpose, and hand it to Norwich, and walk away scot free.

Developer Notes:
    The origins of this sheet can probably be drawn back to an old sheet idea, Baron Kelvin, that was in the same line as Tesla. However, I thought that doing a sheet that would feel like ‘Tesla, but temperature’ was boring. So instead, I wondered what would happen if it was an ethereal concept that someone stripped of mystery. Que memories of J.R.R. Tolkien’s ‘On Fairy Tales’ and his work with Beowulf(although this one isn’t mentioned in the sheet). And so you get the man who ripped Fantasy from the claws of Mystery, and gave it to Humanity.

However, to further differentiate it, I heavily pushed an idea that came about when researching in the same place that helped me solidify his personality. Letter 165 of The letters of J.R.R. Tolkien. In it, the idea that the world of Arda, his momentous stories, were all made just to show off the language he created. He created the books that can be described as the start of modern fantasy, the books that destroyed an entire foundation of mystery in Type-Moon, to show off a language. The man fucking handed Fantasy to Humanity so they’d listen to his Elvish!

Seriously, mages better be happy he only stripped mystery from fantasy and not language as a whole. The Clocktower might actually allow the Department of Creation to have their way if that was the case. Seriously when the list of articles devoted to breaking down your language is 53 examples long, and work is still ongoing… yeah.

A discarded idea for Tolkien was the idea that his works are an allegory for the events of the Age of Fairies, since he imagined the events happening in Earth’s past, but that was decided to be antithetical to my primary theme.

With this I also tried to bring the servant's personality through it a bit. Kinda failed there. Only so much I can do with the servants talking to themselves, and I have 0 ideas how best to write the Protagonists side. They have a personality, I just haven’t read enough of the manga adaptations to know what that personality is.

When choosing his skills, a lot of my decisions came from the abilities of magic rings. The familiars are the Djinn of some middle eastern tales, with their abilities being the common invisible trait mixed with a concept for ‘can’t kill’. Kinda hard to hurt that which is a construct/intangible. The wisdom of Solomon's rings became Veteran. Finally, enchantment again came from Solomon. Specifically the idea his rings possessed the emblem to seal genies(powers) into bottles(objects).

As for that, I am aware that Enchant and Familiars seem useless with the existence of Ash Nazg, but their bonus is that they can be used when the foundation is inactive, and go outside the radius of said foundation.

Sheet Comments:
    Ratatoskr: Honestly, I really like the Ratatoskr sheet. The personality is really funny and all the skills apply quite well. Furthermore, the overall concept for the situation that is going on in Lostbelt 7.5 is intriguing. Plus, it kinda ties off the Odin involvement that keeps popping up in a sensible fashion. However...No Raphtalia Faceclaim, so 0/10

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Holy shit this is great. I love how respectful you are with Tolkien and his legacy and how you avoid making him into another 2d anime character.

You should give him a line for siegfried and Sigurd given that he was inspired by the nibelung for LOTR tho.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lancer of the Phantom Isle

Identity:
    The Morrigan

Alignment: Balanced Neutral

Armament(s): Polearm Constructs

Summoning Catalyst: Three gaelic spearheads dipped in crow's blood, then pushed into the soil of a battlefield where the summoning circle must be drawn

History: Since time immemorial, The Morrigan has watched over Ireland as a mother goddess and protector deity from the shadows. Mostly remaining silent and unseen, it is in relation to her domains of war and fate that she will make herself known to those on the field of battle, who stand close to death, or as great cause of it. For this reason she appears as a figure in the Ulster cycle, revealing herself to Cu Chulainn in the role of a trickster, a source of aid he rejected, and finally, as a witness to his death, and perhaps a source of solace in his end. While she also plays a role in the mythological cycle as the wife of Dagda, it is her participation and closeness to figures of the Ulster Cycle through her domains, such as the aforementioned Cu Chulainn, as well as Scathach, that she manifests in the form of lancer.

Personality: It is VERY important to acknowledge the constitution of the Morrigan, as she is a singular entity formed by three other Goddesses, Babd, Macha, and Nemain. While The Morrigan herself is a wholly realized creation in both body and mind, the three goddesses function as a set of 3 consciousnesses or voices in her head. To quickly denote them,
    Babd- The Trickster, a catty figure who flaunts her divinity in her ability to watch and her wish to meddle in mortal affairs. The Power.
    Nemain- The Temptress, a prideful figure who revels in the reputation that being a goddess brings. The Presence.
    Macha- The Witness, a serious figure that reflects and mourns the fate of those who become able to perceive her. The Responsibility.

That being said, The Morrigan herself, in a strange twist juxtaposition to her creation, views her composite parts like a mother does her daughters... daughters who are often whining in her head as she's trying to simply persist. Thus, she comes off as tired and standoffish to those unaware of her situation, often seeming aloof and unfocused, and snapping at those who snap her out of it. However, it's not quite something she realizes she does: and upon being confronted with the matter, she'll often become incredibly apologetic about the situation, and be much friendlier afterwards. The point is, she needs someone with her- someone who can care, who she can rely upon. Upon finding that someone, whether it be a master, or another servant, she can perform in high form, her matronly disposition and aspect of her godhood becoming prominent in it's positive qualities. Notably, she does have a vicious streak, being a deity associated with death after all. When she or her chosen someone are properly threatened, she is personally prepared to bring upon death herself, as opposed to simply waiting for it to come as usual.

Height: 235 cm
    Weight: "Kindly, never ask this again."
    Appearance:

Servant Parameters:
    Str: B
    End: A
    Agi: B
    Mana: EX
    Luck: C

Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance A
    Divine core of the Goddess EX

Personal Skills:
    Item Creation (Milk) C: The Morrigan “creates” bottles of milk with great healing abilities when drank. Do not question the source.
    Crow’s Omen B: The ability of The Morrigan to sense the presence of death, whether it be imminent, or how close it is. A variation of the Instinct skill awarded as a goddess of Fate.
    Triple-Goddess EX: A skill denoting the trio of goddesses, the three morrigna, Badb, Macha, and Nemain, that make up The Morrigan. They are capable of separating into their three own forms simultaneously, at the cost of their parameters being one rank lower. Additionally, their secondary Noble Phantasm is off-limits when separated.
    The Morrigan herself is still in control, though the three aspects become more pronounced upon her personality in their individual respective bodies.
    Hero Creation (Pact) C: By offering her aid and affections, when accepted, one may become her champion of sorts, and be granted power through this pact.
    Shapeshift B: The Morrigan can transform into a variety of different naturally-occurring animals, such as a crow, an eel, a wolf, as well as various humans.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Feathers of the Phantom Queen- B: The weapons of The Morrigan, great spears forged from the shadows of falling crow’s feathers. Distilled mana given solid form, they equate to an B-Rank Noble Phantasm, and can be summoned at her leisure.

