Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 337378818283
Results 1,641 to 1,652 of 1652

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Blog Entries
    While mine goes for making his powers completely fictional, you do what's usually done by making it what actually happened to him. However, yours has to be the most interesting of those that I've seen.

Mac Bethad mac Findlaích: The faceclaim is from one of my favorite games of all time, so I feel obligated to comment. If there was ever a candidate for Innocent Monster, he's definitely it, and I quite enjoy the dark and terrifying ways it's twisted its Saint Graph here, as well as the more petty likes and dislikes of his listed at the end. I'm fond of the little detail that the witches of his time didn't actually worship a Greek goddess, in particular. I would like to see him and Richard II summoned into the same war and reluctantly collaborating with each other to retroactively murder that sneaky git Willy Shakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    While mine goes for making his powers completely fictional, you do what's usually done by making it what actually happened to him. However, yours has to be the most interesting of those that I've seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecieverSupreme View Post
    Mac Bethad mac Findlaích: The faceclaim is from one of my favorite games of all time, so I feel obligated to comment. If there was ever a candidate for Innocent Monster, he's definitely it, and I quite enjoy the dark and terrifying ways it's twisted its Saint Graph here, as well as the more petty likes and dislikes of his listed at the end. I'm fond of the little detail that the witches of his time didn't actually worship a Greek goddess, in particular. I would like to see him and Richard II summoned into the same war and reluctantly collaborating with each other to retroactively murder that sneaky git Willy Shakes.
    Thank you both very kindly for the feedback! The big goal of mine when I started work on Mac Bethad was to actually acknowledge the real historical figure (sorta how Lancer of Black was the real, bonafide Vlad III... just with that one Noble Phantasm that he hated so), but also show what happens when one's legend is so thoroughly warped and distorted by such an iconic take it completely morphs their character and combat abilities. And acknowledge small hints and glimmers of the real Mac Bethad amongst them all (hence, his sword's origins really being from druids and wild women enchanting it... and not the cult of a Greek goddess ). Berserkers to me are a really interesting class to tackle because for something as simple as "a brick", there's still a goldmine of creative opportunities for the class that takes and twists a hero to be defined by their rage.

And ngl? Macbeth and Richard III tag-teaming to try and be rid of the Bard once and for all is not only a great idea? But it's also the single most bizarre buddy road trip/black comedy movie I want to see, ASAP.

Blog Entries
    I would watch that

Out of Disguise

True Name: Marian Loxley (née Plantagenet) (Maid Marian)
    Class: Archer
    Other Qualifying Classes: N/A
    Title: Robin Hood; The Green Lady
    Armament: Her yew longbow, a short sword and a knife.
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Country of Origin: Britain (England)
    Source: Folklore
    Likes: Archery tournaments, honouring her husband’s legacy, civil reform
    Dislikes: Exploitation of power, corrupt officials, the aristocracy
    Talents: Redistributing wealth, vigilantism
    Natural Enemies: King John, “that witch” who murdered her husband, Sheriff of Nottingham
    CV: [EN] Tara Platt (Mitsuru Kirijo, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3)
    [JP] Atsuko Yuya (Jill Valentine, Resident Evil 5)

Parameters

• Strength: D
    • Endurance: D
    • Agility: A
    • Mana: C
    • Luck: B/A (Rank Up via the effects of Robin’s Ring)
    • Noble Phantasm: B+

Class Skills

Independent Action
    The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from one's Master; the ability that allows for action even in the absence of the Master. Typically featured as a Class Skill of the Archer Class.
    • A: It is possible to take action even without a Master. However, to use Noble Phantasms of great magical energy consumption, backup from the Master is necessary. At Rank A, it is possible for a Servant to stay in the world for about a week without a Master.

Magic Resistance
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    • D: Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Personal Skills

Golden Rule [Wealth & Body]
    A rare Skill that combines two kinds of Golden Rule: the measurement of one’s fortune to acquire wealth; and possession of a natural and perfect goddess-like body, preserving beauty.
    • C: As the niece of King Richard I and King John, Archer was famed across England both for her wealth - able to live in lavish comfort for nigh all other life - and her exceptional beauty; widely considered to be “the most beautiful woman” in England of her age.

Incitement
    A Skill that functions as the acquisition of the words and gestures to lead the citizens and the masses. Especially, when employed against an individual, it functions as a sort of mental attack.
    • B+: Despite not having been born and raised among the people, Archer learned from her husband and his friends the art of reaching out to and empathising with them. This made her something of a civic leader in later life, both as Lady Marian and as Robin Hood, whom people from all walks of life looked up to. Ranks Up if trying to inspire resistance against a corrupt authority figure.

Intrigue
    A Skill that functions as the acquisition of the words and gestures to control the rich and the influential. Considered to be the counterpart to Incitement. Cannot be used to sway those with an affinity towards the divine, however; would require another Skill in combination with it to achieve such an effect.
    • B: While she always had a distaste towards the gentry of England during her lifetime, Archer knew how to integrate herself well among them; manipulating them to lower their guard or expose vital details to her heists with the Merry Men; or to push her proposals for civil and administrative reform forward.

Nature of a Rebellious Spirit
    The temperament to never remain at one location and never embrace a lord. A wandering star that does not have the capacity to be king nor is capable of finding his own king. Negates the effects of Charisma with the same rank.
    • B

Noble Phantasms
    Everything I Do, I Do It For You
    Robin’s Ring
    Type: Anti-Unit [Self]

A simple band of gold: its most notable feature being the vivid, forest-green gemstone on it. It is Archer’s most prized possession; the ring her dear, late husband gave to her on their wedding day in the heart of Sherwood Forest. Archer never remarried during her life out of dedication. The ring itself seems to possess passive magic, as if the will of her husband continues to protect and assist her in subtle ways, even when separated by death.

So long as she is wearing this ring, Archer receives a Rank Up to her Luck and can disguise her presence as a Servant passively, so long as she is not preparing an attack. This acts as an equivalent to a C-Rank in Presence Concealment; allowing for Archer to blend in with society, and effectively use her Intrigue and Incitement Skills to engage with multiple circles of people. If, however, she is hiding amidst woodland and foliage, she can temporarily match the incredible woodland stealth of her predecessor, bolstering her Presence Concealment to the equivalent of an A-Rank.

Golden Arrow of a Widow’s Lamentation
    Failnaught Ardour
    Type: Anti-Unit

In life, during her tenure as Robin Hood, Archer eventually came into acquisition of the legendary bow of Sir Tristan himself, Failnaught. While she typically prefers to use her own yew longbow for combat, as it requires a negligible amount of mana compared to the far steeper amount required for the bow of the famed Knight of the Round Table, she is able to channel Failnought Ardour to replicate the Golden Arrow: the trophy won by her husband, in her name, at her wretched uncle’s tournament, denoting him as the greatest archer in all the land. Of course, as she is not the Knight of the Bow herself, Failnaught Ardour is not as powerful as it would be in the hands of Sir Tristan.

This Golden Arrow manifests through Failnaught Ardour as a single, shimmering bolt of brilliant gold. In actuality, it is comprised of hundreds upon hundreds of smaller vacuum arrows all overlapping and intersecting with one another into a single, cohesive form. No matter how swift a hero shot at with this bow, unless one has the innate ability to jump dimensions or to remove themselves from this plane of existence, the Golden Arrow will meet its mark. Piercing through any magical defenae, it then collapses; rending and tearing its target apart internally with every single vacuum arrow. A successful Endurance check can mitigate the severity of this damage, but still leave a victim heavily crippled with internal damage, suffering Rank Downs in all of their Parameters until fully healed. A failed Endurance check, however, means certain death as their Magical Core is ruptured and torn asunder. Such is the strength of a grieving widow’s lamentations when fired by the legendary bow of lamentations itself.

Lore

Archer's true name is Marian Loxley, the former Maid Marian of fame from the Robin Hood stories, and later Robin Hood in her own right in secret.

The daughter of one of Henry II's many illegitimate children, Marian was elevated to a position of luxury thanks largely to her father's successful career as a knight of the realm, and their favour with her uncle Richard. Betrothed to the then-Sheriff of Nottingham and moved to the northern city by the orders of her uncle John during his regency of the realm, it was here that Marian first met the love of her life. One of the many Green Men who took up the mantle of "Robin Hood", for all his dashing antics, he himself was soft spoken and poetic; a true romantic at heart who just sought companionship.

The kind and gentle Marian and the quiet but resolved Robin were a match made in heaven. She defied her betrothal, supported the Merry Men's campaigning against John and his corrupt officials and eventually, with the blessings of Richard I during his briefest of returns to the country he was supposed to be ruling (but much would rather leave to others while he gallivanted off to fight in the Holy Land), they were at last allowed to wed. Life truly seemed perfect.

Then John became King of England.

Then her beloved Robin died. Betrayed by his own cousin during a bleeding and stabbed by her husband. At the very least, Robin Hood was able to take one of his killers with him. He could never bring himself to harm a lady, however.

... but Marian would not have that same hesitation when she found the treacherous "healer".

Robin's death had broken her world. And Nottingham's spirit. Without the Green Man, who would protect them? And Marian knew... it had to be her. While Marian, Lady Dowager Loxley, would work to publicly better the lives of the city's people? At night, she would don the green. At night, she would rob from the rich with whom she had to indulge when the sun was up. She became Robin Hood.

A mantle she would be the last to claim.

Personality

Marian always thinks of the little people, giving what she can and doing whatever it takes to make sure they are cared for. At one point, she was a gentle soul who was a supportive figure to the real Robin Hood and his Merry Men. She made sure they were well cared for during restful times, and she was the one whose smile brightened their day when a mission had gone awry.

However, after the death of her love, she became quieter, melancholy, and somewhat vengeful. She throws a mask to show herself as the lovable Robin Hood that she tries to live through, but she is truly lonely and quiet from the sorrow of her lover's death. She despises those who are rich, who take advantage of those below them to better themselves. She has no problem to steal from them, and she is willing to kill if they get in her way. She can also be a very stubborn person, going against what others say to do her own thing or what she believes is right.

Her only wish upon the Grail would be to reunite with her beloved husband and their friends. To be able to finally put down the bow and end her mission. However, were she to meet another whose heart touched hers in the same way as her dear husband's, the conflict between finally moving on from her grief and "fidelity" to a long-dead husband whose golden arrow struck her heart would be terrible.

Relationships

Robin Hood: "...a...are yo...is tha-... is that you... beloved...?"
    Little John: "No matter the face you wear, still ever the jovial giant, eh Johnny-boy?" [sad chuckle] "I missed that spirit."
    Richard I: "Oh? Are you actually going to stick around this time, Uncle? How many days am I to be privileged with your 'grace' until you bugger off back to Jerusalem?"
    King John: "When we last spoke, you were a dead man walking with only your crown protecting you. Your crown means NOTHING in this age..."
    Tristan: "My apologies, but I rather would like to keep this bow, should you permit it. Its sadness... it's strangely comforting."
    Gilgamesh: "All that gold, and yet the shine still fails to cover up your blackened heart? Well, then I suppose it shan't matter if I were to take some of it."

Blog Entries
    As someone who enjoys the more unique concepts people make (even if I myself may not be able to add my own), this is something I really love. Reminds me of one story who had Assassin Robin Hood, but it was revealed near the end to be Guy Gisbourne, who was decapitated and presented as "Robin Hood" to the public. Whenever someone tried to summon Robin Hood rather than Robin of Loxley, they get Gisbourne. It was a great twist that I have now spoiled (yeah me!). Helped that he was in a really good story.

I only have two complaints and a question for this one. One is the issues with grammar, one of which being "Betrayed by his own cousin during a bleeding and stabbed by her husband." which I cannot possibly decipher, and the other being not having a personalized description for Nature of a Rebellious Spirit, but that ones more nitpick than anything else.

The question is, Protection from Arrows is not a magical defense. Could a Servant possessing that Skill feasibly avoid or parry the Arrow NP, at least if it was at a high enough rank? Or could they perhaps intercept the arrow and destroy it with some tool or attack? Basically, I'm asking if, since they can't avoid it by running, are there ways to stop the arrow from hitting its mark, as it is not an EX NP?

As someone who enjoys the more unique concepts people make (even if I myself may not be able to add my own), this is something I really love. Reminds me of one story who had Assassin Robin Hood, but it was revealed near the end to be Guy Gisbourne, who was decapitated and presented as "Robin Hood" to the public. Whenever someone tried to summon Robin Hood rather than Robin of Loxley, they get Gisbourne. It was a great twist that I have now spoiled (yeah me!). Helped that he was in a really good story.

I only have two complaints and a question for this one. One is the issues with grammar, one of which being "Betrayed by his own cousin during a bleeding and stabbed by her husband." which I cannot possibly decipher, and the other being not having a personalized description for Nature of a Rebellious Spirit, but that ones more nitpick than anything else.

The question is, Protection from Arrows is not a magical defense. Could a Servant possessing that Skill feasibly avoid or parry the Arrow NP, at least if it was at a high enough rank? Or could they perhaps intercept the arrow and destroy it with some tool or attack? Basically, I'm asking if, since they can't avoid it by running, are there ways to stop the arrow from hitting its mark, as it is not an EX NP?
    Heya! Just to answer yoru questions and quibbles, 'cause admittedly I wrote and posted this sheet at, lik, 2-3 AM o n my end--

1) It's a referenceto the story of Robin Hood's death (well, one of them). In it, his cousin is a prioress who was giving him a leech bleeding (as you do). But she betrayed Robin and, depending on which take you use, either bled him dry herself with excessive leaching or had her lover/husband, Sir Roger of Doncaster, stabbing as weakened Robin fatally (only to get a knifeto the gut in the process). So what I had meant to explain and failed to (sorry 'bout that) is that Robin of Loxley was betrayed by his own cousin and her husband as revenge for Robin having been given his father's lands and titles upon being given back a lordship.

2) I totally forgot to put in a personalized description. Sorry 'bout that. ^^;

3) In theory? It is entirely possible Protection from Arrows could deflect the blow at a high enough rank. Lower ranks could probably halt the Golden Arrow itself but then be struck hundreds of times over by the smaller vacuum arrows that detonate from it for external injury, but someone with a B-Rank or higher could mitigate or even negate the damage of this Noble Phantasm.

And not going to lie? That idea of Guy of Gisborne as "Robin Hood" is FAN-TASTIC. Props to the writer who came up with that!

Blog Entries
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/21643945
    His story deserves love. There are flaws, but it definitely far better written than most. Plus, it's finished, so it's instantly superior to those that run for an eternity.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/21643945
    His story deserves love. There are flaws, but it definitely far better written than most. Plus, it's finished, so it's instantly superior to those that run for an eternity.
    This is not a 'promoting random stories' thread.

I know this is my third sheet in a row; I am sorry about that. ^^; Just feels like the appropriate time of year to post this one--

Original Selves

(Dio - Brom; Jonathan - Ichabod)

True Name:] Ichabod Crane and Abraham “Brom Bones” Van Brunt
    Class: Rider
    Other Qualifying Classes: Berserker, Assassin
    Title: The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow
    Armament: A cavalry sabre
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral (Neutral Evil as the Dullahan)
    Country of Origin: United States of America
    Source: Literature (The Legend of Sleepy Hollow)
    Likes: Katrina Van Tassel’s dad’s money, the idea of a trophy wife, [Crane] reading, [Bones] beer
    Dislikes: Ghost stories, [Crane] pranksters who take it too far, [Bones] stuffy know-it-all teachers
    Talents: Stirring up local superstition
    Natural Enemies: [Ichabod Crane] Brom Bones
    [Brom Bones] Ichabod Crane
    [Both] Headless Horsemen
    CV: [EN, Ichabod Crane] Kyle Hebert (Noriaki Kakyoin, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders)
    [EN, Brom Bones] Dameon Clarke (Handsome Jack, Borderlands 2)
    [JP, Ichabod Crane] Yusuke Kobayashi (Senku Ishigami, Dr. Stone)
    [JP, Brom Bones] Wataru Hatano (Gajeel Redfox, Fairy Tail)

Parameters
    • Strength: D
    • Endurance: C
    • Agility: B/B+ (Rank Up via the effects of Relentless Pursuer)
    • Mana: C
    • Luck: E
    • Noble Phantasm: B

Class Skills

Magic Resistance
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    • D: Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Riding
    The ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding.
    • B++: Most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill, even vehicles that did not exist in the time period one was alive in, for they are no exception. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts. Double Rank Up in the case of horses or horse-like creatures, allowing Rider to ride even Phantasmal Beasts if they are equine in physiology.

Personal Skills

Fearsome Mien
    The ability to cause fear with a nigh-supernatural aura of terror around one’s self. This Skill can be turned on and off at will. Can be mitigated or outright negated by the Valour Skill.
    • B+: One’s mere presence alone is unnerving. Ranked Up if engaged in in pursuit.

Instinct
    The ability to instantly identify “the best personal course of action” during combat. Because this Skill allows for the prediction of trajectory, it is possible to avoid attacks from firearms.
    • B: Through this ability, it is possible to halve the penalties inflicted by visual and auditory interference. (As its famous moniker indicates, Rider is indeed without a head, including facial features such as eyes. Instead, a supernatural ‘sight’ s achieved through the use of Instinct. This gives Rider a better sense of spatial awareness and the ability to see outlines and feel the movement of people or objects, but not visualise specific details (such as sign language or visual cues).)

Murder on a Misty Night
    A Skill associated with the Servant's nature as a serial killer rather than as an assassin, which permits a pre-emptive strike against all opponents.
    • B+: Luck Checks for successful pre-emptive strikes have an increased success ratio. Ranks Up the effects to an assured critical “first hit” if a successful flank attack is executed whilst on horseback.

Relentless Pursuer
    The ability to unrelentingly chase after a target, bolstering their own speed through sheer will to catch up to their target.
    • A: At this rank, one’s zeal for the chase cannot be quelled. Ranks Up Agility if one is pursuing a specific target with singular focus, so long as they remain within one’s line of sight.

Noble Phantasms

The Brains and the Brawn
    The Legend of Sleepy Hollow

Strapped to Rider’s back at all times are two Jack-o-Lanterns, each one with a face carved into it, emanating flames from the mouths and eyes. These pumpkins are in truth vessels for the Heroic Spirits summoned into the form of the Headless Horseman: Ichabod Crane and Brom Bones. By placing one of these two pumpkins atop of its neck, Rider can cast a glamour effect upon himself: his physical appearance taking on that of whoever’s ‘head’ he is currently wearing, and allowing that personality some extent of control as opposed to just being a tagalong. It can also take the head back off to restore its true, combat-capable form. While under the effects of this glamour, Rider’s Skills and other Noble Phantasms are sealed off, allowing for “Ichabod” or “Brom” to perfectly blend in as ordinary humans.

However, if under the guise of “Ichabod”, Rider gets access to Expert of Many Specialisations at a D-Rank, making research and intel-gathering via the use of institutes such as libraries or schools far more effective. Under the guise of “Brom”, Rider gets a Charisma of D-Rank: not enough to truly be an authoritative figure, but enough to generate a magnetic personality (akin to that of a town darling) to coax information out of friendlier faces.

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow’s most useful ability, however, is the way in which it extends Rider’s own lifespan. As a relatively young Heroic Spirit, depending on successful fear-inducing checks and the element of surprise to achieve a victory, Rider would fall fast in prolonged combat with another Servant. What it can instead do, should it receive a mortal blow, is will for one of its two “heads” to take the strike instead. This will wipe the consciousness residing in that pumpkin from the amalgamation, preventing their form from being taken again, but it also detonates in a surge of vibrant, fiery mana. This is equivalent to a B-Rank fire spell; the explosive flash providing a means of escape for Rider, as well las potential retaliatory damage against its would-be assailant.

Such is the fate of the two men of Sleepy Hollow. Their reckless invocation of the Headless Horseman once again being the catalyst to their demise. Once both heads have been lost, this Noble Phantasm is permanently sealed off from Rider.

