Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Servant Discussion - Tamamo-No-Mae (Caster) 5*

Thanks so I should use ones like Code: Cure, White Vessel's Command Seal, and Good Wife Wise Fox right?

Got bored of the four weapons so I threw them away. bhl88's Avatar
    I used Merlin, Tamamo and Fujino to deal with a 1.5m damage Salter.

Anyone not done with Part 1, follow me at 999323400

Hear about this on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/...ing_tamamo_no/ . During Suzuka second interlude Tamamo shows off some new powers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HMYOQvO0sc the battle starts on 3:48 this youtube has fan English translation so it may be a bit of a spoiler. Could this be a hint on a future Tamamo second skill power boost like one turn invincibility and full NP fill. If so I think it would greatly increase Tamamos usefulness. What do you all think?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No one would care for farming. It would be useful for harder content if DW wasn't going out of its way to delete harder content from the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

They have been? I just recently played Gilfest and it was Hard I only used Tama caster for one challenge event. Are events like this really being stopping by DW in JP?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Scathach Fest deleted the exhibition matches for Grail Front battles, and those care more about solo ability than how a Servant does in a party. Even then, the AI was so poorly designed that you could beat all of them with 1-2 level 1 Servants.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

That's pretty sad. I mean Gilfest did have me want to pull my hear out a few time but when I won it made me proud of the team I managed put together even though I F2P. I thought challenge quest would continue and an upgrade to Tama would let her take center stage again like back a Nerofest, where I used her more the even Merlin.

Feels like everyone just ignoring most important part. Tamamo NP lower downtime for Waver skills. Neither Castoria nor Skadi can do that. I wish I didn't lost account with both of them in...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That only matters for challenge quests or hard story fights, and almost all of those can be minimum turned anyway using stronger supports than Tamamo.

Even in harder content, it's pretty hard to beat just how powerful Saber Caster's OC effect can be.

Well, duh. For easy stuff you can use whatever you want and don't have to really think about best support whatsoever.

That said I don't really understand what so good about Artoria caster compared to greatness of Waver and Tamamo. Even if her skills are incredible she loose on NP front completely. From what I see even Helena have somewhat worse skills, but better NP.
    Last edited by Tenzen12; November 11th, 2020 at 05:32 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Saber Caster has some of the best parts of Tamamo (50% Arts Up), Waver (party-wide battery, Attack Up, NP that improves party's damage potential), Bride (NP Gen Up, targeted battery) and Jeanne (party-wide Special Invincible, debuff cleanse) wrapped up into a single Servant. If you can't recognize just how bonkers she is from looking at her skills and NP, let alone watching some of the videos showcasing how bonkers she is, then there's nothing I can say that will ever convince you otherwise.

Put simply, skill cd reduction becomes less and less of an issue if you simply don't take damage for 2-3 turns. Never mind that certain AoE and single target NP Servants can literally spam NPs 4 times in a row.

Even in easy content, please show me the alternative that can reliably 3t anything without having to rely on a specific CE. Saber Caster setups get away with some really silly things like the following:

No Skadi or Waver setup will ever reach 6 free CE slots without relying on starting NP gauge CEs or instant star CEs combined with low HP Wave 1. The few pre-Saber Caster Arts setups that can do 6 free CE slots rely more on buffed Bride than Tamamo, with Tamamo potentially being replaced by Paracelsus.
    Last edited by Trubo; November 11th, 2020 at 05:38 PM.

I can see why she is useful for her skills but her NP is plainly weak. Also Waver does more than just NP battery, his NP is almost as relevant and Tamamo not just reduce downtime but also act as battery and heals.

Edit: Oh, my bad I always lived under assumption she just give imunity against pierce with someone else having to provide invicibility itself. Well now I see she is possibly best support. Not that I would ever use Artoria that isn't fixed by mud, but I was wrong about her usefullness at least.

I think instead of saying who is best just use both Tamamo and Saber Caster. I'm in NA so I can't say if this is the best as I don't have Saber Caster but from the video I've seen Double Saber Casters then bringing in Tama and beat what in front of you and if there are survivors Tama NP should have her and Saber Casters skills ready to go for another wave of hard Art hits.

I do wonder to be ready for the Arts meta who should I think of summoning. For single target should I go for Sitonai or Vlad and for the group damage I think I should look to a Space Cow girl or is Summer Berserker that much better?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sitonai has better refund than Vlad, but Vlad has better overall use. Musashi (Berserker) has better general damage than Space Ishtar, but Space Ishtar is better able to handle the massively different wave compositions nowadays on JP (e.g. 1/2/X, 2/1/x, 1/1/2-3).

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    This.

I like it when people mention how Servants synergize with each other, particularly Castoria and Tamamo. As someone who only have Tamamo and Skadi and like to take it slow, borrowing Support Waver is more than enough to compensate the flaws in your team thanks to Tamamo's CD Reduction. And with Castoria on the horizon, imagine what ridiculous feats you could accomplish just with Support Castoria alone.

Musashi Zerker would be an ideal go-to for farming purposes really, but so are the other neutral damage classes, since Castoria's buff has made that non-issue. Sitonai's advantage is only over Cavalry-classes plus Foreigner, while Vlad works on everything but also vulnerable to them plus Foreigner, although Sitonai has more decent NP gain compared to Vlad until his Strengthening, so there's that.

Edit: Sniped
    Last edited by OnesFleetingGlory; November 11th, 2020 at 07:18 PM.

So right now I think my choose will be Vlad since it sounds like he will work best against most bosses and Space Ishtar since she sound best for challenge waves (I'm not much of a farmer). Thanks for the advice, though they are still far in the future so I may still change my mind. I do know that if I get Castoria I'll be using Tamamo along with her.

Space Ishtar is nice in that she is basically the only looper who can 3t loop scuffed enemy comps consistently. But it's nowhere near as important as people make it out to be, honestly. Usually you are better off just using an ST Servant to take care of one of the waves. Idk why people are so stubborn about wanting one Servant to do all of the damage. It's really not that important.

Just keep in mind, this is without taking into consideration Arash and Chen Gong, both of whom drastically alter how you can confront quests. Particularly Chen Gong.

In the Arcade it seem we can get a new line https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bKCqlzp9Mk . I find it sweet she wishes to be save.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar
    What do you think Tamamos next buff will be? I servants should be able to use their NP with less than 100% power. If they don't have 100% when executing it, their NP fails. This would let Tamamo use her NP to fill an allies gage and then her ally could use their NP on the same turn.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I don't think she's getting buffed again before at least another year or two, and hopefully never.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.