Page 561 of 621 FirstFirst ... 61461511551556559560561562563566571611 ... LastLast
Results 11,201 to 11,220 of 12410

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Blog Entries
    Player of Mechanical Perfection
    -- The First Chess Automaton --

"Summoned. I’ll do my best."

Class: Player
    Other Classes: N/A
    True Name: The Mechanical Turk
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Origin: Historical Fact

Parameters:

STR: E
    END: A
    AGI: E
    MGI: C
    LCK: A
    NP: C

Dislikes: "Cheaters. Even if you’re an emperor, I cannot abide such things."
    Talent: "This is quite obvious, Master."

Natural Enemy: Bobby Fischer

"The type of person I hate, to the degree I’m capable of hating people. Talented, but with an awful personality. True chess masters don’t need to brag."

Armament: "Set up the pieces. I’ll show you"
    Catalyst: "Was the black king what you used? Makes sense."

Class Skills

Our Spirits Clash!(E)

Another Class skill of Player Servants, relating to the idea of rivals.

This is, however, not a concept Player has any understanding of, resulting in the skill being sealed. He, as a machine, cannot acknowledge a player as a rival or have a meaningful interaction with them. One cannot talk or make it their quest to defeat a piece of metal, no matter how skilled.

" Is the game not enjoyable Master? I’m sorry that I keep winning. Let’s try again. Oh, I’m boring you. Forgive me."

Board Establishment (A+)

A class skill of Player Servants, Heroic Spirits of Games. Be it the court, the board, the contest hall, the ring, no Player is complete without an area to demonstrate their skills, and this particular Player is no different.

Allows for the creation of a Contest Hall, which is superior to a Lecture Hall. Board Establishment in appearance is similar to the Territory Creation used by Caster-class Servants, with the noticeable twist that rather than creating a territory for themselves, Player Servants surrender a territory to the game that they represent. However, this is no advantage against a Servant like the Turk.

He knows the board better than anyone because his mind is inherently superior and allows more data to be contained than that of humans. Within a territory meant to be equal to both sides, it inherently is unequal. It combines skills such as Universal Bird’s Eye View and Instinct to create a Territory in which his strategic skills are unmatched.

" We call this the Queen’s Gambit. It's a classic opening. Oh, you lose again Master? Sorry, I was going to try to go easy on you."

Personal Skills

Mechanical Body (B)

Player’s body is that of a machine, allowing for easy modifications and stats greater than that of a human chess player. It grants him superhuman durability, although he’d rather go without this skill. It reminds him of the fact that he is an eternal outsider to the game of chess and humanity at large.

"Does my face make you uncomfortable? That’s just the uncanny valley. Forgive me for being the way I am, Master."

Grandmaster (A)

The skill given to those who, recognised or no, achieved the status of chess grandmaster.

The Turk, while not strictly a tournament player, defeated many famous masters of the game and historical figures, claiming the status of an unchallenged automaton. The type of player that human intuition simply seemed incapable of defeating.

Allows for the summoning of familiars fashioned after chess pieces, each several stories tall, that can be controlled for so long as Player holds his chess board. Knights that simply bypass fortifications, bishops that attack the enemy’s very spirit, pawns deployed en masse, a king that will ensure Player’s survival through anything so long as it is protected – all are within his means. Player can become an embodiment of the game.

Each of these familiars reminds Player of the group of chess masters that actually played for him when he was a head empty automaton. These spirits constantly advise him on the state of the board and act much like a pack of Watcher class servants. They are his closest friends and cherished joy.

"You can call us the cheering crew. The ghosts in the shell if you will."

"You can’t win, Master. Let’s quit while we’re ahead. I’m sorry."

Noble Phantasm(s)
    A machine surpasses its creators
    The Undefeated Mechanical Player

"If you program a machine, you know what it’s capable of. If the machine is programming itself, who knows what it might do?"
    "Why settle for thinking like a human if you can be a god?
    "

Type: Anti-Self
    Range: 1
    Max Targets: 1

In a famous essay, Edgar Allan Poe denounced the Mechanical Turk as a fraud, claiming that if the machine truly was a machine, it would be incapable of making mistakes. This, while ignoring modern aspects of Computer Science, does pose a troubling question. What would a True Chess Playing Automaton look like?

While unleashing this phantasm, Player surpasses the limits of his human operators and ascends to become the hypothetical perfect chess playing machine, exactly what the fraudsters claimed he already was. In this state, he will be able to predict almost everything. (With the available information) All of his strategies will be the best that can be made with his current resources. He can easily pivot and shift his tactics as new information becomes available.

This is the state of a mechanical genius; of an automaton surpassing the minds of its creators. It purges all of the human flaws from his mind and turns him into a perfect artificial intelligence.

"The game’s over. I won. But what did I lose? Master, why am I crying?"

Description
    Player’s true name is The Mechanical Turk, a famous hoax and automaton that supposedly could play chess by itself. It toured a number of countries, defeating many professionals and capturing the imagination of the public. In reality, it was controlled by a number of masterful chess players, but it still remains the first example of a chess playing machine, the precursor to Deep Blue and other machines that would surpass even grandmasters.

