Thread: Servant Discussion - Tamamo-No-Mae (Caster) 5*

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic Star View Post
    Zork Knight was joking. Probably.
    I do feel Tamamo could use something to get her NP engine going faster
    Maybe NP charge/turn then

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    So, am I the only one who doesn't think Tamamo needs another buff then?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Synaptic Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    You can still play the game in a non-looping manner, and in that case, differences in how they function arise. What part of this are you willfully choosing not to understand? It doesn't matter that most people are going to gravitate to looping setups for sake of ease when the Servants needed to pull that off have well defined differences despite the overlap that looping is possible.

In such a situation, I still wouldn't use Tamamo much anymore because Himiko enables a can't die setup with ridiculous damage potential that only loses to buff removal.
    Statement: Even though A is much stronger than B, you always have the option of not using A, thus B is still relevant.

Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

If agree, then sure loop enablers are different from other. In that case though, why does it matter that Tamamo is weaker than Castoria or Himiko? Tamamo isn't Gilles, Geronimo or Jekyll, she is still powerful and useable. If you want to use Tamamo, just use Tamamo.

If you disagree, then the loop enablers are not different from each other. Looping is much more powerful than any other strategy, thus anything that's not looping is irrelevant

Those examples you use are things they'd have to actively change the game's code to handle for the most part. At best, they could just steal the story Percius LB6 deal that prevents him from using his NP multiple times, but otherwise that requires changing game code, and any time they change game code you can expect multiple months of dead weeks to counter.
    When I said "They didn't have to make a servant do their NP three times in a row", I didn't mean change the code, I meant they didn't have to make batteries so large and ubiquitous that a servant NPing three times in a row is now considered normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I'm a cross between this and 'If Tamamo does need a buff, have it be something other than a battery'.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic Star View Post
    Statement: Even though A is much stronger than B, you always have the option of not using A, thus B is still relevant.

Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

If agree, then sure loop enablers are different from other. In that case though, why does it matter that Tamamo is weaker than Castoria or Himiko? Tamamo isn't Gilles, Geronimo or Jekyll, she is still powerful and useable. If you want to use Tamamo, just use Tamamo.

If you disagree, then the loop enablers are not different from each other. Looping is much more powerful than any other strategy, thus anything that's not looping is irrelevant
    I want Tamamo to have more than a reactive healing support role because, as cool as CD reduction and party-wide charge are, reactive healing has been the weakest defensive measure since day 1 due to HP totals and amount healed being so low that, in the absence of Defense Up stacking, it will always be weaker than pure damage nullification or even Max HP Up. This is especially annoying given all the spammable sources of damage nullification that now exist, along with the casual 4-6k neutral damage hits that hard content frequently has, with or without extremely dangerous (to the player) DoTs.

Tamamo needs something else for party support badly. Battery would be the laziest fix, but I'll still take it over bland Transformation.

When I said "They didn't have to make a servant do their NP three times in a row", I didn't mean change the code, I meant they didn't have to make batteries so large and ubiquitous that a servant NPing three times in a row is now considered normal.
    Batteries aren't the issue though. It's that nearly all content is designed around fights that have 3 effective waves with 1-3 enemies. DW really doesn't make stuff with more waves like Dantes Tower or Halloween 1 challenge quest, September fest exhibition matches, or even Grail Fronts all that often, choosing literally nothing for vast amounts of the year instead. Being good at extremely niche content almost always means never being used because Servants that happen to enable farming are also some of the strongest support Servants in hard content too.

- - - Updated - - -

To expand on why I mentioned Himiko, it's not just that she has a unique support feature, she literally allows everyone to punch super fucking hard in what used to be considered a stall setup. It's similar to why Gogh, Douman, and now SSR BB are also pretty good even for farming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I think it more comes down to what Servants people have. I'm F2P and most of my 5 star attackers are Buster. If I face a single boss male Saber just Tamamo and Euryale can deal with it easy. With a male Berserker I may need extra support to keep Euryale in the fight. Now if I face more then one boss Servants like a Rider and Lancer I really don't have a Servants that work with just Tamamo and no other support. By giving Tama a decent buff it can open the door to new team combos.