Page 1 of 12 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: [QUEST] - Fate/Blumenkrieg: The Threefold War of Flowers

Blog Entries

[QUEST] - Fate/Blumenkrieg: The Threefold War of Flowers

The Holy Grail War

A ritual established by three families of magi who sought to reach the Swirl of the Root. An event unlike any other which drew the curious gazes of all to its prize.

An unlimited wish.

The rules were simple.

Seven magi are selected by the Grail to face off in combat as Master, each having summoned their own Servant to do battle until only one remained to claim the grail for themselves.

Unfortunately...

It failed.

Unlike what its creators intended, the temptation of the ritual was too much for most, attracting the denizens of the Moonlit World like moth to a flame.

Psychics, spellcasters, executioners, apostles...

As a result, the first Grail War became a bloated mess, lost amidst the sea of blood and chaos as dozens of legendary warriors ravaged the lands of Fuyuki in search of the golden chalice, scarring it as they waged war against one another.

A complete failure on all fronts.

Its makers, however, were unwilling to give up, and thus the ritual was restructured, moved from Japan to continental Europe, where it was reestablished as The Great Holy Grail War. Separated into two groups, Masters were expected to collaborate in order to defeat the other faction and claim the Holy Grail.

14 Servants

14 Masters

Unleashed into Europe, the magus spared to expense. Alliances were made, contracts were sighed and the old continent became engulfed into a conflict of scale never before seen. The battle had been long and hard won, and it was won indeed! Just not by whom the creators intended.

Swooping into the world stage with a vengeance, the Yggdmillennia Clan was formed by the surviving members of the coalition of Magus Families who had joined together to defeat the group established by the three families under the command of Darnic Preston Yggdmillennia. With the Grail's unlimited wish on hand, the group declared their independence of the Mages Association, swearing to create a new haven those who wish to perpetuate the art of Magecraft.

It has been 50 years since then...

Now the call to arms has been issued once again to all those willing to put their lives on the line for the sake of a wish. And as the eyes of the world turn towards the Old Continent, new rules have been announced to herald the dawn of a new Holy Grail War.

White Lily!

Red Clover!

Blue Rose!

Three factions! Twenty one Servants!

Blumenkrieg, the Threefold War of Flowers, begins!

RULES:
    - Players will make a character within the established parameters and join one of the three Factions.

- Chapters will be separated into sections (Morning, Afternoon, Night)

- At the end of each section, the Players will be posed with 3 options.

- The selected option will decide the course of the story and unlock different Paths and Endings.

- Once every 3 chapters, the Players will be given an 'Extra Choice'

- The Players's progress will be saved at key moments of the story.

- Should the Players encounter a dead end, they may choose to select a different option by spending an Extra Choice or return to the previous Save point.

FACTIONS:
    White Lily: The defending champions and leaders of Milleniumstadt. After decades of isolation following Darnic's victory, the Yggdimillennia Clan has announced the coming of a new Holy Grail War, daring all comers who dare and steal from them.

Blue Rose: An elite taskforce assembled by the Mage's Association in a bid to retrieve the Greater Grail from the Yggdimillennia and destroy the upstart faction which humiliated them decades ago.

Red Clover: Perhaps the most mysterious of the three. The Red Clover faction is a mysterious group which has intruded upon the Great Holy Grail War, turning it into a three way conflict for the wish. Nobody knows what their objective is, or who is their Leader.

[CHARACTER CREATION]

To start, all participants will settle on a name, appearence and a background from the following list for their Protagonist. Details such as abilities and personality will be revealed over the course of the story. I ask that all those making suggestions also select a faceclaim so I can better envision the character. As this is my first Quest, I will be picking the character who will be the Protagonist. However, all other decisions will be left up to a vote between participants.

BACKGROUNDS
    The Exile: Due to reasons known only to you, your family has cast you out in order to save face. Living out amongst the massess, you have been cut off from all connections from the Moonlit World for a while now, forced to rummage for scraps as you seek to advance your craft.

Last Scion: Your family has been put through the grinder these past few generations. Despite being from a relatively well known and respected family, tragedy has struck one too many times and left you as the last member of your family, forcing you to take decisive action or risk having your legacy fall into obscurity.

On the Run: You have uncovered something rare, something forbidden. Though you were careful, somehow word got out to the Mage's Association of your findings, and now you are being targeted as either a guinea pig or a reagent. Paranoia is your best friend.

First Generation: You are a nobody, unimportant to all those who surround you. Though your craft is less developed than others, you have the valuable advantage of anonimity and a hunger to prove yourself an equal to your peers. Surviving will prove to be difficult, but everyone loves an underdog.

Wildcard: You didn't mean to join the conflict, you were simply selected for some deeply hidden motive or as part of some whim of Fate. Survival is your concern, first and foremost.
    Last edited by Wyvern; February 29th, 2020 at 10:36 AM.

Name: Tiberius II Maximilian

Background: Last Scion

Appearance: Average height, thin, clearly noble features, slightly bookish, pale blond hair and blue eyes, prefers formal robes or suits.

Background: The second son of Augustus IV Maximilian IV, Tiberius inherited his crest not from his father, but from his brother. Unlike his tall, handsome, powerfully built older brother, Tiberius is a shy, polite young man who's only had to experience a few hardships outside of his scholastic career. Amongst the Moonlit World he could be considered passive and without great interest. That is, until his fatally wounded sibling, whom Tiberius worshipped, crashed into his workshop. Bleeding from many wounds, the young man bled out on the floor of the dirty room, his last act being to transfer their family's crest to his brother. Even worse, at the stroke of midnight Augustus rose from the dead, now an Apostle, and violently fled the magi who had come to take him into custody.

Now, Tiberius seeks the grail to save his cursed family member, avenge the suffering his brother endured, and, hopefully, avoid succumbing to the temptations of a blue blooded noble!

Face Claim:
    manage post size
    Last edited by The Eternal Old Man; February 28th, 2020 at 09:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    Name: Lolita Morella

Appearance:

Faceclaim

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Name: Kazuki Soga (Western formation)

Background: Wildcard

Appearance:
    Faceclaim

The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zikari8 View Post
    Name: Lolita Morella

Appearance:

Faceclaim
    +1

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Name: Magnus De la Gardie
    Background: On the Run

Appearance:

US Friend Code
    +1 to Zikari's, with the caveat that we change the name to Dolores Morella
    False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Hmm... Spoonyviking's FC so far is the best one. It has literally dozens of alternate expressions. If I want to keep claiming to be the kind of FCs, I'll need to do one better... I'm inclined to go for First Generation, but... I still need to think about it.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Day 0 - Prologue 1

A sharp pain jostled her awake, a stinging warmth emanating from the side of her face.

Blinking blearily, she slowly opened her eyes, sunlight filtering through the window and directly onto her face.

“Finally awake, Miss Morella?”

The world sharply came into focus, revealing the interior of a luxury vehicle with the gaudiest set of leather seats and black tinted windows, enough to prevent her from seeing what was outside the vehicle.

A thin film of confusion still coated her vision, the lingering desire to close her eyes as too bright light pricked at them, but she pushed through.

Across from her, and giving her a look that told her exactly what he’d like to do, was an odd looking man wearing a dark red trench coat over a decidedly pricier tuxedo. He was tall, oddly so considering he was in such a relatively small though expensive car, with blonde hair and sickly pale skin. She could spot veins running faintly along his throat, dark blood contrasting with his near transparent complexion.

She could smell a faint aroma of burnt hazelnuts, its richness coating the back of her tongue.

Her nose wrinkled in distaste.

She hated hazelnuts.

“I suppose you have questions.” The man’s lips pulled back into a sickly grin, light purple eyes shining with malicious glee.

“Where am I being taken?” She cut to the point. Morella still took the chance to eye the rest of the car’s occupants. That included a driver, separated from them by an opened privacy window, one young woman, and another, slightly older man. The men were wearing nondescript jogging clothes, upmarket enough to look reputable, unremarkable enough to fit any working man you could imagine. Notably, the woman was wearing a pantsuit and had specifically done everything she could to pull off the “harried middle class mother” look.

The question seemed to amuse the man.

“Oh? You wake up in the back of a mysterious car, surrounded by strange men, and the first thing you want to know is where it is going?”

Red orbs stared at him, unimpressed. Lifting her hands, she shook the chains wrapped around her wrists at him.

“Victorio Bellefronte, Policies Department.”

He chuckled lightly, a rasping sound like sandpaper. Morella was more concerned by the fact she couldn’t feel her circuits. Even the Od within her body felt… cold. Sluggish.

“Well now, you do seem to know my face at the very least. Can you tell me what that means? Is Dolores Morella, the last daughter of that ancient seeress, capable of divining my purpose here?”

She clicked her tongue in annoyance.

“Policies only gets involved with official disputes and sealing designations. I don’t fall into the latter, so I can only imagine you are here on behalf of someone else.”

