Page 288 of 620 FirstFirst ... 188238278283286287288289290293298338388 ... LastLast
Results 5,741 to 5,760 of 12386

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

屍鬼 Ghoul
    I become paranoïaque I see Pretender everywhere

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I suggest that you take your meds.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    quick question:
    when you read the servant sheets here
    do you do it on mobile or desktop?
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    quick question:
    I do it on both when at home on PC regularily but if not etc on mobile.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    quick question:
    I assume this is a question for anyone to answer, I usually view it on desktop. However, if I want to check the forum and I'm away from the computer, I'll just pull it up on my phone to check.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Lambda-nu account seems pretty dead to be honest. Dude hasn’t posted anything since September. I wonder what happened to them. Maybe we should get someone more active to replace them.

(I also wonder what happened to cursed by fortuna because he hasn’t posted anything in 4 days.)
    Last edited by NINE-lives; October 22nd, 2021 at 07:51 PM.

OP is fine. People don't always have the time to hang out online every day.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lambda doesnt post that often, but I see him online often

and Fortuna is usually not someone that posts regularly. He has days where he answers a bunch and then he goes back to his life
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I’m just wondering if the index will be updated when we hit 300 pages. Especially given lambda-nu seemingly refusing to update the servant index.
    Last edited by NINE-lives; October 22nd, 2021 at 08:10 PM.

Calm down. 300 pages will probably be another month or 2, and it'll get done when it gets done.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Besides, pretty sure that Delrey is still keeping track, so we won't miss that much, if at all, when it eventually gets posted.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You do post some rather rude stuff sometimes, eh.
    Don't worry, Lambda knows when he should update the index and there's a bunch of people helping him as well. Us members only have to enjoy the ride.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "You have called upon the King of Heroes, Gilgamesh! Now kneel before me, mongrel! That is the way he talks, right...?"

Servant Archer:

Appearance:

True Name: Gilgamesh?

Alignment: Chaotic Good?

Strength- B
    Agility- C
    Endurance- C
    Mana- B
    Luck- A
    NP- EX

Personality
    The usual persona of the King of Heroes, Archer exhibits an arrogant and ostentatious demeanor as if declaring everything in the world belongs to him. However, there are occasional moments where something seems odd about how he acts. While Gilgamesh is relaxed in his arrogance, fully confident that the world is his from the start, this Archer seems to try too hard to assert his authority to the point of over-acting at times. Additionally he sometimes adopts a strangely sly mercantile manner and asks his Master to participate in "multi-level marketing opportunities" he's devised. This strange Servant calling himself the King of Heroes, just who in the world is he...?

Dislikes: counterfeiters, snakes
    Talents: riches, ...marketing schemes?
    Natural Enemy: Enkidu, EMIYA

Class Skills:

Independent Action- A
    The ability to remain in existence without a supply of magical energy from one's Master. At this rank Archer can linger in the World for up to a full week in the absence of an active contract. "I journeyed to the underworld and back to retrieve my friend Enkidu, of course I have this rank! Erm, you want to know the details of that journey? ...Pfah! As if I'd bother satiating the paltry curiosity of mongrels like you!"

Magic Resistance- E
    Confers protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects magical energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. At this rank, it doesn't negate magic at all but only reduces the damage a little. "Man, to think his resistance is almost as lame as mine, that makes this easier for me... huh, I didn't say anything!"

Personal Skills:

Charisma- A+
    A composite Skill consisting of one's natural charm as well as the ability to command armies in battle. Boosts the ability of allies in group battles. At this rank, it goes beyond charisma to reach the level of a spell (curse) in itself. "People really will believe anything as long as it comes from the mouth of a 'king', huh? Sure is convenient..."

Divinity- B
    Qualifies one's aptitude as a Divine Spirit. Having been two thirds god in legend Archer would have one of the highest ranks among demigods. However his dislike of the gods for killing his best friend Enkidu has lowered the rank. "Personally I wouldn't turn down gifts offered to me, but proud people make weird decisions I guess. Oh, didn't see you there Master! You know I was just musing to myself, right...?"

Golden Rule- A
    Measures one's fortune in acquiring wealth. At this rank, one can easily live the life of a millionaire without having to worry about money at all. Fitting for one who boasted of owning all the world's treasures in his lifetime. "Yep, I may be rolling in dough but a little more never hurts, right? So, why don't you invest in this marketing strategy so we can both make it big? I promise this isn't an opportunity I'd be giving just anyone!"

Noble Phantasms
    Gate Of Babylon
    The King's Treasure

Type: Anti-Unit

The legendary treasury of Gilgamesh who supposedly amassed all the treasures of the world in his era. By simply opening portals to the vault that lies outside time and space, Archer can freely rain down endless amounts of mythical weaponry upon his enemies. That is normally true, however for some reason Archer's current usage is rather unorthodox. He insists upon only forming the weapons one at a time and describing the true name and effects of each one before using it. Almost as if he wants to convince his opponent they really are what he claims them to be. Though if asked Archer will simply proclaim "It wouldn't bring any satisfaction to annihilate my enemies without letting them first know the magnitude of my grandeur!"

Enuma Elish
    Star Of Creation That Split Heaven And Earth

Type: Anti-World

"Hmm, let's see... a legendary sword that... split heaven and earth before the creation of the world... are you freaking kidding me?! There's no way I can even make a convincing forgery of something so utterly ridiculous like that!! Erm, I mean... of course I totally have this Noble Phantasm, Master! No, that doesn't mean you can see it..."

"...Sigh, I guess there's no point keeping up the act anymore. My neck was getting a little stiff having to hold my head high all the time anyway... Very well 'Master', you wanna' see who the Servant you were lucky enough to summon really is?"
    "Kahahahaa... you actually fell for it for this long, moron?! Seriously, to think I'M the legendary king Gilgamesh... it looks like humanity in this era really is unable to tell a fake from the genuine article, and yet they keep on longing for the latter anyways. If you ask me that's... way too freaking pathetic!"

Grand Pretender:

Appearance:

Source

True Name: Ea-nasir "King of Counterfeiters"

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Strength- E-
    Agility- E-
    Endurance- E-
    Mana- E-
    Luck- E-
    NP- EX

"That I of all people got summoned as an epic hero... that really is a pretty bad joke. Oh well, I guess I'll just live as I always have, tricking and stealing to my heart's content... until everything goes up in smoke."

Personality
    Upon revealing his true self and Class, Pretender sheds his kingly demeanor to adopt far more laidback and vulgar mannerisms. He easily adapts to the modern era typically sporting the likes of a hoodie and jeans. While he can act like a roguish and friendly "cool big bro" to cozy up to an intended mark Pretender is more comfortable looking down on and insulting others.

Whether talking about others or himself his words drip with mockery and a sneer is nearly always playing across his features. He refers to humanity as idiots who would believe a lie just for their own peace of mind only to hypocritically turn against those who peddle such things. Pretender believes that a con-artist like himself is the most honest since he fully acknowledges what sort of person he is and acts accordingly.

In other words--- a genuine slimy scumbag who'd gladly pick someone's pocket only to generously pay them back with the very same money. In the War he will outrageously proposition other Servants with business opportunities such as a chance to team up and share the Grail's bounty equally. It's unclear if he actually expects them to take up any of these offers though, or it's just an act to unnerve and catch them off-guard.

Secretly Pretender bears a great deal of bitterness towards himself and the world for allowing someone like him to prosper. While those born with the golden ticket called talent obtain all that they desire, the weak have no choice but to trick, cheat and steal to claw their way to the top. "Shouldn't such a meaningless world just disappear...?" Pretender sneers at both himself and the world, rationalizing that he had no other option but to resort to those methods to survive while at the same time resenting that he succeeded as genuinely honest people were ground into the dust. That contradiction means Pretender actually can perform spontaneous acts of kindness on occasion. Though he'll be quick to insist that it was just to practice his act for a future con and not to believe he's actually a good person or anything.

Pretender claims his reason for seeking the Grail is merely for fun and to incarnate in the World so he can continue his life of conning others indefinitely. However that is only a mask for his true wish; to destroy the concept of "universal truth" itself, allowing everyone to live in their own personal reality that caters to their desires. In other words, shattering his limitations as a Servant to truly expand his Noble Phantasm to cover the entire world and overwrite the universal Reality Marble of Gaea. He believes that would be the ultimate escapism and salvation from a cruel and unfair world and takes it upon himself to grant what he sees as "humanity's wishes". Even if, it means opposing the very humans he intends to "save"...

Ultimately a jaded nihilist hiding his hatred behind a smiling mask, Pretender would gladly tear apart the entire world just to get rid of the unfairness that so vexes him.

Attitude to the Master
    For Pretender, the status of Master is equal to a partner-in-crime. If you'd summon a piece of trash like him it goes without saying that you must be equally rotten, so he expects a good-hearted cohabitation between fellow criminals. Of course, it's a simple fact that either of them might kill or betray the other if it came to their own convenience, and Pretender himself gladly accepts that condition of their relationship.

"I can trust people like me. Fellow scammers, criminals and lowlifes... they're out for themselves, so their actions are predictable on that basis. It's good people that you don't know what to expect from... you never know when they're about to do something so utterly stupid and noble you feel like vomiting and patting them on the back at the same time."

On the rarer occasion Pretender finds himself summoned by a genuine good person he'll be far more awkward and uncomfortable around them. In that case he'll use his snarky nature as a defense-mechanism, but be secretly testing out their ideals and convictions. Beyond his barbed words hides the side of someone who wishes to oversee his Master's development as a person and see them not go down the same path he did in life. And if his Master acknowledges Pretender for the scummy character he really is and still extends a hand towards him, he will constantly grumble and complain but--- he will never betray them.

For one who constantly drowns in lies and deceits, perhaps that desire alone is the one thing "true" for him.

"It's just a lie. It's certainly a lie. There's no way someone like me could ever deserve a genuine bond. But that being said, if it's only a lie then... I'd rather this lie go on for just a little longer."

Personal Information:

"What I like? To go up to an arrogant mark and rob them blind... it's a pleasure greater than ejaculating one hundred times! A-ahem, maybe I got a LITTLE carried away there Master... As for anything else, um, maybe a peaceful world where everyone has plenty to get by on would be nice... but that's only because they'd make the perfect marks to con! Yeah, totally!"

"What I dislike... that's obvious, injustice and when the strong oppress the weak. What, you didn't such decent words coming from the mouth of a scoundrel like me? Well, just because I do such things doesn't mean I can't recognize how shitty they are. Not to say I don't enjoy it, I mean, if you're going to live that way the least you can do is enjoy it... that's almost like taking responsibility rather than just mouthing excuses about how you had no other choice. But I guess if there was something I really can't stand it's hypocrisy. Great kings who'd revile me as a fraud while ordering wars that kill thousands and expecting their subjects to blindly follow their every word... they're the ones that really piss me off."

"My wish on the Grail... heh, to think of all these amazing heroes fighting over the miraculous cup from legend only for it to get stolen by a lowly con-artist... that would be good for a laugh don't you think? Reason enough to obtain it far as I'm concerned... and maybe, I could finally do something about this shitty world of ours..."

"My natural enemy? Well that golden Archer is always giving me a glare that could kill, and I guess people devoted to exposing the truth can be a bad match-up for me. For instance don't show me around that legendary detective anytime soon. Even with my Anti-Human Order Skill I'm pretty sure he could somehow read me like a book..."

Class Skills:

Anti-Human Order- D+
    An ability that puts a stop to everything created by humanity, as well as the laws that work in humanity's favor. It is a Skill originally possessed by the Beast Class.

