Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Servant Discussion - Tamamo-No-Mae (Caster) 5*

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    The Seibaface effect.

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    I like pairing her with Lancelot.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    Meanwhile, Nero gets the starring role in, like five events. I call shenanigans.

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yep, I'm too late for Tamamo shenanigans, but just in case someone wanted a double Tamamo setup, then I have her on ALL slot.

I remember the time where Tamamo is also one of the Big Three where meta matters.

And I only got her after the Skadi banner, to which at that time I am too used to the Double Skadi strat since I have too many Quick NP Servants.

But man, after I used Tamamo, I now use her on quests where I have no possible way of winning except by cheesing it with Tama.

Her cooldown reduction is too good at NP1 alone.

Mainly used her on stalls with Jeanne and Skadi.

And on challenge quests with Saber nodes, Artemis/Support Waver/Tamamo is still effective.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    I don't know the Servants you own so I cannot affirm one way or the other, though I have to admit I am generally skeptical of your claim. For instance, I can assume you have Kuro and they are great together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamamo-no-Mae Goshujin-sama View Post
    SpoonyViking if you ever need a team look at the welfare Servants like BB, Kuro, and Shiki for attacking and Mash at full power work well with Tamamo as well. If you have not played long a chance for Kuro and BB will come again.
    Oh, I actually have all of those, I've been playing since the beginning. It's just that I rarely use them unless it's for an event or similar. Shiki saw a bit more use because she and Scáthach were my best Assassins (and arguably the only good ones I had), but now I have Semiramis for that role.

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    Yep, I'm too late for Tamamo shenanigans, but just in case someone wanted a double Tamamo setup, then I have her on ALL slot.

I remember the time where Tamamo is also one of the Big Three where meta matters.

And I only got her after the Skadi banner, to which at that time I am too used to the Double Skadi strat since I have too many Quick NP Servants.

But man, after I used Tamamo, I now use her on quests where I have no possible way of winning except by cheesing it with Tama.

Her cooldown reduction is too good at NP1 alone.

Mainly used her on stalls with Jeanne and Skadi.

And on challenge quests with Saber nodes, Artemis/Support Waver/Tamamo is still effective.
    That I feel is one of the overlook trait of Tamamo. Because of her cool down she, I feel, works best with the other big 2 support and it sounds like Skadi will work well too. When I use her with Merlin I find challenges easy, except against Riders she can make it but Merlin can fall quick.

SpoonyViking everyone has their own game play. Tamamo is a little slow to start but I find it fun, you may not. During the tower event I had to use many different team that I've seen other used and I had a hard time making some work for me. Just enjoy the game with the team that works best for you and if you want to give Tamamo a try I hope you find a way to use her that you enjoy.

I hear Tamamo may be replaced in JP as the Arts support. Is the new Caster that much better or is it just better for farming and Tama can sit match it in challenge quest?

JP Friend Code
    I hear Tamamo may be replaced in JP as the Arts support. Is the new Caster that much better or is it just better for farming and Tama can sit match it in challenge quest?
    Depends. On stall team you maybe need Tamamo because of cooldown reduction although her first skill is kinda useless because usually tank teams use normal attacks as main damage source

But the party ATK buff, special invulnerability and debuff clear from Castoria is still so damn strong

On Arts spam team, Castoria win easily, no contest
    Last edited by astagadragon; August 11th, 2020 at 03:09 AM.

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    New Caster has:
    50% Arts
    Atk up and 30% NP charge for all
    20% charge for one ally + NP gain rate up for all

her NP gives Atk and special invincibility (cannot be pierced)

So for farming she is straightforward better; for challenges depends on the challenge, since she lacks HP recovery (which could be crucial), Tamamo has NP charge down, and can reduce skills CD

So it really depends on the team composition and what are you trying to achieve for challenge quest
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    The real question is: Will Tamamo ever see a support list again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    For CQ purposes if 3rd servant can heal then double castoria is better
    if not Tamamo is probably resident healer

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    The real question is: Will Tamamo ever see a support list again?
    not in a caster slot she wont

Unless they upgrade her so she gives NP charge with her skills, I doubt you will ever see her. Not like she even appeared before as most supports only had Skadi/Waver/Merlin because NP charge in skills is unbeatable.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    As I've said elsewhere, Tamamo is tied with Paracelsus and Bride in terms of ideal plugsuit swap.

If all you need is damage, then Tamamo > Bride > Paracelsus.

However, if you need refund, then Paracelsus > Bride >= Tamamo.
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Sadly this pretty much seems to mean Typemoon was given up on making a meta for arts but after look at castoria I realize she can still be part of a meta arts team. With double castoria and a Tamamo to switch in I think their is potential for both boss and challenge quest clearer's. Tamamo and castori, and not just double, also look like they would work well together in challenge quests. Plus (I know this is wishful thinking but) now that Tama is no longer going to be top Art support maybe she can get a different upgrade in the future like instead of improving Shapeshift maybe Fox's Wedding can now be changed to boost all groups like Arts, Burst and Quick so she can be a support for all teams.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Tamamo got demoted from Big 5 to Nightingale tier, essentially.

Or, more precisely, she has always been Nightingale tier, but because there was no Horny Wizard to her Insane Nurse, she got to play with the big boys. But not anymore.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Again, Bride's buff did more to enable Arts looping than Tamamo's did.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

She'll always be one of the big five to me at least. I just found a video on youtuber by a user named xNaya who show just how powerful Tamamo and a double castoria can be with just a NP1 Arts servent Spoilers in it show monsters I've never seen as an NA player but I don't think it spoils the story https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTaBjUwjnHo .

I agree Trubo Tama did need something so she could enable Arts loops better and now with castoria I don't think she ever will but now Tama can focus on team healing and increasing NP and Arts power.
    Last edited by Tamamo-no-Mae Goshujin-sama; August 11th, 2020 at 08:07 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Were she to be given Strengthening, it'd probably be around Lostbelt Assassin release or Extra related Event. An NP Battery on any of her skills would mean that Tamamo could use her NP far more often, meaning CD reduction + NP Battery, which in turn let her NP charge again to NP, it's almost perpetual. That could make her broken in her own way.

But I dread that the way they'd balance that out is by increasing her skills' CD turns...

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Don't think they've ever increased a skill's CD.

And yeah, if they still have plans for Tamamo, it'll be when Koyanskaya is in the spotlight, most likely

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    They'd never increase CDs, just wouldn't be worth the playerbase negative reaction.