Page 165 of 621 FirstFirst ... 65115155160163164165166167170175215265 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 12409

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ye Xian & Duan Chengshi:At first a warm welcome in our Round The TruthWhale ! realy good profile interesting Ruler servant and a additionally Girl with heart !

I would be curious what both would think of my Dessert Fairy ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Progress? One. Probably be out soon. I've put him on hold for something else. Ideas? Around 24, and that's just Arthurians.
    24 ...24 just Arthurians Wow ! OHA ! and i thought i had many ideas in Progress .
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; May 6th, 2021 at 07:51 PM.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Maker of Poor Decisions and Massive Sheets TheTruthWhale's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Probably Going To Be Doing Something With All These Chinese Servants

"Your history's version of me did WHAT?!"

Source: Historical Fact?
    Class: Saber
    True Name: Lü Bu?
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: Han Dynasty, Jiuyuan County

STR: A++ END: A+ AGI: B+
    MGI: E LCK: D NP: A+

Personal Information
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 179 lbs
    Likes: China, wolves, brave warriors, the concept of love, war
    Dislikes: Betrayal, horses, cowardice, espionage, those who turn from war
    Talent: Unparalleled battlefield general
    Natural Enemy: Horses
    Attribute: Star
    Traits: Female, Humanoid, Servant
    Armaments: Houtengageki, legendary polearm that could pierce the Heavens
    Catalyst: A sword, rusted from use

Class Skills:

• Magic Resistance A: Nullifies the "sorceries" of most enemies that Lü Bu faced on the battlefield. Her lack of affinity with magic means that, instead of actually resisting the magic, Lü Bu takes it like any other attack: head-on, and without holding back. To her, the difference between the unsheathing of a hidden dagger and the chant of a caster is minimal.

"It doesn't matter if that explosion came from a spirit, or a barrel of gunpowder. Give me the casualty report, treat the wounded, and point me in the direction of the bastard who dares to hurt my men like a coward!"

• Riding D: She has an affinity with wolves and other canids, and can ride particularly large ones. It is said she tamed a giant white-furred wolf, called Bai Ya (lit. White Fang), in the mountains of Tibet by beating it into submission. She's unskilled on other mounts and is completely hopeless when on a horse. In fact, she hates them, and they hate her.

"I climbed a mountain of ice and brought down a predator with my fists, all so I'd never have to ride one of those hateful animals again. If cavalry wasn't so damn effective, I wouldn't have bothered, but Ding Yuan's memory wouldn't leave me alone about it. At least Bai Ya makes a good hunting companion."

Personal Skills:

• Valor A+: Negates mental interference such as pressure, confusion, and fascination, all the while increasing the damage Lü Bu does with her melee attacks. Weaponless, injured, and backed into a corner, Lü Bu's strength is not to be underestimated. It was said she could eliminate entire platoons by herself.

"No matter my foe, I will stand against them with everything I have. If you wish to challenge me, do so knowing that the battle will end only when one of us falls, or you fall to your knees and surrender."

• Nature of Absolute Loyalty B: The polar opposite of her male counterpart, Lü Bu? would rather fall on her own blade than betray her master. As the kingdom around her shattered, she remained loyal to those who had earned it. When her first commander fell, she hunted the murderers to a man, before finding another who earned her loyalty. Such is the strength that even magical compulsion cannot cause her to turn her weapon against her allies.

"Betrayal? The very thought of it pisses me off. I watched the country I loved shatter because of betrayal, and then that horse of a man, Dong Zhou, tried to convince me to do the same. I should have taken his head there. So many lives would have been spared if I did."

• Living Disaster EX: Lü Bu was described as a "disaster on the battlefield" as she single-handedly killed platoons of soldiers with only a few swings of her Heaven-piercing weapon. To have her on your side was to all but ensure victory. Only people worthy of her attention, like enemy Servants, cause her to fight seriously, rather than leisurely litter the battlefield with the corpses of soldiers. The downside is that Lü Bu only ever spares those who surrender and never fights to maim, only to kill.

"I don't understand why the peasants look at me with fear and awe. I used to think it was because I survived a fight with a dark dragon and lost only my eye, but how would they even know that story? They call me "Daughter of the People," but shrink when I so much as raise my voice."

Noble Phantasms:
    Heaven-Piercing Guan Dao: Houtengageki
    Fangtian Huadao: Houtengageki
    Type: Anti-Fortress
    Range: An entire battlefield
    Max Targets: Anyone foolish enough to get in her path
    Description:
    Houtengageki glows gold as Lü Bu swirls it above her head, the golden glow extending down to her, until her entire body is filled with the "momentum" of battle. A single swing of her weapon can level a building, or sever the torsos of dozens of men. Though she is in total control of this power, battle is all she cares about. Unless ordered to stop, or she runs out of stamina, she wields the power to fell corrupt dragons and corrupt men alike. Though Houtengageki is still lethal to allies, the extensions of that Heaven-piercing energy flow through them as if they aren't there. Lü Bu can also focus this into a single, downward swing of her weapon, creating a massive pillar of energy that extends over a hundred meters that can even break castles. The final use of this Noble Phantasm allows her to pull in this golden energy, concentrating into the tip of her weapon, and thrusting, creating a golden beam that can even pierce Divine protection. As Lü Bu has almost no mana to speak of, she relies entirely on the mana collected in her weapon, and when that runs out, the Master's, though such power can drain even the most potent mage quickly without the aid of a Command Spell.

