Page 132 of 620 FirstFirst ... 3282122127130131132133134137142182232 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 12385

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Mark Twain: Mark Twain dating sim when?
    I'll be honest. I was expecting a Haley's Comet Watcher reading that intro. Mark Twain was furthest thing from my mind. Not powerful unless with a team, but that was never the measure of a Servant to begin with. I would've probably liked more clarity on whether it's really still him or something else, but there's a charm to the ambiguity. A fun little sheet, all in all.
    Watcher Haley's Comet. Thanks for the idea to add to the list Morg.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Yog View Post
    Watcher Haley's Comet. Thanks for the idea to add to the list Morg.
    I mean, I can't be the first one to think of that, right?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean, I can't be the first one to think of that, right?
    Not at all.

You should fully read the Monthly Contest thread, it's quite fun.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Whilst trawling my files I stumbled across another finished Sheet that I never published...so here it is.
    Eh, it's not quite up to my current standards - especially his personality being too vanilla good guy but I can't be bothered to change it.

-------------------

Ruler

"Perhaps not what you were expecting - a Saint dressed up in armour and brandishing weapons. However consider this young Master, one sword keeps another in its sheath and the necessary sacrifice of one life means others can be maintained."

True Name: Saint Edern
    Epithet: "The Black Knight of the Sparrowhawk"
    Origin: Britain (Arthurian Cycle)
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Hidden Attribute: Heaven
    Dislikes: Arrogance, Pointless Bloodshed
    Talents: Falconry, Jousting
    Natural Enemy: Sir Geraint

Parameters
    STR: (B) END: (B) AGI: (C) MGI: (B) LCK: (C) NP: (B)

Character

Ruler takes the form of Saint Edern, a Celtic hero and knight of Camelot. A man of gentle heart, Edern never saw humans as beings beneath him and instead always felt the need to protect others who cannot protect themselves. It was this attitude that people both praised and criticised as "the passing by do gooder who meddles in other's business". Indeed Edern initially had no desire to become a knight and instead had to be persuaded by Artoria that he could help more people this way. Something he cannot particularly stand is arrogant people, something that formed when his own overconfidence in his abilities cost him the match at a sparrowhawk tournament and Sir Geraint humiliated him for that mistake.

Despite his innocent outlook on life, Edern is by no means naïve and served as an advisor to Artoria on various matters both politically and militarily. Therefore he knows full well that violence is sometimes a necessary tool even if he does not like it. This is reflected in his fighting style whereby he uses his strength and endurance to wear down the opponent and then only deals the fatal blow if it absolutely cannot be avoided. That does not mean he would avoid fighting in a Holy Grail War as jousting was his favourite past-time and he views the War in a similar manner - that of many heroic spirits competing in battle in order to prevent bloodshed among the living.

When it comes to being a "Saint", Edern is all too aware of the irony of being given that title when he is the child of a pagan deity. However, while it might sometimes feel like he is deceiving people as he is not a Christian, Edern does not reject the title as it would feel like betraying the good people who prayed at the churches dedicated to him for almost two millennia. It is for that reason that Edern considers it his responsibility to preform any duties a Saint might be expected of like destroying the heretical Dead Apostles should he encounter them.

His Wish upon the Grail? He does not have one in particular, other than a desire to not see the Holy Grail fall into the wrong hands. He considers this both a virtuous act as well as his responsibility as a Saint - to safeguard holy relics.

Skills

Class Skills

Divinity - (B)

The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. As one of many offspring of the deity Lludd Llaw Eraint and his human consorts, Edern has high amounts of Divinity coursing through his body. The Skill also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called 'purge defence' in proportion to the Divinity's Rank as well as breaking through Skills such as Protection of the Faith and Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig.

Magic Resistance - (B)
    The protection granted against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. As Edern was the mortal son of a Celtic deity as well as was living in an era with witches and dragons roaming about, he naturally has a high immunity built up against magic. At this Rank the Skill will cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if Edern is targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for him to be affected.

Personal Skills

Counsel of the Strategist - (B)
    A Skill given to military-affiliated Servants. As a member of Artoria's Council of Wise Men, Edern would often give advice to the King on various important matters but usually involving the military such as when he advised her during the Saxon invasion and the Gallic conquest to name a few. By grasping and analyzing the situation, correct advice can be given to one's allies whether it's for mid-battle, long term strategies, transportation of goods and so on. The higher the Rank, the better the probability of the advice given being correct even when taking in unforeseen factors.

