Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Servant Discussion - Tamamo-No-Mae (Caster) 5*

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Yes, it was made from when we were setting up the subforum in the background.

I haven't played FGO, but does she get more development in it since CCC?

More seriously, Tamamo Cat has way more screentime than the original, but she has quite a bit to say in the Benienma event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    I use Tamamo for challenge quest stalling with Emperor and Merlin/Jeanne. If her NP comes out then the stalling is complete

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Some pre-existing characters feature more than others

Whether that be gags or actual story depends

I max'd out my Tamamo and she's one of my mainstays.

I forgot, Curse Skill gets a buff later?

Just found this thread. One of my favorite teams is Mash Pre lost belt mode, BB, and Tamamo. All are at skill lv 10.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    I haven't played FGO, but does she get more development in it since CCC?
    I know a cooking event has her in the future but I don't know much about it except it shows she a good cook but everyone already knows that. She does star in the manga fox tail and it shows a lot of her character.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Well she already had a skill (actually a NP being used as a skill for Extra) with the exact effect - Aphotic Cave. The question is whether they want to give her that.
    I think it would be nice if she could boost everyone's defense. To play off Aphotic Cave and how it was mostly used in extra, and play on her being for stalling, I think it would be cool to add a one turn unremoveable (Amakusa Shirō Tokisada NP was one shot my team before) 50% NP guard and add a 3 turn increases party's NP generation. I think NP charge would be nice but Art are about spamming NP this would help with it plus the other 3 already do it so this would make her powerful but different from them.
    Last edited by Tamamo-no-Mae Goshujin-sama; April 27th, 2020 at 11:18 PM.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think all she's missing is a targetable/teamwide NP battery. Just a little something to help get the first NP shes buffing with her burst up a little faster.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    On the bright side, Tamamois unlimited and non-story locked so you might just stumble upon her accidentally while you wait years for the next Merlin/Skadi rate up
    Or probably get another waver
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I think all she's missing is a targetable/teamwide NP battery. Just a little something to help get the first NP shes buffing with her burst up a little faster.
    I think a NP battery would be great. With her own NP ability to cool down and depending on the battery I bet a double Tamamo's team could boost an Arts attacker with 4 Arts buffs(Fox's Wedding) and a 4 NP buffs for a turn. I think this because during the final battle with Grand Caster/Beast using Atlas Academy Uniform which has a cool down skill too and my Tamamo I was able to boost Shiki with two Fox's Wedding at the same time. So I think a Tama with a NP battery and proper timing could pull it off.
    Last edited by Tamamo-no-Mae Goshujin-sama; April 28th, 2020 at 12:06 AM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I'm afraid after Skadi they won't be giving Tamamo an NP battery. See how the Quick AoE Servants since have been more reserved
    Last edited by Zork Knight; April 28th, 2020 at 12:30 AM.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It doesn't even have to be a big one. Maybe just a 20% like Merlin has. A bunch of Art's Servants have small 20-30% batteries, Add that to whatever 50% CE the current event has going and things get so much easier. No more having to choose between bring Tam to boost the Arts, or someone like Helena or Ozy to get the Np off a little faster.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    That's them recycling game assets, only Dantès counts there.
    Actually they literally points out how she looks just like Chaldea Tamamo. In the manga everyone in her workplace has fox ears so that might or might not be real ears, it's still suspicious.

She also suspiciously never got to meet Douman. So the running theory is that Douman was the Seimei who messed with Tamamo in the past while using Seimei's name (just like he did in Shimousa). Even him being called ikemen by Musashi is a nod to Tamamo's line for Seimei in Extra. They did not get to meet because it would be a spoiler. Another crack theory I've seen is that she's a Tamamo who managed to escape her death back in Heian era, and her surivival will lead to a Beast outbreak in the future -> pruned.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm not saying it's recycled assets without reason, they give you the reason in the story: these people look like Tamamo and Kiyohime because it's Shimousa but also your dream.

JP Friend Code
    I'm not saying it's recycled assets without reason, they give you the reason in the story: these people look like Tamamo and Kiyohime because it's Shimousa but also your dream.
    Except that this is not simple as just seeing people like servants. It is "projecting the image of servants that the protagonist knew into those of the same name". There was an actual princess Kiyo, an actual Otama geisha in the parallel world. Yes it is similar to the Holmes murder events in theory, but different in that in the Holmes event those people doesn't act like the servants or have similar names. Only in the cases of princess Kiyo and Otama the projection is super fitting. Another strange thing is that while Kiyo acting like the original Kiyo probably due to the PTSD from the Kiyo that MC summoned, Otama acts pretty different from the actual Tamamo. Not only that, she is a business person who is proud of her work, which coincidentally sound suspiciously similar to a certain fox. That's why the theories only focus on her and not Kiyo.

