Page 123 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2373113118121122123124125128133 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 2848

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

Blog Entries
    Vortigern: This is a pretty interesting take on the guy. A tragic villain who tried to escape his destiny only to ultimately end up succumbing to it. Giving him a precursor to Caliburn as an NP was a nice touch.

Out of curiosity, any thoughts on my Vidar?

Foreigner Sheetematic Universe! DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hanssi: Interesting sheet with cool background, but this guy died in 1992, so i would say it is a bit too recent. Tho i have seen Simo Hyh who died 2002 and admitted to have tried my hands on him as well sooooo... still genderswapping in recent times is not really something necessary

Vidar: I always thought Vidar is interesting with his big boot, so i like what you did here. The avenging god that fulfilled his role and became a gentle giant of restoration

Vortigern: I dont get it. Is he the real vortigern and someone else is the usurper?

Honestly given Vortigern's visceral hatred for Artoria and the coming age of men its easier to do something like Vortigern discovered Merlin's schemes (aka Merlin sabotaging everyone so the age of man could arrive in the lands as fast as possible uncaring of what or who has to get trampled)

Told Uther whom refused to believe him and shit falls down

Also how he laughs at Artoria's face and comes to the conclusion that she too will be deemed 'monster' by humanity and tossed aside

A Lily would be the Vortigern whom regained their lands with Uther's aid and then he finds out all his efforts will burn and crash irregardless because of the setting's mechanics so he snaps and desperately try to hold into the authority/mysteries of britain like you know how Uther did, except while the latter attempted to continue the legacy with children Vortigern tries other things like inviting foreigner barbarians and all sorts of rituals and shit. Thus the Paradise (Hell) of Darkness that no human will survive

All that struggle for fucking nothing since Britannia is the shittiest in nasuverse during the last Pendragon's era. So yeah Vortigern has to go through the hell of a war to reclaim his throne only to inherit what might as well be a fucking wasteland plagued by monsters desperately trying to survive and Merlin laughing in the background, aka he goes insane
    Last edited by BoktaiMoon; March 2nd, 2021 at 01:56 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Vortigern: I dont get it. Is he the real vortigern and someone else is the usurper?
    I figured that going back to live in the wilderness lead to him slowly becoming more and more incensed with humanity's desecration of Phantasmals and the natural world, culminating in his rebellion and plan to revert Britain into a perpetual AoG. Pretty sure the "Vortigern Pendragon was killed, and Vortigern the Usurper was born" part is just metaphor.

Arthurian Sheetamatic Universe! Morg van Destro's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Vidar: Givenn his nature, he and Avenger Vortigern would get along well, though the latter may be a bit jealous that he doesn't have the same anger. I do love that he uses sign language to maintain his oath of silence, and it makes me wonder if the Grail would translate that for them even if they can communicate telepathically. And his main weapon being a literal giant boot was just kinda fun. Norse deities always seem to have a way of making their way onto sheets, and so far, it hasn't seemed like a bad thing. It's good, basically.

Royal's not wrong on this. It is somewhat metaphor, but it's also the moment Vortigern gave up the Pendragon name. In a sense, Vortigern Pendragon disappeared from the world when he returned to the wilderness, and the man who would become known as Vortigern the Usurper was born. Slymbolism, and all that.

BoktaiMoon: You can click on the Avenger Vortigern in relationships and see where this started, but the point with my Vortigerns was never to create some hateful being or tragic hero. Just a man who followed his convictions, tried to do what he believed was right, and ended up hated for it.
    Besides, I've listened/read the drama CD. There's no laughter in his final words. At the end, he was beaten, and he realized then why the red dragon died as well. They were both products of an era already past, and his chance to extend that era had been stolen. The reason mine hates Artoria so much is because she could have done something about it, even if it wasn't desirable, but chose not to. And, as his personality section says, he believed she would. It's also why he reacts so viscerally to Assassin Uther. Did he make the wrong choice there as well? Was he just like Artoria, making decisions that end in failure?

Shoot! Almost forgot. Koga! If your next Servant is the one you showed me, I'll be waiting. If it's another, be sure you double and perhaps triple check your grammar. Maybe even get someone's help with that.
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; March 2nd, 2021 at 10:29 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoktaiMoon View Post
    Honestly given Vortigern's visceral hatred for Artoria and the coming age of men its easier to do something like Vortigern discovered Merlin's schemes (aka Merlin sabotaging everyone so the age of man could arrive in the lands as fast as possible uncaring of what or who has to get trampled)

Told Uther whom refused to believe him and shit falls down

Also how he laughs at Artoria's face and comes to the conclusion that she too will be deemed 'monster' by humanity and tossed aside

A Lily would be the Vortigern whom regained their lands with Uther's aid and then he finds out all his efforts will burn and crash irregardless because of the setting's mechanics so he snaps and desperately try to hold into the authority/mysteries of britain like you know how Uther did, except while the latter attempted to continue the legacy with children Vortigern tries other things like inviting foreigner barbarians and all sorts of rituals and shit. Thus the Paradise (Hell) of Darkness that no human will survive