Guardian Knight - (B)
    A rare trait that grants the Servant a temporary attribute bonus if acting in the defence of others. Both before and after becoming a knight, Edern would throw himself into danger if it meant helping those unable to save themselves to the point where he had a reputation as a passing by meddler. Indeed, his greatest quest came when Queen Guinevere was abducted under his watch by the evil knight Brun of Morrois and Edern teamed up with Sir Durmant to give chase on horseback and together they tracked him and and rescued the Queen. As a result of this, when fighting to protect another person (whether his Master or otherwise), Edern will gain a Plus Modifier to his physical Parameters for a short burst of time.

Saint - (D)
    The proof of one being acknowledged as a Saint. Due to his habit of saving people and then departing whilst only leaving his name, Edern became worshipped as a minor Saint by the growing Christian community in Wales - something Edern notes with irony because of his father being a pagan Deity. Now when he is summoned in a Holy Grail War, Edern is allowed to select a bonus Holy ability to be blessed with. However as he is not a Christian himself, things like powering up sacraments or holy shrouds would be useless to him. Therefore the only power feasible ability he can choose is "Automatic HP Recovery" which gradually heals minor wounds immediately and even during battle.

Noble Phantasm

Spearhafoc
    Knight of the Sparrowhawk

[Type: Anti-Unit], [Rank: C], [Maximum Range: 1500 Metres], [Maximum Number of Targets: 1]

Hunting birds were priceless in Celtic society and few were worth more than the sparrowhawk. It was offered as the first prize at a jousting tournament in Cardiff every year and Edern had won it many times which earnt him his nickname. But Spearhafoc is no ordinary bird - bred during the age of magic and dragons it is far larger, can fly faster than an eagle and its talons can dig into steel.

Now as a Servant, Edern's faithful companion accompanies him once again. Spearhafoc's main duty in a Holy Grail War is to preform reconnaissance for Edern, using it's great vision to spot out any suspicious people as if they were prey. One of Edern's gifts from his divine lineage is to bond with his companion animal and so he can see and hear what Spearhafoc can which allows for information to be seamlessly relayed back and forth.

While Servants are considerably different from the wild beasts that Spearhafoc used to help kill during hunting expeditions, he can still assist Edern in a number of ways during combat. He can grab Edern's Master and pull them out of danger, he can serve as a distraction to give Edern some breathing room and he can even latch onto Edern's back to act as a glider allowing him to ride on the air currents for transportation. The possibilities are endless...

----

Marchog Du
    Sable Armour of Avalon

[Type: Anti-Unit], [Rank: B], [Maximum Range: N/A], [Maximum Number of Targets: 1]

Edern was always identifiable for the distinctive jet black armour he always wore, which gave off an otherworldly aura - and for good reason too as it was a gift from his uncle, the Blacksmith deity Gofannon who crafted it for when the gods wanted to adventure in the world of humans without revealing their true nature.

As a result, the armour's passive effect is to obscure the wearer's identity as much as possible (even from one's Master). Edern's basic Parameters and Class Skills can be discerned, but status information pertaining to his personality and True Name as a Heroic Spirit, Personal Skills, and data on his Noble Phantasms are completely hidden and cannot be read - even if one is familiar with Edern so long as there is doubt as to his identity in the observer's mind. The concealment of his data will continue until the armour is willingly taken off or damaged beyond repair.

But the true power of the black armour is how it makes its wearer seemingly invincible. Sir Geraint was baffled in their duel how to defeat Edern when both his lance and sword kept bouncing off of the black knight before eventually shattering when he kept trying to use them. In reality what happens is that the armour absorbs the vibrations of objects that come into contact with it and can redirect them to the user's liking. Most of the time attacks will have their vibrations harmlessly redirected downwards into the ground but if Edern can time it right, he can redirect attacks back into the opponent's weapon or body (depending what they are attack with) in order to deal them damage and/or break their weapon. This is difficult however as if Edern misses the timing then his armour will take serious damage. The armour also is not indestructible and so high powered Noble Phantasms that are unleashed like Excalibur can overwhelm it, as well as non-physical attacks like curses can simply bypass it. In addition, the armour's other weakness is that it requires physical contact somewhere to conduct the vibrations into so if Edern is in places like mid-air or underwater then his armour is no better than an ordinary knight's.