Hunt of the White Wolf
    Báiláng Shòuliè
    Type: Anti-Army
    Range: An entire battlefield
    Max Targets: As many as Lü Bu designates
    Description:
    Lü Bu slams the butt of her weapon on the ground, calling forth a gale of ice, as her giant wolf mount, Bai Yi, steps forth from the blizzard. While Lü Bu can ride him if she so chooses, her most common use for him is to send him after squads of men that she herself can't be bothered to deal with. Bai Yi runs with a flurry of snowflakes behind him, faster than any horse, and can tear through squads of men as easily as his master. His bite leaves frostbite, provided an enemy survives it, and if not treated quickly, will cause necrosis around the area. His claws and ice-laden tail also serve as weapons, and as a fellow battlefield combatant, he is one of only a few creatures that can match Lü Bu. He lasts until he is severely injured, in which case, he dissolves into snow and ice and returns from whence he came, until Lü Bu dismisses him, or until Lü Bu is separated from him long enough. His actual maximum range is how far Lü Bu can see, and strategic enemies will lure him away so that his connection will sever and he will return from whence he came. He can only be called once per battle.

Should Lü Bu mount Bai Yi, the combined force of their might is usually enough to take on any foe, even high-class Berserkers and dragons, the latter of which, as she'll happily tell you, is how she lost her left eye.

Lore
    Emperor Ling's death, and the secession wars that followed, are what scholars today call the "Three Kingdoms Period" of China. However, something seems to have happened. An alternate timeline, a lost fragment of history, whatever the case, resulted in not just the Lü Bu you see before you, but to all of China. Demons, dragons, and all manner of evil creatures crawled up from the underworld to swallow the continent of China before the Han dynasty could even fall. Even within the courts, the corruption of official positions could not be wholly blamed on the incompetence of Emperor Ling. Certain events played out, including the assassination of He Jin and the annihilation of the eunuchs of the palace, but it seems the key players had been altered. For one, this Lü Bu was a woman.

Surviving a childhood of persecution in what would come to be known as part of Mongolia, Lü Bu grew up with the song of battle in her heart. She wanted nothing more than to be a soldier, to fight on the front lines against not just rebellions of man, but the armies of spirits and even great dragons that the Imperial Army was said to do battle with. She trained daily, and while other girls practiced their ceremonies and hoped to be chosen as a consort, Lü Bu challenged warriors daily to honorable duels. Eventually, when she won against a lieutenant of her province's militia, she got the recognition she desperately wanted. Her skill with polearms was evident, and even the male-dominated courts could see that she would be a force for any army.

She eventually signed on with Ding Yuan, the Inspector of Bing Province, who saw not just her talent for battle, but the unwavering spirit within. Ding Yuan, a woman herself, had also worked her way up from nothing, and it was virtually blatant favoritism when she awarded Lü Bu came with her as she was promoted to Cavalry Commandant of the Henei Commandery garrison. There, the two women were viewed with suspicion, followed by awe, as the soldiers understood just how foolish their notions had been. Ding Yuan was a brilliant woman, and remained unmarried, seeming to have won the failing emperor's ear by convincing him that his reputation couldn't get any worse. Lü Bu, for her sake, also remained unmarried, but simply beat the notion of her being a weak and dumb woman out of the jarheads any chance she got. It was a common gripe that Lü Bu never got reprimanded for starting fights.

After He Jin's assassination, and the late arrival of Lü Bu and Ding Yuan to the capital of Luoyang, Dong Zhuo came to Lü Bu with a proposition. Lü Bu would become his adopted daughter, so long as she betrayed Ding Yuan. The slap to his face, his men would whisper, could be heard as an echo throughout the camp. Lü Bu left with that as her answer and rejoined Ding, who was attempting to reunite the central government, but failing. A feud of succession between the empresses was the cause of this war, and Ding was seen as "just another woman clambering for power." Lü Bu was dealing with issues of fighting between the forces when she heard news of her friend, and commander's, assassination. The remainder of Ding Yuan's forces either defected, or were forced to flee, with Lü Bu leading them in a daring escape from the control of Dong Zhou.

She turned to Yuan Shao, who was already forming a coalition to stand against Dong Zhuo and his tyranny. Those men who came with her vouched for her status as Ding's successor, but it was unnecessary. Yuan Shao knew of this woman, and knew exactly what she wanted from them. He sent his appointed Minister over the Masses, Wang Yun, to inform Lü Bu of the plot to rid themselves of Dong Zhuo, and what she could do to help. They proved that Dong Zhuo was the one that had ordered Ding assassinated, which was all that Lü Bu needed. The next day, the palace was stained red with the guards of Dong Zhuo, but he escaped, leaving Lü Bu fuming, and with enough anger to destroy the palace. She didn't, though. She had long since known of her mutual hatred of horses - after all, her closest friend was a Cavalry Commandant - but horses were not the only animal one could ride.

Without notice, she disappeared for a month, climbing the mountains of Tibet until she found what she was looking for: a massive white wolf, a sacred beast of ice and snow. White Fang submitted to her might before the sun had set, and the two of them rode down to rejoin Yuan Shao. Unfortunately, he was busy dealing with the fact that his relative, Yuan Shu, declared herself Empress of all of China. Lü Bu gathered what remained of Ding's forces, who had long since fallen under her banner, and led a manhunt for Dong Zhuo. What they found was that he had attempted to gain the power of an ancient black dragon, and that the dragon had killed him for it. Without thinking, Lü Bu, atop Bai Yi, charged the thing that denied her revenge. When her Guan Dao pierced the heart of the dragon, the weapon changed, becoming Hotengageki, a polearm that could pierce even the Heavens themselves. All she had to do was trade an eye, and gain a few scars on the left side of her face from dragon's breath. An excellent trade.

Lü Bu looked out on a fractured kingdom, her own forces meager, as several different miniature empires shatter the home she swore to protect. It's as if something was orchestrating this from beyond, and for a time, she and her men tried to hold their old garrison at the Henei Commandery against increasingly terrifying foes. If she could get into contact with Yuan Shao again, she believed they could muster their forces, but every time a route opens, it's as if some grand strategist knew, and closed it with another problem. Zhang Yang was trying to take the Garrison for himself, a bribe from Dong Zhuo's thriving coalition of warlords, and she finally believed herself outmatched. Unable to hold the garrison, they fled to Chenliu, where Lü Bu was resolved to make her final stand, until she met another hand willing to help her. Zhang Miao, the Administrator of Chenliu, almost immediately saw Lü Bu as a friend and younger sister, so he offered what aid he could.

The grand strategist, Cao Cao, was an ally of Zhang Miao's, and had appointed to him to that position herself. Now, Cao Cao, Zhang Miao, and Lü Bu look to campaign to reunite the warring factions under one Imperial ruler, to depose the false Empress, and to find a way to solve the problem of ever-increasing attacks from demons, evil spirits, and even reports of the risen dead. Liu Bei may be their chance at such a unity, but there is one problem: the Empress has allegedly proven her power with magic, something only those of divine blood could use. Lü Bu and her allies know that could only mean trouble, especially with the acts of an unseen hand manipulating things, but there is only one thing she can do, and it's what she does best: keep going forward.

Personality
    Lü Bu is a blunt, earnest soldier who earned her status as a feared battlefield presence with great deeds, including surviving over two months of siege in a garrison on land she didn't control. She detests espionage and assassination, even if they are parts of war, and the only thing that can contend with her hatred for betrayal is her hatred for horses. Lü Bu respects those who have earned their station in life, rather through strength, intelligence, or charisma, as all are skills that must be honed, just as a blade's edge. Lü Bu is loyal to her very core, and stands side by side with those who she views as comrades and companions. Though she rarely calls him, Bai Yi is completely submissive to her, and follows her orders without question or hesitation. She's trained him, as she has many of her men, by cracking their skulls if they find it in themselves to disobey.

That said, she is not the strictest of leaders, or the soberest. She claims to get drunk on battle as an excuse to avoid drinking with her men, but, truth is, she can barely hold her liquor. She still enjoys throwing back a drink in victory and in mourning, doing what she can to keep morale up. She encourages the sharing of stories of valor between her comrades, and even in the worst of situations, tries to lighten the mood however she can. Of her battles, she has many tales herself, and is more than happy to tell them to anyone she thinks is worth talking to. On the battlefield, this demeanor changes completely.

Even when not under the effects of her Noble Phantasm, Lü Bu has a tendency to lose herself in the rhythm of battle. To her, it's not impressive when she annihilates an advanced strike group within a matter of seconds, but just what needs to be done so she can take the next step forward. Generals and strategists who have seen her fight say it's like watching a spirit of war, and are always glad when she's on their side. Lü Bu is not invincible and understands that retreat isn't cowardice, but strategy. It took a long time to get that way, and during the heat of battle, she may even disobey orders to continue fighting if she feels she can win.

The concept of "grail wishes" and "servant battles" are all just other forms of battles in her eyes. Though, if you were to demand she tell you her wish, she'd wish that her China could be unified to fight back against their real enemy: the master in the shadows, and the supernatural beings that almost seem to move at their command.

Relationships
    Ritsuka Fujimaru:
    "Ni hao, Master. I'll admit, I don't understand how I came here from my world, but now that I'm here, I'll help you however I can. Also, I'm apparently a Saber? Well, whatever, you're my commander now, so just point me at the enemy army, and let me do my work."

Wu Zetian:
    "Great, another Empress with magic. Just what our country needed, another Empress who can't get anything done without getting her hands filthy. At least when I dismember my enemies, it's on a battlefield."

Lu Bu:
    "You're... you're joking, right? This brute is supposed to be me? Wait. Your history's version of me did What?! Commander, can I talk to you about lifting the "No Fighting" rule for just a little bit? Please?"

Ying Zheng:
    (Quickly Bows) "The warlord greets the Sun of the Empire. It seems we both ended up here somehow. Speaking frankly, you're different than how I imagined you'd be. Most dragons I meet tend to be a little more... expressive?"

