Page 123 of 620 FirstFirst ... 2373113118121122123124125128133173223 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 12385

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Blog Entries
    I swear, I'm not trying to rip-off Bird of Hermes.

Greetings, Master. I am Saber, but you may call me Vortigern Pendragon. It is my... I am sorry, have I said something to offend you? You look like a rabbit staring down a hunter.

Source

Class: Saber
    Other Classes: Avenger, Berserker
    True Name: Vortigern Pendragon
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: Britain
    Height: 175 cm.
    Weight: 65 kilo.
    Dislikes: Murderers. Cruelty. His legend.
    Natural Enemy: Uther Pendragon

Parameters:
    STR: B
    END: B
    AGI: C
    MGI: C
    LCK: B
    NP: A

Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance (B):
    Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected.

Riding (B):
    Most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill, even vehicles that did not exist in the time period one was alive in, for they are no exception. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills:
    Charisma (B):
    Having rallied the dispersed Britain forces and successfully led them to victory alongside his brother, Saber was born with a natural charisma that inspired and strengthened the hearts of those fighting under him.

The White Dragon (C):
    A Specialized form of Innocent Monster, this Skill denotes the reputation he would be given after his death as a treacherous and cowardly man as well as a ruthless, evil king. While this does nothing to affect how Saber acts, it does affect how other people view his actions. Even if he were to do a genuine act of kindness with no apparent ulterior motives, the action would still be met with scrutiny and suspicion. However, as this is classified as a Mental Curse, it is something that can be ignored with a successful Mental Check or abilities that resist such things.

Phantasmal Blessing (C):
    Though not as high as it would be if he were summoned as a Berserker, Saber gains this Skill as one who gained the affection of Phantasmal Beasts. Phantasmal creatures instinctually see him as a friend, and he gains a rank up in Str., End., and Agi., when fighting alongside one. This Skill is unfortunately lost in the Avenger Class due to equivocally becoming a Phantasmal creature.

Mana Burst (B):
    Though not possessing the same power as his brother or his lineage, Saber is still able to enhance his strength and defenses to a impressive degree with his magical energy.

Noble Phantasm
    Hildeleoma: Battle Light (A)
    Anti-Unit
    A sword used by Hnæf in the Battle of Finnsburg that was given to Hengist after he was slain. Eventually, Vortigern would be given this blade by Rowena to prove her sincerity in aiding them against her family. This sword would one day be reforged into Caliburn.

A golden blade that burns brightly in battle. So long as the light of the sword can be seen, victory is assured. It is said the reason Hnæf and his defenders failed to survive was, due to fatigue, Hnæf dropped the blade, its glow extinguishing.

Though not a holy weapon, it functions similarly to the sword it would one day become. However, due to being made for battle rather than ceremonial use, this blade is capable of unleashing greater power than its successor.

By converting the magical energy of its wielder into heat value, it releases particles of light to enhance its capabilities, which is the reason for its reputation as a sword lit by battle. Using these particles when its True Name is released, it is able to unleash firepower just below that of which Excalibur is capable.

Lore
    Before he was Vortigern the Usurper, the man who would one day challenge Britain’s king and threaten to plunge the country into an eternal dark Mystery, he was Vortigern Pendragon, older brother of Uther Pendragon, and heir to the throne.

Not long after their eldest brother took the throne, Hengist and Horzsa, the leaders of the Saxons, came to Britain under a banner of peace. However, their intentions were anything but peaceful, having an armed force set outside the city while they were greeted as guests. Upon meeting Constans, they killed him, their forces attacking in tandem with their act to allow them the freedom to do so. Fearing that they too would be next, Vortgern managed to sneak himself and his remaining brother out of the city and, eventually, to Brittany.

There, hiding amongst the forests and struggling to keep himself and his brother alive, Vortigern began to find his love for the natural world while his brother would grow to value humanity, being their face in the towns and selling the goods they hunted to survive.

Still, they never forgot what had forced them to Brittany. Uther continued to hear news of the rule of Hengist and Horsa, how they treated their subjects and had created enemies of the Picts and Scots. Though they fervently wished to return and save their people, they simply were not yet ready to face them.

Then, one day, Uther returned from town with a beautiful woman. Initially believing he may have just discovered his brother had a weakness for them, he was instead told she was Rowena, daughter of Hengist. Aware of the obvious trap, Vortigern and Uther listened as she listed what had happened in their time away.

Hengist and Horsa, in their two years away, had been building their army further to the detriment of their subjects. While doing so, they began attempting to form peaceful relations with the surrounding Scots and Picts, the majority of which failed due to concerns related to the aforementioned army and the manner in which they obtained Britain. Rowena went on to say these concerns were well founded, as it was her father and uncle’s plan to conquer them as well.

When asked why she cared so much, as it was her family pushing for this, they expected her to say they would fail if they continued on this path. Instead, she told them she had no doubt her family would succeed in their plans. The reason she had sought them out was that she hated all the destruction and death war brought, and she knew her family wouldn’t be satisfied with just conquering the surrounding areas. They’d keep going, and they eventually would fail, leaving a swath of death and destruction as their legacy.

Therefore, stopping their rule before the bloodshed could begin was the solution she came to, but she knew it wasn’t something she could do alone. Even if she were to kill her father and uncle, something she apparently had no qualms with, her brother Oisc would simply continue what they started.

To further prove her sincerity, she revealed to them she had stolen her father’s sword, a weapon once wielded by Hnæf called Hildeleoma, for them to use both as a symbol of authority as well as a means to incense her father.

Neither Vortigern nor Uther were fully convinced by this convenient occurrence. However, they also realized that, if this actually was a ploy to coax them out of hiding and then kill them, there were easier ways to do so.

Deciding they would need time to consider what she said, they told her to come back in a week for their answer. Rowena asked them where she would go, considering she is now likely a hunted woman. So, against their better judgement, Rowena stayed with them for the next week as they thought over her offer.

Rowena spent the next seven days helping the brothers in their daily activities, more often spending time hunting and in nature with Vortigern than in society with Uther. Slowly, as she shared more about herself, Vortigern came to believe her care for those under her father and uncle were genuine and discovered the other reason for her betrayal. Neither she nor her mother had ever meant anything to Hengist, being nothing more than tools he utilized for his ambitions. His wife for producing an heir and her to eventually be married off. When her mother died, her father simply sighed, saying that at least she had given him an heir before she keeled over.

When Vortigern asked what she would do after they had driven out the Saxons, she simply said it was her hope to be allowed to stay in Britain. By the time the week ended, Vortigern and Uther were in agreement. Not only was she genuine, but she was also someone they owed for taking these risks. Promising she would have a home in Britain when the battle was over, Vortigern took up the sword, and they began their journey back to their homeland.

Returning to their kingdom, careful not to alert their enemies to their presence, they began gathering the scattered remains of their supporters and preparing for their revolt. During that time, both Vortigern and Uther asked Rowena multiple times if, should they be forced to take her father and uncle’s lives, she could accept that. She reminded them that, while father and uncle in name, she could barely describe either of them as such, citing her previous willingness to poison them.

After two weeks of preparation, they assaulted the castle, Vortigern and Uther at the lead.

After a grueling battle they arrived in the throne room and battled the Saxon brothers. Together, he and Uther slayed the false rulers with Uther, without discussing with Vortigern, declaring his brother as king.

Though he was uncertain of his new role, Vortigern refused to let it show as he drove out the invaders and took the throne. Knowing that, while Uther might be more suited, he was still perhaps too young to be king, Vortigern worked to act as he believed a proper king should. He ruled that way for three years, Britain slowly recovering from the wounds the Saxons had inflicted as well as helping Rowena settle into life in Britain.

As he settled into his role and Uther went on quests with Merlin, a young but powerful magician who had offered his services to the crown, Vortigern found himself growing closer to the woman who had helped them reclaim their kingdom. By the end of his first year as king, he had already found his queen.

Life was peaceful in Britain. Until the day came when Merlin called the Pendragon brothers to speak with him.

Merlin told them he had long ago seen a vision that he believed was now beginning to unfold. Sleeping beneath Mount Emrys were two dragons, one white and one red. He told them that those dragons would fight each other upon waking, a battle that would end with the red dragon killing the white but succumbing to its wounds soon after.

When asked about the meaning, Merlin told them that the white dragon represented Vortigern, but the red dragon represented one yet to come. Before they could ask about that, Merlin continued by saying to Uther that his child would become king during a time of great war. Upon hearing these words, Vortigern believed he realized what Merlin was saying. The red dragon was Uther’s child, and he would end up fighting them. What further compounded his worry was his wife and their child, Vortimer, being swept in in whatever battle may come from such conflict.

He had never felt comfortable ruling over Britain, often fondly remembering his days in the wilderness seeing creatures both mortal and magical. After discussing with his queen, Vortigern came to a decision. To avoid conflict with his brother’s child and place the one he always believed better suited to be the ruler, he would abdicate the throne to Uther. Though he attempted to convince her to remain in the city, saying the wilderness was no place for a child, she rebuked his concerns, saying that wherever he went, they would go to, a stance she was immoveable on.