Lore

Edern was one of several children born to the legendary hero and King, Lludd Llaw Eraint. Unlike his older brother Gwyn, Edern chose not to become a knight in the service of the newly crowned King Arthur, instead he became an errant wanderer travelling the country to expand his horizons until he eventually became the bodyguard of a beautiful maiden. One day whilst on the road, the pair come across Queen Guinevere who asks her faithful knight Sir Geraint to discover the identity of the mysterious masked Edern. Geraint follows Edern to Cardiff and enters the same jousting tournament as him, only narrowly defeating Edern the finals as well.

In exchange for his life, Edern promised to travel to Artoria's court and enlist as a Knight of the Round Table where his wounds were treated by the Court Physician, Morgan le Fay. However Artoria was faced with a problem as although Edern was decently strong, he was the opposite of the bloodthirsty warrior that his brother Gywn was and so was ill-suited to be part of the Round Table. Instead Artoria greatly valued Edern's wisdom and decided to put him on her Council of "Wise Men" (Witan) who would advise her on various matters before important decisions.

Thus the days past with Edern giving his advice, in particular he was made a General of Strategy, aiding the troops in both the Saxon Invasion and Artoria's conquest of the Gallic lands. Both times Edern was noticed for his otherworldly black armour that stood out among the knights' more shining mail. However the glory could not last as the tragic events of the Battle of Camlann occurred and Edern was one of the knights left to mourn Artoria's death. Whereas his brother went along with Artoria to Avalon, Edern sought neither the illustrious Otherworld nor the crown of Britain that he had a rightful claim to. Instead he chose to return to his roots as a wanderer, helping those he came across in need. It was in this guise that he became known and worshipped as "Saint Edern" by the people he saved. What became of him? Perhaps at the end of his life he decided to join his King in resting on the Isle of Avalon...

Relationships
    Artoria - "I always wondered, had I given you better advice or if I had been a warrior like the others, would the sad outcome you faced remained the same?"

Bedivere - "That silver arm...No it's nothing. For a moment I mistook you for my father."

Fionn mac Cumhaill - "Now that you mention it, I can definitely see the resemblance between you and my brother. How very uncanny."

Galahad - "Of all the people in Arthur's retinue it really should have been you that became a Saint, and not me."

Gray - "That scythe of yours. It was made by Morgan wasn't it? There's no way I'd mistake her handiwork. "

Gregorius/Jeanne/Martha - "Hmm...yes, being in the presence of the real thing makes me realise just how amazing Saints really are."

Merlin - "Huh, you say that your real body is still trapped in a strange tower in Avalon? Very well, once this is over I'll speak to my brother about freeing you."

Vortigern - "It is my duty to stand in your way. After all, if it wasn't for my father you would never have gotten your hands on the blood of the White Dragon. I must atone for his mistake!"

Creator's Notes

It was only natural that my first (Future Skull edit: "Not anymore lol") Ruler Servant would be a Saint from the Arthurian mythos. Feels a bit weird to not have a super offensive based Noble Phantasm in his set, but I think it serves the characterisation better than not.

The FaceClaim is Bern Bannings AKA "The Black Knight" from the '80s Isekai Anime "Aura Battler Dunbine". Although the personality stems more from Tsukasa Kadoya what with the whole "just a passing through knight" thing.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    still decent for an old sheet. how old is it?

I took a look at my old "sheets" back when i started my interest in the Fateverse. It should be around a year ago I started doing stuff, long before i found this forum. And btw in 4 days it is my half-year anniversary here Out of nostalgia I looked up my baby steps. (Edit: Nope, I am dumb, 7 months already then)

Idk how I did this, I think i randomly looked up a skill from arthuria, but instead clicked Invisible Air: Barrier of the Wind King and thought, "well okay, that is how they name skills".
    I basically made a dozen sheets for gods in that style, looking like they all have several NP.
    The first I am looking at has 3 divine constructs as possible weapons, so basically 3 NP, i at least got the Class Skills somewhat right, perhaps from a later attempt of reworking, three Personal skills that are treated like NP's as well and then two regular NP on top of it. It will be one hell of a mess to recycle my first attempts now that i see them again. KEKW
    Last edited by DelRey; March 23rd, 2021 at 10:14 AM.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Hey Skull, is there a reason Edern doesn't have True Name Discernment or God's Resolution (or the requisite alternatives)? Feels kinda weird for a Ruler to lack his Class Skills.

Blog Entries
    Edern: How dare! How dare you pull something like this? Really, the audacity!

