Page 502 of 620 FirstFirst ... 2402452492497500501502503504507512552602 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,040 of 12384

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Blog Entries
    I guess I would say I don't really know much about them? There isn't a lot of information there, which I think you got, and the formatting being an undifferentiated block of text makes it a little difficult to parse. I don't get much of a sense of their character to comment on in the first place - they feel like crunch first and foremost. Guess you could say I don't really have an opinion yet.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Plains of "Dwelving in lore, but barely scratching the true surface"
    Quote Originally Posted by NielleiN View Post
    I mean that these are some of the first sheets I've made. But what do you think of them despite their roughness?
    I'm by no means an expert in sheet-making, so the only point I can help in is formatting : separating Class Skills and Personal Skills could definitely help, and maybe in the lower portion of the sheets add some space between sections (between the end of the NP and the personality for example). The sheets in themselves sound inventive, at least to me
    We don't need sanity where we're going !

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    Ok. I'll add some more

- - - Updated - - -

Or I'll edit them to be more readable

- - - Updated - - -

Is this better and clearer?

Plains of "Dwelving in lore, but barely scratching the true surface"
    Quote Originally Posted by NielleiN View Post
    Is this better and clearer?
    Definitely clearer yeah
    We don't need sanity where we're going !

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    So, whats your advice on them?

And as for the bottom picture, that quote can't beat "People die hwen they are killed"

Blog Entries
    Praetorian Guard : I must agree with pinetree, the second NP is so much fun, very creative. Skills and NPs are definitely great. Personality is lacking, though I see you edited it to include a little bit more description. I think the personality is a good base and you should just develop this idea with more text. The more detailed the personality is, the better it is. Though if you don't want to put too much work on the personality I think that's okay. The skills and NP are good enough and really well thought. Good job !

Also yeah, the sheet lacks justifications for the existence of the Praetorian Guard as a single identity.

Blog Entries
    STRANGER
    "I'm not a hero, okay? You can just call me Mel. Or Lulu. Which do you think is cuter?"

Basic InformationBasic Information

Alias: Calamity of Avalon, Wailing Undine, Ray Horizon,
    Elioxe, Beatrix, Isomberte, Gentille
    Classes: Ancient Dragon/Gatekeeper
    True Name: Melusine Source: European folklore
    Height/Weight: 147cm/0kg
    (she will not step onto the scales)* Shut up, stop talking, it’s the tail! The tail!
    Attribute: Earth
    Image colour: Indigo Armament:

STR
    A+

END
    EX

AGL
    A++

MAG
    EX

LUK
    D

N.P
    C

Traits:
    Dragon: An obvious member of the Dragon Kind, through and through... of a sort. ████ ought never manifest as a mere human, even as a half-breed, so mine is a dwelling entirely of her inhuman side, and yet she completely embodies the concept of my birthright... It, she, is sufficient. She manifests my nature as her own.
    Fairy: A hybrid being of both human and Fairy factor. She walks alone on a fringe that should not exist at all, least of all in this era.
    Fairytale: Indeed, those stories are nothing more than "mirages". A fiction that "does not exist", but that does not preclude that they truly happened. And, like so, again, again, again...
    ████: Despite it all, she remains ███. Or rather, she cannot ██. For as long as the wall between ███ and ██ stands, she shall remain at █████. But that ███ shall not be █████. Though the ██████ is hers, she cannot be the one to ███ it.

───No. No more words.

█████, begone. Return to thy paltry ritual, thy meagre life-and-death.

This, she, hers...

'Tis not thine to witness.

Class SkillsWhispers

She hath come in thy most dire hour of need.

Barren, bankrupt of possibilities, thou reachest thine end, unable to call on any to fight on thy behalf.

And so, she hath appeared to save thee.

There is no fateful reason for such a thing. 'Tis simply because she has an interest in thee.

Thou knowest not what thine path has crossed, and ought be prepared to lose thy grasp at any instant.

Myself, I have no intention of intervening. Thou art naught more than a speck of dust before mine eyes.

But for thy sake, I shall present thee with a question, and leave thee to decide thine own answer.

Are you going to Scarborough Fair?

Personal SkillsPersonal Skills

Mana Burst B+

Her body is filled with life to such a ludicrous extent that it can be expelled as kinetic force. A characteristic ability of inhuman beings, and one that allows a Servant incredible effectiveness in battle due to the amplification of their parameters that it creates. Thanks to this skill, her usual mode of combat is unarmed brawling. She is not particularly good at it, but she is powerful enough that she can get by without any real skill or talent, and she naturally has more powerful abilities to fall back on if she starts feeling pressured. She's not a big fan of using her fists, but she's confident in her legs.
    Dragon Kind A

The curse of the serpent takes a hold of her on Saturdays, forcing her to reveal draconic attributes. That said, the element of the dragon is a powerful one, and it grants her great strength as an embodiment of the pinnacle of Phantasmal Species. A composite skill that encompasses the various elements and physiologies of such a being. Due to the specifics of her draconic nature, it would be even higher if taken in isolation, but it appears to have been substantially ranked down by her own volition. Regardless, however, her grand wingspan and mighty tail are a sight to behold, her claws and fangs strike terror of death into those she bares them toward, and her gaze and breath are in every way without peer.
    Magic Resistance A