And so, Vortigern relinquished his claim to the throne alongside the weapon he had used to claim it, suggesting to his brother to reforge the weapon into one he could call his own. Then, after one final talk with Uther, he left, hoping he had prevented the dark fate Merlin had prophesied.

Unfortunately, fate is not so easily changed, and Vortigern had unwittingly played directly into its hands.

This is the story the world had worked to conceal after his final battle. Becoming an object of hate and treachery, Vortigern’s role was changed from one of Britain’s saviors to the very threat he fought against. He was replaced as Uther’s brother by another, and years of gentle rule were overwritten and forgotten.

Thus, Vortigern Pendragon was killed, and Vortigern the Usurper was born.

Personality
    Calm and friendly, Saber could almost be mistaken as idealistically innocent in how he views the world. Though he is a firm believer that there is no true right or wrong in the world, he does believe there are things inherently good or evil. If you were to ask him whether a good thing can be wrong or an evil thing right, he would ponder the dilemma, eventually coming to the conclusion that it depends on the circumstances, and he would choose to believe that the right people will make the right choices when the time comes. Why? Because he is certain that is what he would do.

Though a generally quiet man, Saber is quite the conversationalist once you have engaged him. He often talks about his experiences and his time with his brother in the wilderness, a melancholic expression lighting his face. Though quiet, when he believes something must be said, he will take it upon himself to say it rather than waiting for others to. This also helps make him a good leader as, while he may think himself unsuited for positions of authority, Saber does not shy away from them, taking them on and performing his duties in whatever manner he deems appropriate, following it with a conviction one can't help but admire.

Despite this, it has not passed Saber's notice how some treat him. Though he may have been unaware at the beginning, his memories of the future nonexistent, he has since learned of his destiny. Initially shocked at what was to come and how thoroughly his name was dragged through the mud, Saber eventually noticed all the discrepancies with the retellings of his story. With this realization came a sort of peace. Talking to Artoria and his future self, both confirming his actions in his final days, Saber has come to accept his eventual actions, unable to bear a grudge toward either of them.

His one wish for the Grail is simple. Let the World know the true story of Vortigern Pendragon. Though he may not be redeemed due to his final actions, he can perhaps be understood and accepted rather than mocked and slandered.

Relationships

Artoria Pendragon (Saber): You are Uther's child? I feared I would never meet you. I am Vortigern, and I... Why are you looking at me that way?

Artoria Lily: *smiles* Your father was much the same when he was younger.

Artoria Alter: Your methods may seem cruel, but your goal is the same. Even a tyrant can be a hero.

Knights of the Round Table: Seems my niece has formed quite the formidable group of knights.

Merlin (Caster): So you remained to advise him? I mean no offense, but I hope he did not listen to you on all matters.

Morgan le Fay: Such a conflicted being. Had I been aware, I would have spoken to him about it. I'm certain there must be a reason.

Siegfried: A truly noble man. Though it pains me, killing Fafnir was the only option available to you, and I can accept that.

Lobo (Avenger): Vortigern is one of the few people Lobo is openly friendly to. That is, if you qualify not growling at him for approaching friendly.

Beowulf (Berserker): You knew of the man who wielded this weapon? ...Ah, I see. He was already gone when you arrived.

Vortigern: Is this my destiny? Is there truly no way to change it?

Vortigern (Ruler): What horrid twist of fate would ever lead me to becoming this tyrannical monster?

Morgan Pendragon: A good queen, but I fear she may hate me.

Uther Pendragon
    Uther Pendragon: Brother! It is good to see you. It was as I said. You became a truly great ruler.

Uther Pendragon Alter: A foul corruption. I cannot abide you tarnishing my brother's name.

Uther Pendragon: What is this? Uther, what has happened to you? What is this rage that burns you so completely?

Uther Pendragon: No... Uther. What is this? How could this happen to you? Where is the man with the unfaltering smile? The one who I fought alongside to save our people? How could you have let yourself become... this?

The Death of Vortigern Pendragon
    Vortigern hefted the pack on his shoulder, gazing at the green fields laid out before him.

"You are certain about this?"

"You are still asking that, even though you now wear the crown?"

Vortigern looked back at his brother, the boy he'd watch grow up into a valorous man, standing uncertainly in front of the city.

"You are still the rightful heir, and the people know it. You are the one who led us. You are the one we crowned."

"And now, it is your turn, brother."

He walked up to his brother, placing his hand on his shoulder.

"I chose you to succeed me. Both you and your subjects will understand that the longer you rule. And if they do not, it is your duty to show them."

