Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Servant Discussion - Tamamo-No-Mae (Caster) 5*

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    50% NP Charge for both allies on Transformation, let's fucking goooooooooooo

That would be great. Double Tama would be a monster team. The fox needs some love this year has be mean to her as this pic shows https://i.redd.it/9aq1pxebq5g51.jpg

If anything I feel like Castoria really dumpsters Nero Bride and Jeanne more than she does Tamamo for the sole fact of how well she works in concert with Tamamo.

She helps Arts DPS reach dizzying heights and in a long fight scenario her NP is just perfect for Castoria as well.

Whereas why would you ever pick Nero Bride (or Paracelsus for that matter) now? You only picked these two more out of necessity than by choice anyway since you'd always rather use Tamamo for superior damage potential but due to refund considerations you'd have to take them. That is no longer the case now.

And Jeanne is more of a natural tank but given how easily NPs will be distributed in Castoria comps I feel like it's a superior option in most cases.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    Whereas why would you ever pick Nero Bride (or Paracelsus for that matter) now?
    If you recently gave Paracelsus a Bond Grail becaus you didn't check Castoria's ridiculous skill values. Or if you really really really need that 80% charge wet noodle AoE NP maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    If you recently gave Paracelsus a Bond Grail becaus you didn't check Castoria's ridiculous skill values. Or if you really really really need that 80% charge wet noodle AoE NP maybe
    That NP is useful for clearing Wave 1 (and sometimes Wave 2) Assassins or Berserkers, making those nodes even easier to farm since you only need to loop NPs once. Even with his wet noodle damage it's usually enough to kill them, so it's worth leveling up that skill to 10. Or you can use it Wave 3 and chain it for overcharge effect.

Also don't forget that Paracelsus has much lower party cost, so if with support Castoria + Paracelsus you can already cover the loops, Paracelsus allows you to farm BP for more party members for extra quartz.
    Last edited by Oz1337; August 12th, 2020 at 02:11 AM.

Been mostly running Tama and Castoria together with whatever fun arts servant I have on standby. I was a little mad at first because I went all out maxing my Tamamo, but they have better synergy with each other than I'd initially given credit for and the whole incident has given me the chance to type the word tamamortified a lot so I can't be too mad anyway.

I've had a lot of fun playing around with my NP5 swimsuit melt and just looping with those 3 in the party. IDK how well the looping would work without NP5 though.
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

JP Friend Code
    I suppose another way Tamamo could distance herself from Castoria is by making her the definitiva Arts Crit support (the one thing Castoria doesn't do).

Put like, Crit Damage Up on Fox's Wedding and Star Regeneration on Transformation or something, IDK.

Another option would be if they could also make Tamamo more defensive aswell like increase party defense. It fits with her stalling teams plus fit more with Castoria to increase their meta teamwork.
    Last edited by Tamamo-no-Mae Goshujin-sama; August 13th, 2020 at 01:51 AM.

Just found what I think is an interesting post by the_twig about building a stall team. It up to date with what is in JP right now. It gives some good ideas of teams, though of course Tamamo is a big player. It's called " F/GO: The Ultimate Guide to Stall" I'd suggest taking a look if you like Tama stall teams https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.a505jqxt2eoc
    Last edited by Tamamo-no-Mae Goshujin-sama; August 14th, 2020 at 08:25 PM.

Dude clearly put a lot of thought into this and it shows but there's still plenty in there which I object to. I mean Ozy>QSH as a stall unit is just lul, CG is a "healer" is he talking about his one turn HP up specifically granted to Berserkers (alright...), Parvati being that high is weird too and even stranger that he places her up there but no other charmlockers, etc.

Found the GamePress forum https://community.gamepress.gg/t/f-g...to-stall/82940 I only skimmed so far but it look like their is talk that explains why the ranking was made the way it was and more on way certain teams work.

It's a bit sad he doesn't mention Asterios in more detailed, which can be used in a stall team. Put him in a boss that has multiple hitcounts and AoE attacks and congratulations, you just cheesed the boss. For more cheese you can also put Edison or why not, Caligula with a CE that increases debuff chance and you have turned the boss into a lump of meat that can't do damage with attacks, can't use skills and can't use NP.

Feels good to turn a boss into the aberration of "I have no mouth and I must speak".

And btw, we know that a debuff that makes debuff clear effects fail exists, so I can't wait to pull off that combo for break bars that have clear debuff effects.
    Last edited by Oz1337; August 16th, 2020 at 04:38 AM.

JP Friend Code
    I agree there are some points that weird on that guide. I mean QSH is a vital member in any stall teams for sure, his entire skillset screams "tank and stall", and who the hell even use Ozy in a stall team that are mainly Arts user...

EDIT
    They also forgot about Asterios and Nightingale (both forms) I think

IMO this is the universal team to consider for stall teams nowadays for your front party. For the middle choices I put, it mostly depend on the fight, some Servants are better in some fights compared to others. Also, depending on the boss, you may want to replace some option if it can allow even better stall or even cheese, but as this doesn't happen very often then they're not added. Your backrow can be whatever you want that can replace any of your stallers, but if you put Heracles you know you have some leeway in case your stall fails so this is also a good choice in a stall team, specially after his perfectly balanced buff:

- Tamamo
    - Merlin/Castoria/Jeanne/Mashu Part 1 only
    - SR BB

Your NP is constantly filling, you do some damage instead of no damage, you have that not totally broken skill cooldown, you can interrupt your enemy in some way and you're pretty much not dying at all with heals, invincibility and/or defense buffs. You can replace BB with one of the four supports I put to be even more safe, but expect your stall team to turn into hyper stall team due to doing no damage at all, and your turn count to be so stupidly long that's it's not worth it IMO.
    Last edited by Oz1337; August 16th, 2020 at 06:03 AM.

That's pretty much been my go-to for years. Replace BB with class appropriate DPS if one is available, toss some cleanse CCs on Tamamo and Merlin, and you're gold.

That's why I hope, if they bring Tamamo back up to snuff, they focus on her skill reduction abilities more than anything else. While the NP charge on her NP and the healing is super nice, the skill reduction is what makes her truly stand out from the likes of Jeanne or Nero Bride for stalling, imo.

JP Friend Code
    I usually use QSH/Merlin/Jeanne. Almost impossible to kill and good damage... but using Tamamo kinda break the rhythm because Tamamo's first skill is useless when you only dealing with normal attacks

But if I want to use Tamamo, BB with BHG is still very viable

Speaking of CC any suggestion on what one work best with Tamamo? I saw one called Magus of Flowers witch increase NP gain but it has a cool down and their are so many I can't remember them all.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamamo-no-Mae Goshujin-sama View Post
    Speaking of CC any suggestion on what one work best with Tamamo? I saw one called Magus of Flowers witch increase NP gain but it has a cool down and their are so many I can't remember them all.
    Magus of Flowers doesn't increase NP Gain, it charges 10% when the card is used.

The better CCs for Tamamo would be the debuff clearing ones since that's a stall thing she doesn't do.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Magus of Flowers doesn't increase NP Gain, it charges 10% when the card is used.
    And has a cooldown of 3 turns until it can do that again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

The CC that increases the heal rate by 50% is really good too. You can put it on Tamamo or a teammate and it works really well with Tamamo's NP and skill.