I can kinda see what you mean by vanilla, but there are vanilla people out there. Not everyone is a deeply complex Rubik's cube. Some people like me are more akin to an overhead maze. We look complicated, but that one path to the end isn't really that hard to find.
    I see you also went the route of having someone give him a identifying object, only you went armor while I did spear. I actually considered giving him Saint, but I would've done E rank, and being a patron saint of two churches and not generally thought of as one made me just put that one aside. I'm also not so sure on Counsel of the Strategist, as his only real listing as commanding an army is that one note for the Battle of Mount Badon, which is the reason I did the Charisma/Strategy combo. Still, it's interesting to see someone else's take even if you can't help but compare them.

Blog Entries
    Master. My name is... No. Something's wrong here. Wait. Did you summon me as a Caster? Why? Why would you do that? Saber, Rider, I'd take Lancer, but Caster? You can't be serious!

Source
    Class: Caster
    Other Classes: Saber
    True Name: Sir Erec/Garaint
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Place of Origin: Britain
    Height: 157 cm.
    Weight: 59 kilo.
    Dislikes: Judgmental people. Rumors.
    Natural Enemy: His Saber self.

Parameters:
    STR: B
    END: C
    AGI: D
    MGI: C
    LCK: C
    NP: A

Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance (EX):
    When he was a child his mother, a powerful sorceress and very distant descendant of Circe named Crisea, enchanted her son in such a way as to make him completely immune to all forms of magic.

Territory Creation (B):
    Caster has the ability to form a “garden”. Within this garden, every herb, fruit, and bird known to mankind exists, alongside the ability to magically diminish the power of anyone within who isn’t Caster.

Item Construction (-):
    This Skill has been lost due to Familiar Creation.

Personal Skills:
    Familiar Creation (A):
    Skill that allows the user to create a familiar and control it from a distance.

Due to the knowledge bestowed by his robe and the power of his scepter, Caster has been given the ability to create any creature that has ever existed as a familiar excluding the highest of Phantasmal Beasts. The amount of familiars he can create at a time is proportionate to the magical power of the creature created.

Against the Odds (A):
    A Skill that increases the user’s Parameters and certain Skills when in a disadvantageous position such as being caught off guard, afflicted with negative effects, forced to fight multiple opponents, or dealt heavy damage in a battle.

Literally almost every battle Caster fought on his adventure had the odds stacked against him. Between fighting two giants at once, multiple opponents ambushing him, or killing an opponent after awakening from unconsciousness while bearing dangerous wounds. For Caster, it increases his Strength and Agility as well as giving him Battle Continuation as high as A rank.

Oblivious (B):
    Let it never be said Erec was a truly discerning individual. Many times, he was chased or hunted by others, completely unknown to himself even as his wife noticed them. He also experienced several times where he could not properly read a situation and even a situation where he couldn’t remember someone he became friends with two days earlier.

This Skill makes him more receptive to effects that deceive the senses and mental interference. It also treats Luck Checks against unknown threats as E rank.

Noble Phantasm:
    Robed in Quadrivium: The Form of All (B)

A multi-colored robe made by four fairies from the pelts of Barbioletes that represented the Quadrivium, meaning the four liberal arts of Geometry, Arithmetic, Music, and Astronomy, given to him as a coronation gift by Arthur.

This robe is one that enhances one’s magical capabilities as well as giving them intricate knowledge of magic and the laws governing it. For one naturally talented in magic, this robe is an extremely potent and powerful tool. For someone like Caster, who was completely unfamiliar with magic before being given the robe, it simply makes him a mage far above most.

Emerald Scepter: Authority Over All Beasts (A)
    Usually manifesting as a sword made completely of emerald, as he’s much more comfortable with it in this form, this is nothing but a very durable sword. It’s true power can only be utilized by its true form: that of a scepter given to him by Arthur.

A divine construct with a head the size of a fist that paradoxically shows every single creature that has ever existed in its full form while also showing none of them, this scepter is what allows him his extremely powerful Familiar Creation Skill, something he can only utilize due to his robe.

Were this scepter in the hands of a powerful magic wielder, it would give them absolute authority over every creature on earth, including humans. This is because it’s actually the scepter Adam was given to signify his authority over all beasts. How Adam lost this scepter and it arrived in the treasury of Camelot is unknown.

Lore
    As handsome as Absalom, matching Solomon in speech, bearing the pride of a lion, and Alexander the Great’s parallel in giving and spending.

Lacking the intelligence of three of those examples.

Erec was the son of King Lac and the protagonist of one of the most well known and earliest Arthurian romances. However, he was also known by the name Geraint, whom some may remember as grievously wounding Edern after Edern’s friend dishonored the queen. We continue from there.

