Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Servant Discussion - Tamamo-No-Mae (Caster) 5*

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Because 50% Arts Up

65% with her Bond CE

Technically she can fit in any team, but you really want her to have as much access to Arts cards as possible for NP spam. Also you want to maximize the usage of that amazing Arts Up, which is easier in Arts teams.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Also spamming NPs means you're constantly cutting the cooldown of all your skills.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Actually, something I've been curious about for some time: I'm probably missing a boatload of things, but why is she so good for Arts teams?
    do you even play the game

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I also have her, but I don't think I've ever used her?

Use whoever you like, but she's very worth raising. Really should be one of the priorities for anyone lucky enough to have her.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    Tamamo is great for Arts teams, pretty much a must have. She's going to be the second most chosen free 5* Servant.

For farming, her first and third skill allows farmers to easily pull 3-turn combo, not sacrificing damage output in the process. It's heavily recommended to bring Paracelsus alongside her for the perfect combo. Bride is also a good choice if you have her, though I still prefer Paracelsus due to lower party cost in events. Her Bond CE is also great for farming too, highly recommended to Bond 10 her if you're planning to use Arts teams for farming.

For challenging content, oh boy. She's the queen of stall teams, and for a good reason, as her NP heals, charges NP (which also charges her) and reduces skill cooldown of all party members, the latter being honestly quite broken as skill cooldown impacts heavily on how good a Servant is sometimes. She also can survive a lot due to her second skill, and is pretty much unkillable the turn you use it if you pair her with Waver, which is not a bad combination.

Though speaking of combinations, the best one is IMO with Jeanne, as it means you have consistent heal, invincibility, debuff removal, two ways of delaying NP usage with stun and NP decrease. Put 4* BB alongside them, and you have an additional way to stun, a way to bypass hard defensive buffs, more heal and debuff protection so Jeanne doesn't get cocked and a way to do damage that also charges NP, meaning the NP damage up from Tamamo is not wasted. Merlin is an okay choice too, but you'll be lacking debuff protection with him, and you can't benefit from the Buster Up, which is the reason I prefer Jeanne.

And as for CEs, the best one is undeniably the Prisma Cosmos CE, specially if LB. The faster she can use her NP, the faster she and other allies get to use their NP and skills. If you don't have it, any other CE that charges NP is useful too, you want her to charge NP constantly even in turns she doesn't act. I would also recommend the Merlin CC on one of her Arts cards to further accelerate her NP spam.
    "Merlin CC" you mean the Command Code right? Sorry NA player here so I don't know about them only know of them because their is a Tamamo Command Code (I only look at spoiler when Tamamo is related everything else I know every little about). I've never used her with Paracelsus before is it that good. I mostly use Tamamo, Mash (Waver support) for defense, and a Art attacker (Kuro, BB, and Shiki are my most used). I do know that Lost Belt does become harder though because I very rarely see a JP Tamamo battle on youtube anymore (their was a little increase recently but that was because of special reasons).

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Paracelsus is actually better than Tamamo insituations where you care more about NP refund than anything else. 50% Np Gain + 20% arts up is pretty crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Tamamo-no-Mae Goshujin-sama View Post
    "Merlin CC" you mean the Command Code right? Sorry NA player here so I don't know about them only know of them because their is a Tamamo Command Code (I only look at spoiler when Tamamo is related everything else I know every little about). I've never used her with Paracelsus before is it that good. I mostly use Tamamo, Mash (Waver support) for defense, and a Art attacker (Kuro, BB, and Shiki are my most used). I do know that Lost Belt does become harder though because I very rarely see a JP Tamamo battle on youtube anymore (their was a little increase recently but that was because of special reasons).
    Youtubers mostly choose aggresive gameplay so the video doesn't take so long, as stalls team do take a bit of time to clear fights, especially if you don't put any damaging unit.