A natural ability of many Phantasmal Species. Effectively, any modern Magecraft that targets her is completely cancelled. Hers is entirely sufficient to cancel any kind of Greater Ritual with its roots in modern times... except for those that might be called a little too modern. Things that are excessively manmade, such as Internet Magecraft, might be able to affect her just a little.
    Mixed-Blood EX

Half-Fairy, half-human. It is a union that should not realistically be able to occur in a world where mankind and the planet are opposed. Divine Spirits have been known to have human offspring, but they too are connected to the human sphere through worship and cultural connections. A true bridge between the inner sea and the outer body of the Earth cannot actually exist, unless...
    Ray Horizon EX

Melusine’s special and almighty Magecraft that can do all kinds of stuff! With a few incantations here and there in the Fairy language, she can do anything you can think of! Her abilities even rival Magic, in fact. As a mage on the level of Merlin and Morgan, she’s really unsurpassed by something as average as a modern human! If that’s the case, one might wonder, why does she not qualify as a Caster? Well, that’s because she’s too good at it and the Counter Force would lose its marbles, you silly goat!Be silent. She can no longer remain by thy side if thou art to reveal it. 'Tis nothing so insignificant as a scaled tail that separates her from thee, human.
    Fairy Eyes -

A kind of special vision, also called Glam Sight, that is possessed by Fairies. The difference between truth and lie can be quantified, reified, and perceived directly. No matter what, a falsehood will not cloud the judgement of a Fairy. However, this is only possible because a Fairy has no means of measuring the concepts that human beings call “good” and “evil”. As someone with a direct connection to such sentiments herself as a hybrid being, Melusine has closed these eyes for her own sake.
    Pathos Reification (Reverse) C

A skill of the same genealogy as Mad Enhancement, a spiritual ability related to the Psychic Powers known as Empathy and Sympathy. At higher levels, it is called Soulburst by some due to its explosively exponential growth in potency. To put it simply, it is the transformation of emotional energy, magnifying in proportion to the bond drawn on by its activation. In other words, Melusine translates the “power of friendship” or “power of love” directly into physical force - specifically, she bolsters the Rank of her Mana Burst skill, multiplying it by “Bond Level”. A more nuanced usage of this power would be used to elevate things like her spiritual standing or the efficiency of her magical energy, but she doesn’t have much interest in that. By the way, the modifier “Reverse” indicates that rather than sending one’s feelings to their target to enhance them, the user greedily absorbs and consolidates feelings to enhance themselves.

Noble PhantasmMarble Phantasm

Innocent Horizon
    OTHERHEART ALBION

Falsely listed as a Noble Phantasm, but qualitatively different upon examination. As such, it lacks formal classification.

Much like a certain coralline castle from the lunar realm, it is a landscape that is simultaneously a Reality Marble and a demonstration of Marble Phantasm. In the world of Elementals, there are several hidden fairylands that can reach the scale of even entire islands that are simply expressions of the imaginations of their rulers. The scale of the effect is dependent on the rank of the Elemental, but as a general rule, the manipulation of probability can create anti-entropic transfiguration-type phenomena on the scale of entire human communities when it comes to higher-class Elementals. However, these naturally pale in comparison to the Reverse Side of the World itself.

Hidden in the depths of her sense of self as a Fairy, the curse binding Melusine to a certain dragon has joined her inner world to such a thing far larger than her scope would entail. The Ray Horizon is, after all, an entity that precedes the Fairies while simultaneously separating them from the world inhabited by human beings. The dragon is the boundary itself, and so Melusine’s inner world is none other than the gate. Following its conceptual position as “one step away” from the inner sea of the planet, Otherheart Albion manifests in the form of a seashore bathed in the first light of dawn. An ethereal landscape like the very edge of heaven itself, yet an unspoken warning that “thou shalt come no further”, it cannot by crossed through human powers. As mankind drifts further from the planet, the border expands, and so too does Melusine’s own spiritual constitution grow.

And so, it is here that the nature of her incarnation becomes apparent. To humans who would approach her, she appears as a colossal white dragon dwarfing even mountains, far beyond what is quantifiable for a mere Servant. To those of the planet, the label of Elemental is insufficient to encompass the magnitude of the red dragon that stands before them. In stature, it supersedes even the likes of Gods, giving the impression of a primordial being that is truly among the strongest on Earth. It is only witnessing such a thing that one can begin to grasp the true degree to which the guise she has taken - the Saint Graph of a Servant - is not even equivalent to a single hair on her head. Her powers only increase as Mystery declines as a representative of the barrier - or rather, the void - that exists between humans and paradise. Her nature is inherently finite, but her scale is ever-growing, like the shockwave that forms the final gasp of an explosion.

She is neither of humanity, nor is she of Earth. She is the one and only being who stands as the guardian of both. She is the one who will send off with a smile humanity as they depart to the stars, and she is the one who will mourn the Earth when it inevitably perishes, but she will never be able to join either at their destination. With either side, she stands alongside them, but her true form to both is “another heart” that is beyond their reach. Her own fate is to fade into the abyss alone. Until that day, she will stand at the border. It is not her right to open it, nor to close it. She is neither judge nor gatekeeper. Rather, she is the soul of the gate itself: a single cell belonging to the Last Dragon.