After seeing the queen back to Camelot, he went off to participate in a tournament they’d heard about during their journey. This Sparrowhawk Tournament of Lalut was one that in recent years had a continuous victor. That of Dumart, who many believed to have cheated for his victories.

When he arrived, he found lodging at the home of his future wife Enide. Asking her father’s permission to be accompanied by her due to the tournament requiring all contests arrive with a lady, her father allowed it.

After winning the tournament, Erec, who had always been an impulsive person, quickly fell for the woman, a sentiment she also held. Her father gave her away, saying he’d been waiting for someone like Erec to betroth his daughter to.

Erec, despite spending his life up to that point working as a knight, found himself extremely comfortable spending his time doting on and loving his wife, leading him to neglect his duties as a knight. This reached a head when Erec overheard people lamenting how low he had fallen because of his shirked duties.

Erec, embarrassed about his lowering reputation and by how it must affect his wife, decided he needed to go on an adventure to reclaim it. Originally sneaking away on his own, his wife, far cleverer than he, anticipated this and was waiting for him.

His pride wounded as well, he demanded that, if she was going to travel with him, she not speak to him unless spoken to. Agreeing to the term, Erec and Enide began their journey.

Despite their deal, his wife warned him twice over of groups of knights coming to slay them, much to his chagrin. This ended when Count Galoain was gravely wounded by Erec after a misunderstanding and the Count falling for Edine. The Count realized how foolishly he’d been acting and told his men they were to be let go unharmed.

The next encounter on their journey was Guivret the Little, the dwarf king of Ireland, who challenged Erec to a duel more as a test of skill rather than maliciousness. Still, this battle ended with both men on the verge of death after fighting for six hours without rest after beginning the battle by breaking off their lances’ tips in each other’s intestines. However, Erec was declared the winner when Guivret’s sword broke.

The two, neither of which were doing incredibly at that moment, immediately became friends. Guivret, wanting to treat his new friend’s wounds as well as his own, invited Erec to come stay with him for a time. However, despite the serious nature of his injuries, Erec denied, and he and Enide continued their adventure, Guivret swearing to aid him if he should ever need it.

As they left Guivret’s territory, they came upon a group of Arthur’s knights on a hunting trip. Erec, having the idea to defeat one of them in jousting to force hospitality as he didn’t want to reveal his identity, approached and challenged one of them who looked very familiar.

Edine, however, very concerned for her husband, removed his helmet from behind. Erec barely had time to be indignant before the knight he challenged recognized him.

“You! You’re… Geraint! Yeah! Remember me?”

Erec did remember him. It was Edern. Before he could object, Edern had spirited him into his pavilion, recognizing a dangerously wounded man from experience. Erec insisted on staying only a single night despite his injuries, but Edern took this in stride. Using some ointment he said he’d been given by an extremely competent physician, Edern treated Erec’s wounds, and the man was practically new by the next morning, much to his wife’s pleasure.

Erec’s next achievement was slaying two giants that had kidnapped another knight, a feat that would have been more impressive had he not fallen practically dead after the knight and his lady had left.

Edine was beside herself with grief. Was all this truly necessary? Her husband may not be the smartest knight in Britain, but, for all she cared, he was truly one of the greatest. And now, he was going to die because he wanted to show everyone what she already knew.

However, a local count named Oringle found and brought them to his castle. This fortunate situation quickly turned rotten when the nobleman began making advances on her, believing Erec would not last the night. When she rejected him, firm in her belief Erec would survive, Oringle began assaulting her.

Awakening to her cries despite his injuries, Erec killed the nobleman. Edine then berated her husband for the entirety of the adventure, asking him why it was so important to him. Erec admitted he was afraid she would begin to view him as the others had. Disappointing her in such a way would break his heart, and that was one thing he couldn’t accept.

Edine, moved by her fool of a husband, reaffirmed her love for him, saying there she had never once considered him anything but the picture of chivalric knighthood.

Escaping from the castle and the count’s people, they came upon 1,000 soldiers led by a man with a black spear. Erec, his thinking considerably marred by this point alongside his concern for his wife, challenge the leader to a joust.

This would become the only battle he lost this adventure.

Knocked from his horse and unable to rise, Erec’s opponent approached him, removing his helmet to reveal the same face he saw at the beginning of the day.

“I’m sorry. I… couldn’t resist.”

Apparently, Edern had met with Erec’s new friend Guivret earlier that day. Guivret had foreseen a great danger approaching Erec and was sending his men to support him. Edern asked to go in his place, also stating his friendship with Erec. Guivret, recognizing the craftsmanship of Edern’s spear, had agreed.

