Page 375 of 621 FirstFirst ... 275325365370373374375376377380385425475 ... LastLast
Results 7,481 to 7,500 of 12408

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Magnus View Post
    An interesting take on the horseman of war... hmmm. I like it first of all. I dunno... I feel like i'm missing something. Otherwise a great sheet.
    Thank you

I think what's missing is an opposing servant or master. Pale rider is basically nothing without tsubaki after all.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rider of Topkapı Palace
    -- A Brief Tour Upon the Skies of Istanbul --

"This is... ohoho, I see, I see! This must be the stage for my next performance! Yes, this time around, I'll be sure to create a spectacle that would outshine my brother and impress the Sultan once again! A pleasure to meet you, Master. I am Servant Rider, True Name Lagâri Hasan Çelebi. Now, before we begin... how do you feel about explosions?"

Source

"Alright, alright, it's true that I consider myself an entertainer, especially with that stunt I pulled at the princess' birthday. That said, before I'm an entertainer, I'm still an engineer and a scientist. One who pursued the legacy of that Renaissance Man along with my brother. Of course, both of them lacked that flair for the dramatic which I have. Inventions are great and all, but it would be even greater to make a public spectacle out of it! Now, would you please stop moving about as I tie you up? As my lab assistant, you'll just be taking my newest idea out on a test drive. Oh, and don't mind the gunpowder. It's mostly just there for visual effects. It's totally safe... probably."

Class: Rider
    Other Classes: Archer, Caster

True Name: Lagâri Hasan Çelebi
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Origin: The Ottoman Empire (17th century)

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: C
    AGI: B+
    MGI: E
    LCK: A+
    NP: C-

Likes: Competing with his brother, holding explosive public shows (with highlight on explosive)
    Dislikes: Health and safety regulations, those who give up too easily
    Talent: Engineering, improving on existing concepts
    Natural Enemy: His brother, Leonardo da Vinci, Sultan Murad IV
    Armament: Rockets, gunpowder, small objects turned into high-speed projectiles
    Catalyst: The original draft to his flying machine

Class Skills
    Riding (D)

The ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Having no specific anecdote of ever riding anything besides one instance of briefly operating his "flying machine", Rider possesses this Skill at a low rank, despite his Class. He can manage most beasts and vehicles with enough practice.

"Hmm, as expected, I really don't have much in terms of this Skill. Don't get me wrong, the very idea of flying itself- defying the natural laws of gravity- was an amazing concept back in my time, and had my invention took off (heh), I'd most certainly have this Skill at a higher rank, along with something like Pioneer of the Stars. But it didn't, and history remembered me simply as a man who flew over Istanbul for a few minutes to impress the Sultan, which... sounds a little less impressive. I don't remember ever riding anything else worthy of note."

Magic Resistance (D)

Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

"What can I say, there's barely any mystery left in my time. Not to mention I was born a few decades after the famous Italian Renaissance. You know, that era famed for major advancements in arts and sciences? With that in mind, is it any surprise that I barely know anything about magecraft? At most, I performed a few party tricks during the Sultan's birthday, but I doubt that counts."

Personal Skills
    Beyond the Skies of Istanbul (A)

A more limited version of Pioneer of the Stars exclusive to Rider, gifted to the man known for accomplishing the first crewed rocket flight. Rather than simply slowing down the effects of gravity (by using simple gliders as his predecessors did), Rider used the kinetic energy generated by his machine to defy it outright. It was a defiant cry against the natural laws of Earth itself, even if that flight lasted only for mere minutes. Allows the occasional realization of small-scale "impossibilities", and grants a minor damage boost against Earth divinities, as well as those who try to "contain" the potential of humanity.

"I know how the saying goes; 'sky's the limit', isn't that right? But... who decided that? God? Our fellow men? Who are they to decide such a thing? I believe limits are strictly made to be broken, and that's what I did. Others mocked me for my efforts, and even my brother had a look of concern on his face when I proposed this idea. But at the end of it all, during those five minutes or so when I launched myself from the Topkapı Palace and flew across Istanbul... I bore witness to a most beautiful view. What I wouldn't give to experience all that for the first time again."

Mana Burst (Gunpowder) (C)

According to traveler Evliya Çelebi, who chronicled his achievement, Rider used between 140 to 300 lbs of gunpowder to launch himself to the skies above, after proudly proclaiming that he would meet God Himself. He surprisingly managed to land safely on the sea using a parachute, a feat that astounded many when many of his predecessors lost their lives attempting to fly using arguably safer equipment. This Skill allows Rider to convert the mana in his surroundings into gunpowder and detonate them, causing small explosions. While it could be used to inflict damage and temporarily obscure enemies' visions, Rider is normally hesitant to use this Skill due to fear of collateral damage. Smarter applications of this Skill includes using these small explosions to propel Rider's movements, increasing his agility, or using them to add more force behind his physical attacks during close combat, though doing so would inflict recoil damage to him as well.

"Well, from an engineering standpoint, based on my calculations, it really was necessary for me to use that much gunpowder back then. I'm not reckless enough to carelessly throw my life away like that, despite what my brother, his wife, the Sultan, and... some others may say. That said, explosives really do add an extra 'oomph' to things, don't you think so? Back then, it sent the message that I really was ready to meet God... in every sense of the word. And the people's thunderous applause when I blasted off? That was amazing, I wish you could've seen it for yourself, Master. See? Everyone looooves explosions! If they're not clapping, that just means you haven't used enough of 'em!"

Da Vinci's Codex (B)

A codex recovered by Rider and his brother from a travelling Venetian ship. It turned out that this codex was written by the Renaissance Man himself, and the siblings later used the designs contained within- particularly Da Vinci's prototype air glider- to create their own flying machines. On top of his ability to grasp the essence of things through scientific insight, this Skill also symbolizes Rider's ability to improve on existing concepts, allowing him to modify and increase the effectiveness of weapons, magic spells, mystic codes, and certain Noble Phantasms, to a limited degree.

"Come to think of it, that's where my ambition truly began. Me and my brother, we found many things aboard that ship. My brother found love. I found... something else. Potential. A grand vision of what the future could be. Anyway, while I did manage to recreate and modify a number of inventions I found in that codex, something still remained at the back of my mind. The author who came up with these ideas, a certain Mr. Da Vinci, I think... what was he like? That brilliant 'Renaissance Man' who imparted such wisdom to the world... There's still so many questions I'd like to ask him. Things like- eh? What's that? He's actually here? And he turned himself into a she!? Wait, what!? This... This is a bit much to take in..."

Noble Phantasm(s)
    Soar, Majestic Seven-Winged Falcon
    Lagâri'nin Uçuşu

"Ahahah, all right, let's do this one more time! The target is set, all systems go, and... BLAST OFF! Let's take to the skies, Lagâri'nin Uçuşu!"

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1-500
    Max Targets: 20 people

The legendary flying contraption that Rider built. A cage with seven metallic wings, powered by four rockets filled to the brim with gunpowder. Rider can freely reproduce a small number of these contraptions at will. These rockets have relatively low durability, and they can only fly for a few minutes or so, so long as there's enough gunpowder to power it. However, they are most effective for transporting both small objects and people over great distances within seconds... if you ignore the small chance of it catching fire and blowing up mid-air. Alternatively, Rider could also use this effect offensively, where he traps the target in these cages and launches them to the sky before detonating them akin to a Broken Phantasm.

A more limited release of this Noble Phantasm allows Rider to bestow up to seven "conceptual wings" to individuals and small objects. Rider can freely launch these wings- along with whatever they are attached to- towards any direction at will. The speed at which these objects or individuals are launched depends on the number of wings bestowed; a pair of wings would simply act like a minor propelling force, while all seven would effectively turn the target into a high-speed projectile (incidentally, this is also why he qualifies for the Archer-Class, a fact observed with great interest by a certain Chinese strategist).

Lore
    An engineer who served the royal court of Sultan Murad IV along with his brother during the 17th century. Little is known of his life, aside from his feat of manning the first ever crewed rocket flight, as described in the chronicles of traveler Evliya Çelebi. Below is the truth of the man known as one of humanity's earliest aviators...

Lagâri Hasan Çelebi was born to a minor noble family in the 17th-century Ottoman Empire. From a young age, Lagari and his brother, Ahmed (also known as Hezarfen Ahmed Çelebi) , showed great interest in the world of engineering. As (self-proclaimed, small-time) inventors, the two frequently tinkered with machinery, hoping to create a breakthrough, a legacy that would outlive them. Eventually, their exploits caught the interest of the reigning Sultan Murad IV, who invited them to serve under his court. At the time, the Ottoman Empire was at war against Safavid Iran in the Ottoman-Safavid War (1623-1639), and the Sultan figured he would need all the help he can get to ensure victory for the Empire. And so the brothers worked under the Sultan to manufacture implements of war. While the brothers were initially excited at the prospect, they gradually grew disillusioned, seeing their creations used only for killing.

Things changed roughly in 1630, when Ottoman officials managed to secure a Venetian ship previously hijacked by Algerian pirates. Lagari and Ahmed were sent to inspect the ship. There, they found an Italian noblewoman, and a mysterious codex written in Italian. Ahmed was instantly smitten by the noblewoman and married her. Meanwhile, Lagari took great interest in the codex, which contained fascinating designs and texts written in a language he couldn't understand. Asking his sister-in-law for help, he eventually learned that the codex was written by a certain genius inventor, one dubbed as the "Renaissance Man". The brothers reported this to the Sultan, and while the Sultan saw a new potential for warfare, Lagari and Ahmed saw... something else entirely.

For the next few years, the brothers continued their service under the Sultan. As a side-project, however, they developed an interest at one of the designs depicted within the codex. A contraption that supposedly allows man to fly like birds in the sky. The two of them worked tirelessly on this idea, until it was finally completed in 1632; a perfect reproduction of Leonardo da Vinci's flying machine. Ahmed proceeded to fly it in the same year, supposedly flying across the strait of Istanbul in mankind's first intercontinental flight.

