Page 497 of 621 FirstFirst ... 397447487492495496497498499502507547597 ... LastLast
Results 9,921 to 9,940 of 12409

Thread: Create-A-Servant 3

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Mashima made a third Sieghart clone in Eden's Zero?
    Yeah, 'Justice'. It's not quite as obvious since his hair is white normally, but it turns blue when he activates his Ether Gear and the recognizable face-tattoo appears, plus he has a fraught relationship with Elsie (the resident Erza counterpart).

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wow. I can definitely agree with Mashima's apparent sentiment that Sieghart was his best character, but I don't think that justifies making the guy a third time. (Or, judging by the Erza comment, maybe he was actually trying to do Jellal a second time but couldn't because Jellal never had a design of his own, lol)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries

Source: Catic

Class: Caster
    Other Classes: N/A
    True Name: Pachacuti
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Place of Origin: Incan Empire (15th Century)
    Stars: 5/5

Parameters:

STR: B
    END: B
    AGI: D
    MGI: B
    LCK: C
    NP: A

Height: 181cm
    Weight: 100lbs
    Dislikes: Freedom, the moon, darkness
    Talent: Conquering
    Natural Enemy: Cipactli, Huayna Capac
    Attribute: Sky
    Traits: Male, Humanoid, Divine, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: N/A
    Catalyst: Part of Macchu Picchu

Class Skills:

Territory Construction A: The ability to create a temple to Inti which enhances all of his magic massively.

Item Creation B: The ability to produce weapons of war, usually touched by the sun.

Personal Skills:

Earth Shaker A: Pachacuti. Earth shaker, a name he gave himself after a victory so incredible that supposedly even the stones themselves fought with his army, destroying all who stood in his way. This grants him the capability to command and control the earth, exerting the authority over it to send shooting spikes or huge boulders at his enemies.

Relocation B: He notably relocated thousands and tens of thousands of his people to the fringes of his empire, forcibly sending them into lands which were very bad for life. The ability to "forcibly relocate people", teleporting them outside of his nearby zone with a crash that saps their mana, as it is fueled by theirs.

Sapa Inca A++: As one of the greatest Incan emperors, Pachacuti gains this skill denoting his existence as an Incan emperor at an extraordinarily high rank. A variant of Imperial Privilege allowing him to take on skills such as Blooddrinking, Military Tactics, Mountain Traversing, and so on.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Inti Churi
    Son of the Sun

Type: Support
    Range: 0 meters
    Max Targets: 0

His declaration that he was the son of the sun god, as well as his work to increase the worship of Inti massively, sublimated into a Noble Phantasm. Passively, it enhances him, allowing him to become the son of Inti, granting him divinity at rank B, as well as enabling him to control fire which he can shape into entities appearing humanlike, akin to the partygoers at the Festival of Winter Solstice.

Macchu Picchu
    Endless Temple Complex

Type: Reality Marble
    Range: 100 meters
    Max Targets: 10000 Targets

The sublimation of his ultimate construction project, Macchu Picchu. When its true name is called, he utilizes his command over the earth to reshape it, pulling forth his Reality Marble from far below. A domain of perpetually burning flame and endlesss conflict as civilians within actperfectly according to Pachacuti's wills.

Lore: Pachacuti was the ninth Sapa Inca of the Kingdom of Cusco, and transformed it from merely a single, small kingdom into the titanic and sprawling Incan Empire. He is also credited for creating, spreading and popularizing the Sun Cult, which worshipped Inti, god of the sun, and claiming he was his son.

Personality: A cruel, vicious person. He hates those who dislike bloodshed, but also those willing to be chaotic. His ideal society would be perfectly timed and orderly bloodshed endlessly. His wish for the grail would be to rebuild the Incan Empire, with him as the head, conquering all of South America and then the world.

Relationships:

Cipactli: "How dare you turn the earth against me? Your blood shall endlessly spill for this!"

Huayna Capac: "Pacifism? In my own grandson? How pathetic."

Therese of Lisieux: "Self-sacrifice? The only worthy sacrifice is someone else."

Catherine of Aragon: "Your battles were impressive, but... why are you so kind?"

Yosano Akiko: "No! Send them to fight! Send them to die!"

Ennigaldi: "A... museum? What is that?"

Amaridevi: "Pit traps? I'll have to try that one out."

Dong Xian: "Impressive social climing. I wonder if you can fight as well?"

Anqi Sheng: "Immortality? Hand that here, so I shall become the God-Emperor!"

Erik Satie: "Secrets. So amazing, aren't they?"

William Thornton: "Why are you bringing back the dead and not wreaking war?"

Blog Entries

Lancer - Margaret Cavendish

Hey, how 'bout a Lancer from me that actually uses a spear?
    Admittedly I'm worried at some points this sheet feels a bit more Empress than Cavendish, but in the end I'd like to think I've achieved a nice balance (also a case of a fusion Servants who was a fusion in their own 'canon'):

Lancer of Blazing Stars

(by Binishu. Source)

“Through my inner world, I can rise to be a conqueror greater than Alexander and Caesar - Or I can go ahead and conquer the outer world too, ah, that is, establish peace there, if we're both up for that."

True Name: Margaret Cavendish
    Alias: Duchess of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, 'Mad Madge'/Empress of the Blazing World
    Alt. Classes: Voyager, Foreigner, Berserker (Cavendish only), Caster, Rider, Shielder, Gatekeeper (in which Cavendish would appoint her Master ‘Empress’)
    Source: History, Fiction (The Blazing World)
    Region: Britain, ‘Esfi’
    Catalyst: Original publication of The Blazing World alongside Observations upon Experimental Philosophy
    Armament: Diamond spear and shield, firestones

Character: “I have such a pitiable mind, bashful, compulsively writing, needing attention But my mind’s not pitiable in the slightest!”

Margaret Cavendish was an English noblewoman of the 17th century, primarily a writer, of prose, poems, essays, and plays, but also a scientist, philosopher, and lady-in-waiting to Henrietta Maria, queen to no less than Charles I. She’s most prominently remembered as an early science-fiction author and adopter of what would become multiverse theory.

Though not without admiration and respect in her time, being championed by her Cavalier husband and getting to be the first woman to enter the Royal Society of London, she was just as much ridiculed and looked down on, her reputation not improving till centuries later. A particular point of contention was, unlike other woman writers of the time, she never published anonymously. Not helping was, her husband and her being so closely allied with the Royals, her exile to France after the end of the English Civil War, she couldn’t even speak French either.

Then in 1666, the year of the Great Fire of London, something… happened. Margaret wrote that she was summoned to a planet in another dimension, the magnificent Blazing World where talking animals abounded and the shining stars made night as bright as day, and which was the original site of the Garden of Eden. She was called by none other than its Empress, a woman who like her had come from another world, who needed someone both recent and a fellow woman to act as her scribe.

The two women from other worlds quickly bonding, the Empress invited Margaret to travel with her back to her homeworld, as Margaret had once shown her Earth. As the Empress’ original world had fallen into disarray, she wished to stabilise by winning all its wars in favour of Esfi, her home nation. To do this, the Empress would let Margaret’s soul inhabit her own body, though with the Empress remaining conscious.

It is in this fused form that both Margaret Cavendish and the Empress are summoned as in the Lancer Class. This is personally how Margaret would prefer it as, while still desiring acknowledgement as a great mind in her own right, her awkward, bashful self feels much more assured entering into the Grail War as and alongside the far more confident Blazing Empress. Not that a geeky, awkward girl and a much more forthright woman sharing the one body never makes things go awry…

In most ways but one, Margaret feels much more at home in the modern world than the 17th century, given the advance of science, there now being far more sci-fi authors than just her, Kepler, and Lucian of Samosata, and women authors at least being better treated compared to her day. The Empress certainly finds it fascinating to see how far Earth has come since she was last here, but still refuses to admit it’s reached the heights of the Blazing World.

However, one way in which both sides of Lancer don’t gel with the modern world is that Margaret being a Cavalier and the Empress being, well, an Empress, both are firm monarchists, and not of the constitutional variety either, believing the only way to end all conflict is through undivided rule. Margaret was even a follower of Hobbesian authoritarianism, even if she didn’t completely agree with him. They’ll both insist they believe in benevolent monarchism, for what that’s worth…

Attribute:
    Star
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral in theory, Chaotic Good in practice
    Likes: Fashion, vitalism, being recognised / Jewellery, sermonising, monarchy
    Dislikes: Animal testing, weaving, melancholia / Vague answers, being left out, division
    Relationships

• Kafka: “A rather macabre world you have created, so macabre even you seem to regret itHmph, some Empress you turned out to be.”
    • Heinlein: “It’s a shame, though not unexpected, that you won’t acknowledge me as an inspirationThough I bet you’ve never thought up anything that didn’t have roots in the Blazing World! Seriously, power armour? Try a divine diamond dress!”
    • Cathy Morland: “You seem to have a strong internal worldExcept you don’t realise the ‘internal’ part.”
    • C.S. Lewis: “I would commend your Narnia, but…Ahem, would you keep your allegories out of my own world?”
    • Christina: “The Lion’s daughter? It’s a pleasure to meet another learned womanBut you abdicated? How, how could you?”
    • Alfonso X: “Come to the Blazing World, we have the best and brightest starsOr perhaps not. Forgive my rudeness, but I’m worried what such visible stars would do to your psyche.”
    • Omegarus: “You were foretold by another, ahem, ‘early sci-fi work’? My compliments to Monsieur GrainvilleBut your Adam left my world behind, why would you ever trust him? Unless you're that Milton or someone."
    • Ozma: “Hmhm, so you too are Queen of another world and rule over talking animals?Another world where nobody takes issue with women in power?”
    • Dorothy: “You travelled to another world to become its princess, yet you ended up an angsty little bratOf course, I was never sent to personally assassinate anyone… at age eleven, so I understand matters would be different for you.”
    • Ludwig II: “You tried to build your own world, but it seemed you weren’t master of your own mindSo we can’t let you into the Blazing World, can’t have just anyone recreating my castle!”

Master: Anyone interested in multiverse theory or Second Magic, regardless of if they’re anywhere near achieving it.
    Natural Enemy: Oliver Cromwell, Aristotle
    Wish: For this world to be united and undivided, under the ideal ruler (either one of her choosing or, if it comes down to it, herself)
    Keywords: Worldbuilding, Early Sci-fi, Multiverse, Blazing
    Rarity: 3/5

Parameters

• Strength: ***** B
    • Endurance: ***** C
    • Agility: ***** B
    • Magic: ***** B
    • Luck: ***** C
    • Noble Phantasm: ***** A

Class Skills

Existence Outside the Domain

The sign of those from the world beyond, and those who have contracted with them.

• Rank C: Both Cavendish and the Empress are people who have travelled extra-dimensionally into the Blazing World, in the Empress’ case from a separate yet Earth-like planet.