The official clapped at her answer.

Slowly. Mockingly.

“Exemplary, Miss Morella. I would award you a gold star if I had one on me.”

Her lips curled in distaste, the numbed thrum of her circuits doing little to assuage her mood.

“If you would stop with the pleasantries and get to the point of this meeting, Mr Bellefronte.”

The two thugs sitting next to her stiffened, a familiar warmth emanating through their bodies as they made to strike her.

Only for a hand to stop them.

“Come now, Gentlemen. It is bad form to get too rough with a Lady.”

The enforcers relaxed, falling back to position at her sides. Bellefronte aimed a mocking smirk towards her.

“You are, nonetheless, correct.” The man pulled something from his pocket, a note written in parchment. “According to this missive, the Rosenberg Family has put forth a request for due restitution of the debt owed to them by the Morella Family, which has failed to meet their demands within the allotted space of time.”

She felt her veins run cold, ice coiling around her heart.

“As such, the current Lord of House Rosenberg has decided to act within its rightful boundaries and claim as many of House Morella’s resources as is appropriate in order to settle the debt. Your family crest should suffice, Lady Dolores Morella.”

The young woman drew back in short, breath coming short in a panicked hiss.

“But that would cripple my…”

“Your circuits? Yes, the procedure is known to leave certain side effects after all.”

She glared coldly at the man, stark white knuckles gripping the hem of her shirt as he blattered on about the other ‘possible’ horrific injuries one might incur by the invasive procedure.

She bit her tongue. No matter what, she would not show this scoundrel anything more than he deserved. She wouldn’t give him the satisfaction.

Thunder boomed in the distance, the pitter patter of raindrops splashing around the car.

Not unusual in and of itself, not in Blighty Old England, what was unusual was how the hair stood up on her skin. The taste of metal thick on her tongue. Ozone clogging up her nose. How even the clothes on her skin began to wrinkle.

Dolores knew it. Something was wrong.

Locking eyes with the older male enforcer, she lifted her chained wrists. A warning clear on her voice.

And then her world exploded.

Raw, undiluted power filled the car. Lighting, in its purest form, shredded the interior of the car, flipped the husk of the vehicle, and sent the small metal coffin flying along the road.

Tasting blood, Morella shakily wrestled her way back to consciousness. Somehow, despite the concussion she was sure she had and the blood covering her chest and arms, she was alive. Ash fell around her wrists. Half of the chains holding her were gone, at least physically speaking. Without access to her own magic she wouldn’t be able to learn much of its mystical properties, but for now she at least her full range of motion back.

Climbing to her feet, which took about thirty seconds of pained breathing, she started looking around.

Bellefronte was gone. Maybe dead, but she doubted that roach had been killed that easily. However, Morella did identify a few scraps of his pretentious suit that were left. Bloodstained scraps. As for the enforcers….

The first was stuck in the ruins of the driver’s seat. Metal was fused to flesh and a shard had punched through his eye, clearly killing him. His pockets were still exposed, though, and Morella thought she might see what looked like a glinting ring attached to his belt.

More graphically, the second had been split in half. His torso was resting on top of the ruins of a car door, the older man’s legs a few meters away and his intestines splayed between the two halves. Oddly, a pair of glasses were hanging out of his coat pocket and seemingly sparking.

And finally the young woman, her corpse wrapped around what looked like a wooden staff or stave. Somehow, it had appeared or, perhaps, had been mystically concealed before the blast. The staff’s head was sparking and glowing. Much like the glasses and the ring.

Looking up, Morella felt her heart stop. In the sky, splitting the heavens in half, was a glowing man unleashing bolts of lightning at the city below. His shadow projected through heavy thunderclouds by brief flashes of light. He looked gigantic, with eyes glowing with power, though his form was obscured by the clouds

He didn’t seem to notice her, being turned away from where the car had been, but the… being was clearly attacking indiscriminately.

All around her, she could hear the booming thunderclap, flashes of light raining down from the sky like the wrath of a furious god laying judgement upon the unworthy.

An arching bolt blew throw a building nearby, a fiery explosion rippling through the street and nearly throwing her into the ground again.

It was time for her to get moving. But first things first, she needed a way out of the thrice damned cuffs!

“What should I do….”

Choice Time!

1 - Call for help!
    2 - Seek shelter!
    3 - Loot the bodies!
    Last edited by Wyvern; March 2nd, 2020 at 12:06 PM.

3. Might as well start looting right out the gate.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    My true power...
    Also my only power, but don't tell ANYONE.

Okay, I've got several FCs that I am confident people will like:

Draconic's FC Emporium
    Whatever gets chosen, for I am quite confident, will receive a Token, similar to those used by Daneel. More tokens available on-demand.
    All FCs have 3 or more facial expressions.

Last edited by Draconic; February 29th, 2020 at 09:48 PM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries

Now Revamped!

Blog Entries

Evil of Humanity Half-Blood Master's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, July 20th 2019
    We gave HBM, of all people, access to a morals loosening field
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, December 25th 2019
    Senta deserves the right to a life where she gets to choose if she's actually a Nazi
    True Rider
    A wise and beautiful woman who exudes an aura of grace. She is a sly, cunning, manipulative person who always gets what she wants, whether through trickery or ruthlessness. Her own fighting abilities are low, but she should not be trifled with. What does she ride? Men, of course!

Blog Entries
    Time: 10:35 AM
    I.D: Dolores Morela
    Condition: Stable
    Magic Circuits: Sealed

Day 0 - Prologue 2

Dolores carefully approached the smoking remains of the car, eyes pointing upwards just in case the mysterious… thing attacking the city decided he had missed a spot and sent another wave of electric death her way.

Water had already started pooling over the street as the ongoing storm seemed to pick up the pace.

The roar of thunder going off like fireworks.

Continuous explosions, terrible flashes of light followed by smoke and the screams of London’s residents.

Dolores took a steadying breath, shelving the absurdity of the situation for later.

She needed to get these chains off. Without her craft, she was likely to die as thing’s stood.

“One of them has the key… I hope.” If Bellefronte has kept the release mechanism for her chains then she was screwed. Right now her magic was slowly circulating, if only just, and that was with the physical medium constraining her mostly gone. Whatever this artifact was, it was nasty.

And that meant it would probably have lasting side effects.

“I suppose the leader would probably have them, but would that be the driver, the woman who probably grabbed me, or the old man.” With enforcers, one never knew. There was always a good chance that their physical appearance was more of a suggestion than anything else.

“Well, better get to it.” Rooting around in the old man’s entrails, Morella found what was left of his pelvis and, subsequently, his pockets. “Disgusting, but at least there’s money.” Opening up his wallet, she tossed the pictures aside, what looked like his wife and kids, and pulled out the cash, credit card, and the one business card she found inside.

“Amery and Amory? That name seems oddly familiar. Probably not a coincidence.”

Patting down his mostly intact jacket, she pulled the no longer glowing glasses out and found absolutely nothing else.

“Clearly magical… but do I dare test them?” Letting her prana trickle out a smidge, she felt the familiar thrum of her circuits humming to life. Only to receive a nasty shock.

She winced “Perhaps later.” Glancing around at the still being ravaged city, Morella moved on to the next body and hoped against hope that she wasn’t about to get blown up. The wind seemed to be picking up.

Not a good sign. Especially not since the air itself seemed to crackle with an unnatural charge.

Patting the driver down, she grabbed the ring off his belt, any protections fried by the attack that had freed her, pulled a concealed handgun out of a belt holster. Trying to rack the slide, she tossed it away in disgust upon realizing the thing’s internals had been fused in place. Grabbing the man’s wallet, this thankfully on a belt clip next to the holster, she pulled out more cash but everything else was ruined.

“I hope the credit card’s magnetic strip is still working.” Hearing another boom of lightning in the distance, this time answered by a lowd, howling gale, she moved towards the final enforcer. “Shit, is that her!

Kicking the dead Enforcer’s body off of the staff, Dolores fell to her knees, groped the woman’s jacket, and, after finding a small incision made on the inside of the lining, pulled out a few gems she could tell were charged with magic and a small, ornate key.

Unfortunately, the woman had no wallet or purse to search.

“Let’s hope this works.” Gritting her teeth, she inserted the key in the lock and screamed as what felt like pure, unadulterated lightning raced through her body. It took a bit, but, as wind and lightning clashed in the heavens, she managed to turn to her side and vomit.

Wiping her mouth, mostly driven by desperation, Morella climbed to her feet.

“M-maybe that was-” She dry heaved, stomach cramping and screaming in pain and thankfully empty. Spitting, she reached over and grabbed the staff. “Maybe the chains held a charge from the attack… and I completed the circuit. Probably… probably should have waited till I got somewhere safe to do that.”

Her body involuntarily twitched with flashes of pain, becoming numb at certain places. Namely the region around her back and arm. Using the staff to leverage her body, Dolores did her best to hobel away from the smoking carcass, the stink of ozone and cooked human making her stomach twitch and swirl with disgust.

‘At least its not Hazelnuts.’ Silver linings and whatnot.

That was when a sudden, violent gust of wind rocked the area. Gale force nearly lifting her off her feet despite her rooting herself to the ground with the staff. It wasn’t as bad as the car being hit by lightning, but when a second blast hit her she lost her footing, tumbling again.

She growled in annoyance, pushing herself off the road and onto the sidewalk.

Finally taking a moment to regard her surroundings, the young heiress was faced with a nearly empty street. What cars were around had been quickly abandoned as the storm rained death upon them. She could make out faint screams, not that the whistling winds and roaring thunder let her hear much.

The average citizens were likely running to find whatever shelter they could find when the storm picked up steam. Just like she should be right now.

Dolores propped herself against a nearby building. Finally off the rain, she carefully watched as the titans did battle overhead.

A lightning bolt cut through the clouds, vertically, its light illuminating the heavens

Aside from the large man who’d nearly smote her a few minutes ago, the green haired girl could make off another shadow floating high above the clouds, this one much smaller and slimmer than the hulking brute.

They clashed once again, the roar of thunder shaking her body, causing windows nearby to shatter forcefully.

“So this is the Clocktower’s response. I suppose I should feel awed.” Mostly, the young woman felt numb. Being kidnapped, nearly killed, and then stranded near the epicenter of such a horrific battle had a way of making one’s worries… shut down.

“A Magus walks with Death, I suppose.” The wind and lightning shattered the skies, great blasts of magical energy colliding above the city. “But are these truly Magi?” All of a sudden, a torrent of lightning streamed towards the second shadow, all of the heavens filled with its golden light. As the thunder and displaced air rebounded, every window she could see exploded from the overpressure wave.

Turning and running, pulling her robes over her head to protect her from the glass rain, Morella ran. She ran and ran and ran. This was no battle of mortals, but like something out of legend. Engines roared over head, loud even over the screaming gale around her, and she dared look up for only a moment.

Mundane aircraft, dozens of them, were battling against the storm. Even as half of them were pulled from the heavens by blasts of lightning, other drove forward. Even as more and more were shattered and left to crash into the Earth, nothing but burning husks, they pushed forward. At the very climax, a small handful left alive, they unleashed a torrent of missile. Bright fire lit up the heavens, consuming the man who’d been wielding the lightning just moments before, and then…!

Nothing. A great, echoing laugh, somehow carried by the storm echoed through the gutted city. On and on it went, filled with unbridled joy, and Morella knew that, that was no man.

No longer in shock, witnessing the God smite the last of the surviving planes, a second omnidirectional burst of lightning killing every single fighter in the air, she turned and ran.

Whoever and whatever that thing was, Dolores Morella could not fight it head on.

She had to escape.

But where? And how?Swiftly, she scanned her surroundings for an escape route.

There, a good thirty feet away from her, and towards the ongoing fight, she could see an opening between buildings, an alley. Probably leading to the next street over. Closer, yet no less unpleasant, was a manhole. The underground was likely one of the safest places to be right now.

Revolting as the thought was. She had to have some pride after all.

Her last option was to try and outrun the storm, buildings could collapse on top of her, and the sewers, despite being safer, could cave in if they hit the ground hard enough.

‘Argh! Decisions, decisions. I need to leave now or I’m dead!’

Now, where to?

Choice Time!

1 - Through the alleyway!

2 - Down the manhole!

3- Leg it out of there!

Congratulations, you have added the following Mystic Codes to your inventory!
    Spoiler:
    - Gandr Staff (100%)
    - Mana Jewels (5 / 100%)
    - Mystic Lenses (100%)
    - Ring of Concealment (100%)

About Inventory!
    Consumable items that lose effectiveness the more they are used. They provide additional options in most circumstances and can be to turn a bad situation around. Just watch out for their decay rate. The more a mystic code is used, the less effectiveness it will have. Once the counters hit 0%, the item will stop working altogether.

Magic Circuits have been unsealed.

Current status: Numbed.

About Status and Health!
    Magic Circuits regulate the body's inner flow of od, which can then be combined with an outside source to produce mystical effects, known by magi as Magecraft. At the start of every chapter, the condition of the circuits will be displayed. However, indepth information has yet to be unlocked.

Last edited by Wyvern; March 1st, 2020 at 07:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    1 - Through the alleyway!

Now Revamped!