For this great feat, Ahmed was richly awarded by the Sultan. For a time, the elder brother was content; he temporarily left his position as the Sultan's chief engineer to focus on his family. The younger brother had other plans in mind, however. He frequently visited their workshop at night to continue on with his own project. Seeing Da Vinci's glider, new ideas began to pop up in his mind. The glider was a great marvel of engineering, and with it, his brother accomplished a legendary feat. However... was it possible to take things even further? To fly even higher and further than Ahmed did? Lagari's eyes landed upon a pile of gunpowder stored at the corner of the workshop. It was a tool of killing and destruction, but perhaps...

His idea was promptly rejected. It was deemed to dangerous. Many mocked him as a madman who was too eager to meet God in the heavens above. Even his brother showed deep concern for him when he first proposed this idea. After all, gliding from a tall building was one thing, while detonating a pile of gunpowder to propel yourself upwards was another thing entirely. Lagari was not discouraged by this reception. He continued to work alone, using the codex as a reference material, and improving upon it.

After numerous experiments and test flights, Lagari's flying machine was completed a year later, in 1634; a metallic cage with seven wings, powered by four rockets below. It was said that he undertook the flight at the time of the birth of the Sultan's daughter. Just before his launch, he proudly proclaimed "O my Sultan! Be blessed, for I am going to talk to God!". The flight lasted a few minutes, after which the rocket caught fire and Lagari jumped off, landing safely in the ocean using a parachute. As he swam ashore and saw the Sultan, he jokingly remarked "O my Sultan! God sends His regards to you!"

Little is known regarding the brothers' end. According to Evliya Çelebi, they eventually lost their lives during a siege in Crimea, though it's unclear why they were stationed there to begin with. According to rumors, the Sultan feared what they could accomplish with these inventions, which led to him exiling them to the war-torn lands of Crimea. Whatever the case, the siblings' wisdom, as well as the elusive codex was lost to the battlefield, only to be indirectly rediscovered centuries later by another pair of siblings with dreams of flight.

Description
    "Grand spectacles that test the limits of what humans are capable of! Rather than all that killing and destruction, wouldn't it be more entertaining to see what humanity can do when we put all our brain cells together? I'm always a fan of revisiting and improving upon old ideas, especially if such improvements involve a few tons of gunpowder. Nothing like a (literal) big bang to get your hearts pumping!"

Dislikes:
    "I wouldn't say 'dislike' specifically, but I do consider it a shame that my invention wasn't more well-known. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't wish to change anything. That would be an insult to our successors, especially those siblings from the west who reminded me so much of myself and Ahmed. Still, maybe if I had a bit more time back then..."

Wish for the Grail:
    "Way to ruin the dramatic tension, Master! At first, I thought I'd wish for another chance to read that codex. I thought I'd have to accomplish some epic quest for the Holy Grail just to obtain a few more pieces of wisdom from the great Renaissance Man himself, but now it just feels anticlimactic knowing I could just waltz into the Command Room whenever I want and ask things directly to her... Hmph, since that one's out of the question, maybe my second wish would be... to have Ahmed join me during that flight back then. It's an entirely different experience from manning that glider, and I'm sure he'd love the view..."

An eccentric inventor determined to follow the Renaissance Man's footsteps. A daredevil who takes pleasure in developing inventions with... questionable safety regulations and testing it on himself (as well as less-than-fortunate individuals roped into being his "lab assistants"). He's especially fond of explosions, adding gratuitous amounts of gunpowder to his inventions regardless of necessity for the sake of "dramatic flair". Even so, underneath all that eccentricity, Rider does possess the admirable spirit of an inventor determined to advance his studies for the betterment of humanity.

Rider's singular dream during his life was to be remembered. For so long he dabbled in engineering with his brother, eventually deciding to follow Da Vinci's footsteps as a way to create a legacy that would outlive him; an invention that would define humanity for centuries to come. Understandably, he was less than satisfied upon learning that his inventions were lost upon his death, and interest in the field of aviation was only rediscovered about two centuries later. Even so, he simply regards the modern day as another opportunity for him to further his research, and possibly come up with a new technological breakthrough. Now summoned in Chaldea along with numerous other scientists from across human history, he regards them as both mentors and rivals in the way of his newfound dream.

Relationships
    B.F. Skinner:
    "Teaching birds to operate your missiles, huh... it's certainly a crazy idea, but history tells me those crazy ideas tend to be the ones to change the world as we know it. Yes, with your birds and my gunpowder, I feel like we can come up with one heck of a show. Come with me, we have much to discuss."

Hanno the Navigator:
    "At first, humans sought to map out uncharted lands. Next, they looked up the skies, envious of the birds that soared freely above. After they conquered the skies, they began to look even further... Humans always have a certain fascination with the unknown, wouldn't you think so? That hasn't changed from your time to mine, and even now. One day, they'll conquer the furthest reaches of space, and... I wonder what comes next."

Chen Gong:
    "That sense of dramatic flair! That ingenuity! That complete disregard for health and safety regulations! Could this man... be one of 'my people'...?"