It goes without saying that minor manifestations of Marble Phantasm are also within her repertoire. Due to standing with one foot on the side of humanity, her Marble Phantasm is weaker than that of most other Elementals when measured in scale, but it does not drop in effectiveness when used in a human domain. Furthermore, she is also capable of taking advantage of natural processes in the same way that humans do to create purely artificial substances and constructs, so human items are not outside of her reach either. In truth, everything from her Servant container to her almighty Magecraft are just her Marble Phantasm in action.* You got me~! I’m a big fibber, ehe~★ Although she is limited in magnitude to approximately the scale of a small building as a result when acting outside of the seashore, it can be said that she is stronger than even the children of the Moon in her own way because of her unique versatility.

This is a metaphysical terra nullius. Those who step on this beach must also leave it. Melusine, one and the same as it, cannot. Earth and Man alike are unable to cross this shore, and so Melusine cannot remain with those who have reached the Ray Horizon. The tide will go out. The waves will touch you for a single moment, and then disappear into the sea. To witness this landscape is to be made to accept the truth: there really is no bridge that can actually exist between humans and the Earth that they are destined to cut themselves free from. To align oneself with both is to be neither. That is what it means to be the one named Melusine. The gate is closed. It has been for a very long time. It is this fact that has caused the separation of countless lost loves in her long years.

Class SkillsNoble Phantasm

Forget Me Not, Innocent Heart
    It was not hollow.

Anti-Unit Class
    Rank C

Range: ?
    Max targets: ?

A nameless Noble Phantasm. It cannot have a name, because it does not yet exist. It does not belong to Melusine, but it will be created by Melusine if her feelings are able to connect to someone else.

The one who will possess this is the one who she must leave. It is a piece of the inner sea of the planet, forged in her image of them. Her ability to create such a thing is based on her anecdote of departure, but the Noble Phantasm itself is not formed from elements of her own legend. In a way, it is her way of saying that “you should think of yourself before you think of me”, or perhaps a stern demand that they live for themselves and don’t chase after her. A love is not lesser simply because it is transient, and it is not made greater by lingering on it.

As such, the form it takes and the effects that it has cannot be described. They are specifically established based on Melusine’s understanding of “what you need the most”. Perhaps it is an object or a tool, alive or intelligent, magical or conceptual, something new or something transformed. Its power is fashioned based on both what its intended holder represents to her as well as what they lack for themselves.

“What I found in loving you, what you sought in loving me... It’s here. Treasure it.”

Perhaps those days were not unique. After over a thousand years, no day is truly unique. But she answered a call, and was willing to fall in love. That alone, even if it was temporary, even if it was ordinary, is still a testament to the treasure that the memories have become. Everything dies, and when it has, the commonplace moments that once seemed unlimited will become priceless beyond compare.

It’s no Holy Grail, but in a way, it’s just as much the granting of someone’s wish. Even if as a Servant she’s just a fake, this much is real.

ProfileProfile

KeywordsKeywords

Dragon
    The highest of the Phantasmal Species. Not a mere species, but a peak in itself. That which is called the genus of the Dragon Kind is populated by nothing more than concepts, which themselves happen to be capable of incarnating in reptilian form. As such, they cannot be killed by anything but Dragon Slayers, who are capable of striking down such concepts. True dragons no longer exist on the surface of the Earth, but they may incarnate through those who represent the same concept that they do - for example, those of great greed may align to the dragon Fafnir and so become it themselves. To that end, nothing can prevent nor force the incarnation of a dragon should they will it.

Rhongomyniad
    The Tower of the World that binds its Textures, pinning the Reverse Side in place against the outer shell of the planet that mankind inhabits. It has no direct connection to Melusine herself on a conceptual level, but due to its function and status, it is a kind of vital organ for her. Her compatibility with it is high, and if she were ever to wield a specific weapon...

BackgroundBackground

A certain legend speaks thusly.

Melusine was born with her two sisters to a Fairy and a king in Albany. Due to a certain oath being broken by their father, the girls were taken to live in Avalon from a young age. Upon reaching her teenage years, Melusine was overcome with curiosity, asking for the circumstances. Learning that her father had betrayed the single promise that he had made to her mother, she was furious, seeking vengeance, taking him and sealing him in a mountain with all the wealth he had gathered with the help of her sisters.

However, upon returning, she found that her mother disapproved of this immensely, and her form was distorted from merely a half-Fairy into a serpent - though it is sometimes attested as a mermaid. This horrified her, but despite her most profuse apologies, she was not transformed back no matter how much she begged. The horror and guilt in her heart grew, shaping her identity and sense of self-worth for years to come. Eventually she too came across a nobleman that she fell in love with, hailing from Poitou, but made him swear a vow to avoid her on certain days when her mutated form would manifest. He too broke his oath, but Melusine, determined to put an end to her own trauma, forgave him.

He did not seem to realise the magnitude of this decision for her, ridiculing her for her form in front of his court during an argument. Mortified beyond her ability to bear, she left him two magical rings that she had intended to give to him, transforming into a dragon and flying away.

