Page 138 of 620 FirstFirst ... 3888128133136137138139140143148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 12385

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rider of the Fourth Estate
    "As you may know, the First Estate consists of the clergy. Second Estate, the nobility. Third Estate, the commoners. A Fourth Estate, according to me, would be the women. Overlooked by Jacobins and Girondins alike, regardless of the French Revolution's success, as long as no one is there to make a difference, nothing would change for us. That's why I fought; because eventually, someone has to.​"

Source

"You know, Maitré, being a hero doesn't always mean fighting a dastardly villain or accomplishing some legendary feat. Sometimes, it's just about doing what you can to fight for what you believe in. I never considered my life to be particularly valuable or extraordinary in any way, but if my sacrifice was enough to light the people's hearts, to give them a taste of hope they never had... I suppose that's a life well-lived. That's right; the me standing before you now won't lose sight of that dream ever again."

Class: Rider
    Other Classes: Assassin, Berserker

True Name: Theroigne de Mericourt
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Origin: France (18th century)

Parameters:

STR: C
    END: D
    AGI: B
    MGI: E
    LCK: D
    NP: C

Likes: Equality, people fighting for what they believe in, horse-riding
    Dislikes: Quitters, discrimination, dark and confined spaces, seduction
    Talent: Rousing the masses, self-sacrifice, performing arts
    Natural Enemy: Louis XVI, Marie Antoinette, Hans Axel von Fersen
    Armament: Sword, pistol, horse
    Catalyst: Her riding garbs

Class Skills
    Riding (D++)

A Class Skill denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Most vehicles and animals can be managed with average proficiency, with the exception of Phantasmal Species. Rider is especially adept and handling horses, however, perhaps her true "mount" is the fervor of the Revolution itself, along with the countless men and women who fought in it. Combined with her other Skills, this grants her the ability to "handle" humans through charisma, deceit, and even sex appeal.

Magic Resistance (E)

Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cannot cancel spells, but magic damage is reduced somewhat. A relatively modern Heroic Spirit who never had any contact with magecraft in life, Rider only possesses this Skill by virtue of her Class container.

Personal Skills
    Friend of the People (C+)

A variation of Charisma and Proof of Friendship. While Rider co-founded a Parisian revolutionary club and was largely responsible for instigating the involvement of women in the Revolution, she rejected her position as a "leader" who commands from the top of the hierarchy. Rather, she prefers to fight alongside her followers as an equal, familiarizing herself with their struggles and fostering stronger connections. Aside from conferring the standard effects of Charisma, this Skill also grants a positive modifier on all positive social engagements Rider initiated. This makes it very easy for her to obtain trust, friendship, and cooperation from others. Due to her particular legend, women will find themselves more easily drawn to this Skill. Its effects are considerably reduced when her other Skill, Patriots' Whore, is active.

Showmanship (C)

A Skill denoting mastery in performing arts. In her youth, Rider took various jobs as a performer to cover the costs of her education. Her talents in singing and acting led to her becoming a minor star in both London and Paris, before talks of a certain revolution led her to abandon her performing career. Even so, perhaps to some extent, these talents added to her charm, as part of the things which seem to naturally draw other people to her.

Weak Constitution (D)

In her later years, Rider was plagued by numerous health issues, including depression, insomnia, migraines, and the coughing of blood. Rider is accompanied by the risk of a sudden status drop at anytime with every action. The probability is very low, but it gradually increases the more she overworks herself. If triggered mid-combat, the damage suffered could be devastating. Due to how a considerable amount of her health issues are psychological in nature, this Skill also confers the effects of low-ranked Migraine and Mental Pollution.

Patriots' Whore (B+)

A variation of Innocent Monster born from her enemies' slanderous accusations, painting her as a harlot who "slept with every man in the parliament, Jacobin and Girondin alike". A Skill similar to Pheromone, every touch, every wink, and every word uttered from Rider's mouth carries a powerful mental interference spell prompting every male within her vicinity to be subservient to her unless they posses certain mental fortification Skills. Through this, it's possible for her to gather intelligence, sow seeds of conflict, or even build a harem of mindless slaves to obey her every command. All around a Skill belonging not to a glorious revolutionary, but a manipulative temptress. Its effects are considerably reduced when her other Skill, Friend of the People, is active.

Noble Phantasm(s)
    A Revolution Paid by My Body
    Libération de la Vierge

"Eh!? Y-You're actually asking me to use this!? That's-! Urgh, fine! Deep breaths, phew... There's nothing obscene about this. Forget the scandals, the false accusations... Yes, this is the bonds I formed with my friends for the sake of the revolution. Nothing more, nothing less. Libération de la Vierge!"

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 1-100
    Max Targets: 1 person (self)

A symbol of the lengths that Rider was willing to go to in pursuit of her ideals. Despite her best efforts, many of her enemies ridiculed her. The nickname "Patriots' Whore" seemed to stuck with her. According to them, she was completely antithetical to the idea of feminism, and her feats were built upon scandals and debauchery. Allegedly, each of her 100 lovers donated 100 sous every day in contributions to "a Revolution gained by the sweat of her body". While these accusations were later proven to be untrue, for a time, it cemented her status as a harlot who manipulatively relied on her lovers' assets to fund her own revolution.

A Noble Phantasm representing the ability to "borrow" her lovers' possessions, upon its activation, every individual bearing romantic feelings towards Rider would be marked. This mark passively siphons mana from them, gradually weakening them while simultaneously strengthening Rider herself. Furthermore, her parameters also increase proportionate to the number of "lovers" (individuals bearing the mark) she has at the moment. Finally, it allows her to steal any physical object in her lovers' possessions, ranging from weapons to other items of interest. These items would instantly teleport from the target's body to Rider's hands whenever she wills it. An exception to this effect occurs should she try to "steal" a Noble Phantasm. Due to how closely a Noble Phantasm is tied to a Heroic Spirit's legend, she cannot forcefully steal them. Instead, she could only project a lesser copy of it to her hands. These copies are nothing compared to the genuine article. Their powers are significantly diminished due to Rider's inability to properly wield them, and most of them would shatter after a small number of uses. Nonetheless, this ability greatly increases her versatility in combat.

Though My Body is Confined, My Heart Remains Eternally Free
    Une Femme Mélancolique

"I see. Perhaps this is it for me, Maitré. Now, now, don't mourn for my sake. It's improper to do so while so many others are still suffering. Now stand up! Stand up and fight for those ideals you believe so deeply! Vive la révolution!"

Type: Anti-Populace, Suicide
    Range: 1-500
    Max Targets: 200

A Noble Phantasm representing Rider's final days. Despite her role in the revolution, her deteriorating mental state, combined with false accusations from her enemies, forced her to be admitted into an insane asylum. She spent her last days in a catatonic state and constantly rambling about the revolution. While some considered her as a woman who lost the Revolution and finally broken by her own ideals, others considered the opposite; deep down, she was never driven mad. Even as her enemies cursed her name and locked her up within the dismal walls of the asylum, she never lost her resolve. Rather, she was simply grieving for the revolution she never got to see. In a way, she was right. Soon after her death, her public opinion changed from a harlot to a martyr and pioneer. Men and women alike found themselves agreeing with her vision of equality, prompting them to fight for her cause and taking the ongoing Revolution to a new direction; a realization of her ideals.

Due to her particular legend, Rider possesses a conceptual weakness to being "confined". This includes any instance where she is bound without any natural way to break out through her own will, such as being locked inside an enclosed space, trapped within a bounded field, or restrained using certain Skills and/or Noble Phantasms. During these instances, her parameters would gradually drop, she would incur higher mana cost just for existing, her Weak Constitution would have a higher chance of activating, and her mental state would worsen. It is during these moments that this Noble Phantasm would automatically activate. In truth, her rapidly-declining parameters and increasing mana cost did not happen due to mere conceptual weakness. Rather, they are distributed to everyone who bears her mark, who in turn distributed it further to the populace. Those touched by this Noble Phantasm will see Rider not as a harlot, but as a noble martyr who sacrificed herself for the sake of equality. They in turn receive an irresistible compulsion to "stand up for what they believe in", to extreme levels similar to Madness Enhancement. Influenced by Rider's own ideals, this often translates into defying authority figures and tearing down established order. With enough affected targets, one may recreate the
    chaos
    glory
    of the French Revolution itsef. In this state, killing Rider would only cement her status as a martyr and strengthen this Noble Phantasm's effects, lasting up to a week since her death. Thus, the only way to cancel this Noble Phantasm's effects would be to free her from her confinement, or kill her without confining her in the first place.

Description
    Rider's True Name is Anne-Josèphe Théroigne de Méricourt, a Belgian performer, orator, and organizer in the French Revolution.

Rider is a woman with big dreams for the future. Combined with her compassionate yet fierce determination, it's easy for her to empathize with others who hold ideals similar to her own, particularly those pertaining to upholding justice and equality. She is willing to go far for the sake of those ideals, yet perhaps therein lies her greatest flaw: she tends to be too self-sacrificing. While she's not innately distrustful, she believes that involving others in her plans might end up getting them hurt, killed, or robbing them of a chance to see the end result (a fate she herself suffered). Thus, she operates under the mentality that "I should be the only one to suffer so that everyone else can be happy", leading to her often acting recklessly and overly determined to sacrifice herself even in situations where it's completely unnecessary to do so. This belief is arguably made worse by her own self-deprecating thoughts, as she would often claim that "I never expected to make it to the end. As long as I'm there to ignite that initial spark of rebellion, that's enough for me". Occasionally her insecurities, anxiety attacks, and claustrophobia may resurface, but she quickly suppresses them, believing that "a symbol of hope should never yield before such things".

Rider claims that she held no regrets regarding the events of the French Revolution. She laments the chaos that befell the royal family, as well as those who met their end at the guillotine, but she acknowledges that it was unavoidable. Occasionally, she may try to justify it as "necessary for the greater good", but it's unclear as to whether she genuinely believes this or not, as even she appears visibly shaken when learning how the Revolution also claimed the lives of children such as Louis XVII.

Contrary to Rider's depiction as a manipulative temptress, she actually hates using her sex appeal. Despite oftentimes confidently saying things like "nothing is too far for the sake of my ideals", she's easily flustered at the idea of using her own body that way. Not that she's any good at it either. Most of her attempts at "seduction" only amounts to awkward, exaggerated "sexy" gestures and one-liners (which her targets would promptly fall for anyway due to the effects of Patriots' Whore). Honestly, using that first Noble Phantasm seems to hurt her more (out of embarrassment) than it hurts her enemies. She even went so far as to reframe said Noble Phantasm as "the ability to call upon my friends' armaments" as opposed to "the ability to take my lovers' possessions", going into complete denial should one bring up the latter interpretation.