Finality of the Standing Stone- A: Upon sensing the imminent death of her champion, forged by her Hero Creation (Pact) skill, she can manifest the Standing Stone where she accompanied Cu Cuchulainn in his final moments. This will cause spectral chains to bind them there, and bestow the Battle Continuation and Madness enhancement skills at B and D ranks respectively, until death. She cannot be touched, but cannot do anything but watch and talk until their imminent death.

Design Notes:
    - As her creation is for a hypothetical Fate Fighting game, she serves as a Charge character archetype from a gameplay perspective
    - From a visual perspective, I drew inspiration from Morrigan of Darkstalkers, and Hilda of UNIST in her outfit and weapon design, while more majorly from Scathach, Skadi, and Morgan Le Fay in Fate itself. The last one is a nod to the fact that many scholars have tried to tie the two together because of their similar names, though they have been entirely unsuccessful. She draws more from Skadi for the aspect of being a goddess, and Scathach presents the traditional bodysock outfit thing the Irish lancers all seem to have to some degree.
    -She's got a canonical mom-bod, a fact that irks her, and is the reason for the corset-like piece on the design
    -From a narrative angle in the planned story of the aforementioned fighting game, she serves as the heaviest hitter of her side in the conflict, making her faction of 4 (Since Rider has fucked off to the moon) to contest with the opposing 7, and 3 third parties for the large part of the war.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    If you asked a scholar what modern fantasy is, they would probably respond with an amalgam of tropes, time lines and inspirations.

One ring to rule them all,

The master was breathing heavily as they stared down the monsters that continued to crall forth from the very woodwork as they surged towards the group. “Mashu, Lancer, are you okay to fight?” They questioned, receiving a solemn nod from both. Servants they may be, even they would begin to tire at the endless waves they seemed to be facing. As both prepared another voice called out from above.

“Apologies for the late arrival, but would you mind if I lent a hand? Or several?” Accompanying those words was a barrage of arrows that felled a number of the beasts. All the while, two figures landed on the ground, having probably dropped from the rooftops of the surrounding buildings. The one who landed near them quickly brought an old fashioned rifle to bear, firing into the hoard.

The other cut through the beasts with a pair of blades, a sword and a dag- nope. That was a broken sword. Flashes of ethereal light surrounded the area he moved in, as he simply seemed to teleport back and forth and dodge around the attacks. These two, Archer and Saber maybe, alongside Mashu and Lancer quickly cut through the threat.

The Archer holstered the rifle, and nodded towards the Saber. “Thank you Talion, that’ll be all for now.” Stated the man before waving his hand and causing the Saber, Talion, to disappear. Turning to the man, they were met with a calm face and a small smile.

“You must be the master of Chaldea. I am glad to make your acquaintance. I’m Caster —”

In the end, there would be no singular conclusion that is universally agreed upon.

One ring to form them,

The master glanced down at the clothes they had just been handed and the ring, back up to Caster. Before they could voice their question, Caster began to answer it. “We talked about the rules of this distortion a bit already, but I didn’t mention one thing. The rules are temperamental out here. In there? They are absolute.” Caster stated, pointing at the gates of Disneyland, and at his phantom familiars that were entering to scout ahead.

“While the clothes are to give you some spells that can upend the functions, and so are optional, the ring isn’t. Go in there without it, and you lose your complexity. Stop being human and start being HUMAN.” Stated the Englishman, placing a hand on the master's shoulder.

“So please, wear the ring, because that world needs a human to save it.”

However, what if you asked a magus, especially one of the Department of Creation?

One ring to bring them all,

“This is taking too long. They know we’re here and they’re taking the time to prepare. We gotta go soon.” Exclaimed Lancer, pacing hurriedly within the little hobbit hole the team found themselves in.

“We can’t because then the plan won’t work. Plus, we have a counter for that. You should know, you came up with it.” Replied Saber, taking the time to relax as he played with the wrappings that covered their greatest weapon.

Lancer stalled, huffing as he responded. “I know that, but are we sure that he is strong enough to hold all of them back long enough? There's a ridiculous number of monsters in this world.”

Saber nodded in agreement to the later part. “I know, but I have Avengers memories. I know how strong he is. It’ll work. Maybe even too well.” The knight responded, before turning to look at Caster. The servant of the spell’s hands were a blur as he turned the pages of the various reference books that surrounded him. All in the purpose of crafting the final piece of the puzzle.

Well, they too would have a long, convoluted response, but the difference is they have a universally agreed upon conclusion. Post

They were stunned. They’d done it! Ruler was no more and the false world of Disneyland was beginning to fray.

Yet, standing in the hole that used to be the grand entrance way to the throne room, was the very thing they’d used to hold back the combined might of all the VALIANT DEFENDERs. Saber was right, it worked far too well. It didn’t even look damaged!

“You couldn’t be settled with defeating us as a whole, could you. Had to hunt us all down to oblivion. Well, if I must fall to the void, so will you!” stated the figure who emerged from the shadow of the throne. The being that had caused this all. Dantalion.

Cloaked in black ribbons of physical shadow weaved into a kingly robe, the many faces of the demon stared them down. The jewels that made up the outline of his skeletal wings glowed and his grey flesh rippled before he vanished and reappeared near the APOCALYPTIC DRAKE.

The situation was dire, so why weren’t they freaking out more. “Sorry about that master, couldn’t have you losing your head to his manipulations. That’s how we got to this situation to begin with!” Stated Caster as he stepped forward. His form rippled and winked out, leaving behind a wizened professor in the youthful lieutenants place.

“You!” Dantalion exclaimed, taken aback by the man in front of him.

“Me” replied Caster, smiling wide. “I told you this was a horrible idea. A world of black and white? All the beauty would be hidden by the brightness or darkness.” Caster continued as he slowly raised a hand into the air. A hand that was burdened by a single ring.

