Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Reddit user's opinions that I want to talk about.

Why are you still here

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipRow View Post
    True... I got nothing. It's weird indeed. Sakura is the most disliked heroine. For the longest time people used the "It's because Heaven's Feel wasn't animated" excuse. Now we have the movies (and they ironically piss people off by cutting some Kirei and Illya stuff) and there are still people who dislike her. I'm not even sure it's the "used goods" meme. Personally I don't like her personality. She's too meek and her (and some of her fans') inferiority complex is annoying. Heaven's Feel is honestly the most messy route. You get people saying they hate that Shirou abandons his ideals for Sakura, that it is stupid to go from UBW where he'll follow them no matter what to HF where he drops them as soon as he's faced with a decision. But to say that Shirou is as bad as Zouken because he didn't magically solve everything for Sakura is just... Not to mention that that VN screenshot I linked can be interpreted in many different ways. I don't see it as Shirou saying he knew or even suspected something on that level, I see it as him having a "I should have known" moment (the power of hindsight).
    I've said it before, I'll say it again. Except for the real weirdoes, it's got nothing to do with disliking Sakura, or because she isn't a virgin, or whatever. FSN is all about... how do I put this, people with agency, it's all extraordinary people and extraordinary situations and everybody's running around trying to grab hold of this wish, or that miracle, or trying to achieve things, or just trying to prove themselves, to themselves.

Saber? Physically one of the strongest people in the entire franchise, even after all the powerlevels inflation that's gone on since original Fate. She's stoic, and pleasant, and absolutely will not hesitate to kick the arse of anybody, up to and including several demigods stronger than her.

Rin? A prodigy, a magus in secret, in charge of her own house, walks into the Holy Grail War not because she wants a wish, but, to use her own words, because there's a fight to be fought.

Then there's Sakura, and she's kinda out of place, her route exists for Shirou to turn against what he once believed in, she's forbidden by the Almighty Plot from actually being a fighter, or a doer, or much of anything besides being the damsel, and later, the villain who's also the damsel. It isn't dislike so much as it is indifference.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

US Friend Code
    Huh. I never thought about it but the agency thing is a good observation. Maybe that's why I'm indifferent to Sakura. I certainly don't dislike her, but she's my least favorite of FSN's main cast, and maybe that's it.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    I've said it before, I'll say it again. Except for the real weirdoes, it's got nothing to do with disliking Sakura, or because she isn't a virgin, or whatever. FSN is all about... how do I put this, people with agency, it's all extraordinary people and extraordinary situations and everybody's running around trying to grab hold of this wish, or that miracle, or trying to achieve things, or just trying to prove themselves, to themselves.

Saber? Physically one of the strongest people in the entire franchise, even after all the powerlevels inflation that's gone on since original Fate. She's stoic, and pleasant, and absolutely will not hesitate to kick the arse of anybody, up to and including several demigods stronger than her.

Rin? A prodigy, a magus in secret, in charge of her own house, walks into the Holy Grail War not because she wants a wish, but, to use her own words, because there's a fight to be fought.

Then there's Sakura, and she's kinda out of place, her route exists for Shirou to turn against what he once believed in, she's forbidden by the Almighty Plot from actually being a fighter, or a doer, or much of anything besides being the damsel, and later, the villain who's also the damsel. It isn't dislike so much as it is indifference.
    Yeah, I was talking to someone about this actually. To compare her to Kohaku. People love Kohaku, right? I personally see them as opposites. Kohaku was always planning behind the scenes to get SHIKI and Akiha killed and get Hisui hooked up with Shiki and herself to die, her perfect "revenge" so to say. Sakura on the other hand was forced into the plot by Zouken. So you could say Kohaku is active and Sakura is reactive.

Whatever floats people's boats at the end of the day. It doesn't help that she's stuck in bed for almost half the route (kinda like Shiki in the Far Side, lol) and then ends up as Dark Sakura (who is kind of a mess). I think people would like her more if she was less reactionary. Hollow Ataraxia did a great job with her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BeastXxx View Post
    Tsuki Re is gonna be shit too, nu-Nasu has shown multiple times that he's incapable of writing a good story.
    How someone could read Kara no Kyoukai, Mahoyo, Camelot, Lostbelt 5, Hollow Ataraxia, Extra, CCC, UBW and come to that conclusion I have no idea...

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post

Wow, you just put into words my odd feelings on HF and Sakura. Nicely done, eddy.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Thats quite her point being a traumatized human in this world of swords and sorcery and show us the ugly side of it.

I can totally see why she is not everyones cup of tea , and i respect it as long as they are not totally obnoxious about it

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    does it though? to me it seems more like Nasu saw the barest of what made FSN popular and instead of building off of that, he just kept rehashing the same thing with a different setting, over and over again.
    Isn' that other writer's fault?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BeastXxx View Post
    Tsuki Re is gonna be shit too, nu-Nasu has shown multiple times that he's incapable of writing a good story.
    InCapABle oF wRitInG GoOd StORy
    If it's your standard good, then I prefer Nasu to write what you call bad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipRow View Post
    Yeah, I was talking to someone about this actually. To compare her to Kohaku. People love Kohaku, right? I personally see them as opposites. Kohaku was always planning behind the scenes to get SHIKI and Akiha killed and get Hisui hooked up with Shiki and herself to die, her perfect "revenge" so to say. Sakura on the other hand was forced into the plot by Zouken. So you could say Kohaku is active and Sakura is reactive.