"And to think there may be even more worlds out thereWorlds fit for conqueri- Ah, I mean, establishing diplomatic ties with."

Magic Resistance

Built-up immunity to magic.

• Rank C B: While Cavendish would normally only possess moderate tolerance for magic, having lived in the era just before the Enlightenment, but exposure to the Blazing World and combination with its Empress have bolstered her resistance, making even Greater Rituals and Magecraft hard to affect her.

"You think you can touch a planetary Empress armoured with Blazing Jewels?Magic? Well, either way, I certainly appreciate the shielding."

Personal Skills

Collector (Jewels)

Accumulation of a high quantity of objects, paired with a keen enough eye to find high quality objects, in this case jewellery.

• Rank A+: Within the Blazing World, all precious stones are the Empress’ exclusive property, with all Blazing jewels shining brighter and holding more mana than the ones on Earth. They are usually sewn into the Empress’ gown as armour and source of extra power. Of special note are the ‘star stones’, whose name is no exaggeration, and the ‘fire stones’, which possess the unusual property of burning hotter the more wet they are.

“You see, there can be no conflict over wealth if the Empress has all the wealth!”

Combination

The means by which two Spirits can share the one body and act as a single Servant.

• Rank C: While the Empress’ body is in use, it is simultaneously shared by both her original soul as well as Cavendish’s, the Empress having invited Cavendish’s soul into her own body on sojourns to both their original worlds.

“It’s quite the experience, being in another’s body- No Margaret, keep your thoughts platonic, keep your thoughts platonic…”

Imperial Privilege (Blazing)

Possession of Skills that the Servant wouldn’t have otherwise, through the insistence of Imperial authority, but for a limited time. In this case, Skills associated specifically with the Blazing World.

• Rank A: Lancer may gain access to the Skills Divinity, Riding, Military Tactics, Mana Burst (Flames), Mana Burst (Stars), Contact with Civilization, Spirit Binding, Librarian of Knowledge, and most notably Familiar (Beastmen), allow her to call upon the humanoid evolutions of animals that populate the Blazing World, alike but distinct from A-Rays.

"Unlike your world, the Blazing World knows how to respect a real ruler!"

World Conquest (Internal)

The construction of a world entirely within one’s mind, conquering and ruling a cognitive world rather than a physical one.

• Rank A: Where Imperial Privilege and Mana Burst may have come from the Empress’s side, this Skill is primarily Cavendish. Due to her belief in the superiority of ruling a cognitive world over the physical world, having nobody else to contend with but your own mind, this imposes a Rank Down to all Stats against Servants who were Conquerors and/or Emperors.

“Conquerors think the material world can be whatever they want, but I know my mental world really is whatever I want.”

Noble Phantasms

Imperial Diamond Spear
    Vajra of the Blazing Stars

Type: Anti-Unit

“Always prepared to smite our enemies, be pierced by heaven’s shard!”

The Empress’ personal weapon, also Cavendish’s weapon upon her soul joining with the Empress. This spear, made from a single Blazing Diamond greater than any earthly diamond, acts as a statement that the Empress is always prepared to attack any enemies, and is fashioned in the shape of a shooting star, brighter than any seen from Earth.

As the Empress’ own ‘star’, it can absorb the light emitted from all the stars of the Blazing World, like gems in general absorb magical power. To do so however, it must be regularly sheathed in a miniature portal leading to the Blazing World, from which it can recharge energy from the stars. Once fully charged, the spear emits a pulsing light that can make the darkest void as bright as day, and when thrust can travel as fast as any shooting star.

While Lancer also carries a multi-coloured diamond shield on her, embodying her defending her domain, it would not fully activate as a Phantasm unless she were summoned as Shielder. Summoned as Rider, her main Phantasm would be a Chariot drawn by twelve Unicorns held with pearl reins.

Parallel Polar Passage
    Gate to the Blazing World

Type: Anti-Army

“Know the full majesty that is the Blazing World!”

The multidimensional portal that leads to the Blazing World, or depending on who you ask, the threshold where our world and the Blazing World meet. In its dormant state, Lancer mostly uses it to recharge her first Phantasm, since absorbing starlight from Earth, even sunlight, is far from enough.

However, the portal also the property of growing larger and larger (or the threshold growing thinner and thinner) the more Lancer, through either conversation and rhetoric or displaying the World’s features with her Skills, impresses a mental image of the Blazing World into her target’s mind.

Opening the portal further allows her to shoot forth multiple Blazing Stars in the form of spears, and once open to its fullest, can entrap the target within the Blazing World and have them skewered by star-stones from all directions.

Blog Entries

Archer - Carmen Miranda

Archer of Tutti Frutti

(by shisaki tayu. Source.)

“ServantArcher, Mestre. Hmm, you would notthink I’d ever qualify for such a ‘KnightClass’, but it’s notlike I haven’t been thrown into demanding roles before.”

True Name: Carmen Miranda
    Aliases: Maria do Carmo Miranda de Cunha, The ‘Brazilian Bombshell’, the Chiquita Banana Girl, A Pequena Notavel (‘Remarkable Little Girl’)
    Alt. Classes: Saber, Lancer, Caster, Foreigner
    Source: History
    Region: Brazil, USA, Portugal
    Catalyst: The scarf worn in her last performance
    Armament: Oversized weapon-like fruits, seed projectiles

Character: “Of course you wouldn’t thinkit, but I’ve been in wars before. Just… notexactly on the front lines, but still.”

Possibly the most famous singer and dancer to ever emerge from Brazil, though that isn’t the full reason why she qualifies as a Heroic Spirit, as she also became an important diplomatic figure in World War II and later the icon who inspired a whole anti-authoritarian resistance movement.

A Portuguese immigrant who went from working in a hat shop to becoming Brazil’s first contracted radio singer, her fame rising with a wave of Brazilian national fervour and the biggest star of the rocketing samba genre… over the Afro-Brazilians who originated the genre (and most of her fashions). Perhaps feeling guilt, she tried to draw attention to the Afro-Brazilian plight through the song ‘O que e que a baiana tem?’ in the film Banana de Terra, but to little avail, as after that her fame would just shoot higher.

At that time, the US had launched the ‘Good Neighbor Policy’ to re-establish positive relations with Latin-America, out of the fear that Latin American countries might side with the Axis due to prior bad blood with the US. With Miranda’s fame reaching the US, she quickly became one of the leading figures of this policy, presenting a glowing image of Brazil worldwide, eventually becoming the US’s highest-paid woman.

However, her fame may’ve grown too big to handle, with the US’s film and music industries only interested in her as a stereotype, if a ‘positive’ stereotype, and Brazil becoming increasingly disillusioned with her basically becoming a cultural cut-out more than anything else, whether this was by Miranda’s choice or not. In her personal life, she faced an awful marriage which, increasing her depression, led her to drug addiction and ultimately death from a heart attack, aged 46.
    Anyone who knows the image of Carmen Miranda might be surprised to find she’s quite solitary and secretive in person, who despite her celebrity is convinced others will naturally look down on if not detest her. She can certainly be as fiery as she was depicted, but said fire springs more from resentment and disillusionment than anything else.

Summoned in the modern world, she fears the subsequent decline in US-Latin America relations means all her work for the Good Neighbor Policy was for nothing. However, she is surprised to that she would become a core inspiration to the Tropicália movement, an arts-focused resistance movement against the military junta, given how much the Brazilian populace grew to hate her in her life (though since a lot of that hatred came from Brazil’s upper class, perhaps Tropicália embracing her was little surprise).

Attribute: Human
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Dislikes: Her own image, conflating Latin countries
    Relationships:

• Black Dahlia: “You putthings in perspective, nao? The world reduced me to my image, but Iwas lucky enough that it was my living image.”
    • Alfonso X: “Wouldyoubelieve I retain my Portuguese citizenship? Not that I wasborn anywhere near the Algarve.”
    • Gardel: “Ah, knowing the face of Tango is too in theThrone makes me feel… less outofplace in being a Heroic Spirit.”
    • Bolivar: “The Liberator? Well, little as youdid, or could do, for Brazil, nevertheless it’s… interesting meeting you. I was involved with resistancemovements too! Well, psothumously, but still!”
    • Chaplin: “That the LittleTramp would go on to stand against the Hollywood machine… ah, ifonly I could’ve succeeded in the same thing.”
    • Billie Holiday: “The US music industry and men in yourlife chewed you up and spat you out too, and younever even had to leave your homeland…”
    • Cacareco: “Being a Carioca myself, I am… not surprised in the slightest that Sao Paulo would elect a rhinomayor.”
    • Dorothy Gale: “Your cynical self is notas uncharacteristic as you say, Miss Garland herself had much tobe cynical about.”

Master: Someone who feels a strong disconnect between who they are and how others see them, or was once on top of their game but has since been turned against.
    Natural Enemy: Hollywood
    Wish: To be as universally adored as she briefly once was, to go down admired rather than belittled or hated. While she’s here, to get the chance to actually be the hero that the Tropicália movement treated her as.
    Keywords: Samba, Fruits, Good Neighbor, Tropicalia
    Rarity: 2/5

Parameters
    • Strength: ***** C+
    • Endurance: ***** D+
    • Agility: ***** B+
    • Mana: ***** D
    • Luck: ***** D
    • Noble Phantasm: ***** E-A

Class Skills

Independent Action

Capacity to remain active even without a Mana supply from a Master.

• Rank A: Considered a precursor and inspiration for Brazil’s later Tropicalia musical resistance movement, Archer can remain manifested for up to a week without a Master.

Magic Resistance

Built-up immunity to magic.

• Rank D: As a Servant of the Modern Era, normally she would have no magic immunity at all. However, the enchanted, ORT-resisting fruits of the Amazon give her amulet-level immunity as a side-effect.

Personal Skills

Alluring Euphony

Possession of a naturally beautiful voice that can a strong fascination effect in listeners.

• Rank B: Listening to Archer’s voice can make one feel like they’re in a samba dancehall of movie theatre. Mana becomes redirected along where her voice is projected.

Carnival Commemoration

One who has become an icon of Brazilian Carnival. Has the effect of boosting Strength and Agility while dancing and increasing Endurance against sound and dance-based attacks.

• Rank B: Archer, being placed in the position of the ‘face of Brazil’, has naturally close if rocky associations with Carnival and especially samba. But whether the Brazilian people been so accepting her has varied throughout the ages, hence her not having A Rank.

Good Neighbor Policy

The diplomatic skill to turn a potential enemy into an ally in war.

• Rank B: Archer was, on Brazil’s side, the main public ‘face’ of the Good Neighbor Policy, crucial in the use of soft power for establishing positive relations between Brazil and the USA. While opinion of her in her homeland was mixed at her height, she also later won over her own people during the Tropicalia movement. There is a high chance her charms can convert an enemy into an ally, but given the decline in relationships between the US and Latin America after WW2, such a bond will only last so long.