All that struggle for fucking nothing since Britannia is the shittiest in nasuverse during the last Pendragon's era. So yeah Vortigern has to go through the hell of a war to reclaim his throne only to inherit what might as well be a fucking wasteland plagued by monsters desperately trying to survive and Merlin laughing in the background, aka he goes insane
    To be hobest although i saw the whole babylon anime arc have i got from Merlin the Impression he seem to be nice but it is more out of his wn amusement then true benevolence and thats remind me that i read somewhere that (fate) Morgana i mean the sisiter of Arthoria had similar burdening circumstances like Arthoria which could that be as in Morganas potencial aswelll Arthorias fundamental burdens as i only know superficial the Arthorian circle so would be from anyone which know something a Answer welcome.

Perdix:Never heard from him but after taking a look at wiki and not bad to make servant out of so less info and i clearly see why you used Yusei as pictur as i read his Noblephantasm it reminded me on Yuseis Card vvision if you know what i mean .

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I figured that going back to live in the wilderness lead to him slowly becoming more and more incensed with humanity's desecration of Phantasmals and the natural world, culminating in his rebellion and plan to revert Britain into a perpetual AoG. Pretty sure the "Vortigern Pendragon was killed, and Vortigern the Usurper was born" part is just metaphor.
    Well even today is to travel and discover the Wilderness a pilosophival travel where one got impressions not only on the outside but learns also something About oneseelf ,how must it have been during times where Mytery were strong and phantasmal and other beings still livedwith the mundane beings ? so Maybe did he encountered a sort of Fairy Settlement or something similar or from a other spechknowledged phantasmal Race and did from them heard some stories About the deeds of the Humen and not out of the viewpoint of the humen but from their own and saw that the Humen bring the World out of harmony .

About the Metaphor you mentioned i could imagine after he got the realization he thought "What was i for a ignorant Fool to not notice their pain they Arent brutal beasts they have also Feelings and defended their Homeland " and that this was his Motivation .

Just a Question in he nasuverse i got that Chuchulain lived during the Britain/Irish Age of Gods until which Point had the Britain Cektic Gods still some influence like wher in there some mentions of pagan / primordial Gods in the Arthorian legends actually .

Apropo your Vidar is quite good i must say but please tell me that he has no grudge or Anger should he Encounter my Fenris in his Lancer Version ?

Morgs Vortigern Pendragon :really good profile i must say . please tell me if you could imagine you Vortigern in such a Scenario like i said above /\

Also how would he think of my Slavic Dragon Slayer Tugarin zmeyvich and my belingerent Dragonqueen after your oppinion Morg ?

and it will be a other Servant Morg as berfore i do this servant i try to make an from the same class.
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; March 2nd, 2021 at 03:49 PM.
    When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    Apropo your Vidar is quite good i must say but please tell me that he has no grudge or Anger should he Encounter my Fenris in his Lancer Version ?
    I think Vidar would be initially enraged at Fenris but calm down upon realizing he was originally a victim of circumstances as well and this isn't the same monster he became later in life. He'd still be on guard around him but would be slowly willing to open up. Also since your Fenris was taught Runes by Odin and initially had a positive relationship to him before Ragnarok Vidar might be curious to trade stories with him as a way to find out more about his father.

The King of Cinders Cursed by Fortuna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Okay so this is going to have to be broken into multiple posts due to length reasons so first the reviews

Mariya Oktyabrskaya: Nice faceclaims, bit of a short one, I like her skills and her aloof, yet determined and focused nature plus her hatred of war makes her interesting (if ironically a little oxymoronic in that she hates war, yet wishes to wage a personal war against the invading germans). I find it just really funny at a mental level to imagine some girl walking into presumably an army base or something with a cartful of belongings and asking something like "how much for a tank". Farewell earthy possessions Tank is my new friend now!

John Henry: Huh, I remember hearing that story ages ago, although I can't place when I heard it. Even still this is a very good servant overall, while strong for his age it's explained well (I enjoy the fact that he has E rank agility and I'd like to think at a meta level this is from him merging with the machine he beat in a race, thus proving it as slow). The idea of him being a machine based on efficiency is conveyed well and combined with his 2nd noble phantasm creates an interesting dynamic with him as a servant. Unique and well made.

