Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mahou Tsukai no Hako : Starlit Marmalade manga

no bully, she's still learning

done translating last chapter, will be done in a couple of days

Done. Just in case someone didn't know, this manga was an adaptation of the first volume of the DramaCD with the same name. Currently, Starlit Marmalade is composed of two volumes witch two discs each. The story was written by OKSG, one of the oldest TM members. If someone wants to spoil me Vol.2 go ahead. Spoilers below.
    Spoiler:
    This felt kinda rushed with just one volume. Some things were left off that could’ve improved this adaptation vastly. The biggest one is actually showing Mayuzumi and the others being controlled by Sarashina, to add more to her character being abusive. Turns out she was capable of making them her puppets and stored them in the school pool. They intervene a bit during the fight. They also cut the Chikagi walking down a staircase sequences and some interaction with Chidori that would’ve cleared one thing or two about their relationship. And the epilogue, I guess; after this, Hibino and Chikagi start working at Ahnenerbe. The rest is story. It’s not bad, but it could’ve been way better.
    There's an extra chapter that came out in some issue of the Comp. Ace. Probably prior to February 2014. Here's a page:
    Spoiler:
    If someone knows a way to get it, send me a message either here or the blog. Also if someone wants Hibichika Time translated, provide me with RAWs. . Also is the WYSIWYG editor acting up or is it just me? Well fuck it, for some reason it's escaping characters
    Last edited by Crown; March 8th, 2020 at 01:07 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    Thanks for the translation. That extra chapter is in TM Ace 9. I can upload it on Mega later if there aren't any easy downloads for it.

That would help a lot. I think I skipped archiving that TM Ace. And no problem, I try to tackle less known works.
    Last edited by Crown; March 8th, 2020 at 02:17 PM.

Got them. Thank you very much.

done

now they throw in Narbareck's name too

lmao this series

so apparently the triten we see had a piece stolen and someone made a faker scripture out of it

I didn’t understand anything at all! I suppose the original Drama CDs were longer and explain stuff better?

Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    Done. Just in case someone didn't know, this manga was an adaptation of the first volume of the DramaCD with the same name. Currently, Starlit Marmalade is composed of two volumes witch two discs each. The story was written by OKSG, one of the oldest TM members. If someone wants to spoil me Vol.2 go ahead.
    I found a few character summaries and light plot summary for Volume 2 on /u/ archive of all places.

https://archived.moe/u/thread/2843817/#2846235

The guy messes up one detail, Caubac's labyrinth in Fate/Labyrinth isn't ever stated to be the one he locked himself in if I recall correctly. But it's a good summary.

Glad to know that I translated most of those details right. Didn't expect such a thing come up in /u/ though. Guess it's someone shipping HibixChika.

Thank you. There's a whole world of DramaCDs with interesting content out there.
    Last edited by Crown; March 20th, 2020 at 02:25 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    >>2846239
    The audio drama itself is a mix of SoL, some plot and a couple of battles.
    The whole thing Chikagi was trying to figure out what to do with Hibiki during the upcoming summer vacation. Usually she spends her vacations at home doing nothing. But now she has Hibiki and, apparently, Chikagi doesn’t see her life without that idiot anymore. In the end she invited Hibiki to her home(which is a big deal to Chikagi) in the most tsundere way possible
    Pretty succinct and on the point summary of the vol 2.
    Probably 70% SOL, 10% Battles, 20% Plot
    They don't take too long to listen to.
    The battles are basic at best. Main draw is the driving mystery and character's relationship with the Church and Alcatraz.

Seemed like Vol 3 was going to be summer vacation.
    Last edited by You; March 20th, 2020 at 04:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

That's another Vol.3 I'm waiting for.

new DDL folder. First post updated. Vol.2 adaptation when.