Nezha:
    "Well well well, if it isn't the God of Young Boys himself. Do you know what I had to go through because of your men-first philoso--- Wait, why are you a woman? What do you mean that's how reincarnation works? Don't just skate away, I demand answers!"

Ye Xian & Duan Chengshi:
    "You want to write? About me? Okay, well, I guess we can start with how I got my weapon. The feeling you get when you stab a dragon through the heart, and I mean the physical feeling, is like nothing else. The slowing contractions, the quivering that shakes your body, and- hey, is she alright? She looks ill."

Heracles, Jason, Artoria, and other "heroes":
    "I've always wanted to fight a hero. Come on, let's head to the Vee Are chamber for a spar. I've been meaning to find out who the Vee Are are for a while now, so this will be like killing two traitors with one thrust."

Creator's Notes
    I find myself drawn once again to China for inspiration. I understand that Lu Bu is already a servant, but the concept of Lostbelts and Singularities, as well as the ideas behind their functions, led down the path of "what ifs." The Three Kingdoms Period was a pretty big period that eventually decided China's path forward for a long time, so what if that changed? And what changes would go about happening, even without the direct intervention of the supernatural? Well, regardless, as before, I hope you all enjoyed reading this, with a slightly updated and easier-to-read format.
    Last edited by TheTruthWhale; May 7th, 2021 at 11:17 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Ye Xian & Duan Chengshi:At first a warm welcome in our Round The TruthWhale ! realy good profile interesting Ruler servant and a additionally Girl with heart !

I would be curious what both would think of my Dessert Fairy ?
    Duan Chengshi would probably find her story fascinating, as well as the stories she learned from the countless visiting travelers. Ye Xian would want to hug her and tell her that all her suffering alone was worth something, and now that they've met, she'd make sure the fairy would never feel lonely again.

It has been a looooooong while since I last posted and I REALLY need to start moving beyond the European Heroic Spirits soon! But, I thought I'd throw in this less-spoken-of scourge from my home country... Not wholly sure how I feel about this one, but here we go.

“‘If you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.’. THAT is who I am! The servant of God. His sword on Earth. The Witchfinder General… Matthew Hopkins, of the Assassin Class.”

True Name: Matthew Hopkins
    Class: Assassin
    Other Qualifying Classes: N/A
    Title: Witchfinder General
    Armament: A myriad of knives and daggers, a pike, his Bible, a matchlock musket, a hangman’s noose (used as an improvised lasso) and a hand crossbow.
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Region of Origin: England
    Source: Historical Record
    Dislikes: Witchcraft, promiscuity, decadence
    Talents: Hunting witches and wizards, betraying his Master
    Natural Enemies: “Witches and wizards”
    CV: [EN] Trevor Devall (Loki Laufeyson, Marvel’s Future Avengers)
    [JP] Toshiyuki Morikawa (Yoshikage Kira, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable)

Parameters
    Strength: E (varies)
    Endurance: E (varies)
    Agility: C (varies)
    Mana: E
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: B+

Class Skills
    Presence Concealment
    The capacity to hide one's presence as a Servant. It is a common Class Skill of the Assassin class.
    • D: Hides one's presence as a Servant. Suitable for spying. A low ranking of Presence Concealment unbecoming for an Assassin to the level that a Servant can infer one's presence at once.

Personal Skills
    Information Erasure
    The removal of information regarding the Servant's True Name, abilities, and appearance from the records and memories of all eye witnesses, including the opponent, following the conclusion of an engagement.
    • D: While Assassin cannot truly erase his existence and its evidence, he can create ‘narrative gaps’ in surviving adversaries’ recollections; as to where he struck from and where he disengaged to. This is ar reflection of his own historical records being spotty at best, with several missing years in his relatively short, yet so accomplished, life.

Mental Pollution
    A Skill where due to possessing a distorted mentality, it is possible for one to shut out any mental interference thaumaturgy. However, at the same time, it becomes impossible for one to come to a mutual understanding with individuals who do not possess an equivalent rank of Mental Pollution.
    • A: Provides a high probability that mental interference magecraft will be rendered ineffective.

Presence Detection
    The ability to detect other Servants and local mana sources.
    • C+: Ranks Up in effectiveness when Assassin is actively tracking a Caster-class Servan (this includes Double Summon Heroic Spirits).

Torture Technique
    A Skill that represents one's possession of outstanding torture techniques. Plus modifiers are added when using torture tools to deal damage. Because it strengthens bloodshed and agony, further damage is continuously added after the ordinary damage.
    • A

Sacraments
    Knowledge of Church Sacraments.
    • B: Capable of exorcisms, healing, protective blessings and other standard abilities expected of an Executor.

Noble Phantasms
    Mailed Fist of Persecution
    Malleus Maleficarum
    Hammer of Witches
    Type: Anti-Unit [Self]/Anti-Thaumaturgy

The most infamous witch hunter’s guide in history, the Malleus Maleficarum’s taint has transcended to the Throne of Heroes in such a way it exists as a conceptual Noble Phantasm; shared among many a witch-hunter, regardless of the genuineness of their claims. For Matthew Hopkins, a man so zealous in his devotion to the cause of killing, it manifests in the form of an icy-cold iron gauntlet on his right hand. This gauntlet is fixed to his flesh in such a way separation is impossible without the outright removal of his arm, regardless of one’s Strength.