In Pretender's case this is more like "Anti-Truth" as he embodies the concept that humans would rather embrace a convenient lie than take the effort to uncover reality for themselves. As such abilities that hold the concept of "uncovering truth" hold no effectiveness against Pretender. Skills like Instinct and Revelation that allow one to discern the "correct" course of action will instinctively omit Pretender in their predictions, making him effectively a "hole in the world". Even a Noble Phantasm that "reveals the truth of the World" like Ea will be cancelled out by Pretender due to the incompatibility of their concepts.

"You see... what humanity truly wishes for isn't the truth, it's merely a convenient fiction that affirms their own identity. And that's what I grant them. So maybe I'm not such a bad person when you think about it. Or maybe I'm just a sophist spouting lies to justify myself. You really shouldn't believe a word I'm saying y'know 'Master'..."

Item Construction (Forgery)- C
    A talent to craft items tinted with magical energy. Due to his nature as a con-artist Pretender's variation only allows him to construct convincing forgeries of truly legendary items, superficially similar but clearly incomparable to the genuine article before a discerning gaze. Through his Noble Phantasm Fraud Of Babylon the imitation-artifacts can become equal to true ones provided all present observers buy into their veracity, hence his ability to emulate a certain golden king's shower of weaponry.

"Ghrk... that goldie Archer is staring at me with real murderous intent in his gaze. Please keep me away from that guy Master, he can LITERALLY crush me like a bug if he wanted to..."

Disengage- E
    The ability to retreat from combat and return to allied territory after an engagement. At higher ranks it also has the effect of resetting battle conditions and status ailments directed at the user. With only an E-rank Pretender can sometimes retreat from a losing battle, but it lacks any special effects beyond that. Pretender claims that the ability to run away and set up shop somewhere else when things go south is a must-have for any con artist.

"Run away to live and scam another day? Well, something like that anyway..."

Personal Skills:

Complaint Tablet To Ea-nasir- A
    The sublimated tablet written to Pretender by a merchant named Nanni complaining about receiving poor-quality copper ingots. This tablet and others like it are the sole remaining proof of Pretender's existence in the modern age. A lowly con-artist who could've been easily been forgotten by history was instead immortalized in mankind's collective memory thanks to a few measly customer-service complaints. In a way, such is an equivalent miracle to the feats of true legendary heroes.

As a Skill this asserts that Pretender for all his insignificance receives the acknowledgment of the World. His parameters and Skills cannot be debuffed and Pretender is rendered immunity to instant-death and history-manipulation attacks lending him a kind of low-grade Independent Manifestation. However this Skill equally enforces Pretender's "insignificance", as such making it impossible for his parameters or Skills to be buffed from their initial values either and giving Powerless Shell at rank C. Assuring him to remain an absolutely pathetic existence only remembered for those he conned. Although this restriction can be bypassed with the usage of his Noble Phantasm that "cons the World itself".

"I'm the weakest 'hero' ever, a genuine piece of trash! But you know, that just makes it all the more satisfying when trash like me manages to drag down a true legendary hero...!"

Grievance Collector- C+
    The many complaint-tablets against Pretender were found in a house believed to be his own. In other words, Pretender himself collected the many complaints against him, perhaps taking pleasure in running his fingers along their surface and reminiscing over all the "gullible rubes" he conned.

Similarly to the hallmark of the Avenger Class, this Skill passively donates Pretender a small amount of Mana in proportion to the extent of negative emotions accrued against him. The more people hate, resent and are just downright annoyed by Pretender's existence the greater a boost he receives, literally fueling himself off the acrimony of those he scams. This can be said to explain a great deal of his current demeanor. Should a great number scorn and despise Pretender he could potentially remain in the World even in the total absence of a Master.

As a drawback at higher levels this Skill carries the effects of C-ranked Masochistic Constitution, increasing Pretender's likelihood of being targeted by enemies (everyone).

"That's right, all of you hate, curse and resent me... at the end of the day, I'm still going to be the one heartily laughing all the way to the bank! Because that's just the way this shitty as hell world of ours works! Though if you don't like it, I might have a sweet illusion to offer you, for a small price of course..."

Art Of The Deal (Scam)- D++
    A Skill encapsulating all the tools of the trade needed for a successful business deal, including persuasion, dress and the absolute confidence to present a captivating pitch. Naturally in Pretender's case the abilities included are all those that aid in a con specifically rather than an honest business transaction. The ability to speak smoothly and charmingly, hide one's true nature and scope out the target (mark) for mental vulnerabilities to exploit--- those are all the hallmark of an ideal con-artist in Pretender's eyes. In essence a composite Skill that includes low-ranked Charisma, Espionage and Human Observation.

Judging by his numerous complaints and eventual decline of his business empire Pretender was likely a rather poor con-artist in actual history. As such he'd only possess a low rank in this Skill. However it's been bolstered by his fame through the Complaint-Tablet as "humanity's first con-artist". Much as a certain golden-king owns all the treasures of the world all the techniques of later con-artists flow back to Pretender granting him usage over them.

"Meh, scams, business deals... it's all the same in the end. Everyone's selling something and they're willing to use any trick in the book to get others to buy in. The only difference is... I'm at least honest about what I'm doing."

Noble Phantasm
    Fraud Of Babylon
    Hollow Ars Magna

Type: Anti-World/Anti-Truth (Anti-Humanity)

"Man, to think a loser like me got an OP as hell ability like this upon becoming a Servant... this world really is full of amusing things! Now let me show you, exactly how insignificant that cherished 'truth' of yours really is... Fraud Of Babylon! Keha... kehahahahaAHAHHAHAAAHA!!!"

A crystallization of Pretender's dubious acclaim as the earliest con-artist in recorded history. Simply put, he was the first to profit by presenting falsity as fact. Sublimated as a Noble Phantasm this allows him to make claims that the World itself accepts as true provided no one actively disbelieves them.

In other words if Pretender declares that "an enemy Servant's Noble Phantasm is merely a well-made prop" then so long as everyone present (except the target themselves obviously) accepts it as fact he can invoke this Noble Phantasm to rewrite reality itself so that statement becomes the truth, sapping their armament of all its mystic power. Similarly, he could claim "he was taught sorcery by the ancient gods" or "descended from a lineage of fearsome monsters and beasts" and as long as it was believed actually obtain the relevant Skills High-Speed Divine Words and Monstrous Strength respectively.

Despite its absurd power and potential this Noble Phantasm doesn't cost any Mana from Pretender (thankfully given his pitiful Mana parameter) as rather than using his own power to enact the changes it simply tricks the World into enforcing them as its own common-sense. Even so there are some important limitations to Pretender's ability to rewrite reality.

First as mentioned the activation is conditional on everyone present accepting his claims as fact. If even one person casts doubt then the miracle will fail to actualize. Secondly the affected target has to be visible to Pretender when he invokes this Noble Phantasm so he can't just declare someone out of existence from the opposite side of the country (and similarly lies like "person x is dead" will be much harder to sustain when they're right there). Thirdly, Pretender can't trick his Saint Graph into ascribing Skills and Noble Phantasms of EX-rank or stronger than what the Grail itself could provide, so no making himself a god or giving the ability to destroy the world just by snapping his fingers.

Only specific and direct claims are realizable so Pretender can't just say something vague like "this person is a threat" or "something good is about to happen" and have it become true. Further if one manages to convince the observers that the original claim was false again the alterations will be undone returning things to how they were before. Though this might be difficult if Pretender convinced a large group of people or demonstrated the newfound truth in public. And although Pretender is quick to say otherwise ("So don't get any funny ideas now!"), his own death will annul the changes conferred by this Noble Phantasm.

This Noble Phantasm can be considered the pinnacle of a counterfeiter's art as rather than merely substituting copper for bronze or somesuch it allows him to substitute "truth" with "lies" itself. The ultimate scam that cons the World itself into exchanging something of value for something worthless.

...In reality, Ea-nasir himself lies as to the true nature of this Noble Phantasm as well as his qualifications as "Grand Pretender". Only Heroic Spirits of the seven standard Classes can be summoned under the title of Grand and power to rewrite the entire World would surely lie beyond even the strongest Servant's capabilities. Truthfully this Noble Phantasm only allows Pretender to project an invisible Bounded Field roughly the size of a city-block around himself where the common-sense of Gaea becomes overwritten with Alaya, allowing him to uphold any claim as true so long as "humanity" believes in it.

The effects of the reality-alterations are really confined to the Bounded Field itself and wear off once one exits beyond it. In this way, his Noble Phantasm can be considered emblematic of mankind's wish to delude themselves in a comforting illusion even knowing it will be crushed by reality outside...

So I know I said I probably wouldn't be writing any more Servants lately but what I can say, I lied. Which fits this guy's theme incidentally. In any case here's my contribution to the Pretender craze overtaking this forum. Much thanks to Fortuna for suggesting the idea of giving him a reality-warping NP. As usual comments and critiques would be welcome. Thanks for reading y'all!
    Last edited by RoydGolden; August 14th, 2023 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Fixed typo referring to him as Faker

Blog Entries
    And another Pretender enters the fray. I do like this one, though his masquerade as "Gilgamesh" does feel pretty obvious. Kind of iffy on him being Grand Pretender, though. I know you tried to justify it with the NP, and he might be one of, if not the oldest recorded scammer in human history, but beyond the NP, I don't really see anything that warrants him being a Grand (ignoring whether a Grand Pretender can exist in canon or not to begin with). Not to mention I expected a higher rank of Anti-Human Order for a Grand (though I guess that's excusable, since I'm also clueless on how to rank the Skill myself).

Edit: If I got the implications right, I do like him lying about being a Grand. Not the best at interpreting subtleties sometimes, sorry.

As a standard Pretender, though, I love everything about this guy. That "sophist" NP is really cool in particular, and I like his morally gray scammer character.
    Last edited by BnEl15; October 23rd, 2021 at 12:06 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thread theme:

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Great servant Royd. At first I was sorta iffy on a grand pretender but after reading the NP yeah. love this guy. seriously is really great.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    And another Pretender enters the fray. I do like this one, though his masquerade as "Gilgamesh" does feel pretty obvious. Kind of iffy on him being Grand Pretender, though. I know you tried to justify it with the NP, and he might be one of, if not the oldest recorded scammer in human history, but beyond the NP, I don't really see anything that warrants him being a Grand (ignoring whether a Grand Pretender can exist in canon or not to begin with). Not to mention I expected a higher rank of Anti-Human Order for a Grand (though I guess that's excusable, since I'm also clueless on how to rank the Skill myself).

Edit: If I got the implications right, I do like him lying about being a Grand. Not the best at interpreting subtleties sometimes, sorry.

As a standard Pretender, though, I love everything about this guy. That "sophist" NP is really cool in particular, and I like his morally gray scammer character.
    Yeah, he's just faking the Grand Pretender title for the lulz (a big reason why he does anything, really). His Gilgamesh act was also meant to be obvious since no one would really think I'd be posting an exact likeness of a canon Servant for some reason, and besides I imagine Ea-nasir himself wasn't putting his most effort into it but more just mocking the idea anyone could actually believe him to be Gilgamesh in the first place...

And thanks for the feedback BnEl. Given his personality I could see him being either an anti-hero who gets a redemption arc or goofy minor villain who becomes the tragic main antagonist at the end...

Blog Entries
    Tragic main antagonists, my favorite kind of main antagonists. That, and the very morally gray ones that you just can't help but root for to some extent.
    Last edited by BnEl15; October 23rd, 2021 at 12:50 AM.

