Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do if you took over Type Moon?

Now im wondering the net worth of TM, how much of it is tied up with sony?

Guess Ill add a new post here

Dont allow nasu to touch adaptions outside of vague consultation, dont let him rewrite shit.

Basically, put a team of researchers and mythologists who have legitimate expertise in the myths and histories TM uses as basis for their universe, and have more...not entirely accurate, but at least more faithful renditions of the heroes and figures in the series.

Blog Entries
    If you believe the interviews, the GO design process for Servants actually does include the writer spending like a month just doing research. They aren't 'unfaithful' out of ignorance, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Does that make it better or worse?

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I hang out around CaS a lot (probably way too much) and there is always that guy who goes "I don't like TM's version of this guy so I will make my own, more accurate, version". It almost never works, it ends up as either the same character but without a lot their cool details or a Wikipedia copy paste who is, in fact, more accurate but also completely doesn't work in a grail war scenario.

Sure, they exaggerate sometimes, I don't see what's so wrong in a writer change the myth to make it a bit more interesting. Would Rider in F/SN be more interesting if she a snake-headed monster without any personal traits beyond" turn everyone to stone"?

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Depends, there is a difference between exaggeration and altera

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    Sure, they exaggerate sometimes, I don't see what's so wrong in a writer change the myth to make it a bit more interesting. Would Rider in F/SN be more interesting if she a snake-headed monster without any personal traits beyond" turn everyone to stone"?
    I do think if her design were more "terrifying monster" and less "fap material" it would serve her character as-written better.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    I wish she did more snakey things with her hair

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The blindfold is already a dead giveaway, had then give her snake her and any pretense of hiding her identity would be thrown out of a window

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You're greatly overestimating the number of people who EVER figure out Medusa's identity. Even after seeing the Pegasus... actually, specially after seeing the Pegasus.
    Last edited by pinetree; June 29th, 2020 at 11:14 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The hair snakes could be done after the cat was out of the bag. On a similar note, Chiron should have switched legs from the moment he was seen by Achilles.

US Friend Code
    I liked how Medusa in First Order turned her hair into snakes then into chains. Unless I'm misremembering what she did, but I'm pretty sure that was it.

I never thought about it before but it is super weird that Rider Medusa has no snake stuff going on.

I think the nails on chains are supposed to evoke the image of snakes without making it too obvious. The narration also uses lots of snakey adjectives for her, especially during her actions scenes.

Related: My personal headcanon has always been that Proto Caster is Medusa, and her design is similar to Medea in F/sn, with a cowl covering her eyes and hair. That way she can have actual snakes for hair, and it won't give away her identity until it's time for the big reveal (ie. removing the cowl so she can petrify someone with her mystic eyes).

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    The blindfold is already a dead giveaway, had then give her snake her and any pretense of hiding her identity would be thrown out of a window
    Maybe she was Heroic Spirit Hellen Keller? Or...

Shit, there aren't really many blind people of note more than 100 years ago, is there?

Apparently Homer was blind according to legend?

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    You're greatly overestimating the number of people who EVER figure out Medusa's identity. Even after seeing the Pegasus... actually, specially after seeing the Pegasus.
    The problem there is that the same fight where you see Pegasus is where it turns out you're blonde waif of a servant is King Arthur. So having Rider be gender flipped Perseus becomes much more likely. Then you add to that the NP named after Perseus' wife.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Yeah medusa has the issue of all her NPs have somewhat tenious connections outside the pegasus, her temple is OC, like they only figured it out instory in HF when she used her eyes

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Maybe she was Heroic Spirit Hellen Keller? Or...

Shit, there aren't really many blind people of note more than 100 years ago, is there?

Apparently Homer was blind according to legend?

The problem there is that the same fight where you see Pegasus is where it turns out you're blonde waif of a servant is King Arthur. So having Rider be gender flipped Perseus becomes much more likely. Then you add to that the NP named after Perseus' wife.
    Tiresias, Oedipus, Orion sometimes
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

If I took over Type Moon, I would go full EA and milk it harder. I will release a mobile game for every IP under the banner, e.g. Tsukihime/Grand Order and Mahoyo/Grand Order.

Once it becomes a husk, I will buy some shares in Tesla and play videos games like Nasu.

But will you go back and forth on pandering like nasu?

Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    But will you go back and forth on pandering like nasu?
    Naw, experience has shown gender-bend and tits maximize profit.

We will make a trap version of all existing male characters, and also a gender-bend version.

We will put bigger boobs on all existing female characters and make them SSR+. You have to destroy 10 copies of the current SSR to get 1 copy of the SSR+.