Erec was then taken to one of Guivret’s castles where his wounds were treated by the dwarf’s sisters. While recovering, he apologized to his wife, promising he wouldn’t do anything so foolish from then on.

While he did not break this promise, he came close when he heard about the situation at Brandigant.

Only thirty leagues away from Penevric, the castle they were staying at, Erec decided he would round off his adventure with challenging the cursed knight Mabonagrain. Edine, on the promise this was the last of it, agreed to his request.

Though discouraged by everyone within the town, Erec entered the garden the knight resided, the heads of all previous challengers planted on pikes. Mabonagrain also tried to persuade him to leave, saying it was impossible to defeat him and his curse to kill all who challenged. Erec, however, was unmoved.

The reason it was nearly impossible was due to the properties of the garden, being connected to his curse and magically weakening any knights who fought him. Erec, fortunately, was immune to magic, enabling him to defeat the curse and Mabonagrain.

And thus, Erec’s adventures had ended, the knight joining Arthur’s court for four years while hardly going on quests, spending his day with his wife. When his father died and Erec took his place, Arthur gave him two coronation gifts, and he spent his remaining years in relative peace.

A strange yet fitting end for such a man.

Personality
    Erec is not a very complicated individual. A generally polite man, Erec can often throw that out the window when it comes to competition. Though he tries to not to, he’s a fairly brash, dense person that’s often oblivious to social situations or the true danger of any given encounter in the only way a confident person can be. While friendly, he's not the sort of guy to keep in contact with others while assuming they'll remain friends.

When it comes to his wife, though, he’s an extremely devoted and doting man that tends to forget everything else in favor of her. Her opinion is the only measure by which he judges himself, and he will do anything to remain in her good graces.

Erec is less than ecstatic about his summoning as a Caster, mostly because he only qualifies due to the gifts he received from Arthur. He would much rather be summoned in one of the knight classes, as he believes they are more fitting for his skills. While he says this, he’s also very aware of the fact that Caster is the strongest class he could be summoned in, as he didn’t possess any noteworthy weapons in life. A fact he is not aware of is that, were he summoned as Saber, he would be more like Geraint than Erec.

While like him, Geraint is one much more concerned with his reputation as a knight than his wife like Erec. More serious and easy to frustrate alongside ignorance born of pride than simply a lack of attention. Were Erec and him to meet, neither would be able to accept the other.

Relationships
    Artoria Pendragon (Saber): I want to thank you, but you're the reason I'm stuck in this Class. *sigh*

Merlin: Don't laugh at me! I don't need you to remind me how unsuited I am for this.

Cú Chulainn: I feel your pain.

Edern: That last duel didn't count.
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; March 23rd, 2021 at 07:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    still decent for an old sheet. how old is it?
    Don't remember exactly, but it was initially in an outdated format so probably around two years old. I did take the opportunity to add in a few extra bells and whistles like updating the Relationship list.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fair Tyrant View Post
    Hey Skull, is there a reason Edern doesn't have True Name Discernment or God's Resolution (or the requisite alternatives)? Feels kinda weird for a Ruler to lack his Class Skills.
    I didn't care to use them and neither does the majority of FGO Rulers so it was whatever.

Edern: How dare! How dare you pull something like this? Really, the audacity!
    Oh yeah, I forgot you also did an Edern sheet a few weeks back. Oh well, they're plenty different enough so it's no skin off a duck's back.

I see you also went the route of having someone give him a identifying object, only you went armor while I did spear. I actually considered giving him Saint, but I would've done E rank, and being a patron saint of two churches and not generally thought of as one made me just put that one aside.
    In regards to the Saint thing, it's all relative really. Sure he's not brought up as a saint in the Arthurian mythos, but the church he founded in the 6th Century is still there today and is a major institution of the Church of Wales so I figured over a millennia of worship was enough to let him have the skill.