Charge of the Blight Brigade
    Hessian’s Horse
    Type: Anti-Unit

According to popular legend, the Headless Horseman was once a Hessian: a German volunteer soldier for the British Army during the American Revolution. An unlucky cannon shot led to his decapitation and sparked the legend of his headless spectre’s wrath. This Noble Phantasm is the crystallisation of this origin story: providing the Headless Horseman with his iconic steed, a phantasmal, sable-black horse with a smoky mane and burning eyes.

The Hessian’s Horse is as tenacious a steed as its rider is a pursuer. It can run across almost any surface, including along walls, and phase through solid obstacles such as buildings. It can even charge through magical barriers of a B-Rank or lower. However, the Hessian’s Horse cannot cross water in any way or form, even if there is a bridge; complicating the Horseman’s pursuit should one be near, or aware to the location of, a river.

Ultimate Noble Phantasm

The Dark, Crooked Rider
    Dullahan

The legend of the Headless Horseman is heavily influenced by other such tales of its kind in Europe; of particular note is the Irish dullahan, a headless rider said to charge the fields of Ireland, armed with a whip crafted from human spines. Some legends even say the Dullahan is an embodiment of the pagan deity Crom Dubh himself. A crooked, dark vassal of death itself.

Should Rider lose both of its heads (Ichabod Crane and Brom Bones), then this Noble Phantasm will automatically activate; releasing the inhibitors on Rider’s powers that the legend of Sleepy Hollow’s influence had placed. It will grow in size and stature, its neck will erupt with pale blue flame and smoke as black as night, the Hessian’s Horse will mutate and grow into a monstrosity of smoke and shadow (no longer impeded by water as a blockade to its travels), and a long whip of human spinal cords will be summoned to replace its cavalry saber. Upon a complete transformation, Rider is now instead a Dullahan in its own right.

The Dullahan’s Parameters are as follows--

• Strength: B
    • Endurance: B
    • Agility: A/A+ (Rank Up via the effects of Relentless Pursuer)
    • Mana: A
    • Luck: E
    • Noble Phantasm: A+

As a Dullahan, Rider’s Magic Resistance is Ranked Up to an A-Rank, and its Fearsome Mien is Ranked Up to an A+. Now able to match enemy Servants in direct combat, it fights wielding its Spinal Lash: the whip it conjures, equivalent to an A-Rank, Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm. If any creature is entangled in the Spinal Lash then, with failed Luck checks, its body starts to decompose and rot away; draining its mana reserves and pumping them into the whip itself. The more mana absorbed into Spinal Lash, the faster its necrosis effect occurs. It also boasts a regenerative ability on par with that of a Dead Apostle, rendering it an exceptionally difficult beast to land lasting damage on for most Servants.

Yet as impressive as the fury of the Dullahan is, by becoming a Monstrous Beast of sorts, Rider makes itself vulnerable to all the weaknesses that come with it. Large quantities of magically-infused gold can repel it away, and it is now highly vulnerable to holy weapons or Skills and Noble Phantasms relating to monster-slaying. The sheer amount of mana that the Dullahan also continues to take from its Master, in spite of its own impressive reserves, are also potentially enough to kill weaker Mages and significantly tire out stronger Masters faster.

Lore

Rider's true identity is none other than the Headless Horseman of American literary fame. However, more specifically, it is an amalgamated Heroic Spirit of the book's two central characters: Ichabod Crane and Brom Bones. In addition, there also seems to be overlap with a far older legend than even that...

The school teacher and the town hero. Two men of equally degenerate and lecherous ambitions both had their eyes on the same woman: Katrina Von Tassel, daughter of the wealthiest man in town. Both saw a quick opportunity to get rich and have a trophy to parade. Only problem? Each other. That's when Bones came up with a truly terrible idea; an old superstition he had heard, about a headless horseman on a pitch-black horse.

He "brought the legend to life", and ran a terrified Ichabod Crane out of town. With him out of the way, he went on to marry Karina, inherit her father's fortune... and squalor it with shameless hedonism. It was a loveless seven year marriage. No children were ever born from it. The couple even slept in separate beds.