The Malleus Maleficarum’s passive abilities grant Assassin the equivalent to a B-Rank in Magic Resistance. Furthermore, with a successful Luck Check against a spell that Assassin can see coming, this Resistance can be ramped up to a A-Rank; allowing him to more effectively combat Mages and Casters alike. Malleus Maleficarum also ramps up his parameters if in combat against someone identified as “a witch”, putting him more on par with a low-ranking Servant from one of the Knight Classes physically (thus, giving him a massive advantage over Casters and Masters alike). Any weapon wielded in his gauntlet-clad hand is Ranked Up to be equivalent to (at minimum) an E-Rank Noble Phantasm or, if already a Noble Phantasm receives a Rank Up, if used against a “witch”. The Malleus Maleficarum also provides Assassin with an ‘aura of fear’ that is only felt by those who would be identified as “witches”, acting as a B-Rank in Fearsome Mien (also making it easier for him to identify them).

It is with the Malleus Maleficarum that the Heroic Spirit Matthew Hopkins goes from an unremarkable (if bloodthirsty) historical anecdote to a dangerous threat in the setting of a Holy Grail War. A true Magus Killer, able to walk among men without detection, altering the memories of whoever he fights… with the tools and abilities befitting the Witchhunter General.

Personality
    The best way to describe Assassin would be to call him “a narcissistic psychopath”. He is cunning and charismatic, charming and talented at mimicking emotions. He is well-read and well-versed, able to quote scripture like a preacher (befitting for the son of a vicar) and he is a man of humility; preferring not to over decorate himself or hiss quarters. Behind this mask of civility, however, lies a streak of methodical, amoral cruelty and ruthlessness. With a deep contempt towards witchcraft of any sort, to be summoned in a Holy Grail War at the behest of a Master is, to him, the greatest insult; any Master unfortunate enough to end up with him is advised to watch their back, for he will inevitably find a way to stab them in it.

Despite his contempt for Mages, he is not above using them as a means to end. He’ll hop from Master to Master, killing each of them once he has found another partner to manipulate, with his false fake friendship and some careful gaslighting. As a practicing Puritan, he holds a deep contempt towards the Church (despite having been taught its Sacraments by his father as a boy), seeing the extravagance and colour with which they celebrate as disrespectful. He holds a strong contempt towards many of Catholicism’s most venerated and their veneration of certain ideals. (Perhaps surprisingly, despite the standard views on Puritanism and its views on sexuality, Assassin himself is impassive to the notion; the veneration of virginity and abstinence is, in fact, another point of contempt against the Catholics for many traditional puritans).

He is, at his core, a sadist who takes great pleasure in punishing “the unholy”. With over a hundred witches’ deaths ascribed to his name, he takes pride in, and meticulously can recount, the names of every single one of his victims with nostalgic fondness. He delights in the fear he exudes and the slow, meticulous craft of stalking, torturing and executing those he deems “guilty”. For all his claims that he is a holy man of “law and order”? Assassin is little more than a self-serving serial killer who exploited the chaos of the Civil War.

His wish upon the Grail is a simple one. The eradication of all witches, warlocks, wizards, sorcerers, Mages... WHATEVER they now call themselves from existence. To bring about a true end to the mystic age. Once and for all.

Lore
    Assassin's true name is Matthew Hopkins, the infamous Witchfinder General.

Born to a Puritan vicar in Great Wenham, Suffolk, Hopkins' early life is to many a mystery aside from his father's general good standing with the community and his brother's lack fo a work ethic. He may have trained to be a lawyer. He may have been an aimless vagabond mooching off of his father's prestige. What is unknown, however, is that his father had friends knowledgeable in the art of sacraments and exorcisms; who had mentored Matthew from a young age in the art of dealing with these creatures. This instilled into him, as with many in his society since the ascension of witch hunt enthusiast James I, a deep fear of magic.

This would come to make his bloodied name famed. During the reign of Charles I and amidst the instability of the English Civil War, Matthew Hopkins and his partner John Stearne set out to expose all who had made dealings with the Prince of Darkness. Regardless of any actual guilt on their part. Their favour among many Puritan and Parliamentary forces allowed their rampage to go unchecked throughout East Anglia. Their methods cruel and disturbingly effective in rounding up "the guilty" for execution. In a lawless nation at war with itself, Hopkins and Stearne had exploited this vacuum to become the law.

However, this could not last forever.

The war would soon end and his actions would no longer be so accepted. Yet what did it matter for a man who'd already become so famous and so feared he could likely live in comfort for the rest of his life? As fate would have it, that remainder of his life was very brief. Perhaps he had been cursed by a true witch in vengeance. Perhaps it had been tuberculosis. All that is known is that, no older than 28 and perhaps as young as 25, Matthew Hopkins was dead. But his bloody work would be continued for centuries, including New England across the Atlantic... where it is said, near the end of the 17th century, the ghoul of Matthew Hopkins rose once more to walk the streets of Salem.

