Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: So let me get this straight

  1. #1

    So let me get this straight

    Hypothetically, if I ask a question like "Hey guys can anyone make a common list of complaints against Nasu for the Far Side route in Tsukihime?"
    Then get a reply "There's an entire thread for the Far Side route in the Tsukihime section. Basically everything that could be said is said there."

    But no such thread exists in this entire forum. That isn't counted as spam/off topic? Especially if I get a reply like this? https://i.imgur.com/MpyIxJ3.png

    🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

  2. #2
    Welcome~ Nikiri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    5213′56″N 2100′30″E
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,652
    JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    then ask for the link / exact post bcs you can't find it

    and lol reporting every shitpost

    Chaldea Heroes

    Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

    Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

    First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

  3. #3
    making a thread for this is not a great idea either

    good luck

  4. #4
    Κυρία Ἐλέησον Seika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perilous Hall
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,714
    Blog Entries
    44
    You were informed that a thread exists. That was helpful. That lets you go looking, in the knowledge that something is there to find. That was unworthy of a report by any and every sane metric.

    It is not incumbent upon people who reply to your thread to do work for you that you are well able to do yourself. That goes double if you in fact refuse to do that work because you're too lazy to read a long thread.

    No one who offers their time and words to you in good faith is beholden to your demands; no member of staff is beholden to punish them for their offer because you don't like it. Quite the opposite.

    I am being indulgent because these are your first posts. Stop testing that indulgence. Put some time into understanding the culture of the forum, and some effort into the use you're making of this place.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

    If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

    Democracy on Beast's Lair

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    then ask for the link / exact post bcs you can't find it

    and lol reporting every shitpost
    Implying that I didn't lol. The other guy, instead of providing a link, found it more fitting to chat on other threads. ��

    There's a time and place for shitposts. I thought I made it clear in my original thread, but oh well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    You were informed that a thread exists. That was helpful. That lets you go looking, in the knowledge that something is there to find. That was unworthy of a report by any and every sane metric.

    It is not incumbent upon people who reply to your thread to do work for you that you are well able to do yourself. That goes double if you in fact refuse to do that work because you're too lazy to read a long thread.

    No one who offers their time and words to you in good faith is beholden to your demands; no member of staff is beholden to punish them for their offer because you don't like it. Quite the opposite.

    I am being indulgent because these are your first posts. Stop testing that indulgence. Put some time into understanding the culture of the forum, and some effort into the use you're making of this place.
    Look. I don't think you actually read my posts because if you did I don't think you would be so purposely and maliciously obtuse and ignore the whole "no such thread exists". So again I will repeat myself to make it crystal clear. Because I get zilch or 20 pages of results by searching for "In Flight" as a keyword and fiddling with search settings. Also, none of the results from the front page refer to In Flight critique. If I'm wrong prove me wrong and LINK me this apparently obvious thread that can't be found through google or the internal forum search engine holy moly. Unless again, it is the 500+ pages thread which IS NOT what I'm asking for. Otherwise it's a wild goose chase which is most definitely NOT in "good faith".

    While I'm talking about "not in good faith", the fact that you were petty enough to make another offtopic post in the original thread instead of a private message towards me for my "unworthy report" demonstrates to me a real lack of standards. Anyways go ahead and ban me. I learned from reddit that questioning mods = ban lol.

  6. #6
    Taiga's knight Tobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    42,059
    Blog Entries
    12
    This thread is fantastic.

    I have never had someone so expertly demonstrate the way the mod team works hard to separate the useless from the useful in so apt a fashion
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

  7. #7
    This should be fun

    - - - Updated - - -

    how's this funzo

    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...he-Boxing-Ring

    - - - Updated - - -

    or is that too much reading

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    This should be fun

    - - - Updated - - -

    how's this funzo

    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...he-Boxing-Ring

    - - - Updated - - -

    or is that too much reading
    Seriously is this some sort of next level hazing? Or trolling? Or maybe you just didn't read?
    Unless again, it is the 500+ pages thread which IS NOT what I'm asking for. Otherwise it's a wild goose chase which is most definitely NOT in "good faith".

  9. #9
    The showtime RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    In a Dungeon
    Age
    52
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10,881
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by newbaguette View Post
    Seriously is this some sort of next level hazing? Or trolling? Or maybe you just didn't read?
    He's clearly trolling you by now, and frankly both of you are getting carried away here. For Zurvan, there's no point baiting this guy just to encourage him to get even angrier. For you, I get you're frustrated at the feeling your questions aren't being answered in good faith, but snarky posts like "Lmfao this reply doesn't even contribute to the topic" are a terrible way of making a first impression around here. A simple "Thanks for the heads-up, but could you please link to the thread? I can't find it," would've been fine without needing to go the passive-aggressive route.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    He's clearly trolling you by now, and frankly both of you are getting carried away here. For Zurvan, there's no point baiting this guy just to encourage him to get even angrier. For you, I get you're frustrated at the feeling your questions aren't being answered in good faith, but snarky posts like "Lmfao this reply doesn't even contribute to the topic" are a terrible way of making a first impression around here. A simple "Thanks for the heads-up, but could you please link to the thread? I can't find it," would've been fine without needing to go the passive-aggressive route.
    I mean it's not clear. It's the net. And if a mod can apparently omit part of my post, why not some random?

    It wasn't meant to be passive-aggressive. I was genuinely trying to convey that I literally laughed when I saw that the first comment to the thread wasn't even contributing to the topic. Or are you claiming the reply was actually on topic? If so I can't change your mind about that. Snarky maybe, but reading most of the other replies on here, I'm starting to think snark is a common theme among posters on this board. So please don't specifically call only me out on that if you're gonna complain about snark. Funny enough there is still no source for this critique thread that apparently exists. ��

    This whole debacle reminds me of that poor guy asking a question on a tech forum, with the first reply usually saying something like "google it" and when you google it there are only multiple threads asking similar questions and all the "helpful" replies are either passive-aggressive jokes or saying to google it; none actually answer the original poster's question. ��

  11. #11
    Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Phyrexylvania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,810
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    5
    Just go into the main thread and ask the people there if they can help. There isn't really a big list anywhere otherwise.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

    Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Just go into the main thread and ask the people there if they can help. There isn't really a big list anywhere otherwise.
    By main thread you mean the first one I made? If that's what you mean, I don't think bumping the thread is gonna help much. Thanks for being the first to confirm that the mystical critique thread doesn't exist though.

  13. #13
    el bolb Bloble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canadia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,160
    JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    5
    I searched "in flight" by thread in the fanfic subforum and got 32 threads, many of which contain dozens of posts of discussion on that subject. If you want your critique you'll have to search through the threads the hard way and sift through many discussions, because obviously nobody bothered indexing every single bad thing someone had to say about a single fanfic. The closest you'll get is in the Fanfic Index and Recommendation thread, which is stickied and thus always visible on page one. Users can submit reviews of fanfics there, and before the person maintaining the thread vanished he painstakingly went and added links to each review to the first few posts.

    You'll find In Flight on the 5th post in the above thread, under "Bad Stories". Click on the names (usually red) of people listed next to the fanfic name to jump to the posts containing that user's reviews.

    Your initial posts here were pretty rude. Your response to Mattias' advice was both flippant and dismissive. You also, I presume, reported his post to the mods. I know some users are more trigger-happy than others with the report function, but this is the first time I've ever heard of someone being reported for not being helpful enough. You proceeded to open up a thread here to complain about not getting your way and not being catered to.

    There are three possibilities. One, you're a dick, or from 4chan, or both. Two, you're trolling by pretending to be a dick, which makes you a dick. Three, you're a young, well intentioned poster who either isn't quite used to forum etiquette or has adapted to a different posting culture from another site, or just had a bit of a brain fart and couldn't grasp tone on the internet in this specific instance. I'll assume it's the last one for now, in which case that's fine, it happens to everyone.

    Also, you'll probably not get anyone making any lists or collecting critiques for you. It's not that hard to do it yourself though.

  14. #14
    >The forum name
    >The attitude
    >The laziness
    >The way to overreact

    Welcome around, compatriot!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    I searched "in flight" by thread in the fanfic subforum and got 32 threads, many of which contain dozens of posts of discussion on that subject. If you want your critique you'll have to search through the threads the hard way and sift through many discussions, because obviously nobody bothered indexing every single bad thing someone had to say about a single fanfic. The closest you'll get is in the Fanfic Index and Recommendation thread, which is stickied and thus always visible on page one. Users can submit reviews of fanfics there, and before the person maintaining the thread vanished he painstakingly went and added links to each review to the first few posts.

    You'll find In Flight on the 5th post in the above thread, under "Bad Stories". Click on the names (usually red) of people listed next to the fanfic name to jump to the posts containing that user's reviews.
    Curious on what parameters you used. For me I get zilch or 20 pages (or now with more fiddling 53 results or 354 depending if I search "in flight" in fanfic or fanfic general discussion; funny enough none of the first page results for either are relevant to what I wanted. Like I see 5 or so fanfics that don't even have In Flight as their title, but some other name like "Calling Card Psyren x Fate crossover" lol).