Throwing (Seeds)

Ability to use seeds and their fruits as projectiles.

• Rank A: She can most effectively scatter seeds through dancing, which can then grow at a rapid rate and be potentially toxic if swallowed by her target. Fruits like pineapples and grapes can be similarly thrown.

Noble Phantasm

Todas Tropicalia Frutas
    Bananas is my Business

Possibly Archer’s most enduring iconography are that of fruits, being the one who popularised the fruit hat outside Brazil. As someone who served as Brazil’s global representative during World War 2, or rather was made to serve as that, she is by extension granted the usage of the ultra-biodiverse nation’s wide range of fruits in the Grail War.

Due to the Ultimate One ORT having crashed down in the Amazon Rainforest long ago, the fruits in the deepest reaches of Brazil have, from ages of constant exposure to the alien entity’s powers, been infused with unusual power as a form of resistance (however effective against something like ORT). If she were summoned as Foreigner, she’d have access to the ORT-contaminated fruits instead of the ORT-resistant ones.

This allows Archer’s fruits to grow rapidly to the size of weapons in her hands. She as a special fondness for bananas, able to wield them like swords or boomerangs, but can also toss mana-packed pineapple grenades, fire off literal grapeshot, swing around cherry bolas, swing an apple cross-section like an axe, spark off electricity with lemon batteries, and so on.

Blog Entries
    "The squirming inside my chest and this tainted blood filling my veins... I'm sorry, it must be nothing but a burden, summoning a pitiful Servant like me who can only bring ruin. Even so, I Mechi, Serpent-Spawn of the Morrigan will do my best to be of use to you. Just... please take a step back okay Master? The ones inside me can get jumpy when new people show up."

Avenger of Tripartite Serpents:

Appearance:

Source

True Name: Mechi

Alignment: True Neutral

Alternate Classes
    : Berserker, Assassin

Strength- D
    Agility- C+
    Endurance- E+
    Mana- C
    Luck- E-
    NP- B+

Personality
    A timid boy, Avenger is scared of the monsters inside him and tells others to keep away to protect them. He's terrified of fighting and will beg opponents not to attack him lest "they" come out. Having been treated as a cursed child his whole life and discarded by even his mother when he proved unable to fulfill his purpose Avenger constantly questions the reason he was born into this world. However secretly he craves to be useful and acknowledged, and will repay with boundless loyalty anyone who grants him that simple affection; especially if from a maternal figure. If Avenger had a single wish, it would be for the powers he was cursed with to be able to protect others rather than hurt them.

Incidentally from having been killed by the physician god Dian Cecht Avenger has poor experience with doctors and hospitals, acting afraid if he's brought to either. While it's fortunate that Servants normally don't need medical check-ups if Avenger does require treatment for some reason his Master would best bribe him with candy or headpats to keep him from running away in tears. Not much unlike many kids in that respect. Otherwise in his free time Avenger mostly enjoys simple hobbies he can do by himself without agitating the snakes, such as reading and jigsaw puzzles.

Likes: Mother, protecting others, reading, single-player games
    Dislikes: Mother, doctors, the snakes, spaghetti
    Talent: destroying the world (unrealized)
    Natural Enemy: Dian Cecht, Morrigan

Class Skills:

Avenger- B+
    Indicates the state of an Avenger as one that gathers the grudges and hatreds of others upon themselves. It is easier to accumulate loathing and resentment, while negative emotions directed at the user are instantly converted into strength. Avenger was born from his mother's grief over the loss of her beloved champion Cu Chulainn, a vengeance that threatened to swallow all of Ireland if not for his untimely death. This is further bolstered by the fear and suspicion others directed at him for being the one to end the world, thereby granting a high rank.

Oblivion Correction- D
    Humans are creatures that forget many things, but an Avenger never forgets. This singleminded determination to cling onto one's past grudges allows the Servant to strike at weakpoints others would overlook and maximize the chance of critical hits. Avenger's hatred was never his own, and he himself never wished to destroy anything. As such he only has a low rank in this Skill. However that is not to say he holds no misgivings. Avenger does resent his mother for bearing him only as a tool for her revenge. Thus obtaining more than just the bare-minimum E-rank.

Self-Replenishment (Mana)- A-
    A Skill where magical energy endlessly gushes forth until one's revenge is accomplished. The serpentine heart within Avenger functions as a pseudo-Draconic Core, passively supplying him a great deal of magical energy. However as he is merely a Serpent rather than a true Dragon this Mana-generation is limited by needing to take in high amounts of calories to fuel himself.

Personal Skills:

Incubated Calamity- B
    A Skill that represents Avenger's conception, a 「bomb」 of concentrated curses and grudges meant to be unleashed against the entirety of the Irish World. Even though that promise was thwarted by his early end, the nature 「one born to destroy the world」 is still imprinted on Avenger. As a nebulous yet overwhelming threat Skills such as Instinct and Revelation will erratically register incredible danger from Avenger even if he doesn't take any action, clouding otherwise accurate predictions. Furthermore Avenger's very presence diminishes defensive Skills and Noble Phantasms as the concept 「world-destruction」 supersedes any ordinary defense.

Endless Gluttony- B
    A Skill expressing the unnatural appetite of the snakes inside Avenger, that would've grown to devour all life in Ireland if they ever got free. Despite Servants not normally needing to eat Avenger has to consume a great amount of calories in order to keep the serpents within him at bay. Otherwise a ravenous hunger clouds his mind and Avenger's Noble Phantasm eventually activates automatically.

As recompense the rate of Mana generation from eating is boosted, allowing Avenger to potentially sustain himself in the absence of a Master by feeding. Beings rich in Mana are more effective at satiating this hunger, including the flesh and blood of fellow Servants although Avenger balks at partaking in such a taboo act for even his enemies. When it grows stronger Avenger's body begins ascribing serpentine traits, such as teeth lengthening into fangs and being able to unhinge his jaw to swallow larger meals.

Walking Wasteland- A
    A Skill marking one whose presence is inexorably linked to ruin of the land. Upon killing Avenger Dian Cecht carefully burned the boy's heart to excise any traces of toxicity, even so the Barrow River where his ashes were thrown still boiled and died, a testament to the incredible strength of the venom coursing through him. A curse retained in his instantiation as a Servant. Avenger's blood, sweat, saliva, even his tears are all dyed in a potent magical venom that does no harm to himself but corrupts any foreign Mana leaving it sickly and impossible to safely use.

Wounds exposed to it suppurate, while prolonged contact with a human or Servant poisons by contaminating the body's flow of Od. If falling to the ground it seeps to infect local leylines, withering plantlife and turning water bitter and toxic. Abilities that draw on Mana from the natural World are greatly impeded in areas blighted by Avenger, although this is gradually alleviated as Gaea acts to correct the anomaly. Rate of corrosion depends on the bodily fluid, with blood imparting the strongest effect essentially acting like strong acid (which can be weaponized much to Avenger's chagrin), sweat the weakest while saliva and tears only moderately decay whatever they touch.

This Skill also renders Avenger immune to poisons, curses and disease ranked A or lower, which only nourish his health in proportion to the damage that would've been done, while conversely healing spells burn at him recognizing his very existence as 「corruption」 to be cleansed. Incidentally his enmity to the physician god Dian Cecht likely reflects that the three serpents within Avenger were meant to represent plagues, making him a walking vessel of pestilence.

Divinity- B
    Qualifies one's aptitude as a Divine Spirit. At higher ranks one reaches the level of a Demigod- mixed-race of divine and mortal. Son of the goddess Morrigan who entwines sovereignty over war and fate, Avenger could theoretically possess the highest level of divinity. However his father was never attested in legend, leaving it unclear whether Avenger was a Demigod or full deity. Thus keeping him at a B-rank in this Skill as compromise. Given Avenger's bitterness at his mother for leaving him to die he doesn't entirely mind his connection to her being dulled, either.

Noble Phantasm
    Trí Croí Nathair
    Viperous Heart, Nurse Calamity

Type: Support/Anti-Unit~Populace

Avenger's Noble Phantasm... although it'd be more accurate to call it the curse foisted on him since birth. A powerful innate Bounded Field woven by the Morrigan's sorcery sealing a trio of Divine Beast serpents inside his heart (Spiritual Core as a Servant). Through a pocket of distorted space the snakes are allowed to grow without damaging Avenger's heart, although they periodically hiss to be fed. When this happens, ravenous hunger paints Avenger's mind, growing stronger until he weakens the seal on the Bounded Field enough to let them out. This results in up to three serpents extending from a runic portal in Avenger's chest to gobble up anything in the vicinity (although they favor Mana-rich items) before retreating back inside.

The serpents will instinctively emerge sensing their 「host」 Avenger is threatened, lashing out at any assailants. This is regardless of Avenger's own will and he can only scream for opponents to stay away from him as the coils greedily lunge for them. Incidentally this 「self-defense」 also applies to any attempts Avenger makes to end his own life, the serpents automatically manifesting to thwart them.

They can move fast enough to catch projectiles like bullets while appearing a blur, making it seem Avenger has a Protection From Arrows Skill. Their fangs naturally carry the same venom as his Walking Wasteland Skill, which can be injected into the enemy to poison them directly. The snakes can also act akin to 「grappling hooks」 by biting onto something and reeling Avenger towards it. Given his reluctance to fight they mainly use this to puppeteer Avenger's body, ragdolling him across the battlefield and away from enemy attacks.

However this Noble Phantasm's full power, its true terror is unable to be shown as long as the serpents remain sequestered within Avenger's heart. Upon death, his Spiritual Core cracks open, breaking the Bounded Field and freeing the monsters to manifest fully. They erupt from Avenger's body and go wild madly gorging on their former master's flesh and blood, cannibalizing his Saint Graph to grow enormously. Avenger is in fact a sacrifice, his death serving as the final meal for his horrid patrons to celebrate their maturation. Shedding Avenger's husk like a soggy wrapper the now truck-sized serpents are released to rampage in the outside world.

While prophesied to be powerful enough to depopulate all of Ireland, the Grail has seen fit to weaken them to "merely" mid-tier Divine Beasts. Even so the trio have stats equal to a Knight-Class Servant sharing Avenger's Endless Gluttony and Walking Wasteland Skills, granting the power to grow the more they devour (although capping at the size of a bus) while their venom and blood poison the World around them rendering it difficult to directly face the beasts. They are however weak to fire-based attacks.

The only way to prevent this is to fully incinerate Avenger's remains after death, killing the serpents along with him. Even so the ashes carry the effects of his Walking Wasteland Skill, cursing the region 30 meters around Avenger's passing into a wilderness unable to bear life for at least ten years.

So here's the sheet I teased over in the GaS thread. As usual comments and critiques would be welcome. Thanks for reading y'all!
    Last edited by RoydGolden; May 14th, 2023 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Corrected miswording in personality

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The King of Terror

Tyranny is often a force that breeds hatred, violence, and Freedom.

Hatred, violence, and tyranny are often bred from Revolution
    Greetings, master. I am classified as Servant Avenger. Come along, let us make Utopia.

True Name
    Maximilien Robespierre

Class
    Avenger

Origin
    Historical Fact

Alignment
    Chaotic-Evil

Roman Principles, Self-Virtue, Debate, Revolution, Politics

Dislikes
    French Values, France, Immorality, Monarchies, Capitalism

Talents
    Social Terrorism and Political Revolution

Natural Enemy
    Charles-Henri Sanson

Other Classes
    none

Catalyst
    His Writings or his Remains

Armament
    Speeches
    Articles

Parameters

Str
    F
    End
    F+
    Agi
    F
    Mna
    F
    Lck
    F
    NP
    B

Lore

Maximilien Francois Marie Isidore de Robespierre. A name known the world over as the man that began the worldwide event known as the French Revolution. Not however for the freedom it did eventually bring France but for the horrid actions that allowed for that freedom. From the unjust slaying of Marie-Antoinette and her husband to the tyranny that followed. He was a man hated but feared within France for the years he reigned with the council that he personally arranged.

Most people know of the French Revolution but few realize its true impact. If not for the event itself freedom would have taken much longer to root into the human order. This was because many saw the victory of the American colonies as something of a fluke. While well-deserved they simply had fortunate circumstances.

You would not be unusual if you stated that it could not happen in Europe during that era. Yet, unmistakably, it did. Spurred on by the victory french citizens gathered and effectively took over the government, the only exception being the royalty did nothing to resisted even relinquishing much of its political power to the people.

History correctly attests that Robespierre orchestrated many events that led up to it. From establishing the Jacobin Club so that a political party could rise during such a turbulent time to whispering sweet nothings in the right ears to get the support of the aristocracy who thought they'd benefit. Many involved with the leadership of the revolution believed that it would turn France into a mirror of America. Perhaps, in a dark sense, it did.

However rather than a democratic republic with leadership dictated by the masses with the ideals of freedom instilled from the top down it became the opposite. It quickly became a republican democracy that instilled the mob with terror to conform from the bottom up. All of it by design to force his peers to fall in line or risk not only their political and social power but also their life.

His method was simply by promoting use of the death penalty, which he spoke out against in his early life in order to build up a rapport as a man who valued human life. He slowly worked his way up the social ladder for his 'trials' until he reached the royalty themselves. They agreed to stand trial, believing it'd be fair, but never knew he was manipulating evidence so that the verdict would be guilty and by extension the sentence be death by guillotine.

Yet Robespierre manipulated not only the normal humans on the council and in the masses. He also set his sights on magus families. He did not want to kill them as he only discovered them by accident and was curious. However he knew he had to be exceedingly careful when dealing with them. Some resisted but in a twist of fate the circumstances of the world allowed him to pull the wool over their eyes and deal with them as an equal. It is unknown precisely what he threatened but it was credible enough to bring many to heel and turn those that did against the ones that didn't.

For all his accomplishments however it came crumbling down. Not for the world calming down allowing the Clock Tower to focus on France. Not because the mob finally turned on him and brought him down in a karmic sense of justice. Instead it was infighting that did him in. Fellow members of the council happened upon some salacious letters that would be embarrassing if released. Naturally this wasn't enough to bring Robespierre to heel. Yet his reaction was all they needed.

Frothing at the mouth in rage at his own method of getting his way being used against him a council member stated that he was choking on Danton's blood, a former council member that Robespierre arranged to be killed, and so should be put to trial for corruption. He resisted best he could but the council moved swiftly, capturing the few supporters that stood with him. Of the 32 that were willing to stand with him all were brought to the guillotine and executed.

It is said that Robespierre's scream from having bandages holding his broken jaw in place were of pain, others claim of rage. It is rumored that even today you can hear it in the dead of night. What is indisputable was the reports of his execution. No one cried for him or wept for him. Rather the crowd cheered for his death and many showed relief at it. The cheering lasted for fifteen minutes after his death. Something that signifies the severity of the reign of terror and tyranny he introduced to France.

Class Skills

Avenger
    EX

Normally this skill is granted to avengers as part of their class. Robespierre however is a special case. If ever there were a servant that embodies the principal of 'vengeance' it is he. He holds many negative thoughts. He holds deep levels of hatred. All of it for France. Likewise he is despised for the reign of terror he caused. Even magus hold contempt for him for forcing many families to hastily retreat from France, causing some to disappear from the world entirely taking their secrets with them.

If he were a mere servant this skills effects would be pronounced. It generates enough mana to sustain his existence alone and could even permit him to fight for hours sans a noble phantasm. Combined with the rank of Self-Replenishment that he has he could somewhat completely remove himself from his master and sustain himself very well while restoring lost mana through rest.

Such is his hatred for the country known as France

Oblivion Correction
    A+

A skill granted to the avenger class container so that they do not forget slights done against them, even overriding temporal manipulation. Every cut, every insult, every offense. Avenger, dependent on the rank, will remember each and every one. Robespierre is notably high-ranked due to his history in debate and his reign of terror. It is hard to forget how the masses cheered at their oppressor being slaughtered like so many before him.

At his rank he can exploit the gaps in anothers memory and observation to deliver critical hits. Normally it is for delivering physical attacks critically and while he is especially effective at misdirection to create such openings his true aptitude is for debate. His words carry far, far more weight than any blade would. Utilizing this skill and his own talent he can bring even the greatest heroes down to the level of mortal men with only words. In a way he can utilize this skill to deal mental and emotional critical damage far better than any physical wound he could potentially create.

Such was the manner of Robespierre to be as harsh as needed to his enemies.

Self-Replenishment (Mana)
    A+

A natural skill of the Avenger class that generates mana so long as their revenge is incomplete. As he desires nothing short of the dissolution of France and the installment of a utopian society in its place he endlessly generates mana to sustain himself. Thus his high rank makes sense as he has deep layers of vengeance and anger.

At his rank this skill alone sustains his very existence. Combined with his skill Avenger he has zero need of a master other than an emergency store of mana and their command spells. Things he can easily replace with a new contract after he severs his old one, one way or another. Whenever he is speaking, the amount of mana generated is greater so as to sustain any skills or noble phantasms being utilized.

Such was the diligence of Maximilien to speak so long that dawn would turn to dusk.

Personal Skills

Man of Letters
    A+

A skill that belongs to servants of eloquence. Not merely a person whom can read and write but a title granted to one who has several accomplishments under his belt, a notable example being one year where he spent 328 days out of the year giving a speech. He has several dozens of essays under his belt as well, some of which began his journey to being the French Revolution.

At this rank this skill utilizes eloquence in place of leadership as a variation of the Charisma skill however it offers different benefits and delivery methods. He need not speak to people directly; His words carry the mental interference whether transmitted personally, electronically, or even written word. Said mental interference simply leads those listening or reading to regard him as an authoritative figure on the subject, not absolutely right or correct but definitely someone that knows what they're talking about, has done more than adequate research, and is even perhaps an expert on the subject they speak of.

In addition to being considered those that grow suspicious or are the subject of his speech/writings they will accrue stress and/or mental and/or emotional damage. While not physical and thus not quite as powerful as physical damage too much can break the spirit of even a powerful servant if left unchecked. Yet it can never truly overcome fearsome or mindless foes. Protections against mental interference of B-rank or higher prevent this damage and simply capture their attention. Only the truly mindless can ignore his speeches or turn away from his writing.

Such was the eloquence of his speeches and writings that even layman understood him

the Incorruptible
    B

A title he gained throughout his reign as president of the National Convention of France after the fall of the monarchy, a fall he personally oversaw and orchestrated with conspirators. Despite his atrocious actions his peers and himself considered him beyond reproach as he had very public morals and even his private conduct adhered to them staunchly. It is only ranked lower than its highest rank humanly possible because of his fall from grace. Had that not occurred he'd have gained stronger benefits from it.

At this rank Robespierre lives up to his title; Incorruptible. Mental Interference cannot influence him even if one utilizes a noble phantasm to transmit it. Additionally he has resistances to other effects that would mar his person such as, for example, poisons. Finally if somehow his mind or body alter due to something outside his control he can purge himself of its effects by draining himself of all mana in his body.

Normally such an act would be tantamount to suicide for a servant. Especially if they lack a master like he often does. However thanks to his class skills being so high-ranked he simply enters a coma for a few seconds and then is powerless for a period of 24 hours. After this he begins to restore his lost mana, the pool of which itself is small and recovers over the course of a days rest.

A downside to this skill is that it also acts as a form of mental pollution. He is fixated on the destruction of french culture and wishes to replace it with a direct democratic utopia founded on roman principles. He will pursue this goal completely regardless of the possibility, or lack thereof. Even should it be totally impossible he will do all he can to achieve his ideal nation atop the smoldering ruins of France.

Such was the determination of a man consumed with desire to create Utopia

the Thermidorian Reaction
    EX

A skill that is held by revolution leaders whose factions changed to more conservative factions after their reign. As its founder he naturally has it beyond its peak. It could even be said he is only servant to hold it due to being a relatively modern skill. After his death and a slew of executions done to those who sanctioned him to death the populace, horrified, turned to more conservative views.

To reflect this history there are two primary effects this skill has. Firstly it weakens enemies as they injury and hate him. This manifests as stacking negative modifiers to their parameters first then skills once they descend past F rank and finally noble phantasms and armaments once the skills are lowered. Even a trip caused by trying to dodge will apply a negative modifier to a parameter of his enemy. As for hatred the enemy need only think negatively of him for this skill to apply a negative modifier.

The second effect only occurs when he dies. As he dies the one who kills him will be irrevocably changed. Their spirit origin will decline unless they turn away from violent methods of accomplishing their goals. If they do not they will begin to experience the deterioration of their spirit origin akin to a curse deteriorating a soul. It can become bad enough that the servant becomes a mere ghost.

Such was the fate of the King of Terror.

Personality

Robespierre is an extremely controversial figure even in his time. One who, perhaps in modern times would be called, a hypocrite. He advocated for the abolishment of the death penalty yet sentenced over 300,000 to their deaths. He decried tyranny and spoke of freedom yet used terror to ensure a unified France. He claimed to be a virtuous man who loved roman principles yet he worked to install an oppressive democracy in place of a constitutional monarchy.

To say he is a complex man was an understatement. He had studied philosophy, the art of rhetoric, law, medicine, and history throughout many of his formative years. He even won an award for being skilled at Rhetoric at the age of eight and not amongst peer but superiors. As such when he grew attached to roman ideals he found himself loathing the excessive, disparate state of France. Something he eventually decided to correct, beginning with the formation of the Jacobin Party.

