Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring 2020 Animu

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    But accel screaming at kihara-kun

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Gotta check out the Mami Kawada OPs too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Gotta check out the Mami Kawada OPs too.
    Fripside is also very good. Actually, my favorite To Aru op is the railgun ova one.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I like Railgun S OP 1's visual.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Bakarina is off to a great start (Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta aka Hamefura aka Doom Flag). Looking forward to watching the lovable idiot of an MC accidentally assemble her broad-spectrum harem.
    Bookworm, of course. This is probably the last they'll animate... or at least, I hope so. Arc 3 goes downhill, Arc 4 is a school arc, and Arc 5 is just... yeah, no, stop after Arc 2, please.

Battle Time, Kakushigoto, Listeners, and Kami no Tou are on my list to try, but I never really got into Kami no Tou when I tried reading it, so we'll see if it is easier to enjoy in video format. The rest sound not too terrible.

8th Son is horrible, as I knew it would be. The source material started OK, but turned into garbage before too long. The anime appears to be skipping as much of the OK stuff as it can and getting straight into the crap. It's like Kenja no Mago with more waifus. A lot more.
    Still better than Isekai Cheat Magician, though.
    Last edited by Toranth; April 4th, 2020 at 09:17 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Hmm sounds like the sakura wars anime happens after the events of the new ps4 game. Guess that ones straight to the backlog until i play the game.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Tower of God is a must watch list now
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

A lot of cool sequels this season, some of which snuck up on me. A film recapping Revue Starlight sounds like such a horrible idea, I can't believe they went ahead with that.

And is the Kaede gets a dinosaur show actually any good?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    And is the Kaede gets a dinosaur show actually any good?
    It's made by the same studio as Pop Team Epic, so if you like that kind of absurdist humor and bad-on-purpose animation it might be okay. Didn't get highly previewed though.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The manga was astoundingly boring.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Gal and Dinosaur is nothing but memes.

in case you didn't understand live action part, the woman who brought food to the old man was singer of ED. she was the singer of Eva OP.

US Friend Code
    Digimon Battle Network:
    I was pleasantly surprised that the opening of the Digimon reboot wasn’t Butterfly, which makes me hopeful that this won’t be nostalgia bait the whole way through like I was so fearful of. Though the focus on Tai in the opening and first episode does concern me; even if previous Digimon shows have undeniably had a main character, they still had ensemble casts, and I’m nervous everyone but Tai and to a lesser extent Matt will kind of be useless in this show.

The Digivolving animation looked really cool. I like the setup, and I really like it when Digimon actually emphasizes the digital aspect like Tamers and Cyber Sleuth, so this show doing that is a plus. I’m optimistic. As long as it has an actual overarching plot and isn’t just episodic monster of the week like the last couple Digimon shows have been, I’ll probably end up liking it.

Sing Yesterday:
    Cute. Haven't read the manga, I should probably do that. Was surprised his crush on school friend was resolved so quickly.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Oh new Digimon series aired now?
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

US Friend Code
    Yea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    But accel screaming at kihara-kun
    Fine, KIIIIIHAAAARAAAAA-KUUUUUUN was good.

In other words, Bookworm is still delightful, Arte has a potential to be good, but might turn out as bad as Runway.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So here's some 1st episode opinions in no particular order:

Otome Villain: I love this manga and the anime is just as funny. MC is a paranoid idiot who never realizes she's succeeding and that makes it even funnier. Definite Watch
    Sing Yesterday: Wow this hurts. Like the anime is taking shots at me personally the whole way through, except I never had a cute junior follow me around. Going to see how this plays out.
    Tower of God: Great Ost, weird art style. Kiss-Shot in a sword though gets me to at least watch a few episodes, even though I have no Idea whats going on.
    8th Son: Wow that OP way a tune. Also contained the funniest scene in the show, that one terrible CG shot of a herd of lizards. Had me laughing more and longer than anything else in the show. Also what kind of noble can't read? Administration is their one fucking job?
    Arte: Holy shit is the MC cute. The show gets huge props for just setting itself in the Renaissance, rather than being an Isekai. Also, did mention how cute the MC is? This one getting followed up on.
    Kakushigoto: Gotta protect that daughteru. Nice comedy though.
    Sakura Wars: Having only heard of it before, Yikes. The CG is actually pretty good, but the animation has the really stiff moments where it looks worse than RWBY, particularly the opening scene. Just couldn't hold my interest, If I wanted Idol fighting I'd either go for Starlight Revue again or try and not bounce of Symphogear.
    Bungou no Alchemist:What did I just watch? It's a Touken Ranbu knockoff right?

Still have some left, but that's it for today.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Digimon's first episode was amazing. The music, the visuals, the Evolution happening in real time and even Taichi punching out some babies was all great.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Digimon is very promising.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Is Gleipnir any good? On one hand, on top of the interesting plot, I heard that it's ecchi. On the other hand, "human turned monster whilst holding onto his human sense of 'morality'" is a cliche that I want to get away from.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Digimon was really good. All the character designs are on point and the show overall looks great.
    The digievolution looked great as well the fact that it wasn't a standard scene they can use every episode made me question how long this show is going to be. Is it just a single cour and not an ongoing series?

Soundtrack could definitely be better though, it sound very generic and weak. I'm also extremely disappointed they decided on this look for the digital world. I know they want it to look more technological but everything in this episode would've looked much better in a natural-looking environment. They could've made the thees looks more angular or circuit-like os something. These blocky, urban environments look simple and fake.