US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Damn, there's new digimon episode?
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Pretty good episode. I'm surprised Koushiro is in the Network instead of the Digi World, I guess they didn't want Tentomon there so they could focus on one new digimon at a time.
    The digievolution sequence was pretty great, but this show's soundtrack continues to disappoint me each episode.

Animation took a nose dive too. At first I thought that might be due to COVID-19, but that's probably just the level of quality we can expect aside from important episodes.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Welcome to Toei. As a Precure watcher who also watched all of the latest Kitaro, that's how they roll. It's how lots of long runners roll. Most episodes look mediocre and some important episodes will get the stand out treatment and look better. But you don't watch Toei long runners for the animation.
    Doesn't help they're packed with Precure, Digimon, One Piece and Dragon Quest
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Animation took a nose dive too. At first I thought that might be due to COVID-19, but that's probably just the level of quality we can expect aside from important episodes.
    Considering the frankenstein monstrosity that was today's Pokémon episode... it's safe to say we dodged a bullet if the animation is only this level after coming back from covid.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So with the Spring season over, what are everyone's thoughts? Best? Worst? OP/ED? Most depressing Covid cancellation?

I think Wave, Listen to Me was my AOTS. Minute to minute probably the funniest thing I watched.

I was going to say Gleipnir was the worst thing I watched to the end, but the last few episodes really managed to elevate it above the trashy obvious sex metaphor I was sure it was destined to be. So maybe Sing Yesterday to Me, if only because show treats Shinako like it's her fault that everything happens, and while she is super indecisive and deserves some blame there, it's not her fault that her dead boyfriends brother is obsessed with her and expects her to reciprocate.

OP, ED and OST go to Listeners, probably the only thing that show had going for it aside from the obvious "serial numbers filed off" versions of classic rock stars.

Hardest COVID cancellation is tricky. Railgun was amazing, but since they managed to wrap up the arc it didn't feel as bad to have it go away halfway through its run. Balance Unlimited and Shokugeki were both on track to be hilarious trainwrecks. But Appare Renmon as an anime original from a studio that either puts out a Fairy Gone or a Shirobako, would have been a complete wild card, and the one I most want to see start up again.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I haven't finished watching everything I was but Railgun was the biggest triumph through adversity anime while Kaguya was an absolute blessing from start to finish. I can't wait for Season 3, I really love this show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Worst for me'd be Listeners. What a waste of a show for me
    Best, Kaguya S2 and Kakushigoto. Also, I'd like to mention Priconne as being really entertaining
    And Tamayomi and Earth Granner for stuff only I and few others like
    The Corona cut that hurt me the most was Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise. Realle enjoying this more than Try and Divers S1 and was sad it got interrupted. Luckily, now it's only a few days before it comes back continuing where they left off
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    So with the Spring season over, what are everyone's thoughts? Best? Worst? OP/ED? Most depressing Covid cancellation?
    I only watched Tower of God and Digimon, but even the three episodes Digimon managed to release before COVID delays were already better than the entirety of Tower of God.

- - - Updated - - -

I still need to watch the first season of Kaguya...

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not an anime, but I was really hurt by the Kamen Rider Zero One hiatus, not only because I was enjoying the show, but also because the merchandising didn't stop so we got spoiled on the Final form way too early.
    I mean, merchandise spoilers are nothing new, but I usually manage to avoid those for a while. This time people were really hungry for any kind of KM content, so there was nowhere to run.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Priconne was the suprise of the season for me. Didn’t think it would be so charming. Kaguya completely dominated though. No real complaint, everything was great from start to finish and they managed to improve it from the already good season 1. Can’t wait for season 3 to materialize.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

For me I'd say Villainess was the best, Bakarina is a treasure. Bookworm was good too.
    Worst would have to be 8th son, managed to endure three episodes, but no more

Blog Entries
    Digimon Adventure Episode 5:

Despite beìng an episode largely dedicated to exposition and foreshadowing, the sprinkling of action kept it from being boring. It was cool seeing the partner Digimon's Mega forms fighting in the ancient war, even if it was in silhouette. Izzy this episode totally reminded me of Uncle from Jackie Chan Adventures since his first response to being eaten by a whale was "we must do more research!" Him being tsundere for Tentomon was also very cute. <3

Also that Mimi cameo at the end was unexpected but not unwelcome.

US Friend Code
    I wish Kaburterimon got a full evolution sequence like Greymon did last episode. Greymon having that exclusive to him plus the emphasis on Tai in the opening definitely has me concerned about Tai stealing too much of the spotlight in this show. On the plus side the animation was much better than last week and I like the story setup they've got.

Interesting to note how Seraphimon and Ophanimon weren't with the rest of the Megas during the exposition. Patamon and Gatomon will probably be the same individuals as the ancient angels who were defeated, I guess.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    The reason why Agumon and Biyomon crying on the sight of the Mega is because it reminds them of tri.

Jokes aside, really enjoying the exposition filled episode, it gives something to look forward to on how the story will go.

Blog Entries
    Dat art by Kenji Watanabe though... @_@

Watanabe: "I was busy with stuff, so this, the 5th episode, was the first time I got to see the post-recording live. I was shocked by how in sync Kazama-san and Ai-san were even with their long lines. As for Koushiro-han... you really are a protagonist."

Banned
    Blog Entries
    When and where is Peter Grill coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    When and where is Peter Grill coming out?
    Comes out uncensored next saturday in AT-X
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Aaaah Why only Agumon that get full evolution animation -_-
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Kabuterimon got his special first digievolution, but it is weird that Birdramon didn't get a sequence.

I'm not going to complain though, while I like these sequences due to nostalgia, there's no reason to interrupt scenes repeatedly with the same reused sequence.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Comes out uncensored next saturday in AT-X
    In other words, the Friday release that I just watched isn't the uncensored version.