Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A Reddit user's opinions that I want to talk about.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    It also helps that Kerry knew about the fact that Angra was in the Grail, so if the War starts up Early and he's there, the first thing he'd do would be to go blow up the Grail before it even got that far.

Man would Gil, Kirei and Zouken ever be mad about that one (not to mention the Einzbern).

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I think I remember... Two of such scenes? The "Reading in Rider room" and another one? And then there is the "let's go on a date with Sakura" that becomes just you and Rider on a date.
    I'm actually glad someone brings up that one scene, since Sakura leaves to take care of her juniors and just says have fun to Shirou and Rider. It pretty much solidified that Sakura would literally be okay with Rider if she were more honest and not going behind her back for nibbles.
    Besides, imo Medusa is chomping at the bit for her Master to re-enact that one Tex-Mex doujin with Shirou as the extra dildo. I mean, nobody makes an astral projection of their BFF to finger them and talk dirty to them to set the mood for someone else. I would wager a part of her is waiting for her master to snap and go to tuna town, because saying you will support your best friend and then banging the love interest they were targeting is setting off some Kimi ga Nozomu Eien vibes and I don't think that is what this is.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    It also helps that Kerry knew about the fact that Angra was in the Grail, so if the War starts up Early and he's there, the first thing he'd do would be to go blow up the Grail before it even got that far.

Man would Gil, Kirei and Zouken ever be mad about that one (not to mention the Einzbern).
    How would Kritsugu be able to get to the caverns without getting Medea on his tail though?

Also, what would happen to the various Servants if the the Grail was suddenly destroyed like that? Those without some form of Independent Action, however limited, just vanish from sudden mana deprivation?

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    How would Kritsugu be able to get to the caverns without getting Medea on his tail though?

Also, what would happen to the various Servants if the the Grail was suddenly destroyed like that? Those without some form of Independent Action, however limited, just vanish from sudden mana deprivation?
    I feel like a living Kiritsugu within Fuyuki could figure out the grail is turning on faster than clocktower can figure it out, squable about who to send, and fly in Atrum to summon Medea.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post

He was already planning to disrupt it, if the ending to Zero's implications mean anything. He just thought there would be enough time for those plans to come to fruition, so he didn't tell anyone else before he croaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    He was already planning to disrupt it, if the ending to Zero's implications mean anything. He just thought there would be enough time for those plans to come to fruition, so he didn't tell anyone else before he croaked.
    Didn't he plant explosives on the mountain or something? That seems like a very Kiritsugu way of solving the problem.

From what i heard, he blew ip the mountain and now the leyline will die in 40 years time via earthquake. Taking down both Rins real estate prospects, and magic prospects...

Or the quake will only break and bury the grail stone and the leyline will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    From what i heard, he blew ip the mountain and now the leyline will die in 40 years time via earthquake. Taking down both Rins real estate prospects, and magic prospects...

Or the quake will only break and bury the grail stone and the leyline will be fine.
    He created a "bump" at a location leading to Mount Enzo and apparently the slow buildup of energy from the junction of leylines would collect at that bump and cause a localized earthquake to occur, possibly burying or destroying the caverns & Greater Grail:
    Had he realized it earlier – then he wouldn’t have been tricked by the sweet lie of miracles that flew the banner called dreams.

Kiritsugu had once released a demon powerful enough to destroy the world because of his aspirations. It was too late when he finally realized his mistake. Countless people had died because of it, including Shirō’s own father and mother.

And that harbinger of Hell was still lurking beneath Mount Enzō even now. After that battle, Kiritsugu had repeatedly visited that place with dynamite, and spent years to map out the situation of a few leylines. He had meticulously created a ‘bump’ at a location leading towards Mount Enzō. That might be the last time for him to use magecraft in his life.

The prana produced from the junction of numerous leylines will collect upon that ‘bump’ with time. When its limit is reached, a localized earthquake will be triggered deep within Mount Enzō. It would take a minimum of 30 years and a maximum of about 40 years for the ‘bump’ to break. If all his calculations were correct, then the cavern within Mount Enzō would collapse and seal away the “Greater Grail” forever.

Though he would not be able to live to see that day, Kiritsugu had done the best he could to prevent the fifth Heaven’s Feel 60 years later.
    Which in retrospect does make me wonder if Ryuudou Temple will get swallowed by a sudden sinkhole if/when that localized earthquake happens.

Also I guess Rin may not have to worry about the leylines being destroyed?
    Last edited by warellis; March 12th, 2020 at 04:09 AM.

Consideing the Grail pops up at one of the 4 leyline connection theres nothing to say it wont affect the other sites.

If the earthquake causes no damage/changes to the leylines, just collapses the cavern, then we need to assume mount Enzo will just suffer periodic earthquakes every 30 to 40 years cuz Kiritsugu's bump; s unharmed

Also we dont know what size the localized earthquake is . Could be refering just to the mountain,Fuyuki or could be reffering that it wont reverberate along the entire fault line for god knows how many times over

Local man tries to destroy Greater Grail, accidentally causes centuries of earthquakes

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
    Local man tries to destroy Greater Grail, accidentally causes centuries of earthquakes

And because the Grail will be destroyed/dismantled 20-30 years before his plan goes into motion, it winds up being nothing more then meaningless destruction on his part.

Classic Kerry.

Kiritsugu pretty much has the Tohsaka goof-up trait, except "goofing up" always involves innocent people dying.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Kiritsugu pretty much has the Tohsaka goof-up trait, except "goofing up" always involves innocent people dying.
    And high explosives.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    so what I'm getting from this conversation is that Sakura is a fucking important character,

Maybe.

But is she important as a character or as something else.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sakura Matou is a fictional character in the media titled Fate/stay Night, and it’s related spin-offs.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Maybe.

But is she important as a character or as something else.
    Depends what you mean by important. I would say she's no more or less important than most of FSN's characters.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipRow View Post
    I would say she's no more or less important than most of FSN's characters.
    I think she's probably more important than Kojirou

I think she's probably more important than Kojirou
    But Kojirou does stuff in 2 routes and doesn't disappear like halfway through the storyline.

I think he's more important.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And because the Grail will be destroyed/dismantled 20-30 years before his plan goes into motion, it winds up being nothing more then meaningless destruction on his part.

Classic Kerry.
    Do you ever think Rin or Waver or whoever is there for the Grail dismantling will be discovering this "bump" at some point?
    Last edited by warellis; March 17th, 2020 at 01:30 AM.