Yet he is not a dictator. He fervently believes dictatorships ruled by the mob are necessary for Utopia, his ideal nation. One where every man, woman, and child grows on Roman Virtues such as frugality, friendship, and modesty. One where truth is the ruler of all and immortality is assured through the immortal soul. Such was his ideal. However he expresses that achieving it without bloodshed, without cruelty, without oppression is impossible.

He expresses that he understands these things and was willing to shoulder the weight of such sins alone. For him the council was naught more than a tool and their sins were his sins and his alone, not theirs. The only sin they would shoulder would be any sin they took on outside his instruction. He, naturally, conflated this idea to all of France as his obsession with succeeding in the creation of Utopia.

However as Avenger this obsession is greater and perhaps twisted. His core self, a virtuous man alone, stands. He will adhere to his principles strictly. However he has undeniably changed. Before he'd speak out against the death penalty but now he simply will not decree one should die. He will let the crowd decide that themselves, maybe even manipulate one or two individuals to advocate on his behalf.

Likewise his belief that all men be free and armed has twisted. It is no longer for the purpose of freedom but for the purpose of the people. That all must be armed for the purpose of defending the whole or be unarmed until they decide to take up arms for the cause. Likewise anyone against Utopia is an enemy for him to overcome. Violence, of course, being perfectly acceptable.

What is most prominently twisted is his view of France. Once he believed France could become Utopia and its people citizens of it. However this is different. While he believes the citizens can be converted he firmly believes that France, as a nation and idea, must cease. To that end he believes every building must be torn down, every cultural icon burned, and every record be struck, and every memory forgotten.

Such is the desire of the Terror of France.

Interactions

Master
    I will be brief. I will destroy France. It rejected Utopia after I generously offered it to be the foundation... so now, instead of being such intact, it will be so as rubble. You cannot stop this. Only support or hinder. Which shall it be master? Conspirator or Ally? Make your peace.

Marie Antoinette
    The flower of versailles. I have plucked you once. I can easily do so again. Try my hand, if you dare.

Charles-Henri Sanson
    My faithful executioner and the most disappointing traitor of France. You had your duty. You did it well. Even I was proud, for a time. Even kneeling I did not blame you... Until you tore that bandage and tortured me. You betrayed yourself. You betrayed your ideals. For that I will never forgive you, cretinous betrayer

Chevalier d'Eon
    Hmph. An effective spy. A loyal dog. I shall admit, I was surprised by your neutrality to us. Yet in the end you are like the rest. Loyal to a fault. Ashes to ashes with you.

Charlotte Corday
    You may have slain that which tainted my Utopia, but do not think that absolves you of sin. Royalists are scum and never shall I forgive you for your motive in that crime.

Napoleon Bonaparte
    One of the few French I will ever consider without thought into my Utopia. Most require some conversion but I am confident you will be acceptable without change. At least, as you present yourself. A man of possibilities, something Utopia requires to be as immortal as the soul

Louis XVI
    How dare you! He may not have been me but he nearly achieved what I sought! He merely lost sight of it! I could have fixed him!... I was right to slay the royalty. I knew they'd interfere with my plan for Utopia. You did with him and it is inevitable some form of you shall with me!

Louis Antoine de Saint-Just
    My friend. My most loyal ally. Of all the men that stood by me, I never doubted you. My one regret. I will not make that mistake again. This time I shall burn France for their refusal. Nay. Their betrayal to our cause. Atop the rubble I will build Utopia!... I wonder if you will be with me or if I'll be alone.

Marie-Anne Lenormand
    Thank you for your prediction. Sadly I was surrounded by traitors. My own peers sold me out to save their skin. They feared the monster we together created. Will you tell me now my fortune? Will I finally reach Utopia?

Noble Phantasm

I am the man who led the Revolution. I am the man who orchestrated the Terror. My name is Robespierre and now bear witness to my legend!
    Règne Révolutionnaire de la Terreur

Type
    Anti-UnitAnti-Army

Rank
    B

A crystallization of his legend. Of the event that shook the worlds very foundations. Said to have killed even god himself. This event, the French Revolution, is crystallized in this noble phantasm. He was one of the major figures that led the revolution and the one who orchestrated the use of terror as a means of maintaining control and civility. He is also the one the leaders blamed initially for the use of terror and for every atrocity. Even if disproven later this fact carved itself onto his saint graph and thus began a burning desire for vengeance over this slight.

His noble phantasm has a single simple effect; It manipulates the physical state of a being based on their mental or emotional states. Specifically Robespierre, utilizing his greatest gift, will forcibly switch the targets physical state with either their mental or emotional state. This causes injuries to spontaneously occur on the target. Unlike normal injuries there is no resisting these; they are in a sense self-inflicted. While protection against mental interference can mitigate the damage it cannot negate it.

Even the mindless are not entirely safe. Due to a lack of thought or feeling often such entities will, rather than take on injuries, begin to rapidly deteriorate in physical health to match the void that is their physical and mental state. In return however such servants will gain either the ability to feel emotion or think intelligently based on how healthy they were. A similar effect occurs to mad servants though more due to their physical health being in a constant state of flux.

However in return for these injuries the state used to inflict injuries due to it itself being weak or damaged becomes restored equivalent to the servants physical condition. In a sense Robespierre could utilize this noble phantasm to heal a servant by switching their perfectly health mental state for their physical. They will go slightly mad but their health will return to normal. Likewise he could incite a panic attack by switching the servants physical conditions for their emotional state.

In terms of how many he can target at once it generally is only single-target but he himself can be subjected to it. Rather he can only extend the number of targets to simply whomever is speaking only if he utilizes its true name. To do so he must simply begin a loud speech directed at the masses and proceed to work his noble phantasms true name into the speech, that being 'Règne Révolutionnaire de la Terreur'. In addition to now being able to switch the states of anyone who hears he can choose how specifically they manifest. For example he could choose someone's physical maladies instill an amount of terror into a person, breaking their will to resist instantly if the malady was grievous enough.

For those that can resist its effects injuries, stress, or loss of sanity caused by this noble phantasm are reduced while the benefits are the same. For example if his noble phantasm heals a what would have been fatal injury thanks to their steely mind but then attempts to inflict a fatal blow to their mental integrity the servant will feel an intense headache as they lose sanity but not enough to go mad. Merely for a while their thoughts will become scattered rather than simply gone. Similarly if he heals an enemies shattered confidence by switching their emotional state with their physical state their mental interference protection may cause what should have been a fatal injury become simply a heavy but not quite fatal or even grievous wound.

AN
    Spoiler:
    Reading about this guy was fascinating. I'm developing a love of french figures. Robespierre, known for inciting the french revolution, wasn't actually that bad of a guy. He had solid morals, he had a pretty consistent track record... all up until that point.

Anyway, enjoy!
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Blog Entries

Source: Yaz_Works

Class: Lancer
    True Name: John Morton
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: England (15th Century)

Parameters:

STR: D
    AGI: C
    MGI: C
    NP: B

Height: 191cm
    Weight: 121lbs
    Dislikes: traitors
    Talent: Serving as lord chancellor
    Natural Enemy: La Voisin, Baba Anujka
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Humanoid, Male, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: Morton's Fork
    Catalyst: The idea of Morton's Fork

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance E: He never encountered magic in life and thus gains a minimal rank in this skill.

Personal Skills:

Bell Harry Tower B: The Bell Harry Tower which he built in Canterbury Cathedral, one of the famous Cathedrals in britain. The bell itself manifests, allowing him to recreate the tollings as loud noises or vibrations that he can control, using them to push enemies back and allowing him to regroup.

Head of Courts B: He headed ovwr the English courts in his role as Lord Chancellor. As a skill, this permits him to "judge" people, testing for any crimes that they have permitted, and being able to fine them a small amount of mana if they are found guilty. This can also help him figure out his targets' true name.

Advisor to the Crown B: He was a major advisor to the court during the War of the Roses. In this skill, hegains the ability to advise people, subtly slipping in the "best plan of action" that he calculated to their toolkit.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Morton's Fork
    All Answers Lead To One Conclusion

Range: 10~40 meters
    Max Targets: 1

The sublimation of the idea of "Morton's Fork", wherein all answers lead to the exact same result, supposedly stemming from his tax collection practices: He thought "If they are living humbly, they must have a lot of saved money, so they should get large taxes, and if they are living wealthily, they must have a lot of money, so they should get large practices." This manifests in the form of a Military Fork, which he is not very adept with. When its true name is called, Morton makes a strike where "all answers lead to the same result": If an enemy evades, they jump right into positioon to be hit, if an enemy defends or blocks, they just make it easier.....

Morton's Leam
    Rose-Filled Flood

Range: 2 meters
    Max Targets: 100 Targets

The sublimation of "Morton's Leam", an ancient Fenland artificial stream constructed by him. It is also the sublimation of his authority during the War of the Roses. When its true name is called, morton swirls his spear around, gouging the earth to create an area filled with water that appears in the shape of a rose. At Morton's will, the water blasts upwards, hitting anyone nearby it.

Lore: Cardinal John Morton was an English cleric, judge and administrator who became the Archbishop of Canterbury during the War of the Roses. He is most famous of the anecdote of Morton's Fork, which supposedly stems from his tax collection practices against all during the War to add to the coffers of the royals.

Personality: A calm and serious person. He loves law and order and peace, wishing to create a perfect society at any time. However, he also loves wealth, collecting as much of it as he can for his Master and himself. He abhors those who shun peace or law and order, and his wish for the Grail is to have become more powerful in life.

Relationships:

La Voisin: "A mercenary? Really? Why?"

Baba Anujka: "Deaths are unneccecary in this society."

Pachacuti: "Excessive oversight, but that's better then less of it."

Princess de Lamballe: "Why are you Assassin class, again?"

Wei of Tang: "And thus those who disturb the peace get what they deserve."

Blog Entries
    John Morton: That spear NP is pretty clever. Reminds me kind of the one I gave my Lancer David Hume. Any thoughts on my Mechi?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    John Morton: That spear NP is pretty clever. Reminds me kind of the one I gave my Lancer David Hume. Any thoughts on my Mechi?
    Thanks for your comments Royd! Your Mechi is, as always, absolutely amazing, especially that third skill which is fascinating! And the personality is quite cool.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Saber of Lithuania
    -- Cunning Harbinger of the Grand Duchy's Apex --

"I'm your Saber, Vytautas! Whatever the key to victory could be, I promise to get to the thick of it. Can't you feel your worries melting away already?"

"Now, it's high time we started planning! What are your goals, what are your opponents', what are we up against, what do we have at our disposal!?"