I'm not bringing this up to say Tamamo has any new development in the main story btw, I'm simply pointing out that it's not just reusing assets like the Holmes event, it's more intentional than that. Tamamo's "development" since CCC is more in how she view the MC. She's no longer territorial, super selfish and traumatize by growing tails. She went from "I have no idea what you're talking about the tails" and "if I grow 1 tail just cut it off asap" from CCC to "oh yeah I was a bad fox in the past, I had 9 tails, I will try to use the power to fight".

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post

More seriously, Tamamo Cat has way more screentime than the original, but she has quite a bit to say in the Benienma event.
    Doesn't she get a lot of exposure in Onigishima too?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Except that this is not simple as just seeing people like servants. It is "projecting the image of servants that the protagonist knew into those of the same name". There was an actual princess Kiyo, an actual Otama geisha in the parallel world. Yes it is similar to the Holmes murder events in theory, but different in that in the Holmes event those people doesn't act like the servants or have similar names. Only in the cases of princess Kiyo and Otama the projection is super fitting. Another strange thing is that while Kiyo acting like the original Kiyo probably due to the PTSD from the Kiyo that MC summoned, Otama acts pretty different from the actual Tamamo. Not only that, she is a business person who is proud of her work, which coincidentally sound suspiciously similar to a certain fox. That's why the theories only focus on her and not Kiyo.

I'm not bringing this up to say Tamamo has any new development in the main story btw, I'm simply pointing out that it's not just reusing assets like the Holmes event, it's more intentional than that. Tamamo's "development" since CCC is more in how she view the MC. She's no longer territorial, super selfish and traumatize by growing tails. She went from "I have no idea what you're talking about the tails" and "if I grow 1 tail just cut it off asap" from CCC to "oh yeah I was a bad fox in the past, I had 9 tails, I will try to use the power to fight".
    I'm not doubting there's intention behind it, but this whole theory sounds like a massive stretch to me man.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    She isn't even featured in any major storyline.
    Welp, f for Tamamo. Maybe more prominent Servants can have threads then...
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Interesting take on it. If I'm reading it right your suggesting that Otama could be, or at least a parallel version of, a cert-en Vitch Fox.
    Last edited by Tamamo-no-Mae Goshujin-sama; April 28th, 2020 at 11:42 PM.

JP Friend Code
    I'm not doubting there's intention behind it, but this whole theory sounds like a massive stretch to me man.
    You don't have to believe in any theories, I just need you to accept the fact that it is different kind of stand-in compare to the Holmes event because the story itself pointed it out. And people just made theories base on those. There are a bunch of crack theories out there, and I don't believe most of them.

Shimousa in the first place is still very unclear and contradictory to some of the recent reveals till this day due to how Limbo was doing his work, mentioning stuffs from LB4 before part 2 even begins, Amakusa talking about the trees coming while the planet is yet to be bleached at that time and mentioning "Missing Belt" instead of Lostbelt later on. In fact, you can call the Tamamo theories = stretch all you want, I didn't make them so it's also w/e to me, but the entire chapter itself is extremely important to part 2 plot in general.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; April 29th, 2020 at 01:58 AM.

A Fleeting Fata Morgana Jin Uzuki's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I'm more annoyed by her lack of invincibility on demand than her lack on NP battery on demand, to be honest.

Tamamo is great for Arts teams, pretty much a must have. She's going to be the second most chosen free 5* Servant.

For farming, her first and third skill allows farmers to easily pull 3-turn combo, not sacrificing damage output in the process. It's heavily recommended to bring Paracelsus alongside her for the perfect combo. Bride is also a good choice if you have her, though I still prefer Paracelsus due to lower party cost in events. Her Bond CE is also great for farming too, highly recommended to Bond 10 her if you're planning to use Arts teams for farming.

For challenging content, oh boy. She's the queen of stall teams, and for a good reason, as her NP heals, charges NP (which also charges her) and reduces skill cooldown of all party members, the latter being honestly quite broken as skill cooldown impacts heavily on how good a Servant is sometimes. She also can survive a lot due to her second skill, and is pretty much unkillable the turn you use it if you pair her with Waver, which is not a bad combination.

Though speaking of combinations, the best one is IMO with Jeanne, as it means you have consistent heal, invincibility, debuff removal, two ways of delaying NP usage with stun and NP decrease. Put 4* BB alongside them, and you have an additional way to stun, a way to bypass hard defensive buffs, more heal and debuff protection so Jeanne doesn't get cocked and a way to do damage that also charges NP, meaning the NP damage up from Tamamo is not wasted. Merlin is an okay choice too, but you'll be lacking debuff protection with him, and you can't benefit from the Buster Up, which is the reason I prefer Jeanne.

And as for CEs, the best one is undeniably the Prisma Cosmos CE, specially if LB. The faster she can use her NP, the faster she and other allies get to use their NP and skills. If you don't have it, any other CE that charges NP is useful too, you want her to charge NP constantly even in turns she doesn't act. I would also recommend the Merlin CC on one of her Arts cards to further accelerate her NP spam.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Actually, something I've been curious about for some time: I'm probably missing a boatload of things, but why is she so good for Arts teams?