Since then, she has sought many times to try again, finding many lovers and giving birth to many children, but every time their oaths to her have been broken. Travelling across Europe, she gave birth to dozens of so-called “swan children”, ancestors of many great heroes such as Siegfried, disseminating Dragon, Mermaid, and Fairy blood to her many human partners. While not every story of the genre is about her, most of them are. Her lineage invariably resulted in great heroes across the continent many times, and her fertility is venerated across the continent. The fairy dragon full of love roams the Earth even now, seeking out affection from any source that will provide it* You totally just called me a slut there, didn’t you?! No, it’s fine, I’ll own it! I’m objectively the sluttiest dragon on Earth anyway! You’re just jealous because you can’t get any! . Regardless of the truth of the story, that much is certainly...

PersonalityPersonality

Dislikes: Her own stubborn nature
    Talents: Carnage (physical), carnage (emotional)
    Natural enemy: A certain self-proclaimed Titania
    Alignment: True Neutral

Melusine is fundamentally an honest and open person. Her past is long and storied, and at some point, she seems to have decided that it’s simply much easier to wear her heart on her sleeve and not worry about complicated stuff. She is carefree and flippant to the point that it almost seems facetious at times, but she truly is just that optimistic. She enjoys new people, and is very attached to the concept of “love”. Affectionate to just about everyone, she can resemble a mother, a sister, a best friend, or even a lover without skipping a beat - not necessarily to gain favour or leave a certain impression, but simply because she enjoys it. For Melusine, it is fulfilling to make others around her feel wanted and happy. After casting off both the pretension of adolescence and the sophistry of adulthood, she has arrived at the conclusion that the simple childhood innocence which had once naively declared “good things are good because you like them” had actually been right about everything all along. She maintains a carefree youthful airheadedness, and strongly insists that it isn't senility.

She is always open to trying new things, and is very interested in the changing of the eras. Although she rarely has the education to engage in the very cutting edge of what is possible, she is very excited to live in the current age that has accelerated millions of times faster than anything that came before it. Naturally, she is interested in photography-based applications and social media, and has become quite interested in these so-called “virtual tubers”.* I'm a couch potato too, so I bet I could do it! Video games are also something she is familiar with, and her favourite genre is “hotties doing violence stylishly”, which isn’t really called one by the mainstream but tends to conjure plenty of examples in the minds of gamers regardless. Fictional explosions and sugary foods are her idea of a good pastime, and she’s developed a taste for trashy so-bad-it’s-good media as art has boomed recently.

Of course, she is not entirely open about her true identity. As confident in her own power as she is, she remains aware that the Mage’s Association is studying her source intensely, and likely has a number of specialists on hand specifically to deal with the likes of her if they ever came into conflict. As such, in order to avoid needing to defend herself against those who would try to dissect her or even just those who would take her mere existence as a threat, she has a tendency to lie relatively low. She thinks that covering her tracks too carefully would likely come off more suspicious than anything, so she’s not exactly in hiding. After all, the world of Mystery is full of unusual things.

Stranger's usual appearance - lacking wings and tail, but with a prominent “hair ornament”

For the most part, she basically only conceals her tail and wings, since her horns are generally permissible to most people. She can hide her horns as well if need be, but she prefers to keep them visible - it seems that she sees them as a kind of accessory. Perhaps because of her curse that prevents her from concealing her draconic features on Saturdays, she has taken to appreciating her own body more than most. Treating her very flesh as a kind of getup, she customises her body with piercings and stickers, and has considers herself unusually fortunate that the scales of the Red and White Dragons have merged into a bright pink. She has a fondness for revealing outfits that show off her beloved human form, but has a… strange reaction to those complimenting her cutely-adorned wings and tail. She is visibly preoccupied with the aesthetic of “sexy-cute”. Having lived through the 1960s and taking the philosophy of free love to heart for obvious reasons, she delights in presenting herself as flirtatiously as she can. It is as much for her own benefit as it is communicative for those around her: a kind of self-objectification for the purpose of ego reinforcement... or to put it less delicately, she enjoys the idea that she can be used as “████████ fodder” due to her pathological infatuation with affection itself. Naturally, because she holds herself to her own standard of what she considers attractive, just recording her response to the so-called “clone question” would be almost patronising.

All that said, despite her hunger for it, love is a mere hobby to her compared to its near-worship by normal humans. At “a bit over 1200 years old” (self-reported)* Exact age…? N-no, that’s fine. We all lie a little bit about our age, right? What’s important is that I’m legal. And I’m not an old hag just because I’m a bit beyond a human lifespan! I’m still young! More importantly, isn’t it a good thing to be able to score with a lady older than you?! So you better not make fun of me! , it no longer really matters if her paramour-de-jour broke an oath with her or not. She will leave them to their life eventually one way or another. It isn’t as though she has an inhuman mentality - on the contrary, her mindset is perhaps more human than any being of her calibre's reasonably should be - but rather that she has simply learned through past experience that “love is transient”. Her relationships historically do not extend beyond the honeymoon phase, and so she has come to the conclusion that this is the core of love itself. Her view of romance is coloured by the very fairytales that she herself lived, and so despite claiming to have been seeking marriage for centuries, her personality has become subtly warped so as to become a completely unmarriageable person who is incapable of long-term emotional commitments. Perhaps, some might reason, this is still the better alternative for an immortal in a world of beings who rarely even reach beyond a century in age. A human cannot spend their eternity with her, for both their sakes.