Wan Hu:
    "A chair that could take you to the moon, huh... now that's an ambitious project. Well, let me see the blueprints for that 'magical chair' of yours... I have a feeling that if I hadn't been transferred to Crimea back then, I would've eventually attempted this project for myself."

Wernher von Braun:
    "Tch, the so-called 'Father of Rocketry'... Does that make me a grandfather? I'm not that old, now, am I? ...Ahem, jokes aside, seeing how far the field had developed in just three centuries, and seeing what it was used for... I am both amazed and terrified at what humans can do when they really put their minds together."

Wilbur and Orville Wright:
    "Heh, whaddaya' know, science really is a gradual process, huh... Me and Ahmed weren't the first people who came up with the idea of flight. We simply took in wisdom from our predecessors and expanded upon it with our own knowledge, one step at a time. I'm sure these brothers did the same; they worked to improve an existing concept, and someone else carried on their works in turn. It's rather touching, to see it from that perspective."

Caster of the Papal States:
    "That man... If I'm not mistaken, he held a position of great power during Ms. Da Vinci's time. He's like the Sultan of Roma, if I were to make a comparison. Well, as someone with a bad experience with Sultans, allow me to give you one piece of advice; stay far, far away from him. He's a very dangerous man. The type who ensnares you with kindness and drags you deep into the abyss before you know it. I may be biased here, but something tells me that there's more to him than he lets on."

Leonardo da Vinci:
    "Did you know the saying 'never meet your heroes'? Ah, don't get me wrong, I really am grateful for this chance to meet the great Leonardo da Vinci herself, and our discussions so far have been nothing short of enlightening. It's just that... she's so different from how I envisioned her to be. I have seen instances of Heroic Spirits being summoned in a different form compared to when they were alive. It's just that... I might need some more time to get used to this..."

Hezârfen Ahmed Çelebi:
    "Brother, it's been far too long! How is Francesca doing? Is she not summoned here with you? No? I see, that's a pity... I do feel like I should cheer you up now... ah, how about we indulge in a little friendly competition? It'll be just like old times! Think of it as a warm-up to see if you've still got that engineer's spirit in you! And get this! Leonardo da Vinci herself will be judging this competition! Eh? 'her' and not 'him'? Ahaha, oh yeah, this must all feel very strange to you! So, funny story-"

Sultan Murad IV:
    "Until the very end, I didn't want to believe it, but it really was you, huh... Well, I'm not the type to hold grudges. Granting retribution to the sinful is a duty best left to God above. That said... I could take you there quicker with my rockets. How about it, 'Your Majesty'? Would you like to see God, as I did back then?"

Bond CE

*SPLASH!*

The man reared his head from underneath the water.
    He narrowed his eyes as he looked up, blocking out the warm lights of sunset.
    The sun had almost entirely disappeared beneath the horizon, and the sky was colored a dark tint of orange.
    At the corner of the sky, he saw it; a metallic bird plummeting from the sky, followed by a trail of smoke.

It was finally done.
    The machine he spent almost an entire year building would become nothing more than a hunk of scrap metal swallowed by the waves.
    His clothes were soaked and upon closer inspection, a part of his expensive coat also caught fire mid-flight, leaving a permanent burn mark.
    It was a bittersweet moment, but strangely enough, the man did not feel an ounce of sadness.
    Rather, pride and inspiration swelled within his chest.
    After all, that flight was just the beginning.

"What if I double the amount of gunpowder?"
    "What if I use something sturdier for the frame?"
    "What if I modify the shape of the rockets to increase its speed?"
    "What if I increase the size to fit more than one person inside?"

Numerous possibilities crossed his mind, images of what the future could be.
    Perhaps one day, a safer energy would be found that would allow better air traversal.
    Perhaps one day, large groups of people could fly across countries within a few hours.
    Perhaps one day, everyone could fly.
    Perhaps-

The sound of a commotion snapped the man back into reality.
    The crowd split apart as the Sultan made his way to the harbor, closely followed by his brother and his wife.
    "How was it? Is our little prince or princess born yet? Did they enjoy the spectacle I prepared for them?" The man asked as his brother pulled him up to the shore.
    "Yes, I have a daughter now. But how about you!? You madman, did you actually do it!? Did you really fly!?"

The man smiled upon hearing the question.
    He gave a thumbs-up to the Sultan with the biggest grin plastered on his face.
    "O my Sultan, God sends His regards to you!"

Creator's Notes
    Nothing much to say here, a fairly simple and straightforward sheet while I take a break from my more complicated projects. Conceptual NPs and seven pages' worth of angsty melodrama in the lore section can be cool and all, but sometimes, you just want to write about a guy with the power to make things go boom and be done with it.

In other news, with this sheet and the Secret Santa published in a few days, I've officially written 99 Servants here. Something tells me I should celebrate my 100th Servant with either a grand masterpiece or a legendary shitpost. Whether I'll actually do either of them, though... only time will tell.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I’m loving the recent influx of ottoman servants. I wonder if anyone is going to do Suleiman the magnificent as a servant.

Blog Entries
    Akiva Ben Yosef: So he's basically the Merlin to Bar Kokhba's Arhur. It's pretty cool, honestly really like the Star Messiah Sword NP, even if it totally feels like a stretch. Well, him being Saber in general feels like a stretch, but I wonder if you'll be doing a proper Caster version of him?
    While on the topic of Jewish Religious Leader, I'm kinda curious; what do you think about my Jahaziel a few pages back, Royd?

Red Rider: Ooh, well done adaptation based on the canon Pale Rider sheet. Combined with my own Black Rider, now there only White Rider is left to complete the Four Horsemen set. Also, yeah its kinda fitting that these things are basically an empty shell without a Master.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Now it’s up to someone to do a white rider sheet.

Blog Entries
    Lagâri Hasan Çelebi: Oooh, another Ottoman Servant, nice. A real fun character with interesting history, basically a real life Baron Munchausen lol. My only nitpick is that... add reaction with my two Ottoman Servants plz, thx.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Guys just a thought experiment is you fall into Mash shoes and become a demi servant which servant that you made would you chose. You be following along the FGO Storyline. The catch is that you have the same progression as her. So, you be unlocking and personal skills and NP through out the story and start with only the first ability that you type in the top of your personal skill tag.

Creator Notes
    So here goes - my first Servant sheet! I had a lot of ideas, but I decided to stick with a figure I personally admire. It was pretty easy to stay inspired. So behold, the beginning of a possibly very long descent into madness!

"So, as I understand it, an impossibly powerful Avenger owns this territory, and we must rise up to liberate the people who they trample upon?"
    "Right. I know this is a lot, given we just summoned you, but is there anything you can do?"
    "Fwa- haha- ha! Look upon my form, Master. I am clearly not fit for the role of combat."
    "Are you saying you're of no use?"
    "Don't put words in my mouth. No, I know tyranny better than any man. If it is a revolution you desire, than I am quite possibly the spirit most suited for this occasion."
    "So, you are..!"
    "I believe you are correct, Master! Allow me to formally introduce myself. My class is Assassin, and my true name is..."

< < < < ~ < < < ~ < < ~ < Assassin > ~ > > ~ > > > ~ > > > >

THOMAS PAINE

Assassin of Revolution

Class: Assassin
    True Name: Thomas Paine
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Aliases: Father of the American Revolution, The Revolutionary
    Origin: Historical Fact (Born in England, influential in America & France)

Parameters:
    Strength: D
    Endurance: B
    Agility: D
    Luck: A (EX)
    Mana: C
    NP: A

< < < < ~ < < < ~ < < ~ < Passive/Class Skills > ~ > > ~ > > > ~ > > > >< < < < ~ < < < ~ < < ~ < Passive/Class Skills > ~ > > ~ > > > ~ > > > >

Presence Concealment D
    Hides one's presence as a Servant. However, Assassin is not known for killing or stealth, so he has a very low rank for this skill. While he was successful in evading capture from multiple governments for a time, he mostly survived through sheer luck.

Lost Remains of a Radicalist D
    A skill that represents the obscurity of Assassin’s life. Abraham Lincoln wrote an essay in defense of Assassin’s ideals, but an accomplice burned it to save his reputation. After his death, his grave was dug up and his bones were lost. Few would invoke his name and he has no physical remains, so his Heroic Spirit was formed solely out of his own ideals; he is somehow more caught up in ideals than he was in life. The effects are similar to Innocent Monster, as the spirit has a fundamentally different disposition than the historical original, but it is not due to a corruption of history, only a lack of it.

Age of Reason C+
    A skill that reflects his religious views. The Age of Reason was a pamphlet he wrote advocating for the religious practice of Deism. It remains the most commonly read and influential Deist essay to date. The Deism skill presents all the knowledge needed to pursue a goal, much like Revelation. Assassin’s belief that “God is who the individual needs Him to be” is also reflected in this skill, granting him a flexible ‘shield’ against a single curse or poison. This ‘shield’ does not prevent a curse from being placed on him, but prevents it from activating. Should he be under the effects of multiple curses, only one may be negated in this way, but the ‘shield’ passively negates the curse that is the most detrimental to him.

< < < < ~ < < < ~ < < ~ < Personal Skills > ~ > > ~ > > > ~ > > > >< < < < ~ < < < ~ < < ~ < Personal Skills > ~ > > ~ > > > ~ > > > >

The American Crisis B
    A skill derived from a series of pamphlets he wrote during the American Revolution. Totalling 14 in number, he rapidly produced inspiring works that were the main source of the Continental Army’s morale. Assassin can enchant any type of book, scroll, paper, etc. with a number of skills he does not possess himself by spending time to write on them. This is a significant amount of time, approximating at about an hour per rank of the desired skill. The item itself can be enchanted to have properties, or can grant the user an ability kept inside it.

Revolutionary A
    A skill that is very similar to “Pioneer of the Stars”, which is something Assassin should possess. Even outside of his incredible political influence, he furthered multiple sciences. However, history sees him as an “assistant” to other great minds in non-political matters. In effect, this skill makes it so that no matter how impossible the odds are, it is possible to separate a tyrant’s will from his people’s.

Inherent Genius B-
    A skill that represents the otherwise ignored scientific genius of Assassin. He was influential to many scientists, but he did not care for credit and often left before the magnum opus was complete. This is evident in his work on the development of steam engines and their application in steam-powered boats; rather than see the project through to the end, he left to go write in England, and thus another was dubbed the sole creator of the steamboat. This attitude results in this skill being lowered in rank.

< < < < ~ < < < ~ < < ~ < Noble Phantasms > ~ > > ~ > > > ~ > > > >< < < < ~ < < < ~ < < ~ < Noble Phantasms > ~ > > ~ > > > ~ > > > >

Golden Belief of the People’s Utopia
    Impossible Revolution

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 0
    Max Targets: 1 person

“The sun has never shined upon a greater cause. How is it fair that so many people put their lives in God’s hands? If I must be the one to separate the people from their God, then so be it. Behold, the Impossible Revolution of my dreams!”

Assassin was the revolutionary the world needed at a pivotal turning point in history. He drove forward revolutions that no man had ever dreamed of before, all for the idea of a utopia where every man would be able to control their own destiny. No man has ever dared to try such an absurd dream: an impossible revolution against the chains of fate themselves.

His ideal struck the hearts of many world leaders at the time and for eras to come, and the accumulation of the beliefs of those he influenced acts as a general boost to his parameters. People who name Assassin as an influence are many in number. You can see his influence in many great minds: Thomas Edison, Abraham Lincoln, Mary Wollstonecraft, Karl Marx, Sigmund Freud, Mark Twain, and soon-to-be emperor Napoleon Bonaparte. On the topic of Assassin, Napoleon once said a golden statue of him should be built in every city in the world. Napoleon may have said more truth than he realized at that moment, as this Noble Phantasm results in Assassin’s body glowing with his golden dream.

His luck become unquantifiable due to the realization of his dream: unchallenged control over his own fate. Luck no longer plays into any interaction, leaving the outcome of any luck check Assassin makes entirely to his discretion. This realization also allows him to bypass or ignore the absoluteness of certain abilities, such as Achilles’s impervious body, as he is now exempt from fates, Authorities, or divine rules.

Time makes more Converts than Reason
    Common Sense

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1~20
    Max Targets: 100 people

“We have it in our power to begin the world all over again. We cannot let such charlatans as emperors hold our reins. You already know what the correct course of action is; you just need to find the path. Take my guidance! Common Sense!”

Though the name is only his most well known writing, the quill is the manifestation of all his writings. He can use it to write magically in the air, which is typically how he activates his abilities. He can fire magical projectiles from the tip, but they are low ranked. Given that he’s able to use it as a wand, he has an outward appearance of a Caster. The quill is actually quite sturdy, to a point where it is possible to parry melee attacks with it, but it isn’t capable of dealing physical damage.

Assassin’s writings swept across the world like a plague. That is the full nature of this Noble Phantasm- to rapidly spread his ideals to others. He is capable of storing any statuses that are active on him and storing it within the quill. When he calls out its True Name, a stream of magical energy connects the quill to his targets. The status is then duplicated and transferred to the targets.

The quill can only store a certain amount of statuses before it is 'full'. The effects of his first Noble Phantasm, being the realized ideals that he wrote of, fill the quill entirely. After duplicating a certain amount of effects or duplicating his first Noble Phantasm once, this Noble Phantasm breaks, and at least a day must be spent repairing it before it can be used again.

< < < < ~ < < < ~ < < ~ < History/Lore > ~ > > ~ > > > ~ > > > >< < < < ~ < < < ~ < < ~ < History/Lore > ~ > > ~ > > > ~ > > > >

Part 1: American InfluencePart 1: American Influence

Thomas Paine was something of a failure in his early life. He failed to get an education, failed to inherit his father’s line of work, and cycled through multiple jobs since he could not meet their standards. By a stroke of luck, he met Thomas Jefferson, who helped him come to America.

He found a job for The Pennsylvania Newspaper, which was failing. Somehow, the combination of two failures started the career of the man who came to define the Revolutionary Age. The Pennsylvania Magazine became the first ever widely read paper in the colonies. His articles became increasingly political as the Revolution drew nearer, and he was emboldened to write a full pamphlet.

This pamphlet, “Common Sense”, was a massive hit, selling 500,000 copies to the two million people in the colonies during the American Revolution. The pamphlet spread the idea of republicanism, strengthened the colonies' resolve to separate from Britain, and is responsible for most of the enthusiasm in joining General George Washington’s Army.

Also during the Revolution, he published a series of pamphlets collectively known as “The American Crisis” in order to inspire the severely underfunded and inexperienced American soldiers. His efforts proved to be a massive success. The opening lines of The Crisis are still some of the most famous lines from the period.

He continued to write pamphlets and letters that circulated America well past the Revolutionary War. The Northwest Ordinance of 1787 started with a letter he wrote. Multiple American influencers name Assassin as one of their influencers.

Part 2: French InfluencePart 2: French Influence

Thomas Paine once again found himself a central figure of a revolution in 1790 during the early stirrings of the French Revolution. In response to an anti-revolutionary pamphlet, Paine wrote “Rights of Man”, a pamphlet that assaulted the existence of monarchies as a whole, and won him the attention of the Revolution’s leaders, and more importantly, swayed the hearts of the revolutionaries.

He continued his work with “Rights of Man, Part the Second”, and continued to heavily support the revolution. He was elected into the National Convention, contributed to the drafting of the French Constitution, and pushed forward the concept of a French Republic. Despite his contributions, he was eventually removed from his positions on the account of him being a foreigner and he was later captured and imprisoned by the French Monarchy.

Paine’s popularity had been his saving grace in the end. He had many visitors, and happened to have one while the gaoler was making his rounds. When he marked Paine’s door for execution, he marked the inside of the door so that they could not see the mark when the door was closed.

Part 3: Further Works and DeathPart 3: Further Works and Death

He was released after the French Revolution ended. He made no attempt to remove himself from the world of politics however, actively writing out in criticism of the actions of George Washington, releasing essays on how the best invade Britain (with the assistance of a certain Napoleon Bonaparte), and continued to publish his highly radical beliefs on subjects such as the abolition of slavery, women's rights, and private property.

Thomas Paine’s popularity plummeted in the next decade. His viewpoints were becoming increasingly more unpopular, his criticisms of Washington made him many enemies, and his criticisms of the Church made him many more. Ultimately, he died alone. His life and accomplishments were never honored. He was buried under a tree in his farm.

One of the biggest mysteries of Thomas Paine is the location of his remains. A fellow journalist dug up his bones and intended to take them to Britain and give him a proper burial in his homeland, but the bones were lost before that happened. It is entirely unknown what happened. Some people today claim to be the owner of individual bones of his, such as his jawbone.

Despite his obscure death, Paine’s works still cause change around the world. His beliefs have yet to be realized, but are still something we strive for. Countless revolutions have taken place in his name. Multiple different political policies were influenced by his writings. The political and philosophical ideals of today are more Thomas Paine's child than anyone else's.

Part 4: As a Heroic SpiritPart 4: As a Heroic Spirit

Thomas Paine’s strength entirely lies in granting someone else glory. Nothing good ever comes from him taking control of a situation. Still, a man like him was able to carve his name in history. He was an inspiration to countless people, and he did begin the world all over again, in a sense.

He does not qualify for any class but Assassin. His impact on history is among the greatest of all people, but he knows little of Magecraft, isn’t particularly physically able, and was not known for anything other than his writings. If he was asked why he is an Assassin, he would jokingly say “Well, most of my accomplishments are forgotten compared to my contemporaries, so I suppose that counts as a form of stealth.”

He defeated monarchies with only his pen. His word was respected and feared. He did not hide himself nor did he kill. He commanded wars, governments, influenced heroes and emperors, granted a nation its independence, but never once did he have power over anyone. He is an Assassin because he is a perfectly ordinary man who turned the world upside-down, and then took little of the credit.

< < < < ~ < < < ~ < < ~ < Description > ~ > > ~ > > > ~ > > > >< < < < ~ < < < ~ < < ~ < Description > ~ > > ~ > > > ~ > > > >

Assassin is a disagreeable sort of man. Though he is highly respected, few of his contemporaries would speak very highly of him. Even those who admit his influence have called his writing poor, his ideals nonsense, and his character unpleasant. He does not mean to be. He simply is unwavering in his ideals and has little patience for those who oppose them without justification. He can be troublesome when it comes to those ideals specifically.

There are few records of Assassin outside of his own writings, so the Heroic Spirit that was recorded is the perfect version of the ideals he wrote of. Because of this, he insists that he also qualifies for Berserker. This is not true in the slightest. While his ideals may have been radical, his life is that of an idealistic genius, not of a man mindlessly chasing his dreams. Strangely enough, he cares nothing about the fact that he is not given recognition. In fact, he is almost glad. He originally published his works anonymously, avoiding any claim to fame for as long as he could.

"Liberty is not liberty if it is granted to you by another. A man is popularized for "liberating" people, he becomes a role model, and someone later uses their reputation to commit terrible atrocities. I believe that is an inevitability. The only way to circumvent this is to give everyone the power to seize their liberty while nudging them towards it. Though a horse may not drink from a river when prompted, they cannot survive without drinking. To take that power should be common sense."
    This is what Assassin says when he is asked about why he cared so little for credit and recognition.

When he is relaxing, he shows an entirely different side of himself. While he is normally a man with a furrowed brow trying to change the world, Assassin is an extraordinarily ordinary man when he is not. He enjoys the peace of nature, good food, and sleeping in late (even if he shouldn’t). He is a simple man who would love to live in peace- but he would rather carry the burden of war and grant peace to the next generation.

< < < < ~ < < < ~ < < ~ < Dialogue > ~ > > ~ > > > ~ > > > >< < < < ~ < < < ~ < < ~ < Dialogue > ~ > > ~ > > > ~ > > > >

OpinionsOpinions

Likes:“I strive to enjoy all parts of my life. You want me to pick one thing? Hm… I cannot think of one, but gunpowder has always been a point of interest for me. I suppose the substance is outdated now, though.”