I'm also not so sure on Counsel of the Strategist, as his only real listing as commanding an army is that one note for the Battle of Mount Badon, which is the reason I did the Charisma/Strategy combo. Still, it's interesting to see someone else's take even if you can't help but compare them.
    While we only get to *see* one battle sure, his status according to Rhonabwy of being on Arthur's Counsel of Wise Men that advise the king is more than enough in my mind to justify a strategy skill.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    what a weird, but fun guy. Edit: and oh look! It is Herman the Recluse, but less edgy
    The interaction between Against the Odds and Battle Continuation is weird, because AtO would basically always activate and raise BC when necessary.
    So I would just merge BC into AtO in general.
    And I would make his wife somehow part of his kit. I mean she is half his legend.
    And probably because I only know what you present, his NP just seem out of nowhere, because those two coronation gifts make up most of his kit, but they end up being mere mentions at the very end of the Lore section. It is like you tell the story of a different, but similar Servant. So perhaps add more Lore and background to the coronation gifts to fill that hole, else i dont really know what to do with the actual sheet.
    Last edited by DelRey; March 23rd, 2021 at 04:58 PM.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    And I would make his wife somehow part of his kit. I mean she is half his legend.
    I considered giving him a Skill related to her warning him of oncoming danger as a way for her to look after him even when she isn't there, but decided it would be between that and Oblivious, and Oblivious seems more like the Skill he'd have rather than whatever that Skill would be called.

And probably because I only know what you present, his NP just seem out of nowhere, because those two coronation gifts make up most of his kit, but they end up being mere mentions at the very end of the Lore section. It is like you tell the story of a different, but similar Servant. So perhaps add more Lore and background to the coronation gifts to fill that hole, else i dont really know what to do with the actual sheet.
    That's part of the point and the reason he's so indignant about it. For him, these two magical objects he didn't really earn and were given to him at the end of his story qualify him for Caster and make him stronger than if he was summoned in a more appropriate Class. It's ridiculous that such a small footnote would make him able to be summoned like this, especially after all the crazy things he accomplished without them.
    Basically, this is somewhat of a jokey character, but not completely one. Unless I decide to do a Summer or Santa Servant, this is probably as close as I'm gonna get to a joke Servant.
    It's probably only funny to me.
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; March 23rd, 2021 at 09:31 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sir Erec/Garaint: Again a rreally good Arthorian servant my friend i think you are now the specialist for them i think but as i read that his Mother is a descendant from Circe i got the thought how the whatever has got a desecendant a from a Goddess teached Sorcerress from a mediterean Greek Island to go to a temperate Britain Island ? i mean i have read that many tribes and ethnicities have miggrated through out the History and legends like that the Slavs were once Neighbours with the Ancient Iranian peoples because of this is the Duality of Chernabog and Belobog a element were some thought it may be the product of Christian influence or syncretisen .

I mean for me is still what i read that with Herakless Sword that went through some means to Arthorias vaults also a big Question i get almost the Feeling that Merlin is the Reason behind ? Like what is actually your oppinion from Merlin Morg ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Sir Erec/Garaint: Again a rreally good Arthorian servant my friend i think you are now the specialist for them i think but as i read that his Mother is a descendant from Circe i got the thought how the whatever has got a desecendant a from a Goddess teached Sorcerress from a mediterean Greek Island to go to a temperate Britain Island ?
    It's mythology, it often doesn't make sense. For reference, I believe somebody's Interlude in FGO (I think it was Bradamante's?) canonized the myth that Britain was originally founded by ancient Trojans FWIW.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    It's mythology, it often doesn't make sense. For reference, I believe somebody's Interlude in FGO (I think it was Bradamante's?) canonized the myth that Britain was originally founded by ancient Trojans FWIW.
    Sorry what is a FWIW please ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Sorry what is a FWIW please ?
    For what it's worth.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:37 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Class: Berserker
    Other Classes: Foreigner
    True Name: Moonwatcher
    Alignment: Chaotic Mad
    Place of Origin: Africa
    Dislikes: Rivals for Food, His Phantasm
    Natural Enemy: Lucky Mother

Parameters:
    STR: B
    END: C
    AGI: B
    MGI: E
    LCK: D
    NP: -

Class Skills:
    Mad Enhancement (D+):
    Berserker did not possess the means of complex communication even when alive, instead relying on rudimentary understanding of others. This creates a barrier in understanding with human masters.

Existence Outside the Domain (A):
    Berserker is used as a conduit for something else to commune with humanity. Due to his lacking sense of self-awareness, the existence can exert much more influence than might be possible on one with a stronger ego.

Personal Skills:
    Animal Communication (C-):
    The ability to understand and communicate with animals. Berserker is halfway between man and beast, allowing for fundamental understanding between himself and other mammals, but he struggles with other types of creature.

Mental Pollution (B+):
    A dubious designation to have, it would be difficult to describe Berserker as having much of a mind to pollute in the first place, however, it's notable that when trying to interfere with his mind, a strong barrier seems to exist to keep others at bay.

Monstrous Strength (D+):
    Berserker can tap into physical power unheard of for an ordinary human, but at the cost of damaging himself. While his blows can temporarily rank up, recoil will damage his own limbs.

Noble Phantasm:
    Africus Monolith: Catalyst of Man (-)

A towering stone monolith that manifests wherever Moonwatcher wills it. While technically being his Noble Phantasm, it would be more accurate to say that Moonwatcher acts as an anchor to allow the monolith to appear.

An existence beyond the scope of human understanding, the black slab delves into the minds of those that percieve it, opening their minds to truths they may not yet be able to comprehend. To those not yet ready to hear its message, extreme mental pain is all that accompanies its manifestation.

Moonwatcher himself hates to call on the Monolith, its power causing him great pain, but when activated, it increases his power as a servant while activating the plus modifiers of his skills.

Lore
    Throughout human history, entities beyond the scope of terrestrial understanding have reached out across the void to touch the souls of Earth. However, it would be foolish to assume that only those belonging to the modern clan of man were endowed with such an honour. Long before the gate of the silver key, before the artist who stared into the abyss, there was the ancestor who looked upon the moon. Moonwatcher would become the first of Man's great ancestors as beings from beyond entrusted him with the spark of thought. The black monolith represents not the coiling tendrils of unspeakable horror, but a chance for progress, at least, so we would hope. As such, despite not being remembered by modern humans, Moonwatcher remains in the Throne of Heroes as the first and oldest of Man's legendary forebears, even if lacking in the mythic power of his descendents who would come to shape humanity in the form of the divine or reach the heavens with the power of science.

Personality
    Moonwatcher at a glance doesn't possess much in terms of personality. His base instincts tend to rule his actions, normally leading him to eat, sleep and beat people up as the majority of his daily actions. However, he possesses certain attributes that become apparent over time should his master come to make a connection with him. Moonwatcher is fiercely loyal to those he sees as his own tribe, defending those he deems weaker than himself with animalistic ferocity and when caught in a rare moment of thought, he can be seen living up to his name by staring up at the sky with almost human-like knowing.

Notes
    I was inspired to make this one forever ago, it just took me a while to build up the energy to make it. Since various sci-fi media like to portray this idea of ancient hominids being contacted by more advanced intelligences (2001, Kill la Kill, Mass Effect) I wanted to create a sheet that drew on this and picked 2001 as my base with the ape-like Moonwatcher as my target, using the monolith as one of the more iconic representations of alien influence on the progress of man. The image is the Life Fiber infused Hominid from Kill la Kill, just cause I loved the plaid dimension effect they did in the show and thought it made for a really stand out design compared to the costumes from 2001.

Last edited by Hawkeye; March 23rd, 2021 at 11:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

Blog Entries
    Moonwatcher: Cool idea, but wouldn't this be better fitting for Modern Fiction? From what I can tell this is your interpretation of a character and concept from 2001, not any real-world myth or history. Aside from that, given his inhuman strength can he pick up the Monolith and hit people with it? Occurs to me he could maybe qualify as Lancer for an alt Class with the justification that the Monolith is his "spear" piercing forward and opening a path to humanity's future. Also kudos on the FC. I actually paused for a few moments wondering why that looked so familiar and figured it out before reading your author's note.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Moonwatcher: Cool idea, but wouldn't this be better fitting for Modern Fiction? From what I can tell this is your interpretation of a character and concept from 2001, not any real-world myth or history. Aside from that, given his inhuman strength can he pick up the Monolith and hit people with it? Occurs to me he could maybe qualify as Lancer for an alt Class with the justification that the Monolith is his "spear" piercing forward and opening a path to humanity's future. Also kudos on the FC. I actually paused for a few moments wondering why that looked so familiar and figured it out before reading your author's note.
    I did not consider that idea, that's actually a really cool thought, Lancer would work well. It is basically my take on the character from 2001, but I wanted to play more to the ancient man foreigner type angle than as a literary character, though I understand why others might not like that take. Glad you like the FC, I'm quite fond of it too, though it took a bit of fiddling to get the image to load right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I did not consider that idea, that's actually a really cool thought, Lancer would work well. It is basically my take on the character from 2001, but I wanted to play more to the ancient man foreigner type angle than as a literary character, though I understand why others might not like that take. Glad you like the FC, I'm quite fond of it too, though it took a bit of fiddling to get the image to load right.
    I guess you could take the angle I used for my Big Brother sheet, where he's the archetype of the "primeval man given wisdom" whose manifestation is influenced by the most iconic image of such, rather than the fictional character themselves. (Like my Servant was an incarnation of the concept of Totalitarianism but took the form of Big Brother as one of the most famous symbols of it).