Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The points of divergence for certain worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    can anyone explain by Tsukuhime and fate and entirely different timelines?

I read both the Tsukuhime and FSN VNs and I can't see any reason why Tsukuhime would somehow make it impossible for the HGW to occur
    Because Fate is a constantly developing setting whose narratives have, directly or comparatively, far outstripped the capacity of Tsukihime's neglected setting to harmonise or integrate at even a basic level.

So fundamentally, because nothing Tsukihime is being written.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Content in Fate is also presented as if a Tsukihime-like situation is inconcievable, as if these setting themes are all there is, and not contextual to a larger metaverse. This is of course helpful in keeping Fate's internal consistency, but results in the feeling of Tsuki being shelved.

Does this also mean that the Tsukihime timeline is the only one that is possible for Angel Notes to occur?
    You need Crimson Moon for Notes specifically, but a Notes-like situation occurs rather more easily in Fate. Thematically, it's the result of humanity trying too hard and becoming cosmic cancer, rather then calming down as it managed to in Tsuki no Sango.
    Aylesbury Valesti can happen in Fate too, human order or not, whatever the utter heck it actually does.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Does this also mean that the Tsukihime timeline is the only one that is possible for Angel Notes to occur?
    No idea honestly.
    The human race is extinct in Notes but is succeeded by New Mankind and the A-Rays. Do they count as humans? Maybe, but then again Yaga don't and these aren't particularly different.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Because Fate is a constantly developing setting whose narratives have, directly or comparatively, far outstripped the capacity of Tsukihime's neglected setting to harmonise or integrate at even a basic level.

So fundamentally, because nothing Tsukihime is being written.
    To be fair the theme of the world being "doomed" was already present in the Melty Blood (maybe even in the Tsukihime itself but I am not sure), so it predates the (current) booming of Fate.

US Friend Code
    Wasn't the point of Yaga that they're still fundamentally human?
    Granted I only read Anastasia's summaries and that was two years ago I could have forgotten.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    As they're furries, they're inherently inhuman and thus deserve to be pruned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Did you just miss the link I posted from Lily's post on reddit on why Tsukihime and Fate aren't just in the same Tree of Time? It's right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Wasn't the point of Yaga that they're still fundamentally human?
    Apparently not human enough which is why that timeline became Lostbelt in the first place.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yaga history is not at a stalemate because dogs. It’s at a stalemate because there only one living country, which maintained the same ruler for 450 years and nothing significant happened in this timeframe. If dogs were the problem, Kadoc beating Ivan and making Anastasia the tsar wouldn’t have saved the timeline.

Wait, did Kadoc managed to save that timeline from Lost status?
    Then again I am sure that Sion mentions that Yaga's biology contributed to the Apocryphal Debt of that Lostbelt.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Oh, that's two salvageable timelines that got blown to hell? I thought that Gotterdammerung was the first and Kadoc just wanted to do right by his waifu.

It'd be pretty silly if every timeline turned promising the moment one dude dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The stated goal of the Crypters is to solve their history’s stalemate before replacing Pan-Human with theirs, so I assumed everyone of them is solvable (or at least was solvable at first, considering Beryl). But I don’t know if punching the right person is the solution in all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Oh, that's two salvageable timelines that got blown to hell? I thought that Gotterdammerung was the first and Kadoc just wanted to do right by his waifu.

It'd be pretty silly if every timeline turned promising the moment one dude dies.
    Well, when you think about it, with the people spreading Spartacus rebellion without QSH meteor smashing them in one go on LB3 and Godjuna gone on LB4, both those worlds would have seen some change with time, be out of their stagnation and then technically be salvageable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    But I don’t know if punching the right person is the solution in all of them.
    Spartacus was right all alone. Fight the oppressors, death to the LB Kings!!!

Found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan the Fourth's Profile
    While the Ivan the Terrible of the Pan-Human History was indeed a tyrant, he was an existence without any connections with magecraft.
    In the Lostbelt however, he invited the magi when the crisis of global freezing became imminent.
    He sought the path for survival that came with the techniques for fusing humans with magical beasts.
    However, that was the same as bringing to this world lifeforms that were completely different from humans already. So, when even their mentality ended up changing in the end, they were perceived as a human history that had reached an impasse――― a world that had to be pruned.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I am pretty sure True Ancestors/Xian/whatever exist no matter the timeline, just in case anyone said otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Angel's Notes is the future of Fate Extra Last Encore, after the Age of Ash

*or an Extra Future in general idk, but the main event that will cause Earth to die is the same
    Last edited by Tarlo; March 13th, 2020 at 11:31 AM.

there's also that thing about Tsuki no Sango being a theoretical world of "Tsukihime in the year 3000".

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    As they're furries, they're inherently inhuman and thus deserve to be pruned.
    agree.
    Last edited by Crown; March 13th, 2020 at 12:44 PM.

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, using a timeline (well, doesn't mean that the events occurs at the same tree though)...

February 1994 - Fate/Zero; Fate/Apocrypha (Assuming that the Einzberns summoned Ruler instead of Avenger in the 3rd Holy Grail War)

April 1994 - Kara no Kyoukai

1999 - 2004 (?) - Lord El - Melloi Case Files

2000 - Tsukihime

2001 - Kagetsu Tohya

2002 - Melty Blood

February 2004 - Original Fate/Stay Night

2009 - Fate/Strange Fake

2030 - Fate/Extra; Fate/Extra CCC; Fate/Extra CCC FoxTail

February 2014 - Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works Route 2014 version

2015 - Fate/Grand Order

February 2017 - Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel Route 2017 version

3000 - Tsuki no Sango / Angel Notes

3020 - Fate/Extra - Last Encore

Maybe I'm wrong, feel free to correct.
    Last edited by hayate; March 16th, 2020 at 09:20 AM. Reason: will edit this one if I have the time
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

Apo happens around the same time FSN, the novels made a nod to it
    KnK has each story/movie happening in a different year or month of the same year (is a case by case basis)
    Case Files is 2003-2004, each case happens in the span of some months, not years (what happened years before was Waver meeting Reines, Svin and Flat)
    And why did you put the Ufo FSN series and movies on the time of their release and not 2004?

Ah, and you can also include Requiem if you want, you calculate the date base on when they mentioned how many years has been since Armstrong moon landing. I forgot how much exactly right now
    Last edited by Lobo; March 15th, 2020 at 04:58 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    200? - Fate/Strange Fake

And Kagetsu is the summer 6 months after Tsukihime, so most likely 2001, but maybe still 2000 if Tsukihime is set in January. I think we know Tsuki’s month but I can’t remember it.

Tsuki was October November