Cambyses II: Yeash, they say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree but in this case I think it got launched into orbit. The son of Cyrus the Great some who was greatly respected by the Greeks let the Israelites go back to Israel according to myth after they were in Babylonian captivity and supposedly rebuilt the temple of Jerusalem, declared the freedom of religion and basic human rights, and was in most stories considered a petty nice guy for a conqueror (in some version of the myth of Croesus actually recited by Cyrus and let him work under him [although other versions had him commit suicide or had Cyrus kill him]). This guy is so utterly different from Cyrus it's almost hard to believe they are related (although it may also be that Cyrus' nature as a nice guy was overstated). I actually wonder what Jeanne would react like if she met him, despite "not hating anyone" she can get angry and I wonder if he might be able to actually make her hate someone with his behavior. Either way he's a well made villain I can say that. Also I would really like to see Cyrus or Ur-Nammu (maybe) as Grand Rider both of them are the archetypical conquerors (aside from Sargon and Nebuchaanezzer II). The Persians essentially it's worth remembering essentially were the successor state to the Mesopotamians by conquering their empire (or rather conquering the Neo-Babylonian empire, who in turn conquered the Assyrian empire which had overstretched itself, and was had become the dominant power in Mesopotamia).

Perdix: This is an interesting idea and I actually really like it. Generally when casters appear as servants it's all about spells but here it's the territory creation and item construction that are front and center. While I don't know how well he would perform on his own, I think he would do wonders as a team support in a great grail war able to spot out traitors with his NP, and support the whole group with an immensely strong territory and powerful tools.

Echo: Neat idea on the NP, overall I kinda like the idea of a servant who isn't Berserker but also has limited speech abilities, her being able to be independent of her master is a nice idea and it's also touching if a little strange to see these two together (sorta) and that Echo mostly seems happy despite her circumstances.

Hansi: No Problem Morg, really I'm just happy to see that it done and I owe thanks for you putting in the extra mile to make sure it was written well.

Vidar: Da boot, da boot, he will kill you with the boot. I am a little disappointed you didn't use a dark souls character like a knight as a face claim due to there ability to kill you by kicking you off cliffs and such, but I still like this sheet. The boot is both a neat idea and completely hilarious (I can imaging the guy having a sword, but instead choosing to go around kicking people to death). I feel that Oath of the silent god is a bit of a missed opportunity as I feel that his character would actually be more interesting if he literally could not speak in any form or fashion (verbally, telepathically, sign language, writing) and thus people were left entirely top speculate what he's thinking and feeling until the Fenris wolf is killed, kinda making him the ultimate stoic.

Vortigern: A fall from grace type character. Interesting to see more of Vortigern's backstory fleshed out and my only real issue is that Julius Caesar's sword seems a little random as a NP. I would have thought it more fitting if that his NP was giving him something akin to a dragon transformation or the ability to gain the attribute of a dragon and abilities associated with it or something like that (as he did actually turn into a dragon which embodied the whole of Britain in Nasuverse and turned into a dragon in myth).

Also I'm not actually sure if the white dragon though would be correct, in the myth relating to the myths of the red and white dragons the white dragon was supposed to symbolize the Saxons and the red the people of Britain and Wales (or even Vortigern himself). The argument could be made that Artoria's is associated with a red dragon in fate (although the argument could be made that may be more that she is a ruler of Britain than the red dragon), but even then it may have been best to just describe Vortigern as a dragon with that personal skill rather than the red or white dragon (there are myths of people related to dragons or turning to dragons and dragons in Christian myths were considered evil or demonic creatures, as such you could cite that due to the influence of his future and how evil he would become he became associated with being "a wicked dragon" and that his dragon blood [if he has any] actually lead to him developing the ability to turn partly into a dragon).
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; March 16th, 2021 at 08:11 PM.

The King of Cinders Cursed by Fortuna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Post 2 of 3 (maybe 4)

So before anything else I want to thank everyone on the feedback on the Caster Imhotep sheet and all the advice they gave, I have taken the decision to try and implement changes to the way I write sheets and such to be a little less long winded, while also being more clear in the process and segmenting some information (extra lore or servant information not fully necessary for the sheet and some of the notes on the development process into their own blog form to try and cut down on the fluff in the sheets [both in current sheets and going through older sheets which I was fixing grammar issues and such] which were a bit on the long side to do so). Overall I hope this solution will be a best of both worlds approach for all involved.

You sure have a way with words, but too much is counterproductive to show your talent.
    I read through to the class skills and I already need a break. It is not that I dont wanna read further, your stuff is good, but then I clicked through all the other hidden texts and was hit by the sheer amount of text I still have to read through.
    It is like you hide your sheet in your sheet like a tree in the woods.
    You are a creative man with lots of things to say, i see that in the amount of your blogs and descriptions in your sheets, but not all people here have the time to read through all that in one go or to later keep up.
    You dont have to shorten them to the length of Kamerads or other recent sheets, just try to find a middle ground to condense your message.
    I will read further later and update this message if I have more things to say.

Edit: Okay i read through this. Combined with ur last Beast Sheet i see that you have a good grasp to create some nasu-esque mythology. Your flow of reasoning behind your concepts is really cool and i can see u as my rival in a sense because one of my goals is to create my own Nasuverse Mythology here someday. Your idea of time loops to reason the different gods is pretty nice, tho i there are so many differing creation myths in egypt, that it is hard to bring them all under a hat. You did not even mention the story with the 4 snakes and 4 frogs, dont remember their declaration even. But the idea with a pantheon connected to aliens? It gets stale now tbh. We have the greeks, the aztecs and the "HPL Pantheon", throw in that i think Amaterasu was an alien, or at least in your interpretation iirc from your Beast sheet and then you have pretty much half the big pantheons being from space. Perhaps it is because Nasu's approach of how gods were created is still too vague or something, but nothing wrong with good ol' gods actually from earth.

still, interesting concepts behind your mythology, i like the 2nd NP and the reinterpretation of Ptah's creation and Imhotep and "architects", the control of rearranging your aspects into other classes is great ( i will certainly someday steal that), all in all good work.

And people should stop caring if others made sheets of the same character. as long they do not rip of the other's sheets overlaps are bound to happen, especially with household names like Imhotep. We present our creativity here through means of certain personalities of history/mythology. You dont stop working on your painting, because someone else used the same colors as you.

Yeah I will admit it's not the most original idea, originally my idea was to have the, be straight up be "people" from Vulcan (which actually was thought at one point to be a real planet, back in the time there was a bit of weirdness with mercury's orbit the current orbital model couldn't [also on an unrealted note the other day I actually found out a cool story which I can detail here*] explain so we thought it may have been another planet, I just took the idea and came up with the idea that Vulcan did exist, but by reaching too far and playing with things they really shouldn't have they destroyed themselves [makes me wonder a bit how the lunar civilization the Crimson Moon was said to be from began to collapse]. Since I didn't like the idea fully I came up with the idea of them being actually not truly alines, but mores beings created by an alien devise as I felt that was bit more unique).

I actually am not all that satisfied with the backstory though, in retrospect what I should have probably done is highlight the idea of the loops more bu making it so that the first few loops were actually peaceful and fairly nice, but with every subsequent loop and more time passing Apophis' influence growing causing the world to become more twisted and less ideal to live in. Since Heka would want a world better than the original the people of Vulcan loved on it would keep doing time loops, but they would keep getting worse and less optimal with things spiraling down. Eventually things would get so bad that even the loop itself would begin to not work right causing memories of prior loops and iterations to flow through slowly during the gods insane from conflicting memories and personalities. Eventually Thoth would realize what is happening and approximate the event to them spiraling around a black hole (model below) starting off innocent enough in the decline, before getting steeper and exponentially worsening.

Thoth would then realize the whole end point would be that eventually once they cross an event horizon (a literally point of no return) they could likely get caught in a loop within a loop thus trapping them forever. But even worse when they eventually hit the singularity, that is to say if the entropy composing Apophis got too much then reality would literally break and they and the entire planet they were on would fall out of the plane of existence into the root (almost certainly what happened to Vulcan if the manifestation of the Entropy didn't kill them first). Realizing that either Heka must be destroyed dooming the gods to wither and fade or all of the world will literally cease to be he would choose the world over the gods, tricking/giving Apophis a physical form (if he didn't have one already) then having him destroy Heka thus technically killing them both, but essentially making the fate of the Egyptian Gods a forgone conclusion in the end.

I partly even came up with the idea as the terms of a perpetual motion machine or something similar to it gets thrown around a lot in Nasu and I partly wanted to show, just how horribly wrong something like that can go. (plus perpetual motion machines don't even really fully make sense in Nasu as it's established the root needs to cull timelines to maintain others and that there is a finite amount of mystery and presumably energy out there. At best what you could do is that the quantum mechanics approach and manipulate the facts hat while the current amount of energy in the universe is constant at any given moment things like matter and negative matter pop into existence before canceling each other all within literally fragments upon fragments of a second [thus the workaround the Vulcans had to do to achieve a system with Zero entropy, the were literally just jettisoning the entropy somewhere else]). As far as I know this rule applies even to true magic, Zelrech gets his near infinite energy to counter the moon drop by taking it from countless parallel worlds.

I actually would like to claim that the creation of the staff was something meant to be deeply metaphorical and profound like how architecture is really at its most fundamental about shaping the land to taking it's already existent resources and arranging them into features we have practical or aesthetic use for ... But I would be utterly lying through my teeth on that one. Truth is I just saw that the Ptah was associated with a pillar and had a staff, mixed the symbol of his father with the traditional ankh and then gave it to Caster as I wanted him to have a staff. I also borrow the idea partly based on Izanami and Izanagi using a spear to stir up the world and as for its ability well I alder was going for an earth them as the guy's best archeological work was made of stone and then just decided "Why don't I give him earth bending powers? Kinda like Toph, except he uses a staff?" so then I gave the staff earth manipulating abilities and explained it as originally being Ptah's.