Class: Saber
    True Name: Vytautas the Great
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Source: Historical fact and rumours
    Region: Lithuania
    Natural Enemy: Timur, Ulrich von Jungingen
    Armament: Sword

ParametresSTR: B
    AGI: B
    MGI: D
    LCK: B
    NP: A

Class SkillsMagic Resistance | C+

Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. At C Rank, it cancels spells with a chant below two verses. The modifier represents his additional resistance to magecraft used by the church, as his constant fighting with or against the Teutonic knights gave him a very good understanding of it.

Riding | B

Most vehicles and creatures other than Phantasmal Beasts and Divine Beasts can be handled with above average skill, even ones that didn't exist in Saber's lifetime. His rank in this Skill was achieved thanks to his great expertise as a tactician and mounted combatant.

Personal SkillsReward of the Valorous | B

Saber rose to become one of the major players in the geopolitical field of his time. He achieved the greatest territorial expansion of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania as its own state and was one of the two rulers who essentially caused the downfall of the Teutonic Order. Moreover, after the Battle of Grunwald, with the Peace of Thorn, the territory of Lithuania was bestowed upon him and his descendants beyond his lifetime in recognition of his valour, when before that it was supposed to go back to his cousin after his death. For his efforts, he became known as "the Great". Incidentally, one of his Christian names was Alexander.

As a variant on the Charisma Skill, this Skill increases the ability of allies during group battles. However, it also makes people more likely to get impressed with Saber's efforts to the point of giving him unprecedented gifts that they would normally not even dare consider giving someone else. These rewards don't have to be physical: there can also be immaterial ones, such as priceless secrets. Whatever it is he'll receive, he'll be ready to leverage as an advantage in battle as well.

"Of course I'm "Great"! But what I did for the people I loved counts more than that title, after all. I won't ever forget the look on Wład's face when we settled on that! Hahahah!"

Mirror Acumen | B

The ability to incorporate the approach to battle taken by one's enemies to battle into one's own. A Skill that typically belongs to shrewd tacticians and extremely adaptable fighters. Saber can momentarily replicate Skills that have been previously used against him. However, it's not a catch-all copy ability, and is instead limited to Skill that Saber could achieve through effort. As such, certain specific Skills are out of the question. For instance, though not all Skills that involve the supernatural are excluded, something like copying a Divine Core would be absolutely impossible with this Skill.

Saber's life-long love of tactics is an essential component of this Skill. He was an accomplished tactician, capable of assimilating any and all stratagems, including those used against him, and incorporate them within his own schemes. As a Servant especially, this extends not only to the mental realm of plans and strategies, but to physical feats as well, and in certain cases even supernatural ones. Moreover, a technique that Saber originally acquired this way left a mark on his Saint Graph, becoming itself one of his Skills as a Saber.

" 'What are your goals, what are your opponents', what are we up against, what do we have at our disposal' ... You gave me a set of answers to those questions earlier. Even so, even after having been answered, those questions continue to exist. Warfare doesn't have a fixed shape. All of those answers could still change. And when they do, as a tactician, you mustn't let that pass by you."

Disengage (False) | B+

The ability to seemingly withdraw from the battlefield in the midst of combat or reset the battle conditions, only to then earn a massive attack bonus upon reentering the fight after the Skill has been used.

A feigned retreat tactic had been used against Saber's forces by Timur in the Battle of the Vorska River, nearly wiping them out entirely and killing several of his relatives, with Saber himself only narrowly escaping with his life intact. Years later, he employed himself a modified version of that tactic during the Battle of Grunwald, one of the largest of the Middle Ages. He took the Teutonic Order completely by surprise, and his contribution decisively helped achieve a crushing victory.

"I took the strategy that crushed us in my most unforgivable defeat and made it into the strategy that led to my greatest victory. That's how a strategist should operate. Don't forget that."

Noble Phantasm(s)
    Žalgirio Kalavijas Violentiae Finis
    Grunwald Twin Sword Violentiae Finis

Range: 1~99
    Targets: 500 people

One of the two Grunwald Swords gifted by Ulrich von Jungingen, the Grand Master of the Order of Teutonic Knights, to Saber and his cousin. Both swords were originally bare, without any ornaments or preciousness to them. The gaudier appearance they show as Noble Phantasms is actually a disguise. More than the tactics used during the battle, they are a crystallisation of the acceptance of the gift and of the intent behind it. The swords were first given as mocking gifts meant to represent "Violence" and "Pride". After they humbly accepted the gifts in earnest, neither taunted nor terrified, and eventually slew the one who had sent the gift, the swords turned into their conceptual inverse. For Saber's, that meant going from "Violence" to "against Violence".

As long as the sword continues to exist and Saber has not yet triumphed, his intent to fight and win will not waver. The sword grants him a high-ranked Battle Continuation and an enhanced resistance to mental attacks that would dissuade him from his goal. Moreover, beams of light will emerge from the sword to stitch his wounds back together, though the possibility of damaging the body faster than they can repair it exists. As a smart and tactical fighter, Saber will not overrely on these aspects of the sword, and won't consider stratagems such as his Disengage (False) to be a renounce to fighting and winning. In fact, all that he'd consider a renounce to his goal would be a total and final forced surrender from which it'd be utterly impossible to come back.

Essentially, the sword keeps Vytautas continuously alive against an onslaught of constant attacks and "Violence".

Where the passive effect of the sword undoes "Violence" after it's been inflicted on him, the True Name Release actively stops "Violence" before then.

Once the True Name of this Noble Phantasm is invoked, a huge semitransparent beam shoots out from the sword. However, the beam doesn't actually damage anything. Instead, it immobilises everyone and everything it collides with, keeping it still as if frozen in time. The immobilised retain the same state they were in when they were struck by the beam, so things such as projectiles or falling rubble stop in mid-air, too. The duration of the paralysis is normally a significant amount of time, in the order of hours in most cases, but decreases sharply if Saber or his Master directly or indirectly interact with the immobilised entities during that time.

I.Vytautas's father Kęstutis and uncle Algirdas jointly ruled the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. When the latter died and Vytautas's cousin Jogalia ascended to the throne, the balance was broken and Vytautas's life was radically changed.

Soon, Jogalia signed a treaty with the Teutonic Order in preparation of waging war against Kęstutis. The latter discovered this and threw him in jail, proclaiming himself as the sole Grand Duke of Lithuania. But Jogalia escaped and returned the favour, imprisoning both Kęstutis and Vytautas in Kreva Castle. While Vytautas eventually managed to escape in disguise, his father died in prison after one week.

Since the Teutonic Order and Jogalia no longer had the common goal of overthrowing Kęstutis, their position was more ambiguous, and Jogalia had no intention of giving up territories to them as he'd promised to the Order that hadn't lifted a finger to help him. The war between them soon resumed.

Vytautas, on the other hand, with no one else left to turn to, got baptised as Alexander Vitoldus, became an ally of the Order, and promised to give up the territories they wanted if they helped him become Grand Duke. They fought against Jogalia's forces together. But as time passed, Vytautas began to question this decision. He came to have a jaded view of the Order, seeing them as less concerned about supposed mission of converting heathens and far more about expanding their territories. He realised how little care they actually paid even to whether the locals were Christian or not before launching their assaults. At the same time, he continuously reflected about the events that led him to side with them in the first place. Eventually, he got past his initial reluctance and ended up admitting to himself that, if it had been Kęstutis who had died first rather than Algirdas, for the good of Lithuania, he would've probably acted roughly in the same way as his cousin. After recognising that he had a lot more in common with Jogalia than with the Teutonic Order, he betrayed the Order.

Even so, when he first tried to break away from those knights, he had eventually needed to reconcile with the Order, because there wasn't any way to come to an agreement with Jogalia on his own back then. At that point, things had seemed rather bleak to Vytautas, stuck between a rock and a hard place.

But the circumstances changed quickly once Jogalia became king of Poland as Władysław II Jagiełło thanks to his marriage to Queen Jadwiga. After acquiring that position, he'd left for Poland, largely at the insistence of upset Polish aristocracy, and made his brother Skirgalia his regent in Lithuania. But Skirgalia was a highly unpopular regent. Vytautas managed to reconnect with his cousin, broke away from the Order again, and became the perfect replacement for Skirgalia. The new King of Poland thus made Vytautas Grand Duke of Lithuania. At the time, the Grand Duchy was still supposed to go back to Jagiełło after Vytautas's death. However, the change was far more radical than it might've seemed.

The age of the infighting between the two cousins had ended. In its place were born a rivalry between sworn allies and perfect teamwork, elements that would both lead Vytautas and Jagiełło to become among the greatest players in the geopolitical field of their time.

II.Vytautas turned his attention to the East, where he answered the call for aid of Tokhtamysh, Khan of the Golden Horde, who had recently been defeated by Timur, a rising star that claimed to be on a mission to reassemble the Mongol Empire as it was during the times of Genghis Khan. In exchange for Vytautas's help, the Golden Horde would cede part of its territories to Lithuania. Vytautas greatly expanded his domains and even took part of Crimea, leading to a Lithuania that spanned from the Baltic Sea to the Black Sea.

This wasn't a random move. On one hand, Poland had started treating Lithuania as a subordinate state whose needs were secondary and often deemed less than essential. Though Jagiełło did want to keep a firm control on Lithuania, the attitude with which Lithuania was approached by Poland in practice was largely a consequence of the demands of Polish aristocracy. On the other hand, the Teutonic Order remained a threat to Lithuania in the West. Aiding the Golden Horde was also part of a strategy to prevent that Order from attacking Lithuania and securing the Order as an ally to Lithuania specifically as opposed to Poland.

During his campaign in aid of the Golden Horde, Vytautas set in motion the first part of this plan, by giving the Order the province of Samogitia and allying with them against Timur's forces until Tokhtamysh's demands were met. But the masterstroke came afterwards. Galvanised by that campaign's success, Vytautas and Jagiełło obtained the blessing from the Pope to proceed on a full-on crusade against the Mongols.

The real motivation behind this was that, if the Pope recognised their efforts as a crusade, and Poland and Lithuania both as Christian states and defenders of the Christian faith, the Teutonic Order would have had no justification at all left to ever attack them. Jagiełło knew this would've led to more independence for Vytautas, but he decided the potential benefits outweighed the risk, and backed Vytautas's plan.

The crusade against Timur was a failure. In the Battle of the Vorska River, a false retreat tactic nearly wiped out the whole of the expedition forces, including two of Jagiełło's brothers. Vytautas himself barely survived, and had to suppress various rebellions spearheaded by aristocrats that had risen up within Lithuania as a result of his defeat. But not all was lost. He accepted his defeat, and grew immensely as a military commander through his clash with a tactician of Timur's level. And of course, though the execution had been fumbled, the main objective was still accomplished. By then, the Teutonic Order had no reason left to attack Lithuania ever again.

III.But they went at war with each other again anyway.

