Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5891011 LastLast

Thread: What would you do if you took over Type Moon?

Blog Entries
    Decrease gacha roll chances and increase prices.

Get rid of FGO's gacha, as i consider it morally wrong more than even lootboxes

Use more obscure myths, probably alter a lot of fgo servants at minimum....

Uhh take a page from esoteric elder scrolls lore and have a bunch of wierd contradictory shit that has evidence for all of it and also may be all true but due to timelines and retcon's its hard to tell.

Just put vivec in the game clearly

Blog Entries
    Reprint tsukihime to make it less expensive.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Get rid of FGO's gacha, as i consider it morally wrong more than even lootboxes

Use more obscure myths, probably alter a lot of fgo servants at minimum....

Uhh take a page from esoteric elder scrolls lore and have a bunch of wierd contradictory shit that has evidence for all of it and also may be all true but due to timelines and retcon's its hard to tell.

Just put vivec in the game clearly
    Isn't that basically how Arturia and Arthur occupy the same timeline? Or Lancer Vlad and Berserker Vlad being completely different portrayals. As for Vivec... Give me loli Vivec getting pounded by Molag Bal, and we have a deal.

More specifically, it is (once again) the entire point of Holmes' Trial Quest, and the explanation for how mythological or fictional servants could have also been "real", like Holmes obviously being from a book but at the same time there's evidence he lived outside it because he literally went to the himalayas with Helena, or Dantes being from a book but he existed because he killed Roa, or basically any AoG hero obviously not existing because the stuff they did isn't possible but we (as the readers) obviously know they did, or how can multiple creation myths (of which we have multiple concrete examples) be true all at once. Timelines and textures both tie into this very concept, and is Nasu's in-universe way of saying "who cares, it's all real", but also "don't think too hard about it, it's just all real" which is the exact reason Holmes is like "to explain this we'd need to talk about culling and shit buuuuuut nah".
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I wish he would talk about it tbh, because timelines and textures are totally fine but every time they try to relate pruned timelines with what is fictional it just goes completely over my head.

Play with the ideas, dont dodge them

Have a interlude like how vivec goes

"Vivec the man murdered indoril nerevar, Vehk the god did not murder nerever" and both are literally true

Or how mannimarco is both a god and a man, and we murder said man in oblivion in a dissappointing questline lmao

Leave FGO to Higashide or someone similar as lead, allow it to continue to print money until it stops doing so. Perhaps make it clear that FGO is its own thing and that one should not assume anything from it (characterization, world-building, etc.) has any bearing at all on how things work in other TM material. As long as it isn't getting in the way of creating other stuff and isn't fucking with how things are in other stuff, I wouldn't really have any issue with it. I don't care so much about it being gacha since allegedly it can be cleared entirely using low-rarities, so nobody's being forced to spend money for jpgs.

Make sure Tsukihime Remake's second half releases in a timely manner, by making Nasu and friends work more than 40 hours per month. Then split focus between Mahoyo continuation and new VN projects. Retire Takeuchi from 99.9% of art duties, but keep him around as the one person who seems occasionally willing to tell Nasu he's being stupid when he's being stupid. Get some actual good writers to do LNs in the setting, and give them relatively free rein in terms of what corner of things they want to explore. Hope one of them is into Church shit. Get decent studios to do anime adaptations of the best and most suited-to-adaptation of these VN/LNs. Obviously kill all FGO anime projects, because it's fucking stupid to adapt something where the 'protagonist' is a blank-slate self-insert with the inner life of a camera tripod and next to no impact on the story beyond Servants inexplicably loving them.

Basically, turn the situation into what the more optimistic FGO defenders said it would be all along: Gacha war chest funding actual VN and book development. It's fine as long as it's left to a B-team and doesn't seep into and dominate everything else.

Weigh the satisfaction of retconning the stuff I strongly dislike vs. the fact that doing so wouldn't demonstrate much artistic integrity. Probably avoid it and instead make liberal use of the "ah well X piece of content only reflects how it was in X's version of the universe, things can be different in the other ones" excuse.

Experience deep internal conflict over the idea of creating a TM pen-and-paper RPG ruleset, because it would inevitably lead to bastardization of the universe and spectacularly retarded online discussions which take its gameplay-focused rules as in-universe gospel... but it would be fun as hell to play.

Avoid making any video games at all until it feels like the company is in a very strong position soul-wise. Then outsource the task to developers with genuinely strong track records, but have a TM representative there as a writing supervisor.

Spoiler:
    Release FSN 20th Anniversary Definitive Edition with Caster route

That's most of it, I think.
    Last edited by Landb; October 30th, 2021 at 11:29 AM.

Agreed on literally every single point, what the hell

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Agreed on literally every single point, what the hell
    Even the TRPG part?

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Even the TRPG part?
    It'd make mAc post about TM again

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    It'd make mAc post about TM again
    Holy shit

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Landb View Post
    Retire Takeuchi from 99.9% of art duties, but keep him around as the one person who seems occasionally willing to tell Nasu he's being stupid when he's being stupid.
    Remake just came out and you slander our king?
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    That sure is an opinion.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Remake just came out and you slander our king?
    I would wonder how much are just old designs from when he gave a shit vs things he designed now, as like im not sure if its due to fgo but he tends to clutter designs a lot after a point

and most Tsukihime remake stuff doesnt have that?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The Ascension system asks that you increment the design with each level, so it's pretty obvious why his designs in FGO end up the way they do.

Also, having old character designs doesn't auto complete the illustrations necessary for an entire VN so no point on focusing on that.

True, but it still feels weird

I wonder if a backwards process would work better, have the full design then work backwards in removing pieces?

That also has its risks, such as Boudica.

My favorite system is to simply draw three totally different designs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Dont think Gil yelling at you to become a uberman will get you a thousand blades unknown to life nor death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    In the nasuverse the easiest way to find out who is the strongest is to have them fight. Whoever loses was the stronger one.

That also has its risks as well if one design simply outclasses or outshines all the others

Or if the other designs is so different its a waste to use it on the same servant.

And the boudica thing is easy to avoid, just dont think purely in horniness and incompetence

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If I were to ganter at a guess as to why the design philosophy seems to different, then it might be because of the usage of the designs.

In a fully realized visual novel (not the kind of 'lite' version that FGO's story mode represents) you want to have sprites of a design in a high variety of poses and variations. In order to draw this many sprites it is much easier to work around a more simple design, that doesn't require as high a fidelity as some of the FGO designs. This is especially apparent in the Tsukihime remake where Takeuchi has stated that they aimed for a high volume of sprites, rather than high detail.

In contrast, the sprites used in FGO are a single pose, with differing facial expressions. In some rare cases, certain characters have an additional pose (for example, wounded Caenis), but this is quite rare. As a result, they can afford to use design of a higher fidelity.

Perhaps it is even the case that since FGO uses a litany of guest artists, demanding they simplify their designs as to focus on sprite volume was never feasible in the first place.

In any case, the result is that FGO have designs of greater fidelity in comparison to Tsukihime remake.