Also some nodes favor this kind of gameplay sometimes. Like suddenly giving unremovable Invincibility Break on an AoE NP that pierces defense after a break bar, basically telling you "Hey, if you don't rush the boss at this point then GG".
    Last edited by Oz1337; April 29th, 2020 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    Also some nodes favor this kind of gameplay sometimes. Like suddenly giving unremovable Invincibility Break on an AoE NP that pierces defense after a break bar, basically telling you "Hey, if you don't rush the boss at this point then GG".
    Any tip on how to use her when this happens? My normal game play is careful so I just used stall team with out thinking about it and since Tamamo is one of my favorite fate characters it was a prefect fit. For for speed I normally use Merlin and a burster like TamaShark or Gil (my two favorite burster). Any suggestions on teams that can work against those kind of boss that need to be rushed?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamamo-no-Mae Goshujin-sama View Post
    Any tip on how to use her when this happens? My normal game play is careful so I just used stall team with out thinking about it and since Tamamo is one of my favorite fate characters it was a prefect fit. For for speed I normally use Merlin and a burster like TamaShark or Gil (my two favorite burster). Any suggestions on teams that can work against those kind of boss that need to be rushed?
    Have a unit on reserve with good damage output and easy way to set up the damage just arriving at the field and swap it (or just wait until one or all of your members die) when it's time to rush the boss. Servants after NP upgrade and NP charge are good candidates, the higher their NP level the better. Tamamo will be able to contribute to this with her third skill if the unit is an Arts user, and with her first skill when the USA version finally reaches that skill upgrade.

Also, you don't need to restrict yourself to Arts units for that, as long as it can deal a good amount of damage as soon as it appears then you'll be fine. For example, Billy the Kid is at NP5 post-NP upgrade and has a 50% NP charge, so with a 50% starting NP CE he can arrive at the field and easily do lots of damage against Saber or Berserker, with an extra No Miss to prevent dodge shenanigans.

Or, you know, just have Heracles on reserve and do a last man standing which still works in the Japanese version once all your units are killed. When you start having access to good CCs in the USA version like the ones that ignore dodge/invincibility and the cleanse poison/fire/curse, it's very hard for the enemy to stop Heracles from doing damage during all the turns he will last.

And if all fails, you can just use 3 CS and finish the boss with your party already at full 100% NP charge and all skills available, don't be ashamed to use them if you get wiped out, they are there to be used.
    Last edited by Oz1337; April 29th, 2020 at 03:03 PM.

Blog Entries
    yknow you can turtle with tamamo
    but you dont have to

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    Use whoever you like, but she's very worth raising. Really should be one of the priorities for anyone lucky enough to have her.
    Eh. Not that I disagree or anything, but she doesn't really do much for my team.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Eh. Not that I disagree or anything, but she doesn't really do much for my team.
    I don't know the Servants you own so I cannot affirm one way or the other, though I have to admit I am generally skeptical of your claim. For instance, I can assume you have Kuro and they are great together.

Thanks for the advice Oz1337 I'll try to use it when the time comes. AGGRESSIVE Tamamo Strats was great 4 fox wedding and 4 NP buff is something only double Tama could pull off and if she had an NP battery I bet it would be more common. Too bad this required CS to pull off or I'd love to play a similar combo almost every day.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I often do pair her with Bride, so that she can buff Nero's NP. Saberlot too, especially with his buff to Arts on his NP.

I almost never use stall teams, I just prefer to make things dead quicker than try death by papercuts. The only time I try and pull those kind of teams in games is when I can get my defence/dodge to 100%. and since buffs have such a short life span, it feels more worthwhile to spend that time setting up a turn of insane damage, than constantly looking over your shoulder for a bad RNG to crit a key member out of the battle.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Sadly I don't have Bride. I'm F2P so I'm saving for specific Servants and right now Bride is not in my top 5 list. SpoonyViking if you ever need a team look at the welfare Servants like BB, Kuro, and Shiki for attacking and Mash at full power work well with Tamamo as well. If you have not played long a chance for Kuro and BB will come again.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    But if you missed out on Shiki, that was the last chance for her.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Until a main interlude gets implemented for the event in the far(?) future, at least.
    JP Support 7/11/2018 (non-event)

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    She isn't even featured in any major storyline.
    Meanwhile, Nero gets the starring role in, like five events. I call shenanigans.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.