Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Singularity - The Grand Temple of Time Solomon Anime

US Friend Code
    I really liked the coloring/shading in Babylonia.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    No. Nope. Babylonia looked great constantly. Saying it mostly looked like ass is a lie that I can only explain as a result of the kind of annoying elitist critic nonsense mindset that states that shitting on stuff gives you better taste and intelligence, so the "objective" thing to do is to shit on things agressively and go "this is shit" to show off your ebin super tastes and standards. I feel sad for you. If Bbylonia looked like ass to you, most anime is shit in your eyes. Goddamn, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes unable to enjoy anything and needing to shit on stuff. It just looks like such a bitter and miserable mindset
    Bass going on a rant again, classic. I'm not going to bother addressing your post specifically beyond "get a better hobby".

Babylonia's problem wasn't in the animation itself, it was literally everything else and is exactly what I meant by "invest time and effort in all the wrong places". Such as "let's add a third unnecesary flip in [literally every fucking fight] but not take an extra five minutes to make people's faces not look like fucking aliens" (I think Mash was literally the only one to have actual facial expressions). "Let's perfectly describe Ishtar's ass and Gilgamesh's abs, but not bother putting any actual people inside the goddamn palace (except Siduri)". There was a complete lack of coherent choreography in most fights (again, retarded flips for the sake of flipping (but actually to show off a character's fine ass) don't count), and a classic overreliance on beamspam and EXPLOOOSHUN to cover space (though fortunately not to UfoBW or HF levels).

There were lots of other things to be disappointed about (overall sound design, soundtrack, pacing, certain adaptation choices, Fujimaru Ritsuka) but this is just about the visuals.

Oh, and CGI Gorgon. Literally everything about that CGI Gorgon.

- - - Updated - - -

I also really, really hate when animators (over)use off-model for everything, but that's a personal preference.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; May 19th, 2021 at 05:36 AM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Deathhappens going critic again to look superior and show off his "objective taste", classic. (See? I can generalize you too)
    Newsflash, pal. All your complaints are personal preference, not just the last point. Shitting on things doesn't make your subjective opinions more factual and objective
    And I'm enjoying the hobby. Why should I get a better hobby?. If anything, it's critics like you who need to nitpick everything and only see shows as shit and gatrbage who need to get a better hobby that isn't such a miserable experience for you. There's room for criticism, but I do think there's limits to criticsm and past those, it looks like the person needs to seek a hobby that they enjoy more instead of keeping with a hobby they can only or mostly criticise. Why waste your time on stuff you see as bad?
    Last edited by bassgs435; May 18th, 2021 at 12:06 PM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Deathhappens going critic again to look superior and show off his "objective taste", classic. (See? I can generalize you too)
    Newsflash, pal. All your complaints are personal preference, not just the last point. Shitting on things doesn't make your subjective opinions more factual and objective
    And I'm enjoying the hobby. Why should I get a better hobby?. If anything, it's critics like you who need to nitpick everything and only see shows as shit and gatrbage who need to get a better hobby that isn't such a miserable experience for you. There's room for criticism, but I do think there's limits to criticsm and past those, it looks like the person needs to seek a hobby that they enjoy more instead of keeping with a hobby they can only or mostly criticise. Why waste your time on stuff you see as bad?
    You don't have to preface every criticism/complaint with "it's just my opinion". It's a given that it's your opinion since you're the person expressing it, and the fact that you keep feeling the need to bring that up in arguments comes off as needlessly personalizing things. It'd be one thing if Deathhappens went off and said everyone who enjoys the anime is an idiot or something, but he just gave his honest personal view, there's no need for you to immediately jump down on it as "just his opinion". And I'm pretty sure by "get a better hobby" he meant these online arguments you tend to get into, not enjoying the anime itself.

And personally, I'm saying this as someone who liked the Babylonia anime and didn't see any issues with the animation/fights.

He should word things better. Look at his final sentence. He singles out his dislike of going off-model too much as personal preference, which kinda implies to me that he sees all he wrote before as somehow not personal preference. Why go "that's personal preference" in regards to the last point, if personal preference is already implied for his whole post?

- - - Updated - - -

And hey, if he can brutally criticise the anime (and my rants), I can brutally criticise him and the critic mindset he seems to follow. The only ones who should criticise are those who are ready to be criticised themselves
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    And hey, if he can brutally criticise the anime (and my rants), I can brutally criticise him and the critic mindset he seems to follow. The only ones who should criticise are those who are ready to be criticised themselves
    That's true, but just as there's a difference between criticizing a show and criticizing those who enjoy it, there's a difference between saying someone's criticism is off-base versus saying they're just a crazy idiot. It's natural to want to defend things you like (heck I've certainly fallen into that tendency myself in the past), but you do have a habit of making arguments very personal and outright attacking people who don't share your views, which if you read Deathhappens' posts he actually didn't do (he brought up things he didn't like about the anime, yeah, but never said people who did enjoy it were wrong or stupid).

He should word things better. Look at his final sentence. He singles out his dislike of going off-model too much as personal preference, which kinda implies to me that he sees all he wrote before as somehow not personal preference. Why go "that's personal preference" in regards to the last point, if personal preference is already implied for his whole post?

- - - Updated - - -

It's amazing how after all these years and all these arguments with different people in this very forum you still haven't managed to comprehend the difference between "criticising someone's opinion" and "attacking someone directly".
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

The english subbed trailer just dropped

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code

Takahiro Miura (UBW, HF) is doing the action scenes here, should be pretty good

US Friend Code
    Heard the other day it's about an hour and 30 minutes runtime. That's about what I expected.

As far as I heard, it seems the reason why the anime doesn't list script writer is that because Nasu is in charge of the script in some form

whatcouldgowrong.png
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Wait, it's only a week?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Goetia for anniversary confirmed ig

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I hope it comes stateside soon, then...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssgth View Post
    Goetia for anniversary confirmed ig
    No way, when Nasu sells out one last time to cram him in the gacha it happens at the very end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

No way, when Nasu sells out one last time to cram him in the gacha it happens at the very end.
    Tbh, the more Nasu insist on Solomon and Galahad being this basically unsummonable servants the more it makes me expect for when he comes out with the exception that makes them summonable. Gotten too used to Nasu presenting rules on his lore by showing the one exception that breaks said rule. I do agree if that ever happens it'll be at the very end of FGO

It's a movie, so gotta wait months for BDs. If you don't live in Japan, getting hyped for the cinema release is pointless.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Not expecting most of the Beasts to be summonable until the end of part 2 tbh. Maybe Vitch soon-ish.