“Shades of grey may bring complexity, and complexity brings hardship, but the cycle doesn’t end there. From that hardship, the world and humanity make beauty. So let me show you a fragment of what can come from it.” The ring glowed bright, before a roar that shook the world echoed out. A giant, black limb bashed away the roof of the throne room, revealing the giant, gaping maw of a dragon of abyssal black.

“Todays lecture on the need for complexity is given to you by Ancalagon the Black, and -”

J.R.R. Tolkien

Ash Nazg

Singularity: Chessboard Reality Without Complexity: Disneyland
    Date: July 17 1955 A.D.
    Human Foundation Value: –

Class: Caster
    Other Class: N/A
    True Name: John Ronald Reuel Tolkien
    Titles: Father of Modern Fantasy, King of High Fantasy
    Region of Origin: England, United Kingdom

Height: 5’9”
    Weight: 76kg
    Birthday: 3 January
    Dislikes: Expansive government power
    Talents: Language creation, story construction, embarrassing children in his care, codebreaking
    Armaments: Lee-Enfield Rifle and Webley .455 Mark 6 Revolver

Parameters:
    Strength: D
    Endurance: E
    Agility: D
    Mana: B
    Luck: B
    Noble Phantasm: EX

Appearance:

While his true form is an elderly man who has lived a long and full life, he doesn’t think this form is the most suited to battle. To remedy this, he uses a portion of his power to return him to a younger form. It has no effect on his parameters, but it does mentally prepare him for conflict. Even while not in a direct confrontation, he will remain in a younger form as long as he is in enemy territory. He will at least switch from his military uniform to the clothes he’d give a college lecture in.

Personality:
    Tolkien, like any human, is a complex character. However, some traits are far more prominent than others, and they create an eternal cycle in his actions. At heart, Tolkien is an introvert who finds greater solace and comfort in his own mind than in the outside world. However, he is too appreciative of said outside world to ever fully turn inward and develop an otaku personality. Due to this introversion though, one would be surprised that they do not have to clear their entire schedule for a short chat with him.

However, he is by no means abrupt or rude. While an assertive person, who very much has his beliefs and will wear them like a badge of honour, he is always respectful of others and their beliefs, unless they cross into his definition of injustice. At which point, he is quite vocal in his opposition.

This respect for others and their beliefs comes from his fascination with the world and all it contained. He always wished to learn more and would take advantage of the ability to rectify his lack of knowledge that is partially caused by his lack of extensive travel. He does this so he has material for when he turns inwards to spend his time crafting new languages, and by extension characters and worlds. Seriously, this man creates epic fantasy the same way most people breathe.

Unintentionally.

He usually treats his master like a friend. This unravels to mean three things. He is extremely loyal towards them and would sooner let himself die than betray them. He is protective of them due to the trauma that still remains in his psyche from losing so many in the Great War. Finally, he will be a fair bit less respectful towards them and more regularly call them out on things, because they should know he only does it because he cares.

My wish? Hmm… in life I would say ‘to have my friends back’, but I’m a bit late for that to mean much. I might say for the War to never have happened, but it changed too much. I’ll settle on the wish I tried to carry out in life, sharing my creations with the world.

Relationships:
    Edison: I don't hate him, I just don’t like what he personifies. Industrialization takes the beauty of the world away from us.

Lakshmibai: She suffered because hands reached further than they ever should have. I feel sorry for her.

William Shakespeare: He is quite over the top, isn’t he? Despite that, I still respect him and what he did for language. Helps that I am certain I would mirror him if I was more extroverted.

Hans Christian Andersen: I struggle to believe that one of the great three is such a bitter wretch, but the proof stands before me.

Beowulf: Ah… well. I won’t walk back my position on the meaning of his tale, but I’ll admit telling people to disregard the fantastical elements was… incorrect.

Red Riding Hood(And others in my fairytale series): What?! Those two were right!? Oh my, guess I owe them an apology.

Chaldea: You know, I dreamt of something similar to this in life? It is incredibly heartwarming to see it be a reality.

Servants Foreign to the UK: Ah, I hope to get a chance to speak with them a bit. So many cultures I know so little about…

Class Skills:
    Territory Creation: B+
    The skill of a servant to create an area that is advantageous to themselves, although the type of advantage depends on the servant. For Tolkien, this advantage relates to a region that is mentally stimulating to him in some fashion. At this rank, he is capable of making a region worthy of the designation workshop. The chances of him actually crafting one that fits the definition too is miniscule.

Through usage of his Noble Phantasm, he will construct an area that is inspired by part of his own past, by someone else's, or one of his worlds. This feeds into his other Phantasm, making it far easier to come up with new, complex works. Due to its method of creation, Tolkien receives a modifier for his speed of assembly and disassembly.

Middle Earth came from my view on the lands I knew and loved. I wonder what these new lands will inspire?

Item Construction: -
    Due to the presence of the Enchant skill, it has supplanted Item Construction in Tolkien’s array of abilities.

Personal Skills:
    Living Legacy: D
    A skill that represents the, admittedly modern, concept of a media franchise, or literary universe. It is an ability that gives the original creator access to the works of those that came after them. A postmortem dividend, if you will.

While Tolkien has an impressive number of works set in his world of Arda, many that came into public access after his death, the vast majority were created during his lifetime, by him. While they are included in this skill, its rank is determined by how many works are connected to the worlds, and weren’t made by the creator. And for Tolkien, that is a small amount compared to some others.

…just as I was surprised when the world loved my stories, I am surprised that the world added to my stories.

Enchant: C+
    The skill that governs the endowment of concepts into items, most commonly weapons. Despite his literary might and fame, Tolkien possesses a lower rank of this skill due to the majority of his writing being fantasy. The reason this is a problem is due to Tolkien’s conceptualization, nay, his conceptual achievement of rendering fantasy as the interaction between human imagination and human language, removing reality from the equation.

This leaves Caster with only his works involving reality and fictions other than his own. This is represented by his level in this skill. At this rank, Caster is capable of imbuing power into items, going so far as pushing the highest tier of items, those with a great history already, to the level of a Noble Phantasm of the E rank.

The modifier finds its bases in Tolkien’s style of writing. Due to his descriptive nature and flowery language, he is capable of increasing the efficiency of the traits he imbues, allowing for effects that would require the power of a D rank Phantasm to be achieved with less.

I am no stranger to the power of language. I’ve known it since I was a child! This is just one more facet. The pen is mightier than the sword indeed.

Veteran: B
    While his normal body is that of his younger days, this is an effect created by usage of his Noble Phantasm. In truth, his body, and specifically mind for the purpose of this skill, are that of his last years. This being the mind of someone who overcame the horrors of the great war, he is capable of helping stabilise the mind of his master.

Tolkien likes to aid this skill by externalising his usually very internal thought process for his languages, characters and worlds to help distract his master. He is aware that it doesn’t actually aid anything, but for his friend? He’ll even go for a placebo.

…and so if we take that assumption across the board, the rules would become i for the preposition of, such as Katakar i Vakten for Katakar of Vakten, and ie for the preposition from…

Familiar(Phantoms): E
    Tolkien is capable of using the phantoms of his characters as familiars for searching purposes. Their combative power is zero, and their most useful trait is their ability to be intangible and invisible to non-magical detection. Furthermore, their power is so low, they are also able to pass under the radar of magical detection. Their greatest weakness is that they have to return to him for orders and interpret it as the character would.

My, I feel like I’m a Lieutenant again, ordering men around and trying to figure out exactly what they think I said.

High-Speed Incantation: C
    Whilst this skill is usually the ability to cast the verbal component of a spell at an accelerated speed, as an author, Tolkien uses it to increase the rate at which he can design new stories, or to be specific, languages that he creates stories around. While this does affect his writing speed directly, compressing the work of days and even weeks into hours, it mainly boosts his mental capacity to formulate the required components in the first place.

While Tolkien should have a much lower level in this skill, it is greatly boosted by the public perception of his writing. Which, due to the ridiculously close together publications of his major works, while he was still creating academic works, is summarised as: ‘Tolkien must have worked fast! He’d have to spend all his time writing to make this happen otherwise!’

Ah, this is such a helpful ability for me! Why, you ask? Well, it allows me to explore the implications of what I learn from others so much more quickly than before, allowing me to incorporate more than before!

Noble Phantasm

Ash Nazg

Anti-World: EX
    Range: -
    Max Number of Targets: 1

Ash Nazg, or the One Ring in English. A symbol that encapsulates all of Tolkien’s most famous works in the fantasy genre. Fitting that it has become the outward embodiment of the foundational redefinition committed by Tolkien through those works.

This Noble Phantasm grants Caster the ability to engrave a magical foundation into the world around him. This foundation facilitates the creation of Fantasies through the expenditure of Imagination into Language. In practice, this allows Tolkien to use the power of human imagination to bring forth his fictional works to act in the real world.

To activate this process, an aria must be recited. That Arya being:

One Ring to rule them all,
    One Ring to form them,
    One Ring to bring them all,
    Ash Nazg.

After doing this, the process of engraving the foundation would begin. While the time it took could be accelerated through higher energy expenditure, it would usually take about a week to reach full extent. That is about the size of Oxford. He can dispel the foundation and re-engrave it elsewhere if needed, but this dispels everything currently made and has a few more issues.

Caster gains this Imagination through an interaction with Alaya. While, without restrictions, the amount of Imagination would be ever fluctuating, Caster is instead given a constant amount, in exchange for it being much lower.

While the power of what he brings forth is always set at maximum, this impacts the amount of Imagination it takes to keep them in reality. The same amount that would keep A Rider of Rohan around for a few minutes would barely keep The Riders of Rohan in reality for the blink of an eye. Furthermore, things that make them interact more heavily with reality, like being damaged or damaging something else shorten their time of existence. Only twenty examples exist of things that do not need constant upkeep, but they will be covered later.

In the essence, this Phantasm works in a triangle, where one side always suffers. To have many powerful fantasies, you sacrifice the time they can exist. To have a large number around for ages, they cannot be strong. And to have a powerful force around for a while, you can’t have much else.

Sadly, the above only applies to the works contained in Tolkien’s existing works or those attributed to him. Essentially, that which is a part of the foundation from its formation. Yet, Tolkien is capable of creating new works. These new works suffer from the fact that Caster must also ‘prove their connection to Tolkien’ on top of the other factors. The easiest way to do this is having others experience it as a work of Tolkien, and so bring it closer to the foundation.

The reason this is so important is that, unlike fantasies that are part of the foundation, and so can accept all the Imagination without consequence, new works grow brittle when more Imagination is poured into them than they can handle. This can even go so far as for the fantasy to collapse when overfilled to the extreme. The stability level of these also reset if the foundation is dispelled.

However, one boon exists in these creations in that, as they are not true Tolkien according to the foundation, they can be overlaid on reality. In doing so, adding their properties to that of which it overlaps.

Finally, we can address the exceptions. They are the concept of the twenty other rings of power. Not the rings themselves, just as Ash Nazg is not truly the one ring, but the idea that they are subordinate rings of the one ring. This subordinate status allows them to access the fantasies in the foundation, and possess their own cap on Imagination available. This cap is percentile, and while all may be available, there is a hierarchy of priority and the total drawn may never be over 49%.
    Priority Level(Number): Accessible Percentage
    Top Priority(1): 40%
    Second Priority(3): 16%
    Third Priority(7): 7%
    Last Priority(9): 3%

Explain Ash Nazg? Well, alright. I’d compare it to a library that could begin building wherever I want it, with my fictions being the books in stock. My ring is the library pass, with credit that allows me to take some books home to peruse. The other ninetee- I mean twenty rings are subsidiary passes that work of my own credit. The works I make now? Books that are being troublesome in the filing system, where the library is constantly calling you about them, and sometimes needs you to return them early. And all the progress they make is rendered null when I decide to move outside its service area.

Lore
    The Faculty of Valuay has a very short list of creators it holds special contempt for. However, one individual in particular is an object of near universal hatred, despite his recent existence. A soul with an overactive Origin of Language, whose work redefined fantasy, and in doing so stripped a common practice of all its power. J.R.R. Tolkien.

John Ronald Reuel Tolkien was born on January 3, 1892, in present-day South Africa to parents Arthur and Mabel Tolkien. While his mother, brother and himself were in England on vacation, his father passed away, leaving the family with no financial support. Due to this, Mabel chose to remain in England with her family rather than return. These lands that he grew up in would later come to be part of the inspiration for the landscapes featured in his works.

Thanks to the peculiarity of his soul, Tolkien learned to read and write fluently by the age of four and was an avid learner. His interest in languages could be described as borderline terrifying, and learned the foundations of Latin at a very young age. Furthermore, he even began to write his own stories and read the works of others. An important occurrence in this time was Tolkien reading the books of Andrew Lang. This formed his first interests in the origin of the fantasy genre. He also had an interest in botany that he shared with his mother and, after her death, made sure to forever hold close.

With the tragedy of his mothers death leaving them guardian less, he and his brother were sent to live with a trusted friend, Father Francis, who raised them as Roman Catholics at his mother’s request. It was also after coming into Father Francis' care that he encountered his first constructed language, Animalic. It was created by his cousins Mary and Marjorie Incledon, however they quickly lost interest.

Tolkien, didn’t. In fact, it was the opposite. He was so enamored with it that he went on to invent a new language of greater complexity with a bit of help. This language was called Nevbosh. Driven by this interest, he would learn Esperanto and write the Book of Foxrook, which contained his first self constructed alphabet. From a mystical context, this work has another achievement. The first time that, through his imagination and skill in writing, his Origin imbued his words with power.

Tolkien fell in love with Edith Mary Bratt as a teenager but was forbidden from contacting her until he turned 21 because Father Francis believed their romance would affect his education. This was actually accurate, as the tensions caused by her protestant background and Father Francis caused Tolkien to mess up in his exams.

With an inhuman drive, inspired by his want to be with the woman he loved and the resonance of what he studied, that being English language and literature. Graduating with first class honours from Oxford’s Exeter College, he turned to pursue his love. Writing a letter and driving all his skill into it, his Origin once more affected the words and further imbued them with both power, and the contents of his mind. One could say that the letter became a manifestation of every drop of his love for her by the end.

Despite, as he would later find out, almost losing her to another man, the letter did its job perfectly. They married during World War I, and he enlisted for service as a second lieutenant shortly after their wedding in 1916. This last part may have impacted why there was so little bad blood left between the other man and Tolkien.

Much of his time in the military was spent in France as part of the 11th service battalion Lancashire Fusiliers. Working as a signal officer, he mainly found himself serving alongside the working class men under his command. While the rigours of military protocol prevented him from forming close relationships, he grew to feel an affinity with these men. The comes heavily from the ingenuity, creativity and imagination these men displayed in trying to follow the military doctrine of ‘hurry up and wait’ in the stressful environment.

He was involved in the Battle of the Somme and was placed at risk of death a number of times. In the end though, he was saved from such an unfortunate fate by the least likely ally. Lice. Specifically, he contracted trench foot and was sent back to England, surviving the war. However, he was a lucky one among his friends, with many of them losing their lives in the war. Truly, he probably would have joined them in death if he had remained much longer, as most of his battalion was wiped out in short order.

After his return, he spent a brief stint working at the Oxford English Dictionary. Despite his relatively short time spent here, less than three percent of his overall lifetime, Tolkien claimed he learned more in those two years than any other two years in his life. This is because of a sentiment that was formed here, one he would go on to partially publish in ‘On Fairy-Stories’ and can be summarised as this:

Fantasy is the interaction between human imagination and human language. Nothing more, nothing less. The inspirations effects on the process were null and void in a direct context, and only mattered, somewhat, in the indirect.

While he would go on to have an impressive career in academia, writing a number of works that would become course standards, the most important one for the existence of this servant, is the four first published works in middle earth. Each work he made were projects of his very soul, and the ultimate examples of his skill in the manipulation of language. All the while, his Origin poured thousands of concepts into his work.

Chief among them his opinion on the fantasy genre.

Each work used the power conferred upon them to become a pillar that separated the fantasy of the past from the now, acting upon the work left behind by others and the waves Tolkien had already made through the influence he had on the works of others and his own prior publications.

However, the effect wasn’t immediate, and if more stability had not been added to these pillars, it would have all come tumbling down. Had the publication gone like Tolkien expected, they would have. Yet despite writing them for himself, expecting little of their eventual release, his skill with words had other ideas. And so Tolkien created modern fantasy.

However, to truly understand the meaning of this event, we have to also explain why he is hated by the Department of Creation.

The Department of Creation focuses its research into magecraft in artistry, and while some of those artists focused on written works, the use of literature was widespread. This was because of a process that had been discovered that allowed mages to increase the stability of a product without decreasing the mystery through an abuse of the stabilising effect of knowledge.

By creating works that featured their creations, and used their properties, functions or effects as major themes of the story, mages could stabilise the foundation and formulas of the creation. And through including other themes and using misdirecting plots, they could ensure a minimal to no loss of mystery for the work. While this procedure had been weakened by things like the printing press, reducing the inherent mystery of written works by reducing their rarity, it was still in major use. While it was used by many mages, it was most pervasive in the Faculty of Valuay.

Good examples would be things like:
    The woodcutter's tale: What would be a simple but efficient way of stabilising a tool.
    The Picture of Dorian Gray: A more intricate defense for a useful piece.
    The Jabberwocky: A masterwork of the process, used to stabilise a major, usually research defining creation.

It was effective due to the foundation of the fantasy genre putting heavy import on the influencing factors. However, when Tolkien redefined how the world saw fantasy, the effect of the process quickly dropped, until it was useless. The event caused a witch hunt in the Department, but by the time they found the one responsible, it was too late. The Department of Policies prevented them from exacting their desired revenge, and Tolkien was able to live the rest of his life, and pass away, in peace.

In the end, he was able to steal a basic tool of Valuay, re-forge it anew so it could never serve its old purpose, and hand it to Norwich, and walk away scot free.

Developer Notes:
    The origins of this sheet can probably be drawn back to an old sheet idea, Baron Kelvin, that was in the same line as Tesla. However, I thought that doing a sheet that would feel like ‘Tesla, but temperature’ was boring. So instead, I wondered what would happen if it was an ethereal concept that someone stripped of mystery. Que memories of J.R.R. Tolkien’s ‘On Fairy Tales’ and his work with Beowulf(although this one isn’t mentioned in the sheet). And so you get the man who ripped Fantasy from the claws of Mystery, and gave it to Humanity.

However, to further differentiate it, I heavily pushed an idea that came about when researching in the same place that helped me solidify his personality. Letter 165 of The letters of J.R.R. Tolkien. In it, the idea that the world of Arda, his momentous stories, were all made just to show off the language he created. He created the books that can be described as the start of modern fantasy, the books that destroyed an entire foundation of mystery in Type-Moon, to show off a language. The man fucking handed Fantasy to Humanity so they’d listen to his Elvish!

Seriously, mages better be happy he only stripped mystery from fantasy and not language as a whole. The Clocktower might actually allow the Department of Creation to have their way if that was the case. Seriously when the list of articles devoted to breaking down your language is 53 examples long, and work is still ongoing… yeah.

A discarded idea for Tolkien was the idea that his works are an allegory for the events of the Age of Fairies, since he imagined the events happening in Earth’s past, but that was decided to be antithetical to my primary theme.

With this I also tried to bring the servant's personality through it a bit. Kinda failed there. Only so much I can do with the servants talking to themselves, and I have 0 ideas how best to write the Protagonists side. They have a personality, I just haven’t read enough of the manga adaptations to know what that personality is.

When choosing his skills, a lot of my decisions came from the abilities of magic rings. The familiars are the Djinn of some middle eastern tales, with their abilities being the common invisible trait mixed with a concept for ‘can’t kill’. Kinda hard to hurt that which is a construct/intangible. The wisdom of Solomon's rings became Veteran. Finally, enchantment again came from Solomon. Specifically the idea his rings possessed the emblem to seal genies(powers) into bottles(objects).

As for that, I am aware that Enchant and Familiars seem useless with the existence of Ash Nazg, but their bonus is that they can be used when the foundation is inactive, and go outside the radius of said foundation.

Sheet Comments:
    Ratatoskr: Honestly, I really like the Ratatoskr sheet. The personality is really funny and all the skills apply quite well. Furthermore, the overall concept for the situation that is going on in Lostbelt 7.5 is intriguing. Plus, it kinda ties off the Odin involvement that keeps popping up in a sensible fashion. However...No Raphtalia Faceclaim, so 0/10
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAH THE GOAT IS HERE!
    Fuckin love this dude, good shit

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Sheet Comments:
    Thank you, and I think your JRR sheet is wonderfully cohesive and executed. It's nice to see it, given how I've thought for the longest time that Tolkien would fit right into canon with the other writer Servants, were it not for his modernity (can be written around, dependingly) and how his works are yet to be public domain and legally open to the kind of remixing that we like to see realized in our beloved chuuni animu fanfics.

So, yeah, more than happy to see it, to see him.

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    IRUN Rider: beautifully written servant, interesting setting, i would like to see more of you again. I am not convinced of her being a Grand tho
    Thank you kindly, as well. Coming from you, that means a lot to me, as you're a sheet-maker I look up to (not that the CASmmunity isn't in a constant state of collectively drowning in talent, because it absolutely is).

In the original concept—i.e. the literal dream I had—she wasn't a Grand. However, due to the severity of the circumstances, with Rataoskr!Yggdrasil being a mere stage upon which a short play of momentary stasis is playing out, with (YOU) being the last living human and remnant of the Human Order, I felt it fit the "last hurrah" ethos of the story; a penultimate Grand to be used against a penultimate Beast. I'd make it so that Alaya's Observant-Ratatoskr wouldn't be a Grand Rider yet, during the majority of the story, but a Grand Candidate, and able to ascend to proper Grandhood through a self-sacrificial boon likely brought on by one last quite-involved scheme from Odin (who'd, in RatYgg, be a projected copy ofi.e that one science-fiction trope of one's A.I. copy acting on their behalf long after their death said god).

My defense regardless, I'm grateful it went over well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    Lancer of the Phantom Isle
    I am detecting high amounts of S O V L from this original faceclaim. She looks fun. I'd sub her.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Thank you kindly, as well. Coming from you, that means a lot to me, as you're a sheet-maker I look up to (not that the CASmmunity isn't in a constant state of collectively drowning in talent, because it absolutely is).

In the original concept—i.e. the literal dream I had—she wasn't a Grand. However, due to the severity of the circumstances, with Rataoskr!Yggdrasil being a mere stage upon which a short play of momentary stasis is playing out, with (YOU) being the last living human and remnant of the Human Order, I felt it fit the "last hurrah" ethos of the story; a penultimate Grand to be used against a penultimate Beast. I'd make it so that Alaya's Observant-Ratatoskr wouldn't be a Grand Rider yet, during the majority of the story, but a Grand Candidate, and able to ascend to proper Grandhood through a self-sacrificial boon likely brought on by one last quite-involved scheme from Odin (who'd, in RatYgg, be a projected copy ofi.e that one science-fiction trope of one's A.I. copy acting on their behalf long after their death said god).

My defense regardless, I'm grateful it went over well.
    aww thank you. It feels weird hearing that because i have a strong sense of seniority. Before i made an account here, the first thread i explored was the Singularity/LB thread and you were literally one of the first users here i read and recognized by name and style of writing. Feels good to be recognized by the people that showed me 'how its done' without ever having interacted with each other.

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Name: Sumeramikoto
    Class: Saber
    Origin: Japanese Mythology/Historical Record
    Alternate Classes: Archer, Lancer, Rider, Caster

STR: A+
    END: A
    AGI: A
    MAG: B
    LCK: D

The name of the First Emperor of Japan, Jimmu, before she became such. Although the god Ninigi was tasked with bringing order to the land and safeguard mankind by Amaterasu, such task would end up falling unto Sumeramikoto's hands as Nigini was stripped of his divinity and could not finish the task within a human's lifespan and power.

And so the story unfolds, traveling with Itsuse no Mikoto, losing him to Nagasunehiko, receiving the guidance of Yatagarasu, channeling the power of the sun and defeating Nagasunehiko and Abihiko alongside obtaining the loyalty of Nigihayahi, a fellow follower of the Takamagahara Gods and the following eradication of several tribes and non-human and establishment of the Royal Throne connecting the humans and gods by the mixed blood of Heaven and Earth

Sumeramikoto is a regression to the younger days where her warrior spirit burned brightly and roared loudly, to be a Demi-god in such times was to be challenged left and right, be it from fellow humans, foul youkais, intervening in the ever clashing nature of the Kunitsukami and Amatsukamis and many other deeds.

As to why the other manifestations of Jimmu does not bear this armor. She explains that it's a mysterious material found in the sea, monsters and gods alike avoided it for some reason and no matter how many purifications it underwent the Gods not once manifested or admonished any human who called their name to deal with such things. Curious Sumeramikoto took to the material and spend months away hammering at it, silence from the gods, jealousy from the youkai, jeers from humans. Their opnion mattered not, the secrets within the armor were too tempting and would certainly be proven to be useful one day

"SETTSU ARMOR KUMANO LAU-....Well I never managed to complete it but Yatagarsu fused with me and I got this neat suit of armor. Like a Proto-Kumano or some such....Man why did I abandon such a cool thing again?!"

Skills

Magic Resistance (A+): The most blessed of bloodlines accompanied by a life of constant conflict. One who lived a perpetual wartime as such her body is always primed for combat and the excessive amount of experience inflicted upon her skin, developed into a body that wouldn't lose even to a war deity

Riding (A+): She - who receives the acknowledgement of Royalty from Amaterasu herself - can freely handle all vehicles and beasts, including the Three Legged Crow and the Dragonfly Island (Japan itself, what logic does this girl posses?). However, the Dragon Kind cannot be mounted

Personal Skills
    Divine Might of the God-Warrior (EX): The imperial way to live since a young age, a tyrannical attitude that shafted under the authority of the Earthly Gods and their Youkai Servants and the apathy of the Heavenly Gods, her relationship is not as bad as the King of the Heroes but in return she cares little for her ancestors. True strength was found within the crimson steel and the pulped corpse of her enemies and the sunshine becomes acknowledgement of her right. Under the sun victory is guaranteed, "I am invincible you morons!". Skill given due to the lack of the Imperial Regalia

Red Sun (A): Flashes of the life of a certain red armored warrior whose body burned hot with a warrior soul even thought he was nothing but metal. The worship of humans, their efforts, their fear, their rage. He too would learn, emulate and develop such spirit as well and against the Darkness of a Distant Star he roared and fought with all of his might, even in defeat his spirit shone brightly that even the Darkness acknowledged and honored such bravado by promising to remember him forever. For Sumeramikoto the lesson was clear. There is a world beyond the Gods, she might not see it, but perhaps one day her descendants will. To travel the sea of stars as the warrior once did and partake all of it's beauty under their own power. What a wonderful dream

Defiant Roar (B): Heaven, Hell, Curses, Blessings, all matters not, gather your anger, gather your courage and roar with all your might! Make the world shake with your defiance! Those of before will surpassed by those of today! The future is ours! The maddened desire for the uncertain future, one who gambled everything for the sake of an uncertain future, to clash and slaughter only to invite instability and turmoil, to do nothing but pass the sword and a world of troubles to her child and their children as well. Chaos breaks all order and all sorts of effects are invited and made possible, Sumeramikoto has no control over those. A roar that beacons not the chaos stirred by Izanagi and Izanami but the chaos within every human soul that distorts the world

Noble Phantasm

Futsuno Mitama- Mine Soul Become a Volcano
    Anti-Army
    Rank A+
    On the Jinmu tosei (Eastern expedition of the Emperor Jinmu), when she failed to kill Nagasunehiko and was beleaguered in the Mount Kumano, Takakuraji presented the Futsuno Mitama sword to the her, a gift from the gods was what he said. The spiritual power of the sword awakened the army from the poisonous air and revived them to win the war, so it is said that the sword was very useful in the conquest of the Yamato Province.

A simple husk of iron whose only purpose is being unbelievably tough. Tough enough to survive Sumeramikoto's berserker fighting and her rampaging magical energy, however when she reigns in her bloodlust and fights for other reasons than simple duty or entertainment the blade enters in conjunction with her armor and becomes a pillar of light. A burning light that razes and demolishes all in it's way, poisons, darkness, malice, curses, illnesses, all is done away with a swing of the blade

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar
    I'm gonna take a gander and guess that the material is part of Ares' Aletheia? My friends in discord mentioned that some of his Aletheia was blown to Japan.

Blog Entries
    Sumeramikoto: So, this is the guy who probably inspired fate's 700BC end for the age of gods. Good to know. On the topic of the actual sheet, I'm divided. On the one hand I'm uncertain about the insanely high ranks and I'm uncertain about the effects of some of the skills due to the flavor text. On the other, the importance of the woman can't really be understated with all the things that the mythology covers, and that flavour text is so much fun I wouldn't want to loose it.

I'll settle with saying this, it is a really fun sheet that has a fun exploration of characters outside Greece interacting with the remains of the Gods of Atlantis. So really well done.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries

Source: Peakpx

Class: Lancer
    Other Classes: N/A
    True Name: Arturo Toscanini
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Place of Origin: Italy (20th Century)

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: C
    MGI: D
    LCK: B
    NP: B

Height: 180cm
    Weight: 120lbs
    Dislikes: Flaws
    Talent: Conducting music
    Natural Enemy: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Male, Weak to Enuma Elish, Humanoid.
    Armament: Conducting batons
    Catalyst: One of his five batons

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance E: He never encountered magic in his life, though due to his summoning as a Lancer he has gained this passive at a miniature rank.

Madness Enhancement D+: A class skill which would normally belong to the Berserker class. However, as a result of his legend being so heavily tied to conducting and the baton, he cannot be summoned outside of the Lancer class, but will always gain this class skill. An obsession with perfection carries through him, though he seems to be conversational and polite. He flies into a rage whenever someone disappoints him.

Personal Skills:

Perfection Embodied B: He achieved a level of acclaim that was unprecedented for a conductor, and which very few other musicians have ever had. This manifests as an aura around him that causes anyone to feel starstruck whenever they see him, manifesting in a brief paralysis.

Eidetic Memory B: His perfect memory merely added to his perfectionism. This causes him to never be able to forget anything. Even if a memory-altering or memory-removing spell that is below B+ rank is used on him, he will merely ignore it effortlessly.

Unity Of Intention B: His philosophy that the entire opera house needed to have united intentions manifesting into a skill. This allows him to focus attention on anything that he wishes. He tends to use this to focus attention on the performance, though he may sometimes use it for any purposes.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Esigo La Perfezioni
    To Me It Is Allegro Con Brio

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 100 meters
    Max Targets: 400

His philosophy of perfectionism, combined with the anecdote that whenever an orchestra was under his baton, they improved. It is passively sublimated into his five batons, causing each strike to be more precise and more likely to hit. When invoked, he snaps his current baton and immediately overcharges his Madness Enhancement, causing him to go into a furious rage at anyone who he sees not being completely perfect. However, this quickly fades away, but all of the corrections he made remain, altering behavior for up to a half-hour.

Lore: Arturo Toscanini was an Italian conductor known for his eidetic memory, perfectionism, and his attention to orchestral detail. He was the music director of the New York Philharmonic and La Scala at different times. He was also known for premiering many pieces. In his time, he was heralded as one of the greatest musicians of all time.