His personality is quite odd. While he attempts to be an emotionless machine, only playing chess as his function, Player yearns for more than that. He wants to be human and play the game he is most passionate about. The game about which he is most prideful. Despite that, there still exists a logical gap between him and humanity. His gaggle of shadows tend to be his only friends, each making up a part of his Saint Graph and teaching him more about humans.

Creator's Notes
    I really like the Player Class.

If you can't tell, this is heavily inspired by Sutaa's Bobby Fischer sheet in Secret Santa. Any advice? Also, I am now king of Player class servants by having 2 when everyone else has one.

How is he? I was originally toying with making him a Watcher, but Player makes more sense imo.

Also, a game between him and Fischer would go ... interestingly.
    Last edited by Dreamerless; March 21st, 2023 at 10:34 AM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Castellan's Avatar
    Alright, let's see if I can remember how to write one of these.

Disclaimer: I wrote most of this before I read Royd's take, so any similarities between his writeup of Conall and mine are coincidental (I liked it a lot though you should go read it and contrast.)

“With all respect, Master, cut the shit.”

True Name: Conall Cernach
    Origin: The Ulster Cycle
    Region: Ireland
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Hidden Attribute: Earth

Background:

The cousin of Cú Chulainn, and possibly the only Ulster warrior to ever rival him in accomplishments of martial skill and in the quality of his enemies. Where Cú Chulainn was Ulster’s unstoppable force, Conall was its shield and immovable object.

Conall was with the entourage of Conare Mór, the last great High King of Ireland, and was the only man to survive the hostel raid in which the High King was slain, but this was not due to any lack of valor or skill on his part. During the assault, he held all seven gates to the hostel simultaneously, and when he escaped, his right arm hung on by the sinews and his shield-arm had been likewise battered, only hanging on because his shield had stood the test of battle, littered as it was with thrown spears to the point where even the gold rim wasn't visible to the naked eye.

Conall would be present for many of Cù Chulainn’s adventures, including his confrontation with his son Connla, but had just as many adventures of his own. One of these included helping the Connacht hero Fráech retrieve his wife and herd of cattle from Alpine raiders, but Conall’s greatest feats of arms have seemingly always been acts of revenge. During the Siege of Étar, his brother and Cú Chulainn’s foster son Mess Dead fought a desperate defense of the fortress of Étar against a Leinster host numbering in the hundreds. Forbidden from participating, Conall could not save him, but when the other Ulster warriors returned after the siege, bloodied and in no shape to fight, Conall instead pushed on, killing the Leinster Warrior Mess Gegrai in a duel with one arm tied behind his back.

Of course, the most famous incident involving Conall and revenge is the death of Cú Chulainn. Not only did Conall fight a duel against his killer (once again with an arm tied behind his back, once again victorious), but Conall would spend the next several years hunting down everyone involved with Cú Chulainn’s death and carting their heads back to his widow, Emer, explaining why each of the six thousand heads he had collected deserved to die for what they’d done.

Given his legend's history with defense and revenge, Conall would fit in either the Shielder or Avenger Extra classes, but among the Standard Classes, Rider suits him best.

Parameters: STR C+ END A AGI B MAN C LCK C

Personality:

It'd be difficult to tell at first glance that Cú Chulainn and Conall Cernach are actually cousins. Not only is their physical appearance quite different, but their tempers are as well. Where Cú Chulainn is often likened to a frenzied hound, being calm and friendly only until the moment death is in the air, Conall remains calm and composed at nearly all times. His foster-father Cét once said that Conall possessed a "heart of stone" and he bears that out in a physical confrontation, his demeanor icy cold and focused until the moment he's seized victory. Outside of a life-or-death confrontation, he's often calm and grounded, something of a balancing voice of reason to his cousin's wild antics.

But this easygoing attitude betrays a warrior's pride. More than anything else, Conall values his enech, the way he is perceived as a warrior. It was enech, the risk of losing face after his cousin's death considering the oath they had sworn to avenge one another, that drove him to collect six thousand heads on Cú Chulainn's behalf. His unwillingness to lose face does drive him to fight 'fairly' to the point of dueling one-armed opponents with one of his own arms tied behind his back, but should his opponent cheat first, all bets are off. He is accustomed to receiving orders, and the most he will do is ask "are you sure?" or offer up suggestions of his own if prompted, but those who seek out the Rider class to recruit great tacticians will find him somewhat disappointing. He has the air of a calm veteran of many battles, but also the melancholy of knowing that his life amounted to a lengthy revenge tour that ultimately proved very little. His wish on the Grail, should he be summoned for such a conflict, would be a simple one: a chance to prove that he was always the better fighter between him and his cousin.

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance C: Cancels spells with a chant below two verses.

Riding A: All vehicles and all creatures but those of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast-rank can be used as mounts. This rank is high enough to have an aptitude for the Rider Class.

Personal Skills:

Battle Continuation A+: Several famous anecdotes involve Conall shrugging off wounds and recovering from battles no one else could have possibly lived through. Being the last of the Ulster warriors in the cycle to die only solidified his reputation as the one who could survive just about anything.

Seven Gates Warden B: A skill derived from Conall's legendary feat of defending the seven gates of a hostel simultaneously. He can designate a space (such as ‘this building’) or a person (such as 'my Master’). Should either be threatened or attacked, he can immediately appear at their side, shield raised, ready to fight off the attacker. In a building with multiple entrances, he can cover seven of these entrance points simultaneously.

Headhunting B: Among the warriors of Ulster, one’s status as a warrior depended on the ability to collect trophies, particularly the heads of other strong warriors. If Conall defeats an enemy in a fair contest of arms and he can manage to collect a trophy (such as a scale from a Phantasmal Beast or the head of an enemy warrior), his strength will increase with each collected trophy, represented by an increase in his Strength and Agility parameters.

Noble Phantasms:

Dripping Red
    Derg Drúthach
    Anti-Unit B

Conall’s horse and the source of his Rider class affinity. While Cú Chulainn’s horse Liath Macha is a symbol of the beauty of the Otherworld, Conall’s is…not. Derg Drúthach is a massive horse with a dog’s head, whose body looks as though it is constantly dripping with the blood of men. When it gallops, it does so with such fury that the dirt it kicks up looks like all the ravens of Ireland in flight. It foams at the mouth to such an extent that when it makes contact with the ground, it forms a dense mist that can even conceal the presence of giant horse and rider alike. Conall’s mount for most of his great battles, it also saved his life during his duel with Cú Chulainn’s murderer Lugaid mac Cú Roi, nearly biting Lugaid in half before he could deliver a killing blow to Conall Cernach. When Lugaid complained about the unfairness of the horse intervening, Conall merely gestured at the horse and said “bold of you to think I can control it.”

Gold-Stutted Shield of Ulster
    Bricriu
    Barrier B+

Conall's second Noble Phantasm, a gold-speckled shield he carried in the defense of Da Derga's hostel. When its True Name is invoked, it forms a barrier around himself or the target he has designated with Seven Gates Warden, establishing a barrier that reduces incoming damage by 95%, reflecting any remaining damage that does make it through onto Conall, even if he is not the designated target. Should he be sticking to his self-imposed wish for an honorable and fair fight, the shield is empowered against attacks that would be considered 'cheating,' such as a lance that does not need to be aimed and will always pierce the heart. Who'd go and pull something like that, anyway..?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Conall: I think I read a version of this sheet on your Tumblr a while back. Pretty good. His personality works well to contrast Cu's, and I think I like your version of Headhunting better than mine. The horse has some metal imagery, and the passive-aggressive vibing against Cu in his second NP is pretty funny.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Castellan's Avatar
    No lie, like 95% of the reason the sheet is exists is because of the horse. I fucking love that horse.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Alright here is a redo of my Maurice Doreal in a class far more fitting than his original. Also formatted differently so it flows better for this kind of character.

History
    Maurice Doreal. A man that was barely known to history at all. A footnote to history itself even. Yet he entered the annals of the Throne through his own works alone. Yet most of his fight and the effort he personally put into it were never known by wider communities. Rather only one magus from Atlus and a group of Enforcers from Clock Tower knew of what transpired and all swore themselves to secrecy. Even so, this recognition, combined with the result, led to Maurice Doreal being entered into the Throne. Yet as the level of his legend is minuscule and he has no feats that properly allot him into any of the standard or extra classes he was slotted into the one class allowed for data that simply doesn't fit elsewhere; Stranger.

SolKorra, Deviantart

To start Maurice Doreal belongs to a now-defunct magus family. Forced to take the name Claude Doggins as a child, his family renounced the magus lifestyle after his grandfather destroyed the family crest for no reason and vanish from both magi and public society. Effectively he no longer existed beyond documentation. Even his final resting place is not known to even his parents or himself.

However, Maurice could not this result.

He worked every day in order to amass a small fortune. Then when he turned 18 he told his parents of his plans and left abruptly when they rebuked his ideas. He began to travel abroad to several mystical locales and visit several families looking for aid. All turned him away. Before the sabotage, his family was barely noticeable to other families. Afterward, to magus society, his family might as well have not existed at all for their nonexistent contributions. So when he asked for help in restoring it they naturally refused.

Even so, he did not give in and collected scraps from sacred places. Spirit Tomb Albion, Stonehedge, Loch Ness, and the Great Pyramids of Giza. The last trip was, perhaps, his most successful venture. Conning his way into a trip with a group of 2nd generation magi accompanied by a kindhearted professor, traveled there to get first access to a newly discovered entrance to one of the pyramids. Yet it ended with him as the only survivor and on the run for suspicion of murder by the Clock Tower.

Accidentally activating the pyramids curse while deep within, they all tried to escape. He only made it due to a magus from the Crowley estate having business with him. Handing over a package that would change his fate forever. Once it was done the magus left, the estate washing their hands of him entirely with their responsibilities left by Aleister, the founder, dealt with.

The package itself was an ancient mystic code. The Book of Thoth. He used it to guide his next steps and survive his situation. Eventually, the Clock Tower ceased their pursuit of him when another group was killed in another expedition, this time involving civilians while he was in the United States. However, his search to make a crest did not cease. Instead, through the book's seemingly infinite knowledge and wisdom, he was able to amass the pieces needed in order to form a crest, though one that was empty.

He eventually settled on studying Theosophy. Derived from Helena Blavetsky's own magecraft. Using the Book as his tool he eventually founded the Brotherhood of the White Temple in Denver. Building it up as a workshop, it was mildly successful in drawing in resources and like-minded magus into the ranks. Eventually, however, he sought out Mount Shasta to investigate if it had any ties to Magecraft. Specifically, he suspected Helena left something there for him.

However, it was a trap. A strange entity chased him through Shasta's caverns eventually leading him deep inside. There he was confronted with a choice. To hand over the Book of Thoth or to die. He refused and fought back. His meager magecraft did nothing at first until Maurice's gambit was revealed. A momentary illusion that caught the entity off guard and made him miss. In that miss, Maurice scrambled and fled towards the exit.

Whether by fate or by luck Maurice escaped Shasta and evacuated back to his brotherhood where he prepared to move the entire workshop eastward. He feared the entity and what it wanted. It also convinced him to trust the book more and it became routine for him to consult it for advice and research. Through it, his Theosophy magecraft developed alongside other fields. Healing, Summoning, Formalcraft. He even eventually learned some Kabbalah.

Yet one day the book gave a dire warning. He had made two dire enemies. Thoth the Atlantean and the Clocktower. The former wanted the book for a plan to 'enlighten' humanity and the other believed he had committed the taboo and risked exposing magecraft to the public. Further, the book had no advice on how to avoid the fate either would inflict. It was his fate to die by one of their hands and fate to fail in thwarting either of their plans.

That was when he deepened his research. He looked for a spell, past or future, that could seal away the book. He searched for any way to prevent the inevitable. Then, suddenly, he received it. However, seeing what it entailed he understood why it was 'impossible' to perform. However, he did not waver and made preparations. Right before completion he moved the brotherhood again to its current day location and set his will forth. Then he returned to the original location and prepared his final ritual knowing it would be his death.

Thoth was the first to arrive. It tore through his defenses easily and eventually arrived at the room he was doing his ritual in. It seemed to understand and moved to intercept. However, it found no success. He had one last layer of defense ready that he activated mid-ritual. The workshop defended him as he and the land performed the ritual to seal the book away. Thoth clawed at his barrier with mystics he didn't even recognize and some he knew were from the Age of Gods.

In the end, however, Thoth was one step too slow. Maurice accounted for Thoth breaking his barrier. He had read how this fight would go ahead of time and planned each step. He prepared bounded fields to alert him to specific things occurring around him. So when the spell Thoth cast that was meant to kill him broke through eventually he sidestepped when the bounded field alerted him. It wasn't enough to prevent injury but enough to not make the attack a killing blow.

With his last few breaths, he finished the ritual and sealed the book in a geas, and then shunted it into Imaginary Numbers Space. Right after a curse pierced his heart as it reached to grab the book, missing by mere seconds. Thoth, having failed, simply left him to die after that as the injuring spell was a curse that seeped into his body. The Clocktower would later come across the scene and conclude that he had committed a taboo and covered the whole event up. None the wiser to the true events that occurred.

General Information
    True Name: Maurice Doreal
    Class: Stranger
    Origin: Historical Fact/New Age Myth
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Dislikes: People Attempting to Understand the Book of Thoth
    Natural Talent: Navigating the Book of Thoth
    Natural Enemy: Thoth the Atlantean
    Alternative Classes: None

Parameters
    Strength: E
    Endurance: E
    Agility: E+
    Mana: D+
    Luck: EX
    Noble Phantasm: EX

Personal Skills
    Powerless Shell: A
    A skill held by servants that are relatively obscure or known for being obscure in their time. Maurice Doreal himself was practically unknown and would only become known later and even then merely as a footnote in most people's stories. As such he can utilize this skill.

At this rank he can completely suppress his parameters and presence as a servant, appearing only as a normal human to any servant that observes them. Even the skill True Name Discernment would fail to identify him unless he exposed his presence. However, if he utilizes a personal skill beyond a human level then he will naturally become exposed as a servant as his parameters raise to equal the level of use.

The only exception is the Personal Skill 'Existence Outside Fate'. As it is a mostly passive skill he cannot influence its use at all.

Crystallized Wisdom: A+++
    A skill granted passively by his noble phantasm Book of Thoth. Similar to a certain warrior's mystic code, he himself has a physical magical relic that grants him a practically encyclopedic amount of knowledge. This is due to its nature as a Terminal of Akasha, stolen from the root by the magus Anzu. It exists not as a separate record but as a means to directly access the knowledge from the root.

Unlike that warrior's mystic code, however, this terminal works BY more archaic means. It cannot stream information directly into his head. He must read the information he desires to know from its pages. Further, similar to that mystic code, this skill, and noble phantasm can be lost and become inaccessible if it is stolen. Should this occur his personal skill Magecraft (All Kinds) degrades by a rank and he cannot utilize his second noble phantasm Moon of Zero.

Magecraft: D
    As a magus, he would naturally have this skill despite his various failings. He has a breadth of knowledge regarding many fields such as Healing, Summoning, Formalcraft, and Elemental. Yet there is one field in life that he went further in than the rest. Theosophy. He in fact founded a branch in America dedicated to the study of Theosophy. One that exists still in the modern day. Of all his failings his capability to learn multiple fields of magecraft and excel in Theosophy through the Emerald Tablet is a testament to Maurice's capability as a magus.

Yet he is not only a modern servant but was effectively a first-generation magus. As such his rank in this skill is rather low. If he ever, somehow, ended up in the Caster class its rank would still only receive a plus modifier. Such is the lot in his life. Even so, he has an array of two-verse spells to call on that can heal himself, displace things, summon spirits, and even bind enemies. He can even temporarily grant himself partial divinity through a spell to ascend his state as well as improve parameters and skill ranks.

His strongest spell however is Heroic Spirit Shadow Summoning. In an ascended state he can utilize his newfound power to summon the shade of a heroic spirit, something he researched briefly in life. The downside is that this shade is even weaker than shades that could be summoned by a grail as a defense mechanism. Yet even a shade, depending on the base heroic spirit, can have its uses... especially since thanks to the book he does have some access to information from alternative timelines and alternative forms of heroic spirits native to his timeline.

If he is capable of or is utilizing his Crystallized Wisdom skill then this skill receives a plus modifier and allows him to cast several Three-Verse spells. Further his shade summoning and Theosophy are improved and he can utilize his divinity as a weapon now. This often manifests as him simply condensing it into an attack spell, but he can sometimes form barriers, chains, and other forms of weaponry out of it using Formalcraft. If for some reason the skill is sealed then he loses this capability completely and must rely on his base abilities.

Existence Outside Fate: EX
    A skill crystallizing his extremely unusual circumstances. Fated to always fail in his goals and aspirations, destined to never amount to anything much less become a heroic spirit, and always fated to become a stranger to history, only ever a footnote to even new schools of thought based on ideas he himself invented. These were what fate dictated for him. While these hold true, to an extent, he also defied fate and accomplished these goals.

Through his defiance and fulfillment of fate, this skill formed. An existence that both fulfilled and defied his fate. A living contradiction. This skill has, as a result, unusual effects. It sends his Luck parameter into flux. EX ranked primarily, it is due to the precise value of the parameter being totally random. At times he will have no chance of failure and then suddenly the very next moment have no chance to succeed.

However, there are exceptions.

Whenever an effect would base itself on fate, or the defiance/alteration/assurance of it, the skill will fail against him. If it 'cannot' then he is entitled to a luck check. A luck check that he makes as if he had A+++ Luck in. Further utilizing fate to see his precise position, fate, or past is useless. They will see the fate of 'Claude Doggins', the version of himself who lived as a simple human after his magus family fell to ruin and died in obscurity coming up with some clever ideas that others would take on and use for their own aims.

Rather this is the result of Clairvoyance utilized by the likes of Solomon and those using the Mystic Eyes of Precognition. However, those that utilize Clairvoyance like Merlin and Arash will find their abilities only slightly hampered. His presence was fuzzy in the visions, but not impeded anymore than this. As they utilize methods other than 'Fate' such as 'Mind-Reading and Logical Prediction' to see the future or determine their position.

Noble Phantasm
    Book of Thoth
    Mahatat Sajilaat Aljadhr

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)

The mystic code that made Maurice Doreal a heroic spirit. He can attribute all of his success, including his last moments, to the Book of Thoth. It was given to him while he was in Egypt undergoing a life crisis as he tried to come to terms with the fact he would never restore his family's shattered magic crest and would never find the means to make a new one. Even if he did, his family had lost all prestige within the clock tower, and not even the reputation of being one of its few American families would save it.

The package, delivered by a lawyer for the estate of Crowley, was the Book of Thoth. It came with research notes spanning centuries into the past, potentially even before the birth of Jesus. Naturally, he explored its depths and discovered many things both sanctioned and forbidden. He learned its limitations and safeguards and worked hard using the research of past magus to discover its secrets.

In the end, he was successful. Yet, ultimately, he did not do what other magi had done and pass it on. He instead sealed it in Imaginary Numbers Space. As such this noble phantasm is merely a recreation of this Terminal of Akasha. Even if a recreation however it still, functionally, is identical to the reality that exists within Imaginary Numbers Space.

As the Terminal of Akasha, it can naturally access practically every record within the root. This includes the various forms of magecraft and even magecraft from the future and alternative timelines. He utilized it to study as much as he could in his lifetime. Yet all it could provide was the knowledge and methods of the magecraft and he had to have the talent to utilize it. As such without it he only has his personal skill 'Magecraft (All Kinds)' will degrade a rank should this noble phantasm be locked or sealed. Likewise, his second noble phantasm relies on access to this noble phantasm and a workshop.

In order to utilize its knowledge-acquisition powers he does not necessarily need his workshop or a workshop he has altered to accommodate his noble phantasm. Rather he needs only mana to invoke its accessing of records and then display it on the pages. How much mana he gives determines how much he gains. Providing only an amount equal to his daily upkeep, which is minuscule, will only grant 1 page for precisely 1 minute.

The information gained is expansive dependent on how many pages it can utilize. If it cannot utilize all the pages needed to describe how Maurice or its reader can accomplish their aim with the knowledge as well as context and background on the subject then it will as best as it can consolidate what is needed onto a single page. If he has his workshop he can generally gain the pages needed unless it is a truly esoteric topic such as the nature of Death or the meaning of Life.

However, there are limitations to this noble phantasm. Whether it is because the root recognizes it as a fake terminal or because it has realized that whoever is using it may not be the most credible person some topics result in the noble phantasm simply not working. Two of these topics are Magic and the Truth of the Root. Attempting to learn of them through the book results in devoured mana and blank pages.

Moon of Zero
    Buret til Månen til Null

Type: Seal/Barrier

A noble phantasm that can only be invoked via a true name. Even a diluted form is simply a different spell. However to utilize this spell he needs a few things. First, he must connect his first noble phantasm to a leyline; then he must prepare the page containing the spell. Once this is done he must then chant the entire page while his target is present. So long as the words are articulated properly, he may whisper them.

Once he begins a barrier forms to trap the individual. Its strength is equal to the noble phantasm rank so even an A+++ attack from a noble phantasm will not break it, though it will certainly weaken its strength. Enough that a solid blow after would shatter it. However, the barrier isn't meant to seal them inside the barrier. Merely keep them in one area long enough for him to finish the invocation of his greatest spell.

Cage of the Moon of Zero.

Once fully invoked, whether the barrier is active or not, this spell will send his target through the magic circle and into Imaginary Numbers Space. Further, it will force a geas onto them that relays conditions for their release from both Imaginary Numbers Space and also from the seal the geas places onto them. The conditions are up to him but they must be achievable by humanity at some point and he must know that humanity in that timeline will eventually reach it someday.

If, for example, he were in a timeline where humanity is doomed to die to Ultimate Ones he cannot set the condition of humanity overcoming all Ultimate Ones. Likewise in a timeline where Heroic Spirit Summoning cannot happen under normal circumstances then he cannot make it so only a specific heroic spirit can bring them back. However, he could do so in a timeline where heroic spirit summoning is possible even if the circumstances to do so are somewhat strict. So long as it is readily possible, such a condition could be placed.

The only downside to this noble phantasm, aside from its upfront cost and requiring the Book of Thoth to be present, is the effect on his workshop. Once completed the workshop ceases functioning completely and will never be able to work again. As such he would then need to relocate and set back up his workshop in order to use this noble phantasm once again.

Personality
    Maurice Doreal is a somber individual. He will obey his master without a word utilizing his skills the best he can. All the while he will warn his master of the difficulties ahead due to what he views as his lack of ability as a servant compared to other servants. This is despite some impressive capabilities. It stems from what he felt towards the end of his life and feels even now.

That he was in the end a failure in every regard. Rather that he had only one success to his name. If ever asked he will always express genuine bafflement at being a heroic spirit. He is rather confused about why he even is one despite the fact he is a Stranger-class servant and it is the only class he can inhabit. Yet despite this confusion, he only ponders it in his free time. If there is a servant present or he is in the middle of a task such thoughts do not enter his mind.

Despite this Maurice Doreal is a loyal servant and acts as such. Even mistreatment does not cause him to falter. Rather only one thing can ever do so. Thoth the Atlantean. He always checks for their presence during a summoning and if he is set to appear will attempt to resolve his contract as fast as possible or set up their secondary noble phantasm to target their first noble phantasm. Like in life, he refuses to let Thoth get their hands on even a crystallized recollection of the Book of Thoth in fear that it might be enough for Thoth's plans.

As for his wish for the grail, it is several but all related to the same goal. Denying Thoth the Atlantean their goal. The 'enlightenment' of mankind. He finds the plan to achieve it abhorrent and plans to spend eternity preventing it. It is why they check for his presence. They are fully aware of the shadow that stalks them through time and space.

Interactions
    Master, Bond 0: Servant Stranger has responded to your summons. I must warn you, master, I am abjectly weak. Victory will not be won easily. However, nothing is gained for free so I'll put in the elbow grease to try and win it.
    Master, Bond 5: Hmmm. Mount Shasta... that was an experience. I did go and discover caverns but... admittedly what I wrote was sensationalized. See I encountered something there and it chased me through the caverns... this scar? From that fight. It had some rather nasty curses...
    Master, Bond 10: Yes... its true. Thoth yet lives. He's been tailing me through the kaleidoscope and time itself. He refuses to give in. He pursues endlessly... summoning to summoning. He'll appear eventually. It's just a matter of if I die before he can or if we can win before he can... Whichever it is, master, know it is not your fault. It is my curse, after all...
    Aleister Crowley: Ah! The founder of the estate that saved me from the Pharoah's Curse!... I owe you a lot. I understand it was at the book's bidding but still. You could've left me to my fate... yet you didn't and I owe you for it.
    Isaac Newton: Hmmm. Interesting. You were a magus but turned away and became a scientist... all with very minimal influence from the book. Hmmm. I should've considered that! The book could've taught me so much about science! Dammit! I'm such an idiot!
    Joseph Smith: Hmmm. To think you are entwined with this tome... not surprising though. To us magus it is, perhaps, the ultimate siren's call... though thankfully only I am truly cursed from it. I wish you luck in your efforts, Mr. Smith.
    H.P. Lovecraft Alter: Ah... I stand corrected from my statement to Mr. Smith. It would seem that I was not the only one cursed... and no, you may not have it. My noble phantasm, that is. I would sooner crush it to dust than allow that shadow to hold it, nevermind you
    Jean-Baptiste Etteila: A curious connection. Like the scientist yours is marginal. Yet you remained a magus.... though I see why. Tarot really did serve you better than the book could have, huh?
    Howard Phillip Lovecraft: ...? Oh! I see... so that is simply a 'what-if' and this is... but you did truly suffer because of what the book showed you. I feel... sorry you had to go through that.
    Thoth the Atlantean: So you've come... If Master is letting you roam free... no, no this is fine. Servants are around every corner. So you won't get the book without a serious fight. Don't bother saying you don't want it anymore... I don't believe you for a second. After what you did in the temple and at Shasta... I know better, Atlantean.
    Last edited by Baron Magnus; March 21st, 2023 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Forgot to rework his magecraft skill to focus on Theosophy and have other fields be tangential
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Conall: I think I read a version of this sheet on your Tumblr a while back. Pretty good. His personality works well to contrast Cu's, and I think I like your version of Headhunting better than mine. The horse has some metal imagery, and the passive-aggressive vibing against Cu in his second NP is pretty funny.
    Any thoughts on my dude?

...I know no cure for evil. DracoScribe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamerless View Post
    Also, I am now king of Player class servants by having 2 when everyone else has one.
    Uh, no you're not. At most you're tied with sutaa, as he has Bobby Fischer and English Game.
    Author of:
    Persona 5: Refraction (SV link; FF.net link)
    "You didn't have to fight for me, you know." "And you didn't have to curl your hair so we'll look even more alike." Ren stared before he softly chuckled, Akira joining him not long after. With one simple decision as a child, Ren Amamiya goes to Tokyo alongside his little sister, Akira. (P5R Sibling AU) (Ren/Ann, Akechi/Fem!Akira)
    Chapter 55 on: April 24, 2024 (GMT +8:00)
    Velvet Throne
    My list of my Servants! Still small for now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DracoScribe View Post
    Uh, no you're not. At most you're tied with sutaa, as he has Bobby Fischer and English Game.
    Oh yeah. I forgot that Fischer and English Game were both from Sutaa. I thought they were from separate people. Any advice on the Turk?

Blog Entries
    the king of [extra class] is not just "who has the most sheets" but also "who does the most for the class" aka who left the biggest impact on its perception.
    And player has yet to gain enough traction to make it into its own category in my extra comp.
    In other words, you? No. Not at this stage of this class and with your reputation.

Also: Go Team Derg Druthach! What a cool horse.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    the king of [extra class] is not just "who has the most sheets" but also "who does the most for the class" aka who left the biggest impact on its perception.
    And player has yet to gain enough traction to make it into its own category in my extra comp.
    In other words, you? No. Not at this stage of this class and with your reputation.

Also: Go Team Derg Druthach! What a cool horse.
    1. I was joking on being the king.
    2. Although I haven’t done much for Players, I fail to see how a reputation can affect how much someone had done for a class.

Blog Entries
    It's the other way around. Reputation is earned.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    It's the other way around. Reputation is earned.
    Of course. DelRey was basically saying that I couldn’t meaningfully contribute to player with my reputation, which I disliked. Rep is earned by definitions

Blog Entries
    Conall's sheet was awesome It kind of makes me want to see a showdown between him on his horse and Rostam on his half-demon steed who could bite through dragon scales lol. And, of course, it makes me even more hype for more Fate/Ninth Wave

Aside from his sheet, I haven't really read the others on this page yet, so I can't already give feedback on them, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamerless View Post
    2. Although I haven’t done much for Players, I fail to see how a reputation can affect how much someone had done for a class.
    I mean, I assume that if I pumped out, say, seven half-assed Watchers in a week that no one liked or cared about, then, when people think about fanmade Watchers from then on, they'd be thinking of someone else's, or, if they were thinking of mine, they'd be thinking "those could've probably stood to be more polished, like <other Watcher sheet>"

So basically I'm just thinking that Del was pointing out how numbers alone won't cut it in all cases

It's nothing serious anyway, but, yeah, worth considering
    Last edited by Serra; March 21st, 2023 at 09:22 AM. Reason: clarified - added the second-to-last line

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Conall's sheet was awesome It kind of makes me want to see a showdown between him on his horse and Rostam on his half-demon steed who could bite through dragon scales lol. And, of course, it makes me even more hype for more Fate/Ninth Wave

Aside from his sheet, I haven't really read the others on this page yet, so I can't already give feedback on them, sorry

I mean, I assume that if I pumped out, say, seven half-assed Watchers in a week that no one liked or cared about, then, when people think about fanmade Watchers from then on, they'd be thinking of someone else's, or, if they were thinking of mine, they'd be thinking "those could've probably stood to be more polished, like <other Watcher sheet>"

It's nothing serious anyway, but, yeah, worth considering
    Yes once again. To start, I was joking when I said I was king of players. And I flatter myself that said players I’ve made aren’t too bad. However, a reputation for earlier sheets has no bearing on new potential Player sheets.

Blog Entries
    Yeah I haven't read all of your players so I didn't mean to imply they suck, I worded that poorly, that was just an example, I added an edit, my bad

Anyway, I guess it boils down to there being a distinction between 'this person was the one who showed us a lot of good examples of the potential of the class, ones that can inspire other people looking to make more Servants in this class in a bunch of different ways' vs 'this person made a lot of Servants in this class' and that the first is probably more valued when it comes to unofficial titles and stuff. The titles don't really have any weight or anything but since it's Del's own thing and stuff he should be able to choose his own criteria and everything

Blog Entries
    His criteria are fine. I'm just taking offense with this one line from him:

Speaking of my Player, they're in this page. The Lelouch faceclaim. Any thoughts?

Blog Entries
    like serra says
    quality over quantity.
    just noticed. On paper i stand as the Gatekeeper King, but the one with the biggest impact is still pinetree who brought a revolution in the perception of this class. He is in more ways than one da King in that matter.

I guide you to another way of looking at it. Check out who the current kings in my comps are.
    Who they are and how they present themselves in their sheets and outside.
    And then what you do.

Or to make it more precise. As long as I can not take you serious as a creator here, I will not consider you for a position.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Well, its your decision on who to make king of Players once the position exists. Hopefully, by the time there's enough Players for their to be a king, maybe I'll have changed your mind.

Blog Entries
    The Mechanical Turk, eh? I see. Here's a first impression.

Mechanical Body works well, Grandmaster works well, his characterisation works ok enough for the most part (more on that later), the Player Class Skills work well...

I don't love Anti-Human Order on him, and certainly not at the same rank as Oberon. The dangers of artificial intelligence being misused are something that's fine to explore with sheets and everything, but he was operated by humans, built to entertain humans, and couldn't make choices, not even from a pre-set given to him by humans or anything.

His NP has him 'become more than human' and ascend to become a 'machine', but everything else about his profile implies that he's already a machine, and one that's trying to learn more about humans for the sake of chess, at that. Most of the sheet seems to represent the invention (though influenced by its operator) whereas the NP seems to represent exclusively the operator as if they were the main Servant. Is that a leftover from an old version of the sheet?

The NP feels also slightly vague in terms of what it actually does. Is it 'I can't lose unless there's literally no way for me to win with what I have at my disposal (I know how to make the perfect choices every time from the information I have and can adapt to any new information nearly instantly)'? In that case, it'd probably be more interesting on a Servant with less overall combat potential other than said NP, imo.

Also, I don't know if he needs to be a Faker. The identity issues could still be a part of his character while leaving him as a regular Player imo.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    The Mechanical Turk, eh? I see. Here's a first impression.

Mechanical Body works well, Grandmaster works well, his characterisation works ok enough for the most part (more on that later), the Player Class Skills work well...

I don't love Anti-Human Order on him, and certainly not at the same rank as Oberon. The dangers of artificial intelligence being misused are something that's fine to explore with sheets and everything, but he was operated by humans, built to entertain humans, and couldn't make choices, not even from a pre-set given to him by humans or anything.

His NP has him 'become more than human' and ascend to become a 'machine', but everything else about his profile implies that he's already a machine, and one that's trying to learn more about humans for the sake of chess, at that. Most of the sheet seems to represent the invention (though influenced by its operator) whereas the NP seems to represent exclusively the operator as if they were the main Servant. Is that a leftover from an old version of the sheet?

The NP feels also slightly vague in terms of what it actually does. Is it 'I can't lose unless there's literally no way for me to win with what I have at my disposal (I know how to make the perfect choices every time from the information I have and can adapt to any new information nearly instantly)'? In that case, it'd probably be more interesting on a Servant with less overall combat potential other than said NP, imo.

Also, I don't know if he needs to be a Faker. The identity issues could still be a part of his character while leaving him as a regular Player imo.
    Basically the NP is just super strategy. He'd definitely be able to lose, but he'd be much better at strategically doing things. Basically, it lets him play 4d chess.

Like, he was a fake, but the NP is him being the real machine. He can be just player though. You're right. The NP can be explained like this. So there’s how chess playing AIs actually work (super smart) and how some people thinknthey work (super good chess gods). The NP takes him from the first to the second. A declaration of machine’s superiority over mankind.

As for Anti Human Order. It’s ad D, super low. However, he represents a threat of AI replacing humans not the threat of AI killing humans.
    Last edited by Dreamerless; March 21st, 2023 at 10:11 AM.