Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's your Servant with Sentimental Value?

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Who's your Servant with Sentimental Value?

Kind of like in Pokemon, even if you eventually have gods and eldritch horrors backing you up, there's always that one early game party member. The one who's your go-to in the first few parts, the last one hanging around when you start to build teams with a purpose. The one you still feel an attachment to, even if their not the strongest or most useful, only because you used them almost constantly at one point.

Mine's Liz. My first SR, with decent support, and had role in most of the events in the first six months. She was my main damage dealer for quite a while, and even when she was neutralized by class, I still brought her out to buff the actual damage dealer. I doubt I've used her for the last year, but I still 10/10/10'd her when I got the extra mats and got her to bond 10.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Stheno was honestly that in my JP FGO account because that was back when Orleans dragon spam was the hardest part of the game and she just steamrolled it based on class advantage.

unthinkable now, probably one of the worst gold servants if not the worst in the game
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

US Friend Code
    Probably Cu. PfA and BC saved my ass more times than I can remember in the earlier days, and I still pull him out occasionally. I think he was my first bond 10 too; it was either him or Emiya.

It's Okita for me. Got her day 1 of playing my account and she stayed on the team through America at least.

First bond 10 was Herc but I didn't use him nearly as much since he just vibed out in the back collecting bond mostly.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Carmilla. My first SR (I think maybe even from my first roll) from my original account. Was pretty good at charging NP even before the caster quick ball update, carried me through Orleans, all-around a good fella. Pretty good to this day, unlike, say, Stheno.

No more Stheno slander below this post.

Hard to choose Gilgamesh was my first five star and Tamamo was my second. I use both of them together through part one. However I think I will go with Tamamo. During part one story, and event she continued to save the day. Even the final battle she became my last party member and pulled out a victory she was truly my goddess of victory during that fight.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    Asterios.

And guys, I know mocking Stheno is a meme but c'mon. She might not be broken or even good, but after all her upgrades she's a now perfectly decent SR.

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Marie. Like with the others, she was my first SR and gold in general. I really relied on her tankiness early on and she also was probably the first FGO original character that won me over. It showed with how she was the only servant i had that had naturally gotten to bond 10 by solomon, unlike herc who i purposely grinded bond for just before the part 1 finale.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Marie, it was a long and cold month before the free SR code.

She charmed me from the moment I saw her, she stuck with me through every singularity, she killed Goetia for me. Vive la France.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Darius carried me on the early game the same way people feel toward Kojiro. Its help that he is my very first Servant. Never Grailed him tho, but he is my go-to 3 star when there is an event that restricts you to use the same Servant again and again.

Other than him, there is Waver. I know he is this super ultra OP unit, but I have him from early on before he got his NP charge buff and defense down, and I spent around 6 months with him only until I got another 5 star (technically, I rolled a second 5 star, which is his dupe).

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    I’ve gotta say Arturia. She’s almost always my go-to Saber even when Lancelot or Suzuka might work better. Even my precious Casko doesn’t have the same track record for such frequent use.
    Last edited by Draconic; April 29th, 2020 at 08:41 PM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

JP Friend Code
    Heracles, he never left my party since I got him, was the first to receive the grails and gold fous. Currently aiming to get him to bond level 15

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Talking about this topic made me go through my servants by date, and i'm kinda surprised by how early some of them were. I remember the SSRs pretty good because it was usually spesific banners, but it kinda blends together for the SRs.

I didn't actually remember that marie came as early as day 2 of playing for me, and that i got martha super early and just ignored her for 3 years or so.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Darius carried me on the early game the same way people feel toward Kojiro. Its help that he is my very first Servant. Never Grailed him tho, but he is my go-to 3 star when there is an event that restricts you to use the same Servant again and again.

Other than him, there is Waver. I know he is this super ultra OP unit, but I have him from early on before he got his NP charge buff and defense down, and I spent around 6 months with him only until I got another 5 star (technically, I rolled a second 5 star, which is his dupe).
    Waver was my first SSR.

I wanted Tamamo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    I guess the closest for me would be Arash, I always get a wave of early game nostalgia (in a good sense) when I use him/hear his voice.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Waver was my first SSR.

I wanted Tamamo.
    Same but I was hunting for Nero at the time. I didn't actually realize he was a SSR until a few weeks later. Then I didn't use him for a while because he was too expensive to put in a team when you only have 30 or so to play with, and why take a Waver when I could use two R's instead.

Second SSR and first I actually tried to get was Scathach. And she got the first grails, gold fou's, Bond 10, and every other new mechanic still to come in the future.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Servant Conception Extraordinaire MoonCell's Avatar
    Nursery Rhyme. She was my first Gold Servant and also my first max ascended and max leveled Servant.

Other than being a great overall offensive Caster that helped me in many of the game's first quests, there is also my connection with her from Extra. When playing it I found her story and her master's heart-rending. I didn't find their ending satisfactory, I wanted to do more for those two sweet little girls that were betrayed by the cruelty of the world. Rolling her on my first ten-roll felt almost like destiny and I was really happy that now I could actually take care of her and bring her along instead of having to be forced to kill her like in F/E.

It was truly a feeling of sweet closure. The happy ending Alice deserved.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I never cared about strategy so when I started the game I tried to end everything Stella because that's one joke I assumed would never get old (and now 3+ years in, I still haven't been proven wrong). I actually grailed Arash to 100 10/10/10 long before I learned he was actually considered a good unit.

Also, every single one of my Beast fights so far ended with only Cleopatra alive, in an Last Turn situation where if Cleo failed to kill now I lose. There are still 4 Beasts to go, but so far Danganronpa-chan never disappointed.

Chevalier d'Eon and Marie were a combo I used at the beginning of the game, and it was a great combo. They helped me win fights that I would have never won otherwise.

Nowadays I only use Marie for farming and d'Eon only when I need an extra tank after the good ones die, though that's really rare. The last time I used d'Eon was against Altjuna IIRC, which is a bit of a pity, since I got d'Eon in the first 10-roll you're given when joining the game (back when you weren't guaranteed to get gold Servants LOL), making it my first gold Servant I ever got.
    Last edited by Oz1337; April 30th, 2020 at 01:26 AM.