    Your fanfic index and recommendation is the closest thing I think I'll get, barring some actual responses in my original thread. So thank you for that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Your initial posts here were pretty rude. Your response to Mattias' advice was both flippant and dismissive. You also, I presume, reported his post to the mods. I know some users are more trigger-happy than others with the report function, but this is the first time I've ever heard of someone being reported for not being helpful enough. You proceeded to open up a thread here to complain about not getting your way and not being catered to.
    Lemme ask you this. If some guy asks "Hey what's the name of this song?" and a joker says "Darude Sandstorm" even though it clearly isn't, the joker's answer is unhelpful and offtopic, right? Or if some other guy says "Look through this 500 video playlist of songs on youtube that I got; it's one of them". Would you say that's a helpful response even if the guy is telling the truth? To me, fuck no it isn't. And fuck this hypothetical guy if he actually knows what song it is but is forcing the questioner to sift through 500 songs for the one he wants. An actual helpful response would be "Hey the name of the song is ideal white by Mashiro Ayano" or at least no response at all instead of clogging a thread with offtopic shit. Not a perfect analogy, but if that doesn't work nothing will.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    There are three possibilities. One, you're a dick, or from 4chan, or both. Two, you're trolling by pretending to be a dick, which makes you a dick. Three, you're a young, well intentioned poster who either isn't quite used to forum etiquette or has adapted to a different posting culture from another site, or just had a bit of a brain fart and couldn't grasp tone on the internet in this specific instance. I'll assume it's the last one for now, in which case that's fine, it happens to everyone.
    I mean I'm a fan of Hammurabi; an eye for an eye. If a guy is polite to me I'll be polite back. Some guy is rude to me I'll be rude back. I'm not going to kowtow or prostrate myself before some rude or ignorant fellow. You seem to think my posts here are rude but simultaneously seem to think some of the condescending replies I've gotten here are fine (at least I assume so since you're not specifically pointing them out; like fuck's sake LOOK at that one guy up there that I won't even refer to by name. Don't even pretend you don't know who I'm talking about. Why is everyone ignoring his ass? LOL.). Seems like double standards to me, but whatever.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Also, you'll probably not get anyone making any lists or collecting critiques for you. It's not that hard to do it yourself though.
    I never asked for anyone to make a list or collect critiques in the first place. I wanted to know if anyone had such a list.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    >The forum name
    >The attitude
    >The laziness
    >The way to overreact

    Welcome around, compatriot!
    Weak bait, that's a yikes from me dawg. Thanks for being another example of a snarky and condescending poster though, appreciate it.

    BTW, just so there's no ambiguity, I'll say that I was genuine in giving thanks towards Bloble and mAc Chaos. As for Daiki, I hope I made it obvious what I meant.
    Last edited by newbaguette; November 9th, 2019 at 01:36 AM.

  16. #16
    鬼 Ogre-like You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    https://twitter.com/LickYouTie
    Posts
    33,985
    JP Friend Code
    101043939
    Blog Entries
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by newbaguette View Post
    I never asked for anyone to make a list or collect critiques in the first place. I wanted to know if anyone had such a list.
    There is no such list.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticeexcenny
    In my opinion you are not right. I am assured. Let's discuss it. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

  17. #17
    Sure, I wasn't ironic with my greetings for what it's worth. Only making a self-depreciating statement (as a French) in order to soothe the potential tension remaining.

    Just take it easy (yourself and with others both). Hope you find what you're looking for.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    There is no such list.
    Thanks for confirming. Bloble's link is the next best thing though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    Sure, I wasn't ironic with my greetings for what it's worth. Only making a self-depreciating statement (as a French) in order to soothe the potential tension remaining.

    Just take it easy (yourself and with others both). Hope you find what you're looking for.
    I dunno, seems like a really odd way to go about it (if you're serious and not being facetious that is in my opinion extremely poor word choice; I'll assume you are for now). I'll retract my claim on you being condescending and snarky.

  19. #19
    bro there's literally nothing wrong with gabe's writing, you can't just ask for the impossible

  20. #20
    Time Lego Toa of Gallifrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Metru Nui
    Posts
    1,113
    Is Gabriel Blessing in charge of Tsuki:Re?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

    watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

    if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •