Page 1 of 11 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do if you took over Type Moon?

What would you do if you took over Type Moon?

So, what would you change now (or in the recent past) or in regards to TM's future plans if you took them over today or had done so in the near past?

Personally, i would have opted for a more "quality over quantity" approach to the number of FGO servants, place a bigger emphasis on the creation of brand new, original, non-historic characters, use more of the money to create LNs and story driven games for console and a few other things.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Actual gameplay in TM games.

Fewer shitty turn based or rock paper scissors styled gameplay. Nothing with levels or other shitty JRPG standbys that should've been cut out of the games industry years ago like the lazy cancers they are. Get some action gameplay and good cutscenes in there- Give us the most recent God Of War's style of gameplay, but with a Nasu take. I'd love to have a playthrough of Artoria's life- kingdom raising, fighting wars against Vortigern or the other self-styled kings, making decisions that affect the kingdom, or Charlemagne and his knights getting into all sorts of ridiculous shenanigans.

Hell, even some of the lesser FGO originals could have really interesting takes outside of the hack 'n slash. Imagine a Roguelite Telltale style game focused on Scheherezade, night after night, telling that story, branching dialogue trees and hidden mechanics, and you can make the wrong choices and the king gets more annoyed than he is intrigued and has your head chopped off, all while the young lady starts out brave and confident, keeping herself and her sister alive, but as you go on, the fear starts getting to her, having to manage her and her sister's sanity, keeping close enough to him that he doesn't get suspicious while trying to keep them sane, day by day.

Medusa on her island, trying to ward off the knights and would-be heroes by night, and spending her days with her sisters, all the while knowing their time together won't last forever.

Magus sim. You're trying to make your crappy three- or four-generation family rise in the ranks with alliances and marriages and research and the like, all the while doing dodgy stuff in the background to earn yourself some extra money and just maybe be gifted a piece of some more prestigious but now dead family's Crest with which to advance your own.

And so on.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

US Friend Code
    Can I live in the world where eddyak is Nasu?

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Can I live in the world where eddyak is Nasu?
    Yes

You just have to figure out how to make a hole into the right universe and fall into it

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'd love to see Platinum/DMC style action game based on Tsukihime/Melty. With multple characters having different playstyles, Shiki as the dodge focused Bayo character, Arc as the smash eevrything brawler, Sion as the ranged attacker with minions, Ceil as a parry machine with her Black Keys. Akiha could play like Mira from Killer Instinct where her best attacks all take HP to cast so she has to vampire out on opponents to regain it.

Or a Bloodborne-esque game where you're random Chruch soldier come to Aylesbury who are the only survivor of you squad. So go forth and try to stop the ritual through the twisted remains of what used to be small English town.

I'd like to say those, but in reality I'd just get FGO supercharged on Waifu and limited time events, take my ill-gotten gacha money and run.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I'd love to see Platinum/DMC style action game based on Tsukihime/Melty. With multple characters having different playstyles, Shiki as the dodge focused Bayo character, Arc as the smash eevrything brawler, Sion as the ranged attacker with minions, Ceil as a parry machine with her Black Keys. Akiha could play like Mira from Killer Instinct where her best attacks all take HP to cast so she has to vampire out on opponents to regain it.

Or a Bloodborne-esque game where you're random Chruch soldier come to Aylesbury who are the only survivor of you squad. So go forth and try to stop the ritual through the twisted remains of what used to be small English town.

I'd like to say those, but in reality I'd just get FGO supercharged on Waifu and limited time events, take my ill-gotten gacha money and run.
    Ooh, all of these are good.

Especially the money.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

I wouldnt create FGO Arcade or the stupid card and board games for one

So, what would you change now (or in the recent past) or in regards to TM's future plans if you took them over today or had done so in the near past?
    Change nothing and rake in the cash.

If the question was "what would you change if you had creative control over what TM produced", then I'd put Nasu on a strict schedule of one original work every two years, leave the terrible spinoffers to run FGO for however long it takes for it to tank, hire writers I like to write spinoffs about things I like, execute Takeuchi, and under no circumstances allow the development of video games.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    I'd hire a competent editor for Nasu.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Less servant focus

Have nasu write action scenes again instead of replacing them with bad gameplay

Blog Entries
    use FGO bucks to try and usher in a VN renaissance. when that inevitably fails - liquidate everything

- - - Updated - - -

use the money to start a PMC

- - - Updated - - -

diamond dogs
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    use FGO bucks to try and usher in a VN renaissance. when that inevitably fails - liquidate everything

- - - Updated - - -

use the money to start a PMC

- - - Updated - - -

diamond dogs
    Just remember to ban Kikongo.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    yeah this too

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Change nothing and rake in the cash.

If the question was "what would you change if you had creative control over what TM produced", then I'd put Nasu on a strict schedule of one original work every two years, leave the terrible spinoffers to run FGO for however long it takes for it to tank, hire writers I like to write spinoffs about things I like, execute Takeuchi, and under no circumstances allow the development of video games.
    Excuse me?

Bludgeon him to death with a lifesize cardboard cutout of Sabre, to be exact.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Can you have him draw Swimsuit Lakshmi and Okita Alter first?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    photoshop > filters > hue, brightness, saturation
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Blog Entries
    give away Fate to Koei and force Nasu to write anything that's not Fate
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    give away Fate to Koei and force Nasu to write anything that's not Fate
    Who is Koei again?

Blog Entries
    a game company known for making a shitton of pretty decent historical themed games
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.