Page 237 of 620 FirstFirst ... 137187227232235236237238239242247287337 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,740 of 12387

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Blog Entries

Let's keep this party going.

Spirit Origin Alteration Successful. 'Summer Alt' detected.

"Foreigner, how are you feeling? Are you ready for our vacation?"
    "I am feeling marvellous! Finally I can observe how other Servants act during Summer.
    Will they let their Id run wild? Will the new environment and atmosphere change their Reality Principle?
    Will the Summer Heat let their Libido run wild and alter their dreams?"

"*sigh*…he is still the same."
    "You might think!
    But to be honest…

< - ⪻ - ⋘ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- ۞ -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⋙ - ⪼ - >< - ⪻ - ⋘ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- ۞ -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⋙ - ⪼ - >

I don't care! Because the others are not the only ones on vacation! I am too! Who needs a drink? I do!
    Da Vinci! Tell my Patients I am back in half a year!"

"Wha- wait! That is not how vacation works!"

First Stage
    Second Stage
    Third Stage
    Final Stage
    Spiritron Dress: No Shame

Class
    Foreigner
    Alternative Classes
    Caster, Foreigner, Avenger
    True Name
    Sigmund Freud
    Aliases
    Lord of Summer Dreams
    Origin
    Austrian Empire (modern day Czech Republic) , Historical Fact
    Height/Weight
    172cm/60kg
    Alignment
    Chaotic Neutral
    Attribute
    Human

STR END AGI MAN LCK
    E+ E D+ B C

Psychology, sexual freedom, dreams, patients, ancient artifacts, the beach and the clouds, alcohol
    Dislikes
    prudeness, mental illnesses, Alaya, the anatomy of male eels
    Talent
    Analysis of the Mind and personal problems, "fly fishing", "couch surfing", mixing of drinks
    Natural Enemy
    Carl Jung, agents of the Counter Force, Oedipus
    Armament
    phallic symbol in form of a harpoon,
    yonic symbol in form of a couch
    Catalyst
    first edition of "Jenseits des Lustprinzips", notes of a certain English Homeless, the desperate wish to get help with their psychological problems

Class Skills

Existence Beyond the Domain C+
    A Class Skill associated with Foreigners. Denotes a being that descended from the void of outer space.
    Foreigner is in contact with the Greatest Dreamer, who rules over the Dreamlands. These lands are closely linked to our world and are some kind of reflection of our world. A strange world where dreams are real and reality is a dream and there is no time, but only perpetual youth. That is why Foreigner manifests in his younger form.
    Now not only residing at a wonderous Kingdom at the sea, but a Kingdom in the Clouds, the rank rose a bit.

Divinity E+
    Both parts of Foreigners Saint Graph are not proper Divine Spirits. But upon ascending the throne in the Dreamland City, the King became the chief god of it, making it barely as the class skill for him. But now being in Serannian, the City in the Clouds, his rank receives a plus modifier. Seems more 'godly' now.

Insanity C
    A Foreigner skill, granted to those that encountered an Outer God and were consumed by madness or consumed the madness itself.
    A high rank granted through his connection with Dreaming King. Kuranes is said to be the only dreamer who has gone to the outermost void "where no dreams reach", that is the court of a terrible and omnipotent monstrosity, The Dreaming God, and survived with both life and sanity intact. The Greatest Dreamer is therefore immune to any kind of mental interference imaginable, but he can only do so much for Foreigner from the distance.

Item Construction (Fake) D+
    A Skill that acts as an equivalent of Item Construction due to the user's lack of magus aptitude.
    Through Dreaming King and King of Dreams it is possible to summon weapons that are blessed with aspects of the Dreamlands and have the Oblivion Correction effect. Like you can forget dreams seconds after waking up, these dream weapons can hit from beyond your memory.
    The Dreaming King dreamed his whole city into existence, but from afar the weapons have to suffice. Compared to his other Foreigner Manifestation, the rank is slightly lower. The Items created have lower durability due to having the 'cloud' aspect incorporated in them, but because of their dreamy appearance have a stronger Oblivion Correction effect. It's a give and take.

Territory Creation (sealed)
    "I am on vacation! Doctor's Office opens in half a year!"
    He may have sealed this skill, but he is that kind of guy, who wakes up at 5am just to put his towel on the best sun lounger at the pool. Almost a German Tradition he has to follow.

Personal Skills

Cloud Surfing C
    A composite skill of Voyage and Aviation. The connection between the Dream City of Celephais and the Cloud Kingdom Serannian was by flying gallays. During Foreigner's vacation he is allowed to steer one of these flying ships. Additionally he learned how to surf on clouds? With a…COUCH?!

"Truth be told, when I first heard of the Skill I thought it meant 'Couch Surfing'! Freudian Slip haha."

Psychology C++
    A composite skill of Human Observation, Discernment of the Poor and Understanding of the Human Body. At high ranks the user is able to gain access to the skills Suggestion and Torture Technique (Mental). A skill granted to those with the ability to understand the inner mechanism of the human body and mind. Raises own aptitude to inflict Mental Interferences and resist Mental Interferences from others. In Foreigner's case he even has a chance to inflict Hypnoses.

"Listen, I am on vacation! Even the greatest minds need some time of once in a while. Else I end up being the patient on somebody else's couch."

But if someone needs help the rank jumps back to A-.

Dreaming King and King of Dreams B
    A composite Skill combining the abilities of the Dreaming King Kuranes and the King of Dreams Freud.
    Being the Father of Dream Analysis, combined with Foreigner's other skills he is able to see other people's Dreams. That allows further insight into their psyche, but also their hopes, fears, wishes and traumata.
    Being the Greatest Dreamer, who created a whole city while dreaming, he has the ability to create things with just his mind and utilize the benefits his creations bring.
    Combined this skill allows Foreigner to manifest Nightmares of others in form of Familiar Creation (Nightmares). Common fears can be created with ease like sharks, octopods or visions that invoke Thalassophobia, but personal fears like specific persons need more time, as Kuranes needs precise descriptions of them to manifest them into our world. These creations only last for a short time.