Dislikes:“Men often do terrible things in the name of the most just ideals. Those are the men I can never forgive.”

The Holy Grail:“I write my wish as commonly as I breathe. Do you just wish to hear me say it? To grant everyone the ability to seize their destiny with their own two hands. Does that suffice?”

During an Event:“An event? Wonderful! Do you wish to go out and enjoy it, Master? If you do, please return to me and tell me about it. I am far too busy writing to attend.”

RelationshipsRelationships

George Washington:“As a general, I must commend his prowess. He has the mind for war. As the leader of a newfound nation, I’m afraid I cannot say he has the mind for it.”

Thomas Jefferson:“My old friend, it would do my heart well to see him. I once sent him a letter telling him that steam engines were a pointless endeavor. Ha! I was quite wrong, wasn’t I?”

Marie Antoinette:“Ah, your Highness. I only meant to shift the power towards the people… I did not mean for things to become as violent as they had become. I am truly sorry.”

Napoleon:“Never has a greater charlatan existed on this Earth. I am ashamed to call him a former accomplice.”

< < < < ~ < < < ~ < < ~ < Craft Essence > ~ > > ~ > > > ~ > > > >< < < < ~ < < < ~ < < ~ < Craft Essence > ~ > > ~ > > > ~ > > > >

Days go by Without Change

“Oh, I wrote through the night again.”

News comes in slowly. He writes his ideas until the sun rises. Nothing has changed in the world since last night. Words come in, a new social movement in America, in England, in France. Then, all at once, the world is born anew. Change happens so fast, but happens so scarcely.

That is a great tragedy. If change happened more often, perhaps Humanity would have already reached a utopia. Upon thinking this, a realization - no, a hypothesis - forms in his mind. The more revolutions that have happened, the longer it takes to form a new one. The people who are not content with their lives dwindle in number until they can no longer rise against the majority. He writes, and writes, considering this idea many times, until the sun rises.

< < < < ~ < < < ~ < < ~ < End of Sheet > ~ > > ~ > > > ~ > > > >

Bottom Notes
    Why. Is. Formatting. So. Hard. I stayed up for like, five hours. Gods.
    Has Paine already been done? I did a cursory glance through the threads and found nothing, which surprised me. I started with Assassin because I love the guy, but also due for simplicity's sake. Now that I've dipped my big toe in the water, I'm jumping all the way in. I had a lot of fun throwing this together, so see you next time.

All necromancers are good characters, no exceptions.

Still getting my bearings here--- Feel free to call me whatever you want.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    This is an excellent sheet that you have there I really like the formatting that you done. So, it's worth it alright. This one hell of bang to go on for creating your first sheet.
    Last edited by Ismail2002; January 22nd, 2022 at 12:04 PM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Holy shit. You sure this is your first sheet?

Blog Entries
    jeez, 4 sheets in half a day, still need to read them all
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Damn, that Thomas Paine was wonderful. The sophisticated yet simple formatting, the f7d faceclaim choice, the revolutionary writer character, the distinctive skill set and NP; I love it all. Pretty awesome for your first sheet.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd pick... either Isaac Newton or Bran the Blessed. The latter is cracked like crazy while the former... yeah. The former is absolutely hilarious to me. The insane amounts of bickering with Da Vinci would be worth it.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    Akiva Ben Yosef: So he's basically the Merlin to Bar Kokhba's Arhur. It's pretty cool, honestly really like the Star Messiah Sword NP, even if it totally feels like a stretch. Well, him being Saber in general feels like a stretch, but I wonder if you'll be doing a proper Caster version of him?
    While on the topic of Jewish Religious Leader, I'm kinda curious; what do you think about my Jahaziel a few pages back, Royd?
    I probably won't make a Caster version of him, as I think I covered just about what I wanted to already. For your Jahaziel, pretty good sheet. A simple and sweet concept, though her NP is honestly pretty terrifying when you think of what it'd be like being on the wrong end of that.

Blog Entries
    jeez storm, i had to read it because praise from Kamera is something rare. It is truly a wonderful sheet. i can just echo kamera. please stay here and continue your work. You have a great style of making servants. I even overlook you took a potential FC mine. If you ever need help formatting say so.
    Rest comes later, sry folks i dont have that much time today.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Ah, thank y'all! I really appreciate the kind words. Admittedly, I've already got whole documents on two or three other servants that are waiting to go through revisions and formatting. There's definitely more coming. I'm really excited to really start working on them now that I have a foothold. Kind of addicting tbh.
    All necromancers are good characters, no exceptions.

Still getting my bearings here--- Feel free to call me whatever you want.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Can’t wait to see more from you. I want to see if you can take on some more “high profile” servants.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Am I the only one who finds it weird how wyvern and fortuna haven’t posted in a while? I guess they’re both taking a pretty long hiatus.

People have lives outside this site. Not to mention most people take a while to write and finish sheets. Give it time.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Yeah you’re right but it’s just kind of weird that they haven’t posted in something like 16 days each

(Yes I have been counting the days since I was on vacation. Yes I am extremely lonely)