Feel free with anything you want to take if you're interested in architects Frank Lloyd Wright (perhaps having one of his buildings as a labyrinth or a fortress as I think one of them was so sturdy it was the only building in an area to serve a 7.5 earthquake in Tokyo) could be a good one (he is more recent but considering that **J. Edgar Hoover, Marie-Georges-Jean Mlis (based on rider's trip to the moon NP and being from the very early days of cinema), Li Shuwen, Wong Fae-hung (if Li Shuwen's relationship as Lancer referring to him as hero is anything to go by), Nikola Tesla, Voyager, Neil Armstrong, and even Gray (a person who literally is both a mage who are naturally secretive about mystery and a person who literally is still alive in the 2000s)** can all be servant then really I think while heroes in the current age are rare, they exist.

From what I understand of it the throne is weird in that due to being outside space time, however here's my theory on the matter I think that it's not necessarily that there can't be heroes in the modern age (although they are far more rare) the problem may be that there simply isn't enough mystery in the present time for these warriors to manifest as servants from the throne at least if you are talking about the early 21st century as a reference frame. Hypothetically if you maybe had a grail war own earth in 2500 AD, say on a space ship (ala Wallie) then a hero induced into the throne during the prime of their life in say WW1 (like the Red Baron) would have nearly 600 years of mystery and fame, more than enough to probably be considered as being worshipped by mankind. However I could be fully wrong here I do however think that the world the servant is summoned in matters their power is based north on mystery (which accumulates with age, personal abilities, and their fame).

I know I probably shouldn't hesitate to release servants when they're done, I just feel that in doing so I may offend someone or perhaps take away attention their sheet may deserve, or even maybe cause people to dismiss one sheet or another as they fell one is superior. I just don't want to make anyone feel bad and really it's not really all that means is that I have to work on something else.

* Basically you know the whole apple situation with Newton? Despite being originally cited for his idea of gravity the real story is a little different. Basically when the apple fell it was a windy day and newton noticed that the apple formed a trajectory towards the earth (yet moved by the wind) while falling. From this he wondered essentially this "what would happen if an object was going so fast when it was falling that it never touched the ground and just keep falling forever, never truly hitting the ground due to it's movement moving it away from ground it was trying to hit". Thus was the discovery of ... Orbits actually (rather ironic given the Newton physics doesn't work on a planetary scale, but the man did actually come up with the idea [just replace the apple with the earth and the ground it's falling towards with the sun which gravity is making us "fall" towards and it actually works out as a theoretical model fairly well])

Hanssi: Interesting sheet with cool background, but this guy died in 1992, so i would say it is a bit too recent. Tho i have seen Simo Hyh who died 2002 and admitted to have tried my hands on him as well sooooo... still genderswapping in recent times is not really something necessary ...

It’s based mostly on a joke and comment where I mistook Hannie Schaft as a genderbent version of Hanns Scharff which gave me and Morg an idea to actually try doing just that. And also on my end served as a reason to research stuff like, did X or Y exist back in the 1930s and 1940s and also a chance to just have some fun and work with someone else. Although a lot of sheets can be serious (and I don’t think of this as a joke servant) [also see earlier list plus ** on all the recent people who are canonically listed as or greatly implied to be servants], that doesn’t mean that really I can’t have fun with them either or be silly or have fun with it.

As an example, I actually have considered doing a joke servant based on Theodore Maiman (a guy who died in 2007) called “Professor Laser” where he is an evil scientist and is considered basically the equivalent to Marvel’s Thanos by a most of the Sabers and Casters in the servant universe (but is considered a chump by almost everyone else) as he has the power to manipulate and be utterly immune to all lasers including magic lasers (medea and most casters) and sword beams, due to tapping into and controlling the negative beam force (where all other servants tap into the beam force for laser beams he manipulates the reverse beam force and can cancel their powers out).

One of the jokes I was also planning with this servant was the “true” reveal of the servant universe’s origin. The servant universe was created … by Artoria wanting to eat the same meal again, thus she used excalibur to tap into a metaphysical energy force and traveled through time to eat the same meal again. This resulted in time and space fragmenting into bits and the broken pieces meshing together wrong and forming the servant universe. (I know I’m partly ruining the joke by explain it, but the whole joke here is partly a reference to flashpoint paradox, but much stupider in premise, partly a reference to Plants versus Zombies 2, a joke on Artoia’s expense on how much she eats and likes good food, and also a joke both at overly serious origin stories and my own incredibly intricate backstories, with the idea that the reason the servant universe exists is something so mundane and pointless which has virtually nothing to do with anything really).
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; March 16th, 2021 at 08:17 PM.