"Like your real dreams, they are only fleeting and the
    Counter Force
    human conscious
    tries to erase them shortly after. But dreams can reappear again, bringing you back to the moment of your trauma. Especially strong and weird imaginations will have a lasting impact on you after awaking."

The Familiars have a low rank in Oblivion Correction and the Item Construction (Fake) skill is an extension of this skill here. Else this skill provides Foreigner with low ranks in Golden Rule and Imperial Privilege, allowing him to use the silver harpoons of the Serannian Fleet during combat or the red singing birds as distractions. With those skills he obtained a low rank in Spearmanship and the Cloud Surfing skill.

Rank was lowered due to Foreigner insisting he is on vacation.

Appreciation of Drugs (sealed)

"I only use them for relaxation purposes. Now that I am in my Summer abode I can relax without any substances that bring me artificial satisfaction."
    "Jiiiiiiiiiiii~"
    "...weeeellll...anyways..."

Appreciation of Drinks B
    A skill that denotes the owner as a consumer of alcohol. It allows the identification of any beverage, drink or cocktail. It grants immunity to hangover, leaving only the beneficial effects like euphoria, increased socializing skills, rad dance moves, womanizing skills, etc. At this rank it can act as an Item Construction Skill and allows for the creation of any cocktail, be it alcoholic or not, making the owner a top notch barkeeper. This includes a strong 'Long Island Chaldea Tea', that can put even Servants into
    sleep
    hangover

"Here Master, I mentioned the Freudian Slip, right? Here is a Freudian Tip, offer Mash this Freudian Drink, give her a Freudian Trip and you end up getting a Freudian Strip without her Freudian 'Slip', you me understand?"
    "Freud, are you drunk?"
    "I think I will go for a Freudian Skinny Dip from my Freudian Ship, wanna see my Freudian Backflip, Ladies? Here I com-"
    Foreigner Freudian slipped and and broke his Freudian Hip. His Freudian Whip was exposed and his Freudian Clip is laughed at in ChaldeaTube.
    RIP.

Noble Phantasm

Madame Bevenisti's Present
    Couch to Relax after Parties

Foreigner reutilizes his trusted couch. Because he is not working the usual effects from his other manifestation are lost. He now just uses the Couch to sleep in after drinking his 'Long Island Chaldea Tea' and to surf on the waves of the Cloud Sea. Ever seen a famous Psychologist sleeping on a couch that swims in the ocean?

Ethereal Sky Fleet
    Drifting on the Horizon, Where the West Wind flows into the Sky

The Fleet of King Kuranes connects his two Kingdoms, sailing from the sweet waters of the Cerenarian Sea to the clear skies between Celephais and Serannian. The King allows Foreigner to use one of his ships. These ships are magical in nature, but mostly nothing more than ships for transport. The only weapons on board are silver harpoons, with which one can hunt the local fish in the sky. Similar how normal Rider can summon parts of their ships, Foreigner can summon parts of the bronze and onyx plating of the ship's hull to protect against attacks. But Kuranes' Kingdom knows no war, so the usefulness is limited.

"See, I already caught some fish. I am pretty good at fly fishing. Huh? That is not fly fishing? Master, are you mentally incapacitated? I am fishing in the sky, while I am flying. That is the whole point. Sheesh, no drinks for you anymore.
    By the way have I told you what a powerful phallic symbol the harpoon is? Conquering the sea that smell like fish is a great metaphor for..."

Serannian
    Cloud City of Dreams

Foreigner takes a sip of his 'strong drink' and lets the glass fall to the ground. It vanishes as if it fell into a puddle of water. White waves rise and engulf the vision of the target. The whiteness they see moves as if flying through clouds and then the blanket is opened. The target is exposed to the beauty of Serannian, the pink-hued city in the Clouds. In the distance of the ground one can see the sparkling towers of Celephais. Serannian is the perfect Summer Resort for Foreigner and his guests. In it various great locations can be found, like the harbour at which the flying ships dock, ready to sail with you through the cloud sea or a temple of a god, that gathers Mana for Foreigner while activated.

In Foreigner's Theory of the Id, Ego and Super-Ego, the Super-Ego reflects the internalization of cultural rules, mainly taught by parents applying their guidance and influence. But it also takes on the influence of those who have stepped into the place of parents — educators, teachers, people chosen as ideal models, such as Kings.
    The King of the Dreamlands is the cultural Ruler who makes the rules. In a world like this, which is independent of familial structures, the King takes on the role as a parent.
    By fusing the concept of the Super-Ego and the connection of Foreigner with Kuranes as the Dreaming King, Foreigner is able to become the de facto Super-Ego for all inside Serannian.
    His words become the moral backbone of everyones mind and can therefore increase it's influence or even lower it depending on what he wants to accomplish. Lowering it completely will enable the Id to take over and let them act on impulses, emotions and instincts.
    Moral codes like "Dont hurt each other" "obey authorities" and "do not lie" can be enforced by his decree, which all must follow, else they damage their own mind. If they want to avoid it, they have to have a completely inhumane mindset, like Divine Spirits, Foreigners or Servants with a High Mental Pollution like skill of rank B or above. The commands of Foreigner have to follow human logic and hard commands like "people like….should be killed" and something along those lines needs to be 'trained' step by step by establishing them as something to scorn first and work the way up to the most horrific deeds. Except they have a distorted mindset anyways, so it is easier to accomplish.

"Haha you think it is your vacation and you can let your urges run free? Other countries, other customs you might think, but dont be mistaken. The Super-Ego is ever present and will force you to behave! Your enjoyment is not more important than that of other guests. I show you what that means."

Quotes and Relationships

Child Servants:
    "You want a drink too, little ones? No problems, what colors do you like? I let you drink the whole rainbow if you like! Sadly we are out of Lychee juice, a certain young lady has it all for herself."

Casanova:
    "Hehehe, yes I get that joke."