Rider does not claim to have any specific wish in mind, as she's delighted to see how far society had progressed after her time, and content simply with helping others realize their ideals in turn. However, a small part of her secretly wishes to see the end point of her revolution, just beyond the asylum's walls. She considers such a wish selfish to make, while so many others are still suffering. That said, if someone is able to convince her that it's okay to be a bit more selfish, and to rely more on others, perhaps that wish may come to light.

Lore
    Anne-Josèphe Théroigne de Méricourt (born Anne-Josèphe Terwagne; 1762-1817) was a Belgian performer, orator and organizer in the French Revolution.

After her mother died giving birth to her third child, Anne-Josèphe was sent to live with her aunt and was put into a convent school where she learned how to sew. About a year after she enrolled, her aunt married and stopped paying for her school. Anne-Josèphe fled back to her father after he remarried because she was forced to be a house maid and tend to her aunt's children. Apparently life at her father's home was no better, as she was frequently neglected at best, and constantly mistreated by her stepmother at worst. Unable to take it any longer, she left her home at the age of 13 to pursue her own education. In order to gather funds, she took on several jobs such as housekeeping, sewing, herding animals, and so on, before finding a stable income as a street performer who gradually gained fame throughout London and Paris. It was said that she also survived relationships with far older, wealthier men in order to pay for her education, though this claim remains unverified.

Now in her twenties, Anne-Josèphe heard talks of a budding revolution in Paris and was captivated by the ideas of equality, justice, and liberty. However, soon after her arrival in Paris, she came to the realization that even if the revolution succeeds, more likely than not, the women would continue to be oppressed unless someone is there to make a change. Thus she resolved herself to open that path forward. She returned to Paris with the Assembly in October and began speaking at the democratic club des Cordeliers and on the terraces outside the Assembly. She supported the formation of mixed-sex and women’s patriotic clubs and, with other individuals such as Olympe de Gouges, the Dutch activist Etta Palm d’Aelders and the Marquis de Condorcet, an expansion of women’s civic rights. It was also at around this time that her exploits started to blur with rumors. According to some, she took part on the assault at the Bastille in 1789 and led a massive women's march from Paris to Versailles, all while dressed as a man on horseback. While she did admit to wearing men's riding garbs, she denied being present at the Bastille nor the march.

Anne-Josèphe's outspoken presence and discourse provoked the ire of the counter-revolutionary press, in which she was the subject of constant mockery and false accusations. She was ridiculed as a debauchee, the antithesis of femininity, a “patriots’ whore” whose 100 lovers a day each paid 100 sous in contributions to the revolution "gained by the sweat of her body". She was arrested several times under vague charges such as "disrupting public order" and "preaching harmful beliefs", but was always released not long after on account of her poor health.

On May 15 1793, Anne-Josèphe was attacked by a group of Jacobin women outside the doors of the National Convention. The women, objecting to her pro-Girondin sentiments, lifted her dress and whipped her bared flesh. She never fully recovered mentally or physically, and on 20 September 1794 she was certified insane and put into an asylum. It was a time when the first “scientific” diagnosis were being made of “dementia”, but the physical surrounds were medieval. She was ultimately sent to La Salpêtrière Hospital in 1807, where she lived in terrible squalor for ten years, only intermittently lucid and speaking constantly about the Revolution. Within the asylum's walls, she could only mourn for the end of the revolution she never got to see, before passing away of an illness in 1817.

Unbeknownst to her, Anne-Josèphe's bold ideas gained a massive resurgence soon after her admittance to the asylum. The people continued to push for her ideals of equality and justice, with some even taking her name and claiming to be her successors. Eventually, the topic of women's rights became a serious matter of discussion within the new government, pioneering a new age of feminism on top of the French Revolution.

Relationships
    Achilles:
    "The fleeting yet glorious life of a hero, akin to a comet streaking across the sky... Ufufu, it's a wonderful thing."

Eleanor of Aquitaine:
    "Perhaps you're right, Mademoiselle; at the root of it all, our actions were born out of fear. Fear of getting hurt. Fear of oppression. Of death. Of rotting away, never becoming anything more than we already are. Even so, it's not such a bad thing to admit, don't you agree? After all, these same feelings gave birth to much larger dreams which we sought to pursue. It is never a weakness to dream."

Jeanne D'Arc, Lakshmibai, Martha Christina Tiahahu:
    "On the contrary, you girls fought exactly because there was nothing to dream about. And so you sacrificed yourselves to cut open that path; one leading to a glorious world where everyone can dream, free from the burden of oppression. You fought for a wonderful cause."

Charlotte Corday:
    "Please do not deplore yourself, Mademoiselle Corday. You only did what you thought was right. There was no way you could have known what would transpire next. For some, just having the courage to act on your beliefs and taking that leap of faith is more than enough."

Louis XVI, Marie Antoinette, Hans Axel von Fersen:
    "My sincerest apologies. In a much kinder world, I wish things could have been different, and we could have resolved everything peacefully. Alas, we do not live in such a world. Thus, your end was necessary for the sake of the greater good."

Louis XVII (Avenger):
    "...I'm sorry, it- it was all my fault. I killed them."

Creator's Notes/Fun Facts
    Hopefully her character didn't turn out to be too much of a stereotypical feminist/freedom fighter.

- Most of her lines to other Servants seem to be rather... superficial, to say the least. While some of those lines are true (like she does admire Achilles and genuinely respect Eleanor, Jeanne, and the others), she's still trying to maintain the image of that "perfect hero/revolutionary", which limited her self-expression somewhat. Her more honest thoughts can only be seen at bond 5, towards certain people (such as Louis XVII), and whenever the topic of her sex appeal comes up.

- Her first NP was partially inspired by Medb's, who also owns Fergus and Conchobar's NPs just by being their lover at some point. On that note, I sense some comedy potential where Medb tries to teach her some of her... "tactics", only to comically fail and/or end up in some unfortunate misunderstanding.

- I feel like she's more of an Assassin masquerading as a Rider, to be honest. Just what does she ride? Her horse? The "fervor of the Revolution"? Men? Who knows. Then again, according to his mats, Ryoma got A+ Riding Skill for "riding the dragon that is the changing eras", so I guess her being a Rider is still justified.

- Imagine if she's summoned by someone like Shirou, both would probably get killed early on by fruitlessly trying to sacrifice themselves before the other.

- Rider is her most "heroic" incarnation. Her Berserker form is basically female Spartacus, while her Assassin form is the manipulative temptress born out of Innocent Monster. Under these two alternate classes, she would most likely still have her second NP, but it would be more focused to the asylum's "absolute confinement" effect as opposed to spreading her beliefs.

- In a story, a large part of her character arc would involve learning to loosen up and rely on others more, showing that you don't have to keep sacrificing yourself and doing everything alone, and it's okay to be a little more selfish sometimes.
    Last edited by BnEl15; April 1st, 2021 at 10:54 AM.

Blog Entries
    Theroigne de Mericourt: Maybe she'll get her chance to hear her people sing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Theroigne de Mericourt: Maybe she'll get her chance to hear her people sing.
    Yep, that song was pretty much the idea behind her second NP. A Servant whose death would send the entire populace into a complete frenzy. That Les Miserables scene is a perfect image of what would happen. Unfortunately she has little control over who the people will be rebelling against, and may or may not cause a complete breakdown of social order in the process instead.
    Last edited by BnEl15; April 1st, 2021 at 01:21 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mericourt: Good sheet. The imagery of her clumsily trying to seduce someone in a ridiculous way only for them to end up falling for her anyways thanks to her fourth Personal Skill is really amusing. Reminds me of this scene from A Place Further Than The Universe.

Blog Entries
    Traveler of the Afterlife

True Name
    Allignment
    Class
    Alternative Classes
    Dante
    Lawful Good
    Voyager
    Caster / Watcher

Height
    1.82m
    Weight
    80kg
    Region
    Italy
    Source
    Divina Commedia
    Dislikes
    Waiting

Parameters
    STR
    END
    AGI
    MAG
    LCK
    NP
    D
    D
    D
    A+
    A
    ???

Background
    The main character of the Divine Comedy, Dante was tasked with traveling through the three areas of the afterlife in search for salvation, coming to understand the value of spirituality and reaching enlightenment at the end of his long journey.

A powerful story

Only his origins are not so simple.

Indeed. There was a man named Dante who wrote the Divine Comedy and he shared a name with the main character of his book. So most never thought to question who Dante was. Considering him to be a mere allegory, a character used by a writer to illustrate his vision of the afterlife.

It never occurred to them that what Dante had seen…

That what Dante had written…

Was not a fanciful tale but a reality connected to our own world.

Inferno. Purgatorio, Paradiso.

Hell, Purgatory, Heaven.

What Dante (Voyager) saw and what Dante (Narrator) wrote weren’t machinations of a masterful poet, but warnings from begraddled journeymen, desperate to inform the world of their findings. Of the three Simulations (Models) where souls mysteriously vanish. Of the man whose purpose remained unseen to the mystics of the world.

The Great Ritual of Post-Mortem Simulation…

Rapture.

Better known as ‘The Divine Comedy’

It was Dante (Voyager) who during his travels discovered the precise location of the ritual. It was Dante (Narrator) who recorded its function and inner workings. Hiding clues of its true nature in an epic tale evoking the Ritual’s name. The Encompassing Simulation of the Afterlife proved to be a great threat against the continuation of life.

Both cannot exist at the same time.

If the ritual is concluded, a paradox will ensue where souls will reach a state of Zero (nullity).

The Church saw his findings as heresy backed up only by the testimony of a nameless explorer. Who would believe a man who claimed to have met Virgil the poet while traveling through a hellscape populated by demonic entities. Those in charge of investigating the matter backed up the position of the Church and Dante was taken off public eye.

His work was dismissed as ramblings of a conman.
    They could have never foreseen that it would become so well known. That Dante’s own name would become engraved in the Throne of Heroes. Or that on a certain eve, he would return to this world intent on stopping the Divine Comedy before its Mastermind can finish it.

And as he looks on from ever familiar shores, Dante realizes that time is running out.

Personality
    Dante as Voyager suffers problematic mental split. Torn between the himself of the epic poem and the true self whose journey inspired it. He recalls the relationships and experiences of his alternative self, but cannot figure out which side of the coin is the ‘alternative’. Often he will find himself referring to people he could not have met and then talking of real world events, secrets that only someone who ‘existed’ could have come to learn.

He is determined to fulfill the purpose of his journey, and stop a threat to the world before it is too late. But also suffers from the desires and aspirations of the Other Dante. Who wishes to be reunited with his childhood love Beatrice despite the fact she might not even exist.

There are however, points where both sides crossover. People who both sides met, who they recognize and can interact with in a cognizant manner. In those moments Dante proves to be a charming and intelligent man, responsible and wise in a sagely way. He enjoys helping others through their own adventures.