As for Ichabod? Such a traumatic shock was so great that he just kept on running. And running. And running. He tried to start a new life in a new town. But every time he finally settled, nightmarish vision of that hellish horseman would strike. It took him seven years to finally piece together what had happened. And that caused him to snap. So he took his crippling phobia of the urban legend and weaponised it. He now donned the guise of "the Headless Horseman" and rode back to his home town. He found Brom, in a drunken stupor, having lost his sway home.

But as one false Horseman pursued the other, hellbent on retribution, neither noticed a sable stallion galloping towards them. The crack of a bone whip. The hellish flicker of lit flame.

Not until they were already dead, at least.

Personality

Rider is a being of very few words and is excellent at hiding its next move. The complete and utter lack of a head certainly helps with this. It is truly reminiscent of a slasher movie villain in many ways. Driven only by the single-minded focus to kill. To chase down. To inflict terror onto anyone it meets. After all, that was why its legend was crafted. To scare people’s pants off and fill their night with images of terror. It prides itself on its professionalism as an emissary of dread.

… which is more than it could say (if it had a mouth of its own) about the two “stowaways” so attached to his being at a conceptual level that they hopped on board for the ride.

Ichabod Crane prides himself on being an upstanding gentleman. Well-educated and eloquent, he has a knack for peppering his sentences with archaic vocabulary and a lack of conjunctions in his sentences. However, it should also be noted he is, as one might say, a creep. His predatory advances on Katrina were in equal parts a lust for her beauty and youth, and gold-digging fantasies of inheriting her father’s vast wealth. He is a fundamentally selfish and self-righteous blowhard who’ll brush over any criticisms you throw about his personal conduct, and somehow twist it back around to accuse you of being in the wrong.

Brom Bones is very much your classic jock. Loud. Cocky. Boisterous with a penchant for physical resolutions to his problems. He likes to drink, he likes to wrestle, he is popular with almost anyone he meets for his ability to say just the right thing to flatter anyone. His way of speaking is more crass and informal, casual and relaxed, than Crane’s and it is noticeable. He is also, however, just like Crane in his tact towards women. Opportunistic, lustful and money-hungry, he is a hedonist with no respect towards any authority of others. Let alone “women’s rights”, whatever THOSE are.

And naturally, these two rivals in “love” and war… i absolutely hate each other. Always butting heads and throwing barbs. It’s a downright farce to behold as these two pumpkin heads try to squash one another. Fortunately, one activation of Rider’s Fearsome Mein is usually enough to shut them up for a good while.

Their wish upon the Holy Grail would be to see the other humiliated and shamed and themselves with Katrina held “lovingly” on his lap. Surrounded by dear old daddy’s fat piles of cash. As for Rider, the Horseman itself? What it wishes, let’s hope we never have to find out...

Relationships

Gilgamesh: For some peculiar reason, Rider itself is known to wince and recoil a little at the sight of the gaudily-clad King of Heroes…
    Headless Rider: [Brom Bones] “W-WAIT, HOLY SHIT, HE’S REAL?! … AND A SHE!?”
    [Ichabod] I cannot tell a lie; I am afflicted by a tumultuous conflict of interest at this very moment. No head… but those thighs..”
    [Brom] “Those are HORSE-RIDING thighs there… Yeah, I’d tap that.”
    Edgar Allan Poe: [Brom] “Quote the raven nevermore; we only needed ONE STORY to be better than you!”
    [Ichabod] “Brom, stop antagonising a literary icon! My sincerest apologies for my... “
    [Brom] “Better half?”
    [Ichabod] “-malignant ignoramus of a compatriot’s tactlessness.”
    Any Female Servant with Golden Rule: Ichabod and Borm proceed to argue with one another endlessly for who gets “the privilege”.
    Ichabod Crane and Brom Bones (to each other): “You’re nothing, without me~! A no one who’d go ondefiiiiiiiined~”

Blog Entries
    A classic

Blog Entries
    Headless Horseman: A good Halloween Servant. Making him an amalgamation of Crane, Bones, the horseman, and the dullahan is a creative take I've never seen before, and I really enjoyed his personality (that line towards the headless Rider is pretty humorous in particular).
    Feel free to look at my Servant sheets here (Now 100% fixed and viewable)