Wyrd oft nere unfǽgne eorl, onne his ellen dah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    Vortigern: A fall from grace type character, interesting to see more of Vortigern's backstory fleshed out, my only issues are that Julius Caesar's sword seems a little random as a NP, I would have thought it more fitting if that his NP was giving him something akin to a dragon transformation or the ability to gain the attribute of a dragon and abilities associated with it or something like that (as he did actually turn into a dragon which embodied the whole of Britain in Nasuverse and turned into a dragon in myth). I'm not actually sure if the white dragon though would be correct, in the myth relating to the myths of the red and white dragons the white dragon was supposed to symbolize the Saxons and the red the people of Britain and Wales (or even Vortigern himself). The argument could be made that Artoria's is associated with a red dragon in fate (although the argument could be made that may be more that she is a ruler of Britain than the red dragon), but even then it may have been best to just describe Vortigern as a dragon with that personal skill rather than the red or white dragon (there are myths of people related to dragons or turning to dragons and dragons in Christian myths were considered evil or demonic creatures, as such you could cite that due to the influence of his future and how evil he would become he became associated with being "a wicked dragon" and that his dragon blood [if he has any] actually lead to him developing the ability to turn partly into a dragon).
    Eh, I wouldn't think about it too hard. The Arthurian Mythos in the Nasuverse has been so heavily altered that at this point I wouldn't be fazed if they straight up omit the prophecy or tweak it so that Vortigern is represented by the White Dragon - assuming they ever acknowledge Vortigern's backstory in the first place.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

Sobbing over a lack of resin WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't think about it too hard. The Arthurian Mythos in the Nasuverse has been so heavily altered that at this point I wouldn't be fazed if they straight up omit the prophecy or tweak it so that Vortigern is represented by the White Dragon - assuming they ever acknowledge Vortigern's backstory in the first place.
    True that... I fear what the future will bring us sometimes. And frankly, "don't think too hard" should be the default when dealing with the Nasuverse in general at this point.

Aethersen

.check out my Servant sheets if you are interested.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    Vortigern: A fall from grace type character, interesting to see more of Vortigern's backstory fleshed out, my only issues are that Julius Caesar's sword seems a little random as a NP, I would have thought it more fitting if that his NP was giving him something akin to a dragon transformation or the ability to gain the attribute of a dragon and abilities associated with it or something like that (as he did actually turn into a dragon which embodied the whole of Britain in Nasuverse and turned into a dragon in myth). I'm not actually sure if the white dragon though would be correct, in the myth relating to the myths of the red and white dragons the white dragon was supposed to symbolize the Saxons and the red the people of Britain and Wales (or even Vortigern himself). The argument could be made that Artoria's is associated with a red dragon in fate (although the argument could be made that may be more that she is a ruler of Britain than the red dragon), but even then it may have been best to just describe Vortigern as a dragon with that personal skill rather than the red or white dragon (there are myths of people related to dragons or turning to dragons and dragons in Christian myths were considered evil or demonic creatures, as such you could cite that due to the influence of his future and how evil he would become he became associated with being "a wicked dragon" and that his dragon blood [if he has any] actually lead to him developing the ability to turn partly into a dragon).
    Ask, and you are answered. Skull's right. They changed Merlin's prophecy in canon to the white representing the Saxons with the red being Britain. However, if going by my logic of Vortigern's entire true history being rewritten, it wouldn't be a stretch to say that people rewrote what his actually prophecy is. Besides, they probably changed it in Fate because Vortigern is specifically said to have used the blood of a white dragon. Other than that, they don't give Vortigern much aside from Garden of Avalon, which is where I saw potential. Also, at this point, Vortigern hasn't consumed the dragon blood, so giving him those feature just wouldn't make sense in my eyes, especially considering Avenger exists and Berserker hasn't and might not be made.

On Crocea Mors, the reason it feels random is because it initially was. For some reason, I've found myself coming back to Crocea for almost no reason some days. When I was writing Vortigern's backstory, I still didn't have an NP. However, I was suddenly struck, and began checking around Crocea and Caliburn. There really is so little information on both. Caliburn, basically being a substitute name for Excalibur in most things, doesn't really have an origin. It just exists. For Crocea, it was a sword lost in Britain that's just buried in some hole in the ground (wonder if someone could dig it up in modern times, or if it lost all its Mystery by that point). With that thought, I wondered if Vortigern might find the grave, but realized it would be convenient for Nennius to be buried in Brittany and unlikely he would desecrate a grave. However, having it be looted from the battlefield and passed around for a few centuries, now that is something I can work with. Sprinkle in a little destiny, a rando with a penchant for sword collecting, and you have Vortigern getting a sword that already served its purpose in history. Reforging it into Caliburn to give that weapon an origin was just icing on the cake. Though, I can't believe I didn't write a Caesar interaction. I need to fix that.