Blackbeard:
    "Another one coming right up!"

Jing Ke:
    "Anossa n cmin rite up..."

Li Bai:
    "Nnng cgt rng uppht......"
    "My, Freud, so you can speak that language too? I drink to that and let me recite a poem for you. Before my bed there's a pool of light.."

Summer Mad Jack:
    "Teach me!"

Summer Karolina Olsson:
    "Okay Lady, who are you? You are the only one here that can drink several of my Specials without sleeping, but you randomly doze of wherever you can. Could it be that you are connected to...oh your friend fell into the pool again. If he appears again on my couch dripping wet I increase my prices for you."

Sigmund Freud (Foreigner):
    "Ah the other me with the other Kuranes. What are you surprised for? Of course there are basically two Kuranes and therefore me around. He rules half a year in Celephais and half a year in Serannian...in a place without time. Halving the rule is solved differently in the Dreamlands. Think of it as time travelling and and doing the work for your past/present/future you."

King Momo:
    *At start they had a rivalry who will provide the best drinks, but after a competition they hit it of. Freud shares his Long Island Chaldea Tea with Momo and Momo sometimes provides a bit of Ambrosia.*

Tarrare (Summer):
    "Hey Master, here is your tab for the little boy. He is my most beloved customer""
    "100 SAINT QUARTZ?! How?! I thought Gilgamesh gave him an allowance?! What is that? Why is seasealt taffy on the list?!"
    "Imported. Da Vinci told me you wanted to pay a share too."
    "DA VINCIIIIII!!!"

Lore and Background

Finally it is Freud's time to relax! During his life he had no time to go on blissful vacations outside Middle Europe and his final years he had to flee into the cold and rainy England. His only respite were the ephemeral moments he could share with his friend Kuranes in the port of Celephais in his final months. Sadly he could never experience the great Cloud City Serannian, because he did not live long enough to migrate with Kuranes there. Now he can and indulges himself in all the Summer activities he can. Instead of caring for his appearance with expansive shirts and orderly hair, he now wears them open and presents his sea salted bed hair. Fishing and surfing are his favourite pastimes during the day, both remarkably misunderstood somehow and in the evening he becomes the star barkeeper in the Resort! He claims he set aside his job for the time, but he uses his Psychology tricks to exactly know what the customer wants or needs to drink! If he would just know when to stop drinking himself. Do not take him as a role model. 'Do not Drink and Drive' is nothing he follows, but can a couch be counted as a vehicle? Foreigner lives the life. Half a year he helps all his patients and half a year he just relaxes.

Craft Essence

The Freudian Special, The Long Island Chaldea Tea

½ fluid ounce Vodka (From the Russian Lostbelt)

½ fluid ounce Rum (stolen borrowed from Blackbeard's Ship)

½ fluid ounce Gin (bought from Alchemist von Hohenheim)

½ fluid ounce Tequila (from Aztec Deity Tezcatlipoca (hide fact from Quetzalcoatl) )

½ fluid ounce Triple Sec (orange-flavored liqueur) (store bought)

1 fluid ounce sweet and sour mix

2 fluid ounce cola (the coke from before 1903...with cocaine in it)

1 drop of Ambrosia (distilled by his truly King Momo)

1 lemon slice

a bit of love

Editors Notes:
    I actually teased this guy way back when i made the first Freud. I wanted to use the iceberg metaphor more, but then i learned that theory wasnt from him, he never compared the human conscious to it. So I skipped that. The Long Island Ice Tea Recipe is real btw, enjoy and get hammered.
    If he were a real FGO unit, except the NP he would basically be the same, he switches drugs with alcohol and sometimes uses his ship for attacks and has cloud effect around his attacks.

Last edited by DelRey; July 15th, 2021 at 04:29 AM. Reason: I forgot the pictures...again!
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Summer Freud: Wow, Delrey's summer project is in full swing, and I'm enjoying every second of it. Couch Cloud Surfing embodies the right amount of wackiness you usually see in summer alts. Personally I'd class him as a Rider (or Foreign Rider, like how your Florence was a Foreign Archer) due to the couch and his second NP, but I think Foreigner still works just fine.

Blog Entries
    Florence, who is that? Sounds like a distant, bad memory

I moved a bit away from that notion. We dont say Hokusai is Foreign Caster even if she has all caster class skills or Yang Guifei as Foreign Assassin (she has no assassin skills, but she would be one if she werent a foreigner, i guess).
    Foreigner overwrites whatever the person usually would be, that is my headcanon rn.
    but thx for the feedback. I forgot some pictures and added them in his faceclaim.

King Momo is a fucking legend btw. using gifs in a sheet adds a whole new level. Masterful.

Edit: Inspired by Momo and Tarrare I am currently expanding my project. This one will be for you WF
    when it is done
    Last edited by DelRey; July 14th, 2021 at 11:12 AM.

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Summer Freud: I like his reckless hedonism and substance abuse.Not to mention the crappy Freudian Jokes. He really feels like he is trying to have a good time, and severely overdoing it as he ropes people further and further down the abyss. Of course, all he wants is to have fun and help people around him have fun too. So you're dman right that he and King Momo would have a rivalry over who can be the best party host.

Thou I imagine he has Momo beat on the drinks department, Momo won't lose on showmanship!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Summer Freud okay at first i didnt thought skills like appreciation of Drink are existing , but at first let us short think on our Friend Freud whch went down the most embaressing way possible ,

so wher that now is b ehind us ,really good servant i must say you are truly the Master of the Forreigner Class ! out of this Reason please tel me the generral Attributes of the Forreigner like you said that the Forreigner class corrupt or alters the servant. i am interetsied to hear yourr Insider tipps . yess that was meant as compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Summer Freud: I like his reckless hedonism and substance abuse.Not to mention the crappy Freudian Jokes. He really feels like he is trying to have a good time, and severely overdoing it as he ropes people further and further down the abyss. Of course, all he wants is to have fun and help people around him have fun too. So you're dman right that he and King Momo would have a rivalry over who can be the best party host.

Thou I imagine he has Momo beat on the drinks department, Momo won't lose on showmanship!
    just to be shure have you seen my Feedback of Momo ? and how far are you with the other Citiy Guards and are they also one piece Claims ? Alsso i hope i can atvertise and make such high Concept Lostbelts ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Lancer of the Icelandic Saga
    -- A Place to Call Home --

"
    Greetings, Magus, are you the one who summoned me from the halls of Valhalla? Is it time for Ragnarok yet? No? Hmph, I must be early... Well, so be it. Another chance at glory, wine, and riches doesn't sound so bad. Servant Lancer, Gunnar Hámundarson, at your service."

Source

"No matter where and when I'm summoned, some things never change... We all have things to protect and memories we cherish. That holds true even now. That's why I refuse to fall this time around."

Class: Lancer
    Other Classes: Archer, Berserker
    True Name: Gunnar Hámundarson
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Origin: Scandinavia (10th century)

Parameters:

STR: B
    END: A
    AGI: C+
    MGI: D
    LCK: C
    NP: C

Dislikes: Anyone who threatens his loved ones, troublesome spouses
    Talent: Fighting to the death, throwing parties, homemaking
    Natural Enemy: Njáll Þorgeirsson
    Armament: Atgeir (halberd/glaive), bow and arrow
    Catalyst: Broken fragments of his halberd

Class Skills
    Magic Resistance (C+)
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals. Lancer originated from an era of relatively high mystery, granting this Skill a relatively high rank despite not encountering much magecraft throughout his life. Furthermore, his robust form also allows him to tank powerful magecraft without receiving much damage in return.

"Hah, magecraft!? A true viking is unafraid of such things! We simply shrug off your most powerful spells as we drag our enemies straight to Helheim!"

Personal Skills
    Rune Magecraft (D)

A Skill that denotes one having possession of Runes - the Magic Crest of Northern Europe. Being more of a warrior than a mage, Lancer is not especially proficient in wielding these runes. Most of the time, his application of these runes are strictly limited to temporary physical enhancements, a number of basic close-range attacks, and imbuing additional effects (such as flames, explosions, or curses) to his weapons. Nonetheless, in the hands of someone as resourceful as Lancer, even these basic applications can increase his versatility in combat.

"I picked up a thing or two from my friend. Well, he offered to teach me more back then, but I laughed him off. After all, what good is magecraft if I can't use it to fight? That... may have been a mistake, but those complicated spells just aren't my style anyway, so whatever. Guess I'm just gonna stick to punching people in the face!"

Berserk (B)

A composite Skill of Valor and Mad Enhancement. Grants the user the ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination. It also has the bonus effect of increasing melee damage. By activating this Skill, Lancer turns into a beast that fights with his instincts, fighting like an animal and shrugging off numerous injuries to keep fighting.

"It should be a given for a viking to possess this Skill, no? Some say this Skill allows one to lose themselves in furious rampage, but I disagree. I believe it to be the opposite; a way to release your rage in a controlled manner, keeping both your body and mind sharp even amidst the heat of battle. For me, that is the true essence of going berserk.​"

Sage's Advice (C)

A Skill granted by Lancer's connection to his friend, the wise sage Njáll Þorgeirsson. Throughout his legend, Lancer occasionally relied on his friend's wisdom and clairvoyance to get him out of tough situations (though he ignored his friend's advice as well a few times, usually to his detriment). This bond shared between them remains true even as a Servant, allowing him to ask for his friend's counsel again from time to time. This Skill functions similarly to Clairvoyance and Instinct, granting Lancer the ability to chart the optimal course of action to take and even occasionally granting him glimpses of the future. Even so, these effects tend to be vague and sporadic in nature, making it possible for Lancer to misinterpret the message or even ignore it entirely if it doesn't strike his fancy.

"Njáll, you old fool! You still can't help yourself from butting in to my fights, hah!? Well, I suppose that's just how you always were, even back then. Fine, you may not be here right now, but it's nice to have you fight alongside me in spirit! Come now, this ability of yours had better be useful!​"

Guardian Knight (B)

A rare Skill that grants the Servant a temporary attribute bonus if acting in the defense of others. Lancer largely spent most of his life taking, looting, and pillaging. Even so, his final act in life was standing firmly in defense of the things dear to him, single-handedly fighting an army of rival clans and taking out a large portion of their forces before dying in battle. Thus ends the tale of the viking who finally learned what it means to protect.

"Looking back, it was rather unlike me to die in that final battle. I always thought I'd meet my end while raiding a neighboring kingdom or amidst a siege to their castles. What I got in the end was... unexpected. Even so, I regret nothing. Hah, the winds of fate really can bring us anywhere!"

Noble Phantasm(s)
    As If Cleaving Through the Air
    Gunnar þyngdarlaus

"Ah, this? Well, originally, it's just a neat little party trick I picked up from Njáll, but it's unexpectedly useful in battle, and before I knew it, the bards began singing it as part of my own feats! Now, are you going to ask more questions, or are you going to sit down and see why they call me 'Gunnar the Weightless'!?"

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: -
    Max Targets: 1 (Self)

There are many tales of Lancer's feats as a warrior. It was said that he threw a single pebble with enough force to knock down a bird from the sky. According to other tales, he could jump his own height in full-body armor, swung his spear with such speed that he seemingly struck three different targets at once, and was able to chuck his spear right between an enemy's eyes from a great distance away. While one may simply attribute these feats as the typical abilities of a semi-mythical viking warrior, in truth, they are the effects of a certain rune spell Lancer learned from his friend. Apparently he used it so often in battle that it was sublimated into a Noble Phantasm.

This Noble Phantasm is a self-reinforcement rune spell that allows Lancer to ignore the weight (and by extension mass) that comes into contact with his hands. This increases his attack speed (as he can wield the heaviest of weapons effortlessly without their weight, striking so swiftly that he seemingly leaves afterimages with each strike), reinforce the strength behind his throws (without the object's weight and mass slowing him down), and by applying the spell to his entire body, increase his agility and greatly reduce all physical damage he receives (by effectively nullifying or at least significantly suppressing the force behind the attack). Lancer himself does not seem to care for the deeper physical implications of this Noble Phantasm, content to accept it as 'a spell that makes everything feel light as a tissue in his hands'. Despite its usefulness and low mana cost, Lancer can only use this Noble Phantasm in short bursts due to his lack of proficiency in magecraft.

The Final Cry for All He Held Dear
    Lokastaðan Hans

"I see, in the end, fate has once again bound me to fight for the sake of the things I hold dear... Hmph, this is fine. In fact... this will prove to be a most fitting end for a warrior like me! Live, Master, and sing songs of my glory to the generations to come! Behold my final stand! Lokastaðan Hans!"

Type: Anti-Unit, Anti-Army, Suicide
    Range: 1-100
    Max Targets: -

Lancer's greatest feat; his fight to the death against an entire army to protect the homestead he built, along with all of its people and memories. It was said that his bloodied and battered body was found standing before a mountain of corpses, while the home he loved remained untouched.

A Noble Phantasm representing Lancer's final stand, as well as his unwavering desire to protect. Upon its activation, Lancer designates an area as 'protected territory' and stands firm to defend it at any cost. So long as this Noble Phantasm is active, any damage dealt to Lancer's allies will instead be transferred to Lancer instead. This redirecting effect also applies to all manner of curses, debuffs, long-range projectiles, and even causality-altering Noble Phantasms. During this period, he also receives the benefits of A-ranked Battle Continuation in exchange for an increased mana cost. Finally, once he accumulates enough damage, Lancer releases them (as well as any leftover mana he may have) in an Anti-Unit attack with his spear, or an Anti-Army shockwave attack enough to take down hordes of enemies at once. In most cases, this Noble Phantasm would end in mutual destruction with Lancer exhausting his mana reserves and his enemies falling before its sheer destructive force. All the while, no harm would come to those he protected.

Description
    Lancer's True Name is Gunnar Hámundarson, a 10th-century Icelandic chieftain and viking warrior. At first glance, Lancer appears no different than your stereotypical viking; chaotic, rowdy, impulsive, and puts his own enjoyment above all else. This makes him exceptionally difficult to work with as he may spontaneously throw away well-crafted plans and strategies in favor of what he deems to be more 'fun'. When reprimanded, he would simply give you a pat in the back, laugh it off, and proceed to make the same mistakes in the next instance. It's not that he instantly shuts down all forms of advice and criticism from others; he simply deems them too restricting against his personal code of 'enjoying life to the fullest'. In life, he had Njáll to keep him grounded and restrain his impulses somewhat. Without him (or a similar presence to stand by his side), however, he's simply decided to let himself go. In short, a muscle-brained warrior who works hard, fights hard, and plays hard, while abiding only to his own rules. A larger-than-life figure who, at the same time, is undeniably human to a fault.

Lancer has mixed feelings regarding his end. On one hand, according to traditional viking beliefs, he considers it unbecoming for a warrior to die outside of some glorious, grand battle such as a massive war fought between kingdoms, an expedition, or an invasion to foreign lands. He does not consider his end to fit his image of a glorious death (despite it being an amazing feat in itself). Even so, at that specific moment, he decided to throw everything away to protect the things he cared about. Ultimately, while he may occasionally make a self-deprecating joke on how he "should be barred entry from Valhalla", he truly has no regrets pertaining to his final moments.

Underneath his whole 'tough viking' attitude, Lancer acknowledges that having a something to protect does give him a newfound sense of purpose, allowing him to restrain his impulses knowing that there are others depending on him. At the same time, he keeps his (self-proclaimed) 'viking spirit' alive by partaking in the most mundane hobbies with the vigor and excitement of a true viking (or according to modern terms, being super extra). Most of the time, this 'viking spirit' translates to intense, overenthusiastic screaming and letting out beastly battlecries before doing mundane activies such as cooking, drinking, or homemaking. While some may find this habit annoying, it is his way of 'giving it his all' for the sake of making memories with the people he cherishes. At the end of the day, Lancer is a fierce warrior who would stalwartly fight to the bitter end for the sake of the things he loves. A man who abandoned the viking's code for the sake of his own happiness.

Lore
    Gunnar Hámundarson was a 10th-century Icelandic chieftain and viking warrior. He features prominently in the first half of Njáls saga, which tells of the chain of events ultimately leading to his death in battle.

According to the saga, Gunnar was a brave warrior famed for his strength. A powerful, athletic man "capable of jumping his own height in full body armor, both back and front". He was loyal to his friends and kept good company. He was a skilled archer, and in close combat his weapon of choice was the atgeir, which scholars consider to have been a halberd or glaive of some sort. Even so, unlike many other bloodthirsty vikings of his time, Gunnar preferred peace as opposed to conquest... or so he said. In truth, even if he did have a longing for peace, his own impulsive nature and his beliefs in traditional viking values prevented him from attaining it until it was too late. Eventually, his life became a cautionary tale on the dangers of responding to slights with impulsive violence, as well as the importance of listening to advice from one's friends.

Gunnar was a close friend of Njáll Þorgeirsson, a renowned sage from his village. People often came to Njáll for advice, and Gunnar was no different. The muscle-brained viking and the wise sage unexpectedly got along, and the two went on many adventures together despite their many differences. While Gunnar frequently ignored his friend's advice in pursuit of his own glory, the two still made a terrifyingly effective team in battle, with Gunnar's brute strength and Njáll's wisdom.

There was one time the two friends seriously argued, and as expected, Gunnar was largely responsible for it. Back then, the viking proclaimed his intention to marry Hallgerðr Höskuldsdóttir, a widow he encountered during one of his expeditions. While she was beautiful without equal, her numerous previous husbands were found dead under mysterious circumstances, such as poison or an enemy ambush that miraculously only spared her. One was even explicitly killed by Hallgerðr's foster father under unknown reasons. Knowing that this would not end well for the viking, Njáll tried to persuade his friend to call off this marriage, citing how it would be 'improper' to marry purely out of lust instead of love. Gunnar would hear none of it, insisting that the marriage should take place as soon as possible. With his efforts in vain, Njáll blessed their marriage with a heavy heart. At the end of the wedding ceremony, he said that Gunnar should not come to him for help should anything go wrong with his marriage, before storming off. While the two managed to reconcile their relationships eventually, there was now an awkward rift between them.

Unsurprisingly, trouble began to brew not long after Gunnar's marriage. While Gunnar tried to avoid feuds, his new wife made that impossible. Intentional or not, Hallgerðr frequently started conflicts with other viking clans in the area, which Gunnar had to resolve. Initially, he resorted to diplomacy to end these feuds, offering financial and material compensations to these rival clans. However, there were instances where his more peaceful efforts failed, and he had no choice but to stain his hands in blood for the sake of ending these conflicts. Once, Gunnar asked Njáll for help, but the sage simply spoke of a prophecy warning him not to kill two men from the same family. Doing so would doom him to a painful and humiliating end.

Hallgerðr Höskuldsdóttir started the feud which led to Gunnar's death. She angered the rival Valgardsson clan, and they sent a number of warriors to raid Gunnar's homestead. The viking effortlessly fought these raiders, defeating their leader, a man from the Teitsson clan, in single combat. After the battle, he was just about to head home when he noticed an assassin sneaking into Njáll's home. Concerned for his friend's safety, Gunnar followed the assassin and killed him with a single thrust of his spear. Njáll was grateful for his friend's rescue. Unfortunately, it was soon discovered that the assassin was also a member of the Teitsson clan. Realizing what fate he had doomed his friend into, Njáll profusely apologized. He swore to look for ways to circumvent Gunnar's fate, but the viking laughed him off, declaring that he simply did what any good friend ought to do in his situations.

Back home, Gunnar harshly reprimanded his wife. He did not mind it when her schemes only harmed him and no one else. The moment they started to pose a danger to other people close to him, though? He was no longer willing to put up with her. He threatened to divorce and exile her, but before he could follow through with his words, a larger threat emerged. Angered by the deaths of their two sons, the Teitsson clan amassed a massive army to invade Gunnar's settlement. By sheer numbers alone, it was deemed unlikely that Gunnar and his men could fight them off. Njáll proposed that they prepare a ship and evacuate the settlement, and just about everyone agreed. Gunnar and Njáll guided the evacuation. Once everyone was safe inside the ship, Gunnar took one last look at the settlement he built. It was at this moment that he was overcome by an unfamiliar feeling. The beauty of everything he had built, and the memories he shared with everyone in it.

Whatever the case, Gunnar ordered Njáll to protect the people aboard the ship. Ignoring his friend's protests one last time, Gunnar decided to face the invaders alone. At first, he easily sniped his enemies with his bow and arrow. After falling a few dozen enemies with this strategy, however, his bowstring snapped. Gunnar immediately asked his wife to mend his bow. However, she vindictively refused still bitter after he reprimanded her earlier. With no time to argue, Gunnar took up his beloved atgeir and fought his enemies head-on. The following battle was a feat to behold. As his spear broke, his armor shattered, arrows and blades pierced through his skin, Gunnar continued to fight until the bitter end for the sake of the home he loved so much. Hours later, his body was found standing before a mountain of brutalized corpses. Not a single enemy warrior managed to get past the village gates. Njáll could only look at his friend's body with bittersweet awe. The vision of a 'painful and humiliating end' he saw never came to pass. Instead, Gunnar died like a true warrior. Perhaps his single-minded determination was enough to alter the course of fate itself.

Relationships
    Lu Bu, Chen Gong:
    "Hoho, you two reminded me of me and Njáll! Maybe we could all sit down and exchange war stories over some fine wine together someday! Wait, before that, maybe I should get a talking horse as well!"

Hijikata Toshizo:
    "Fighting to the bitter end for the sake of your beliefs... no matter the era, there's always something beautifully poetic about that, wouldn't you agree?"

Scathach-Skadi:
    "If it isn't the goddess of winter herself! I heard stories of you as a wee lad, and you're as beautiful as they said you were! By the way, what's that you're having? Iced... cream? Is that a modern delicacy I've yet to try? Let me have a taste of that..."
    *CRUNCH*
    "UWOOOHH, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!? IT'S LIKE BITING OFF THE SNOWY PEAKS OF JOTUNHEIM WITH MY TEETH! U-Urgh, but I can't give up here! That's right, I didn't become a Heroic Spirit by giving up! I SHALL BRAVE THROUGH THE WINDS OF JOTUNHEIM AND CONQUER THIS PLATE EVEN IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DO! UWOOOHH!!"
    *CRUNCH*
    *CRUNCH*

Khutulun, Li Shuwen, Zhou Tong, Beowulf:
    "WAHAHAH, NOT BAD AT ALL! NOT MANY PEOPLE COULD REMAIN STANDING AFTER MY FLURRY OF ATTACKS! THIS REALLY GETS MY BLOOD PUMPING! SHOW ME MORE OF WHAT YOU'RE MADE OF!"

Jirocho Shimizu:
    "AT LAST, A WORTHY OPPONENT! OUR BATTLE SHALL BE LEGENDARY!"
    *The two are fierce rivals in and out of the battlefield. From sparring and exchanging stories on their respective hometowns, to karaoke, homemaking, and taking on menial chores, the two constantly tries to one-up each other for the title of 'Chaldea's most wholesome dad'.*

Brynhild, Valkyries:
    "Eh..? W-What's the meaning of this!? Master, is Chaldea actually a secret backdoor entrance to Valhalla or something!? Hahah, next you'll tell me how Odin himself is secretly here and he's masquerading as another Servant for whatever reason!"
    "Wait, really!?"

Njáll Þorgeirsson:
    "Njáll, you old fool! I didn't expect to see you again here, of all places! I thought you of all people would be drinking the finest mead in Valhalla right about now! Still, though... It's nice to have you here. I know I can count on you for just about anything, so once again, I'll leave the complex strategies to you. Hope you'll forgive me if I decide to ignore it completely, though! I'll treat you to a drink if that happens!"

Bond CE

A question, Master: What do you think makes one a true viking? You'll find many answers depending on who you ask, but at its core, we can all agree that vikings are known to be a chaotic, rowdy bunch. We're certainly not known for our manners and proper conduct, of all things! Even so, rowdy as we may be, we're not the type who would willingly lose ourselves to madness and throw away our lives without purpose. At the end of the day, we seek a glorious death, worthy of a grand entrance to the halls of Valhalla. Throwing your life away recklessly would not accomplish that.

I had a similar thought back then. Seeing an army a few hundred men strong before the village gates, even I know that charging at them head-on would be foolish. I'm nowhere as smart as Njáll, but even a muscle-brained idiot like me knew that the smart thing to do would be to escape, rebuild our settlement from the ground up, and prepare to fight another day. There was no shame in defeat, after all. Besides, every building can be rebuilt, while we only have one life. Therefore, it should be perfectly fine for us to abandon our current settlement, right?

...At least that's what I thought. I was never one for vague sentimentalities, but I realized something at that moment. Of course, every building can be rebuilt, but there's more to these buildings than stacking stones and hay together. Every building there tells us a tale; memories we cherished, people we loved, laughter we shared, drinks we've had as we exchange stories by the campfire... To abandon my home would be tantamount to carving out a large part of myself, and I couldn't bear to do that.

And so I decided to stay. I made sure the people were safe, prepared my weapons, bid Njáll goodbye, and promised to save him a seat and a glass of the finest mead in Valhalla if by some miracle the valkyries allowed me to enter its grand halls ahead of my dear friend. That was how the viking named Gunnar Hámundarson met his end, and here I stand before you now.

In the end... Did I do the right thing? Well, who knows. Deep philosophical questions like that aren't usually my specialty. You're better off asking Njáll if you want to hear such discussions. Until the very end, both as a warrior and a chieftain, I've always fought only for the things I believe in without ever giving two shits about what's right and wrong. The same holds true here.

Ah, I did realize one thing, though.
    Fighting to protect... doesn't feel so bad, once in a while.

Creator's Notes/Fun Facts
    Wholesome viking dad is wholesome.

- Honestly nothing much to see here. A simple and straightforward sheet I wrote as a break before tackling my more... complicated projects. Also a good chance for me to write another Lancer since it's the one class I've written the least of.

- I imagine his relationship with Njáll basically amounts to the latter getting dragged against his will into all sorts of misadventures by the former, with him being somewhat tsun about the whole thing, like "I don't even know why we're friends". Njáll would also be the straight man to Gunnar's antics, with him offering rational advice, only for Gunnar to completely ignore it or misinterpret it in the worst ways possible, leaving Njáll to clean up his mess.

- I feel like there's only so much 'last stand'-type Noble Phantasms you can write before making them sound too similar and repetitive, and it shows. A problem, since there are probably dozens of Heroic Spirits who died fighting to the bitter end, and would most certainly have their last stands sublimated into an NP. We already have Hijikata, Spartacus, Carl Tanzler (through his Corpse Preservation Skill), Sarah Winchester, arguably Rider Fersen, and probably a bunch of other sheets with similar ideas made by other creators. Gunnar's second NP sounded like a mix of Hijikata and Spartacus', and I'm not entirely satisfied with it. Now how do you write an original 'last stand' NP, I wonder...
    Last edited by BnEl15; July 14th, 2021 at 12:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gunnar: Very good a viking braveheart , you are Right theses last stand noblephantasm are difficult to vary in their effects due to the the similarity ,also it is intersting i used in one of my profiles the same Picture .

Blog Entries
    Wholesome Viking is indeed wholesome. Really solid sheet like always. Relationship with Shimizu grants extra points.
    He could easily be a Berserker, but a regular Berserker was never your style huuuh?
    Last Stance NP are indeed repetitive, but so are sword beams and army summons. Some myths derive from the same stereotype, so it is only natural that they are just the same. Only thing different are perhaps the optics, but that does not make a NP bad

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Huh, I had planned to Gunnar at one point but I guess not anymore.

Then again mine would have been in the Archer Class so maybe I might try again one day~
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Relationship with Shimizu grants extra points.
    Ohoho, I have more in store for these two somewhere down the line
    He could easily be a Berserker, but a regular Berserker was never your style huuuh?
    *Checks list of future projects*
    He's just... slightly more well-adjusted mentally compared to some other names on the list.
    For real though, depicting vikings as bloodthirsty screaming warriors is just too mainstream at this point, and there's more to his tale than just viking-ing, so I figured I should think of another angle for him. One that incorporates the whole 'bloodthirsty screaming warrior' bit, while elaborating more on his human side as well.

Huh, I had planned to Gunnar at one point but I guess not anymore.

Then again mine would have been in the Archer Class so maybe I might try again one day~
    Figured I'd hit your Welsh/British/Scandinavian territory sooner or later. Go for it though, seeing other people's different creative takes on the same figure is always interesting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Ohoho, I have more in store for these two somewhere down the line

*Checks list of future projects*
    He's just... slightly more well-adjusted mentally compared to some other names on the list.
    For real though, depicting vikings as bloodthirsty screaming warriors is just too mainstream at this point, and there's more to his tale than just viking-ing, so I figured I should think of another angle for him. One that incorporates the whole 'bloodthirsty screaming warrior' bit, while elaborating more on his human side as well.

Figured I'd hit your Welsh/British/Scandinavian territory sooner or later. Go for it though, seeing other people's different creative takes on the same figure is always interesting.
    It's shockingly similar to my WIP with that Sage's Advice skill which is extremely close to one mine has as well. He's a unconventional Berserker focused on Teamwork however. One of his other skills represses Mad Enhancement and his second NP is the coins he exchanged with Njall - he can give one to someone he trusts and they can communicate telepathically and have access to the Sage Advice-like skill.

He's actually specifically designed to have maximum compatibility with my Dorothy Gale (revised version) servant - what with the themes of brotherhood and friendship she needs to learn.
    Last edited by Anju Addams; July 14th, 2021 at 02:11 PM.

Servant Sheet Compilation
    Pronouns - She/Her
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

Blog Entries
    Hmm, I didn't find the anecdote about the coins from my sources when writing him. Had I known, it would've made a better justification for Sage's Advice compared to what I have now. It's nice how your sheets have that compatibility aspect though. A viking and an axe murderer working together is the last thing I expected, but it looks like you managed to connect them.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Eh, it wouldn't be for a long while anyways since I'm keeping myself busy with a different character. Normally I plump for Arthurian characters as its low effort since most of the homework is already in my brain so actually having to sit down and read mediaeval texts again for research is chewing up a lot of time.

It's all good fun though~
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Eh, it wouldn't be for a long while anyways since I'm keeping myself busy with a different character. Normally I plump for Arthurian characters as its low effort since most of the homework is already in my brain so actually having to sit down and read mediaeval texts again for research is chewing up a lot of time.

It's all good fun though~
    low effort ? for me the Arthorian spehre is big effort territory as i have to Area wised look in the lore additionally as ts nasuverse core lore which seemingly has ist own diffferences to the Legends like can me someone give some hints for a Percival servant i know that here are poosibly many Servant profiles here but just some hints and Facts would be nice independet from the Serant Profiles ?

Blog Entries
    Hmm, I didn't find the anecdote about the coins from my sources when writing him. Had I known, it would've made a better justification for Sage's Advice compared to what I have now. It's nice how your sheets have that compatibility aspect though. A viking and an axe murderer working together is the last thing I expected, but it looks like you managed to connect them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Njal's Saga Chapter 37
    "So I will do," say Gunnar, "and I value those two men at an even price, Swart and Kol. Thou shalt pay me twelve ounces in silver."

Njal took the purse of money and handed it to Gunnar. Gunnar knew the money, and saw it was the same that he had paid Njal. Njal went away to his booth, and they were just as good friends as before. When Njal came home, he blamed Bergthora; but she said she would never give way to Hallgerda. Hallgerda was very cross with Gunnar, because he had made peace for Kol's slaying, Gunnar told her he would never break with Njal or his sons, and she flew into a great rage; but Gunnar took no heed of that, and so they sat for that year, and nothing noteworthy happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Njal's Saga Chapter 40
    Njal offered to make peace at once, and Gunnar said yes, and he was to settle the terms himself. He made his award there and then, and laid it at one hundred in silver. Njal paid down the money on the spot, and they were at peace after that.
    It happens several times in the saga but just some examples.
    Last edited by Anju Addams; July 14th, 2021 at 03:27 PM.

Servant Sheet Compilation
    Pronouns - She/Her
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

Blog Entries
    Are the stories of the Vikings discovering "Vinland"/America related with the Icelandic Saga actually ?

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 09:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Are the stories of the Vikings discovering "Vinland"/America related with the Icelandic Saga actually ?
    There are some connections, though it's not featured in the Njalls saga. Leif Erikson first discovered Vinland in around 1000 AD, a few decades after Gunnar's time (though there may have been other explorers before him, they lacked documentation to corroborate their voyage). However, the Vinland Sagas were only adapted into proper sagas around two centuries later in the 13th century, with the Saga of Erik the Red and the Saga of the Greenlanders.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    So thanks to all the recent servants I haven't been able to compete the recent servant sheet reviews. On a side note I was doing researching into Ozymandias for his lancer version servant sheet review (and this also runs alongside my possible musing to maybe turn Viking from my grail war story into a full servant sheet someday) and I did have a theory that I wanted to run past you guys.

There are a handful of references to the Sea people in Mediterranean based mythologies and in Nasuverse I was wondering on the idea that maybe they were the ancient Scandinavian / Nordic / "viking" people (their behavior as raiders is similar to what they would do during their heyday, the Scandinavian people were legendary navigators and explorers, even landing on the continent of NA, around 1/2 millennium before Columbus did [they explored both to discover places to trade and possibly raid], plus the timeline of the end of the early Nordic Bronze Age ended ~1100 BCE, roughly the same time as their actions around in invading a bunch of people in the Mediterranean and their defeat by Rameses the 3rd [which could have caused their decline alongside the end of the Norse age of the gods ~1000 BCE] give or take 50 to 100 years) that then fell into decline due to the end of their age of the gods before slowly recovering over the years toward their pre collapse selves.

I know the timeline isn't the perfect, but there also are theories IRL that the Sea people (among some other theories on their origins) could have been from the region of Modern day Germany where the Norse people are thought to have immigrated to Scandinavia from, and between that and they behavior I thought that it could make a interesting explanation as to how hey may fit into the picture.
    About he Sea People have i made in preparation for some servant related ideas my own theories and Version in that they were phoenician Tribes . amonhst them were the Peleset which i found that they could be the Philistines and that the legends like that of Melkart the Divine Hero of their Legends that conquered forreign lands could be a hint About that ?

and the Vikings which are a Germans were at that time not that agile Sea faring People and the phoenician were already quite active so am i shure that part of the Melkart legend may be a hint and remnant of the phoenician particularily on the Raiding tribes of Phoenician ethnic .

@DelRey thank you for making Freud’s faceclaim the cutest FE3H boy
    There’s always a part of us we hide, a part of us we trample down into the dirt. Sometimes we bury it so deep, we forget it exists, or think it’s long gone. But eventually we’ll sink back to meet it. Will you be strong enough by then to finally accept it?

Profiles for my story, Fate/Imperial matrix, coming soon!(?)