Even if his advice can be often cryptic.

Had he been summoned as a Watcher, perhaps he might have been able to guide someone to the Divine Comedy as a spirit. But as a Voyager he can only struggle to find the elusive sights which once plagued him.

Extra Class - Voyager
    Heroic Spirits of Travel and Journeys

Sometimes its not the destination, but the journey that matters most. Voyager Servants are those who undertook long journeys to faraway places with a purpose. Unlike other Classes, they are judged not only by the distance traveled but also the growth associated with overcoming those ‘Ordeals’. Those whose journeys marked an achievement of cultural or historic significance can also be summoned as Voyagers.

Orpheus, Neil Armstrong and Sanzang can also be qualified as Voyagers due to the significance of their travels to others and to their own legends.

Class Skills

Longevity

A
    The Class Skill of the Voyager Class. It denotes the proper allocation of provisions (Mana), and the saving of energy for a long journey.
    Self Replenishment

D
    A Skill shared with the Avenger Class. It secures provisions during a trip, be they mana or other resources considered important by the servant.

Personal Skills
    Determination of Steel
    A
    Wishing to see their goal through no matter the cost, journeying through heaven and hell to see it through. This is the kind of person Dante is.
    Affections of the Ephemeral

B
    The Proof of being loved by an existence that cannot be proved. An Eternal Lady that exists in both memory and fantasy. Granting a protection against mental attacks that affect both sides.
    Mental Divide
    D
    A state of mind where both Fantasy and Reality meld into a singular being. Both similar enough that consensus is possible between both parties.
    Demonology
    D
    Knowledge of the Thaumaturgy relating to the summoning of demons. Restricted to casting spells taught to him by ???

Noble Phantasms
    Inferno: Nine Circles of the Underworld
    Barrier / Anti-Evil
    C++

A Barrier reflecting Dante’s Journey through Inferno. It is a prison which simulated the conditions of one of the Nine Circles, used to imprison an enemy inside the circle better suited to contain them. Dante must judge his enemy and select which circle to contain them with. It is not a Reality Marble, but a mere reconstruction which requires set up and prior knowledge of the enemy. Increasing in Rank the more accurate Dante’s judgement.

Malebranche: Wardens of Fantasy and Reality
    Spiritual
    ???

Wraiths summoned by Dante which serve as ‘guides’ between him and his goal as well as ordeals to overcome. They take the form of demons referenced by the Divine Comedy and continously hunt Dante. Each demon is a fragment of Voyager’s lost memories, allowing Dante to rebuild his understanding of who he is and what his memories mean. Their rank and strength varies, but as Dante defeats them,
    they become more powerful.

Last edited by Wyvern; April 1st, 2021 at 03:06 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Voyager dAnte: Hmm interesting quite different from my DAnte where i made a seperation where as Caster the "real" author is summoned and as Rider he mount the Mythos of the Dante in the Divine Comedia . also quite good .

out of curiousity what do you say About my DAnte would be realy interested to hear your oppnion ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    I'm interested on how both our Dantes differ in certain aspects. Yours is quite clearly a Caster with a clear understanding of who he is and what he has done, while mine is split on two mindsets. That of the Writer who is the original and the Character who was made as an allegory. Since people know Dante through his story better than through his other personal exploits. I also tried to avoid Reality Marbles with my version, instead going for a more 'Journey' centered skillset.

Blog Entries
    There's a lot of Dante all of a sudden.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Blog Entries
    Yugioh FC. 10/10 but in Italian voice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    I'm interested on how both our Dantes differ in certain aspects. Yours is quite clearly a Caster with a clear understanding of who he is and what he has done, while mine is split on two mindsets. That of the Writer who is the original and the Character who was made as an allegory. Since people know Dante through his story better than through his other personal exploits. I also tried to avoid Reality Marbles with my version, instead going for a more 'Journey' centered skillset.
    yes as i did make the profile of Dante have i exchanged with royd and he said that my Dante was the most creative because aside the Comedia was he a physician ,politician aswell werere he the one that made Italian a Language of literature as at his time was it still Latin also had he atleast rumored Connections with the Temple Knights aswell personaly meet Jaques de Molay and the rumor is that withhin the Divina Comedia are certain Secrets hidden of the Knowledge he got from De Molay . S o have i tried to include these aspects .

So have i split it that as Rider he is the one of the Book and i can alerady say it that a Rider DAnte will Play a Role in my Egypt Lostbelt . And albeit i didnt stated it is Dante as Ruler class servant a sort of mix between the Author and the Book Protagonist.

Apropo Lostbelt i would think that you could use one of your new Lostbelt Olympians in the contest as enrty ? i can say that in the contest a profile i had a while in the quiber is Fitting.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    That reminds me, I started on a Percival sheet after doing his son Lohengrin for a Contest submission. I'll have to see if I can find that one as well...
    Found it. Enjoy~

-------------------------

Lancer

"If I strike you down do not blame me. It was your selfish desire to participate in war that wronged you, not I."

True Name: Sir Percival
    Epithet: "Knight of the Holy Spear"
    Origin: Britain (Arthurian Cycle)
    Hidden Attribute: Earth
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Dislikes: His Father, Hunters
    Talents: Board Games, Cooking
    Natural Enemy: Women

Parameters
    STR: (B) END: (B) AGI: (B) MGI: (C) LCK: (E) NP: (A)

Character

The Knight who held the Second Seat of the Round Table. This Lancer incarnation of Percival represents the height of his fame during the Grail and subsequent Holy Spear Quests, rather than the boisterous swordsman of his younger days or the religious hermit of his later years.

A man of few words due to having grown up in the forest with only his mother to talk to. Indeed, Kay often mocked him for his more simplistic, straightforward thinking - calling him "Fal Parsi" (Pure Fool) which the boy mistook for his "Knight's Name" and it became corrupted into "Percival" overtime. Despite this, having to survive in the forest and live via hunting has sharpened Percival's mind and he has become very patient and good at decision making and as a result is the best amongst the Round Table at a game of chess. However, due to a curse inflicted upon him by the enchantress Kundry, he has gained an incredibly bad sense of direction and can never find the places he is looking for which is why he almost never turned up at Camelot. His most defining trait is his fascination with "Chivalric Romance", or in modern terms being a "Hero of Justice". He believes more than anyone else in the ideals a Knight should stand for and tried his hardest to embody them just like his idol - Artoria. After both Percival and Galahad were inducted into the Round Table, Kay declared that whilst Galahad was the "Perfect Knight", Percival could take solace in second place as the "Best Knight". A snide barb maybe, but also potentially a look into Kay's inner thoughts about those who work hard versus those who are naturally gifted and succeed without effort.

Perhaps due to a complex surrounding his father Pellinore abandoning his mother, Percival has a particular weakness to women. Often being enchanted by any pretty face and swearing to protect them. Indeed the most infamous case was when he ran off to fight an entire army by himself because he "heard" that the Land of Maidens might be in trouble. Certainly his greatest trial during the Grail Quest was when the Hell's Rose came to Percival in the form of a beautiful woman and tried to lead him astray, but Percival used all of his willpower to resist temptation and focus on saving the Fisher King. And yet, despite all his attempts to be a better man he still ended up the mirror image of his father - a man who had multiple lovers and abandoned his son in order to fulfil his duty as a Knight. Truly a "Pure Fool" indeed...

His mastery of the sword, bow and spear means he can be summoned in all the Knight Classes, but as a Lancer he is strongest due to possessing the Spear of Destiny. Despite this he always carries a sword with him regardless of Class. If asked why he'll simply responds "I wouldn't be a Knight without one!" The reality behind it is that he refuses to use the Holy Spear in combat and through sheer willpower managed to manifest his sword in the Lancer Class. Though naturally his sword is far stronger if he is summoned as a Saber Class Servant.

His Wish upon the Grail? Despite all his claims of virtue and selflessness, he really does have a wish deep down inside. To have gone back and told his past self to spend more time with his son - Lohengrin.

Skills

Class Skills

Magic Resistance - (B)

The protection granted against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. As a knight who lived in an age rife with dragons and mages, Percival naturally has a high tolerance against magecraft. Indeed his greatest feat came when he was sent to dispatch the Nine Witches of the Shining Fortress. Even when facing down their spells, Percival still gave them three chances to peacefully surrender and after the third chance he struck down their leader in a single sword strike and shattered their magic. Now as a Servant, Percival's body will automatically cancel out spells with a chant below three verses. Even if he is targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for him to be affected tremendously.

Personal Skills

Eye of the Mind [True] - (B)
    The heightened capacity for observation, refined through training, discipline and experience. A danger-avoidance power that utilizes the intelligence collected up to the current time as the basis in order to predict the opponent’s activity and change the current situation. During his early days as a knight, Percival found he struggled in combat as he lacked the inherent talent his fellow knaves Galahad and Gareth possessed. But he nevertheless persevered and treated his matches like a game of chess and re-played every move in his head to understand what went wrong and how he can improve. Now as an experienced warrior Percival is capable of calm analysis of battle conditions even when in danger and deduce an appropriate course of action after considering all possibilities to escape from a predicament.

Item Construction - (C)
    The ability to manufacture various types of item whether it's implements of war or items for daily use. As Percival grew up isolated from civilisation in the forest, he naturally had to learn to construct every tool he needed to survive from scratch. From weapons to shelter to traps, so long as Percival can gather the required materials and has enough time he can construct pretty much anything he can envision no matter how elaborate. However his inability to manufacture magical items prevents this Skill from being able to rise from a rather modest Ranking.

Vitrification - (A)
    A serene state of mind created by possessing a pure soul. As one of the three individuals chosen by destiny to witness the Holy Grail, Percival possesses such a soul that many mistook for mere simple-mindedness. As a child, Percival instinctively used this ability to silence his intent when hunting animals to help blend in with nature. But the true nature of this Skill is that it provides a mental protection effect that nullifies mental interference whether it be normal psychological tactics or mental magecraft. It was this protection that allowed him to overcome his greatest trial when the temptress Kundry tried to use her powers to make him fall to darkness.

Noble Phantasm

The Sword of Trébuchet
    The Unbroken Plane

[Type - Anti Unit], [Noble Phantasm Rank - C], [Maximum Range - 1 Metre], [Maximum Number of Targets - 1]

A magical sword bestowed upon Percival by the Fisher King which was forged by the mad genius blacksmith Trébuchet. Through sheer force of will, Percival was able to manifest this sword alongside him even though he is in the Lancer Class due to not wanting to use the Holy Spear in battle. As in life, the blade contains a Curse so that it will break if in his heart, Percival thinks an opponent is impossible to defeat. But overcoming trials is what being a Knight is all about and so if Percival can overcome his doubts and never give up then the sword will become an unbreakable plane that won't yield to any weapon made by man. Other than that, it remains a unremarkable sword whilst in all of Percival's non-Saber forms.

----

Lancea Longini
    The Spear of Destiny

[Type - Anti Unit], [Noble Phantasm Rank - A], [Maximum Range - 3 Metres], [Maximum Number of Targets - 1]

The true mark of the Lancer Class and Percival's hidden trump card. A Holy Relic that once belonged to a Roman soldier who pierced the body of Christ with his spear. The Relic moved through many hands until it found itself in the possession of Percival who retrieved it as part of the Grail Quest. However just like in life, Percival refuses to use the Spear in combat unless it is absolutely necessary. Normally he will instead just discreetly use its healing powers on himself and others. But should a situation arise where he has no choice but to use the Holy Spear he will become a terrifying opponent as his mastery of spearmanship combined with the Spear's destructive power make a formidable force.

When the Holy Spear pierces the flesh of another, the blade will inject a black blood-like liquid into the enemy's wound which will Curse them with a Stigmata forming around the wound that prevents it from healing even by powerful Magecraft. Once all five Stigmatas have been summoned the full power of the Spear can be unleashed. When Percival has decided on a target that needs to be eliminated, he invokes the Spear's True Name complete with the subtitle "The Passion" and the Stigmata will lift off any other victims and congregate onto the target so long as they had at least one Stigmata on them beforehand. The Stigmata will squirm across the target's skin until they have recreated the positioning of the Five Holy Wounds, which then forcibly bind the target into a crucifixion stance as Percival readies the Spear. The target is then lifted off of the ground and into the air and Percival throws the Spear which homes in on the enemy and pierces them for a sure-kill. Afterwards the Curse of the Stigmata is forgiven by Heaven and they can no longer be used for the remainder of the Grail War.

However, as powerful as The Passion may be, it can only be used a single time so Percival must be careful who he chooses to use it on. Furthermore it may be wiser strategically to not use it at all and keep the Stigmata on a number of different enemy Servants to wear them down for an easier time defeating them later.

Lore

The illegitimate child of King Pellinore and one of his many mistresses, Herzeleide. Born separated from civilisation in the deep forests of the North, the young lad named Peredur knew not of man, the sword nor of chivalry. Growing up in the wilds, he had to quickly learn to fend for himself and crafted his own bow and arrows to hunting game for dinner.

One day the boy sees a bunch of knights passing through his forrest and is enchanted by the strange metal humanoids but got lost and stumbled into a strange clearing with a mysterious castle appearing out of the mist. Suddenly a swan flew out of the castles moat and Peredur shot down the unknown creature but the bird's dying cries alerted the Castle Knights and they captured the boy. Peredur is interrogated as to his identity but remains silent until the witch Kundry emerges and reveals that Peredur's mother saw him running after the Knights from Camelot and assumed he left to become a knight and abandoned her like his father did and so she died of a broken heart. The grief causes Peredur to collapse and the knights deciding that since only the pure of heart are able to find the Grail Castle, they decide to take the young boy in for Holy Communion. When Peredur awakes he is amazed to find himself in the Castle's great hall amid a strange ceremony in which a glittering Grail is uncovered as the members of the Castle eat at the table, but Peredur is too entranced to do anything. Eventually the ceremony ends and Peredur is let go and told to go back home but the heavy events of the day leave a thick fog in his mind and the only thing he could remember is that he was following a group of knights to Camelot...

Eventually the boy made his way to Camelot, though not until after many detours as unbeknownst to him, the witch Kundry placed a curse on the boy to prevent him from finding where he wants to go. Nevertheless he got there in the end and as he had reached the age of fifteen, he was able to enlist as a Knight in Artoria's court. As the boy couldn't remember anything from his past, Kay mockingly christened him "Fal Parsi" (Pure Fool) which overtime became Percival. The Supervisor of the Round Table, King Pellinore immediately recognised young Percival as one of his many illegitimate children but decided against saying anything in order to stay impartial. As time progressed, Percival rose through the ranks and became the holder of the Second Seat of the Round Table, hailed as part of the "next generation of knights" alongside Galahad and Gareth.

After joining the Round Table, Percival began to be plagued by nightmares every night. Thus he sought out Merlin the Court Magus to interpret his dreams. Merlin revealed that Percival's past was haunting him due to his decision to become a knight which led to his mother's death from grief. Merlin further revealed that salvation could be achieved by seeking out the Grail Castle once more. Percival leaves at once but Merlin being the trickster he is, tells the rest of the Round Table what happened and several of them end up tagging along as well. Together the dream team of Percival, Galahad, Bors, Lancelot and Gawain make it to the Grail Castle after many tribulations. There they met the master of the castle, the Fisher King who explained that they must undergo a trial in order to be deemed worthy of witnessing the Grail. Gawain went first and immediately failed due to placing the secular knight's code above that of obeying Christian traditions. Lancelot went next and despite his sincerity, he too failed due to being shown a mirage of his heart's desire, Guinevere and being unable to resist temptation. The remaining trio all managed to pass the test due to their virtues but whilst they were proceeding to the Hall containing the Grail, Percival noticed the Fisher King was in pain and asked him what ailed him. The King explained that he was in charge of other Holy Relics but his enemy Klingsor has used the immortal witch Kundry to steal the Holy Spear and he had used it to injure the Fisher King with a wound that will not heal except by the will of the Spear's wielder. Hearing this Percival takes a rain check on witnessing the Grail and sets out to retrieve the Holy Spear. He makes his way to Klingsor's castle and defeats all his magic knights, resists the seductress Kundry who tries to make him fall to darkness and eventually manages to slay Klingsor and gain possession of the Spear.

Returning to the Fisher King, Percival uses its power to heal the old man of his wounds and is given many thanks for his compassion. Percival is then informed by Sir Bors that they witnessed the Grail and Galahad was deemed pure enough to take it straight to Heaven. Inspired by the events of the quest, Percival informs Bors that he shall not return to Camelot but instead is staying behind to become a religious hermit which is how he lived out his days.

Relationships

Artoria - "I do not care what anybody says. To me you shall always be the ideal of chivalry all knights should strive for."

Cú Chulainn - "Oh, it's the son of Lugh. I heard that your father invented Fidchell. Show me how the talent of the game's creator fares in a match!"

Galahad - "You might consider it childish, but I always saw you as something of a rival. You could do any task on your first try like it was natural whereas I had to work hard to succeed. Perhaps it was that envy what held me back from obtaining the Holy Grail?"

Gawain - "Do not fear. I am here so leave all the cooking to me."

Kundry - "What a shame to see you cruelly brought back to life after finally achieving eternal rest. Do not worry, I shall sent you back to sleep as mercy."

Lancelot - "...Indeed. Being a father certainly is hard."

Longinus - "So you are the original bearer of the Holy Spear? I must impose on you a little while longer as I am unable to complete my mission without its power."

Mordred - "I too hated my father as his shameful illegitimate secret. But your rebellion was not the way to go about mending the pain in your heart, can't you see that!?"

Tristan - "Shall we continue our little game of archery? Just give me a second to whip up a bow then we can begin."

Creator's Notes
    Since I created a Lohengrin sheet in the past, it was only natural that his father would show up in my repertoire eventually. As Galahad has been confirmed on the Round Table, I used Wagner's opera "Parsifal" as the basis for his character (Future Skull Edit: This aged like fine wine now that Kundry has been introduced lol) but even then I still had to preform some jiggery-pokery in order to fit it in with canon and whatnot.

For anyone who couldn't guess, the Faceclaim is Nie Given from the '80s Isekai anime "Aura Battler Dunbine" - really good show, would recommend for people that enjoy fantasy anime. That said, the personality stems more from Shichika Yasuri from the LN series "Katanagatari" due to his whole wild man raised in isolation with only a female relative to guide him.

All comments and criticisms are welcome~
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Servant Lancer:

Appearance:

Source

True Name: Kamapua'a

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Alternate Classes: Rider, Caster, Berserker, Avenger

Strength- B+
    Agility- A
    Endurance- B
    Mana- B
    Luck- C
    NP- B

Personality
    Brazen and untamed, he thirsts for the finer things in life; adventure, love and the warmth of a woman's embrace. Yet beneath that boisterous persona Lancer is a surprisingly innocent and sensitive individual who craves acknowledgment from others. Having been scorned by his stepfather the village chieftain for his illegitimate birth he was tortured by deep feelings of guilt and self-hatred over his very existence that drove him to rampage on the path of a beast. In this incarnation (as opposed to his Berserker or Avenger self) Lancer has largely overcome those feelings, but is still weak to praise, especially when it comes from a maternal figure.

Falling in love at first sight with the temperamental volcano goddess Pele, Lancer is easily charmed by women of strong will and fiery temper. Yet when it comes to matters of love he is ultimately shy, due to the goddess' rejection lodging like a thorn in his heart. Thus while Lancer has no qualms flirting with girls he's hesitant to take the first move in anything more serious, unconsciously feeling that it would only lead to disaster.

Incidentally, Lancer appears very attached to the boar mask from his days as a bandit, wearing it all throughout the day and only taking it off to sleep or eat. When asked about this Lancer claims his mask is an EX-ranked Noble Phantasm that gives him "super hog powers" but this is a lie, it's a perfectly ordinary boar's head he wears as a mask. In reality Lancer actually has somewhat of a complex over his handsome features which drove his stepfather's jealousy and the ill-fated romance with Pele, seeking to cover them up so as not to repeat the painful events of his past. If the mask is taken off Lancer becomes very shy and flustered, totally unlike his usual incorrigible demeanor. Revealing his true face around someone willingly could only be a sign of Lancer's boundless love and trust towards them.

Lancer is unsure about his wish on the Grail, torn between a reunion with Pele to gaining his stepfather's approval. Ultimately he resolves that he'll work that out once he actually obtains the Grail. There's no point sitting around brooding about things that haven't happened yet, after all.

Likes: fighting, fiery-tempered women, sincere praise, pigs (his "soul-brothers")
    Dislikes: rejection, being seen as a monster, barren earth
    Talents: rampaging, defiance of authority
    Natural Enemy: Pele, his stepfather Olopana

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance- B+
    Confers protection against magical effects. At this rank, spells with a chant below three verses are nullified. Even if targeted by the likes of High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals, it is difficult for the Servant to be affected. Due to his favor from the volcano-goddess Pele this Skill receives an advantageous modifier to defending against fire and magma-based spells.

Personal Skills:

Mana Burst (Life)- B
    Lancer's nature as a fertility deity expressed in a Personal Skill. In his courting of Pele, the goddess attempted to rebuff Lancer by sending streams of molten magma after him. Undeterred in his passion Lancer merely strode forward and the lava rock bloomed into fertile soil beneath his feet. That anecdote serves as inspiration for this Skill.