Relationships
    James I: “Hail! Your Majesty, surely you, a patron of my craft, must understand the heroism in the task I undertake?”
    Charles I: “I do not know what makes you a worse traitor. Marrying a CATHOLIC or marrying a FRENCHWOMAN.”
    Oliver Cromwell: “You should not condemn me, Lord Protector, for doing the work of the law! “Blessed are they who observe justice, who do righteousness at all times!” Is that not what I did?”
    Caster-Class Servants: “‘Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.’ Consider the task I am to undertake mercy onto you. But your transgressions against nature… hmmhmm… require a DEEP cleansing from your souls.”
    Macbeth: “Your poor wretched thing. So stained so absolutely by maledictions it has blackened your very soul… All I can promise onto you is the mercy of a swift death.”
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Kirei Kotomine, Grigori Rasputin: “You claim to be a holy man, and you stain your soul with the Devil’s craftsmanship?!” [eyes snap open] “A lesson on scripture you ought to pay heed to… “When justice is done, it is a joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers.” Now YOU… shall know TRUE TERROR!”
    Last edited by King of Braves; May 7th, 2021 at 02:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTruthWhale View Post
    Duan Chengshi would probably find her story fascinating, as well as the stories she learned from the countless visiting travelers. Ye Xian would want to hug her and tell her that all her suffering alone was worth something, and now that they've met, she'd make sure the fairy would never feel lonely again.
    Thanks i have read now your Lu Bu , really good ! After the etablishmento f the Lostbelts their is no limiting in the servant making really good i would say really good although i must admit my Knowledge of Chinese history/myths is limited . As beside the varous historic shenanigans also romantic is a element of fate am i curious how she react if she should fall in love with someone ?

Also i m curious what she would think of my Dragon Bogatyr , or as she is also a loyal Warriorlady i would be curious what she would think of my Deianira ?

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Matthew Hopkins: Between your sheet and his FGO version, I'm not sure which one is a bigger asshole. He's just one of those characters you just love to hate, and you wrote that side of him well. 10/10 would watch him getting beaten up by Casters.
    Last edited by BnEl15; May 7th, 2021 at 11:43 AM.

Blog Entries
    Hopkins: KoB! U live! I recently thought that your sheets were missing here. Solid take on him, I like the visual of his NP. You managed to describe his bloody mark on history and character well. Finding fitting bible quotes had to be a pain, would be for me at least. Ur presence concealment has rank B, but the description of D and at the end you wrote "Dalem".
    Good to have you back
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Hopkins: KoB! U live! I recently thought that your sheets were missing here. Solid take on him, I like the visual of his NP. You managed to describe his bloody mark on history and character well. Finding fitting bible quotes had to be a pain, would be for me at least. Ur presence concealment has rank B, but the description of D and at the end you wrote "Dalem".
    Good to have you back
    Thank you for pointing that out; fixed it just now! I kind of hit a creative wall because I didn't want to just rush a sheet out and it feel incomplete, but after some toggling, I finally felt satisfied with Hopkins/Assassin enough.

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

(jokes aside, legendary sheet. I just have an obligation to post this wherever possible because there's nothing about it that doesn't make me happy.)

Blog Entries
    Hopkins: I read the entire thing in the voice of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCiYK9QAQg4
    It's a fun sheet. I'm new here, but welcome back regardless.

Blog Entries
    Matthew Hopkins : Okay i hate him and would he be my servant in the Grailwar i would use my Command seal to dispose him ,as i read his wish no ,Za mystic is the Supaisu obu Laifu da !

"Never had I imagined I'd step foot on this country..." ]exhales] "Not sure I feel about this, but... You. Are you, by chance, the one who has summoned me forth as a Servant of the Rider-Class? [...] I see. Then, to you, I pledge this oath. I, your obedient Servant, have thirteen ships and intend to live on to command them until victory is ours. I promise this to you, as Admiral Yi Sun-sin of the Rider-Class."

True Name: Yi Sun-sin
    Class: Rider
    Other Qualifying Classes: Saber, Archer, Lancer
    Title: Immortal Admiral of the Drums
    Armament: A jingum ("real sword") with a straight, double-edged blade.
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Region of Origin: Korea (Joseun period)
    Source: Historical Record
    Dislikes: His advice being ignored, leaving tasks unfinished, demotions
    Talents: Military innovation, military promotion (and demotion, despite being the only one who knows what he's doing)
    Natural Enemies: Toyotomi Hideyoshi
    CV: [EN] SungWon Cho (Hwang Seong-gyeong, Soul Calibur VI)
    [JP] Ryōtarō Okiayu (Byakuya Kuchiki, Bleach)

Parameters
    Strength: C
    Endurance: C
    Agility: B
    Mana: C
    Luck: B
    Noble Phantasm: B+

Class Skills
    Magic Resistance
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    • E: Cannot cancel spells, but magic damage is reduced somewhat.

Riding
    A Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding.
    • B+: Most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill, even vehicles that did not exist in the time period one was alive in, for they are no exception. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts. Ranks Up when handling or commanding naval vehicles.

Personal Skills
    Honour of Suffering
    A Skill that make those who have it become more powerful as they are inflicted more pain. The cost used to heal injuries via magecraft or similar methods is reduced.
    • B: In spite of his long-suffering lifetime of constant shame, dishonour, demotion and backstabbing, Rider’s immense resilience carried him through and allowed him to recuperate and rebuild what he had lost. This manifests in the form of an ability to “focus” with such intensity, whenever injured or impeded in any wy, the greater pain he is in or the more disadvantaged he may be.

Tactician’s Advice
    A Skill given to military-affiliated Servants. By grasping and analyzing the situation, correct advice can be given to one's allies. The higher the rank, the better the probability of the advice given being correct.
    • B-: While Rider’s advice is more often than not accurate, many a time in his lifetime it was often ignored (usually leading to disaster for those who ignored his advice). His spotty military record of promotions and demotions may also affect one’s likelihood to take up his advice (despite none of those truly being his fault).

Valour
    The ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination. It also has the bonus effect of increasing melee damage. Not usable under the effects of Mad Enhancement.
    • B

Voyager of the Storm
    The talent to sail vessels recognized as ships. Because the ability as a group leader is also necessary, this unique Skill also has the effects of both Charisma and Tactics.
    • A+: Widely considered to be among history’s greatest naval commanders, in spite of an utter lack of training, he is considered “an Admiral of the World” with his absolute commanding presence on the tides.

Noble Phantasms
    I Still Have Twelve Warships
    Myeonglyang Hamdae
    (Myeonglyang Fleet)
    Type: Anti-Army

Undoubtedly Archer’s greatest, the Battle of Myeonglyang was a turning point in the Japanese invasion of Korea, as Rider brought the Korean navy back from the brink of defeat despite only having thirteen warships left. He is often said to have declared, “your servant still doth have twelve warships under his command and he is still alive,” in the face of Korea’s absolute defeat. This Noble Phantasm is the manifestation of the Battle of Myeonglyang, allowing Rider to summon forth twelve of the thirteen ships with which he fought the battle.

These twelve gunships are relatively small, each armed with a few cannons equivalent to C-Rank attacks; the artillery able to level buildings as reinforced as military bunkers or as large as small skyscrapers and blast through the hulls of modern navy ships as if they were made from glass. While not large, they are swift and easy to maneuver, allowing Rider to command them effectively in nigh any waters. These ships’ true potential, however, lies in the ability to recreate the conditions of the narrow strait on which Yi achieved his great victory. By beating on the war drum of his own flagship, he can create a Bounded Field that is 293 meters across at its narrowest point. Within these waters, Rider can command the tide itself, changing its flow from north to south at his command.

Within this bottleneck, with the tides at his control, Rider can cause enemy fleets or creatures’ advances to slow (inflicting Rank Down penalties onto their Agility) or his own fleet’s advance to be accelerated. These strong tides are made difficult to swim in, even for a Servant, and when faced with multiple enemies, it is possible for Rider to even force their ships (or creatures) to crash into one another and create further chaos. To maintain the Bounded Field, all thirteen of Rider’s ships (including his Geobukseun) must be whole; if a single ship is destroyed, the Bounded Field’s formation will be incomplete, preventing its effect from activating. This makes every ship in Rider’s fleet a precious resource he cannot afford to risk or sacrifice.

Dragon-Turtle of the East Sea
    Geobukseon
    (Turtle Boat)
    Type: Anti-Army/Barrier

A technological marvel commissioned by the Admiral himself, despite having lost all twenty of them before his most famous battles, Rider’s affiliation with his “turtle ships” is one that is so renowned that the thirteenth ship in his armada--his personal flagship--manifests as a Heroic Spirit, taking the form of a geobukseon.

This mighty Geobukseon is a heavily fortified and armoured ship, thirty feet long, and covered in spiked iron plates. It is an impressively armed vessel with eleven cannons, each one twice as strong as those of Rider’s other ships, as well as a battering ram on its prowl and an imposing, multi-purpose dragon head cannon glaring dead ahead at its front. This head’s versatility includes a smokescreen emitter, a mounted flamethrower strong enough to melt reinforced steel in seconds and blast open modern aircraft carriers, and a myriad of poisons that, when burned, create a toxic miasma that spreads out. Also aboard this ship is Rider’s personal war drum, with which he commands his fleet with each and every drumbeat. Due to the Geobukseon’s design, this floating fortress discourages attempts to board it by enemies as well as deflecting most projectile fire, durable enough to even withstand Anti-Army Noble Phantasms on its own.

Furthermore, despite its heavily armoured design, it was designed with mobility in the Korean straits a clear priority; making it a remarkably fast, maneuverable vessel that Rider can turn and guide in an instant, allowing it to keep up wit even naturally faster opponents; regardless of how difficult the waters and winds may be. Despite it being designed for ocean travel, perhaps inspired by an iconic turtle of modern popular culture, Rider can utilise its eleven cannons, dragon head flamethrower and spin it around rapidly to achieve a pseudo-flight effect to glide and hover through the air. Is it improbable? Yes. Is it doable as a Heroic Spirit? ALSO yes.

Keep Beating The Wardrums
    Bulmyeolui I Sun-sin
    (Immortal Yi Sun-sin)
    Type: Anti-Unit/Support

Rider’s final Noble Phantasm is one that only activates in the circumstances of his death. In spite of being fatally shot at the Battle of Noryang, Rider refused to let his death break the men’s morale. With his dying breaths, he turned to his son and nephew, commanding them to don his armour and beat the drum in his name. To keep the battle going as its heights soared. And so, while the man died, the legend was born of the immortal General Yi; his son and nephew taking on his guise until the battle’s end.