Personality: Strict and obsessed with perfection. If he notices a single slightly out of tune note, or a bow tie that is one degree off, or even a binder with a microscopic bit of paint removed, he will immediately obsess with fixing it, adjusting the bowtie, correcting the performer of the note, or painting or replacing the binder.

Relationships:

Mozart: "Mozart, you were one of the greatest composers of all time, but how could you do that? Your every move is imperfect."

Salieri: "You aren't perfect either, but far better then he was. So how was he more famous? Also, you are missing a feather on your upper right wing."

Nero: "Well... at least you're better then the other one. Now then, let's fix your singing."

Marie Antoinette: "Ah, Marie. Always a pleasure to see you and your perfect singing."

Elizabeth Bathory: "You may even be beyond my capabilities to fix this disaster."

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post

Lancer: the 2nd NP inspired by Records of Ragnarök perhaps?
    A little. I wish I could have been more creative with it, maybe something like the ichor of Aphrodite seeking out enemy Servants after being fired from the tip, immobilizing them for the homing missile of a spear?

Scandinavia has a myth where an asshole fox spirit causes the Aurora

Tamamo was also Loki absolutely fuckin confirmed bros

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    I'm gonna take a gander and guess that the material is part of Ares' Aletheia? My friends in discord mentioned that some of his Aletheia was blown to Japan.
    It's funny how the only reason Japan didn't get Kuroinu'd by the youkai is because Ares crashed nearby and they pillaged his corpse for technology and weaponry. So I went wild with it

- - - Updated - - -

Sumeramikoto: So, this is the guy who probably inspired fate's 700BC end for the age of gods. Good to know. On the topic of the actual sheet, I'm divided. On the one hand I'm uncertain about the insanely high ranks and I'm uncertain about the effects of some of the skills due to the flavor text. On the other, the importance of the woman can't really be understated with all the things that the mythology covers, and that flavour text is so much fun I wouldn't want to loose it.

I'll settle with saying this, it is a really fun sheet that has a fun exploration of characters outside Greece interacting with the remains of the Gods of Atlantis. So really well done.
    Kojinki is a ore-sama thug fox. Sumeramikoto is a ore-sama thug hero thus resonating with Ares. But also growing up into a wise emperor cuz Sumeramikoto isn't a total fuckup like grannie

Blog Entries
    Still have to read stuff but good to have you back, boktai
    And a scandinavian tamamo? Quick, call pinetree, he has a job to do

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死者 Corpse
    hello everyone! this is... my first post, but i've been lurking for a very long time; i'm a history nerd first and foremost, so seeing all the varied influences and inspirations for fanservants is super interesting!! i think i finally got the formatting right on this one lmao; i'd love concrit, and i'll probably be spending a lot of time in "the womb" thread for my other servant ideas that less clearly transliterate into the nasuverse ;0;
    without further ado i bring y'all otouto grandpa!

"I'm here! Saber, grandmaster of the combat arts. You're the one I'm to be teaching, yes?
    ...Fighting myself? Oh, what a bother....""

SABER - FIORE DE'I LIBERI

Class: Saber
    Other Classes: Lancer, Berserker
    True Name: Fiore De’i Liberi
    Place of Origin: Italian Late Medieval Period

Parameters:
    STR: B
    END: C+
    AGI: A+
    MGI: D
    LCK: A
    NP: C

Height: 177cm
    Weight: 70kg
    Likes: Swordplay and well forged steel, Traveling the countryside, Werthers Originals
    Dislikes: Overblown upstarts
    Talent: Instruction
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Humanoid, Male, Weak To Enuma Elish
    Natural Enemy: Miyamoto Musashi
    Catalyst: A fencing treatise

Class Skills:
    Riding B:
    Several of the chapters in Fiore’s treatises address combat on horseback and against riders on horseback, and his skills in keeping a mount calm during fraught combat are commendable.

Magic Resistance D: Fiore trained to fight all sorts of enemies, but only those with martial ability; never having faced a mage in a duel, he has this skill only due to his class container.

Personal Skills:
    Hero Creation: C
    Fiore spent the latter half of his life traveling the world, teaching noble scions to fight and win duels, and protected Italy’s secular nobility even against the powerful church of his age.

Noble Phantasm(s):
    The Standing Army of Aquilea: D
    An Anti-Army Noble Phantasm which embodies the fighting spirit of mercenaries called to the banner of a true Master. Fiore sublimates his allies’ swordplay skills in order to strike at a legion of enemies, rather than utilizing his own.

Fiore Di Battaglia- Witness A True Master At Work: A
    A skill formed from Fiore’s natural talent at combat instruction, and his ability to know the proper counter to an attack merely by observing it. Increases the star absorption rate and critical strength of all allies.

Lore: The author of the earliest surviving Italian martial treatise, De’i Liberi is renowned today for his breadth of knowledge and dedication to the art of combat. Famously a prodigal swordfighter. In his travels across the land that would in time be called Italy, on five occasions he met-- insulted-- and dueled Masters whom he considered beneath his skill. These duels were carried out with sharpened blades and without armor, beyond cloth gambesons and thin leather gloves; Fiore won all five without injury.

Even summoned in the prime of his youth and fighting ability, Fiore retains the hard-wearing and stodgy demeanor of the duel instructor he became later in life.

“All you hooligans and barbarians who call yourselves Sabers— the true mark of mastery is to know swordplay better than you know yourself! Now- prove yourself to me on the field of battle!”
    “Kids these days…”

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Welcome. It’s always fun to have new arrivals. It could use a little more meat on its bone. This sheet feels pretty undercooked. I know this is a pretty obscure figure but you could give him your own take. We could probably help you with expanding this figure in the womb thread.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TQG Imaginatorious's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Another new person! Welcome! But yeah I agree with NINE-lives here it's lacking meat like all of your descriptions are just too short for one. Otherwise, can not wait to see your future posts.

Blog Entries
    Hey! Welcome to the place full of people who have probably looked into history more than they ever thought they would, and made more famous guys wifu's than ever thought possible! What do we have here? A decently obscure figure with the evidence of some really cool thoughts? Great! You'll fit right in.

Being serious, welcome! Great to have you. As Nine and TQG have pointed out, the sheet is lacking in a bit of meat, but it shows some nice promise. You'll find a lot of people here happy to help you improve, so I look forward to seeing you again!