Lancer can channel through his body the overwhelming life-force that courses within him, imbuing it into his surroundings. Barren soil teems with life simply by Lancer walking over it, and a dead tree-branch would sprout with new flowers in his hands. Lancer may even impart it into his attacks, striking with the essence of "life" itself. While giving your foes life might seem counterintuitive this is super-effective against vampires and other undead beings for whom the concept of "life" is anathema, literally burning them from the inside with vital-force.

Natural Body- A
    Possession of a perfect human body from birth. Strength is ranked up, while the body won't grow or change no matter how many calories are ingested. An extraordinarily vigorous and handsome man, he exudes a raw sensual vitality that can bring goddesses to their knees in passion. Upon knocking off his mask the goddess Pele was infuriated the "lowly pig" who dared to woo her turned out to be so shockingly handsome, before grudgingly falling in love with Lancer. Even after years scavenging in the wilderness, living like an animal and stuffing his face with whatever scraps he came to find Lancer's ideal muscular physique never grew faded or marred, a testament to his divine heritage.

Divinity- C/B
    Qualifies one's aptitude as a Divine Spirit. A demigod hero (Kupua) associated with the agricultural deity Lono, Lancer bears a decent level of divine affinity. Due to his divinity being partially sealed in his Noble Phantasm this Skill is ranked-up when he wields it.

Nature Of A Rebellious Spirit- C
    The temperament to never remain at one location and never embrace a lord. A wandering star that does not have the capacity to be king nor is capable of finding his own king. Negates the effects of Charisma at the same rank. Defiant to all forms of authority, Lancer roved the land as a bandit for much of his youth, plundering and ravaging without constraint or conscience.

Only later after learning the warmth of love did Lancer cast off the bitterness in his heart and devote himself to helping humanity rather than terrorizing them. Even so his independent nature blazed strongly as ever, as Lancer never settled down or embraced a single wife, perhaps still heartbroken over the goddess whose reunion forever eluded him.

Affection Of The Goddess- B-
    The love of a goddess he won but could never be with, her affection is eternally shining yet unreachable for Lancer. When called upon, this Skill ranks up all his stats except for Luck and Mana. However the pain of remembering a love that could never be strains Lancer's Saint Graph and incurs self-damage every time he uses this Skill.

Noble Phantasm
    Kupua Kukui
    Divine Corpus Substitutional Spear

Type: Anti-Unit

As a Kupua (Hawaiian demigod) Lancer's essence was split between two halves, divine and mortal. His divine half takes the form of a Kukui, a tree symbolizing enlightenment, protection and peace in Hawaiian mythology. As a Servant Lancer may manifest a spear fashioned from that tree as his signature armament. Being the crystallization of his godhood wielding the spear ranks up his Divinity Skill and as it's part of his body Lancer can reform the weapon from his Mana even if it's lost or destroyed.

However, this Noble Phantasm's true power draws from another anecdote associated with the tree. According to legend a man once murdered his wife and buried her under a Kukui tree that was actually Lancer's alternate form. Recognizing the woman's pure soul Lancer restored her to life, but as equivalent exchange condemned her brutish husband to the grave.

That story has been folded into Lancer's Noble Phantasm, embodying the act of saving one and damning another. His spear has the power to "absorb" damage and injuries, taking them away from the target they'd been inflicted on. To do so Lancer merely has to press the tip lightly over whatever wound he wants to heal. There's a cap in terms of how much damage can be stored at a time. Upon reaching that limit Lancer must invoke this Noble Phantasm's true name to expel all the accumulated damage as a powerful piercing beam of divine wrath before he can absorb anymore.

In life Lancer was even able to resurrect the dead with this ability, but as a Servant he can only rid damage that hasn't yet crossed the threshold of mortality. Furthermore some more severe wounds can only be alleviated and not fully healed. This ability also doesn't work on Lancer himself. The white flowers sprouting along Lancer's spear visually reflect how much damage it's absorbed. When all of them are in bloom it means he's reached his limit.

Another sheet inspired by Shiki-pon. Of course I couldn't resist using an Inosuke FC for this dude. As usual comments and critiques would be welcome. Thanks for reading!

Blog Entries
    So, any thoughts on my Kamapua'a?

Blog Entries
    Percival: Nothing really to say here. Pretty standard Percival/knight fare. I do really like the risk/reward factor of Longini. And the fact he got a sword in Lancer by sheer willpower.

Kamapua'a: A simple boisterous guy with an equivalent heart of gold and best boar boi as a faceclaim. I like the NP, as it reminds me of a absorber in Super Powered who absorbed damage and could give it to others. She was a fun one, and probably more shy than this guy. Mana Burst (Life) is a pretty nice addition to them, and making it kinda act like holy stuff makes sense for the effects. A good job.

Blog Entries
    Top-level Creator's Note!
    Hiya, I'm gonna chime in a bit here. So this is my first time experimenting with this format, and this particular figure just seems especially fitting for it. Straight off the bat, I'm gonna tell you that there's a lot of "secrets" in this sheet that you can click on. Ideally though, I recommend you to not click anything until you read his first NP. Don't even "ascend" him if you don't want to lose the shock value early on. After you read that first NP, you can go back to the top, ascend him, and look up all the secrets you missed to get that "everything is coming together" feeling. Afterwards you can proceed to the rest of the sheet as usual. Alright, that's it, I'll see you at the bottom of the sheet. Have fun!

Berserker of Nottingham
    "Robin Hood! Forfeit your life before my blade! The King demands your punishment!"

Source

Class: Berserker
    Other Classes: Saber, Alter-Ego, Faker, Avenger

True Name: The Sheriff of Nottingham(?)King John of England
    Alignment: Lawful EvilChaotic Evil
    Origin: Britain (12th century)

Parameters:

STR: C
    END: C
    AGI: B
    MGI: D
    LCK: D
    NP: A

Likes: Justice, moneyBeing acknowledged, taking power from others, his family
    Dislikes: Vigilantism, tax evasionBeing compared, revolts, the Magna Carta, his family
    Talent: Tax collection, single-mindedly pursuing justiceOppressing peasants, scorched earth tactics
    Natural Enemy: Robin HoodRichard I, Eleanor of Aquitaine, Arthur Pendragon
    Armament: Sword, armor
    Catalyst: An emblem denoting servitude to the King, the original draft of the Magna Carta

Class Skills
    Madness Enhancement (EX)

The Class Skill that characterizes a Berserker, raising basic parameters and strengthens one's physical abilities in exchange of hindering mental capacities and/or in exchange for their sense of reason. Berserker's entire existence is formed upon the basis that he is "Robin Hood's enemy". While communication is possible, the mere mention of the green-hooded vigilante is enough to make him abandon all reason and go on a mindless rampage.The Class Skill that characterizes a Berserker, raising basic parameters and strengthens one's physical abilities in exchange of hindering mental capacities and/or in exchange for their sense of reason. Aside from having his sense of self distorted through Innocent Monster and his first Noble Phantasm, Berserker is a self-righteous mad King determined to seize glory and power at all cost. Communication is possible, but since every conversation is performed under the premise that he is righteous, mutual understanding is nigh-impossible. Incidentally, the mention of his family members or a certain green-hooded vigilante is enough to make him abandon all reason and go on a mindless rampage.

Personal Skills
    Innocent Monster (A+)

An attribute possessed by Servants whose true history and existence have been distorted by the monstrous reputations and gossips they accrued across the course of their life and thereafter, without concern for the actual person's will or appearance. Berserker's True Name is the Sheriff of Nottingham. However, his true identity has always been a matter of debate. Historically speaking, there is no clear indicator on who the Sheriff was, aside from him being an enemy of Robin Hood and serving King John Lackland during Richard I's absence. This disputed identity created numerous differing interpretations of his character. Thus, the Berserker-Class Servant "Sheriff of Nottingham" is actually an amalgamation of those differing interpretations, only united by the common thread of being "an enemy of Robin Hood".An attribute possessed by Servants whose true history and existence have been distorted by the monstrous reputations and gossips they accrued across the course of their life and thereafter, without concern for the actual person's will or appearance. Even if a true "Sheriff of Nottingham" did exist at some point in time, Berserker is not that individual. The Sheriff's lack of fame means that he would not normally qualify as anything more than a Phantom Spirit at best. Thus, any attempt to summon the Sheriff will cause Berserker to manifest in his place. This is due to the Grail seeking out the second-closest individual that fits the public criteria of "an enemy of Robin Hood", and forcing said individual to adopt the Sheriff's characteristics. While normally Berserker could have suppressed or sealed this Skill outright due to there being a clear distinction between himself and the Sheriff, he refuses to do so. In fact, under this particular Class, he willingly embraces it, giving birth to his first Noble Phantasm.

Tyrannical Charisma (B)

A Skill denoting Berserker's tyrannical grip over Nottingham. It was said that he heavily taxed the people into poverty and starvation just to fund his hedonistic lifestyle, and brutally executed anyone who failed to pay their taxes as an example, believing that they had outlived their usefulness to him. Until the Merry Men came along, he ruled Nottingham with an iron fist, facing little to no opposition. Similar to the original Charisma, this Skill represents his leadership capabilities. Differing from the original, however, this Skill does not account for the troops' morale, considering how he ruled with an iron fist. Instead, Berserker's presence imposes a terrifyingly oppressive atmosphere upon allies and enemies alike. Allies receive a strong compulsion to carry out his commands, while enemies must undergo a resolve check with every action. Failing this check causes them to be immobilized by fear for a few seconds. Only those possessing certain mental fortification Skills of the same rank or higher may resist these effects.A Skill denoting Berserker's tyrannical grip over England. While he was not known for his talent in politics and governance, he was known for his spitefulness and cruelty, willing to raze entire villages to the ground just to smoke out some bandits, put his own ministers to death for disagreeing with him, and heavily tax his own people into poverty and starvation just to bolster his own forces. While he was hardly popular, none dared to defy his will until much later during his rule, fearing the brutal punishments that await them if they do so. Similar to the original Charisma, this Skill represents his leadership capabilities. Differing from the original, however, this Skill does not account for the troops' morale, considering how he ruled with an iron fist. Instead, Berserker's presence imposes a terrifyingly oppressive atmosphere upon allies and enemies alike. Allies receive a strong compulsion to carry out his commands, while enemies must undergo a resolve check with every action. Failing this check causes them to be immobilized by fear for a few seconds. Only those possessing certain mental fortification Skills of the same rank or higher may resist these effects.

Demonic Defender of the State (B)

The capacity for a Servant to mark a region as his personal dominion by securing the surrounding leylines prior to an engagement. An extension of his iron-fisted rule over Nottingham and arguably his most infamous feat within the legend of Robin Hood; the unaffordable taxes. On top of Berserker's corrupt and hedonistic lifestyle, it was the taxes that condemned the people of Nottingham into a life of poverty and misery. Eventually, these unjust taxes also served as one of the motives for Robin Hood and the Merry Men to act out their belief of "steal from the rich, give to the poor". As a Skill, not only does it enhance Berserker's parameters and combat abilities, it also allows him to impose "tax" upon all citizens of his established dominion. This "tax" translates into the ability to continuously siphon mana from every living creature within his vicinity in order to sustain his own existence.The capacity for a Servant to mark a region as his personal dominion by securing the surrounding leylines prior to an engagement. An extension of his iron-fisted rule over England and arguably the most unpopular policy established during his rule; the unaffordable taxes. Even the most brutal of wars will come to an end sooner or later. Taxes, however, is akin to a lifelong, binding contract. For as long as they draw breath, the tax is always there to siphon a considerable portion of their wealth, constantly condemning them to a life of poverty and misery. In a way, this concept of "taxes" is the one thing that binds the Sheriff and the King, legend and history, together, perhaps acting as an anchor of sorts in Berserker's Saint Graph serving to strengthen the connection between his two "identities". As a Skill, not only does it enhance Berserker's parameters and combat abilities, it also allows him to impose "tax" upon all citizens of his established dominion. This "tax" translates into the ability to continuously siphon mana from every living creature within his vicinity in order to sustain his own existence. While this won't outright kill his "subjects", the constant mana drain would still leave them severely weakened and disoriented. Servants and especially resilient humans may last longer before succumbing into this effect, yet even they would find their fighting capabilities considerably diminished unless they possess the ability to heavily conserve mana, or a fighting style that does not rely on mana.

Noble Phantasm(s)

Delusional Black Knight
    The Sheriff of Nottingham

"Servant Berserker. I have come in response to your summons. My True Name is of no importance, though you may address me simply as the Sheriff of Nottingham. Now let us be off. I shall deliver swift justice upon our enemies."

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: -
    Max Targets: 1 (self)

The Berserker-Class Servant known as the Sheriff of Nottingham does not exist. It is merely an illusion born from this Noble Phantasm, manifested through the overlapping similarities between him and the Sheriff in question. In essence, both is are enemies to
    England
    Robin Hood
    . Berserker's True Name is none other than King John of England, also known as John Lackland. A manifestation of the King's subconscious disdain towards the throne as well as his desire to escape from his duties, this constantly active Noble Phantasm takes the form of Berserker's armor and is automatically deployed upon his summoning. This Noble Phantasm heavily obscures his Skills and Parameters, while also applying a powerful mental manipulation spell to Berserker himself, causing him to genuinely believe that he is the legendary Sheriff. These combination of factors created the "Servant" known as the Sheriff of Nottingham. While this Noble Phantasm is active, Berserker's denial and dissociation reaches its peak, to the point that even if his helmet shatters and his true identity is known, any attack directed towards "King John" will harmlessly phase through him, only allowing attacks directed towards "the Sheriff of Nottingham" to hit him and forcing his enemies to play into his delusions.

In a sense, "the Sheriff of Nottingham" is more akin to a fleeting dream conjured by Berserker's warped mind. An escape from the pressure and failures he continuously faced as King, and a chance to become "a true enforcer of justice" rather the monster he was known for in life. To him, it is a wonderful dream, but alas, every dreamer must wake sooner or later...

Justice Devours the Merry Men
    Oathkeeper

"I care not for who I am. What matters is that I am a hero of justice. Thus as a hero, it is my duty to cut you down. That is my oath. The purpose of my existence. Now, a blade through your chest, or a noose through your neck? Take your pick, criminal scum."

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1-200
    Max Targets: 100

Berserker's sword. Throughout the countless retellings of the legend of Robin Hood, numerous interpretations of the Sheriff's character had arose. To some, he was merely a corrupt official. Others considered him a cunning manipulator, a cowardly schemer, or even a misguided hero in his own right. However, at the root of these varying interpretation lies one constant fact; the Sheriff of Nottingham exists to oppose Robin Hood. A lawful
    villain
    "hero"
    to oppose the May King's chaotic
    heroism
    "villainy"
    . Thus, this Noble Phantasm exists as a fulfillment of that oath. A proof of his existence. A blade that cuts down those who operate outside the law. Aside from being a decently powerful sword, it has the ability to shoot projectile beams for a relatively low mana cost. Finally, by planting the sword into the ground, numerous tendril-like shadows would emerge, automatically seeking those considered "criminals" according to Berserker. Those touched by the tendrils would gradually feel the effects of asphyxiation, akin to being hanged. This effect may lead to death unless one is able to shake off the tendrils. Alternatively, Berserker can also utter a special incantation to accelerate the process, causing it to snap the target's neck almost instantly, akin to removing the scaffolding. This effect requires a considerably higher mana cost and can only be directed at one target at a time, though. Furthermore, Servants immune to the concept of death, or those possessing Skills such as Battle Continuation may survive this effect. All of these Noble Phantasm's effects are strengthened when used against those possessing chaotic alignment.

The Mad King Ruling Over a Land of Death
    Lackland

Source

"No, no, no... I-It's not my fault! Nobody told me what I did wrong! THEY'RE ALL IDIOTS! EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! THAT'S WHY THEY BROUGHT THIS ACCURSED FATE UPON THEMSELVES!!"

Type: Anti-City
    Range: 1-500
    Max Targets: ???

All dreamers must wake. And in Berserker's case, he would wake up to a scene from his worst nightmare. Corpses littering the streets. The ground desolate and barren. Crops and livestock dying. Some unwise political and military decisions, a brewing civil war, and a number of unforeseen disasters such as famine and pestilence led to him dubbed as one of, if not the worst King to have ever ruled England. While it cannot be said that he was entirely responsible for the state of England at the time, many of these issues were directly or indirectly attributed to his own incompetence as King.

A Noble Phantasm belonging to King John Lackland as opposed to the Sheriff of Nottingham, it is normally sealed as long as his first Noble Phantasm is active. However, as the "Sheriff" encounters certain objects or individuals that remind him of his true identity, he may gradually awaken from his fleeting dream. Once he is fully awake, he gains access to this Noble Phantasm; a final trump card representing the calamitous state of England during his draconian rule. As one who "brought ruin to England", he is capable of reproducing the state of that ruin throughout his surroundings. Upon its activation, plant life within his surroundings would wilt, the ground becomes cracked and dry, and living creatures have their strength rapidly sapped from them, causing symptoms similar to severe malnutrition and famine. While its area of effect starts out small, it grows overtime, akin to a creeping terror that mindlessly ravages anything in its path. For the duration of this Noble Phantasm, Berserker's hands gain the power to cause necrosis and decomposition upon any living creature they touch, making even the slightest contact potentially fatal. This effect is born out of the notion that even if pestilence was something outside his control, his own incompetence and ignorance to the matter is akin to him sentencing his people to death directly. Finally, as the affected areas grow, Berserker's parameters are gradually increased, and he receives benefits similar to the fame boost he would have obtained if he were summoned in his homeland. This represents how he seemingly remains apathetic, or even revels, in the destruction he created throughout England.

A downside to this Noble Phantasm lies in its high mana cost, which may be partially mitigated thanks to Demonic Defender of the State. Aside from that, activating this Noble Phantasm for long periods of time may further erode Berserker's remaining sanity due to him being reminded of his own failures as well as the people's hatred towards him. If his own sanity is degraded enough, this Noble Phantasm may affect his Master and his other allies as well due to him losing the ability to differentiate between friend and foe.

Description
    Berserker's True Name is the Sheriff of Nottingham, the main antagonist in the legend of Robin Hood. Despite how he is commonly depicted as a corrupt, hedonistic official, this version of him does not seem to act like it. Berserker possesses a powerful sense of justice and a fierce determination to combat evil. Those he deemed as villains would immediately face the sharp edge of his blade. A true "hero of justice" all around.

...Yet what is the definition of his justice? Befitting of his legend, he hates vigilantism above all. Those who operate outside the law, even if said law is utterly draconian in nature, or even if those vigilantes have some well-meaning intent behind their actions. He does not take such things into consideration, as he exists only to uphold (his own definition of) order. To that end, he brands anyone who doesn't fit his definition of order as "Robin Hood", and is prone to going berserk in pursuit of these "Robin Hoods", the same way a certain Amazonian Queen would go berserk at the mention of a certain Greek hero. Yet to him, this madness, as well as all the collateral damage and victims he may cause... all of it is justified for the sake of his justice.
    Berserker's True Name is King John of England, also known as John Lackland. Similar to his other identity as the Sheriff, he possesses a strong sense of justice, determined to uphold order and vanquish evil... or at least that's the first impression he gave off. His true personality is that of a self-righteous knight templar. The only definition of order he upholds is his own, and the only definition of evil he vanquishes is his own. Even if he is seemingly capable of pleasant conversations, these conversations happen under the premise of him being "correct". Thus, any perceived pleasantries are purely superficial from his part, and said conversations are merely one-sided engagements from him to sway others into his cause. It's best not to bring this up to him, though, as the notion of someone actually disagreeing with him might grant you a brutal punishment from him. As a whole, Berserker holds very little faith in humanity. The people never tried to understand him, so why should he try to understand them? All in all, he still tries to act as a good King (at least according to his own definition), but he does not consider it important to "understand the human heart". The only thing that matters is glory to the Kingdom. Once that is achieved, joy and prosperity is bound to follow. That is his principle, that the ignorant masses only need a strong hand to guide them.

Only three people are exempt from Berserker's view that everyone is beneath him; the legendary King of Knights Arthur Pendragon, his mother Eleanor of Aquitaine, and his brother Richard the Lionhearted. As a child, his mother had constantly fed him with tales of Arthur and the Round Table, which led to him idolizing the King of Knights as "what a good King should be like". Even if these three people cannot fully change his way of thinking, they may be the only ones able to have a genuine discussion with Berserker. The Once and Future King who saved Britain, his mother who gloriously led the Second Crusade, and his brother who led the Third. They are people he deeply respects and admires.

...Yet therein lies his greatest flaw. He lives for their praises. The neglect and loneliness he faced as a child led to him craving for their validation, frequently overexerting himself just to prove himself "worthy". This may provide some means of controlling him, as he would be willing to do anything if you convince him that Arthur, Eleanor, or Richard would have wanted him to do it. Doing this is ill-advised, however, as gradually, his desperation may transform into... something else entirely. Constantly hearing about his idols' legendary feats in comparison to his own would turn his admiration into envy and resentment. He would lash out at the world for "forcing him to chase after an impossible ideal". Afterwards, he would fully embrace his madness out of spite as a twisted, last-ditch attempt to prove that he can accomplish something worthwhile. That is his greatest wish; to prove that he's not worthless. He's not insignificant in the grand scheme of things. That even a failure like him could rule as a good King, just like how Arthur ruled justly over Camelot. Perhaps if he could accomplish such a thing, his mother and brother- the two shining stars he couldn't hope to reach during his lifetime- would finally look at him properly.

Lore

The Sheriff of Nottingham is the main antagonist in the legend of Robin Hood. He is generally depicted as an unjust tyrant who mistreats the local people of Nottinghamshire, subjecting them to unaffordable taxes. Robin Hood fights against him, stealing from the rich, and the Sheriff, in order to give to the poor; a characteristic for which Robin Hood is best known.

It is not conclusively known exactly whom this character is based on, but it would have been one of (or a composite of multiple of) the people who have occupied the post of the High Sheriff of Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and the Royal Forests. If, as in many versions of the Robin Hood legend, the action of the story is placed during the absence of King Richard I of England during the Third Crusade, the character could be identified with the little-known William de Wendenal; however, the Sheriff more usually remains either anonymous or pseudonymous.

King John of England

King John of England (also known as John Lackland) (1166-1216) was King of England from 1199 until his death in 1216. Born from the legendary King Henry II and his wife, Eleanor of Aquitaine, from childhood, he knew that he was destined for great things. His father was the first King of the House of Plantagenet. His mother was the leader of the Second Crusade. His elder brother Richard was adored by the people and would go on to lead the Third Crusade, achieving considerable victories in the Holy Land before returning. Thus, it's only natural for him to be able to follow his family's footsteps, right? From childhood he read stories of the legendary King of Knights and his daring escapades (his mother insisted that the King was a woman, but he never cared for such things. After all, his mother was a great ruler in her own right, so what's so surprising about a King being a woman?), tales of chivalry and heroism filled his imagination, and he was determined to become a wise and just leader, just like the heroes in his favorite stories.

As John grew up, however, things began to change. His father plotted against his mother, and his mother retaliated in the same way. Richard was growing increasingly busy fighting in skirmishes and quelling peasant uprisings. Even after his father fell from power, his mother continued to groom Richard to be the next King. Richard soon left England for the Holy Land, while his mother ruled in his stead. While all of this is happening, John felt increasingly lost and distant from his family. The loving family he had is no more. All of them went their separate ways, shining brighter as they do so. Eleanor's name was beloved throughout the Kingdom, while Richard occasionally wrote to him, telling him of his decisive victories along his way to the Holy Land. Meanwhile, John... just what could he do? Their brilliance had grown too bright for him.

John first had his chance when Eleanor ordered him to oversee a small province while she was occupied with other affairs. It should have been a simple matter, all things considered, but he failed. Unexpectedly, his policy to raise the taxes inadvertently caused utter chaos as the peasants revolted and vigilantes emerged from the forest under the command of the mysterious "Robin Hood". Luckily he had a friend, the Sheriff of Nottingham, to keep things under control for a while, but even they cannot suppress the chaos forever. Just when he thought everything was lost, his brother Richard returned amidst an archery competition. Richard settled the rising tensions, and it was revealed that the Sheriff had been oppressing the people and taxing them higher than he was supposed to, all without John's knowledge. He cursed his own ignorance. He tried to make amends, but it was too late; for the people, Robin Hood was a hero, while the Sheriff was a villain working for him.

As much as he regretted his mistake, he was swept up in another whirlwind before he could give the people proper closure. Richard was unexpectedly killed during one of his expeditions, while Eleanor had retired to an abbey in the countryside in her old age. This automatically puts John, the only surviving heir with little to no governing experience, into the throne of England. Not long after his coronation, a wave of famine and pestilence swept through England, which the people interpreted as an omen. John tried his best to relieve his people's suffering his people's suffering, but things just seemed to turn out worse for him with every action. Protecting one thing caused him to lose another. Fighting for one thing costed him another. Appealing to one group earned him the scorn of another. The peak of it all happened when he lost the Angevin-Plantagenet lands in France and crippled England financially. John tried his best to resolve things, only for revolts to break out left and right. That's when the realization finally hit him. The people never cared. Despite his best efforts, people will continue to attack him just for existing. He could become a King as legendary as Arthur, and someone would still want his head on a pike. Thus he came to one conclusion: A King does not need a human heart. What matters is ensuring the greater good of the Kingdom. And right now, "the greater good" translates to crushing the growing revolts to give England some time to rebuild. Afterwards, John began wiping out dissenters with swift brutality. He burnt down villages housing rebels and hanged hundreds for conspiring against him. Finally, having had enough, his enemies banded together and forced him to sign the Magna Carta, limiting his authority until his death in 1216. Overall, John went down in history as one of the very worst kings ever to sit on the English throne, both for his character and his failures.

Contemporary chroniclers were mostly critical of John's performance as king, and his reign has since been the subject of significant debate and periodic revision by historians from the 16th century onwards. Historian Jim Bradbury has summarized the current historical opinion of John's positive qualities, observing that John is today usually considered a "hard-working administrator, an able man, an able general". Nonetheless, modern historians agree that he also had many faults as king, including what historian Ralph Turner describes as "distasteful, even dangerous personality traits", such as pettiness, spitefulness, and cruelty.

Relationships

Robin Hood (Archer):
    "ROBIN HOOD!! Not even the druids in the forest can save you now! I'll burn down every last one of them if it means taking your life!"

Robin Hood (Roger Godberd):
    "A common criminal, nothing more. My blade would not be necessary for such a lowly scum. I'll wring out your neck myself."

Robin Hood (Loxley):
    "Y-You..! You're the one from my brother's-! Urgh... No, You're... You're just another one of those criminals... I shan't falter. I'll take your head and present it to the King! Do not resent me for this. I do this simply because it is just. Nothing more, nothing less."

Billy the Kid, Yan Qing, the Scarlet Pimpernel, Orestes, Autolycus, Jirocho Shimizu:
    "You... YOU'RE ONE OF THEM!! ROBIN HOOD!!"

John Lackland

Oliver Cromwell, Maximilien Robespierre, George Washington:
    "Why I refuse to hand over my authority to the masses? That's obvious! BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL FREAKING IDIOTS! Just look at yourselves! How long do you think your system of governance could last before crumbling due to the people's ignorant squabbles!? The people can't be trusted to make their own decisions! All they need is a firm guiding hand to keep them on the right path!"

Arthur/Artoria Pendragon:
    "How sad, at the end of the day, you faltered. Your humanity only made you weak. To think I used to look up to you!"

Merlin:
    "The Mage of Flowers... Mother told me about you in her stories. If only I had someone like you back then... Someone to teach me and show me where I did wrong... Could things... have turned out any different..?"

Richard I:
    "Dear brother! Are you planning to abandon us again to fight in the Holy Land? The people were suffering, yet you left them all to starve and die a slow and painful death in your absence! Tell me... Why didn't you do anything..? THEN YOU HAD THE GALL TO DIE BEFORE YOU CAN SETTLE YOUR DEBTS! HOW DARE YOU!!"

Eleanor of Aquitaine:
    "Now, now, what's with that look, mother? I did all that you asked me to! I kept England under control all by myself after Richard's passing! Is that not what a good King should do? What King Arthur would do? Certainly, I had to get a bit... rough, at times, but you of all people should know that it's necessary. Well? Am I a good King yet?"

Bond CE
    "Mother, can someone like me... pull out the Sword of Selection?"
    "Of course you can, dear. Any good King would be able to do it, and since you're my son, I have no doubt you'd make a great King someday!"
    "Wow, is that true, mother!? Ehehe, I can't wait! If I ever become King, I wish you and big brother Richard would attend my coronation!"
    "Of course! I won't miss it for the world, and I'd drag Richard straight out of Jerusalem if it means he could make it there!"

-----

As I grew up, I came to realize that Excalibur, the Sword of Selection, King Arthur, Merlin, and everything else most likely was just some fairytale my mother told me before bedtime. Yet even so, I continued to believe. Even if those stories aren't real, the values they instilled in me are real. I wanted to become a good King. Someone able to pull out my own "Sword of Selection" someday. Even as mother and father fought, as Richard left on more and more expeditions, as my family drifted away... My wish never changed. I wanted to become a good King that rules wisely and justly over my subjects.

-----

I never pulled out the "Sword of Selection". It was suddenly forced upon me, along with all the responsibilities it entailed, after Richard died and mother retired.
    I tried. Lord knows I tried.
    Yet it was never enough. The people continued to complain. They revolted and demanded change, even as I tried to answer to their every whim. Whatever I do, they will find some reason or another to curse my name.

-----

Am I... a failure?
    No, that's not possible. I am my mother's child, after all.
    Mother, Richard, father, grandfather, and his father before him... They shone as bright as the stars in the night sky, in all their magnificence.
    I am my mother's child, so naturally, I too should be able to shine as bright as they are!
    That's right, I can't afford to give up here! If the people considers me a monster, then I don't mind becoming one! Sooner or later, they'll see that I did everything for their sake, and they'll regale me as a hero!
    Then one day... maybe I'll be able to brag to everyone on the other side... How I pulled my own Sword of Selection and ruled justly over England. I'm sure they'll finally be proud of me then!

-----

In the end... why can't I... reach out to those distant stars..?
    Mother, Richard...
    I'm sorry.

Creator's Notes/Fun Facts
    This is officially my 69th Servant here. Nice.

- I used to have this short Plantagenet phase for a while sometime ago, similar to how Morg is with the Arthurian mythos nowadays. I wrote William Adelin, Robin Hood (Roger Godberd), Rosamund Clifford, and finally Eleanor of Aquitaine, all of them related to Henry's line in some way or another. Looks like this is another addition to that collection. In fact, this is like an indirect sequel of sorts to Eleanor's sheet, and reading hers might give you a bit of extra context, such as how Eleanor knew Artoria was a woman.

- It's interesting to consider the effects of the Arthurian Mythos to Eleanor and her sons. Eleanor admired Artoria as a strong leader unburdened by the oppression which she suffered as a woman in the middle ages. Richard became a total fanboy for Artoria/Arthur for her courage and chivalry. Meanwhile, John used the mythos as a coping mechanism of sorts while he was neglected due to his mother favoring Richard more while leaving him to effectively fend for himself during his time in Nottingham. As you can see, it... didn't work well. John pretty much broke upon finding out that he just wasn't as gifted as his other family members, and the world can't be overcome entirely through idealism, chivalry, and honor as depicted in the mythos. So instead he lashed out at everything he used to believe in- his mom, his brother, his childhood hero- destroying himself in the process.