Blog Entries
    Servant Saber Alter:

Appearance:

True Name: Sir Marrok

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Source: British Legend, Paris Singularity

Strength- B
    Agility- B+
    Endurance- B
    Mana- C
    Luck- C-
    NP- B

Personality
    In this incarnation, the aspect of his betrayal by humans has been forcibly brought to the forefront, rendering Saber a cold and pitiless being determined never to feel such anguish again. He casts aside his title as a knight sworn to defend the works of man; instead embracing the role of a knight to beasts. He thusly refers to his new master the Wolf-King Courtaud as "Lord" and is devoted to serving him much as a knight would their liege.

Saber retains his honor as a knight but expresses it by giving his human "prey" a fair chance to run away before mercilessly slaughtering them. His sour experience with his former wife has also left him openly misogynist, as Saber states that women are weak and untrustworthy creatures only good for manipulating men and leading them astray. Secretly, Saber's vestiges as a noble knight resent what he's been turned into, but his sense of self is currently too blurred by the Grail's corruption to meaningfully express that defiance.

Likes: sincere women (won't admit it), his "lord", a satisfying hunt
    Dislikes: humanity, women, unfair slaughter
    Talents: hunting, serving his "king"
    Natural Enemy: Morgana le Fay, his other self

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance- C-
    Confers protection against magical effects. At this rank spells with a chant below two verses are cancelled. Cannot cope against the likes of High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals. Saber has no anecdotes of resisting magic in life and in some versions of the story his lycanthropy was originally a curse from his unfaithful wife who dabbled in sorcery. As such Saber receives a specific vulnerability to spells that transfigure the shape.

Riding- E-
    The ability to ride animals and handle vehicles. As a knight he would've been expected to have familiarity with riding mounts but it's been dropped abysmally through his Distortion Skill. Saber doesn't mind however. Having known the shame of being treated as a mere pet and beast of burden he vows to never inflict it on another.

Oblivion Correction- C+
    The nature of one who holds forever onto a grudge even as others forget. This single-minded determination to cling to one's past grudges greatly boosts the damage dealt by critical strikes in battle. The shame of being betrayed and having to live as a mere pet in the king's palace, along with the hatred "his kin" felt when they were mercilessly massacred by humans. His human self may've forgotten those feelings--- but the Wolf-Knight shall continue to bare his fangs and rage.

Personal Skills:

Knight Tactics (Beast)- B
    A battle methodology in which one grasps the flow of combat and induces the opponent to make a mistake, even without being a match for him/her in strength. A Skill not for self-strengthening, but to invite a check failure for the opponent. Consists of composed observation powers to wager on a momentary chance of victory. In Saber's case he supplements this Skill with his lupine instincts, creating a unique fighting-style that combines the disciplined training of a knight with a wild beast's ruthless savagery.

Fallen Demon- C+
    A Skill given to mystical beasts and fallen ones- specifically, those of a man-made demonic nature, unattainable through natural means. It improves defense power, resistance against abnormal status, and so forth, though the ability falls slightly short of Natural Demon. A once-proud knight cursed into the form of a werewolf by his unfaithful wife's treachery, Saber possesses this Skill. It's been further bolstered by taking on the collective memory of all Phantasmal Beasts slaughtered by humans.

Distortion- C
    A Skill that forces the distortion of the Class the Servant was originally called forth in. He or she would receive the other Class' specialty as proof. Conversely, at least one among the set of the original Class Skills has declined. Having been dyed in the muck of the cursed Grail and exposed to the pain and fear of every beast hunted to extinction by humans, Saber obtains the Oblivion Correction Skill of the Avenger Class. In return, Riding has been lowered to E- rank.

Wolf-Knight- EX
    Saber's gestalt existence sublimated into a Personal Skill and strengthened by the favor he received from the Wolf-King Courtaud in the Paris Singularity. Knights protect humankind, but Saber rejects that duty to become a "knight of beasts" who bares his fangs against the Human Order. This Skill grants all of Saber's attacks an Anti-Human attribute, raising the damage dealt by his claws, fangs and sword against opponents and structures conceptualized as "human(-made)".

He also exerts a unique Charisma that makes possible to call on and command wolves as his loyal followers, akin to a retinue of devoted knights. Saber can even instruct the wolves to obey knightly tactics, drilling into them a surprising degree of discipline and formation that belies their savagery. This replaces his Riding Skill as Saber refuses the notion of riding animals anymore to instead fight by their side as brothers. However since Saber has no anecdotes of taming wild beasts in life this is just a borrowed authority from Courtaud and can be revoked if he ever turns against his "lord".

Noble Phantasms
    Bisclavret Garwalf
    Corrupted Sword Of The Wolf-Knight

The nameless sword of Sir Marrok which has been crowned with the Breton word "
    Werewolf
    Bisclavret
    " after the most famous telling of his legend. A sister-sword to the likes of Excalibur and Balmung, this Noble Phantasm would normally allow Saber to amplify his own Mana and expel it in the form of homing blasts shaped like monstrous wolves. However due to his newfound embracing of his savage nature it takes a more direct and brutal form. It is now constantly active and takes the form of an icy-blue wolflike aura surrounding his blade that bites and scratches at the enemy along with every slash. Functionally, wounds dealt by this weapon don't resemble the neat slices of a sword but the clawing and tearing of a wild beast.

Incidentally, "Bisclavret" is the original name of this Noble Phantasm as well as Saber's counterpart in legend, while "Garwalf" is the traditional Norman French word for Werewolf. The fact that the writer felt the need to use a unique term for the hero of the story was likely to show that he wasn't like ordinary violent and bestial werewolves. Conversely the fact that Saber tacks the name "Garwalf" onto this Noble Phantasm is a symbol of how he fully embraces his monstrous reputation.

Cicatrice Eternelle
    Scar Deep, My Rage And Remind Of Humanity

A crystallization of the moment in Saber's legend where he attacked his unfaithful wife in the throes of bestial fury, tearing off her nose. It was said that many of her descendants afterwards shared the same scar, a permanent reminder of guilt carved into her lineage.

Upon invoking this Noble Phantasm, Saber temporarily seals Bisclavret Garwalf's special ability to simply perform a single strike at the enemy seething with a great amount of Mana. It doesn't have to be a sword-slash but can be anything from a bite to even a punch or kick. While seemingly mundane the true worth of this technique is that it scars the target's genetic code・Saint Graph, leaving a wound that bypasses all internal and external regeneration abilities as their body simply recognizes it as "how they should be". If they're a human, it will even result in any children they have bearing the same mar.

In legend the moment where Saber attacked his former wife was what sparked the series of events that lead him to be recognized as his true self and restored to human form. As such invoking this Noble Phantasm announces Saber's true identity as "the heroic knight Marrok" as opposed to "the wolf Bisclavret". At least, that would normally be so.

However as Saber's altered self is inseparable from that of a wolf, his Saint Graph will be fatally destabilized if he rejects that aspect of himself. In other words, using this Noble Phantasm will result in Saber fully regaining his humanity and immediately dying. A self-sacrificial technique to only be used if there's something Saber wants to defeat or protect more importantly than his own life--- but what could a wild beast value more than its own survival? Until Saber can reconcile that contradiction, this Noble Phantasm is functionally sealed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here's an Alter version of my old Sir Marrok sheet. I wasn't quite satisfied with my original version of him and wanted to try writing a more interesting take. He's intended to be an antagonist in a Singularity idea Lambda and I came up with where Courtaud somehow gets a Grail in WWII creating a new No Man's Land where both Allies and Axis are prey to the wolves. He'd be a Servant summoned by Courtaud and corrupted into one of his followers. Might write up that Singularity sometime in the designated thread as I can see a few of my Servants fitting in it. As usual comments and critiques would be welcome. Thanks for reading!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Marok Alter : Great sheet Royd as i read it i thought immediately nice my Fenris has finally a friend in chaldea ! Really good servant profile one question would he think get along with my Lancer Fenris ? And could he fitt into the singularity? I mean as Avenger could fitt he into ?

Aside that would you think that my Kesagake would fit in the singularity as fellow animalic hero ? Perhaps could we try to make it a sort of enemies of mankind singularity ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...