Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Reddit user's opinions that I want to talk about.

US Friend Code

A Reddit user's opinions that I want to talk about.

There's a guy on reddit that always throws the wildest hot takes, and he mostly quotes Honako Green's streams for them. Some examples being that Shirou is just as bad as Zouken because he could've guessed what was going on with Sakura if he though about it (which is just ridiculous when you think about it).

green basically symbolizes sakura's torment as a room with zouken being the floor,shirou being the ceiling with shinji and worms being the walls aroung it.basically the worms and shinji could not have tormented sakura in the first place if zouken and shirou did not exist.it's their existance that brought suffering to sakura.
    I've never seen someone blame someone for something they weren't even involved in if I'm being honest. Sure, I don't consider Shirou a saint, but he has absolutely no fault here. He only knew Sakura for a few years. At most he knew that Shinji beat her, but what could he really do? Sticking your nose in other families' business is kinda frowned upon in Japan. Then again, Honako Green doesn't like Fate/Stay Night and calls it a narrative mess, even the 2006 anime is better than Unlimited Blade Works' route in the VN, Heaven's Feel being the one he dislikes most.

I don't know, personally I find it ridiculous to put Shirou on the same level as Zouken. That's like blaming everyone who knew a rape victim but didn't know about their situation.

That aside there's another opinion that baffles me.

but at least we got fate zero and strange fake out of it the only good things about nasuverse becasue nasu definately can not write good narrative period.
    Mahoyo

overrated.it's just average to above average give or take.at least it is not as bad or literally plot armor induced garbage filled with plot contrivances like fate stay night or kara no kyoukai so it has that going for it.
    You've heard it here folks. Tsukihime, FSN, Kara no Kyoukai are garbage. Throw that shit away, Urobucher and Narita are the only good writers here. Nasu wrote some weak stuff? Crucify him. Urobuchi wrote a boring Lostbelt? Let him be, he's a god.

What do y'all think? Is Nasu a hack as this person says? Is Honako Green right in saying that Fate/Stay Night is trash?

Blog Entries
    who the fuck cares, reddit belongs on reddit
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    more than their opinions im worried about the fact that this lunatic sits down and watches the streams of some gachatuber clown

US Friend Code
    FGO is really not that interesting to watch tbh. It's no wonder that the guy talks more about other Type Moon stuff than FGO, as otherwise his streams would be pointless to watch.

JP Friend Code
    He's right, Nasu is a hack.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    very true.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Has plot armor = garbage

ok

and probably biggest forum on internet which mean tons of fan gather together to throw thrash can to each other
    Yes, I need to take this seriously
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    symbolizes sakura's torment as a room with zouken being the floor,shirou being the ceiling with shinji and worms being the walls aroung it.
    This may be the weirdest sentence I've read in some time.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Some people exist so that the rest of us have someone to compare ourselves favorably to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

I think... there are certain situations where a statement that's as poorly thought-out as "Knowing that your kouhai's brother hit her and failing to respond by Leeroy Jenkinsing into her house makes you as bad as a rapist cannibal slaveowner" is worth arguing with, or even republishing with "omg how stupid" commentary, but I don't think this specific situation is one of them.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

"reddit"

opinions dismissed

Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    "reddit"

opinions dismissed
    ^^^

I have to wonder what it is about Sakura's..."condition" that causes people to make these weird ass, convoluted takes.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    ^^^

I have to wonder what it is about Sakura's..."condition" that causes people to make these weird ass, convoluted takes.
    White knighting?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipRow View Post
    White knighting?
    But they don't even like Sakura. Or her route.

E) Is it some weird "muh competency" self-insertion thing? Do they think that if they were in Shirou's place they would have been "better" at saving Sakura or something?
    Last edited by Nobody; March 3rd, 2020 at 11:37 AM.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    But they don't even like Sakura. Or her route.
    True... I got nothing. It's weird indeed. Sakura is the most disliked heroine. For the longest time people used the "It's because Heaven's Feel wasn't animated" excuse. Now we have the movies (and they ironically piss people off by cutting some Kirei and Illya stuff) and there are still people who dislike her. I'm not even sure it's the "used goods" meme. Personally I don't like her personality. She's too meek and her (and some of her fans') inferiority complex is annoying.

Heaven's Feel is honestly the most messy route. You get people saying they hate that Shirou abandons his ideals for Sakura, that it is stupid to go from UBW where he'll follow them no matter what to HF where he drops them as soon as he's faced with a decision.

But to say that Shirou is as bad as Zouken because he didn't magically solve everything for Sakura is just... Not to mention that that VN screenshot I linked can be interpreted in many different ways. I don't see it as Shirou saying he knew or even suspected something on that level, I see it as him having a "I should have known" moment (the power of hindsight).

JP Friend Code
    If Sakura didn't exist then Sakura wouldn't have suffered

It's Sakura's fault for ruining Sakura's life

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipRow View Post
    True... I got nothing. It's weird indeed. Sakura is the most disliked heroine. For the longest time people used the "It's because Heaven's Feel wasn't animated" excuse. Now we have the movies (and they ironically piss people off by cutting some Kirei and Illya stuff) and there are still people who dislike her. I'm not even sure it's the "used goods" meme. Personally I don't like her personality. She's too meek and her (and some of her fans') inferiority complex is annoying.

Heaven's Feel is honestly the most messy route. You get people saying they hate that Shirou abandons his ideals for Sakura, that it is stupid to go from UBW where he'll follow them no matter what to HF where he drops them as soon as he's faced with a decision.

But to say that Shirou is as bad as Zouken because he didn't magically solve everything for Sakura is just... Not to mention that that VN screenshot I linked can be interpreted in many different ways. I don't see it as Shirou saying he knew or even suspected something on that level, I see it as him having a "I should have known" moment (the power of hindsight).
    Honestly the only comparison that should be made between Shirou and Zouken is the Hero of Justice shit. And if you're degenerate enough, how they both made a place in Sakura's heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    If Sakura didn't exist then Sakura wouldn't have suffered

It's Sakura's fault for ruining Sakura's life
    this is so sad

alexa play golden wind

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Regardless of what you think about Nasu's old works, you have to agree that he's been only shitting out braindead trash lately. UrobuchI is undoubtedly the superior writer.

JP Friend Code
    Thanks for the laugh

Quote Originally Posted by BeastXxx View Post
    Regardless of what you think about Nasu's old works, you have to agree that he's been only shitting out braindead trash lately. UrobuchI is undoubtedly the superior writer.
    holy fuck is it 2014 again?