"But..."

"Uther. You are a far better ruler than I ever would have been. You do not see it now, nor will you see it tomorrow, or the day after that. However, there will come a day when you finally realize just how well you have led your people. This is your destiny. The duty you were born to fulfill. Mine lies elsewhere, and I've known that for some time now."

Uther looked into his eyes, searching them for any falsities. All he saw was unwavering confidence. A simple, unbreakable belief in everything he said.

"I swear, Vortigern, that I will become the ruler you see in me."

Vortigern smiled broadly at his brother.

"I know you will."

[Tales of Zestiria Soundtrack - 20 Passing Down the Gathered Feelings]
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; February 27th, 2023 at 06:40 AM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Vortigern: This is a pretty interesting take on the guy. A tragic villain who tried to escape his destiny only to ultimately end up succumbing to it. Giving him a precursor to Caliburn as an NP was a nice touch.

Out of curiosity, any thoughts on my Vidar?

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hanssi: Interesting sheet with cool background, but this guy died in 1992, so i would say it is a bit too recent. Tho i have seen Simo Häyhä who died 2002 and admitted to have tried my hands on him as well sooooo... still genderswapping in recent times is not really something necessary

Vidar: I always thought Vidar is interesting with his big boot, so i like what you did here. The avenging god that fulfilled his role and became a gentle giant of restoration

Vortigern: I dont get it. Is he the real vortigern and someone else is the usurper?

Honestly given Vortigern's visceral hatred for Artoria and the coming age of men its easier to do something like Vortigern discovered Merlin's schemes (aka Merlin sabotaging everyone so the age of man could arrive in the lands as fast as possible uncaring of what or who has to get trampled)

Told Uther whom refused to believe him and shit falls down

Also how he laughs at Artoria's face and comes to the conclusion that she too will be deemed 'monster' by humanity and tossed aside

A Lily would be the Vortigern whom regained their lands with Uther's aid and then he finds out all his efforts will burn and crash irregardless because of the setting's mechanics so he snaps and desperately try to hold into the authority/mysteries of britain like you know how Uther did, except while the latter attempted to continue the legacy with children Vortigern tries other things like inviting foreigner barbarians and all sorts of rituals and shit. Thus the Paradise (Hell) of Darkness that no human will survive

All that struggle for fucking nothing since Britannia is the shittiest in nasuverse during the last Pendragon's era. So yeah Vortigern has to go through the hell of a war to reclaim his throne only to inherit what might as well be a fucking wasteland plagued by monsters desperately trying to survive and Merlin laughing in the background, aka he goes insane
    Last edited by BoktaiMoon; March 2nd, 2021 at 01:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Vortigern: I dont get it. Is he the real vortigern and someone else is the usurper?
    I figured that going back to live in the wilderness lead to him slowly becoming more and more incensed with humanity's desecration of Phantasmals and the natural world, culminating in his rebellion and plan to revert Britain into a perpetual AoG. Pretty sure the "Vortigern Pendragon was killed, and Vortigern the Usurper was born" part is just metaphor.

Blog Entries
    Vidar: Givenn his nature, he and Avenger Vortigern would get along well, though the latter may be a bit jealous that he doesn't have the same anger. I do love that he uses sign language to maintain his oath of silence, and it makes me wonder if the Grail would translate that for them even if they can communicate telepathically. And his main weapon being a literal giant boot was just kinda fun. Norse deities always seem to have a way of making their way onto sheets, and so far, it hasn't seemed like a bad thing. It's good, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Royal's not wrong on this. It is somewhat metaphor, but it's also the moment Vortigern gave up the Pendragon name. In a sense, Vortigern Pendragon disappeared from the world when he returned to the wilderness, and the man who would become known as Vortigern the Usurper was born. Slymbolism, and all that.

BoktaiMoon: You can click on the Avenger Vortigern in relationships and see where this started, but the point with my Vortigerns was never to create some hateful being or tragic hero. Just a man who followed his convictions, tried to do what he believed was right, and ended up hated for it.
    Besides, I've listened/read the drama CD. There's no laughter in his final words. At the end, he was beaten, and he realized then why the red dragon died as well. They were both products of an era already past, and his chance to extend that era had been stolen. The reason mine hates Artoria so much is because she could have done something about it, even if it wasn't desirable, but chose not to. And, as his personality section says, he believed she would. It's also why he reacts so viscerally to Assassin Uther. Did he make the wrong choice there as well? Was he just like Artoria, making decisions that end in failure?

Shoot! Almost forgot. Koga! If your next Servant is the one you showed me, I'll be waiting. If it's another, be sure you double and perhaps triple check your grammar. Maybe even get someone's help with that.
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; March 2nd, 2021 at 10:29 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoktaiMoon View Post
    Honestly given Vortigern's visceral hatred for Artoria and the coming age of men its easier to do something like Vortigern discovered Merlin's schemes (aka Merlin sabotaging everyone so the age of man could arrive in the lands as fast as possible uncaring of what or who has to get trampled)

Told Uther whom refused to believe him and shit falls down

Also how he laughs at Artoria's face and comes to the conclusion that she too will be deemed 'monster' by humanity and tossed aside

A Lily would be the Vortigern whom regained their lands with Uther's aid and then he finds out all his efforts will burn and crash irregardless because of the setting's mechanics so he snaps and desperately try to hold into the authority/mysteries of britain like you know how Uther did, except while the latter attempted to continue the legacy with children Vortigern tries other things like inviting foreigner barbarians and all sorts of rituals and shit. Thus the Paradise (Hell) of Darkness that no human will survive

All that struggle for fucking nothing since Britannia is the shittiest in nasuverse during the last Pendragon's era. So yeah Vortigern has to go through the hell of a war to reclaim his throne only to inherit what might as well be a fucking wasteland plagued by monsters desperately trying to survive and Merlin laughing in the background, aka he goes insane
    To be hobest although i saw the whole babylon anime arc have i got from Merlin the Impression he seem to be nice but it is more out of his wn amusement then true benevolence and thats remind me that i read somewhere that (fate) Morgana i mean the sisiter of Arthoria had similar burdening circumstances like Arthoria which could that be as in Morganas potencial aswelll Arthorias fundamental burdens as i only know superficial the Arthorian circle so would be from anyone which know something a Answer welcome.

Perdix:Never heard from him but after taking a look at wiki and not bad to make servant out of so less info and i clearly see why you used Yusei as pictur as i read his Noblephantasm it reminded me on Yuseis Card vvision if you know what i mean .

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I figured that going back to live in the wilderness lead to him slowly becoming more and more incensed with humanity's desecration of Phantasmals and the natural world, culminating in his rebellion and plan to revert Britain into a perpetual AoG. Pretty sure the "Vortigern Pendragon was killed, and Vortigern the Usurper was born" part is just metaphor.
    Well even today is to travel and discover the Wilderness a pilosophival travel where one got impressions not only on the outside but learns also something About oneseelf ,how must it have been during times where Mytery were strong and phantasmal and other beings still livedwith the mundane beings ? so Maybe did he encountered a sort of Fairy Settlement or something similar or from a other spechknowledged phantasmal Race and did from them heard some stories About the deeds of the Humen and not out of the viewpoint of the humen but from their own and saw that the Humen bring the World out of harmony .

About the Metaphor you mentioned i could imagine after he got the realization he thought "What was i for a ignorant Fool to not notice their pain they Arent brutal beasts they have also Feelings and defended their Homeland " and that this was his Motivation .

Just a Question in he nasuverse i got that Chuchulain lived during the Britain/Irish Age of Gods until which Point had the Britain Cektic Gods still some influence like wher in there some mentions of pagan / primordial Gods in the Arthorian legends actually .

Apropo your Vidar is quite good i must say but please tell me that he has no grudge or Anger should he Encounter my Fenris in his Lancer Version ?

Morgs Vortigern Pendragon :really good profile i must say . please tell me if you could imagine you Vortigern in such a Scenario like i said above /\

Also how would he think of my Slavic Dragon Slayer Tugarin zmeyvich and my belingerent Dragonqueen after your oppinion Morg ?

and it will be a other Servant Morg as berfore i do this servant i try to make an from the same class.
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; March 2nd, 2021 at 03:49 PM.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Apropo your Vidar is quite good i must say but please tell me that he has no grudge or Anger should he Encounter my Fenris in his Lancer Version ?
    I think Vidar would be initially enraged at Fenris but calm down upon realizing he was originally a victim of circumstances as well and this isn't the same monster he became later in life. He'd still be on guard around him but would be slowly willing to open up. Also since your Fenris was taught Runes by Odin and initially had a positive relationship to him before Ragnarok Vidar might be curious to trade stories with him as a way to find out more about his father.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:35 PM.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 08:35 PM.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    Vortigern: A fall from grace type character, interesting to see more of Vortigern's backstory fleshed out, my only issues are that Julius Caesar's sword seems a little random as a NP, I would have thought it more fitting if that his NP was giving him something akin to a dragon transformation or the ability to gain the attribute of a dragon and abilities associated with it or something like that (as he did actually turn into a dragon which embodied the whole of Britain in Nasuverse and turned into a dragon in myth). I'm not actually sure if the white dragon though would be correct, in the myth relating to the myths of the red and white dragons the white dragon was supposed to symbolize the Saxons and the red the people of Britain and Wales (or even Vortigern himself). The argument could be made that Artoria's is associated with a red dragon in fate (although the argument could be made that may be more that she is a ruler of Britain than the red dragon), but even then it may have been best to just describe Vortigern as a dragon with that personal skill rather than the red or white dragon (there are myths of people related to dragons or turning to dragons and dragons in Christian myths were considered evil or demonic creatures, as such you could cite that due to the influence of his future and how evil he would become he became associated with being "a wicked dragon" and that his dragon blood [if he has any] actually lead to him developing the ability to turn partly into a dragon).
    Eh, I wouldn't think about it too hard. The Arthurian Mythos in the Nasuverse has been so heavily altered that at this point I wouldn't be fazed if they straight up omit the prophecy or tweak it so that Vortigern is represented by the White Dragon - assuming they ever acknowledge Vortigern's backstory in the first place.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't think about it too hard. The Arthurian Mythos in the Nasuverse has been so heavily altered that at this point I wouldn't be fazed if they straight up omit the prophecy or tweak it so that Vortigern is represented by the White Dragon - assuming they ever acknowledge Vortigern's backstory in the first place.
    True that... I fear what the future will bring us sometimes. And frankly, "don't think too hard" should be the default when dealing with the Nasuverse in general at this point.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    Vortigern: A fall from grace type character, interesting to see more of Vortigern's backstory fleshed out, my only issues are that Julius Caesar's sword seems a little random as a NP, I would have thought it more fitting if that his NP was giving him something akin to a dragon transformation or the ability to gain the attribute of a dragon and abilities associated with it or something like that (as he did actually turn into a dragon which embodied the whole of Britain in Nasuverse and turned into a dragon in myth). I'm not actually sure if the white dragon though would be correct, in the myth relating to the myths of the red and white dragons the white dragon was supposed to symbolize the Saxons and the red the people of Britain and Wales (or even Vortigern himself). The argument could be made that Artoria's is associated with a red dragon in fate (although the argument could be made that may be more that she is a ruler of Britain than the red dragon), but even then it may have been best to just describe Vortigern as a dragon with that personal skill rather than the red or white dragon (there are myths of people related to dragons or turning to dragons and dragons in Christian myths were considered evil or demonic creatures, as such you could cite that due to the influence of his future and how evil he would become he became associated with being "a wicked dragon" and that his dragon blood [if he has any] actually lead to him developing the ability to turn partly into a dragon).
    Ask, and you are answered. Skull's right. They changed Merlin's prophecy in canon to the white representing the Saxons with the red being Britain. However, if going by my logic of Vortigern's entire true history being rewritten, it wouldn't be a stretch to say that people rewrote what his actually prophecy is. Besides, they probably changed it in Fate because Vortigern is specifically said to have used the blood of a white dragon. Other than that, they don't give Vortigern much aside from Garden of Avalon, which is where I saw potential. Also, at this point, Vortigern hasn't consumed the dragon blood, so giving him those feature just wouldn't make sense in my eyes, especially considering Avenger exists and Berserker hasn't and might not be made.

On Crocea Mors, the reason it feels random is because it initially was. For some reason, I've found myself coming back to Crocea for almost no reason some days. When I was writing Vortigern's backstory, I still didn't have an NP. However, I was suddenly struck, and began checking around Crocea and Caliburn. There really is so little information on both. Caliburn, basically being a substitute name for Excalibur in most things, doesn't really have an origin. It just exists. For Crocea, it was a sword lost in Britain that's just buried in some hole in the ground (wonder if someone could dig it up in modern times, or if it lost all its Mystery by that point). With that thought, I wondered if Vortigern might find the grave, but realized it would be convenient for Nennius to be buried in Brittany and unlikely he would desecrate a grave. However, having it be looted from the battlefield and passed around for a few centuries, now that is something I can work with. Sprinkle in a little destiny, a rando with a penchant for sword collecting, and you have Vortigern getting a sword that already served its purpose in history. Reforging it into Caliburn to give that weapon an origin was just icing on the cake. Though, I can't believe I didn't write a Caesar interaction. I need to fix that.

WhiteFrenzy: That's why I roll with it and revel in the crazy! Nasuverse gets weird, but that's part of the fun. I mean, they didn't have to build all this stuff for an eroge, but they did, which is honestly pretty funny when you think about it. It's also set up with the potential for interesting stories and interactions, which I thought was part of the reason for this threads existence. A Hitler of ash, an explorer turned ice wendigo, a savior guillotine, a tank becoming a mecha, a Vortigern with motivation beyond power and ambition, a tortured child who's never full, all the genderbends just for the heck of it.
    As is usual, I definitely forgot what I was talking about halfway through.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Ask, and you are answered. Skull's right. They changed Merlin's prophecy in canon to the white representing the Saxons with the red being Britain. However, if going by my logic of Vortigern's entire true history being rewritten, it wouldn't be a stretch to say that people rewrote what his actually prophecy is. Besides, they probably changed it in Fate because Vortigern is specifically said to have used the blood of a white dragon. Other than that, they don't give Vortigern much aside from Garden of Avalon, which is where I saw potential. Also, at this point, Vortigern hasn't consumed the dragon blood, so giving him those feature just wouldn't make sense in my eyes, especially considering Avenger exists and Berserker hasn't and might not be made.

On Crocea Mors, the reason it feels random is because it initially was. For some reason, I've found myself coming back to Crocea for almost no reason some days. When I was writing Vortigern's backstory, I still didn't have an NP. However, I was suddenly struck, and began checking around Crocea and Caliburn. There really is so little information on both. Caliburn, basically being a substitute name for Excalibur in most things, doesn't really have an origin. It just exists. For Crocea, it was a sword lost in Britain that's just buried in some hole in the ground (wonder if someone could dig it up in modern times, or if it lost all its Mystery by that point). With that thought, I wondered if Vortigern might find the grave, but realized it would be convenient for Nennius to be buried in Brittany and unlikely he would desecrate a grave. However, having it be looted from the battlefield and passed around for a few centuries, now that is something I can work with. Sprinkle in a little destiny, a rando with a penchant for sword collecting, and you have Vortigern getting a sword that already served its purpose in history. Reforging it into Caliburn to give that weapon an origin was just icing on the cake. Though, I can't believe I didn't write a Caesar interaction. I need to fix that.

WhiteFrenzy: That's why I roll with it and revel in the crazy! Nasuverse gets weird, but that's part of the fun. I mean, they didn't have to build all this stuff for an eroge, but they did, which is honestly pretty funny when you think about it. It's also set up with the potential for interesting stories and interactions, which I thought was part of the reason for this threads existence. A Hitler of ash, an explorer turned ice wendigo, a savior guillotine, a tank becoming a mecha, a Vortigern with motivation beyond power and ambition, a tortured child who's never full, all the genderbends just for the heck of it.
    As is usual, I definitely forgot what I was talking about halfway through.
    Carefull you remind me on the extatic Shakespear Scene from apocrypha (Little joke) but this is the enthusiasm that has united us here Right Morg !

About Crocea Mors do i think you have a good idea as often in the history and legends are the whereabouts of Weapons or Special objects is at a Point unknown almost mysterious like there Arent in our world anymore similar like the phantasmal like is theerre a NAsuverse Explanation if the Modern Cryptid beings are phantasmal or other magical beings ? I think that if a Mage found the Sword it could if they are preserve the mysterios though a Spell or Magecraft it could hold the mystery hmm.

About the Relationships i would be still curious how he thinks of my two servants Morg ?
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; March 3rd, 2021 at 05:30 PM.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I envisioned Monster as the Class just for, well, big scary monsters like Fenris, the Hydra, Gugalanna, etc. It doesn't have the metaphysical significance of the Beast Class with its seven evils of mankind and whatnot. Basically I created it to deal with the fact that many mythical monsters don't fit cleanly in any standard Servant Class. Berserker is often the closest but if they lack any anecdotes of going mad it doesn't quite work.
    I never realized Shiki was literally such a big, scary monster if that's your reason.
    Though I guess figuratively?

Servant Sheet Compilation
    Pronouns - She/Her
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anju Addams View Post
    I never realized Shiki was literally such a big, scary monster if that's your reason.
    Though I guess figuratively?
    I actually forgot that Monster was an official Class in Extra, and that wasn't anything I had in mind when using the Class. In any case that version of Shiki is pretty weird and I'm not sure if "Monster" is even a her real Class or just how she identifies herself (not like we ever get Class Skills for it or anything).

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah i think you are kinda right about the recency of Servants. Armstrong was a Servant in the story that takes place on the moon in 1000years or so, right? And iirc there were legal problems when the real Armstrong heard about it, so i guess it only applies to canon Servants and not really our fun projects. More modern Servants will sure be rare to see. From my standpoint i would consider Simo Häyhä one of the last Servants. If modern day servants would qualify as Servants, they would already need a legendary or infamous reputation now in some specific fields. Häyhä, Charly Chaplin, Zodiac Killer, Armstrong, Monroe, Disney, Elvis, Frank Sinatra, different presidents perhaps, Bin Laden even, famous authors like JK Rowling, heck perhaps even Steve Jobs or Elon Musk in several decades could qualify. The thing is with some of them that their legends are still in the works and therefore creating sheets for them is not that easy imo.
    Tho I like the Servantverse idea. Dont see many sheets for them around.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar

True Name: Liang Hongyu
    Class: Rider
    Alt. Class: Assassin, Archer
    Source: Historical Fact
    Region: China
    Armaments: Her fists, Drums

Parameters:
    Strength: A-
    Endurance: C
    Agility: B+
    Mana: C
    Luck: B

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance C
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Riding A
    A Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding. All vehicles and all creatures but those of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast-rank can be used as mounts.

Personal Skills:

Chinese Martial Arts (Jiao Li) A++
    A Chinese rationality. A value that measures one's mastery of the martial arts that made becoming one with the universe as its objective. Its learning difficulty is of the highest level and, unlike other Skills, it is at A Rank that one is at a level where one is said to have finally "learned it". While her essential skill in wrestling, and other martial arts, has not changed, Xuèyù Shangjīn allows for further height in her ability to perform techniques.

Golden Rule (Bounty) B
    A variation of skill that refers to the measurement of one's fortune to acquire wealth. However, it refers not to Rider herself but the current presence that part of her is submitted to, allowing the individual to acquire fortune though it comes at a cost. It is created from the presence of Xuèyù Shangjīn.

Tactician's Signal B++
    A variant of the Tactician's Command skill, made for nonverbal signals. While not an official tactician, Rider had endorsed the creation of a complex system of communications using drums and flags to confuse the enemy. The "++" modifier is made for the circumstance where Tiger Fleet is active.

Noble Phantasms

Xuèyù Shangjīn: Red Jade's Division
    Type: Anti-Self

Rider's first noble phantasm. It is the crystallisation of one of the supposed events surrounding her death where she was cut up into pieces due to a bounty on her head, hanged up as a warning, then stitched up as a sign of respect. A noble phantasm with the simple effect of allowing Rider to detach pieces of her body and control them separately from herself. A caveat of this, however, is that she constantly expends mana while the body part is detached though she can sense where they are to retrieve them easily.

Tiger Fleet: An Ambush Covered In Smoke and Flames
    Type: Anti-Army

Rider's second noble phantasm. A representation of the famous event of her legend where she commanded a fleet to an engagement using drums and flags. Manifesting from a performance from Rider's drums, a thick layer of black smoke starts seeping into the area with each and every beat on the percussive instrument. Finally, at Rider's wave of a flag and beat of a drum, the artillery of fortified ships, from flamethrowers to grenades, pelt the enemy in an ever escalating haze of conflagration. The ship wielding the weapons cannot be damaged as they are formed within the smoke and quickly dissipate to form somewhere else within that thick black fog. They are the smoke and thus return to it as well. The only way to end the attack is to locate Rider and stop her performance though the smoke will actively conceal her form, making it hard to find her.

Personality

"Ufufu, well what we have here?"

A vigorous person that nonetheless displays an air of mystery. She tends to be direct in her confrontations, willing to glare down at royalty if the time calls for it.

"The battlefield will only give you a little quarter at the best of times, enjoy what you can."

Deep into her life within the military of the Song dynasty, it would be expected that she would be a stern person, however, it is the opposite. She just holds a clear awareness of things that can or can't be done within a battlefield but would still do her own thing if she sees the need for it.

"Oh my, my head seems to have popped off. What's with your expression? Would you like to hold it perhaps. I wouldn't mind."

Rider is quite the playful person, if quite morbid at times. She is quite distinct from her Assassin form in that way. However, in the same way as the other one, she is very shameless about her body due to her life experience.

Blog Entries
    Vortigern: Uuuuum? Excuse me??? Where are the blue eyes white dragons???? Voritgern more like Vortigone. Still give 9/10, would pat on the head again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NittyGritty View Post
    Vortigern: Uuuuum? Excuse me??? Where are the blue eyes white dragons???? Voritgern more like Vortigone. Still give 9/10, would pat on the head again.
    Look, man. What are you gonna do if I steal all your material? I can't do that to another creator. Besides, no dragons were harmed in the making of this backstory. In the sequel, however, we see at least two killed on screen.
    Is it weird that I've wondered what would happen if our Avenger and Ruler Vortigern fought?