Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 47891011 LastLast

Thread: What would you do if you took over Type Moon?

Is case files really that bad?

But remove time culling, remove it

Blog Entries
    which TM writer at this point who is not an insipid hack anyways

I mean i have some rather dissenting opinions on nasu writers as you all know, I've commented that I think nasu has always had issues, they just became more obvious as nasu has had to continuously make works and more pandering (even though i am a big tamamo fan...)

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post

But remove time culling, remove it
    It’s one of the best things we have these days.

Imo it’s actually good unlike Narita writing B plot action movie with no real plot number 30

insipid
    /ɪnˈsɪpɪd/
    adjective
    • lacking flavour; weak or tasteless
      "mugs of insipid coffee"
      Similar: tasteless flavourless unflavoured savourless bland weak thin watery watered-down unappetizing unpalatable wishy-washy wersh
      Opposite: tasty
    • lacking vigour or interest.
      "many artists continued to churn out insipid, shallow works"
      Similar: uninteresting boring vapid dull spiritless zestless

Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    which TM writer at this point who is not an insipid hack anyways
    The one that hasn't been hired yet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    It’s one of the best things we have these days.

Imo it’s actually good unlike Narita writing B plot action movie with no real plot number 30
    You can't really compare a major world-building book to a fanfic hgw. And unlike Case Files, FSF is really good at what it does.

Actually now that I think about it, Case Files would be tons more interesting if it's written with a Baccano style storytelling. It's taking clues from Narita now anyways.

And it does what is the question? It is very good at meaningless throwaway tryhard references to everything that Narita can think of that honestly gets revolting at a certain point, certainly.

It does well at being a paper tiger trying to tell you that things are a big deal or exciting while skimming over the medication information style blackboard of side effects or caveats that it tries to pretend doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    And it does what is the question? It is very good at meaningless throwaway tryhard references to everything that Narita can think of that honestly gets revolting at a certain point, certainly.

It does well at being a paper tiger trying to tell you that things are a big deal or exciting while skimming over the medication information style blackboard of side effects or caveats that it tries to pretend doesn't exist.

Blog Entries
    You see it's funny because CF is defined by having endless derivative references to the rest of the universe and having no meaningful substance of its own. Do you get it?

Blog Entries
    the touko el melloi files
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    i'd give faker a meaningful substance if you know what i mean wink wink nudge nudge
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    the touko el melloi files
    And now you've gone and got me actually interested in it.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post

Surprised someone actually pointed this out, It's not like FGO/whatever other TM thing thats out isnt full of references, I dont mind references of other magi or events as it gives some feeling of a continious world, FGO annoys me more with things like psuedo's

I fire everyone, and cancel all projects.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle CompositeGNFNR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sounds fun.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Surprised someone actually pointed this out, It's not like FGO/whatever other TM thing thats out isnt full of references, I dont mind references of other magi or events as it gives some feeling of a continious world, FGO annoys me more with things like psuedo's
    I find FGO more annoying for turning the protagonist into some sort of giant, huge, worldshaking protagonist in a way none of TM's previous protagonists ever were.

It also has the issue of being, in some ways in my opinion, a lot more tightly constrained on interactions with groups outside of Chaldea and its Servants.

With KnK, Mahoyo, Tsuki (and its spinoffs), or Stay Night (and the spinoffs that take place with a normal world), you often heard and could see glimpses of a wider supernatural environment than just the protagonist and their small city or place.

But with FGO, perhaps due to how everything is set up, feels far more constrained for potential stories.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Tsuki and KnK are definitely small stories, and Mahoyo got TL'd after my PC partition died so I can't speak for it, but Fate is kind of world shaking. Sure it's hidden behind the normal Magi obfuscation so no one really knows about it, but Angra getting rejected resulted in an event that messed up a city, and that's not considering what might have happened if Gil got the Grail and not just taken a swim and gotten a mediocre body out of it.

Sure the story is way more character focused, but I always chalk that up to the fact that all the Nasu VN's have actual characters as the stars, rather than a generic Self Insert that pushes you towards bombastic end of world stories because the MC lacks any character of their own to develop. Basically taking the Michael Bay Transformers approach, where if you're characters are cardboard cutouts no one really cares about, then you've got to up the threat to the world instead to make the story mean something.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Even with the potential for destruction, because it's all hush-hush, ultimately it's still small.

As Rin & Shirou put it in the UBW epilogue, it only looked big to them because they were in the midst of it but for the wider world (magic or not), it's just some small deathmatch IIRC.

Admittedly that's because in FSN, no kinda meh magi (Darnic is good but not actually at Zouken or even Kayneth's level IIRC) was able to steal the Greater Grail and its ritual and start being like the Internet of magi and send every 2-bit magus out the plans to make their own Grail.
    Last edited by warellis; February 4th, 2021 at 06:08 AM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    As Rin & Shirou put it in the UBW epilogue, it only looked big to them because they were in the midst of it but for the wider world (magic or not), it's just some small deathmatch IIRC.
    A small deathmatch that would have ended with something like 90% of humanity dead.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The HGW is basically like COVID or any other disease outbreak. If it's properly taken care of, no one really pays attention, but if something goes wrong it can effect the entire world.