WhiteFrenzy: That's why I roll with it and revel in the crazy! Nasuverse gets weird, but that's part of the fun. I mean, they didn't have to build all this stuff for an eroge, but they did, which is honestly pretty funny when you think about it. It's also set up with the potential for interesting stories and interactions, which I thought was part of the reason for this threads existence. A Hitler of ash, an explorer turned ice wendigo, a savior guillotine, a tank becoming a mecha, a Vortigern with motivation beyond power and ambition, a tortured child who's never full, all the genderbends just for the heck of it.
    As is usual, I definitely forgot what I was talking about halfway through.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Ask, and you are answered. Skull's right. They changed Merlin's prophecy in canon to the white representing the Saxons with the red being Britain. However, if going by my logic of Vortigern's entire true history being rewritten, it wouldn't be a stretch to say that people rewrote what his actually prophecy is. Besides, they probably changed it in Fate because Vortigern is specifically said to have used the blood of a white dragon. Other than that, they don't give Vortigern much aside from Garden of Avalon, which is where I saw potential. Also, at this point, Vortigern hasn't consumed the dragon blood, so giving him those feature just wouldn't make sense in my eyes, especially considering Avenger exists and Berserker hasn't and might not be made.

On Crocea Mors, the reason it feels random is because it initially was. For some reason, I've found myself coming back to Crocea for almost no reason some days. When I was writing Vortigern's backstory, I still didn't have an NP. However, I was suddenly struck, and began checking around Crocea and Caliburn. There really is so little information on both. Caliburn, basically being a substitute name for Excalibur in most things, doesn't really have an origin. It just exists. For Crocea, it was a sword lost in Britain that's just buried in some hole in the ground (wonder if someone could dig it up in modern times, or if it lost all its Mystery by that point). With that thought, I wondered if Vortigern might find the grave, but realized it would be convenient for Nennius to be buried in Brittany and unlikely he would desecrate a grave. However, having it be looted from the battlefield and passed around for a few centuries, now that is something I can work with. Sprinkle in a little destiny, a rando with a penchant for sword collecting, and you have Vortigern getting a sword that already served its purpose in history. Reforging it into Caliburn to give that weapon an origin was just icing on the cake. Though, I can't believe I didn't write a Caesar interaction. I need to fix that.

WhiteFrenzy: That's why I roll with it and revel in the crazy! Nasuverse gets weird, but that's part of the fun. I mean, they didn't have to build all this stuff for an eroge, but they did, which is honestly pretty funny when you think about it. It's also set up with the potential for interesting stories and interactions, which I thought was part of the reason for this threads existence. A Hitler of ash, an explorer turned ice wendigo, a savior guillotine, a tank becoming a mecha, a Vortigern with motivation beyond power and ambition, a tortured child who's never full, all the genderbends just for the heck of it.
    As is usual, I definitely forgot what I was talking about halfway through.
    Carefull you remind me on the extatic Shakespear Scene from apocrypha (Little joke) but this is the enthusiasm that has united us here Right Morg !

About Crocea Mors do i think you have a good idea as often in the history and legends are the whereabouts of Weapons or Special objects is at a Point unknown almost mysterious like there Arent in our world anymore similar like the phantasmal like is theerre a NAsuverse Explanation if the Modern Cryptid beings are phantasmal or other magical beings ? I think that if a Mage found the Sword it could if they are preserve the mysterios though a Spell or Magecraft it could hold the mystery hmm.

About the Relationships i would be still curious how he thinks of my two servants Morg ?
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; March 3rd, 2021 at 05:30 PM.
    When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I envisioned Monster as the Class just for, well, big scary monsters like Fenris, the Hydra, Gugalanna, etc. It doesn't have the metaphysical significance of the Beast Class with its seven evils of mankind and whatnot. Basically I created it to deal with the fact that many mythical monsters don't fit cleanly in any standard Servant Class. Berserker is often the closest but if they lack any anecdotes of going mad it doesn't quite work.
    I never realized Shiki was literally such a big, scary monster if that's your reason.
    Though I guess figuratively?
    Top Five Favourite Servants

FGO Current Support Team

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anju Addams View Post
    I never realized Shiki was literally such a big, scary monster if that's your reason.
    Though I guess figuratively?
    I actually forgot that Monster was an official Class in Extra, and that wasn't anything I had in mind when using the Class. In any case that version of Shiki is pretty weird and I'm not sure if "Monster" is even a her real Class or just how she identifies herself (not like we ever get Class Skills for it or anything).

Foreigner Sheetematic Universe! DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah i think you are kinda right about the recency of Servants. Armstrong was a Servant in the story that takes place on the moon in 1000years or so, right? And iirc there were legal problems when the real Armstrong heard about it, so i guess it only applies to canon Servants and not really our fun projects. More modern Servants will sure be rare to see. From my standpoint i would consider Simo Hyh one of the last Servants. If modern day servants would qualify as Servants, they would already need a legendary or infamous reputation now in some specific fields. Hyh, Charly Chaplin, Zodiac Killer, Armstrong, Monroe, Disney, Elvis, Frank Sinatra, different presidents perhaps, Bin Laden even, famous authors like JK Rowling, heck perhaps even Steve Jobs or Elon Musk in several decades could qualify. The thing is with some of them that their legends are still in the works and therefore creating sheets for them is not that easy imo.
    Tho I like the Servantverse idea. Dont see many sheets for them around.

True Name: Liang Hongyu
    Class: Rider
    Alt. Class: Assassin, Archer
    Source: Historical Fact
    Region: China
    Armaments: Her fists, Drums

Parameters:
    Strength: A-
    Endurance: C
    Agility: B+
    Mana: C
    Luck: B

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance C
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Riding A
    A Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding. All vehicles and all creatures but those of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast-rank can be used as mounts.

Personal Skills:

Chinese Martial Arts (Jiao Li) A++
    A Chinese rationality. A value that measures one's mastery of the martial arts that made becoming one with the universe as its objective. Its learning difficulty is of the highest level and, unlike other Skills, it is at A Rank that one is at a level where one is said to have finally "learned it". While her essential skill in wrestling, and other martial arts, has not changed, Xuy Shangjīn allows for further height in her ability to perform techniques.

Golden Rule (Bounty) B
    A variation of skill that refers to the measurement of one's fortune to acquire wealth. However, it refers not to Rider herself but the current presence that part of her is submitted to, allowing the individual to acquire fortune though it comes at a cost. It is created from the presence of Xuy Shangjīn.

Tactician's Signal B++
    A variant of the Tactician's Command skill, made for nonverbal signals. While not an official tactician, Rider had endorsed the creation of a complex system of communications using drums and flags to confuse the enemy. The "++" modifier is made for the circumstance where Tiger Fleet is active.

Noble Phantasms

Xuy Shangjīn: Red Jade's Division
    Type: Anti-Self

Rider's first noble phantasm. It is the crystallisation of one of the supposed events surrounding her death where she was cut up into pieces due to a bounty on her head, hanged up as a warning, then stitched up as a sign of respect. A noble phantasm with the simple effect of allowing Rider to detach pieces of her body and control them separately from herself. A caveat of this, however, is that she constantly expends mana while the body part is detached though she can sense where they are to retrieve them easily.

Tiger Fleet: An Ambush Covered In Smoke and Flames
    Type: Anti-Army

Rider's second noble phantasm. A representation of the famous event of her legend where she commanded a fleet to an engagement using drums and flags. Manifesting from a performance from Rider's drums, a thick layer of black smoke starts seeping into the area with each and every beat on the percussive instrument. Finally, at Rider's wave of a flag and beat of a drum, the artillery of fortified ships, from flamethrowers to grenades, pelt the enemy in an ever escalating haze of conflagration. The ship wielding the weapons cannot be damaged as they are formed within the smoke and quickly dissipate to form somewhere else within that thick black fog. They are the smoke and thus return to it as well. The only way to end the attack is to locate Rider and stop her performance though the smoke will actively conceal her form, making it hard to find her.

Personality

"Ufufu, well what we have here?"

A vigorous person that nonetheless displays an air of mystery. She tends to be direct in her confrontations, willing to glare down at royalty if the time calls for it.

"The battlefield will only give you a little quarter at the best of times, enjoy what you can."

Deep into her life within the military of the Song dynasty, it would be expected that she would be a stern person, however, it is the opposite. She just holds a clear awareness of things that can or can't be done within a battlefield but would still do her own thing if she sees the need for it.

"Oh my, my head seems to have popped off. What's with your expression? Would you like to hold it perhaps. I wouldn't mind."

Rider is quite the playful person, if quite morbid at times. She is quite distinct from her Assassin form in that way. However, in the same way as the other one, she is very shameless about her body due to her life experience.

リビングデッド Living Dead NittyGritty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Vortigern: Uuuuum? Excuse me??? Where are the blue eyes white dragons???? Voritgern more like Vortigone. Still give 9/10, would pat on the head again.
    Made ya look :P

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NittyGritty View Post
    Vortigern: Uuuuum? Excuse me??? Where are the blue eyes white dragons???? Voritgern more like Vortigone. Still give 9/10, would pat on the head again.
    Look, man. What are you gonna do if I steal all your material? I can't do that to another creator. Besides, no dragons were harmed in the making of this backstory. In the sequel, however, we see at least two killed on screen.
    Is it weird that I've wondered what would happen if our Avenger and Ruler Vortigern fought?

Wyrd oft nere unfǽgne eorl, onne his ellen dah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Since we're still on the subject of the Vortigern Sheet, I did have one final thing to say...

Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    I dunno man, it still doesn't quite do it for me. I feel like there was enough stuff floating around Vortigern that you could have waxed some rhetoric to justify a sword NP without having to resort him randomly finding the unconnected Crocea Mors. Rowena betraying Hengest and giving Vortigern the royal sword Hildeleoma, or maybe Emperor Magnus Maximus entrusting his sword to his son-in-law Vortigern or even have Vortigern taking up the holy sword of his son who was slain by Horsa which was blessed by Saint Germanus.

But I digress, a minor gripe on an otherwise such interesting Sheet.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"