Samogitia, the region that Vytautas had ceded to the Teutonic Order, became strategically crucial to it because it joined their lands with those of the Livonian Order. At the same time, it was part of Lithuania proper, inhabited by the same people who spoke the same language and considered themselves Lithuanians rather than Samogitians. They couldn't bear the Teutonic Order's rule, and revolted.

It was then that Vytautas realised his error. In trying to preserve the people he cared about, he'd forced part of them to experience alienation and torture. To atone for this decision, he openly supported their rebellions. Poland-Lithuania and the Teutonic Order were once again at war.

One day, Ulrich von Jungingen, the Grand Master of the Order of Teutonic Knights, sent two envoys with two gifts to the two cousins. The twin swords of violence and pride. A mocking gift challenging them to meet on the field of battle or chicken out. Without losing composure, with honesty and humility, the two accepted the gifts, that came to be known as the Grunwald Swords.

In the Battle of Grunwald, Vytautas unleashed the same tactic with which Timur had nearly wiped out his forces and killed him by the Vorska River. The false retreat of the Lithuanian forces took the Teutonic Order completely by surprise. It was a decisive victory, and in the Peace of Worms that followed, Vytautas obtained not just Samogitia, but the right for him and his descendants to rule over Lithuania even after Vytautas would be gone. Though skirmishes continued to occur sporadically for about ten years afterwards, the Battle of Grunwald effectively marked the downfall of the Teutonic Order as a whole, unable to ever recover from it.

From then onwards Vytautas concentrated on both supporting his cousin's rule over Poland after the death of Queen Jadwiga, and on ensuring that Lithuania would escape its position as a subordinate state to Poland. Thanks to his efforts, they became separate, with their own parliaments of nobles; the two states would discuss important matters jointly, but the members of the two parliaments were granted equal status, with the Lithuanian nobles no longer in a subordinate position to the Polish aristocracy. Shortly before his death, there was even discussion of giving Vytautas the title of king, though Jagiełło ended up putting a stop to that particular proposition.

However, all this didn't last forever. With Vytautas's death, Lithuania erupted into a civil war over his succession, and its status as one of the most geopolitically relevant nations of the time was gradually lost more and more...

DescriptionLikes: "Getting on people's nerves! Hahahah! ...Well, Lithuania always came first for me. But I loved tactics. They're one of the most important things in the world for anyone looking to determine the fates of so many people. And they let you measure yourself up against others' minds in ways almost nothing else allows. Oh, and chivalry, of course. Surprised? Well, it's not chivalry as a pure idea that interests me, but its paradox. How it measures up against real life, how it compromises for the good of those you love and of those that can't defend themselves, while staying true to itself. I got plenty of occasions to think about all that, let me tell you!"
    Dislikes: "I won't pretend to be someone who fights fair. But while the end may justify the means, that's only true up to a point. Those who push that idea far enough to stop caring about all repercussions of their own actions, even when they end up destroying the hopes and dreams of the same people they were supposed to cherish, and worsening the same problems they were attempting to fix... I can't forgive them."
    Incidentally, his compatibily as a Servant with the likes of Kiritsugu Emiya is abysmal.
    Wish for the Grail: "...I'm going to be entirely honest with you. It stings to even talk about it, but... The civil war that broke out after my death. I always looked far into my country's future. I always did what I thought would be best for Lithuania and its generations to come. But I hadn't looked carefully enough to see something so simple and so close, huh.
    ...Wipe clean the blood that was spilled to decide my successor. Undo the cracks all that bloodshed opened within Lithuania because of my lack of foresight. Keep it from slaughter, from sadness, from decline. That's... what I'd change."

There's a level of smugness to Saber. He often engages in playful banter and quips coming from him occasionally during a battle, attempting to throw his opponents of guard and make mistakes. However, behind that smugness, he actually doesn't underestimate his enemies nor does he hold them inferior to him. On the contrary, he holds genuine respect for them, with the exception of those that manage to stir true hatred within him by committing acts he can't ever forgive. He's fairly merciful, but definitely not afraid to take a life or dish out cold justice on those that deserve it.

Saber enjoys talking to other famous tacticians in history, as well as knightly figures from history. While he doesn't really fit the bill for strict chivalry, he still follows the idea of chivalry in a very loose sense; he's not afraid to play dirty, but he would not want to humiliate his opponents, especially those who themselves are chivalrous.

In terms of his master, he frowns upon the way most magi carry themselves and treat others, but is usually willing to play along in order to make sure his wish is granted; however, if his master did something or forced Saber to do something that went against his own moral code, he would be totally willing to devise a plan to kill his master or get his master killed.

RelationshipsIskandar: " "Alexander the Great"? Well, that makes two of us! Hahahah! ...Although, it'd be unfair of me to pretend that our skills as tacticians are on the same level only because our names and titles match. Of course, if we went off of fame and fame only, you'd win by a landslide... But doesn't it feel off, leaving it all up to that factor? I could only dream of measuring myself against your legendary tactics before now. Say, King of Conquerors, what about some competition!?"

Jadwiga: "Your husband's done it countless times, and you've got a right to it, too, you know? Now that states aren't hanging in balance on it, feel free to call me a pain in the ass to my face at least once. I know you've thought it. It'll help us let bygones be bygones, won't it!?"

Timur: "I still haven't forgiven myself for that defeat on the Vorska River. But I've learnt from it, and used it in the best possible way I could've imagined. So, for that... Thank you. Now, we've got a score to settle, isn't that right?
    What a disappointment. The greatest tactician I've ever faced, a slave to a dimwitted bloodthirsty star. I've seen with my own eyes what a violent and cruel brute you were. But I thought that was you. What about my satisfaction, hmm? What about our clash as humans living their own lives rather than someone else's? Me fighting seriously against an unthinking puppet is just ridiculous. Bringing an end to a brutality beyond humanity... Oh, damn you, you're no fun at all!"

Ulrich von Jungingen: "Did it feel good to stomp on the mission of your Order with your shitheeled boots and get knocked into a pile of dung as your reward? Don't worry, Ulli, I know you won't fall for the same trick twice. I've got a whole host of new schemes ready for you. Oh, but just like back at Grunweld, I'm taking this far more seriously than you are. I know what you're capable of as a commander. You can't bank on me going easy on you. So you'd better have something unexpected for me, too. Or come up with it fast. I'm not here to sit around waiting."

Creators' Notes
    Quote Originally Posted by Spammin Spiff
    This has been a few months in the making! You may have noticed that this sheet is definitely not my usual formating style, and that's because this was my first servant creation collaboration! As seen, I worked on this with Serra, with me providing some of the ideas and suggestions, while Serra did the other ideas and all the formatting (he was carrying this group project dude). I originally planned on doing a sheet for Vytautus around the time of the last Secret Santa servant sheet competition, when one of the contestants had said something about doing a servant for that region. I found Vytautus and thought he sounded cool, but I couldn't figure out how to piece together a servant sheet for him. So when me Serra started talking about collaborating on he was one of the suggestions I put forward. Obviously he was chosen, and I think he turned out really good on all fronts. Honestly Serra really did a good job realizing the personality we agreed upon as well as his character. Well, of course constructive criticism is always welcome. (I also suggested some last minute changes, so if something is "meh" it's probably my fault)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serra
    I'm pretty happy you suggested Vytautas since the Baltics usually don't get a lot when it comes to Servant sheets and he has a nice amount of breadth to him which imo ended up translating into a likeable character with several interesting angles. I think his personality, relationships with the other figures involved in his story, and kit all came together pretty well. I probably wouldn't have thought on my own of streamlining his kit towards combat since I don't really have as much of an eye for that sort of thing but I think it was a good decision that was helpful for the final result
    The NP in particular is a fun part of the sheet where I feel like the collaboration worked really well, with me giving the initial suggestion for the passive part of the NP, then recontextualising it within your great idea of swords of violence and pride turning into swords against violence and against pride, and jumping off of that idea to develop the True Name Release
    If we'd split the work more cleanly perhaps I wouldn't have ended up keeping you waiting as much, but I like that we both got a say on pretty much every aspect of the sheet, and it'd be neat to work on other collabs as well at some point
    So yeah, I had fun!

Blog Entries

Archer - Ed Wood

Archer of Z-Movies

(by koyashaka. Source)

“The visionary filmmaker, the invulnerable soldier, beauty of beauties, restorer of legends, Servant Archer! Er, did you like that? It’s a good summoning speech, right?”

True Name: Ed Wood
    Alias: Edward Davis Wood Jr., Shirley, ‘The Worst Director’, Ann Gora, Akdov Telmig, King of Bad Movies
    Alt. Classes: Caster, Berserker
    Source: History
    Region: USA
    Catalyst: The single dollar he was forced to sell to the rights to Plan 9 for
    Armament: Camera, Paratrooper gun

Character: “Okay, I know, just how much bad stuff I’ve made… even stuff I’ve done. B-But I know, this next film really will be that great!”

A passionate fan of film and moviemaker of classic films, from science-fiction epics to society-delving documentaries. Well, so he’ll tell you anyway.

Ed Wood was in fact a notoriously terrible director, whose films have frequently been listed as among the worst movies ever, and Plan 9 From Outer Space the worst movie, and made regular B-Movies look like cinematic gold in comparison (he was also a rapid-fire novelist… of the same ability). And yet, he’ll still perkily act like his movies are unironically great, but less out of arrogance and more out of denial or fantasy, that he’s uncomfortable facing that he worked for so hard and long only to produce laughingstocks. Someone who’ll always say the next movie will be better, less out of certainty and more out of hope.

Other than his terrible movies, Ed Wood was next best known for wearing women’s clothing, even in secret during his time in World War II. He even acted in his own film Glen or Glenda after being unable to get trans woman veteran Christine Jorgenson to star in it. Though no stranger to making porn, he doesn’t seem to get any sexual thrill from wearing women’s clothes though, more a strong feeling of nostalgia from when he was dressed like a girl as a child. Wood still seems to go by male pronouns, yet he’ll also talk about wanting to be a ‘gorgeous blonde’ in his next life (even though Servants don’t exactly have ‘next lives’, but he hasn’t quite grasped that).

While he’s been summoned from at his ‘peak’, as opposed to his depressive, self-destructive later days, some melancholy and misery will still seep out from behind his façade of positivity and determination and isn’t above excessively drowning his sorrows. Yet it brightens him to see people, nowadays more than in his lifetime, seem to genuinely enjoy and appreciate his work, if not quite in the way he wanted it to be.

He is fascinated by the advances in modern film-making technology and culture, though doesn’t appear to understand it any more than the film tech of his time. He’ll even talk about making a ‘Plan 9 Cinematic Universe’ despite having nowhere near the means to pull it off. But it’s the Grail War he sees as the ultimate film-making opportunity, regardless of whether other Servants and Masters even want to be filmed.

Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Likes: Angora fabric, blonde women, name-dropping his connections
    Dislikes: Losing money, complaints about SFX, being asked what Plans 1 through 8 were

Relationships:

• Vlad the Impaler: “Always have to give it to Bela, he certainly played a better you than… you.”
    • William Topaz McGonagall: "Hey, your poetry actually doesn't seem that bad."
    • Black Dahlia: “Hey, I remember you from the papers. Ooh, how about I write that you were dissected by aliens? I know, probably not what happened, but it’s the most exciting answer, that’s the thing!”
    • Heinlein: “Huh, you seem really annoyed by the idea of a Starship Troopers adaptation. Shame, because I had some really inspired ideas for one!”
    • Zaroff: “Oh yeah, the Hunt. Er, you’re gonna move real slow when you’re coming after me, right?”
    • Christina: “Wow, you… don’t look much at all like Great Garbo. Ah well, that’s the magic of movies!”
    • Chaplin: “M-Mister Chaplin, it’s an honour meeting you. Huh, my script needs some serious reworking? Why, I thought it was fine as is?”
    • Cesare: “Such marvellous set design! But tell me, yours fell over just as much as mine did, right? Oh yeah I forgot, you’re not the talkative type…”
    • Glinda: “Oh, I’m onto you! Any seasoned filmgoer knows you’re really the villain!”
    • Dorothy: “Okay, I can see you’re going for that ‘grittier remake’ vibe? Would’ve loved to work with Miss Garland though.”
    • Carmen Miranda: “Ooh, Senora Miranda, I’ve got the perfect- Huh, rejected? B-but I haven’t even pitched anything yet.”

Master: Anyone terrible at actually being a magus.
    Natural Enemy: Michael Medved, Dolores Fuller
    Wish: To use the footage gathered from the Grail War to create an even 'greater’ masterpiece than Plan 9. On the side, also says he’d like to be ‘reincarnated as a gorgeous blonde’.
    Keywords: So Bad It’s Good, Worst Movies Ever Made, Angora, ‘Stupid Minds’
    Rarity: 1/5

Parameters
    • Strength: ***** D
    • Endurance: ***** C
    • Agility: ***** D
    • Magic: ***** E
    • Luck: ***** E
    • Noble Phantasm: ***** E

Class Skills

Independent Action

Ability for a Servant to keep going without a Master's mana supply.

• Rank C: As a struggling filmmaker, Archer is well-accustomed to having to scrape by on his own, though can only be called so independent with film being a collaborative medium. Can remain manifested in this world for a day.

“Please don’t tell me they’ve cut my funding, er, I mean mana?”

Magic Resistance

Built-up resistance to magic.

• Rank E: Magic is not nullified but is somewhat reduced. It could be argued Archer has had exposure to ‘movie magic’, but he displays not even an acclimatisation to that.

“Hey, I’ve dealt with SFX failures, I can handle a fireball or whatever!”

Personal Skills

Camera Shot

Ability to combine handling of firearms with handling of film shooting.

• Rank D: Both a World War II paratrooper and prolific filmmaker, Archer can apply his knowledge of wielding guns to wielding a camera, including focusing on a target and switching aim between targets. As a certain detective in Plan 9 displays however, Archer seems pretty lax about gun safety.

“Alright, just hold it there. No wait, maybe a little to the left, little to the left…”

Golden Rule

The talent to amass and maintain wealth.

• Rank E: While poor and struggling through most of his life, Archer did possess a knack for securing film funding from unusual sources, most famously getting Baptists to fund Plan 9 from Outer Space and was extensive in his use of cost-cutting measures.

“Someone somewhere will always want to see your art get made! Just… not always the people you expect.”

SFX

Manifestation of a fictional world through scenography.

• Rank E: In Archer’s case, with him being so inept with cinematography and willing to make do with the least impressive effects, he can only manifest an entirely unconvincing filmic world. This ‘world’ still imparts an odd fascination effect, however.

“It’s ingenuity of props, that’s what it is. A real director never lets what little they have restrain them!”

Unyielding Will

High physical and mental resistance derived from continuation despite the odds.

• Rank D: Archer was continuously dedicated to the art of filmmaking despite a clear lack of talent and negative reception, always trying to achieve his dream of cinematic masterpiece. Which he arguably did, if not in the way he intended. In addition to his moviemaking passion, he also spent World War 2 avoiding damage to completely hide his preference for dressing feminine, even if just how much he was involved in the action can be questioned.

“There’s nothing that says my next feature won’t be a great movie, I just know it!”

Noble Phantasm

Plan 9 From Outer Space
    The Best Worst Movie

Type: Anti-Immersion

“Of course it looks completely unrealistic, it’s suspension of disbelief! Er, artistic license? Aesthetic choice?”

The crystalisation of his ‘Magnum Opus’ film Plan 9 From Outer Space, and all the filmmaking ‘techniques’ from across his career that made his movies unforgettable… for all the wrong reasons.

Drawing on both his low Camera Shot and even lower SFX Skills, Archer becomes able to inflict his terrible SFX usage on anything within his camera’s range. The Phantasm enforces the attributes of ‘fake’ and ‘unconvincing’ on all within shot, destructive to Heroic Spirits in particular as it can render people unable to be convinced by their Legend.

Ships and other vehicles will look like obvious, stapled-together props, swords and spears like they’re made of cardboard, locations like studio sets that barely resemble the place they’re supposed to be. But this Phantasm can also affect an enemy Servant’s appearance and charisma, cursing them to communicate in a more stilted and redundant manner. On the extreme end, his Phantasm even appears able to distort the flow of time, switching from bright day to dark night and back in an instant.

Most worrying about this Noble Phantasm is how Archer seems completely unaware of its actual effects, in his mind it’s no less than the footage that becomes destined to make a masterpiece. Or maybe he does in fact know what it does but doesn’t want to admit that’s his legacy.

Author's Note: Topaz McGonagall over in the Monthly Contest certainly was an inspiration here. Tried to make his personality not just a copy-paste of his portrayal in the Tim Burton biopic, but some inspiration inevitably snuck in

Blog Entries
    Ed Wood: Okay this is a pretty amazing sheet. The justification of his pseudo-genderbend is fitting and the Camera Shot Skill actually an ingenious way of entwining the two sides of his legend. That NP sounds like it's actually pretty powerful even if he's oblivious to how it works.

Blog Entries

Source: Fanpop

Class: Caster
    True Name: Roland Barthes
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Place of Origin: France (20th Century)
    Stars: 3/5

Parameters:

STR: C
    END: C
    AGI: C
    MGI: B
    NP: B

Height: 191cm
    Weight: 110lbs
    Dislikes: The "Will of the Author"
    Talent: Writing essays
    Natural Enemy: Oda Nobunaga
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Humanoid, Male, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Armament: A quill
    Catalyst: His essay collection "Mytholegies"

Class Skills:

Item Creation D: Close to incapable of creating items, he can merely create writing implements.

Territory Creation C: Can create a studio lower in rank then a Workshop from which to work.

Personal Skills:

Mythologies A: His essay collection "Mythologies", discussing modern myths and how they work. Firstly, this passively boosts mystery around him, endlessly creating minor "Myths" that fuel mystery and enhance him. And secondly, he can create a "myth" about any object that spreads by word of mouth, though he prefers not to use this.

S/Z A: The sublimation of the five tags he created in his essay S/Z, each of which he can label a concept with: The Enigma tag will delay the resolution of anything, Proairactic tag causes a sense of anticipation, Semic allows him to gain more details, Symbolic allows him to trace the dsymbols, and Cultural allows him to collect the background information.

The Fashion System B: The sublimation of his essay "The Fashion System", where he discusses utilizing signs and switching them effortlessly using a fashion analogy. This allows him to change the "identification" or "tag" of an object to change its perception, although it doesn't stay for very long: for example he can switch the identification of a blade of grass into a snake to make it appear like a snake.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Death of the Author
    The Creator's Perspective Has No Meaning

Range: 10 meters
    Max Targets: 100 targets

The sublimation of his most famous essay, Death of The Author. This essay discusses how the author's perspective should, from his point of view, be discarded, with the interpretation merely being that of the reader and not the creator. A Noble Phantasm which allows the "effectiveness of anything" to be up to the will of the people, the will of the readers, which can of course be swayed by his tags and myths. This can be used defensively to weaken a strike or Noble Phantasm, or Offensively to make something seem more powerful and thus gain more power.

Lore: Roland Barthes was a famous French critic, philosopher, and essayist most noted for his discussions of signs and words in Fashion System, his Five Tags from his critique known as S/Z, his essay collection, collected from his magazine articles, called Mythologies, and especially his essay known as Death of the Author.

Personality: A calm, elegant person. He adores hearing the view of the people on opinions, and usually disregards that of the creator or the actor or inventor, for it holds major bias. However, he is also willing to sway the view of the people by altering the perception of the object, to ensure his thoughts are the will of the people. His wish is merely to be able to control perception more.

Relationships:

Oda Nobunaga: "Why do you wish to take myths away? Seems they would be quite useful for you."

Leonardo Da Vinci: "Hmm... the people say your art is impressive, and I'm inclined to agree."

Nikola Tesla: "Your inventions are incredible, and it seems the people agree."

Hans Christian Anderson: "Aren't your works just so minor? ... seems the people agree! Marvelous!"

William Shakespeare: "Overrated, don't the people think?"

Vincent Van Gogh: "How marvelous, though insane."

I usually don't do this, but, does anyone have any feedback or comments on the servant Serra and I did?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'll have some once I get to it, but I'm still going through contest Servants

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spammin Spiff View Post
    I usually don't do this, but, does anyone have any feedback or comments on the servant Serra and I did?
    Solid fucking sheet- first of all, despite the amount of text, y'all had the ability to do a good job formatting so it wasn't painful to read at all. History and Personality let me know exactly who the guy was, and I think the stats are pretty damn fitting- had some initial qualms with the sword rank, but after A. seeing it had a timestop, and B. reading the background to get the full context of what it stood for, yeah, I can fuck with it being A. Good shit

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spammin Spiff View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty good. I've actually gotten to play the Lithuania and Poland campaign in Age of Empires II because of this sheet. I wonder if you're planning on a Jadwiga sheet next?
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty good. I've actually gotten to play the Lithuania and Poland campaign in Age of Empires II because of this sheet. I wonder if you're planning on a Jadwiga sheet next?
    I've actually been working on a Jadwiga sheet for a while now. Not with Serra though, the Jadwiga sheet I'm just doing solo. When we were putting together Vytautus, I suggested an interaction on the with Jadwiga because I had already been working on her.

Blog Entries
    Baltic mythology caught my interest a while ago. The mythology i learned there is part of the broader slavic mThology and influenced my hevelius sheets
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.