- The basic concept of this sheet is envy and inferiority complex. That feeling you get when you're surrounded by amazing, talented people, while you yourself just... lacks that talent. Richard and Eleanor never actually hated John for anything, but he felt like the world is constantly comparing him to these amazing people. Along with his belief that "If they can do it, I can, too!" as well as his idealism, the whole ordeal just broke him.

- He was also partially designed as an antithesis to Artoria. Artoria's Kingdom fell because she "couldn't understand the human heart". Meanwhile, John tried to understand his people, only to be hurt by it repeatedly and deciding that he'd rather be inhuman than hurt.

- He'd probably fit my ""Dreamers" contest a while back, as his entire first NP revolves around the idea of escapism. As much as he wants to be a good King, a part of him is traumatized by the whole ordeal, so he subconsciously prefers to play the part of a straightforward sheriff playing cat-and-mouse with a clear "villain" rather than take on all the heavy responsibilities of a King.
    Last edited by BnEl15; September 26th, 2021 at 09:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    The King’s Lover

True Name
    Allignment
    Class
    Alternative Classes
    Anne Boleyn
    Neutral Evil
    Lover
    Caster, Sinner

Height
    1.60m
    Weight
    57kg
    Region
    England
    Source
    Historical Fact
    Dislikes
    Towers

Parameters
    STR
    END
    AGI
    MAG
    LCK
    NP
    E
    E
    A
    A
    E
    A

Background

This is a tale of passion.

A tale of lust and ambition. The story of a woman whose love defied heavenly order and corrupted the heart of a king with the fires of her feverish obsession.

Anne Boleyn.

The Second Wife of King Henry VIII

The woman who caused the break of England and Rome.

A temptress who seduced the King with the promise of an heir. She enjoyed his favor and pushed to become Queen. Capitalizing on the intense love and passion of their relationship, she caused the rift which would soon lead to Henry’s many marriages and her own eventual downfall.

Accused of treachery.

Heresy.

Witchcraft.

Anne Boleyn carried within herself a monstrous desire, a love which is all consuming. A selfish lust which sees only herself as worthy of love. Till the day of her execution, Boleyn professed only love towards the King. His love was hers. His crown was hers. It was fated to be.

He was hers.

And would always be hers.

Personality

Possessive, obsessive, feverishly in love. Ambitious beyond common sense. Anne Boleyn as a Lover is wholly selfish. Her love is a set of shackles, chains which tie down any who catch her eye. Everything about their lives must revolve around her, every faltering step worth of punishment.

Her love is poisonous, a venom which seeps through the pores, burns the veins and melts the bones. A corruptive force, narcotic even, which consumes Anne and the object of her passion until both sink into the depths of their most perverse cravings and urges.

Her dearest desire is to birth an heir. The son she promised to her beloved Henry.

At long last prove herself as the truly fated Queen.

But in her current state. All she would give birth to is a catastrophe.

Class Skills

Lover

A+
    All consuming passion, burning desire and lust on the level of obsessive possessiveness. Her love is overwhelming, her grasp an iron vice from which the target of her affections will never escape. Such is her brand of love.

Beloved

E
    Only holding the affection of a single man, before being betrayed, imprisoned, tortured and executed. Despite Anne’s love being overwhelming, she only inspires short term lust and fear in others to the point those who aren't similar to her will be repulsed by her on sight.

Personal Skills
    Wicked Queen

B
    The temperament of a noble lady whose charisma attracts those similar to the user to create a Wicked Court. Chosen ones will always feel admiration and loyalty for her, developing tastes similar to Anne’s.
    Order Disruption

C
    The signature skill of the Sinner Class. It marks entities within a grail war designated for elimination. Servants with this class do not register as participants of a grail war, their presence represents a taint within the Grail.

Forbidden Temptation

A
    The ability to seduce a partner. Unlike her other skill this applies only to an individual with ‘Henry-like Qualities’. Someone affected by this Skill will slowly become Anne’s ‘perfect partner’ while at the same time gaining her unwavering loyalty the more compatible they become.
    Witchcraft (False)
    E
    While not truly a witch, due to her unconventional summoning and the taint of the grail, Anne has access to magecraft based on what others believe a ‘witch could do’. Though limited in scope.

Variant Class - Sinner

In highly modified grail wars, a failsafe may be added in order to purge corruptive taints from the system. These sacrificial lambs, summoned by the Grail as targets to the Three Judge Classes are summoned as warped visages of their normal classes, their saint graphs warped to suit the nature of the Sinner Class.

Individuals who broke taboos, were accused of heinous crimes or practiced heresy. These figures are summoned not as participants of a Grail War but as targets to be eliminated.

The greater the taint within the Grail, the higher the number of Sinner Servants summoned by the failsafe in order to purge it. Their unique skill Order Disruption, marks them.

Noble Phantasms
    Temptress Diabolica: Till Death do Us Apart
    Anti-Unit
    C+

Anne Boleyn’s reputation as a seductive temptress and witch whose passion corrupted good King Henry and drove him to break away from the Church for her sake. This Noble Phantasm turns Boleyn into something akin to a Succubus, a demonic entity of desire which feeds on the lust and passion of men. Allowing her to control them, change them to better suit her likes. While transformed, her stats are greatly increased and she gains abilities associated with a demon.

Tower of London: Inner Sanctum of Repressed Desire
    Barrier
    C+

Her designated prison, a cage of stone and steel meant to repress her love for the King. Anne’s distorted mentality sees it not as a prison, but as the place where her love for Henry is strongest. Where her devotion was tested through pain and humiliation. By calling its true name, Anne manifests the Tower of London around herself and her target. Once locked, the Tower produces a terrible and intoxicating miasma which slowly kills the target the greater their affection for Lover becomes.

Unbirth Queen Boleyn: The Promised Child Arrives
    Anti-Country
    A

Anne’s deepest, most desperate desire. Giving birth to a child as proof of being Henry’s destined wife. His true love. However, her failure in life to provide him a son means that she will never be able to birth anything close. Instead, acquiring the genetic material of a partner, Boleyn will enter a faste gestation period at the end of witch she will purge a torrent of blood and pitch, a puddle of darkness from which is not born a human child, but an imaginary facsimile, an inhuman creature driven to ‘rule its country’ as Henry’s ‘one true heir’. A demon that obeys only its mother.

Blog Entries
    King John: Gotta feel sorry for the guy in some regard. On the flip side, he's a prick.
    Pretty powerful and an interesting Servant. I really like that third one being just a representation of how dead inside he is and how he just destroys everything he touches, becoming more powerful the less human he becomes.
    Oathkeeper's powers are interesting, nut I don't think it necessarily need to be the sword, but just a power and effect he can use in general, but that's an opinion more than anything.

Anne Boleyn: Of the two crazy people here, she scares me more.
    Egh. I just don't want to think about her, which is meant complimentarily. That third NP especially. Just... ech. I gues a slimy, twisted person like that deserves a slimy, twisted NP.
    I mostly just think the Sinner Class is kinda pointless. The only situation something like that would matter is with Angra Mainyu, and that just makes one wonder why they wouldn't be in the fourth or fifth war in that case. Also, "Individuals who broke taboos, were accused of heinous crimes or practiced heresy." can apply to so many anti-heroes, and even some normal heroes, in Fate, and it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to even have Parameters, Skills, or even NPs in that Class if all they're meant to do is die. Overall, I just think that Class as a concept is pointless, but that's just me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Anne Boleyn: Of the two crazy people here, she scares me more.
    Egh. I just don't want to think about her, which is meant complimentarily. That third NP especially. Just... ech. I gues a slimy, twisted person like that deserves a slimy, twisted NP.
    I mostly just think the Sinner Class is kinda pointless. The only situation something like that would matter is with Angra Mainyu, and that just makes one wonder why they wouldn't be in the fourth or fifth war in that case. Also, "Individuals who broke taboos, were accused of heinous crimes or practiced heresy." can apply to so many anti-heroes, and even some normal heroes, in Fate, and it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to even have Parameters, Skills, or even NPs in that Class if all they're meant to do is die. Overall, I just think that Class as a concept is pointless, but that's just me.
    Right you are on all accounts! The Sinner Class isn't some edgy experimental class I'm using to fill up space, but a plot speficic tool being used to push a storyline that is developing between my new Profiles. And I am quite happy that you noticed how... wrong the existence of the Class is. But there is a connection between Anne's Profile and Dante's Profile. A narrative I am making and hinting at. That's part of the fun I have with my profiles and I hope you enjoy the story as it develops.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Right you are on all accounts! The Sinner Class isn't some edgy experimental class I'm using to fill up space, but a plot speficic tool being used to push a storyline that is developing between my new Profiles. And I am quite happy that you noticed how... wrong the existence of the Class is. But there is a connection between Anne's Profile and Dante's Profile. A narrative I am making and hinting at. That's part of the fun I have with my profiles and I hope you enjoy the story as it develops.
    Sound interesting this class wouöld be curious to see a "Sinner " class servant WWyvern and this Anne is really good , how would be her peronality be different in the other classes ? and how would the skills and Noblephantasm be different and i must ask what those "Henry like Qualities" are and in which form her new Lover is Corrupted ? and how strong would be really her "Son" actually comparade with servants ? Also here have i my first Remainer class servant Teshub please tell me your oppinion how doyou find my invented Class that will be having a similar plot relevance like your Classes Wyvern ?

Also do you plan to make some Master charckters ? As the Crystal PalaceThaumaturgy could be interesting

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Sound interesting this class wouöld be curious to see a "Sinner " class servant WWyvern and this Anne is really good , how would be her peronality be different in the other classes ? and how would the skills and Noblephantasm be different and i must ask what those "Henry like Qualities" are and in which form her new Lover is Corrupted ? and how strong would be really her "Son" actually comparade with servants ? Also here have i my first Remainer class servant Teshub please tell me your oppinion how doyou find my invented Class that will be having a similar plot relevance like your Classes Wyvern ?

Also do you plan to make some Master charckters ? As the Crystal PalaceThaumaturgy could be interesting
    Well, Henry like qualities can be boiled down to, 'being a king' and 'being married'. At least in Anne's mentality. She has a very romantic view despite being such a selfish Lover. Her personality without the 'influence' of Sinner would be much less dangerous but still quite selfish. She would switch from being a succubus to being a witch. As for Unbirth Queen Boelyn. Think about it as something similar to Golem Keter Malkuth, a construct which ramps up in power the longer it lives. Compared to a Servant, it would have the same level of power as one of Giles' familiars from Fate Zero, at its most powerful becoming similar to the giant horror Giles summoned.

As for Classes with plot relevance. I enjoy how they can be used to hint at alternative story elements even if they are something super specific like 'Sinner'. If there is a reason for something so contradictory and wrong within a Grail War to exist, then there must be something or someone pushing for it.