Of course, friendship and love are not all that separate. If both were to overlap, and that were to lead one to chase her as she departed... Well, who could say what the result would be? One thing is for sure: one would cease to be human.

*Tell her to find me an acre of land
    - parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme -
    between the saltwater and the seastrand,
    and she'll be a true love of mine.

By the way, the only thing Melusine loves more than a sweeping fairytale romance is apple juice. Although she has forgotten it herself, apples remind her of her birthplace in Avalon. If she offers to share her apple juice, it is a sign of deep trust. If one were to steal her apple juice, they would be destroyed accordingly.

Author’s NoteAuthor’s Note

Fair warning, because I can see this coming a mile off: every motherfucker asking "why isn't she Lover" is being tied down and made to read the sheet over and over until they understand themes.

Anyway, I was asked for another example of a Stranger, so I thought I'd polish one off. Contrary to the expectations of the class lacking anything, I wanted to shake things up at the other end of the spectrum to show that it's not limited to weaklings. Granted, I went a bit far... I think this one is probably fairly close to the upper limit.

So yeah, here's a Greater History Melusine. I did obviously take Lostbelt Melusine into account, but I wanted to shake things up and write her as if Lostbelt Melusine didn't exist - you know, because she technically doesn't. This one has her own story to tell. I like writing these sheets where there's a lot to explain, but simultaneously, it's coherent enough on a surface level that I don't actually have to explain much at all. You can get the more implicit stuff if you really want to, but you don't have to read into it to understand the basic premise.

Is it technically lying to put her in Create-A-Servant? I guess. Do I stand by it? Also yes, I wouldn't get away with putting her anywhere else. She's not exactly the first Living Servant in existence, so I think it's probably in the spirit of things. By the way, you guys in the back are completely correct - that is exactly why I changed the font to a sans-serif this time.

*Also, Mel or Lulu, you have to pick I won't let you leave without picking
    Last edited by Random; October 27th, 2022 at 06:56 PM.

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I... did not expect that faceclaim after the opening quote lol
    No comment on her because I haven't read LB6 yet though (fuck I havent even read Olympus yet)

Blog Entries
    For what it's worth, it's deliberately not reliant on LB6 to make sense. The references are just references. Anyone worried about spoilers doesn't need to be.

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So I wrote this up for the Stat This thread but it ran a bit longer than I intended so I decided to post it up here (although using a different FC) for the official compilation. Best to consider this a parallel version of the Saber Descartes I submitted a while back. As usual comments and critique would be welcome. Thanks for reading y'all!

Caster of Skeptical Certainty
    :

Appearance:

True Name: Rene Descartes (manifests as female influenced by the homunculus she created)

Alignment: Neutral Good

Strength- E
    Agility- D
    Endurance- E
    Mana- B
    Luck- C
    NP- C

Personality
    A sleepy girl who dislikes exerting herself physically, preferring to curl up in bed and read. She sometimes has trouble distinguishing her dreams from reality, which gives her a rather airheaded demeanor. Caster's wish on the Holy Grail is to revive her daughter Francine, whose death marks her deepest regret.

Dislikes: buzzing flies, the cold
    Talent: doubting everything to leave only the certain truth
    Natural Enemy: "Genius", Christina of Sweden

Class Skills
    :

Territory Creation- B

Suitable for creating a Workshop. Due to her reclusive (sleepyhead) nature said territory is woven with several wards meant to keep others from intruding on her studies (naptime).

Item Construction- B

Based on her experiments on light, Caster can craft pseudo-Philosopher Stones (Photonic Crystals) that capture light and convert it into Mana. From accounts of her love for automata including having created out of grief one in likeness for her dead daughter Francine Caster is also able to construct intricate mechanical familiars like clockwork birds and living sculptures, or even homunculus spare bodies for herself.

Personal Skills:

Vector Magecraft- B

Having invented the Cartesian system of vectors, Caster is able to utilize Magecraft that draws on them. She can create vector arrows either on space itself or any surface that propel anything that touches them in the dictated direction.

Methods Of Doubt- EX

The rigorous philosophy of doubting everything save for the most certain axioms Caster honed in her famous Meditations. Provides mental resistance along with a chance to see through deception and illusions aimed at her at rank A or lower. With this level of mental fortitude even a demon capable of entirely bewitching all five senses still wouldn't be able to convince Caster to doubt herself.

Weak Constitution- C

A frail and sickly child, her poor health was in part what drove Caster to devote herself to philosophy. Provides a chance of random status-drop during any action.

Noble Phantasm
    Cogito Ergo Sum
    Certainty Of Self Amidst Illusory World

Type: Anti-Mind, Anti-Team

The sublimation of Caster's famous thought-experiment illustrating the unreliability of the senses through the possibility of an omnipotent deceiving demon. The plush bear she always carries is actually the demon itself, an Imaginary Demon born from humanity's fears of being deceived and manipulated, having unwittingly contracted with Caster through her thought-experiment. Upon invoking the true name it unfurls its jaw, transforming into a terrifying demon and becomes capable of broadcasting illusions through its mouth like a film-projector. These illusions are powerful enough to influence the World and impart physical effects if the target believes in them. For instance an illusion of falling snow could actually chill the target, while one of a dragon can burn them with flames. However if one has mental resistance to see through her illusions they'll be powerless to affect them.

Incidentally her demonic plush-toy is sentient and named "Genius". It speaks in a rough voice and enjoys teasing Caster, but is mostly harmless.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I just took my turn on the stat this thread by the way. Jishara should be next.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Promised myself I'd start commenting again after the compilation, so here I am. Some wonderful jobs, but it'll be a bit more expansive below.

Unsolved Act of Humanity: A simple servant, but beautifully executed. Taking something like an unsolved crime and making a very conceptual assassin out of it is an inspired idea, and one that was done quite well. Its various skills, and even NP, leading back to the very core of the Unsolved aspect makes sense, and the fact they disappear after the NP feels very fitting for there never being a solution. Wonderful job.

Dr. Woland: Hmmm, interesting for a demon to hate those who deny Jesus this much, but eh, the character is the character. Overall, it is a very succinct, to the point reading experience. Whilst the chosen effects for some of the skills are… intriguing, to say the least, the explanation and choice of what was crystallised to become the skill match up well enough. Overall, an intriguing sheet.

Luisa Casati: An interesting take on an… eccentric woman. Whilst some of the anecdotes, such as the electric dress, don’t feel full on skill worthy, the overall design is a good one. Using the mannequin as the NP for Berserker very much feels like a great idea, especially as it’s probably one of the biggest points to show she was a bit bonkers. Nicely done Nails. Also, props on the Rias Gremory FC.

Jalal ad-Din: The Shield of the Muslim world, eh? A very well done servant, and well done addressing the dissonance between the personality you gave him, and what reality records. Overall, a nicely done sheet, with a really nice point with his variably decreasing IP variant.

Robber Baron: …Well that’s a sheet. It most certainly is indeed. Honestly, it isn’t terrible, but this one could use a bit more work than Woland. For one, a character like this feels like it would do much better with a ‘face’ other than the concept, as it isn’t a terribly old one as far as I’m aware. That would help with the personality, which feels somewhat lacking in the end. However, there are some nice points, such as the Np’s overall concept feeling quite appropriate for one devoted to urban architecture of the capitalist bend(Factories).

Sitonai: Well, I’ll start with the fact that the massive differentiation from the cannon… ‘Sitonai’ definitely helps justify this sheet's existence. And whilst I have a mind to argue the first and second NP’s could be combined, I like the separate ideas too much to really go through with it. Using the two animals she used to distract the snake as familiars is a really cool idea, and the characteristics both fit the story, and the animals in question. Overall, a really nice sheet.

Praetorian: Well…Insert DiCaprio meme here

Overall, I just really love this sheet. Yes, I agree with others that it’s a bit tenuous, but I’ll also agree with the fact that certain parts of the execution, specifically the little bits of changing skills to appear nicer, and the two NP’s, especially the second one, are very creative constructs. I have no need to echo the detraction on the personality, although I will say that one way I’ve found to improve personality writing has been forcing myself to give it more screen time… essentially sink or swim it. Otherwise, very nicely done, and nice to have you!

Melusine: …you have a line talking about cute… and then immediately hit with the sexy… damn you.

However, overall this is an amazing take at Mel. Whilst I’ll probably never get used to Stranger’s number of personal skills/lack of class skills, all the ones selected for this sheet are very appropriate, and led up well to the full reveal of her nature. She really just is such a lovable girl, and damn I wish I could have her in Chaldea. Overall, extremely well done Random, nice to have another sheet giving guidelines for the Stranger class.

On a side note about power, I’m surprised you thought people would only consider it for weaklings. I’ve got a servant idea who’s probably strongest in Stranger… although due to some conceptual fuckery on my end.

Rene Descartes: Well, that happened faster than expected. Cool to see the Stat This thread is already helping people with some concepts. As it is, this is a really cool idea using the inspiration, and overall done really well. I’ve not got much more to say on it, as I think it just flows so well, but isn’t particularly stand out.

Wait… does this mean I actually have to do a Clifford K. Berryman sheet???
    Gaze upon the Throne of Heroes!(Servant Compendium)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    Wait… does this mean I actually have to do a Clifford K. Berryman sheet???
    Nope, though I am working on Scheiff (my choice for Ismail's), and Huascar (my choice for Nine's) after thinkng about them a bit due to the faceclaims

Blog Entries
    …you have a line talking about cute… and then immediately hit with the sexy… damn you.

"Hehe~★ Are you maaad?~★"

sorry but scribbleface is important

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

Blog Entries

Source: Twisted Wonderland

Class: Lancer
    Other Classes: N/A
    True Name: Huascar
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Place of Origin: Incan Empire (16th Century)
    Stars: 2/5

Parameters:

STR: C
    END: C
    AGI: C
    MGI: D
    LCK: D
    NP: C

Height: 189cm
    Weight: 101lbs
    Dislikes: Religion, tradition
    Talent: Destroying tracitions
    Natural Enemy: Atahualpa, Pachacuti
    Attribute: Sky
    Traits: Divine, Male, Humanoid, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: Cadena de Oro
    Catalyst: Molten gold mixed with blood, a certain shattered golden chain

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance B: Huascar lived in a domain where Magic was preserved for longer, gaining him an average rank, increased by his status as a Sapa Inca.

Personal Skills:

Reaping the Solar Lands B: Huascar claimed and took the lands of both the Deceased Incas, forbidden due to their Hero cults, and the Sun, forbidden, as it was the lands of a god. However, he still claimed them. This skill enables him to claim the territory of "deceased heroes", I.E. servants, absorbing it by right of conquest. This makes him a natural enemy to the Caster servant in a given grail war. In addition, he gains bonuses against the divine.

Removal of the First Heir B: His brother, Ninan Cuyochi, was the first choice given by his father for being the successor. However, Huascar wound up in the victorious position by the end, before getting deposed himself by the Spaniards and Atahualpa. This skill enables him to cause temporary forgetfulness in those he chooses, creating a devastating attack.

Sapa Inca B: As one of the Sapa Incas of the Incan Empire, he gains this skill denoting his status. Includes Divinity at rank D, reduced due to his claiming the territories of his divine ancestor Inti, as well as incorporating Imperial Privilege. In his case, the main skill he can use through this is Golden Rule, although Mana Burst (Flame), Traversing Territory, Madness Enhancement, and several other skills are still selectable.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Cadena de Oro
    Golden Chain Which Marks My Arrival

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 10 meters
    Max Targets: 1 target

The golden chain that he was named after, forged to commemorate his birth. This manifests as a titanic golden chain, with a large pointed tip, which can be contracted and expanded at his will, acting almost as if it is molten. When its true name is called, the chain gains the properties of "seizing", beginning to glow red and seizing that which it sweeps through as his territory. Those hit by it in this state become marked as "his people", losing mana slowly but surely.

Lore: Huascar was the second-to-last Sapa Inca of the pre-conquest era, ascending the throne between 1527 and 1532. At his birth, a titanic golden chain was forged, which is what he was named after. He took the throne despite his older brother being the initial choice by his father, Huayna Capac, lasting for five years in which he took the land of the Sun and of the Hero Cults for himself, which was disliked by his people, causing civil war with Atahualpa, before the Spaniards arrived and Atahualpa took power.

Personality: A stoic, stern person. He dislikes tradition, finding it merely superstitious beliefs. He prefers to wield power over those properties directly, destroying the traditions and seizing them. He abhors those who follow tradition obsessively. His wish would be to claim power over all traditions and be able to control or shatter them.

Relationships:

Pachacuti: "Honored Ancestor, I will not follow your traditions."

Huayna Capac: "Father. A pleasure to see you again."

Atahualpa: "Brother. How have you been? Since you killed me, that is."

William Thornton: "So arrogant. Pathetic."

F. Scott Fitzgerald: "Yes, all tradition must fall, all must always change."

La Candileja: "Humanity was responsible? Truly odd."

Blog Entries
    Also jishara, I was wondering if you'd already heard about Luisa Casati, given you've written sheets for people connected to her (like Eleonora Duse) and have decent knowledge about 20th century figures in general?

Blog Entries
    I did do some research into her previously. I really like the sheet, especially how you used her duplicate.

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    Assassin of Primal horror

Assassin, yes, it's me, my dear friend. Do you know what I want the most right now? Big bucket of ice cream

Class: Assassin
    True Name: Jean-Bedel Bokassa/Gustave
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Place of Origin: Africa
    Armament: pointed cane

STRENGE — C(A with Noble Phantasm)
    ENDURANCE — C(A with Noble Phantasm)
    AGILITY — C(B with Noble Phantasm)
    MANA — B
    LUCK — C
    NP — B

Class skills:

Conceal Presence(E, B with NP)

Suitable for espionage. You can completely disappear and become almost invisible, even contrary to the perception of the Servant. However, the effectiveness will decrease as soon as preparations for the attack are made. It's not about this Assassin. His rank is ridiculously low. He cannot and does not want to hide himself in any way. How could he even become an Assassin?

Personal skills:

Cannibalism(A)

Assassin’s famous deed. This skill allows him to regenerate mana by devouring human flesh. However, the use of this skill is not limited to this. Devouring human organs allows Assassin, as he puts it, to gain powers. Depending on the organ, this may be:

Brain — Assassin can view the victim's memories

Liver — briefly increases luck

Heart — the healing of wounds

Stop looking at me so accusingly! Even ancient warriors believed that human organs contained human strength. Or do you want to weaken me? Remember, I will not tolerate betrayal

Golden rule(Wealth)(A)

This skill measures the wealth required to acquire wealth. Assassin was one of the richest rulers in Africa, spending a lot of money on finery and festivities while his people languished in poverty. With this rank, you don't have to worry about running out of wealth.

Money... money is the thing that rules the whole world. You may have talent, you may have a good heart, but without money you will never go out into the world ... well said, huh, my friend? This quotation must be written with a pen covered with diamonds in a gilded book

Dialogue with animals (Crocodiles)(C)

This skill allows Assassin to communicate with crocodiles. Although during his lifetime Assassin liked to feed opponents to these reptiles, he did not have a special connection with crocodiles. The very fact that Assassin has this skill suggests that this servant has a far from simple nature.

Charisma(D-)

A skill that allows you to lead people. Assassin’s rank is frankly weak, he is able to lead only a small group. Also, Assassin will lose their trust over time with every turn.

It's not my fault that these pathetic people are unable to contain their envy.

Predatory Instinct(B)

Something like a sixth sense, warning the owner of a possible danger. Surprisingly, Assassin always listens to this feeling, which is strange to expect from such a person. The fact of having this skill demonstrates that the Assassin is not so simple. During his lifetime, he himself flew to his own country, where his subjects longed for his death

Noble Phantasm:

Décret sur l'uniforme scolaire
    Massacre over clothes
    C, Anti-Unit

The crystallization of the famous Assassin's decree on expensive school uniforms, which caused riots and unrest in his country, ending in a massacre and the overthrow of the Assassin's regime. This Phantasm is a kind of curse that an Assassin can place on an enemy's clothing. Cursed clothing every day takes a decent amount of mana from the enemy, which is transferred to the Assassin. However, getting rid of the cursed clothes will play another part of that NP.

The fact is that clothes become a receptacle for dark spirits, which, in case of disregard for the "decree" of the Assassin, will begin to hunt for the owner of the clothes. The appearance of these spirits is similar to the ghostly soldiers of the Assassin's army, they are armed with machetes, rifles, knives, machine guns and more. For sufficiently strong servants, they do not pose a particular threat, however, every 24 hours from the moment of their destruction, the spirits will be reborn and begin hunting again. This NP is designed more for weakening and exhausting than for a full-fledged attack.

Gustave
    Primal human horror
    B, Target: Self

A noble phantasm that allows shapeshifting, but is unrelated to the Assassin legend. When activated, the body of the Assassin increases in size, covered with durable scales. He grows a crocodile tail, claws appear on his hands, his teeth become sharper.

In this form of human crocodile, Assassin's STR and END ranks are increased. The Conceal Presence rank becomes B. The Assassin also gains Monstrous Strength and Sadistic Constitution. Moreover, the personality of the Assassin himself is also undergoing changes.

Description:

Likes: Ice cream, meat, swim, wealth, swamps(?), rivers(?), lakes(?)
    Dislikes: Liars, traitors, hunters(?), heat

Assassin’s true name is Jean-Bedel Bokassa, dictator of the Central African Republic from 1966 to 1979.

Bokassa is trying to show himself as a pleasant person to communicate with, a generous ruler and just a good guy who considers the Master as a friend. It turns out that he is very bad, he does not notice point-blank.

For his class, Bokassa is a very noisy personality who likes to be the center of attention. He is crazy about wealth, because he is convinced that the best things are expensive things.

Despite his cruelty, Jean-Bedel isn’t a sadist. His cruelty and disregard for human life makes him similar to the rulers of antiquity. Bokassa considers cruelty the most reliable way to control people.

In general, Jean-Bedel isn’t able to admit his mistakes. He will always blame enemies, allies, bad conditions, anything and anyone but himself.

Gustave is a large male Nile crocodile that lives in Burundi and is known for being a cannibal. Even though the people of Burundi fear him, his legend isn’t strong enough for Gustave to become a Heroic Spirit.

It isn’t clear how Gustave and Bokassa united. The Central African Republic doesn’t border Burundi, and the dictator has never crossed paths with a crocodile. But without Gustav, Bokassa wouldn’t not have been the strongest Caster, without Bokassa, Gustav could only have been a not very strong Berserker. For this reason of association, this Servant has the ability to become an Assassin.

This duet is dominated by the personality of Bokassa. Gustave is quite happy with this, providing the dictator with the Predator Instinct and Animal Dialogue skills. When Bokassa uses his second NP, Gustave now dominates. The Assassin becomes a cunning and ruthless predator whose typical prey is humans. Gustave is most effective in swamps, rivers and lakes, favorite habitats of crocodiles. In the city, Gustave will use the sewers, much to the displeasure of Bokassa. Gustav doesn’t feel any hatred for people - for him this is just another prey that is very easy to catch. Unless he is annoyed by hunters trying to kill him.

Notes: Since there is Idi Amin, then where without this dictator? Don't worry, I don't intend to create lists for all the dictators of the 20th century. I am attracted to very extraordinary personalities and this character is no exception.

Blog Entries

Sitonai: Well, I’ll start with the fact that the massive differentiation from the cannon… ‘Sitonai’ definitely helps justify this sheet's existence. And whilst I have a mind to argue the first and second NP’s could be combined, I like the separate ideas too much to really go through with it. Using the two animals she used to distract the snake as familiars is a really cool idea, and the characteristics both fit the story, and the animals in question. Overall, a really nice sheet.
    I'm glad that the difference between the two works for you! I personally loathe canon Sitonai for simply not doing the research, but if I can preserve canonicity while making a version I like more, then there's the cake I get to eat lol. I won't not admit I initially wrote Sitonai under a bit of spite. Anyways, thanks

Blog Entries
    Luisa Casati: An interesting take on an… eccentric woman. Whilst some of the anecdotes, such as the electric dress, don’t feel full on skill worthy, the overall design is a good one. Using the mannequin as the NP for Berserker very much feels like a great idea, especially as it’s probably one of the biggest points to show she was a bit bonkers. Nicely done Nails. Also, props on the Rias Gremory FC.
    Huh, surprised yet thankful that you liked the Rias FC, was concerned it was a bit of a stretch for Casati

Also, I briefly considered the electrified dress for a full-on Noble Phantasm in development (eh, maybe in another class), so a low-ranked skill was actually toning it down