Rather than dying entirely, Rider can instead pass on the remnant mana of his Magical Core, and the abilities granted by his Saint Graph, onto onto another recipient. Often, this will be his Master. As a result, the individual temporarily takes on the form of Yi Sun-sin; existing as a Demi-Servant, with his Skills and fleet at their beck and call. This dramatic amplification of power for any human is often so shocking a sight it is enough to turn the tide of even the most impossible battle, with the added bonus of receiving Rider’s military prowess and the famous Genbukseon only further increasing their chances of victory.

However, the form of a Demi-Servant is not one easily maintained for a human. An unmodified human vessel will not last long possessing the incredible prowess of a Servant before it begins to tear them apart, and a specially made vessel (such as a homunculus the likes of Sieg) risk losing themselves entirely to become Admiral Yi. Thus, depending on the vessel it is bestowed onto, Bulmyeolui I Sun-sin is only a temporary power up. Once its receiver’s body can no longer contain Rider’s essence, its effects will end, and their body will transform back from that of Yi Sun-sin to their own as the last of his being fades from the world back to the Greater Grail.

Personality

Dutiful, fearless, wise and unyielding, Rider is the textbook definition of a soldier and hero. Loyal to whoever his oath is to until his dying breath, he will strive to do his best to offer whatever assistance he may. Whether it be in military strategy, psychological support, words of encouragement or even something as mundane as “that one boss on a video game you cannot defeat” or “that person you really like but cannot ask out”, Rider will drop whatever he is doing to assist you with it with zeal. All while his voice remains, for the most part, even levelled.

His relationship with Japan, the traditional backdrop of a Holy Grail War, is… complicated. With the knowledge of the modern age, not only does he vividly remember Hideyoshi’s invasion during his lifetime, he is also aware of the modern Japanese army’s imperialistic visions and brutal occupation of Korea; as well as its subsequent role in dividing the country he loved and fought so hard for. He both admires their advancements and leads as a society but cannot help but despise them for the past and the distance with which it regards its imperial past. He does, however, enjoy that one series of movies about the giant turtle. It has given him… ideas.

Due to a history of often being ignored (or demoted… or, often times, both) and it frequently resulting in disaster, Rider does not hesitate to show his exasperation if ignored. He can come across as overly opinionated and stubborn even, which may cause some friction between him and a Master or ally, but ultimately his intentions are pure. As he wants to see people work hard and rise above their stations in much the same way as he had throughout his life; to achieve beyond their expectations through their efforts and struggles.

His wish upon the Grail? Simply, a better ending to the sad story of Korea than what it got. What else could a man who loves his country so much want?

Relationships

Totoyomi Hideyoshi:Toyotomi Hideyoshi. At last, we me-...I knew you were a beast of a man, but I hadn’t thought it was meant… that… literally.”
    Oda Nobunaga: “I can see now where Hideyoshi’s love for firearms came from. As well as his insatiable ambition. But you will fail, just as he had, so come forth. Let the drums of war beat on for us, 'Demon King'.”
    Kim Yushin: “To share the same room as you is the highest of honour. For you to call me an equal? … that… is a privilege I do not deserve, Great Father of Unity.”
    Lord Nelson: “We are often compared to one another, Englishman… Very well, I accept your challenge. Let our legendary navies decide, once and for all, who the true Lord of the Seas is!”
    Ching Shih: “Such lawlessness yet integrity. You… are a strange one, Dragon Lady. And yet you fascinate me all the same.”
    Iskandar: ”...you’re an Admirable Great Tactics player yourself?” [eye glimmer] “Then perhaps… we may test our strategies against one another…?”

I know everyone and their mothers has taken a crack at this guy on some forum or another, but... how can I NOT? He might be the greatest naval commander in history, full stop!

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:49 PM.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    I am probably going to get to the servant reviews in another post a bit later tomorrow. Also just curious in if anyone knows how to make a thread (as I do potentially want to potentially make that thread for discarded servant sheets at some point).

{Sees King of Braves has returned}

So we just had a huge debate on extra classes, there's some joke about Bottoms as a class that I don't even begin to understand, a fake Anastasia and a fake Lu Bu are apperently besties, Wyvern's come back and been doing a bunch of sheets, Fakers suddenly became pretty popular, and there is currently a contest to determine who is the bigger Jack Stan about set to go down this Sunday between Anju and Lambda.

Before anything else please dont stand in the rain so Long ist quite a bad time for a Cold nowadays you know !

Blog Entries
    I don't really get the reference to a fake Anastasia being besties with a fake Lu Bu, if that's in reference to me at all. It may not be, and if so, apologies.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's a reference to my Faker "Anastasia" and realcasually's Faker "Lu Bu" a few pages back.

Blog Entries
    Ah. Understood. Thanks for clarifying.

Daaaaaang. Not gonna lie, loving the stuff I'm reading back on that I missed!

This whole "Faker" concept actually makes for some super creative sheets and builds! Hopefully will be able to work a few more to a presentable extent soon enough.