Thread: Welcome to Fate/Grand Order General!

Welcome to Fate/Grand Order General!

Q: What is this?
    A: F/GO has its own subforum now, and it's up to YOU to fill it up with everything that has to do with the game and its related spinoffs.

Q: What's the difference from posting in AMMD?
    A: This being a dedicated space means that there's no longer a need for a small number of extremely large threads to contain all F/GO activity. If there's something that you believe deserves its own thread instead of getting swept up in the flow of conversation, make it so.

Q: What kinds of threads should be made?
    A: New events or chapter releases, hyper-efficient farming setups, Servant viability discussions, this theory you came up with in the shower, you get the idea. Spinoff threads like manga adaptations and whatnot should go here if they're predominantly F/GO-related. User's discretion, basically, so don't hesitate to make them if you feel like it. The old general discussion threads are presently on probation - for now, as mentioned, we're trying to encourage some thread proliferation and diversity of discussion. This is absolutely subject to feedback: we'll evaluate them in a week's time or so, and thereafter if the weight of opinion seems to shift. (It is also possible that we allow one "miscellaneous chat" thread for unfocused GO talk, while continuing to encourage detailed discussion elsewhere).
    I3uster has begun some example threads, like the attention whore he is.

Q: What about the EN version; how will people avoid spoilers?
    A: Since this is a shared JP/EN space (for now), make sure your thread titles contain the necessary disambiguation ([JP] or [EN] should work) and be ESPECIALLY mindful of marking spoiler threads as such. It goes without saying that putting spoilers right in the thread title is to be avoided, but it admittedly gets trickier when someone wants to make a thread about a Servant who isn't yet in EN. Exercise some caution in this to start with. It would be very helpful to hear from EN-only players about the matter, and whether there is enough demand for further division of forum space between EN and JP: this is another area where we're actively looking for feedback and how we can respond to it.

Feel free to ask for clarifications or about anything not covered here. Happy posting.
    Last edited by Leftovers; April 26th, 2020 at 10:16 AM.

You say to make a thread if we have something to talk about that deserves it so it doesn't get swept up in the flow of conversation, but we don't have the General Thread to have conversation anymore. I get you're trying to get some threads made, but there's literally nothing happening in the game outside of the free SSR ticket for the foreseeable future (and that doesn't really call for its own thread).

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Logging in and checking the thread today had been a very confusing experience for a minute or two.

I don't think it is a good idea to close the general thread, given that it was the most active one by far, and also that I don't think segmenting discussion will lead to more of it, just a very fragmented community.

That and there isn't anything in the immediate future of the game to talk about outside of us who are going through Olympus, the free SSR or I guess when the rerun happens. And only one of which can maybe sustain a thread.
    JP Support 7/11/2018 (non-event)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    I feel like the story thread really should stay open for the most immediate discussion on that. It's a good hub for it. I feel like a per story thread would just get annoying when looking back for stuff.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    So... how should it go?

General/Gameplay [JP]
    General/Gameplay [EN]
    Lore
    then theads for specific events and main chapters?
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

US Friend Code
    I get the intent but I would think having the megathreads would facilitate more discussion during the lull periods like what JP is in right now. Currently JP really has nothing worth making an individual thread over.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Good points. We'll open them up and leave it to evaluation going forward. The intent is for the entire subforum to get used for FGO activity in depth since it's such a central place in Type Moon fandom now. Feel free to populate it with whatever threads you want; we may make some more as well. If we feel like it vacuums up too much of the activity that could go into individual threads we'll break it out. So consider this a potential transition phase. Use the generals for random salt and general chatting (like poor rolls, etc.), but make threads for specific events and topics where more fruitful discussion can be had.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    this reorganization messes up with my muscle memory
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

Blog Entries
    Why can't the original general discussion stay anyway? We already separate lore, gameplay and generation discussions right?

Well, i'm a pretty new member of BL so my opinion isn't very helpful, mostly because I didn't get to know the old format very well. that being said, i really liked the change especially because it make search for specific posts and topics way easier than before. And separete each individual topic also made easier to follow the discussion on topics that i'm interessed or not. But lets see how it'll turn out this week

Quote Originally Posted by Huitante View Post
    this reorganization messes up with my muscle memory
    I keep refreshing AMMD instead of FGO.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Huh, guess I'll use Today's Posts way more than my Subscribed Threads from now on.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wow, five years later and the quarantine forum goes ahead during the global quarantine. Apropos.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Honestly I'm just going to read less posts instead of more from this. It's a lot easier to skip over random threads than random posts in a thread you're invested in. Also it furthers tab hell, which is a sin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    This is pretty cool, though the real problem would have been if those threads were in GD. I'm probably only going to sit on activity stream anyway.