Whatever floats people's boats at the end of the day. It doesn't help that she's stuck in bed for almost half the route (kinda like Shiki in the Far Side, lol) and then ends up as Dark Sakura (who is kind of a mess). I think people would like her more if she was less reactionary. Hollow Ataraxia did a great job with her.

- - - Updated - - -

How someone could read Kara no Kyoukai, Mahoyo, Camelot, Lostbelt 5, Hollow Ataraxia, Extra, CCC, UBW and come to that conclusion I have no idea...
    Simple. He is brain dead zerofag train
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

I actually dislike the Sakura scenes in HA more than any. Every other one I enjoy but with hers I have to fight the urge to skip because of boredom.

I’m lukewarm to Rider all in all as a character but her Ataraxia scenes are a lot of fun still.

I think it feels like hey Sakura’s great guys, and senpai stuff too much ultimately.

Different strokes for different folks. Talking specifically about HA, i think her date scenes are the cutest

And i have something to say about why i consider her interesting. She gives this image of a poor cinnamon roll but then we found she is actually spiteful and entitled , yet call her a bad person is not fair at all because her life shaped up her . As a flawed human, she is an interesting counterpoint to Saber. Yeah, its true, she is not entitled to shiro just because her life sucked, but when the guy picks her , i totally respect the choice
    Last edited by TheSeaDragon; March 3rd, 2020 at 10:55 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    I actually dislike the Sakura scenes in HA more than any. Every other one I enjoy but with hers I have to fight the urge to skip because of boredom.

I’m lukewarm to Rider all in all as a character but her Ataraxia scenes are a lot of fun still.

I think it feels like hey Sakura’s great guys, and senpai stuff too much ultimately.
    So you do like at least some of Sakura's scenes then?

I enjoy sakura so i will not talk in menwearpink place, but even if they are paired up a lot, Rider also have some great scenes that are just about her

What Seadragon said.

likewise there are scenes with characters in them but I don’t consider them a scene of that character. Like Shinji and Shirou at the Matou House isn’t a Sakura scene in my book. Likewise Illya messing with a Rider and jumping off things in Shirou’s shed isn’t a Illya scene, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    does it though? to me it seems more like Nasu saw the barest of what made FSN popular and instead of building off of that, he just kept rehashing the same thing with a different setting, over and over again.
    That's what I meant, together with him bending over to the cash that FGO makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Man people still out here waiting for Tsuki Re huh
    I'm waiting for DDD3.
    Last edited by Crown; March 4th, 2020 at 03:27 AM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    What Seadragon said.

likewise there are scenes with characters in them but I don’t consider them a scene of that character. Like Shinji and Shirou at the Matou House isn’t a Sakura scene in my book. Likewise Illya messing with a Rider and jumping off things in Shirou’s shed isn’t a Illya scene, ect.
    Yeah but in HA there are a bunch of "Rider" scenes where after about a minute Sakura barges in and takes 90% of the screen time. It's especially common in the first half of the game, where I think Nasu was compensating for neglecting her in F/SN by shoving her into as many scenes as possible.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I think I remember... Two of such scenes? The "Reading in Rider room" and another one? And then there is the "let's go on a date with Sakura" that becomes just you and Rider on a date.
    Last edited by Yggdrasil; March 4th, 2020 at 02:36 AM.

US Friend Code
    My boy is back with more hot takes. Each one worse than the last.

fucking kiritsugu decided to hunt and kill his own father just because he harmed Shirley even though in grand schemes of thing his father really did not do much.meanwhile sakura is getting raped and abused by everything in her hoursehold and shirou does nothing about it.

green goes into significantly more details about shirou's morality in heaven's feel here

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/557454857?t=1h23m42s
    it does not have anything to do with hindsight.he intentionally did not even try to notice it because he already knew what was going on with how obvious it was.

https://i.imgur.com/H0BVJX3.jpg

not only that he outright admits he is as much at fault as zouken is

https://i.imgur.com/KfUIVBU.jpg

I'm not even sure if he's parroting Honako Green

not really however green does talk about it here

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/557454857?t=1h23m42s
    I feel like he's just trolling at this point tbh.

Blog Entries
    explain why this needs to be posted here.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Its one random guy on the most famously retarded website on the internet parroting the crazy arguments of an expert mobile gamer (pfhahahaahahaha). People have taken the piss on every single aspect of Nasus body of work a million times before, one more gacha addicted clown is a couple pissdrops more in an ocean already stained yellow. Hell the amount of piss i myself have unleashed on sabers 14 year old ass you might as well start calling me R Kelly.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    explain why this needs to be posted here.
    It has absolutely no reason to be here, but I'm mildly impressed about how this thread evolved from something a mod was supposed to erase without a second thought to a real discussion about Sakura. Just ignore the troll reposting and continue with the thread.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Youtube fate comment is just as cancerous as reddit
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet